PDA

View Full Version : Playing Through Pure EU version... I'm missing something?

batfastad
2nd January 2008, 03:56 PM
Hi everyone

I completed WipeOut Pure last year. I bought it off Amazon marketplace but then found out it was the US version of the game, inside a Euro box!

So I completed the US version, winning 284 golds in total.

A few weeks ago I bought the Euro version to get some practice in before Pulse arrived, and it is the proper Euro version this time :)

It's taken a while but I've finally got all the golds available
I had some problems with the Vector time trials on the Omega tracks from a download pack (Omega wasn't available for US version I think).

Anyway, got all the available golds for my Euro version but that only adds up to 294 gold medals.
I thought there were supposed to be a few more than that. 330 or 340 or something like that?

It might be that I'm missing a download pack.

Here's the current contents of my memory stick that starts with the Euro UCES00001 code:

UCES00001DCLASSICMPAK1
UCES00001DCLASSICMPAK2
UCES00001DOBLIVION
UCES00001DOMEGAPAK
UCES00001DSCIFIPAK
UCES00001DURBANUK
UCES00001DDELTAPAK
UCES00001DGAMMAPAK
UCES00001DA7MUSIC
UCES00001DVOCMUSIC
UCES00001P0000 - my profile
and then 127 folders called UCES00001G, which I think are the ghost files.

Am I missing a download pack?
Are these still available anywhere?

Once I've completed this, I'm so gonna have to buy Wipeout Pulse!

Cheers
Ben

mdhay
2nd January 2008, 04:02 PM
Hello.

All I can recommend is this:

http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showpost.php?p=70079&postcount=13

The size is 90mb.

Rapier Racer
2nd January 2008, 04:02 PM
I think the medal count is boosted by atrocities such as the the coke pack (available on euro version?) and other such sponsored packs, which is just the same tracks in a poorly thought out skin and a new medal box added to your profile.

Dogg Thang
2nd January 2008, 08:34 PM
No, the coke pack wasn't available for EU Pure and I think the only sponsored one is the Delta pack, sponsored by... some people. Looking through your list from memory, I can't see what you're missing.

Did you get all the tournaments? Like the Descension and Ascension tournaments?

Hyper Shadow
2nd January 2008, 08:35 PM
The Delta pack was sponsored by Puma.

..and more tastefully done than the Coke one I might add.

batfastad
3rd January 2008, 08:30 AM
No I had the Ascension and Descension tournaments all done.

Downloaded that euro.zip from the linked thread and found 4 packs I didn't have:

UCES00001DGAMESRADAR
UCES00001DCLASSICPAK1
UCES00001DCLASSICPAK2
UCES00001DOMEGAPAKS

Added those into my SAVEDATA folder and I get 4 extra tracks.

4 tracks x 5 classes = 20
x 2 (single race and time trial) = 40 golds
+ 1 tournament x 5 classes = 45 golds

So that's my 339 I think!!!

Thanks for the help guys
Ben

Dogg Thang
3rd January 2008, 09:17 AM
Ah, the Omega tracks. Of course. Sorry, I should have noticed they weren't on your original list.

Edit: Oh, actually they are on your list. Weird. Maybe one just contained the ships and the other contained the tracks. I can't remember.

Triple Lei
23rd January 2008, 02:33 AM
Looks like I'm in the same boat; I got all 284 gold medals in the US version of Wipeout Pure, and the wait for the US version of Wipeout Pulse was too long, so
I ended up winning the European (well actually Australian...) version of Wipeout Pure on eBay by 5 seconds or so. :g Were those extra tracks worth it? YES!!! :nod

Reading through this thread and this thread (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showpost.php?p=51529&postcount=92), it looks like I'm missing UCES00001DCLASSICMPAK1 and whatever those "Pure Urban" downloads are. Anyone want to put them up? They're not in the download in this thread (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showpost.php?p=70079&postcount=13).

batfastad
23rd January 2008, 07:16 AM
I bought the EU version and have since completed it.

I wanted to do that before starting on WipeOut Pulse, but I'm now giving WipeOut a break for a bit as the handling in Pulse was massively different and I got a bit annoyed so it's Pro Evolution Soccer I'm playing through at the moment.

Triple Lei
23rd January 2008, 08:07 AM
Well that didn't take long!

What better way to give it a proper farewell than to upload that UCES00001DCLASSICMPAK1 that I couldn't find...? :|

batfastad
23rd January 2008, 08:18 AM
PM sent ;)

CR4SH3D
25th January 2008, 04:41 PM
whats the pure urban download?
i have all the ones available from the playstation store (free) and i havent heard of that, am i also missing some?

Rapier Racer
25th January 2008, 06:09 PM
Probably some shitty R&B.

lunar
25th January 2008, 08:04 PM
mostly yes. It was embarrassing stuff generally, but if I remember right the French pure urban pack was pretty ok. "Bad Boy Racing" on Cardcity was a winner.

