PDA

View Full Version : Importing wipeout pulse

kurdt_the_goat
4th January 2008, 01:12 AM
Hey - this is my first post, so first of all, Hi :P
Sorry to start with a question, but i can't find this answered anywhere!

I'm thinking of importing the asian release of wipeout pulse (releasing 8 jan on play-asia.com) cause it works out cheaper than buying in my home country. I'm wondering if anyone has heard anything about whether it'll have an english language option? I know the devs post here from time to time so maybe they could help!

Also, on a related note, does anyone know if the future downloads/packs will be specific to the game's region like they were on Pure? I hope everyone gets equal treatment this time!

Cheers!

Frances_Penfold
4th January 2008, 01:26 AM
Hi, Kurdt, and welcome to the zone!

I noticed the Play-Asia listing recently but an uncertain about the details-- especially because Colin and Fox said that there was no imminent JPN release anticipated. I know that "Asia" and "JPN" releases are generally different but I don't know how that tends to sort out in terms of language options.

The link, for those that are interested, is here:
http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-bl-49-en-70-26ri.html

Based on my experience with the PAL version-- which I imported to the U.S. from Australia for around $40 USD-- I'm not sure how much a language difference would actually matter, once you learned the menus.

Last I heard, the hope was that there would not be region-specific content, and that all content would be free to download. Not sure if that expectation has been changed or not-- but I'm sure somebody else here knows!

Sorry not to be able to help more :)

Sausehuhn
4th January 2008, 01:29 AM
The Asian Version of WOPure didn't even support the downloadable content, only the Japan one as far as I know. I wonder if it's the same with WOPulse.
I would take the save way and pay these 10 Euros/Dollars/What-ever more.

kurdt_the_goat
4th January 2008, 01:50 AM
Yeah, you're probably right Sausehuhn, i'm just being cheap (i'm in Australia and the price isn't as bad as the average PSP game)
It's probably got something to do with the $5US off of $50+ purchases voucher i've got to use before the end of January :P