PDA

View Full Version : Download Packs

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Fascia
14th February 2008, 01:48 PM
Icarus pack on the UK Playstation store at the slightly reduced price of 2.99, get it while it's hot!

http://store.playstation.com/store/product.vm?id=EP9000-UCES00465_00-PWIPEOUTPS000002

MarcoM
14th February 2008, 01:59 PM
The Dutch store has it also for 1 Euro less than the Mirage pack.

Icaras-team,

Two extra circuits: Edgewinter Black (including Zone-variant) en Gemini Dam White.

:lol:P:P

DjManiac21
14th February 2008, 02:05 PM
Finally! (I needed my fix already)
Good stuff! We shall see then if the Icarus is the new Piranha.
Too bad we can't still use the ships online...

"NOTE: The ship in this pack cannot be used for online play via Infrastructure Mode or Ad Hoc Mode."

Though it's good they mention that this time :)

NeXaR_QroN
14th February 2008, 02:05 PM
Well, that price is better, but... isn't the minimum you can spend at once 5€ anyways?

On another note, I guess Icaras is not playable online as well as mirage, right?
Edit: DJManiac beat me to it

MarcoM
14th February 2008, 02:19 PM
... isn't the minimum you can spend at once 5€ anyways?

No you can spent less than 5 Euros. But I believe you must added a minimum of 5 Euros to your wallet.

NeXaR_QroN
14th February 2008, 02:25 PM
OK, thanks for that info.

Anyways, could we get an official statement from someone on the team about wether or not the new ships will be playable online in the future? I don't care if "that future" is 2 weeks or 2 months from now, but I need to know if even the possibility of that happening exists.

Flashback Jack
14th February 2008, 02:26 PM
We shall see then if the Icarus is the new Piranha.

I still say there's nothing special about the Piranha, especially considering the push Feisar has made on a few tracks in the last few days. I see how it's convenient to believe it has something to put it above the rest, chiefly because everyone uses it based on that belief, leading to the perception that it dominates the leaderboards (the more that use it, the more likely it'll flood the boards -- numbers).

Sometime in the near future, I'll be putting my AG-Sys through some paces on some of the straighter tracks (Moa, Talon) to hopefully further convince myself and anyone that cares to pay attention that my suppositions were correct. I firmly believe the balance Egg worked hard to achieve is in fact there, but the closer we come to a proof, the better informed we'll be.

- F

Dogg Thang
14th February 2008, 02:28 PM
Well the price definitely moving in the right direction. That's a good sign. Still adds up to an overall expensive purchase for all four packs but the move is a positive one.

Amaru
14th February 2008, 03:00 PM
Evil PlayStation Store and WipEout developping team... I jumped the Store and bought this second pack as soon as I saw it was out before even seing its new price! =^__^= I got so pleased by it that I bought/downloaded the original Wipeout in the same go (even though I should have gotten it free earlier if I hadn't registered my PlayStation Store account a couple hours before receiving the promotional mail announcing the opening of the same Store :P). X3 Heck, are we getting Wipeout 2097 in the Store sometime soon? I'd pay bucks for that one! XD

P52Smith
14th February 2008, 03:10 PM
I am looking forward to Gemini Dam, in March.
(see my previous posts in this thread for why!)

DjManiac21
14th February 2008, 03:10 PM
I see your point Flash, I merely use Piranha because I tested all shipn on stertches and magstrips to see how much they could take speewise.
So then the Piranha looked pretty steady, with good high end speed and decent cornering.
I guess my test run on The Amphiseum with the Feisar on Phantom is a good sign that the balance that was meant to be there, at least on fast classes, is indeed there. (at least for me)

I'm not so sure about that though on Venom or Flash, I think the slower the class the bigger the gap.
We are all still in dicovery phase here, so who knows :D

Good point there Flash, and sorry for derrailing this.

Now the latest pack, I will definitely get it when I get home.
We should arrange for this weekend to get toghether online and play some new tracks with fellow WZ pilots! :D

wich
14th February 2008, 03:11 PM
Well, I got the Mirage pack the day after release and I must say that I am rather disappointed.

5 euros for two tracks and a craft is really too much in my book, especially considering what downloadable content for other playstation 3/psp games costs. I find the edgewinter track rather uninspired, with anything below phantom it's just no challenge at all, and what is that magstrip piece of track with the wave sides about, does that serve a purpose? Vostok reef is an enjoyable track and I'm interested to see what the white edition of that track looks like. Though I must admit I'm more atracted towards the tracks already in the game than I am to Vostok Reef Black. It's good to see the price of the download packs coming down now, but 4 euros is still on the high side for me.

That said, I'd hate to have paid 5 and 4 euros now and then see the price for those packs drop to 3 or even below within a couple of months. At this point in time the extra tracks are all but useless online, yesterday I started a single race Vostok Reef online and I had to wait almost 20 minutes before a single person joined. So we played a race together, and then I waited another 10 minutes for someone to join, but there was simply noone. All this, makes me seriously doubt whether I want to buy these packs now, or just wait until more people play these tracks online.

But the biggest problem of all I have with the playstation store itself. I normally don't use Windows at all, so I had to log in on someone else's computer, which is something I definately don't like to do, especially on a site where I use my credit card. Why can't you use the playstation store on the PSP, that'd solve the problems for just about everyone, then only people who don't have windows *and* don't have a wireless access point available to them would still have problems downloading packs. But of course using someone else's internet connection is way preferable compared to using someone else's computer to log in. Plus I'm lucky to have a credit card, but I know plenty of people who don't, Sony is a big corporation, why can't they offer more than one way to do the monetary transactions. I mean in the US practically everybody has a credit card, but here in Europe this is in no way the case, having a credit card is more exception than it is the norm.

Dogg Thang
14th February 2008, 03:32 PM
Well I got the pack and gave it a go. That's the thing with the wallet system too - I put more in than I need and with you only being able to add funds in units of five, you're of course going to end up with more in there that you need. If they can charge a credit card, which they can, there is absolutely no reason whatsoever for this wallet system other than to force people to put more money in than they need to. So the price difference here really doesn't matter - you're looking at a fiver minimum.

That's a scam, plain and simple.

Anyway, the pack. Edgewinter Black, just a reverse. Should have come as standard with the White version.

Icaras doesn't look as nice in-game as previous versions as it is a little stumpier but the Concept version is like the Icaras we know and love. Strangely (as it's so non-Icaras) I adore the colour scheme used on the Alternate skin.

The other track, name of which has already escaped me, looks odd. Something about the colour doesn't quite gel for me and it looks like lego. There's a toy plastic blue used that stands out. That said, I looooove the layout. It's got a couple of really harsh turns, a bunch of jumps (to annoy the BR crowd) and both a vertical drop and rise on mag-strips. The layout is excellent. Looking forward to getting to know this track.

All of my previous issues with the pack distribution still stand. The price is better and that, in theory, is a good move but the wallet system scam makes a mockery of that.

wich
14th February 2008, 03:44 PM
I'm not that concerned with the wallet system, it makes sense when they will eventually support other payment systems than just credit cards. And it's not like I won't be getting more downloadable content for other games and such in the future.

KANDANG
14th February 2008, 03:49 PM
I still say there's nothing special about the Piranha, especially considering the push Feisar has made on a few tracks in the last few days. I see how it's convenient to believe it has something to put it above the rest, chiefly because everyone uses it based on that belief, leading to the perception that it dominates the leaderboards (the more that use it, the more likely it'll flood the boards -- numbers).

Sometime in the near future, I'll be putting my AG-Sys through some paces on some of the straighter tracks (Moa, Talon) to hopefully further convince myself and anyone that cares to pay attention that my suppositions were correct. I firmly believe the balance Egg worked hard to achieve is in fact there, but the closer we come to a proof, the better informed we'll be.

- F

the push feisar has made on a few tracks in the last few days = the player doing the push not the ship.

and holding player skillwise & phantom/rapier speed constant.. if you put the feisar on talon's junction v.s piranha , the piranha will win. certain ships do better on certain tracks. put the piranha on outpost7 vs feisar and the piranha will lose.

from flash downwards, the piranha will come out top, even on outpost 7. if you are able to get 1 on talon's junction white with ag-sys while everyone else is using piranha then i'm sure there isnt' anything special with the piranha. everyone is doing what the good players are doing. if you aren't following you'll be left behind.

just tested the icaras and i was able to shave some time off a few tracks without much difficulty. :banzai

Flashback Jack
14th February 2008, 04:13 PM
and holding player skillwise & phantom/rapier speed constant.. if you put the feisar on talon's junction v.s piranha , the piranha will win.

I've heard all the variations of the above, but that's only a claim. The results are so far consistently in favour of Piranha because as a group we haven't flocked en masse to any other ship and pushed hard enough to begin to disprove the claim. Not enough to knock every instance of a Piranha in first place out of the slot anyway.

I'm aware it would seem a likely impossibility that a Piranha would be smoked by a Feisar on Moa or Talon, assuming of course we have some semblance of real-world physics, consistent and relatively predictable in their attributes in action here. But such impossibilities are easily overcome in a freeform, code-based world like Wipeout Pulse where rules can be created on a developer's whim. That's primarily I fail to be convinced. An 800km/h versus a 725km/h (arbitrary values) top speed does not necessarily equal win in a world where 2 + 2 does not need to necessarily equal four.