CR4SH3D
27th January 2008, 10:51 AM
so it was just music? i dont htink its on the yourpsp site

Triple Lei
27th January 2008, 09:09 PM
Looks like I'm not the only one who wouldn't mind it being put up on RapidShare... :g

Anyway, I made this comparison for fun:

http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/5697/wipeoutpurexmbcomparisojw9.th.jpg (http://img221.imageshack.us/my.php?image=wipeoutpurexmbcomparisojw9.jpg)

The music and video preview are the same, for the curious...

CR4SH3D
28th January 2008, 01:14 AM
yeah, and the others have dissapeared now from the playstation store, thats wher ei got them a few weeks back

Triple Lei
4th February 2008, 05:30 AM
I just earned my 339th Gold Medal! :hyper

Stats tell me I got it done in 25:38 - pretty good I hope, especially when comparing that to my NA completion time w/ 284 Gold Medals (67 hours).

I never thought Khara Descent was that hard in Time Trial. The Omega Tracks were brutal, though... especially when racing against the CPU in Phantom!

Hopefully I'll get my Xlink Kai setup by next week so I can play you fine folks...

Medusa
4th February 2008, 02:24 PM
Wow! Congrats! I think I stopped at 300 medals...not sure though anymore!
I haven't tried Kai in a long while but I'll try to race you when you're all hooked up!

Will you be getting Pulse as well?

Triple Lei
4th February 2008, 10:02 PM
I'll definitely get Pulse when it comes out here in the States! And maybe when I get all the gold medals in that game, I'll hunt around for the Japanese version of Wipeout Pure. :dizzy Should be worth it for the new songs and Coke stuff, right?

stin
5th February 2008, 06:42 AM
If you planning to get japs version?, make sure it`s the right format, it`s UCJS 10007 but, they are extremely hard to find!

stevie:)

Asayyeah
5th February 2008, 10:47 AM
Yeah Stevie is right, make sure not to confuse Asian with Japanese Wipeout Pure. Cause they share 95% of the same box.
Asian doesn't have any DL tracks

Japan got a sticker on the front cover saying ' CERO' on the below left , and on the backside the region code must be ' 2 ' and written ' for japan only '

Asian is region 3 and got this reference : UCAS40012

P52Smith
23rd March 2008, 02:53 PM
Downloaded that euro.zip from the linked thread and found 4 packs I didn't have:

UCES00001DGAMESRADAR
UCES00001DCLASSICPAK1
UCES00001DCLASSICPAK2
UCES00001DOMEGAPAKS

Added those into my SAVEDATA folder and I get 4 extra tracks.

4 tracks x 5 classes = 20
x 2 (single race and time trial) = 40 golds
+ 1 tournament x 5 classes = 45 golds

You had the Classic Pack Music 1 and 2, not the Classic packs for tracks

Music
UCES00001DCLASSICMPAK1
UCES00001DCLASSICMPAK2
Tracks
UCES00001DCLASSICPAK1
UCES00001DCLASSICPAK2

Notice the M before PAK

and
9th April 2008, 09:24 PM
Don't have this one: UCES00001DCLASSICMPAK1! Does anyone know where to get it? SL closed down the download :brickwall

Or maby someone could send it to me... pleeease (with sugar and milk on top)

Rapier Racer
10th April 2008, 10:22 AM
Looks like they (Sony not SL) closed the old PSP download service so the links now point to the PS Store, which of course has no Pure content because they don't want any unawares finding out that you can get 200 times more fully functional stuff for Pure without paying.

and
13th April 2008, 10:53 PM
Well, I can understand how they came to the decision not to have the content for Pure in the Playstation Store but there was no need for Sony to take it away from the Pure site. Just makes them seem more greedy and makes me feel a bit sheeted on my Pure purchase.

Rapier Racer
14th April 2008, 09:07 PM
Thinking about it for a moment actually. I think they shut down the old service as such so theres only one, PSN/PS Store and not a seperate PSP download service still going on. I don't think the Pure content would have fitted in well but still thats no excuse, really, does it still have the free downloadable content sticker on the box?

Maybe not so much let's take the content down because we are arseholes, but then it's Sony and we can never underestimate them.

TheFrostE
15th April 2008, 10:19 PM
i just got my euro pure in the mail today finally, ^_^. so let me get this straight, i cant get the DL content at all anymore, or is there another way

stin
15th April 2008, 11:21 PM
Yes, but I`m drunk ATM:paperbag, I will find a link for you tomorrow.

stevie :redface:

Darkdrium777
16th April 2008, 03:07 AM
lol stevie :g

By the way if anyone in the US needs the pack but doesn't know where to get them, I have them all so I can host them somewhere for you to download. Just send in a PM. ;)
Perhaps Rob could even host all the PurE packs on his site, who knows? Is it allowed? I would think so since it is free and he wouldn't be making money off it.

