PDA

View Full Version : Download Packs

Pages : 1 2 [3]

packetmon
20th June 2008, 03:31 PM
if we just send SCEA LOADS of e-mails asking for the pulse DLC to be relased in america, maybe somthing will happen.

good idea.

i've sent my 2 cents and received what seemed to be an automated reply.
then i sent another message and its going to upper management.

so please, all the fellow wipers around the world, we would appreciate your support.

GO!

http://www.us.playstation.com/Corporate/ConsumerServices

Asayyeah
20th June 2008, 11:58 PM
Which category & topic to select ?
( if people wants to say a word that must be targeted on a specific section)

packetmon
21st June 2008, 01:08 AM
Which category & topic to select ?
( if people wants to say a word that must be targeted on a specific section)

your right.
step one: lock the target.

"Playstation Portable" and "General Questions" is what i picked.

any other suggestions?
direct contacts?
thanks again.

Asayyeah
21st June 2008, 01:53 PM
email sent

Avenger2197
21st June 2008, 05:40 PM
Same here. Now, we wait...:|

Kansas
24th June 2008, 07:20 PM
still waiting...

Asayyeah
26th June 2008, 08:06 PM
i got 2 answers : the automated one
and this from Dana ( robot writer working at Sony :lol )

Hello Senand,

Thank you for writing us.

The PLAYSTATION(R)Store page is updated regularly with new releases. Please visit the link below
for the latest games and downloadable content available. We do not have any additional information
about future content other than what is listed on our website.

http://www.us.playstation.com/PS3/Store (http://www.us.playstation.com/PS3/Store)

In addition, if you would like to review other third-party gaming sites* for upcoming games in
general, we have provided some links below.

http://ps3.ign.com/ (http://ps3.ign.com/)
http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/index.html (http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/index.html)
http://www.ebgames.com/ (http://www.ebgames.com/)
http://www.primagames.com/ (http://www.primagames.com/)

*While we have taken great pains to select some of the best media sources in the industry, and are
happy to provide this service to you, SCEA takes no responsibility for the accuracy of the content.

If you have further questions regarding this message and are replying back via email, please refer
to your email case number:5946800.

Dana
Multimedia Representative
Sony Computer Entertainment America
Consumer Services Department

Medusa
26th June 2008, 10:23 PM
Yeah well, that's pathetic. But at least you got an answer. That is better than nothing, I suppose, even though the answer itself is nothing.

As for me, I've sold my PSP and will now never play the DLC. Whatever delights might have come of that, I shall never know. Whatever money Sony could have made off of me, they shall never know. :bat Off I go, into the marketing-hate black night. *flap flap swoosh*

Frances_Penfold
27th June 2008, 05:37 PM
:(

No more Wipeout Pure, Medusa? That's sad :(

JABBERJAW
27th June 2008, 07:30 PM
what a crock of $$@#$#@. Seriously, release the packs. They have already probably lost the mainstream audience trying out pulse for the first time. All those people are already on to their next game. give us some sort of reason for this delay, anything at this point other than that pos response. Completely ridiculous for not releasing it, then not having any explanation as to why, and also not being able to use an american credit card to download the packs from the uk store. Hell, charge a little extra if there are fees.

Darkdrium777
27th June 2008, 08:42 PM
Al, check your PMs!

And yeah this sucks, but I've said this many times already so I guess I'm turning senile or something :lol

Lance
27th June 2008, 11:01 PM
Or obsessed. :D

DjManiac21
28th June 2008, 02:26 PM
I have less reasons to stick with Sony as time goes by, I barely got my PS3, mainly on a whim, being decided to play exclusives such as MGS4 and RE5, and of course, FFXIII.
But then I realize that Microsoft is offering a much more more polished service.
I still don't get why the hell they are being so stupid in discriminating content available in different regions, it doesn't make sense at all anymore.
I'll get the most out of my PS3 for sure, but if things keep going this stupid high-management-with-no-fuc***g-clue-about-gaming way, I'm more than sure that Sony will lose much more than just a few fans...

Too bad you guys couldn't get the packs yet, do you want me at least to put a couple of videos showing the tracks? Any special game mode?

RJ O'Connell
28th June 2008, 02:46 PM
DjM21: It's my firm belief that region locking in all forms is one of the worst things about video games in general. And I've yet to hear a logical reason why we need it.

Yeah, put up videos of, oh, I don't know - 4 DLC ships running on the four tracks in Time Trial?

omega329
28th June 2008, 07:49 PM
Any chance of seeing the concept craft for the DLC ships?

RJ O'Connell
2nd July 2008, 01:43 AM
Could this be the Thursday that it happens?

v Jubilation or continued frustration goes here

Darkdrium777
2nd July 2008, 02:32 AM
I strongly doubt it. A pleasant surprise is always nice but I recommend not to get your hopes up.

RJ O'Connell
2nd July 2008, 03:13 AM
Perhaps the return of Wipeout-Game.com and the online play servers is a sign.

Ah, I can live without DLC for a while, provided Zoners don't intentionally run all-DLC Track Tournaments online. ;)

Albino Ace
2nd July 2008, 02:20 PM
I remember being online once, but then someone decided to set the single race at Vostok Reef, and I got auto-booted. :( (they ended up changing it to a regular unlockable track and I got back in...but still. :P )

Maniac: Some TT vids on the DLC tracks would be great to see. I'd definitely watch that! :D

RJ O'Connell
3rd July 2008, 02:25 AM
I got my hopes up when wipeout-game's headline read "Wipeout Pulse Download Packs Race Into Stores" on "7/2/08". Then I remembered the month and day are inputted backwards. T_T

rdmx
3rd July 2008, 12:39 PM
Your dates are backwards :P

RJ O'Connell
3rd July 2008, 04:57 PM
Psh. dd/mm/yy formatted dating - how silly.

Next thing you know, time will be measured in 24 hours instead of 12 hours split into AM and PM!

Lance
4th July 2008, 01:18 AM
I use year [4 digits] month day hour [when needed, in 24 hour format].
I also like RPN calculators. :)

RJ O'Connell
4th July 2008, 04:57 AM
Nothing this week. Damn.

omega329
11th August 2008, 05:03 PM
Any NTSC download packs yet?

Rubix42
11th August 2008, 05:27 PM
Not that I've seen. I always scan the store every thursday. I stopped posting about it though because I can only say "not this week" so many times before it gets disheartening.

Ah well, I'm still trying to get all golds on the Pure packs (just got a PSP a few months ago) so hopefully they will come out, or HD will come out right as I finish that.

Xavier
22nd August 2008, 06:44 PM
This is really disappointing. I forced myself to wait a whole month before checking into the availability of the packs, and still no joy.

What's the worst is that even if you have the UK version of the game, you have to actually *live* in the UK (as in, have a street address and credit card billing address there) to get the packs. There's no excuse for this -- this is downloadable content from the accessible-anywhere-in-the-world Internet. Just bill people in GBP no matter where they are!