I want to be convinced either way. We can come to a reasonably safe conclusion faster if a few of the fastest pilots organized an approach, perhaps by attempting to equal or better an existing speed lap with different ships. Already this has been done (I've matched your blazing Tech De Ra White Phantom Piranha lap with my AG-SYS -- I'm fairly sure we are comparable skill-wise). If we could do this many times across the various tracks, only then will we have a solid idea of whether there is in fact a supership among the mix.

Mods, feel free to split the thread off into the existing ship discussion thread if this continues.

- F

Frances_Penfold
14th February 2008, 04:42 PM
Very interesting to hear about the Icaras being useful for fast runs-- sounds like the ship will be in circulation even if only for time trialing!

As soon as there is a mechanism to obtain the DLC in North America, I'm making the jump! Come on, Playstation Store people, make it happen!

Flashback, I spend a lot of time at Flash and Venom speeds, and have compared Pirrhana and Ag-Sys specifically (these are my two favorite ships)-- I really don't think there is any way that Pirrhana isn't the faster ship in all (or nearly all) tracks at the slower speeds. Faster speeds, I can definitely believe that maneuverability counter acts the raw speeds, at least in a track-specific manner. Note, this is coming from somebody that would REALLY like for more maneuver-able ships to come out on top-- I just don't think that will be the case, unfortunately.

Lance
14th February 2008, 05:07 PM
The question of whether there is a supership, or whether one ship has a consistent edge in a class, or on a specific track will eventually be answered in the long-term records. An immediate answer doesn't seem necessary . But in any case, the discussion of the point is irrelevant in this thread. Please discuss the download packs and issues closely related to them

Tomahawk
14th February 2008, 05:19 PM
I'm surprised in a very positive way about the price drop for the new pack. This is something I never would have expected. 3.99 euros is still a little bit too much for two tracks and a ship you can't use in multiplayer mode for my taste, but I feel that this is a good step in the right direction. Seems like someone at Sonys has listend to us... I'm honouring this new trend by buying the two packs now.

NeXaR_QroN
14th February 2008, 05:27 PM
Sony has listened... or the first pack sales were really horrible.

Alex_Se
14th February 2008, 05:36 PM
No matter how low they get it, some people will still not buy it. They need to add more paying options for smaller countries (mine for example). Not everyone has a credit card on their side. :(

Dogg Thang
14th February 2008, 05:47 PM
Maybe Sony hasn't listened. Maybe it's just how they're working out the pricing. This pack has technically less than the previous pack. Both tracks were available in Zone in the last pack. Only one is this time. Perhaps they just revalued to take into account that difference.

Maybe it's as basic as €1 per track run (2), €1 per Zone version and €1 per ship. I have no idea if that works or how it translates to the UK£ pricing.

P52Smith
14th February 2008, 06:38 PM
I think it's 50p per thing + £1 for the download itself
but I might be wrong

DjManiac21
14th February 2008, 06:54 PM
I'll say something about the latest pack, since I see no comments about it yet.
This is a much higher package!
I just fell in love with Gemini Dam, it a wonderful track! It has 2 vertical mag strip sections, one going downwards, the next one upwards, it's just an awesome track!

And it has a 90 degree turn manor top-like, awesome stuff!!! Can't wait to play it online with all of you! :)

Then again this track has a couple of drops which contribute to BRs, but it will certainly rock on Phantom online! It has a great flow.

Edge Winter black is much better than white in my opinion, it's bendy and open. Indeed a much better version than white.

You also get the Icaras grid, 13 challenges this time, one less than the previous pack.

And the Icaras ship is quite good, I didn't try it on Phantom yet but it feels just right, bummer we can't use it online (yet?)

Definitely a good package at a slightly reduced price.

Oh, Gemini Dam... :beer

Dogg Thang
14th February 2008, 07:04 PM
I commented on it. Agree with you on Gemini. Not on Edgewinter though. I prefer the layout of white. Also, I think it is visually one of the weakest. The art design for both pure and pulse can be excellent but there sometimes seems to be a 'leave no space unfilled' thinking and Edgewinter is really cramped and messy.

The layout of Gemini is excellent though. Makes me wish the tracks were longer. It's fun stuff.

Tomahawk
14th February 2008, 07:16 PM
Maybe Sony hasn't listened. Maybe it's just how they're working out the pricing. This pack has technically less than the previous pack. Both tracks were available in Zone in the last pack. Only one is this time. Perhaps they just revalued to take into account that difference.

I didn't read that there was only one track available in Zone in this new pack. I sure hope that they're not just working out the pricing for DLC, but have at least listened a little bit to our (my) whining about the high prices. I've shown my good will and purchased the two packs now, I'll see what the cost/value ratio is on the next two packs and have a real close look now before I buy anything else...

Asayyeah
14th February 2008, 07:19 PM
Stevie and I have bought the new pack few sec ago ( not even tested it yet).
We really appreciate the way SCEE/SL lowered the price a lil' bit: thanks

Dogg Thang
14th February 2008, 07:31 PM
Along with my quite horrendous loading times, the addition of this second pack seems to have resulted in frequent crashes. It has switched off several times during loading and more after coming back from sleep.

Chrono
14th February 2008, 07:35 PM
That's certainly not good to hear. Picking my pack over at DJ's tomorrow. Trying to get my dutch credit card now, but it's a hassle

poprock
14th February 2008, 09:00 PM
Why on Earth is there no Mac support? Surely all I need to do is download a file and transfer it to a specific folder on my PSP’s Memory Stick? Couldn’t Sony even risk letting me do that myself?

Really frustrating. I was ready to pay the asking price for all of these packs, too.

As for not being able to buy and download the packs directly on the PSP … omitting that is just plain idiotic. What if I owned a PSP but no computer? How would Sony expect to make money off me?

The Gracer
14th February 2008, 09:17 PM
Poprock - if your running leopard, just find a friend who has a copy of XP home sp2 and boot camp it.

I agree that its a bit silly you cant download directly onto the PSP but remember that the browser inside your PSP leaves a lot to be desired....

lunar
15th February 2008, 01:31 AM
Gemini Dam is a fantastic track. It has a little Vohl Square style step-turn thing, some floaty moments, and it`s all very slick, cute and flowing with some Pulse-style vertigo too. When tracks are this good they`re worth £3 of any Wipeout fan`s money. I`ve only done 12 laps and I think it`s my favourite track in Pulse.

Edgewinter gets better on black, feeling like it`s all downhill, and it starts to feel a little bit like Arc Prime, but I don`t think it`s ever going to be a classic.

But :clap to whoever designed Gemini Dam.

Sausehuhn
15th February 2008, 07:38 AM
Some ingame screens/videos would be nice :)

stin
15th February 2008, 07:58 AM
Well, I like EdgeWinter alot due Zone, I done over 600 laps!(that is more than some of other tracks)

Gemini Dam is looking very interesting but I only done 3 laps and I do like it.

stevie:)

Dogg Thang
15th February 2008, 08:02 AM
Sausehuhn, here are a few pics -

Edgewinter White - http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y26/DoggThang/wo_20080212_202929.jpg
Edgewinter Black - http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y26/DoggThang/wo_20080215_090243.jpg

Approaching the 90 degree turn in Gemini Dam - http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y26/DoggThang/wo_20080215_085522.jpg
the turn itself - http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y26/DoggThang/wo_20080215_085735.jpg
Another part of Gemini - http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y26/DoggThang/wo_20080215_085611.jpg

Vostok Reef cave section - http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y26/DoggThang/wo_20080215_090001.jpg

Chrono
15th February 2008, 08:40 AM
Something odd just happened to me, and let me know if it happened to anyone else. I went to goto the bathroom this morning, and I was i the mood for Vertica on Phantom, so i crank up Wipeout. It tells me it can't find my pack (which I dl'ed at Maruo's). So i had to delete it, cause wiepout wouldn't even start...sigh. Just couldn't find the pack

lunar
15th February 2008, 09:48 AM
Vertica in the bathroom - too much information! ;)

Did you register your PSP to DJ`s account? I don`t think it`ll work unless you do.

Chrono
15th February 2008, 10:48 AM
can you register more than one psp to an account? The file allows 5 seperate psp downloads. It worked for 3 days prior to crashing

lunar
15th February 2008, 10:51 AM
I believe the way it works is that you can register more than one psp to an account, I have two on mine, but each individual PSP can only be registered to one PSN account.

Asayyeah
15th February 2008, 11:31 AM
Yes i agree with you Stephen, last night i wanted to offer the new pack to Stevie from my PSN account, but it says on the screen 'the DL is not associated with previous pack' and datas may be lost.
If something is written into the PSP flash memorie when you DL for the 1st time it has surely added an information about PSN account linked to that DL.

Frances_Penfold
15th February 2008, 01:44 PM
So the upshot is-- when the DLC finally becomes available on the North American store-- I should download ALL of the content and load ALL of the content onto my PSP using my same PSN account... and then everything should work ok?

lunar
15th February 2008, 02:26 PM
Yes, I think that`s right. You can change the PSN account which your PSP is registered to, but then content you downloaded when it was registered to the former account will no longer work, unless you change it back.

