PDA

View Full Version : What are your favourite sandwich fillings?

Bob Todd
25th June 2002, 04:19 PM
What are everyone's favourite sarnie stuffings?

One of my two personal favourites is chicken breast, wholegrain French mustard and Australian honey. Seriously, it is yummy. I like honey-roast chicken with mustard, so I thought I'd try a sandwich version the other day, and it was ace.

My other favourite is another one of my own creations, which I call 'The Ultimate'.
Ingredients:
- Three slices of bread (brown with a crispy crust) instead of the usual two
- 2 or 3 slices of poultry (I usually have chook, but had to make do with turkey last time)
- Marmite
- Mayo
- Cheddar (must be extra strong vintge stuff), grated.
- Crisps (preferably cheese & onion. Ready salted or roast chook are okay), scrunched up.
- Whole-grain French mustard.

Jam those all in somewhere, and it tastes delicious! Go easy on the marmite, though or you won't be able to taste the mayo and meat very well.

(for those of you in coutries not blessed with the almighty yeast extract spread that is Marmite, Here (http://www.gty.org/~phil/marmite.htm) is a useful FAQ.)

When I can't be bothered to make that, I also like:
- jam
- peanut butter and jam (don't like pb on its own; too dry)
- lemon curd
- tuna and mayo
- tuna and pb (no, really - it's yummy)
- grated carrot and pb (squish the grated carrot between 2 bits of kitchen towel first to get most of the water out, or the bread will go all soggy).

I also like white chocolate in a floury bap or a burger bun.

FoxZero
25th June 2002, 04:41 PM
um.. i like salami.. :)

jmoid
25th June 2002, 06:28 PM
i like salami too!

the sandwiches they do at the place i work are tremendous - they bring a trolley round every day and i always end up spending about a million pounds. well about three actually. their coronation chicken baguettes are world beaters.

i dig roast pepper on sandwiches, and mozzarella, and a really nice one to try is wednesleydale cheese and grated carrot.

sandwiches - food of the gods if you ask me pal.

jmoid
25th June 2002, 06:29 PM
I also like white chocolate in a floury bap or a burger bun. :o

xEik
25th June 2002, 08:51 PM
Who wants a sandwich when you can eat bread with tomato and 'Jamón Serrano' 8) (not the catalan name but you'll probably identify it by this name) :-?

Lance
25th June 2002, 10:07 PM
chocolate should be chocolate colour!! that white stuff doesn't even taste like chocolate to me

Wamdue
25th June 2002, 11:17 PM
i like anything sweet.. doesnt matter if its peanut butter or jam..