Darkdrium777
22nd August 2008, 06:59 PM
I think they won't ever come.

phl0w
25th August 2008, 12:30 PM
I never understood why one would format dates with the month being in front like mm/dd/yy, let alone Lance's way (yyyy/mm/dd/hh:mm something like that?). I always thought a date is there to remember something important. Now, while I have no difficulties knowing what month I'm in, or current year, for that matter, I often have to look at my cell or a calendar to know the exact day. During holidays, as many might have experienced, it can even get difficult to keep track of the days of the week. That's why in Europe dates are formated the way they are (i.e. doftw,dd.mm.yy). From most important to least (as in ease of keeping track of). However, I do understand the necessity of turning that format around when speaking of dates in the distance future (>1y) when smaller units only start to get important with the date approaching faster. Aaanyway...
Still don't have them packs :+

Xavier
25th August 2008, 04:47 PM
Phl0w (off topic here), in Asia they usually use year-month-day, followed by the day of the week -- most general to most specific is the rule. Same for postal addresses where the name of the largest unit (prefecture, province, etc.) comes first, then the city, ten the district or street, then the building. In personal names the surname is first and the person's individual name comes second. Even in language, in Japanese at least, there's no way to say "X of Y"; you have to say "X's Y". It's very consistent, though I am often frustrated by there being no way to put the smaller item first.

Now back to business -- how are we going to get these packs? Why would they refuse sales to people whose credit cards were issued outside the EU? Surely there's no reason to turn down good money -- is it some kind of government or tax problem?

And if they do never release them, how can someone from outside the EU get them? It's not like you can have a friend who lives there pick them up for you and bring it back for you, like you can with the games. Is there any way to get an EU-based credit card without living there? What if you opened a bank account in Europe?

RJ O'Connell
25th August 2008, 05:23 PM
The problem is how the PlayStation Store operates. Because there's one for every concievable region.

"Lack of interest" is more or less a bullshit response as to why we haven't seen it. I cite the fact that I have Sensible World Of Soccer, which isn't a very popular game in this region, sitting on my Xbox 360 Hard Drive and ready to play whenever I choose. Sadly, SCEA thinks that's a good enough answer for them.

DRM protection means the torrentz userz can't just get it and put it on a memory stick. That's the upside to having it. The downside? That, plus the PS Store's structure means I can't purchase it legitimately even if I wanted to.

The answer isn't a governmental or world economical issue - that's way out of the scope of a PSP game.

By the way, there are so-called legitimate ways to get the DLC. I don't think I'm allowed to disclose how unless it's by Private Messaging.

Hybrid Divide
27th August 2008, 02:55 AM
So, Sony.

What's the verdict? You promise us downloadable content, release it to the rest of the world, and deny us because there isn't enough interest?

I'm itching to get my hands on this content.

How much would it actually cost you to just make it available here?

You're bound to make at least SOMETHING from the NTSC pilots out there...

This really isn't fair.

RJ O'Connell
27th August 2008, 03:07 AM
I've shifted focus to HD already, but for those that only have Pulse right now, it is a real pain in the ass.

The fact they're not even 100% functional sucks even more - no extra skins for Mirage, no extra ships can be used online - this was handled very poorly all around.

Frances_Penfold
27th August 2008, 04:32 AM
^^
True enough... but I don't fault Sony for leaving some loose ends (like skins or incomplete online compatibility for DL ships) on a doomed product like Pulse.

I am horrified that the DLC-- flawed though it is-- never saw release in North America when it was so clearly promised with the original game. How ****ing hard is it to put the already finished DLC on the North American version of the Playstation store? :(

I agree with some of the others posting here-- the DLC is simply not coming to North America.

Rubix42
27th August 2008, 08:41 PM
I think if I don't see this posted on tomorrow's update, I may have to look for alternate methods. I really just want some extra ships and tracks, and have good money ready to pay for them.

Darkdrium777
27th August 2008, 09:21 PM
It most certainly will not be in tomorrow's update, or any update coming after. I think it's obvious that these download packs will never get outside of Europe.

RJ O'Connell
27th August 2008, 10:17 PM
Or Australia Land.

GalacticSpartan
27th August 2008, 10:30 PM
Wait, there`s no downloadable packs for the PSP for America? That sucks D: It should be for the world, not for selective continents ><.

ZenDJiNN
29th September 2008, 08:06 AM
I've only just downloaded the packs (I'm not in Nth America) and although i think they're pretty good, the amount of "Hoop Jumping" needed to get them is quite incredible!!

I went to the Pulse site and clicked on the download button for the first pack, and it couldn't find the page. So i had to go through the PSN store to find the files manually, then fund the wallet, then i had to install the PSN Network proggie, which promptly told me that i needed an upgrade for it all to work, which i did, then tried again and it worked..... but WOW!! What a load of time wasted for something that should be so simple!

I personally find the lack of online usability somewhat annoying, and also the pricing of each pack somewhat strange as they ranged from £1.99 to £3.49. Apart from that, they're OK i guess. Still think that the packs for Pure were better overall though. Icaras looks HEAPS better on Pure than in Pulse.

Flashback Jack
29th September 2008, 08:17 AM
..the amount of "Hoop Jumping" needed to get them is quite incredible!!

I feel your pain and then some. The difference is, as a neglected North American, nobody at Sony wanted me jumping through any of their hoops -- I ended up having to beg for the packs from another Zone member's PSN account and only received them a few days ago.

- F

ZenDJiNN
29th September 2008, 11:26 AM
Thanks Flashback Jack.

Wow, that really sucks!! I don't understand why Sony have to make things "Regional" in the way they do. How hard can it be to make it available to everyone, regardless of where a person is Geographically located??

I'm glad to hear that you finally managed to get the content though.... hope you're enjoying it? I know i am. :)

Flashback Jack
29th September 2008, 01:55 PM
I needed the packs mainly for Icaras, because truth be told, at the extreme upper end of its performance compared to other ships it simply outclasses everything on tracks that favour it most (Talon's Junction, Moa Therma). The balance is there in Pulse for the most part, but the differences (slight) between the ships start appearing at the ninety-ninth percentile in terms of performance, particularly on the straighter tracks, which is perhaps the best test of overall balance.

Egg did a fantastic job balancing the ships for most folks, but us being denizens of the Wipeout matrix, able to see in code when we run our laps, we may have just realized our first but virtually negligible anomaly.

The extra tracks are nice. Orcus White is barrel roll paradise and Gemini Dam is a technician's dream. The Icaras feels just like the featherweight Ag-sys and the Auricom is stable as hell.

- F

infoxicated
29th September 2008, 04:33 PM
Egg just designed the ships, Colin did the balancing of the teams.

Rubix42
29th September 2008, 07:39 PM
One of these days I'll have to ask someone to help me out with this as I'm in the US.

For some reason, I still hold out hope that I can just see them magically appear some Thursday at random. Come on Sony, please let me give you more money!

phl0w
30th September 2008, 08:04 AM
Since everybody buys the right to download the content 5 times it should be possible to get ahold of it somehow, right? Couldn't you just use an European account from someone who bought the packs? I'm sure it works. Someone here talked about getting the packs from another account. I'd also gladly share my right to download the DLC if there's a way to do so.

Darkdrium777
30th September 2008, 10:59 AM
There is a way to do so, but it violates the TOS of the PSN (giving out your login info). But it's not illegal (There's no laws against sharing an e-mail and password AFAIK).