Maybe it`s because I started off with a Japanese import PSP, but whenever I download stuff from PSN/Playstation Store I get this feeling I`m doing something sneaky! Which I`m not. Life was a lot simpler when they charged full price for the UMD and we didn`t have this kerfuffle.

Frances_Penfold
15th February 2008, 02:37 PM
Thanks for the info, Lunar.

Yeah, I'd glady have payed a lot more for the Pulse UMD to have everything included (or distributed later without the crazy DRM).

Ah well, it will all work out soon enough, I expect ;)

I do think that if Sony wants digital downloading to become a standard method of distributing software in the future, they REALLY need to focus on streamlining the process and making it idiot-proof. I mean, I'm reasonably tech savvy, and highly motivated to get Wipeout DLC, and this **** still makes my head spin. No way is the average gamer going to jump through this many hoops.

P52Smith
15th February 2008, 04:09 PM
I agree

Plus, it feels worse having to fork out for the last parts of the game separately than paying it all in one go and waiting for the last parts to be avaliable, FREE like an upgrade patch.

Breeze™
16th February 2008, 06:46 AM
Let me know who thought of the idea of making DLC cost so much and i'll MURDER THEM ALL!!!ARGH

q_dmc12
16th February 2008, 07:05 AM
an attitude like that will get you banned for sure

Sausehuhn
16th February 2008, 10:38 AM
I agree it's not the best start for a first post, but I wonder which reactions cause bans lately :|

infoxicated
16th February 2008, 11:18 AM
Give me a break, you two - Breeze is entitled to his opinion and I'm sure he's not being entirely serious. People get banned for breaking the rules or being disrespectful to members and moderators, not for being over the top. :rolleyes:

P52Smith
16th February 2008, 07:27 PM
Precisely, besides, you know he's right!

Stew2000
16th February 2008, 08:30 PM
I've just noticed the 2 new packs. The price is a bit of a downer but at least I can finally use the Icaras now 8)

Kansas
16th February 2008, 11:31 PM
Are the download packs available in the US yet? I can't find them on the PlayStation Store.

P52Smith
17th February 2008, 09:47 AM
Possibly not.
Send an email to Sony and ask (If there's a link in the PS Store use that, if not, send it to Sony generally and title it something like "USA WipEout Pulse PSP download packs") and explain what you've said here, unless someone else can suggest a better course of action.

davidoneill
17th February 2008, 12:20 PM
I had a problem with the packs, I used an account to load up the Mirage packs to my memory card.

Then I created a new account which I wished to use and bought the Icaras packs with this new account and proceeded to load it up.

At start up it wouldnt load my Mirage packs so I guessed it was because of different accounts and I bought the Mirage for my new account.

It appeared to load up my previous grid for Mirage with the completed sections and the games working fine now.

Have I done something to mess up the download packs or my game?

Frances_Penfold
17th February 2008, 02:05 PM
Are the download packs available in the US yet? I can't find them on the PlayStation Store.

Nope, not available in North America yet.

I gather that the Playstation Store is updated on Thursdays, and last Thursday's update did not include any DLC for Pulse.

Hopefully it will appear this coming week :)

zargz
18th February 2008, 04:21 PM
no problems at all with the packs.
better price this time around - mirage was 45 sek, icaras - 35 sek 8)

sek = swedish money :p

InvaderF00
18th February 2008, 05:40 PM
The fact they they even cost money is a little unsettling. Micro-payments are the devil... flat out. Let me get this straight... Pay $10 less for the game but charge for each 'enchancement' over the baseline which pretty much comes out to more than the full price of a psp game.
I'd rather get lump sum and free packs (a la Pure) than this. It just drives home the point that the Wii Store, Xbox Live and Playstation store are there to nickel & dime gamers to death. It makes me fear that half of a product would be released just so you can buy the other half as an add-on and the publisher can claim they are releasing downloadable content.
Sorry, I'm crotchey. I believe Studio Liverpool should get paid for their hard work, but marketing tactics just get me pissed. </rant>

sakerbax
18th February 2008, 06:08 PM
why do you keep saying the packs are cheaper?
the pack brings less stuff than the first one. if they had dropped the price the first one would be cheaper as well

P52Smith
19th February 2008, 10:16 AM
Would you rather pay more for the extra zone variant which is imposible above 25 and waste money or pay less for less but have everything work properly?

Dogg Thang
19th February 2008, 10:42 AM
I think that's missing his point slightly. It's that it's not actually a price reduction. It's simply, as you say, 'less for less'. Most people are referring to it as almost an active price reduction on the same amount of content.

P52Smith
19th February 2008, 12:27 PM
Thank you, Dogg Thang!

Chrono
19th February 2008, 06:13 PM
I still get mad when I'm online and I scroll from Assegai to Piranha.

Frances_Penfold
19th February 2008, 08:03 PM
So do we have any indication if the problems experienced by Dogg Thang and others are universal, or if they are somehow specific to memory cards or firmware versions or other factors?

I'd really like to get the DLC when available here in the U.S. (possibly as early as this Thursday) but these problems are making me uncertain about it...

P52Smith
20th February 2008, 08:13 AM
I still get mad when I'm online and I scroll from Assegai to Piranha.

Take a bit more time then!

borell
21st February 2008, 06:58 AM
There seems to be hope that I will one day be able to buy the download packs from $ony:

Wi-Fi PSP Store promised (http://www.joystiq.com/2008/02/20/gdc08-wi-fi-psp-store-promised/) [joystiq.com]

Chris OTR
21st February 2008, 07:25 AM
...I don't like the idea of paying for DLC - it's all too easy to feel that as a REAL fan you MUST go and spend XYZ in order to have the full set.

I'm going to do my best to 'vote with my feet' and not get it... It's going to be tough to hold out though!

I should add that (of course) I'm not averse to paying a fair price for my games - I just want to pay it up-front, as that way it doesn't leave a sour taste in my mouth.

infoxicated
21st February 2008, 08:09 AM
I think I'm a real fan - been there, bought the t-shirt, made the website - and I'm not going to buy them. Like you said, it's best to 'vote with our feet' and I'm sure I can hold out.

Nadia Elenova
21st February 2008, 08:14 AM
It's ok to pay, but how much is fair? I really don't know but I would have paid 2'99€ each pack, what do you people think about it? :p

Rapier Racer
21st February 2008, 10:13 AM
If the packs had 4 tracks and a ship and were online like Pures then I probably would pay £3.00 for that willingly I feel that is a fair amount of content for the price, especially given the quality of those extra tracks.

So far I'm also holding out, rushed to buy the first pack then realized it wasn't so great for the cash, holding out is actually quite easy, if the ships were usable online it would be a different story though.

KANDANG
21st February 2008, 10:51 AM
the harimau pack is out and orcus white is full of straights

on phantom, turbo boost at the ledge and you'll be flying past many many ramps
:hyper

Dogg Thang
21st February 2008, 11:02 AM
Bizarrely, the Auricom pack is out too. Last week, someone linked to the Icaras pack before I found it on the home page. So, this week, so I'd know when it was up, I just checked the same page URL but with '3' instead of '2'. And that now links to the Auricom pack. The Harimau pack is pack 4. Odd.

And a better price for the Auricom pack too.

stin
21st February 2008, 11:07 AM
Where did you see Auricom?

stevie:o

Rapier Racer
21st February 2008, 11:07 AM
What? I don't see any Auricom..

tapioca
21st February 2008, 11:09 AM
Strange… i just got the Harimau pack but didn't see any Auricom flying around…

EDIT : Well… it wasn't too complicated to get to it

The foggy mood of Orcus looks great…

Dogg Thang
21st February 2008, 11:13 AM
http://store.playstation.com/store/product.vm?id=EP9000-UCES00465_00-PWIPEOUTPS000003

Oh, it's listed as 28/02/2008! Rob, if I shouldn't link to that, feel free to remove my post.

Frances_Penfold
21st February 2008, 01:17 PM
There seems to be hope that I will one day be able to buy the download packs from $ony:

Wi-Fi PSP Store promised (http://www.joystiq.com/2008/02/20/gdc08-wi-fi-psp-store-promised/) [joystiq.com]

Yeah, I saw that! That's good news. Hopefully it'll be "soon" for real (like the first half of 2008).

I'm eagerly awaiting to see if any of the DLC shows up on the North American version of the Playstation Store later today.

Rapier Racer
21st February 2008, 02:01 PM
Feels a little odd getting content on the PS Store before the US, if any of you have been following the weekly updates on PS3 you'll notice just how shite the EU store is, and I do mean SHITE in comparison. :turd

Amaru
21st February 2008, 02:06 PM
Phantom Eliminator on Orcus White is pure addictive evil! XD

Dogg Thang
21st February 2008, 06:51 PM
Ah, turns out that Auricom page is fine after all. Wipeout-game has been updated with a link to that very page.

Nadia Elenova
21st February 2008, 06:59 PM
WARNING - From www.wipeoutpulse.com the link in the Harimau packs takes you to the Auricom pack purchase. And if you check the packs section auricom doesn't appear yet.

aerobie
21st February 2008, 10:20 PM
Awesome! I just successfully managed to download both Harimau (from the PlayStation Store) and Auricom (from the PlayStation Store via wipeout-game.com)! At last, the game feels complete...