TearsToShreds
16th April 2008, 09:07 AM
i just got my euro pure in the mail today finally, ^_^. so let me get this straight, i cant get the DL content at all anymore, or is there another way

Check the Wikipedia article for Wipeout Pure's expansion packs. It should link to a site containing them. :)

rdmx
16th April 2008, 09:40 AM
Asayyeah used to have it uploaded here, looks like it got removed again :|
http://hosted.filefront.com/asayyeah

and
16th April 2008, 07:44 PM
but still thats no excuse, really, does it still have the free downloadable content sticker on the box?

Yes, and It' also printed on the back though I did bought it about 6 month ago. But then again, I can't find any info about a deadline for getting the extra content.

There is a useful link at first page in this very thread you can use to get all the standard packs except the first classic music pack. It also contains two additional packs. One called scifi pack though I don't know what it contains.

Darkdrium777
16th April 2008, 10:38 PM
Never mind about me hosting it then. I didn't see there was also USA available.

Darkdrium777
3rd August 2008, 06:20 PM
Ok so many thanks to Mkdo admin over at Wipeout-Arena, here is the complete archive (http://files.filefront.com/eurorar/;11343399;/fileinfo.html) with all the DLC for the Euro Pure. It contains the missing CLASSICMPAK1 that you've all been looking for.

EDIT: Ok this archive is still incomplete, it is missing UCES00001DURBANUK If anyone can host it thank you.

eLhabib
3rd August 2008, 07:55 PM
my pirate sense is tickling... :naughty

Darkdrium777
3rd August 2008, 08:38 PM
Why? This DLC is free.

Explain to me why this would be piracy.

Rapier Racer
3rd August 2008, 09:07 PM
No one cares about the Pure packs being shared this way at this point in time, you can't get them from any official source anyway.

eLhabib
3rd August 2008, 09:13 PM
if that's perfectly legal to do it this way, that's very cool! didn't know that, apologies.

and
3rd August 2008, 09:20 PM
Thanks allot Darkdrium777! Finally, almost gave up on this one.

Now I only have to hurry to bye the packs for Pulse before they disappear as well...

Asayyeah
4th August 2008, 01:51 PM
Xavier , UCES00001DURBANUK is a music track right? that is certainly why i deleted it from my list :D

Darkdrium777
4th August 2008, 03:06 PM
Yes it's a music pack, apparently (That's what kaori said) there are URBAN music packs for each country, so a URBANUK, URBANFR, URBANGE (Germany), etc. and you could download them all if you changed the language of the site.

It's not really as important as the CLASSICMPAK1 though (CoLD SToRAGE ;)), but it would still be great if we could recover all of them... You know, just for the sake of having all the DLC available.

Flashback Jack
4th August 2008, 03:51 PM
http://rapidshare.com/files/109260185/All_Wipeout_Pure_Packs__E_.zip

Doesn't contain the various music packs for each country, but it's complete as far as I can tell.

- F

P52Smith
5th August 2008, 02:20 PM
I've never heard of that pack and I checked the old PS store almost daily and it never appeared there, nor have I ever seen it on www.wipeoutpure.com on the many times I have checked.
Who is kaori?
Can kaori be trusted on this?
Where did kaori hear about the pack?

Asayyeah
5th August 2008, 03:07 PM
I knew about UrbanFr , those track i DLed before but not really my type of music so i deleted them.
About Kaori ( a french from Rouen) i met him personaly 2 weekends ago at the Normandie Convention and i can put my trust on him.

P52Smith
5th August 2008, 03:19 PM
Fair enough.
Just a shame I didn't know about their existance.

Darkdrium777
5th August 2008, 10:54 PM
There were multiple packs for each 'major' country in Europe, like France, England, Germany, Spain; and each which their own music style.
Maybe someone can e-mail pureUrban and ask them about these packs, if they are still available.

alterego
6th August 2008, 06:36 AM
Hi All.

Like alternative dlc link of pure's packs can be used these two:

Complete Packs for Euro Version (http://www.rigaweb.it/materiali/wipeout/euro.zip)

and

Complete Packs for USA Version (http://www.rigaweb.it/materiali/wipeout/usa.zip)

read you soon
CdRom

Darkdrium777
6th August 2008, 03:35 PM
Hold on a sec: did you correct your Euro archive alterego? Last time I downloaded from your site it was missing the CLASSICMPAK1.

Also the Euro archive is far from complete if we take into account all the missing Pure Urban music packs.

alterego
7th August 2008, 09:54 AM
Hi Darkdrium777, hi all.

ouch!
Maybe.....aaargh!
If it is possible....
Can you pass those two packs, CLASSICMPAK1 and Pure Urban music packs, for my adding in the zip file?

read you soon
cdrom

Darkdrium777
7th August 2008, 05:06 PM
This FileFront link (http://files.filefront.com/eurorar/;11343399;/fileinfo.html) has your archive + the missing CLASSICMPAK1.

However, the Pure Urban packs are still missing.

alterego
8th August 2008, 09:27 AM
Hi All.

tnx Darkdrium!

Ok! I have corrected the error in my zip and now it contains all the packs..... :D

If someone has the Urban pack please post the link here.....and i add it to my zip...

read you soon
cdrom