Axel
1st October 2008, 12:02 PM
I would like to see these tracks in motion. Are there any vids on youtube?

Flashback Jack
1st October 2008, 04:19 PM
Mad Ice recently posted an Orcus White run on Youtube demonstrating roughly fifteen thousand barrel rolls over five laps. Check his post history for the link.

- F

DawnFireDragoon
1st October 2008, 05:03 PM
it's a real shame about these packs not been made available (as promised) especially as Vostok Reef imo is one of the best tracks from pulse...very fun to race. (if we must have pulse dlc in HD, i thin k vostok reef should be included, 1. because it's ace, 2. half the world hasn't had the chance to play it!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipQDyy9w9wM

ZenDJiNN
1st October 2008, 05:29 PM
Agreed!! I've only had the packs a few days, and Vostok Reef is AWESOME!! :)

phl0w
1st October 2008, 07:20 PM
I second that Vostok Reef is amazing. Edgewinter too. Both have a very natural flowing and Edgewinter reminds me of good old Wipeout-times. Gemini on the other hand is a bit weird, tries to combine too many track elements and it really doesn't flow well. Also there are two turns that I have problems with telling their depths and in the process I misjudge distance every single time.
Orcus has a great bronze/brown style and atmosphere to it. Shame that the sheer number of possible BR completely ruin the track though. :-

lunar
1st October 2008, 08:22 PM
Agree with that, Edgewinter White has been a real grower for me and I would like to see it again in HD.

Frances_Penfold
5th October 2008, 04:42 AM
Well, for what it's worth, direct download of games and DLC to the PSP is incoming "very soon" (upgraded from Sony's usual promise of "soon," a promise we have been hearing for YEARS now :lol)

You can see a first screen of the service here:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=337642

So I am wondering if there is any chance that this will make it easier for North Americans to purchase the Pulse DLC from the European Sony store. PSPs aren't region locked, perhaps one can more easily visit/purchase items from a foreign store?

Kevlar
5th October 2008, 09:18 AM
Hey, I know im probably late on it, but has anyone tried those new custom themes?Also, all the previous DLC is still available right? want to get back onto the online racing circuit :)

ZenDJiNN
6th October 2008, 07:48 AM
I only just got around to getting the DLC for Pulse (I take it that's what you meant, or were you referring to Pure?) and it works fine. Can't use the skins online though, or even for Ad-Hoc play, which is a real bummer!! Apart from that it's great. Vostok Reef is fantastic!! :)

Is it just me, or has anyone noticed that with the DLC, the speeds just seem "Faster"?? I don't know if it's because i'm not used to the tracks yet, but even at Venom/Flash speeds, it just feels really fast..... MUCH faster than all the other (Standard) tracks etc. I don't remember Moa Therma or Talons Junction seeming that fast when i first played them. Also it takes an AGE to load up for a race.

Rubix42
6th October 2008, 01:10 PM
I just recently got the packs as well (thank WZ member!)

It does take forever to load new races up. A really long time as a matter of fact, glad to know it's not just me. As far as the speed goes, I think it is just a matter of not knowing the tracks. Especially because you are racing them on Phantom very quickly in comparison to the rest of the game.

ZenDJiNN
6th October 2008, 05:12 PM
Hey, glad to hear that you got the packs. :)

You're probably right with the whole speed thing, because as i'm getting to know certain tracks, they don't seem anywhere near as fast as i first thought. I'm still crashing a lot though. LOL!!

Rubix42
6th October 2008, 05:35 PM
Gemini Dam is giving me fits. I love all the tracks though. Man, we need more tracks like these in the next Wipeout game, whatever it is.

ZenDJiNN
6th October 2008, 05:48 PM
LOL!! Gemini Dam is fun, as is Vostok Reef, but "Orcus" (Black or White).... it's all i can do to see where i'm going because the track is just so dark. I don't like dark tracks! :)

Yep, agreed, more tracks like these would be great!! Let's hope that there's some really good DLC coming for the PS3 eh? :D

Kansas
7th October 2008, 06:21 PM
I don't want to read through pages and pages.

Did we finally get the packs in the USA?

