PDA

View Full Version : Is HI-Fummi as hard as i think?

Sparta(Assegai)
25th June 2002, 06:10 AM
does anyone else have a hard time with Hi-Fuumi or is it just me?
what about PMar Project? i think those 2 are by far the hardest tracks

Vasudeva
25th June 2002, 09:22 AM
HI-Fumii difficult? Nah. It tries hard to look difficult, but it isn't. The only tricky spot is the narrow straight which ends in a venomous corner that needs to be taken with more brake force than it appears at first sight (well, depends on what craft you're flying with of course).

P-Mar Project has two problems... The green tunnel in the middle of the track right before the big jump (which you can boost all the way through) has a few corners which are nigh impossible to take at a reasonable speed with Qirex or Icaras on Rapier or Phantom class. The second problem is that your shields are depleted fairly easily, and that the pit is short. I think the tip is not to waste too much boost energy on the second jump; it isn't worth the effort.

Peace,
V.

infoxicated
25th June 2002, 10:01 AM
Hi Fumii is a pretty tough track, I reckon - it's not quite up there with Stanza Inter, but it is tricky in its own way. I think the 100 degree right hander before the back straights is one of the toughest corners in the game.

The narrow straight before the penultimate corner is pretty annoying if you're having an inaccurate day!

Over all, I'd say it's one of the more technically challenging tracks - it does take a fair bit of concentration to reel off several good laps there.

Maybe we should have a Hi-Fumii/Pmar Project challenge of some nature to bring these often overlooked tracks into the spotlight. It worked for Mega Mall earlier in the year... :)

Sven
25th June 2002, 02:54 PM
heheh, all the tracks (except some prototypes) seem easy now that I know how to use airbrakes =)

FoxZero
25th June 2002, 04:47 PM
i find pmar way harder than stanza inter. hi fumii is not so bad once you get used to it, and its harder than stanza inter too. i guess i am biased though, cuz i think stanza inter is easy :roll:

i think youre right about pmar though, sparta. as in most difficult..

Sparta(Assegai)
25th June 2002, 05:26 PM
the part after the first jump, right after the green tunnel.. the serpentine pattern is impossible i think.. the quick left right left is so hard to get through.. ive never gotten a perfect lap on pmar, not even on vector, and i can do that on every other track

xEik
25th June 2002, 06:45 PM
The hardest point in the game IMHO is the big fall in LS4 prototype before the last curve. Steering while trying to keep the ship nose down is so hard. I almost always hit the wall there. :( :x

Vasudeva
25th June 2002, 06:53 PM
@Infox

Well, I had been thinking along the lines of a Sampa Run challenge myself. Like P-Mar, it appears to be a rather unpopular track, because at least in SE I appear to lead a large part of the time tables, but I'm not sure if it makes me good or not, since not many people have entered their times.

Peace,
V.

Vasudeva
25th June 2002, 06:54 PM
"I appear to lead a large part of the time tables"

By this sentence I mean only in PMar and Sampa Run.

V.

Lance
25th June 2002, 09:11 PM
hi-fumii has 4 tricky bits: 1, the bend at the start where you can lose time because of the traffic, 2, that damned tunnel with the hard wall left of the entrance plus the sharp bend in the middle followed by the hard left turn. this section is the one that will cost you the most time if not driven cleanly. 3, the very hard right. this bit is the one that will probably cost the least time from a mistake. 4, the extremely narrow tunnel that comes while you are going at very high speed and which is followed by a hard left if you're going to catch the boost pad at the inside of the corner. rather than scraping the outside. if you have otherwise driven the track well, but you make a mistake here, you will have a very long time down that long straight to consider what this is doing to you racetime

zargz
26th June 2002, 03:02 AM
sparta: .. it's just u .. :)

vasudeva: on SR u mean the TT times i suposse ..

Vasudeva
26th June 2002, 03:35 PM
ummm yeaaah :oops:

V.