PDA

View Full Version : sponsored ships/tracks/packs

jacen
23rd December 2007, 09:39 AM
what companies would you like to see as sponsor for new content?
how about montain dew?
or pepsi?

btw: would ingame advertising out of the box have been too much of an effort? because wipeout is one of the few games where it actually blends in perfectly.

Neverdown
23rd December 2007, 09:44 AM
NfS ProStreet has CocaCola Zero advertising. They've put a CocaColaZero-Tuned Golf GTi in. Would be great if Pepsi would make a PepsiLemon FEISAR. :D

Sausehuhn
23rd December 2007, 09:46 AM
No. Never. Ever.

When I look at Pure and see how they've overdone it - please never again!
If they do it the same way it was done from WO2097 to WOF then I'm ok with it.

swift killer
23rd December 2007, 11:13 AM
NfS ProStreet has CocaCola Zero advertising. They've put a CocaColaZero-Tuned Golf GTi in. Would be great if Pepsi would make a PepsiLemon FEISAR. :D

No! Keep that away from WipEout, it's over the top and it's only something that cashcows like EA would think of doing. However, I would'nt mind a CocaCola pack in WipEout again, the graphic design that they've pulled out in recent years is amazing, look at TheM5 project, all the contributions from our old friends The Designers Republic.

Fascia
23rd December 2007, 11:25 AM
...redbull

Who else?

Sausehuhn
23rd December 2007, 11:40 AM
In our modern world, sponsering always ends like this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v730/GallagherKnight/item_img_05-1.gif

Tracks also look really... erm... yes... "nice" (http://uk.geocities.com/ce_hellfire/coke1.jpg).

I think I do not have to comment about my opinion.

Amaru
23rd December 2007, 11:42 AM
Sanrio (Hello Kitty & co.)! XD

Chrono
23rd December 2007, 11:42 AM
No one can be bad about product placement as EA. If it's tastefully done, and doesn't become obnoxious, then I encourage the developers to try to get those extra bucks...just not like EA...PLease...

swift killer
23rd December 2007, 11:48 AM

Tracks also look really... erm... yes... "nice" (http://uk.geocities.com/ce_hellfire/coke1.jpg).

I think I do not have to comment about my opinion.

LOL, that's a little over the top! Does resemble AG-SYS...
...*thinks*..... *runs to the ship editor*

G'Kyl
23rd December 2007, 11:50 AM

LOL! Wonderfully hilarious. :) Seriously though, I guess I could live with a few ads thrown in here and there as long as they don't ever do the Coke thing again. Red Bull was fine, even cool!, so... why not?

Ben

swift killer
23rd December 2007, 11:57 AM
I laugh if banners and signs for this website pop up in the game.

Hyper Shadow
23rd December 2007, 12:09 PM
Subtle sponsorship would add to the atmosphere, but racing a coke bottle around a track that has the logo on every pixel is just ridiculous.

I thought the Puma packs were quite well done, they fit in quite nicely and didn't ruin the games atmosphere.

I think subtlety is the order of the day with reguards to this.

Dogg Thang
23rd December 2007, 12:27 PM
Nothing better than people trying to sell you stuff while playing games, eh?

Egg
23rd December 2007, 01:07 PM

Christ. I'd forgotten about that. Or tried to forget.

I am so very, very sorry.

Task
23rd December 2007, 02:22 PM
They made _you_ create that monstrosity Egg? That artless lump of product placement? Did they strap you down? Bamboo shoots under the fingernails? Force you to listen to old New Kids On The Block albums? *shudders*

Neverdown
23rd December 2007, 02:26 PM
Some real-life ads would be great for realism. Think of AG-racing as a future race-sport. I would expect it to be expensive. So, you must advertise to keep the league running.

zargz
23rd December 2007, 02:36 PM
what companies would you like to see as sponsor for new content?Puma :D
gotta love their simple logo.

swift killer
23rd December 2007, 03:06 PM
Christ. I'd forgotten about that. Or tried to forget.

I am so very, very sorry.

You're responsible for that? LOL

I'd rather see companies which are known for their graphic design, all WipEout games (other than Fusion) have been shere graphic design perfection, I probably would not be doing graphics if it was'nt for WipEout. :D

Egg
23rd December 2007, 04:13 PM
They made _you_ create that monstrosity Egg?
Nasty, innit. When they said "A Coke bottle ship, please!", I designed a load of oddities, including a bottle which unfolded like a Transformer, sprouting wings and so on. The Coke people hated them all. "No, no, no. A Coke bottle!" And they ended up designing it themselves. Well, I say 'designing' ...

Rapier Racer
23rd December 2007, 05:38 PM
At leas that coke thing makes good cannon fodder.

Red Bull!! It's sort of relevant and was well done in 2097, I'd fly a Red Bull ship around oh yes, hey wait! I've just had a most marvelous idea!...

RJ O'Connell
24th December 2007, 06:29 PM
Red Bull coming back would make sense - seeing as they are now involved in every single form of motorsport that matters today. The thing is, will they?

As long as it's done tastefully, I have no problem with real-life companies having a few billboards on the trackside. But nothing over the top like the coke bottle. O.O;

Lance
24th December 2007, 08:16 PM
I like to think that matter replicators that can make anything [!] to a pattern held in computer memory would have eliminated the old-fashioned economics and capitalism and therefore advertising. People would only work to fulfill their creative desires. Very like the human universe of Star Trek: The Next Generation.

So.. no. No advertising. Ever. It's an abomination.

Asayyeah
25th December 2007, 02:48 AM
Red Bull!! It's sort of relevant and was well done in 2097, I'd fly a Red Bull ship around oh yes, hey wait! I've just had a most marvelous idea!...
Now we know where you are and what you are doing ... skin ship editor RR :D