Lance
7th October 2008, 06:28 PM
`````no.

Kansas
7th October 2008, 06:28 PM
my God...that is horrible. :(

Dusk118
13th October 2008, 11:46 PM
When do the WP DLC packs come to the US? Does anybody know about this?

Kscorps
14th October 2008, 12:31 AM
Yeah, where did you guys get the packs?

Darkdrium777
14th October 2008, 01:25 AM
From some people of Europe, by logging on to their account and downloading it to the PSP.

Dusk118
16th October 2008, 12:35 AM
Cheater! I have 3 skins I made for Icaras, and I can't use them yet because I can't get those packs! Is anyone willing to share theirs?

_glitch_
21st October 2008, 03:12 PM
Could someone in the US get an European version of the game and buy the download packs from Sony?

Also, are gamesaves from one region compatible with a copy of the game from another region?

_glitch_

lunar
21st October 2008, 04:18 PM
Euro gamesaves work with the US version, and I presume the other way round too. Also, the DL packs work with US version. Many of us got the US version when it was released, as it contained a few bugfixes, and just played as normal with our old gamesaves which we started on Euro. So if you can get the packs they`ll just work with no problems.

a friend in speed
26th October 2008, 03:41 PM
dead wrong!

lunar
26th October 2008, 04:57 PM
Well if you`re referring to my post, I have played the DL packs with the US version, with a gamesave that started on the euro version. So that suggests to me my post is correct, but if you have any evidence that suggests the opposite why not post it?

Darkdrium777
26th October 2008, 06:42 PM
I too play with a ''euro'' save on a ''us'' disc. Don't ask how I have come to this, only know that it works.

stin
26th October 2008, 07:45 PM
I also have euro pack with us version disc!

My game is running fine.

stevie:)

Asayyeah
28th October 2008, 10:28 AM
a friend in speed / speedy to answer by a dead wrong post :g

q_dmc12
28th October 2008, 04:32 PM
:eek..... gah! Stop making my head hurt!!:mad:

Harvai
1st November 2008, 11:58 AM
Or Australia Land.

Just backtracked through these pages...wait WHAT!
I thought because we were similar to the Europeans that we'd get them as well!

ZenDJiNN
3rd November 2008, 02:14 PM
On the subject of DLC etc, i've recently upgraded several PSP's in this household, with larger memory cards (8gb, 4gb etc). All seems to be OK, apart from the DLC that was on each machine (For Pulse) now doesn't seem to work any more!!!???

The games run fine, but it refuses to see the DLC and just comes up with errors that it cannot load the packs.

Anyone else have/had this problem at all? I've tried changing the "Read Only" status on both License files & the DLC itself, but nothing seems to work.

Any help or pointers would be much appreciated.

AnErare
3rd November 2008, 03:02 PM
Well yes,

this nuisance can only be wiped out by downloading all of them again by each system I'm afraid... Have had the same problem before and hope this solution goes for you as wel..

ZenDJiNN
3rd November 2008, 03:46 PM
Hi AnErare, and thanks for the info. Bit of a pain having to go through the whole DL process again, and i can't really see why one should have to, as the License files (or so i thought) were supposed to be "Machine Specific"??

Annoying, but i shall give it a try later on tonight. :+

Darkdrium777
3rd November 2008, 10:35 PM
The definition of the ''machine'' by the software may include the Memory Stick, so changing MS will of course affect the whole thing. DRM FTW (Not).

ZenDJiNN
4th November 2008, 11:10 AM
That could well be the case, although i think it's pretty deplorable if so. I'm so hacked off with the whole PSN thing. I've just tried logging in to my account (The third that i've created in almost as many months) and i can't get access to it at all, even though this is the same account that i used only a month ago to download the packs!!

For some reason it seems that everytime i create an account, then don't use it for a number of weeks, it won't allow me access any more, and the easiest way to get around that has been to create another account, which is a PITA!! I'm very disillusioned with the whole SONY experience, and feel very close to just jacking it all and getting an XBOX360 instead. Problem is that Wipeout's not available on the XBOX..... Bah!! :D

Anyway, i shall keep on trying, but i don't hold out much hope of ever getting it resolved, and the chances of getting a reasonable response from Sony is (i would imagine) almost NIL!!

Darkdrium777
4th November 2008, 05:41 PM
What is your problem exactly? ''Session expired'', like everybody else? Creating another account will not help, instead you must clear the cookies on your computer and try again.

ZenDJiNN
4th November 2008, 06:36 PM
No, nothing to do with the "Session", but more to do with the PSN not allowing my email/password combo. This has happened 3 times now, and it's getting to be VERY annoying. (Well, OK, mildly annoying, but i gotta have a rant sometime!!) :)

I've asked for another password, but just like the two other times they NEVER arrive, so the only choice that i have is to start a new account, which also stuffs up the PSP because i have to reset everything to be able to play online.

PSN is a great idea, but in reality there seem to be many flaws in the system, and to make it worse, SONY are not very good when it comes to sorting these kinds of problems. :(

KamatsuKyoto
8th November 2008, 11:53 PM
I was thinkin'... If i buy and download a English, Euro or Australian pack, i can play the pack in my USA game? Someone hv tried it?

Thx. ^^

Darkdrium777
9th November 2008, 09:53 PM
It should work. As it has been discussed before, the game is a 'world-wide' version. Otherwise the online play wouldn't be compatible. :)

DawnFireDragoon
10th November 2008, 11:38 AM
having recently got hold of another psp i decided to give pulse another go.
i made a video of the packs for people who haven't seen them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocKeKzX6hK4

but beware: i have a terrible camera and had to set it up on my desk while holding the psp down on said desk in front of the camera...thus not only bad quality but bad flying too. only watch if you really need to see the packs (and by see i mean in a blurry way!!!)

i did throw in some classic music, some f-zero tunes (someone mentioned flying to these elsewhere in the forum) and some cold storage HD.

i fly the new ships and then my fav feisar, in classic skin, then 3 skins i got from wipeout skins:

http://grekir.freehostia.com/wipeoutskins/index.html

two remake skins from wipeout 1, which are awesome. and 1 custom one, which just looks ace.

enjoy...or have a go at me about the quality, whichever you prefer. :)

Darkdrium777
11th November 2008, 11:55 PM
Please take in-game screenshots of all ships with all skins. (Except eliminator obviously). It would be much appreciated. :)

DawnFireDragoon
12th November 2008, 12:30 AM
it might take me personally a while to unlock them all (so many loyalty points needed and so many other games out at the moment to play!!!)

but i can honestly say that i could try and do that eventually! :)
(if i have access to a better camera by then i will also try and make a better vid!)

they're must be someone who has the dlc and all the skins unlocked???

darkfaerytales
12th November 2008, 07:28 PM
friend, when you will unlock all the download packs concept ships if you can post some shots, you would do me a great favour

i've started a thread about 'cause i want to see a couple of the dlc concepts

DawnFireDragoon
13th November 2008, 10:03 AM
i put up another video of the zone stuff from the packs.

again, not great quality, but for the people who haven't seen this stuff, it's there... :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IRNGSJyCzc

solidsnake
17th November 2008, 03:41 PM
Hey, Emerald_Dragoon. i have the same custom soundtrack as you in that DLC video on youtube. i have the whole Wip3out soundtrack on it. Do you have all of it or just that one song? Btw very good videos :D

DawnFireDragoon
17th November 2008, 05:42 PM
Hey.

yeah, i have all the soundtracks from all the games except wipeout 64.

Plus Cold Storage HD, which i use in Pulse!!! (and recommend to anyone who plays wipeout)