Sausehuhn
21st February 2008, 10:50 PM
If they drop the price to 2,99€ for all I might consider purchasing the packs.

RJ O'Connell
21st February 2008, 11:05 PM
I'm still waiting, thanks. T_T

DawnFireDragoon
21st February 2008, 11:32 PM
ok, i started this thread ages ago, then lost the internet for a month, so i come back to find, the download packs are out, one ship each, just two tracks, none of which are re-makes and we have to pay for this too...right.

Kansas
21st February 2008, 11:43 PM
still nothing for North America, it seems...

Frances_Penfold
22nd February 2008, 02:42 AM
Nope, doesn't look like it-- no DLC for Pulse on the North American version of the Playstation Store that I could see :(

Hopefully next week.

bloseth
22nd February 2008, 06:34 AM
The loading times have acually gotten longer with each pack. I noticed this very clearly yesterday after DL'ing the two last packs. What's funny is that loading a track and the ships for a race seems to take longer time even! (that is, with 4 packs it is slower than with 2 packs).

Orcus was nice though. :robot
Oh, and the Manor Top like run! Blew my mind for the first few laps, as the 90-degree turns don't alternate like the wo3-track.

P52Smith
22nd February 2008, 01:23 PM
This thread just makes me want the packs more and more, especially with your comments, I can at least imagine the tracks and ships.

Rayvyn
22nd February 2008, 03:40 PM
This is weird, downloaded the mirage pack and I got an error trying to load it, it says "This data item cannot be started. There is no game that is compatible with this data" THEN I tried opening Wipeout and I get "Unable to load the download pack PSP\GAME\UCES00465\PACK1.EDAT from Memory Stick Duo. This download pack will not be available during gameplay."

lunar
24th February 2008, 10:02 AM
Not sure what that could be, is your PSP registered to the account you used to download? That`s all I can think of.

I`ve got all the DLC now, and I have to say the four new tracks are all high quality. I`m even finding Edgewinter quite enjoyable on Rapier, as it is narrow and quite satisfying to get right (occasionally) when you`re going fast. Gemini Dam in both ways is fabulous, and Orcus, I can only imagine, will be completely insane when I try it at Phantom. Thank God the DLC has stopped now, though, I haven`t even learned the UMD tracks properly yet!

As for the download ships, apart from Icaras with its TT potential they seem kind of wasted and not really useful without being enabled for online, unless one of them has some secret speed I haven`t seen yet. Hopefully add-on ships won`t have this problem in HD.

TheFrostE
24th February 2008, 02:27 PM
is the auricom pack available in US? i click the auricom expansion pack box on wipeout-game.com and it sends me to the playstation store and i log into my psn account, and it says i dont qualify for the eligibility to use this product. am i doing something wrong or is it just not available still?

Rapier Racer
24th February 2008, 08:51 PM
Oh on the EU store the Mirage and Icaras packs are 1 and 2 respectively in the top downloads list. Not what I wanted to see really, looks like enough people are willing to pay £3.50 for it then maybe we can enjoy the same unfair pricing with HD downloads. On saying that there was no message with the Mirage pack saying it was crippled.

Did you try adding the pack to your basket first then logging in?

defor
24th February 2008, 09:10 PM
is the auricom pack available in US? i click the auricom expansion pack box on wipeout-game.com and it sends me to the playstation store and i log into my psn account, and it says i dont qualify for the eligibility to use this product. am i doing something wrong or is it just not available still?

Yeah- as far as I'v been able to tell, no US downloads yes, but considering the site already knows your region theoretically, I'd think it'd be better to actually respect this locale in terms of the expansions for letting the casual user know what's out.

TearsToShreds
24th February 2008, 11:21 PM
What does everyone think of the crafts themselves? Personally I find Auricom very suitable for TT'ing on certain tracks, since its handling is actually quite nice. I find it hard to adjust to Icaras but after a bit of practice I can usually shave off some time from my Phantom records. Surprised to see that fish still dominating the tables. :)

Nightstalker
3rd March 2008, 01:11 AM
So, basically, those of us int he US are getting the short end of the stick, it looks like. I looked on the PS store site and there isn't even a link in order to be able to contact anyone.

taqili
3rd March 2008, 03:18 AM
took a few months after EU release to get packs.

if we are patient, we can get them too.

locus2k
3rd March 2008, 04:45 AM
Since the add on packs were release for the EU before US it shouldve been available for download the day the US release, its bogus we have to wait to get the content.

defor
3rd March 2008, 11:31 AM
I seem to remember the same arguements about Pure's specialized packs for the EU release, W03's SE release for EU etc. Face it, WipeOut franchise is popular in the states, but not as much as in EU, not to mention Studio Liverpool, Psygnosis, DR, and everyone associated with the product are EU-based. It's somwhat to be expected that US and the rest of the world will get second-class treatment. The only reason we got Pure first was because the system was out in the US from what I remember, half a year earlier.

The same happens with most Japanese games that are already quite ready for international release; either content ends up missing in the EU and U/C releases, a heavily-delayed release, or worse.

Another item to take note of is that because we haven't seen the US release of the packs, who is to say how they'll be delivered in the store-as a single pack, modified pricing, etc...

jklasdf
3rd March 2008, 12:23 PM
im hoping for at least a mid march release of the packs in the us. *fingers crossed* im really not gonna be happy if they end up waiting a few months to release them in the US like they did with the EU ones :(

plus it makes it worse for us now that we kno all these ppl that do have the packs already, but we can't really talk about them or anything cause we don't have them yet. im waiting for harimau...

Frances_Penfold
3rd March 2008, 01:40 PM
Isn't part of the motivation for DLC is that it provides additional value to the original game disc, and thus encourages gamers to keep the game rather than selling it? Used games undercut sales of new game copies, and publishers don't receive any money from used games sales.

It's not clear exactly what Sony's aspirations are in terms of DLC... but if they want to maximize their potential profits, it seems like they would want to release it after the game had been out a while (1 or 2 months?) in a given region. So while I am disappointed by the fact that DLC isn't available in North America yet, I guess I'm not really surprised, either...

Still, every Thursday I log onto the Playstation Store hopeing to see the content available :lol

zargz
3rd March 2008, 11:56 PM
I want to at least complete the game before start with the dl but I understand the ones
who want to compete with the icaras that seems to be faster than the piranha.
Personally I'll stick to my favorite for this game - assegai! :p

locus2k
4th March 2008, 12:20 AM
Pure allowed us to dl the content for free and those who had the EU version of Pure was able to dl the content. I have a EU PSN account but cant buy the packs because my CC is an american CC and wont work on the EU PSN, otherwise i wouldnt be complaining.

I have the EU Pulse but cant get the packs because of mentioned above ; ;

Anyways hopefully wont have to wait too much longer

Lion
4th March 2008, 08:18 AM
check out Entropay (.com I think) as an online service that you can use to create international credit card numbers that are accepted in places where your own card isn't
I am yet to use it myself, but I have a few friends who've used it to buy stuff from the american psn (on ps3) store before it hits pal territories (notably: everyday shooter)

InvaderF00
4th March 2008, 01:43 PM
All of this is why 'regions' are evil and there is no good reason to have them in the Internet Age. Info is just data, and data can go anywhere. When the physical piece of software (oxymoron?) is no longer relevant, getting packs via a single ubiquitous location on the internet actually sounds cheaper for the distributor than multiple conflicting regions. This would all make sense if they where all going into the same 'Sony' pot, but nothing says loving like SCEA and SCEE fighting it out to see who sells more games. .

If only there was 1 WipeOut Pulse, with packs that worked no matter which region. Imagine all the content a replay value Pure would have had with JP+EU packs in 1?
Someone really needs to crack the new wad protection... ::sigh::

Rapier Racer
4th March 2008, 05:19 PM
US Pulse works with EU packs.

phl0w
4th March 2008, 06:11 PM
Imagine all the content a replay value Pure would have had with JP+EU packs in 1
Not to mention that by the time a track, let alone the game has loaded your PSP would've run out of battery ;)

Frances_Penfold
4th March 2008, 08:02 PM
US Pulse works with EU packs.

We know that for sure know?

stin
4th March 2008, 08:57 PM
Yes it`s does work cos I`m playing with it!

Stevie:)

TearsToShreds
4th March 2008, 09:13 PM
Is it also just possible to play the US version on my European PSP? Have yet to play Pure, but from what I've gathered most people seem to prefer it over Pulse, so I'll probably pick up a copy soon. Sorry for being off-topic, but the subject just came up, thought I'd ask.

BARTgai
4th March 2008, 11:30 PM
yes, you should be able to as the PSP is region-free for games.

Frances_Penfold
4th March 2008, 11:50 PM
Yes it`s does work cos I`m playing with it!

Stevie:)

Oh, bless you for taking the plunge, stin :)

So you imported a North American copy of Pulse to Scotland, and the PAL versions of the DLC works just fine?

Any thoughts about differences between the North American and PAL versions of the game? Is it just the fix to the race records as near as you can tell?

stin
5th March 2008, 07:53 AM
Yes, I did bought US version from USA and delivered here.

