PDA

View Full Version : Is there a way to get rid of a broken record for Pulse?

xEik
7th January 2008, 06:19 PM
Yesterday I realised that my current Rapier record for Talon's Junction consists of only 2 laps since I was eliminated in a campaign tournament.

Does anyone know if there is a way to make this record be overwritten with one containing the 4 laps? Telling me to do 4 laps in the time I did 2 is not a valid answer. :evil

I'm afraid I'll have to ditch my current savegame (my only backup already has that record) and restart all over again if I want to be able to submit a valid time for that combination on wipeout-game.com (the wrong record is already there but I suppose it will be eventually deleted as caused by a bug).

Tomahawk
7th January 2008, 08:08 PM
AFAIK there's no way to get rid of these records up to this day. I have a bunch of them in my profile myself and am waiting eagerly for SL to release some bug fix for this. Imo it shouldn't be too hard to do a little piece of software that checks your pulse savefiles and deletes all of these false records.
Something like "If {total racetime} is smaller or equal {number of laps for checked speed class} multiplied by {best lap time} then {delete record}"...

Rapier Racer
7th January 2008, 08:41 PM
I don't see why we can't manually remove records from the game. This bug has been around since Pure would have expecting it to be fixed at Pulse launch with these official tables and all that.

guillaume
10th January 2008, 05:27 PM
I was wondering about that too.
Is it possible to have an official answer about this?
I don't what to do right now. Should I keep my current "corrupted" profile and keep playing, hoping that a fix or a tool will be released, or should I delete it, create a new one and make sure I quit every race in which I explode?

Task
11th January 2008, 03:24 AM
Don't count on a fix. If one was coming, it would have been in Pulse when it shipped. I've got a few bogus times in my Pure tables, I just ignore them.

If you really want a clean profile, then you'll have to start a new profile and be careful to not overwrite it when you get eliminated.

KANDANG
11th January 2008, 05:12 AM
i'd rather not care much about single races and compete on the TT, speed lap and zone tables.

;)

imho when it comes to single race = when you get to the top, race a couple of hundred times on a single lap and wait till you get lucky eg. 2-3 turbos + autopilot on a single lap and voila, you're top on the best lap for SR, and if you're even luckier you'll have the best race time too; if you get at least 1 turbo per lap.

Frances_Penfold
11th January 2008, 06:25 AM
I agree with Kandang. It's definitely a pitty that this glitch made its way into Pulse-- but IMO it would be much worse if it affected time trials or speed laps.

I guess I've never really understood the purpose of single race records-- it's so dependent on your opposition and what items you happen to pick up from the weapon pads.

Still, my condolescences for those wipers that enjoy single race time competition...

guillaume
11th January 2008, 08:05 AM
Don't count on a fix. If one was coming, it would have been in Pulse when it shipped.
Maybe an official tool then. As suggested by Tomahawk, a "profile checker" could be released. Plus the wrong records are easily spotted, as the missing laps in your race are not displayed in the records page.
Maybe a downloadable tool would be a threat if it helped hackers to understand how to modify the game saves. Best case scenario imo, when you upload your profile on wipeout-game.com, the server checks your profile and offers to modify it, and give it back to you free of bogus times.
That makes me think, isn't this (http://wipeout-game.com/html/content/Article?contentID=69) what it is all about? If SL is working on deleting these corrupted times on their servers, maybe we'll get lucky and have a "profile corrector"!!
*hopes, hopes, hopes* :dizzy

guillaume
19th January 2008, 01:56 PM
Aaargh.
I had decided to start a new profile. Few hours played later, I find out I saved a broken record...
I may be asking too much, but could we have an official answer whether we can hope for a solution to this bug?

ACE-FLO
6th June 2009, 01:20 AM
Man, you posted 18 months ago... I'm guessing this aint getting fixed now... time to lock this thread I guess!