i'll be posting a third video in a few days, i have almost reached 100,000 loyalty points with feisar, thus unlocking all skins for all ships including the dlc ones, so i'm gonna post that for people to get a look at too...

solidsnake
17th November 2008, 06:34 PM
Cool. looking forward to your next video :D

darkfaerytales
17th November 2008, 08:03 PM
friend! remenber to post some good shots of the concept ships of the DLC teams for me!:beer

here or on my thread http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5450 or wherever you want

oh and videos too if you want, they will be well appreciated!:hyper

aah and feisar rocks!

DawnFireDragoon
17th November 2008, 11:33 PM
Sure.

Should have some pics and a vid in a few days. playing whenever i'm not at work, out or sleeping, so should be soon. (i'm also playing for all golds while i'm trying to unlock the skins, it's going really well!!!)

Yeah feisar rocks!!! :) it has always been my favourite ship throughout every wipeout, maybe besides fusion when you upgraded it and huge chunks of random crap appeared on the hull...less said about that 'upgrading' system the better!

darkfaerytales
18th November 2008, 08:52 AM
yes feisar is our beloved little yellow&blue friend who had accompany us through every wipeout , and shall never exist a wipeout without our little friendly

DawnFireDragoon
22nd November 2008, 11:48 PM
hey guys.

ok, video 3 is up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70rj4EaWicw

again, poor quality, but just a quick look at all the ships and their skins, there are some better in-game screens at the end of the DLC ships.

So if you haven't seen them, there you go! :)

Dusk118
1st December 2008, 12:29 AM
SO COOL!! Gimme, Gimme, GIMME! I want these packs so badly!

HISHO[JP]
5th December 2008, 11:33 AM
ok, video 3 is up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70rj4EaWicw

FX350(HD) Icaras = FX400(Pulse) concept ship Icaras?
Shapes are very similer...

RJ O'Connell
6th December 2008, 04:20 AM
Yes. They are the same.

Personally they should have made the Concept shape the default one. Icaras reminds me of a fatter-looking Piranha when I see it in Pulse.

OBH
8th December 2008, 02:19 PM
i just downloaded harimau.

watch this space :)

HISHO[JP]
25th December 2008, 07:11 AM
I think the strategy of DLC in Pulse failed.
About one year from the release date of Pulse in EU has passed.

---a small off topic---
In the world of PC software, this thing often happens...
released as shareware
|
few years later
|
become freeware
There are a lot of examples...
Opera web browser (to remove ad)
AceSpeeder! (game)
...and more
---off topic ends---

Now, it faces the turning point
whether to open to the public free of charge in PS store all over the world
or
to maintain the current state that might touch only little users.

Darkdrium777
25th December 2008, 10:28 PM
The only game I know that followed your strategy Hisho is Resistance Fall of Man on PS3. There were additional maps for multiplayer available for download a few months after the PS3's launch, for a fee. Now they are free to download, which I have done. However I doubt I'll be playing them.
I agree with you that the Pulse packs should be available worldwide for free, as I doubt that keeping them locked for only a dozen person on this forum to buy will bring a lot of revenue.

Sadly, look at how much pages there are in this thread, and AFAIK we've been complaining since the beginning that they were available only for Europe. It didn't work, obviously... :(
I'd download them in a heartbeat if they were available to me, and the price reasonable. But they're not.:?

RJ O'Connell
27th December 2008, 10:34 PM
I gave up months ago. Icaras feels great in HD though, I can at least feel good about that.

master bruce
3rd January 2009, 09:20 PM
the only hope I see now for DLC deprived regions of ever seeing the download packs is if Wipeout Pulse gets a spot on the Playstation Store...that would be the only reason Studio Liverpool would work to make the DLC available to all regions...frankly I'm wondering how expensive or tedious of a process it is to do such (Colin Berry, can't you do something about it?)

otherwise I'm sure they're just moving on.

Darkdrium777
4th January 2009, 09:00 AM
I think they already have. No news about or concerning HD from them since the release either... :(

swift killer
12th January 2009, 12:31 PM
i think its riduculous that they decided to charge for this. whats next? starting off with four tracks and four ships and then having to pay seperately for the rest? this is the downside of the growth the videogames market, companies KNOW they can abuse and extort their fanbase.

Darkdrium777
12th January 2009, 03:16 PM
Too true. :(

Frances_Penfold
21st January 2009, 05:50 AM
Questions for PS3 owners in Europe-- can you now purchase the DLC for Wipeout Pulse on the PS3 version of the PSN store? Or does purchase require use of the PC based store?

Mac user wants to know :)

darkfaerytales
21st January 2009, 12:07 PM
i've just purchased all the packs from psn store with my ps3, then downloaded and put in my psp linking it with my ps3

so yes, you can

borell
21st January 2009, 12:51 PM
Hi Frances,

I'm on a Mac, too... and I have been annoyed at the PC based store since it was only available through Windows.

But, since version 5 of the PSP software, the store is available directly through the PSP and I think the PC based store is gone. I bought the packs through the PSP. :+

Cheers

Questions for PS3 owners in Europe-- can you now purchase the DLC for Wipeout Pulse on the PS3 version of the PSN store? Or does purchase require use of the PC based store?

Mac user wants to know :)

Darkdrium777
21st January 2009, 01:21 PM
Yep, the PC Store is gone. Update your system software to the latest version and you can access the PS Store on the PSP. :)

Frances_Penfold
21st January 2009, 04:20 PM
Thanks guys-- that's great news :)

Barrier no. 1 is now down (= my not having a PC to use for the Sony Store).

Now I just need to convince SCE to let me (North American) buy their DLC product :lol

Curses to SCEA for not making the Pulse DLC available for purchase. I understand that Pulse sold poorly in North America but for ****'s sake, how hard can it be to make finished product available for download via the PSN? Oh well.

Darkdrium777
21st January 2009, 05:32 PM
Not hard at all. Just upload the files to the server (EDIT: Sony's server of course). Proof that they don't need localization is that they already work on NA PSPs with NA Pulse.

swift killer
21st January 2009, 05:52 PM
I do believe this convo isn't allowed, lol

Darkdrium777
21st January 2009, 06:25 PM
Uhh it is allowed. The Pulse packs cannot be pirated (DRM locked). They can only be obtained if you can buy them and/or download them from a European PlayStation Network account. And Sony allows for use of content downloaded from one account on up to five systems. There is no 'secret' discussion to be had concerning this.

Frances_Penfold
21st January 2009, 08:48 PM
Yes, to be clear-- I just want to be able to *buy* the DLC for Wipeout Pulse, and Sony makes that really hard for folks in North America. Despite the fact, as Darkdrium says, that the DLC is fully compatible with the North American version of Wipeout Pulse.

It's a real shame that Pulse didn't sell better, it certainly deserved to.

Chill
22nd January 2009, 06:27 AM
*Yells out the window* Hi, I'm a North American citizen and I want my Wipeout Pulse downloadable packs NOW!!!

Yeah, if I had them, my craft would shift from the now Piranha to my favorite, Icaras!! That and the tracks is all I'd really want... And as for all the copies I've seen of the damn game in all the stores, it's hard to think that the game didn't sell enough, it's the best damn existing game for the PSP!!! Period!! Online capability makes it that way!

Tomahawk
22nd January 2009, 08:21 AM
...And as for all the copies I've seen of the damn game in all the stores, it's hard to think that the game didn't sell enough,...

I'd say that's the problem! If the copies are still lying on the shelfs in the stores that means nobody's bought them until this day... ;)

Chill
23rd January 2009, 02:54 AM
Perhaps the only reason is because of it being so challenging for people to learn how to play... it takes a good half year of playing the game often to get good enough at it to play online... and people get burnt out by then. Well they'll never realize how much worth learning the game is until they do and see how fun it is when you're actually good enough in skill to compete in close races on phantom...