Yes it`s works with DLC on both versions.

Race time is fixed! but I`m sure Vertica Black is fixed as well to avoid respawn while going up to a big bend before over the ramp and I did not tried other things due I`m still playing Euro game on US UMD.

Dogg Thang
5th March 2008, 10:56 AM
Any word on other bugs in the US version like the ambient sound problem?

bastienrehm
5th March 2008, 01:35 PM
I`m still playing Euro game on US UMD.

Do you mean the euro save file is compatible with the US version ?

stin
5th March 2008, 02:13 PM
The answer is yes.

Dogg, about the music?, I has not tried them yet.

Frances_Penfold
5th March 2008, 02:38 PM
Thanks much, Stin, for this information!

Sounds like the transition to the U.S. copy of Pulse is pretty seemless for folks that started with the PAL version-- which is simply fantastic news. Now all we need to know is whether U.S. DLC is compatible with a PAL version of the game... but there's no way to test that yet!

Hmmm, I don't suppose that SL added, you know, a Free Play mode to the game in the U.S. release? ;)

Dogg Thang
5th March 2008, 05:53 PM
Stin, no not the music. I meant the problems in this thread - http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4449&highlight=ambient+sound

stin
5th March 2008, 06:03 PM
AAAh right!

I did checked Fort Gale as you described few minutes ago, all I can hear the winds, water noise but no crowds noise even the crowds are there.

Hope I gave you the right answer?:cold

Frances_Penfold, wrote...

Now all we need to know is whether U.S. DLC is compatible with a PAL version of the game... but there's no way to test that yet!

I would believe so it will work!

Dogg Thang
5th March 2008, 06:14 PM
Thanks Stin, that's what I wanted to know! Seems they didn't fix that bug. In a way, I'm kind of glad - if I thought the US version was completely bug-free, I'd have been tempted to get it.

Asayyeah
6th March 2008, 12:41 PM
Great infos Stevie, thx to cleared this up for us :+

lunar
6th March 2008, 01:00 PM
+1 thanks Stevie for taking the plunge - I`ve ordered the US version now so I don`t have to worry about blowing up! With the massive power of the £ at the moment I think it`s possibly cheaper to get the US version than our own.

TearsToShreds
6th March 2008, 01:38 PM
Ever since I started hearing those complaints about the crowd sound bug I've been wondering; 'What's the big deal?'. I never really noticed this myself and nitpicking over every tiny bug (and I don't mean the major ones) seems like a huge waste of time to me. :/

Dogg Thang
6th March 2008, 02:28 PM
Sure, it's a waste of time for you if you don't notice it. I don't notice the race time bug because I'm not a competitive player. That doesn't mean there's any reason for me to say it's a waste of time for people to bring it up. It means a lot to some people.

And there are no end of other bugs. Obviously, as someone who stopped playing the game due to the crashes, they mean something to me.

There should not be bugs. And there aren't bugs like these in most PSP games. So it's not exactly nitpicking.

As for the sound, personally, I feel sound is hugely important. One of the most defining WO moments for me is hearing the roar of the crowd on Altima for the first time. It felt huge. Sound makes the atmosphere. That's the big deal.

TearsToShreds
6th March 2008, 08:50 PM
Well, let me put it this way; I did notice it, and still do. And while I could be getting worked up over this, I simply tolerate it, for when I surrender to the whole 'this and that isn't working and that is missing' it'll ruin the fun for me, because at the end of the day, it's still just a game. I do not wish to take those things more seriously than things that do require my attention in life. It's just a negative spiral for me that'll only make me crave for more and better things. Now, your case is something different because of all the frequent crashes and endless loading times (from which I suffer, too, but not the crashing). SL is obviously not responsible for this, and I while I could spend endless amounts of time blaming the gaming industry, I prefer not to. Was it worth putting down all that money for a PSP just to play Pulse? No. But I'll manage. Of course it's ridiculous putting up with this while all we want is a bit of entertainment... In this light my previous doesn't make sense anymore, and I'm sorry, Dogg Thang.

Rapier Racer
6th March 2008, 08:52 PM
If it wasn't worth the money why haven't you got Pure??? You don't know what your missing!!!!

TearsToShreds
6th March 2008, 08:56 PM
Well, since it's only 12 euros in the store down the street, I'll pick it up ASAP. :)

Rapier Racer
6th March 2008, 09:37 PM
Yeah and don't forget to grab those free downloads, essentially doubling the size of the game, the complete Pure package is a great deal at that price :+

bastienrehm
6th March 2008, 11:51 PM
They should make some free content for Pulse as well, I wouldn't mind a few old tracks with optimized graphics. Not like they would have to work a lot to do that either.

P52Smith
8th March 2008, 07:46 PM
Yeah and don't forget to grab those free downloads, essentially doubling the size of the game, the complete Pure package is a great deal at that price :+

Turn 3 Leagues and 4 Tournaments into 7 Leagues and 9 Tournaments more like.

Anyway, notice the declining popularity of Mirage and Icaras packs.
Everyone who wants them has got them so no one else downloads them, ie. they get 'less popular'

taqili
9th March 2008, 06:46 PM
Anyway, notice the declining popularity of Mirage and Icaras packs.
Everyone who wants them has got them so no one else downloads them, ie. they get 'less popular'

What do you mean by this? Auricom and Harimau get more downloads because everyone already has Icaras and Mirage? I don't follow that logic.

I just want Icaras on US Pulse :(

solidsnake
10th March 2008, 06:16 PM
i think some people are over reacting saying "ooo im gonna trade my copy of pulse back in the store as well as my psp" i cant remember if someone used them exact words but close enough. any way what i mean is that all it is is £3.99 for the most expensive pack which you don't even really need. yer sure it would have been nice but think of the other psp games that don't have download packs.
and yes pure packs were free but sony is a business that has to make money. but i still don't know why they have put a price on... oh well
anyway i dunno what the point of this reply was but its my opinion so there!

Sausehuhn
10th March 2008, 08:03 PM
I, for one, won't buy these packs in any near future. Simply because I'm satisfied with the core game and do not see any need to spend 16€ in those packs.
I'm sure they are nice, but with the offline-only ships the only attractive thing left are the new tracks (because why should you learn to handle those ships if you can't race them in multiplayer anyway?).
And right at the moment those are no 16€ worth IMO. Maybe in a few months or something :)

bastienrehm
11th March 2008, 03:32 AM
There's a thing I don't get about the tracks being playable online... how does the data transfer work ?

Does the host who has the new tracks send them to the other players ?

It'd be quite annoying if they were transfered each time a game with those tracks starts, that's why I've been wondering if they're saved on your memory stick or something similar which we aren't aware of...

swift412
11th March 2008, 04:22 AM
If the host changes to a DLC only track, anyone who doesn't have it is kicked out of the room.

bastienrehm
11th March 2008, 05:21 AM
Allright, thanks for clearing that out.

CantorianPanda
14th March 2008, 05:41 PM
Hi everyone, just found this forum and have been trying to find one thing out...

I'm interested in getting the DLC packs sometime in the future, maybe when they've been lowered to 99 pence each, but I bought both my PSP and WipeOut Pulse in the US.

I live in Iceland, so naturally I got a UK PSN Store account...

Does anyone know if the UK PSN Pulse Packs wouldn't work with a US version? I know the DLC packs for Pure were region-specific, but I have seen no info on the Pulse packs being the same way.

bastienrehm
14th March 2008, 06:23 PM
All pulse packs are international, I have both the US and EU versions of pulse and the Euro packs work for me. :+

I think someone answered for the US pulse packs a bit earlier in the thread.

CantorianPanda
14th March 2008, 06:35 PM
Oh, great! Thanks:)

I had tried to look for it in the thread, but I hadn't checked all 38 pages of it, but sorry for the redundant question then, people :P

Kansas
15th March 2008, 07:01 AM
I haven't been on the site in a couple of weeks...but I guess the US downloads aren't out yet... what the hell?

Rapier Racer
15th March 2008, 04:06 PM
I don't think it makes a lot of sense from a business standpoint to release the additional content at the same time or very shortly after the release of the main game.

Kansas
15th March 2008, 04:11 PM
That wasn't the case with Pure

Rapier Racer
15th March 2008, 06:45 PM
Pure stuff was free. My point is releasing the Pulse packs in the US to soon after the game is probably not the best way to extract more money out of the player.

RJ O'Connell
15th March 2008, 06:48 PM
Makes me wonder why I didn't just wait another two months and didn't import the game from AU... :brickwall

Mad-Ice
31st March 2008, 10:20 AM
I really would like to know how many persons are having all the DLC? I think these tracks are very good, especially the tracks of Vostok Reef and Gemini Dam. Whenever I am online and I switch to DLC, almost everybody is gone.

People be sure to get the DLC, because it is so good. Make sure you share it with your friends because once bought means five times the content for the same price.

Thanks again to DjManiac for the packs! :+

blixabargeld
31st March 2008, 12:27 PM
i've got all of them, sharing the cost with two friends of mine. I can assure that new ships and tracks are pretty cool and funny, especially gemini dam, really tricky.
The problem, already mentioned, is that downloaded ships cannot be used in multiplayer matches, which gave 'em a less purpose in terms of how many loyalty points you would like to get with them..
You have always to take a (little) bitter pill to be happy ;)

lunar
31st March 2008, 12:33 PM
I`ve got them all - as well as 100,000 loyalty for Haribo.....Peace! ;)

stin
31st March 2008, 01:09 PM
I got all of them packs.

