PDA

View Full Version : A little note about the camera

Stardragon88
27th December 2007, 08:42 PM
I've noticed that when you set the camera to 'far', it tends to pull back all the way behind your ship at some instances. For example, in De Konstruct and the vertical section of Metropia Black, due to the odd orientation of the track, it's essentially against the ground behind your ship so you're flying blind.

Was experimenting with the nearer configuration during some online races and was surprised at the difference - it gives you a higher vantage point during these sections so you can at least see ahead of you (sick of missing those speed pads). ;)

Thought this might be useful for some of you guys.

Lusshan
27th December 2007, 09:59 PM
Yeah, it seems like the camera is drawn to the magstrips as well. I used to have the camera on the far setting in Pure, but now I must use close to see ahead (and to admire my ship skins :P).

Frances_Penfold
28th December 2007, 12:27 AM
I puzzled over this as well, when I first booted Wipeout Pulse-- why's the camera dropping so low, it didn't do that in Wipeout Pure!

Now I'm under the belief that the game does this 100% on purpose so that you can see ahead of your ship when it's on steeply sloping loop-du-loop mag strip. If the camera position stayed high and far-back, you wouldn't be able to see very far in front of the ship-- by going low and far-back, you can see ahead of the ship even when the track is highly curving. The downside, as you say, is that there is the big blindspot caused by the presence of your ship :)

I'm still not sure what position I in general like best for Wipeout Pulse... I'll try the medium position some more!

Rapier Racer
28th December 2007, 06:26 PM
I always like the far camera position, noticed this right away when I first raced this track, it's always a pain in the arse, but then so is De Konstruct way to many mag strips.

Alex_Se
28th December 2007, 07:03 PM
Yep i noticed this too. I like to use the far camera aswell, specially on pure. In pulse i use the close camera. Its almost the same so i dont mind too much.
I didn't even need to get used to it.