archman
23rd January 2009, 08:41 AM
Perhaps the only reason is because of it being so challenging for people to learn how to play... it takes a good half year of playing the game often to get good enough at it to play online... and people get burnt out by then. Well they'll never realize how much worth learning the game is until they do and see how fun it is when you're actually good enough in skill to compete in close races on phantom...

exactly! ;)

Dusk118
10th February 2009, 01:10 AM
*Yells out the window* Hi, I'm a North American citizen and I want my Wipeout Pulse downloadable packs NOW!!!

Yeah, if I had them, my craft would shift from the now Piranha to my favorite, Icaras!! That and the tracks is all I'd really want... And as for all the copies I've seen of the damn game in all the stores, it's hard to think that the game didn't sell enough, it's the best damn existing game for the PSP!!! Period!! Online capability makes it that way!
lol, YES! Same here. My favorite ship currently is Qirex, but after I get the DLC, it'll become Icaras. I've got 3 different skins for it, one being the color scheme from Pure. But I totally agree with you that this game should've been more popular. The DLC packs most likely would've increased that popularity.

HISHO[JP]
28th February 2009, 08:24 AM
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_type=&search_query=wipeout+pulse+DLC+showcase&aq=f
Someone started uploading the videos about DLC, with good quality.

Darkdrium777
28th February 2009, 09:38 AM
It's triple_lei! I didn't notice it was him until I watched one of his online Pulse vids O.O

HISHO[JP]
16th March 2009, 10:28 AM
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_type=videos&search_query=wipeout+pulse+DLC+showcase&search_sort=video_date_uploaded
Now, all videos about DLC, uploaded by triple lei are available!

DawnFireDragoon
21st March 2009, 03:02 AM
i'm glad someone with a bit more knowledge about making video's than me, got around to this. good quality.

Sch@dows
15th May 2009, 01:57 PM
I can't connect from my PC right now (proxy not handled by the PC PSN application), but did the packs prices after gone down since the release ?

The packs were way too expensive (4 ships and 4 tracks for almost 2/3 of the game price), but I though that they would be cheaper after a year.

Cheaper ? Still not ? if that's not the case, I definitly hate DLC and Downloadble version of games (cannot lend, cannot bring it at a friend to play instantly together, cannot re-sell it as "used" and generally the same price as UMD/BRD version).

I fear the DLC for WipeOut HD.

MrSmadSmartAlex
16th May 2009, 10:51 AM
I wasn't about when they came out, so don't know what they cost then, but right now in the UK, the packs are: Mirage £3.49, Icarus £2.99, Harimau £2.99, Auricom £1.99, so yeah, overpriced IMO. I still bought them though (couldn't resist - it's Wipeout!). The Icarus pack is probably worth getting for TT at least.
The ships aren't usable online, but the tracks are (Orcus White is awesome!).
I agree about download games being not so good - if they were cheaper, then sure, but Wipeout Pure is £14.99 in the PSN Store, and around £10 in the shops for the UMD?!?!

Sch@dows
16th May 2009, 11:53 AM
Pulse just became a platinum game so, 19.9€ NEW, and ~12€ for the 4 tracks/ships u_u

RJ O'Connell
17th May 2009, 06:26 AM
It's triple_lei! I didn't notice it was him until I watched one of his online Pulse vids O.O
I'm amazed he didn't find a way to get them for free and post that publicly. Personally, I don't like the guy but I do like that he posted those videos.

Darkdrium777
24th May 2009, 10:27 PM
It's not possible to hack them or anything like that. They should be though, stupid region locking it's just like the DVD stuff that started the whole piracy thing. Shows how the situation evolved since then (aka not at all) :|

RA1D3R
29th May 2009, 02:21 AM
Is it possible for me to obtain these packs? I live in the U.S. and have a U.S. copy of the game. If I create a EURO PSN can I still download these? And will they work?

I have read that the extra ships aren't available for online use and I understand that, I would love to have the tracks for online though.

Is there any way for me to get these? Thanks in advance for any feed back!

Darkdrium777
29th May 2009, 02:38 AM
If you create a euro PSN and somehow manage to get money on it, you will be able to get the packs and play them with your US disc.
Tracks work online, but since so few have access to downloads and even fewer purchased them, you won't play them often online. :/

RA1D3R
29th May 2009, 03:03 AM
Thank you for you helpful Info!

Argroh Valdios
2nd August 2010, 04:50 PM
Now if there was one who was offering the DLC packs to NA players...

kaori
2nd August 2010, 05:36 PM
Now, if you introduce you in The Pilots Lounge (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)... :D

Pico de Goroh
21st August 2010, 01:36 PM
Hey guys, I'm about to buy a PSP on the cheap, and I'm going to get pulse ASAP.

What I need to know is: I live in the US. Will buying the DLC be any easier if I have the Euro version of the game? Or is it just as hard to get with the US version.?

If it is the latter, I'll just get the US version, as I could get a new copy cheaper.

GDX-WaRHead
21st August 2010, 02:02 PM
I think the euro version is easier to get the DLC.

kaori
21st August 2010, 02:18 PM
DLC must be downloaded on european store. If you have american or european (or japanase) UMD, no problem.

But if you want to download WipEout Pulse on PSStore too, you should take the game and the DLC with the same european account.

Pico de Goroh
21st August 2010, 04:23 PM
DLC must be downloaded on european store. If you have american or european (or japanase) UMD, no problem.

But if you want to download WipEout Pulse on PSStore too, you should take the game and the DLC with the same european account.

Thanks. I'm getting a physical copy, so I'll just go with the US version.

I'm also getting Pure, which, from what I've read, I need to go with the Euro version if I want all the tracks.

kaori
21st August 2010, 05:04 PM
Yes DLC on Pure are specific by zone (EU-US-JP), and the european game have 4 (crazy) tracks more : Omega League

Darkdrium777
21st August 2010, 07:46 PM
It's already been said but I'll post anyways:

WipEout Pulse.

UMD is worldwide. If you get the US UMD, the DLC will work with it.
If you get digital, you should get EU Pulse to be safe, as digital might be region locked.
DLC is region locked to european PlayStation Store, you can only get it from there. Non EU credit cards are not accepted AFAIK. You would have to buy a PSN card from Europe (A 10 Euros or 20 Euros card, whatever the format is there.)

WipEout PurE.

UMD is region locked. There are three regions: NA, EU, JAP.
Digital is most likely region locked too.
DLC is also region locked. The DLC can be obtained for free here (http://www.mediafire.com/?r0cty7z2p65m1). Choose your region. Each region has specific DLC.

Pico de Goroh
22nd August 2010, 04:21 AM
Thanks man. I know this question is likely addressed elsewhere in the thread, but this is a long thread.

So it's final, I'm getting an American PSP, American Pulse, and European Pure. And I'm going to be very happy playing some new wipeout (new to me).

Sch@dows
23rd August 2010, 05:16 PM
Sci-Fi track is just a re-skinned (Sci-Fi ads everywhere) version of anulpha pass if i remember correctly, or of another track.

kaori
23rd August 2010, 07:51 PM
we got one more DLC too: the Sci-Fi Pack. EUR version has 339 obtainable medals.

Yes but Sci-Fi pack is just Khara Descent with new billboard.

And I have 345 medals :g

kaori
24th August 2010, 09:35 PM
345 of course :guitar

stin
24th August 2010, 10:15 PM
How the hell you got another six golds?!!!, not SCI-FI, right?

stevie:paperbag

kaori
25th August 2010, 03:19 PM
No, Stealth track, in Vector, Venom and Flash, single race and time trial :D

But you can't see 345 medals on your save because, if you load it on WipEout Pure, you are limited by 339, and if you load it on Stealth demo, you are limited by 13 medals (single race & tt on vineta K and "stealth" * 3 speedclass + 1 medal with Zone mode)