Jings!, I will need to practice these tracks just in case!:robot

Asayyeah
31st March 2008, 01:34 PM
i got them all

jklasdf
31st March 2008, 01:36 PM
im tired of waiting for the freakin' packs to release in north america :( its been so long, i feel like im really missing out on a lot of quality racing.

i always read things about what people in europe are saying about the packs, but i want to experience it myself!

Frances_Penfold
31st March 2008, 02:11 PM
Yeah, I will buy all the DLC when it becomes available-- but still no word from SCEA about when it will be available :(

I'm actually surprised about this-- I never expected the DLC to be available right away but we are, gosh, six or eight weeks since the original release. I would think that Sony wants to get the DLC on the market pretty soon else people forget about Wipeout Pulse, or worse, sell the game.

Rahvin13
31st March 2008, 02:40 PM
Anyone know where i can get these packs free? other than mininova?
I'm not talking about custom firmware!! i just mean save files

Skvall
31st March 2008, 02:53 PM
They are not free. So, no.

Rahvin13
31st March 2008, 03:08 PM
Fair enough, sony can have my money... damn robbers

lunar
31st March 2008, 03:28 PM
Oh the irony!

Karelmanz
31st March 2008, 03:58 PM
Can't they be downloaded anywhere else?

Sausehuhn
31st March 2008, 04:14 PM
lunar, I would like to quote you for Karelmanz's post :D

Lance
31st March 2008, 05:33 PM
@rahvin and karelmanz: Just to hammer the point by stating the obvious, getting the packs for free, when Sony isn't giving them out free, is itself robbery.

}kicks self for stating obvious{

rdmx
31st March 2008, 11:56 PM
Will the packs will ever be released free at some point like they do it with map packs on xbox live after a few months? (Maybe much later though) Maybe to coincide with more tracks which would need to be bought?

Frances_Penfold
1st April 2008, 01:31 AM
Well, if the DLC isn't released this Thursday for the North American market, looks like we will end up waiting at least another 3-4 weeks before getting it-- the Playstation Store is going to getting an overhaul with no new content launching for two weeks.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6188547.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=newstop&tag=newstop;title;1

Maybe Sony is hard at work fixing glitches in the DLC that you folks from Europe have identified :lol

alterego
1st April 2008, 04:58 AM
Hi All!

i got them all

me too! .....and fall in love for my little Icaras and Orcus White! :D

Read You Soon
CdRom

Dogg Thang
1st April 2008, 05:55 AM
Maybe Sony is hard at work fixing glitches in the DLC that you folks from Europe have identified :lol

If so, I'm looking forward to my bug testing team pay cheque.

Mad-Ice
1st April 2008, 10:58 AM
Too bad my thread has been moved to this one! I knew that a lot of people were going to talk about the DLC prices again and about other stuff about DLC in this thread. While I was hoping for replies only from people who were having the DLC and are willing to play this online, in the new thread.:?

Rahvin13
1st April 2008, 02:32 PM
Damn Sony, Cant get these flamin' downloads because it won't let me pay by Debit card

OMG!! When The damn PSN Store finally accepts my card, The site goes down, I Cant believe this:@

Lance
1st April 2008, 08:46 PM
If so, I'm looking forward to my bug testing team pay cheque.

Hmm....... I wonder how much Quality Assurance personnel get paid. There's a company in my area that does QA testing on games.

Rahvin13
2nd April 2008, 02:10 PM
Are these packs not meant to work online, or has my psp spazzed out?

blixabargeld
2nd April 2008, 02:40 PM
only the ships, tracks should work..

JABBERJAW
2nd April 2008, 02:59 PM
I know this is probably a "NO", but is there any chance at all of SL releasing a patch to allow downloaded ships to be used online.

infoxicated
2nd April 2008, 03:21 PM
No - WipEout Pulse cannot be patched in this way.

Chrono
2nd April 2008, 03:25 PM
This makes me a sad panda. I never understood the expression, "You can't have your cake and eat it too." But isn't my cake supposed to have all it's ships online =P. Maybe the next cake, which is a shinier cake. :cake

JABBERJAW
2nd April 2008, 03:31 PM
Another question about downloads.

How difficult would it be for All of the tracks from wipeout pure to be transferred over to pulse via download? Once all of the new track download packs are done, it would seem that this would be next, to add value, without I wouldn't think too much work. I would love to play modesto with a pulse ship, and citta would become a playable track I would think. The graphics are certainly good enough in pure to not have to change anything.

taqili
2nd April 2008, 06:27 PM
Seems like the problem with that is that it obsoletes Pure -- something which is currently being offered as a moneymaker download. Why buy the old game when you can get the new game with the new physics and sideshifting?

Rahvin13
2nd April 2008, 07:10 PM
I Might walk over to Studio Liverpool and make them let me race online with Mirage :D As SL Head office is right by my house

Lance
2nd April 2008, 08:16 PM
Seems like the problem with that is that it obsoletes Pure -- something which is currently being offered as a moneymaker download. Why buy the old game when you can get the new game with the new physics and sideshifting?

Because it has different physics, and also different AI behaviour. Some people prefer its characteristics to those of Pulse.

RJ O'Connell
3rd April 2008, 12:01 AM
Pure can keep it's tacky cross-game promotional ships, Triakis reverse-inertia deceleration, ship imbalance and speed pad glitches.

Well on the other hand, everything was free to download for Pure, and heavyweight ships were actually a challenge to control.

Frances_Penfold
3rd April 2008, 12:32 AM
Well for what it's worth-- Studio Liverpool if you are listening-- I would pay for DLC that provided Pure tracks to play on Pulse.

If this was done cleverly-- i.e., labeling as "classic packs" rather than "imported content from Wipeout Pure"-- I doubt that it would eat into sales of Wipeout Pure, either in its "Greatest Hits" packaging or the electronic version that is for sale (at least on the North American version of the Playstation Store).

On the other hand, the user base of Wipeout Pulse is probably not such that it would be worth Sony's effort to do this. Unfortunately.

infoxicated
3rd April 2008, 08:36 AM
With that last line, you got it in one.

If we didn't see all of the classic tracks for the million selling WipEout Pure, we're highly unlikely to see them Pulse.

JABBERJAW
3rd April 2008, 12:30 PM
I didn't mean old tracks from other games, just the pure tracks that were already created. What sorts of things would need to be done to transfer those tracks over to pulse(hypothetically). The graphics on those are just fine, and the tracks themselves would easily be playable with the tighter physics.

blixabargeld
3rd April 2008, 01:09 PM
why excluding that could be done in the future? if SL is still working also on something for pulse (anyone know?) we may have surprise for the future. just wait and see.
(high hopes)

Rahvin13
3rd April 2008, 02:34 PM
Don't dis Pure, it's a great game, And has my personal favourite Track in it :D (Sol 2, If you were curious)

Frances_Penfold
3rd April 2008, 11:50 PM
Well, no Wipeout Pulse DLC was made available on the North American version of Playstation Store today :(

There apparently is a massive overhaul of the Store happening, so apparently we won't be seeing any new electronic content released for 2 or 3 weeks.

Pooooooop.

jklasdf
4th April 2008, 04:42 AM
:0 that's really awful......im very unhappy about that...

Rahvin13
4th April 2008, 10:29 AM
Are there only going to be 4 packs released or will there be more eventually?

Rapier Racer
4th April 2008, 08:37 PM
I would imagine so, I think HD will be the current focus of SLs efforts. Additionally it's just not the same when you cant use extra ships online almost makes them redundant before you even paid for them.

I hope its made clear than you can use the additional ships online when they come for HD I wonder if this lack of functionality hurt the chances of people buying future WO content.

(I am of course assuming any additional ships will be playable online given the emphasis thats been put on HDs online connectivity.)

DawnFireDragoon
5th April 2008, 02:35 AM
it should be made very clear, i will not be buying HD, i don't like the look of it, and i'm not going in for this 'releasing a station to sell content for afterwards' rubish, when i buy a game i want a solid game, complete with all the ships (including the classics the fanbase, who have stuck with the series and paid for it to continue, want to see) a solid number of tracks (8 on a next gen console...please) if it's handelled anything like pulse was it will be a mess, i bought the packs, like a fool and was, just as i was with pulse itself, fairly dissapointed with track design and overall content. pure was the perfect example of how it could be done, and there could have been a healthy in-between, with a lower price tag, greater content, but alas no.

fingers crossed something amazing happens some time in the future as i want Wipeout to be as great as it can be.

Rahvin13
5th April 2008, 08:25 AM
Emerald. i agree, i feel ripped off having bought these packs, and not being able to use them online, ive not even played wipeout pulse, since i complete the Icaras, Mirage etc grids, I hope more content will be released for this game, and i hope they'll be online compatible

zargz
5th April 2008, 09:45 AM
I wouldn't hold my breath ..

