PDA

View Full Version : Exostra Run freeze bug in Japanese version

HISHO[JP]
24th December 2007, 04:39 AM
A lot of Japanese players met this bug on Japanese Pure.

1, Download the packs of Japanese version, included...

Gamma pack 1~3
Delta pack 1, 2
Classic Pack 1~4

2, Play Exostra Run at any modes
3, After playing, when returning to the menu, the game completely freezes!
(In tournament mode, it may happen when moving to Exostra Run.)
If game does not freeze, add wire05 and coke packs then try again.

I heard this bug was fixed in EU version...:paperbag

Ricanebleu
24th September 2008, 07:16 PM
I hate to say it but it seems not . I get the same error in the EU version. Anyone knows how to fix this ? :bomb :evil

Tomahawk
24th September 2008, 07:37 PM
Is this bug occuring in single player or multiplayer? If it's in multiplayer only then it's definately a firmware problem. If it's in single player it could be the firmware, but I can't say this for sure.

Ricanebleu
24th September 2008, 09:48 PM
It appears almost all the time in single player no matter if I am in vector or phantom , single race, tournament or TT and it has been like this since at least 3 or 4 firmwares . However sometimes it works, very rarely . What is really annoying is that the error appears after the race, before it saves , so you do your best to come up with a good time and what you get is a freezed screen :( just before you can update your profile, and is even worst when you’re in Descension at phantom. In multiplayer player I don’t know , never tried it .

Asayyeah
25th September 2008, 12:54 PM
I think it's a matter of how the packs are stored into your MS :try to cut & paste all your DL packs from your memory stick to your PC then copy and paste packs 1 after each others following the order of appeareance when they ve been released online.

That happended to me and several pilots in the past.

Tom is right when he talks about FW to update if this freeze happend online ( ad hoc more exactly)the bad FWs are those between 3.02 and 3.40 ( if i remind well) ( i had 3.01 working but not the 1 or 2 next FW after this one)

Ricanebleu
26th September 2008, 11:42 PM
Oh hell!!! :evil I tried putting the packs in order according to the release dates in Hellfire’s walkthrough and… no, it is no good. As for the FW I have 4.01. What is even more frustrating is that I tried the US version and it works all the time. My EU version does not. Bloody hell why isn’t it working? I mean I would understand if it wouldn’t run at all but it does from time to time. In SR I don’t mind that much I can do it again and again, but in Descension Tournament, Exostra comes just before the last race, can you imagine 11 races wasted just because it wouldn’t save and move to the last track :brickwall . So if anyone had this problem and has solved it , or perhaps someone in the SL stuff (like anyone would listen to me now when HD has arrived :rolleyes: ) please …..

PS: anyway, thanks Asayyeah. It just wasn’t meant to be that simple.

Task
27th September 2008, 02:13 AM
By what you're describing, I'd say it's a data read error. The typical solution for which would be "remove and thoroughly clean game CD". Of course, we're talking about a track that's part of a download pack. So perhaps the problem piece of hardware is the memory stick?

Slot in a different memory stick, copy all your WO Pure data onto it, do the race.

It's just a guess, but if you get the same problem then at least we've ruled out the memory stick being the hardware problem. 8 )

Ricanebleu
27th September 2008, 03:42 PM
I tried it. Different Memory Card, and so I make sure it is not the pack that is broken, I tried a different download of it. The problem remains and even more, now it has stopped in the middle of the game. The only thing I haven’t tried is a different PSP :( .

EDIT: I just realized that the bug appears only in Flash,Rapier and Phantom. I raced at Vector and Venom and always has worked, moved to flash and …GAME OVER :brickwall
Edit2: Nope,it just freezed in tournament mode at venom. :bomb