http://pspmedia.ign.com/psp/image/object/771/771345/UMD_Video__2005_StealthWipeoutEditionboxart_160w.j pg

stin
25th August 2010, 08:28 PM
Aaaah!, I didn`t know that!!! and yes I have that Stealth PSP and DVD!

Merci!, I will play PSP again for this special game!:nod:+

stevie:D

DarkRacer95
6th September 2010, 07:08 PM
I need someone to help me get the DLC for Pulse and i live in the US. Is anyone willing to help me????

WolfKill01
6th September 2010, 08:29 PM
What's so different about the Stelath packs?

Szei
29th October 2010, 08:20 PM
I need someone to help me get the DLC for Pulse and i live in the US. Is anyone willing to help me????

Yes, anyone know a way to buy the Pulse DLC in the US or is it not possible? If it isn't... how can I get it without buying European WipEout and PSP because that would be ridiculous...?

Medusa
29th October 2010, 08:36 PM
You need to:
1: Create a European PSN account and username
2: Import a European PSN Network money card thingy...I don't know what it's called officially. You can buy these on Ebay and they'll email the validation code so you can use your funds immediately.
3: Use said funds to pay for your Downloadable content. You'll only be able to use the DLC on your European account name.

P.S. This works with your North American Pulse version/PSP. The account/username is what matters.

FilmerFlo
3rd November 2010, 03:49 PM
I just decided to buy the Mirage pack since the one I downloaded doesn´t work.The PSP displays it but after launching the game it says that the data can´t be loaded from the memory stick.
But I still have a problem, i can´t find the section where I can download the packs from the (german) playstation store:D Can someone help me?

MrSmadSmartAlex
3rd November 2010, 05:07 PM
I'd imagine the German Playstation Store is the same as the UK one, only in German, so the packs will be on there. Just use the Store's search function to search for "wipeout pulse" and they should come up. ;)

DarkRacer95
31st January 2011, 11:38 PM
If i have an Amercian PSN account associated with pulse, will the European DLC still play? I'm desperate for these packs!!!!!

Medusa
1st February 2011, 01:15 AM
You have to be using your EU account at the time to play the DLC, but yes you can still get it. You just have to go make a EU account to buy/download/use it online. Go for it, it's not so hard. Lots here know how you feel...been there, done that with this DLC fiasco.
Follow the steps outlined 3 posts up, and you're all set.

DarkRacer95
3rd February 2011, 01:00 AM
But, I bought a download for the US version. I don't have the UMD. Will it still work?

Medusa
3rd February 2011, 03:02 AM
I'm not sure. To test it, just create a Euro account. If you can play your downloaded game while logged into your Euro PSN account, you should be able to use the Euro DLC packs with it as well. I don't think any of the NA zoners I know ever used a downloaded Pulse game...

Flint Fandango
27th April 2011, 08:41 AM
Renn and me wanted to download the DLC packs for Pulse, but we still don´t understand how that could be managed...:|
First of all, we went to the official WO-pulse website and followed the link to the PSN store, but we couldn´t find the packs there. We used the search function as well, but there weren´t any packs. :frown:
So we made use of Renn´s PS3 to get into the PS store, and finally found the packs for download. But we´re not sure if we can download the packs onto the PS3 and transfer them to the PSP without problems?!
We don´t dare to waste our money, so I decided to ask you - the members of this highly respected community!

The question is: Can we transfer the DLC packs from the PS3 onto the PSP by using a USB cable? Does it work that way? :|
I´m aware of the fact that the PSN is down atm, but if they launch it again (whenever that will be...), we are eager to get those packs asap!
We would really appreciate any help, thanks in advance!

Sch@dows
27th April 2011, 08:48 AM
Yes you'll be able to transfert the DLCs on your PSP.
Select de DLC, press triangle and select to options to transfert onto your PSP.

You might need to register your PSP on your PS3 (check ps3 options).

SamuBrewl
27th April 2011, 10:00 AM
The DLC in PULSE is very expensive game cost 9.99 € the packs should be lowered.

Flint Fandango
27th April 2011, 04:35 PM
@Sh@adows:
Thank you very much! :D I´m relieved that the transfer can be realised without a great effort! I hope they´ll (re-)launch the PSN soon.

@SamuBrewl: It´s way too expensive, I know...:-
But they won´t lower the price for the downloads, I think.
Hey, they should give us the Pulse DLC´s for free, the game isn´t that popular anymore and the NGP is about to come, so why not?!
Just fantasizing again...:P The problem is: I need those packs, because I want to pilot the Mirage (nice ship, so far) and all the alternative tracks I´ve already played in Pulse for the PS2! I have no choice but to pay the exploitative company, which couldn´t even provide their users security...that´s how it is. :|

DarkRacer95
17th May 2011, 01:20 PM
They say that they will have a Welcome Back program which will enable a month of free games and a free month of PlayStation(R) Plus. WipEout Pulse and the DLC may be included in the free games list. Lets all hope it is.

Sch@dows
17th May 2011, 01:46 PM
For Europe, WipEout HD/Fury is included in the free PS3 games of the welcome back program, but not the Pulse packs in the PSP games.

I don't expect PSP content from PSN+ to be free since free PSN+ content is only valid during subscription (you can't use it anymore when not subscribed).

DarkRacer95
17th May 2011, 01:54 PM
It's not just PSN+, its some games and free month subscription to PSN+, so PSP games may be included.

Sch@dows
17th May 2011, 02:04 PM
That's what I said.
For Europe, 2 free PS3 games in the following list :
* LittleBigPlanet
* Infamous (Hustle Kings in Germany)
* Wipeout HD/Fury
* Ratchet and Clank: Quest for Booty
* Dead Nation (Super Stardust HD in Germany)

2 free PSP games in the following list :
* LittleBigPlanet PSP
* ModNation PSP
* Pursuit Force (Buzz Junior Jungle Party in Germany)
* Killzone Liberation (Everybody’s Golf 2 in Germany)

I didn't expect DLC to be part of the offer without the original game.

EDIT : The same games will be available in the US with a free video week-end :
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/05/16/details-for-playstation-network-and-qriocity-customer-appreciation-program-in-north-america/

DarkRacer95
18th May 2011, 02:07 PM
Well, it looks like i'm going to have to buy a uk psn card off ebay or amazon.

Sch@dows
7th July 2011, 08:25 AM
Since last week (or maybe 2 weeks), there are a lot of discounted DLC for PS3 and PSP titles on the PSN, but Pulse DLC still not in the list u___u

FirstDave
7th July 2011, 06:15 PM
Hi.Sorry but i,m a bit new to this.Are we talking extra content as i see the full game for sale in the ps store but a search for extra content came up with nothing.Sadly.

Dave.

MrSmadSmartAlex
8th July 2011, 09:36 AM
Yes, there are 4 DLC packs, with extra tracks and ships.
Maybe the PS Store on PS3 is different, but I can see them if I search for "wipeout pulse" when I visit the PS Store from my PSP. Unless you're using a US PSN account or something (the packs weren't released there), you should be able to see them that way. ;)

FirstDave
8th July 2011, 12:12 PM
Yes found them.Going on psn from my pc did not show them and just the game but from the psp and ps3 the packs show up. I,m not sure i will buy them all as it works out quite expensive for everything and though it seems a good game i,m not sure its that good.Maybe ive been spoilt a bit with HD.

Dave.:D

MrSmadSmartAlex
8th July 2011, 03:12 PM
Pulse is a much better game than HD! :D:D:D

Anyway, if you only get one pack, I'd recommend the Harimau Pack, as it has Gemini Dam Black (the best track in any Wipeout game IMO), Orcus White (a nice track with plenty of barrel rolls, and not too challenging), and the Harimau ship, which is quite nice to use.

Dusk118
8th July 2011, 08:04 PM
Umm, us in America can't get the packs. I've been trying to find them, but to no avail. And if I only had to choose one pack, it'd be the Icaras pack.

FirstDave
9th July 2011, 03:25 PM