Sausehuhn
5th April 2008, 11:04 AM
Could someone please post some shots of the downloadable ships and their concept versions? :)

P52Smith
19th April 2008, 03:54 PM
As well as the above
Could someone please post some detailed images of they fun/key points in each of the eight runs and a pic of the zone mode colour schemes.

From what I've seen, Gemini Dam looks like it would be my favourite track and I would like your opinions on the DLC tracks.

Thanks

Rubix42
24th April 2008, 11:50 PM
So has there been any news on when the packs will be available for the US folks?

I'm not super excited to pay for them, but I would like to play some new tracks and ships.

HISHO[JP]
26th April 2008, 02:48 PM
---A small off topic---

Motor Storm Comlete (http://www.jp.playstation.com/scej/title/ms/complete.html) was announced in Japan.
It includes all expantion packs which are usable in one Blu-ray disk.
release date:2008/5/22
price:4980 yen (Original ver:5980 yen and DLCs are almost not free)

---off topic ends---

No plan for "Wipeout Pulse Complete" ?
If it is achieved, I'll plan to import Pulse...

Darkdrium777
30th April 2008, 12:42 AM
I agree this would be a very good idea. The full game including the DLC for about 40$ (I think the current price here in Canada is 30$). That would be great.

jklasdf
30th April 2008, 03:23 PM
ya id buy that for sure!!!

Rubix42
2nd May 2008, 06:49 PM
Ok, I'm ready for new content. Seems like it is still going to be a while until the packs are available for the US.

Does anyone know if I can log into the EU store and download them? Is that possible?

stin
3rd May 2008, 12:08 PM
Rubix42, the answer is yes you can but can you pay for it?

Vincent_VII
3rd May 2008, 05:12 PM
I haven't really been checking... but the D/L packs STILL aren't available in the US??? Wow. Has Sony just abandoned support for Pulse in the States?

Lance
3rd May 2008, 08:23 PM
Don't forget that the two versions of the game are marketed/released by two different rather independent divisions of Sony, SCEE and SCEA.

Mad-Ice
4th May 2008, 04:29 PM
Today I downloaded the Patapon demo game on my psp. After playing it I wanted to play some Pulse. While loading the game I got a menu that said I couldn't play the downloaded content anymore. So I should press circle for starting the game, but it didn't do anything. Now I can't play Pulse anymore.

I deleted the Patapon demo immediately, but no success. Now I am so sad. Can anybody help me out?

lunar
4th May 2008, 04:45 PM
Here`s my theory.....

Your PSP can only be registered to one Playstation store account at a time, and can only access content downloaded with the account it is currently registered to. Sounds like you may have registered your PSP to a different PSN account to the one you downloaded the Pulse packs with, while you were in the process of downloading the Patapon demo. Did you download the Pulse packs and the Patapon demo with same PSN account? If not, that could be the source of your problem.

You would need to either access the account you downloaded the Pulse packs with and re-register your PSP to that, or re-download the packs on the same account as the one you downloaded the Patapon demo with.

Or I could be wrong....

Does that make sense? I hope it helps anyway..... :)

Darkdrium777
4th May 2008, 05:37 PM
Demos are not account locked (Unless Sony is starting a new trend) so I doubt it could be that. A file probably got corrupted which prevents the loading of the pack AND Pulse. I suggest logging on to your account again and redownload the packs once more (You can do that an infinite number of times on one PSP, on up to five PSPs so it shouldn't be a problem), obviously after erasing all traces of them on the memory stick.

Mad-Ice
4th May 2008, 07:14 PM
Oh yes Lunar, you are spot on! I was so lucky to get all the packs of Pulse from DjManiac, together with Kula World and original Wipeout, which are not working either atm. The Patapon demo, I downloaded it myself. It said something just before downloading it, which I did not quite understand, something about PSN accounts.

Now I understand it, but it is a little late. Just because I was so lucky to get the DLC as a present, I can't download anything else for myself without losing all thing received before. I think this sucks big time!

Sorry DjManiac, from now on you have to pay for all the games I want to have. You are gonna be a poor man very soon.;)

Frances_Penfold
4th May 2008, 09:53 PM
I have heard of this exact problem before in some of the online forums that visit-- not with regards to Wipeout but with other games, and usually in the context of registering the PSP in different regions. I completely understand Sony's need to protect its downloadable software with DRM but the situation can end up being a real mess. Maybe I will start doing ALL of my Wipeout gaming on a single PSP, tied to a single PC and PSStore account, in a single region.

Sorry for your situation, Mad-Ice :(

Darkdrium777
4th May 2008, 10:16 PM
Just so you know, there is a way to decrypt the DRM. However I will only state it, if you want more info send me a PM.
Because really, in your case, you have the right to use the packs and the demo, since the demo is free, and the packs were graciously given to you by a friend. (Which is not against Sony's policy as far as I know. Unless we mustn't have friends anymore...)

Lance
4th May 2008, 11:23 PM
" Unless we mustn't have friends anymore...)"

If corporations could have their way.....

DJ Techno
5th May 2008, 01:01 AM
;87136']---A small off topic---

[
---off topic ends---

No plan for "[B]Wipeout Pulse Complete" ?
If it is achieved, I'll plan to import Pulse...

Yeah just make sure you have a credit card for a European type Account
hahaha...
ain't it a b. we had to now pay for packs to upgrade games.
since last year,

Darkdrium777
5th May 2008, 02:34 AM
If corporations could have their way.....

Let's hope it doesn't come to that. Because really none of the security measures they have invented up to now are effective. The hackers will find a way no matter what... Such measures are taken only to bother the paying customer, which is what I do not understand.

Ah yes I forgot to point out that to decrypt the DRM you need custom firmware, and I am unsure it would work on an upgrade pack after all, since it converts to ISO (And the game most probably searches for the pack in PSP/GAME, so it will not work).

So the other thing I can think of is ask to log back into the account owning Pulse Packs and PurE download game, and download the Patapon demo from that account. This will reactivate your PSP under that account, so you should be able to play the games again. :)

Kansas
5th May 2008, 08:07 PM
Let me beat a dead horse even deader.

I've been so busy with work I haven't been able to devote any time to WipEout Pulse in a long time. I just got laid off on Thursday...

Anyway, where the hell are the "new" download packs??? I can't find them anywhere.

stin
5th May 2008, 09:53 PM
http://store.playstation.com/game/index.vm

There is a link for you but, it`s Europe Network, unless you have certain Credit card to download the packs for you.

Kansas
6th May 2008, 04:31 AM
The link takes me back to the U.S. site :(

Darkdrium777
7th May 2008, 02:36 AM
They are not available in US yet. Grrr :bomb

jklasdf
7th May 2008, 12:46 PM
just give it time.....it'll happen:P

Kansas
7th May 2008, 10:08 PM
what the hell? how long must we wait?

Rapier Racer
9th May 2008, 12:56 PM
Has Anyone tried emailing SCEA? Chances are it would be a futile effort but you never know eh.

P52Smith
10th May 2008, 07:22 PM
You never know!

On a brighter note, I have just got the DLC and am ready to use it online now in my effort to meet you guys online.

It does seem suprising that America doesn't have the packs after all this time, its been 3 months since the game was released there and an overall 5.5 since release over here. They shouldn't be long now. I feel that they should all be released simultaneously for all you Americans when they are released which should be ASAP.

Looking forward to racing these tracks at phantom speed successfully but I will stick to Flash and Venom (whilst dabbling in Rapier and Zone) to learn the tracks properly then add them to my challenge list in The Arena.

Mad-Ice
11th May 2008, 11:19 AM
Almost nobody plays DLC online. I just downloaded a demo on my psp which corrupted my pulse packs which I got from DjManiac. Now I can't play my DLC anymore. Guess what, the first day I couldn't play DLC somebody selected DLC online and I was kicked out the room!! Soon I will be playing DLC again. So then I will be looking for you.

Frances_Penfold
11th May 2008, 01:39 PM
Question for those of you from PAL territories-- can you buy Pulse DLC over a PS3 or does it require a PC with the Playstation Store standalone application?

I'm a mac guy that will soon be getting a PS3-- I'm wondering if I can use it to get the North American DLC (whenever the heck it is released) rather than having to track down somebody's PC.

Rapier Racer
11th May 2008, 08:19 PM
Uh I can't say I have ever seen it on the store via the PS3.

RJ O'Connell
11th May 2008, 08:27 PM
Oh, hey guys. Didn't know we were still speculating when the DLC would be available in North America. It's so nice to know SCEA isn't dropping the ball on the few, but very loyal Pulse players who are already annoyed at having to pay money for ships I can't use online when none of the Pure DLC in North America was paid for by Puma or Coke and such and yet free at the same time.

But hey, I'm not bitter at all about it. Not me! :brickwall

Asayyeah
13th May 2008, 08:39 PM
Don't talk about the playstation store to me, i haven't got the DLC pack anymore.
Just a simple question , why the hell when you want to pay AGAIN for the DL pack you can't do that with your own original account and need to create a new one ... we spent time to elucidate this with my North American friends without fining a true answer.

Frances_Penfold
14th May 2008, 12:01 AM
^^
Sorry, Asayyeah, I'm not following you-- can you explain that again?

Asayyeah
14th May 2008, 01:21 PM
No worrie Frances i will try to do my best :
I registered into playstation network with an account named Asayyeah : i DLed the packs and paid 16 euros for them, i needed to DL the packs again due to the update to ranking site not working ( i told about that story 3 months ago) sadly i used all my 5 slots because i formated my MStick everytime before DLing the pack again, so when i wanted to offer the pack to one of the Dutch team member, it refuses it to me saying i already have the 5 DL completed, we tried to find a way to pay again for the pack with my Asayyeah account : no possibility it only says : please desactivate your psp to this account if you want to Dl again one time ... : that makes no sense i want to pay for the pack again to offer them to whoever i want but NOT, grrr
So in the Usa , Al's nephew created me another account through ps store with a different email adress i put my credit card on it and i offered to 5 North american friends, At toronto i wanted to do the same with another account created but this time i simply couldn't , at Jay's flat we tried everything but it refused working.
Back to France i have the surprise not to have anymore the packs, and i can't DL it again on the 3 accounts i created ...
That drives me nuts:robot

Frances_Penfold
14th May 2008, 01:34 PM
Ah, I understand!

Ouch, that is like the definition of a broken digital rights management mechanism-- first you are screwed by effectively loosing your five downloads-- and then, when you are willing to spend some money to re-buy the content, you are not allowed :(

Sausehuhn
14th May 2008, 01:42 PM
The game should have cost 55 Euros and the packs for free. Definitely.

Mad-Ice
14th May 2008, 08:17 PM
Tonight I downloaded the Patapon demo again, but with the playstationstore account of DjManiac. Immediately all the packs of Pulse were working again. Yihaa, I am so happy it is working:g

I think it is so stupid that we can only asign one playstationstore account to a PSP or PS3.

Darkdrium777
15th May 2008, 12:10 AM
For a PS3, five accounts, for a PSP, one.
But yeah, it's stupid.

Frances_Penfold
16th May 2008, 02:40 AM
Another Thursday, new updates for the Playstation store, no DLC available in North America for Wipeout Pulse :(

Was looking through the various stuff that can be purchased-- is there any DLC available for the PSP at all in North America? I don't think there is even a heading in the store for purchasing DLC to support UMD games... or maybe I am just missing something.

JABBERJAW
16th May 2008, 03:11 AM
I don't think we are going to get anything. Very bad indeed. If they are working on it, certainly they could drop a nice line on here saying, hey we are trying to make it work really nice, but nothing. I don't see why there would be a problem saying, hey, we are working on the content, and it will be available in a month or so. Why so secretive? Not to mention, why no release date or hype or anything for wipeout hd? It's going to sell like S@##$$ without the advertising. Sure, I might buy all 45 different versions of it, but noone else will give it a second look, especially without a demo for people to try. I'm sure if a demo comes out, it will be vector(venom actually, which is the new vector). Makes absolutely no sense to me. Wouldn't you want your fan base to build up your game word of mouth, rather than bitch about "where is it" "where are the downloads" "is there going to be a demo" and "when is it coming out". Every excellent selling game's release date is known months in advance.

packetmon
16th May 2008, 03:19 AM
this sucks fatguy ass
:turd:turd:turd:turd:turd:turd:turd:turd:turd

jklasdf
16th May 2008, 01:12 PM
japperjaw is right. this is no way to treat loyal fans. we have as much of a right to get the download packs as the Europian fanbase. Wipeout is practically the only game i ever play anymore, and i would be completely willing to pay for anything new they release, as r thousands of other people, im sure. It's bad enough we have to deal with their sloppy online interface, the least they could do is tell us they're not releasing the dp's. at least that way i could stop checking all the time and focus on other things.

they need to stop wasting everyone's time. there's a difference b/w building anticipation and pissing everyone off.

Rubix42
16th May 2008, 02:32 PM
I too am a bit bummed that I cannot purchase the new ships and tracks here in the US.

However, in SL's defense, Pulse is not exactly a best seller, and perhaps Sony doesn't believe that offering the packs here is worth the cost of updating them for the US store. We may be in the minority in this regard.

Lance
16th May 2008, 07:37 PM
this sucks fatguy ass

ew. Now thAt was truly grotesque.

RJ O'Connell
17th May 2008, 03:55 PM
Pulse is not exactly a best seller, and perhaps Sony doesn't believe that offering the packs here is worth the cost of updating them for the US store. We may be in the minority in this regard.
Then I should request that users like myself, who paid extra to buy the game three months early from Australia, should be able to purchase the DLC from the Euro store.

****, I'd be happy to wire someone the money if I can find a way how to, now that I have money in the bank. I just don't think I should be punished for residing in a part of the world that considers Wipeout games to be absolutely irrelevant.

Especially when my family paid an extra $15 than what it's being sold in stores here. That alone should pay for the extra content. :/

defor
23rd May 2008, 05:01 PM
Considering the US box says downloadable content as a feature on the us version, I think it'd be very odd for Sony not to deliver on the promise.

Kansas
29th May 2008, 11:32 PM
what the Hell? Still no DL packs? This is really stupid.

RJ O'Connell
30th May 2008, 04:04 AM
We've now officially waited longer than the EU/AU players for downloadable content. This is now officially a ****ing joke.

packetmon
31st May 2008, 12:46 AM
:turd:turd:turd
:turd:bomb:turd
:turd:turd:turd

Avenger2197
31st May 2008, 04:19 AM
I have to admit I am dissapointed. I feel as though, by the time these packs are available(in US), everyone who has played Pulse will have moved on/forgotten about them. It's a REAL downer.:( Tsk tsk, Sony, tsk tsk:naughty

But I know very little about economics, so it's not like many of us didn't see this coming.

Darkdrium777
31st May 2008, 05:53 AM
I agree with packetmon.

Triangul-r
31st May 2008, 11:53 PM
Anyone know if they were inclueded in the future ps2 adaptation?

Kansas
15th June 2008, 08:54 AM
major, major disappointment. horrible.

HISHO[JP]
15th June 2008, 10:20 AM
Aka-sho succeeded buying US Pure on US PS store (http://plaza.rakuten.co.jp/wipeout/diary/200806140000/)!
with this service (http://www.xtremeps3.com/guides.php?act=guide&id=14).

But it doesn't work for EU PS store yet...

This method has been confirmed in working for the US, Hong Kong and Japanese PlayStation Stores.

However, this service can be expected.
This may be the last hope to get Pulse DLCs.

But if we can import EU PSN pre-paid card(PlayStation Network Card), we don't have to use this...

packetmon
17th June 2008, 05:49 PM
can't do entropay or wirecard from the US.

its been over four months...
sorry, but no arrangement of shite-icons can express what i'm feeling anymore.

lunar
17th June 2008, 06:26 PM
I do feel for you US players. It can`t be that expensive and difficult to put the DLC on the US store - surely the infrastructure exists to do this without too much fuss and it would make some profit. Maybe it`ll come, but seems less and less likely with time :(

Darkdrium777
17th June 2008, 08:35 PM
The packs are a lie!

Lance
17th June 2008, 08:39 PM
One does begin to wonder if that might actually be true.

jklasdf
18th June 2008, 12:58 PM
i've given up. i'm not checking anymore. i'll know if they release it when i check the store and they're there. i'm tired of wondering an waiting. i'm not gonna think about it anymore, and neither should neone else.

omega329
18th June 2008, 07:00 PM
Agreed, wise words, wise words, let people just continue with their lives, enjoying what really matters.

@jklasdf I've been to where you live!

Darkdrium777
18th June 2008, 09:28 PM
IMO the Pulse DLC packs are incrementally getting closer to Duke Nukem Forever's "longest in development" status. Seriously, they were already in English for the UK, so why can't they just slap them on to the US store? It's not like color/colour matters now, and who cares if there's German or Spanish or Deutsch included with them? :?

RJ O'Connell
18th June 2008, 09:55 PM
^ I wouldn't even compare this delay to Duke Nukem Forever.

That game has been a work in progress for TEN YEARS.

[/offtopic]

Darkdrium777
18th June 2008, 10:43 PM
You want long? Consider Limbo of the Lost. Originally planned for the Amiga, it was going to be released this year on PC until gamers across the world started spotting content stolen from movies such as Spawn and the Pirates of the Caribbean, and from games like Thief, Oblivion, Unreal Tournament, Painkiller and probably many others. ^^

Here's a wiki (http://lotl.wikia.com/wiki/Limbo_of_the_Lost_Wiki) about it xD

It's even funnier when the abbreviation for that game is LotL, close to LOL. :g

jklasdf
19th June 2008, 01:04 PM
omega329: really?!?! awesome!!! wen??

omega329
19th June 2008, 06:37 PM
Of course, it could be a form of damage reduction, go back to page 10/11 and read all the hate about the pricing, if they release the DLC in the US at a much lower price, the european fan community will be outraged, if they release it at the same price as in europe, they face a backlash from the american community, it's a lose-lose situation.
A less likely situation is that they just forgot about them, if we just send SCEA LOADS of e-mails asking for the pulse DLC to be relased in america, maybe somthing will happen.

LotL: Laughing out terribly loud ;)

@jklasdf: Couple of years ago, stayed near St Thomas, Really freindly people round there, in fact, the whole of Ontario was nice and freindly...