Right i got the harimau pack and the more i,m playing it the more more i want. So i can see this ending up been a pricey venture as i know i will end up buying them all.I just cant understand why they are all priced so different one pack just over 2 quid and another almost 4 quid and two inbetween ???? MrSmadSmartAlex i see your name right up there on the leaderboard so i value your advice. Is the Icaras craft one of the quick ones in this game.

Dave.:)

MrSmadSmartAlex
9th July 2011, 06:14 PM
Yeah, the DLC packs seem a bit pricey on top of buying the full game. But I've had well over 500 hours out of Pulse and still enjoy it, so I don't feel ripped off.

Icaras is a nice ship to use, but it's not overpowered like the stats suggest. I've always preferred to use EG-X, and it seems to do the job (and I've tried beating some of my EG-X times in Icaras, but usually I don't manage to, as I'm used to EG-X). Most of the ships have been used to set no.1 records at some time, so you can just pick your favourite ship and not really be at a disadvantage. :)

FirstDave
9th July 2011, 06:53 PM
Right thanks.I have used egx and thought it was ok which is one i avoid on HD and tend to go for ag-sys and that too seems ok in pulse but i know i will end up with them all.I was looking at the pulse leader board and on some tracks there is someone with a time of 00.01 has someone hacked it or is it a glitch as that could never be beaten.Not that i would ever get near the top ten anyway but am curious as to how that could happen.

Dave.:D

leungbok
9th July 2011, 08:12 PM
Don't know how those stupids cheats works for that sort of times. But lot of records are cheated on pulse's leaderboards with 30 seconds autopilot, more boost than normal or phantom speed on slower classes. That's why phantom is the less poluted class ! ;)

FirstDave
9th July 2011, 08:21 PM
phantom is the less poluted class ! ;)

Right thats interesting as i didnt know it was possible to cheat on any wipeout.Maybe thats why online is just about dead.

Dave.:)

ScaGae
30th August 2011, 06:14 PM
That could be right

wildmorgan
19th July 2012, 09:49 AM
This might have already been addressed somewhere else in this thread, but unfortunately I don't really have the time to go trawling through 68 pages of posts!

Is there anywhere that I can download the Pulse DLC packs for free? I can see only three on the PSN (I've heard there are four altogether) and I know this might seem like a really tight fisted thing to contemplate, but I just can't justify spending over £10 on DLC packs when I've only spent £5 on the game.

leungbok
19th July 2012, 09:52 AM
Is there anywhere that I can download the Pulse DLC packs for free?

No !! :rolleyes:

wildmorgan
19th July 2012, 10:02 AM
Alright, no need to roll your eyes! You can download Pure's for free so just thought it was worth the ask.

leungbok
19th July 2012, 02:15 PM
But unfortunately pulse's packs aren't free !!
Wozone is a fan's website, and usually fans don't encourage piracy against their favorite franchise ! ;)

wildmorgan
19th July 2012, 03:32 PM
I understand your point, but get of your high eye rolling horse. I'm sure you've downloaded pirate stuff in the past, it's almost impossible not to in this digital age considering the over-priced world we live in.

Hellfire_WZ
19th July 2012, 06:15 PM
Guys, read the guidelines on quoting please

And no, there is nowhere to obtain the packs for free that will be discussed on this forum. Because, as you stated in your first post in this thread, they are all paid DLC on the PSN. Regardless of any confusion with the Pure packs, if Sony are still charging for content then it is against the forum rules to ask where said content can be obtained for nothing. I'm not interested in moral high grounds regarding what anyone has done regarding obtaining illicit software, it is not to be discussed here.

wildmorgan
19th July 2012, 07:59 PM
@Hellfire_WZ Regarding your comment above, I hold your comments in high regard regarding illicit software regardless of what anyone else my regard as a comment regarding pirated material. I understand that by taking the mick out of your overuse of the word "regarding" regarding the comment above and regarding the fact that you regard yourself as an administrator, I may be regarded as banned.

Regards
Wildmorgan

Hellfire_WZ
19th July 2012, 09:21 PM
How mature...

I was fair with you. I could easily have given an infraction to you for your first post, I chose to go with a verbal warning as you are new here. I have been fair with you again and given you an infraction for trolling as I would do if that message was directed at any member of this site.

This matter is over. Either this thread returns to the original topic or it closes.

F.E.I.S.A.R
19th July 2012, 10:42 PM
I wonder why the tracks in the packs are arranged in such a way that,to get all of the tracks,you have to get all of the packs.

chalovak
20th July 2012, 06:35 AM
That's how marketing works... )

wildmorgan
20th July 2012, 09:01 AM
Come on man, it was a joke. I didn't mean any harm with my query. Just got confused over the fact that Pure's DLC was free to download and that seems like piracy to me as Sony haven't officially released it as "free" on PSN. And since a link to it is available on this site... put two and two together.

Anyway, thanks for your leniency. Back to Pulse; I can only see three DLC packs on UK PSN, but I've read that there are 4 altogether. Which is missing? Or is the 4th one exclusive to another region?

Hellfire_WZ
20th July 2012, 09:25 AM
Are you sure? There should be four of them, one for each team. I think the last one was the Icaras pack. I'll have a look myself later, can't access it at the moment.

wildmorgan
20th July 2012, 12:18 PM
Might be to do with the fact I'm on a Vita rather than PSP, but I can definitely only see three :?

chalovak
20th July 2012, 01:31 PM
The fourth DLC (which is a Mirage add-on) - for some reasons - can't be downloaded using Vita (stuff you can't download using Vita won't appear in the Store).
You should do it via PS3, meaning that you should purchase and download this DLC on PS3 and after that transfer it to Vita using cable. Simple if you've got PS3.

wildmorgan
20th July 2012, 03:24 PM
Cheers I'll give that a try

sulfy
22nd July 2012, 04:42 AM
The only ones you can get for free are the pure ones, pulse you have to buy, unless your asking about pirating which I believe isn't condoned here.

Hellfire_WZ
22nd July 2012, 09:41 AM
The matter has been dealt with, leave it now.

You're right, the Mirage pack appears to be missing on the Vita store. I've contacted SL about it, in the meantime it's probably best to take chalovak's suggestion about downloading it via the PS3 and transferring it manually

Aka-sho
22nd July 2012, 03:23 PM
Thanks information! I can play Mirage pack on PS Vita ! 8)

Hellfire_WZ
23rd July 2012, 09:53 AM
Just heard from them. They flagged the issue up with the PS Store a few ago back and are still waiting to hear back.

Saltir3Warri0r
24th July 2012, 07:35 PM
I've completed the Harimau,Auricom,Mirage and Icaras cells of the Campaign on Hard difficulty on Pulse via the download packs :D

TwitchySpitfire
10th September 2012, 02:30 AM
Are the packs no longer on the UK PSN store? If so, I obviously don't know how to navigate the site.

stin
10th September 2012, 07:26 AM
They are still there, l just downloaded it over a week ago. Just go to PSP section, press "W" and scroll down to near the bottom of the pile, then press pulse and lastly you should see the rest of the packs. But!, there is no Mirage pack unless you already downloaded before and you can check your history, if not? then l don`t know.

wildmorgan
7th November 2012, 09:00 PM
Weird! I checked a couple of weeks ago and all four Pulse packs were available for download. Now the Mirage pack has disappeared AGAIN!

Medusa
8th November 2012, 02:19 PM
It was just a mirage after all.

Ace3000
29th November 2012, 09:52 AM
How can I get the packs on the Australian release?

MrSmadSmartAlex
3rd December 2012, 05:16 PM
They should be available on the Australian PSN, which gets more or less the same stuff as Europe.

- - - Updated - - -

They should be available on the Australian PSN, which gets more or less the same stuff as Europe.

Argroh Valdios
6th April 2013, 06:14 AM
so US / CA still screwed out of them?

no offence.

stin
6th April 2013, 06:52 AM
More than likely yes. You always can use Euro version. :)