PDA

View Full Version : Still No Announcement in Japan...

HISHO[JP]
23rd December 2007, 09:16 AM
This is my first post.:banzai

Pulse was released in EU, it will be released in US.
But...
SCEJ(SCE Japan) has no announcement about Pulse yet....

SCEJ's games list of sale schedule (Sorry, Japanese page) (http://www.jp.playstation.com/scej/title/list/list_pre.html)
You won't find any "Wipeout Pulse" name.

A lot of Japanese "Wipers(Wipeout fans)" are waiting for Pulse!
Are there any problems to release in Japan?
(Some Wipeout titles are already "lost" in Japan, such as FUSION.)

(I'm one of Japanese Wipers, so some English may be wrong...)

infoxicated
23rd December 2007, 09:24 AM
Hi Hisho - welcome to the site. :)

Sorry, but as far as I know there wont be a Japanese version - that could change if the game does well in other territories, but right now there are no plans to release in Japan.

Dogg Thang
23rd December 2007, 09:28 AM
Wow, that's a surprise. Did Pure perform really badly there? I'm surprised as it seemed quite a bit of effort went into the Japanese version with things like the Wire 05 pack and the (nasty but probably lucrative) Coke packs.

It's probably a good thing that the Japanese were spared Fusion but they'd be missing out if Pulse didn't make it there.

jacen
23rd December 2007, 09:33 AM
uhm ... are the coke packs compatible with the international version? i'd really like to extend my gold medal count in pure -_-

stin
23rd December 2007, 09:54 AM
jacen, The answer is no, just Japanese's version only, which I have ;), in Pure I mean.

stevie:)

Dogg Thang
23rd December 2007, 10:31 AM
You're better off, Jacen. I put the Coke pack on my JP Pure and went blind for a month. I still have nightmares about it.

zargz
23rd December 2007, 02:26 PM
;76012']This is my first post.:banzai

Pulse was released in EU, it will be released in US.
But...
SCEJ(SCE Japan) has no announcement about Pulse yet....

I think you should import it from europe.
all Pulse versions are compatible so you can join us on the online games!

welcome to the wipeoutzone! :)

HISHO[JP]
23rd December 2007, 03:58 PM
SCEE Studio Liverpool has finally deserted Japan...?:mad:
(Maybe Wipeout HD is same.)

So Japanese language is not supported in wipeoutpulse.com,
wipeouthd.com, and wipeout-game.com...?

I think you should import it from europe.
all Pulse versions are compatible so you can join us on the online games!

I heard that Japanese PSN account does not work,
required EU account just like demo version of Pulse in Playstation Store....

Added in 3:12 AM JST(GMT+9h)
SCEJ is so lier...
In Pure, SCEJ didn't write about any team info, histories and words about F9000 written in wipeout-pure.com.

New info, I heard that Japanese PSN account works.

But I have another worries...
SCEJ has ever removed Infrastructure multiplay features until "minna-no golf portable2" was released.
Japanese Motor Storm (PS3,Racing game by SCEE) 's online multiplayer can battle against Japanese only.
Will Japanese language be supported in official websites someday...?

Colin Berry
23rd December 2007, 04:10 PM
the decision lies with Sony Japan, not Sony Europe or Studio Liverpool

We'd love it to be released in Japan. Currently though sony japan do not seem to want it on their schedule.

:(

stin
23rd December 2007, 04:35 PM
Interesting!, I thought Sony`s company known as a whole!, so, I was wrong!

stevie:redface:

BARTgai
23rd December 2007, 05:00 PM
;76090']
I heard that Japanese PSN account does not work,
required EU account just like demo version of Pulse in Playstation Store....

wait, wat? you mean i cant play pulse online with my NA account? :mad:

Dogg Thang
23rd December 2007, 05:05 PM
What's to stop you registering from another country?

BARTgai
23rd December 2007, 05:06 PM
you are required to put an adress in, i cant just make one up in the UK lol

Frances_Penfold
23rd December 2007, 05:11 PM
Wow, I am surprised that Sony Japan wouldn't want to release this-- very little localization would seem necessary :(

;76090']I heard that Japanese PSN account does not work, required EU account just like demo version of Pulse in Playstation Store....

I can report that my North American PSN account DOES work with the PAL version of Wipeout Pulse-- so maybe your JPN account would as well? Also, as Dogg says, you can create a PSN account in another region (PAL or NA) if you needed to.

Did Pure perform really badly there?

JPN sales are pretty transparent thanks to Media Create and other groups that track sales in Asia-- last time I checked one of the gear-head threads about PSP sales over at Neogaf, it was estimated that Wipeout Pure sold around 300,000 or so in Japan? Not bad at all-- with the apparent abandonment of the F-zero franchise, one might think that Pulse would stand to have even more sales than Pure.

Edit... no, sales were closer to 30,000 than 300,000-- so surprisingly low for a high-end game that was a million seller across all territories :(
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=177723

Hail Seizure
23rd December 2007, 10:08 PM

Why not?

Frances_Penfold
23rd December 2007, 11:37 PM

Check out the following thread on the IGN PSP forum-- apparently it's pretty straightforward (and legitimate) to create a PSN account in another region. There are some caveats, in particular, that it can change your PSP's assigned account. Chakoo is a PSP developer and Nix is an editor at IGN, both of them know their stuff :)

http://boards.ign.com/psp_general_board/b7159/155524380/p1/?12

wait, wat? you mean i cant play pulse online with my NA account? :mad:

I can absolutely confirm that you CAN do this-- I have played online and also have uploaded my times and stats to the Wipeout servers, and I am a North American resident and have a North American PSN account :)

BARTgai
24th December 2007, 03:00 AM
oh thank god lol.

i feel much better now. :D

HISHO[JP]
24th December 2007, 04:18 AM
Maybe some people don't see this edit so I quote it here...

;76090']
Added in 3:12 AM JST(GMT+9h)
SCEJ is so lier...
In Pure, SCEJ didn't write about any team info, histories and words about F9000 written in wipeout-pure.com.

New info, I heard that Japanese PSN account works.

But I have another worries...
SCEJ has ever removed Infrastructure multiplay features until "minna-no golf portable2" was released.
Japanese Motor Storm (PS3,Racing game by SCEE) 's online multiplayer can battle against Japanese only.
Will Japanese language be supported in official websites someday...?

But "Need EU account to play demo version on PS Store" is true...

One good news, a owner of the japanese fansite linked from wipeoutzone (http://www.geocities.co.jp/SiliconValley-SanJose/7230/wipeout/) got EU version of Pulse (http://plaza.rakuten.co.jp/wipeout/).
(But I'll wait for Japanese version.)

zargz
24th December 2007, 04:34 AM
Let's hope it will come soon! :+

Frances_Penfold
24th December 2007, 04:43 AM
Indeed-- hopefully you can soon get a copy of the game one way or the other, Hisho :)

Let us know if there's any additional information that we can provide.

:beer

HISHO[JP]
16th January 2008, 02:24 PM
Will it take a longer time than US version...?

Now January, 2008. SCE Japan does not list (http://www.jp.playstation.com/scej/title/list/list_pre.html) Pulse, yet...

Edit:
I know release date of US version, of course.
But currently, official websites(*1) have no Japanese(language) support...

(*1):wipeout-game.com (important), wipeoutpulse.com, and wipeouthd.com

zargz
16th January 2008, 02:28 PM
as far as I know us release is set for february.

MarcoM
16th January 2008, 02:50 PM
I hope you Japanese folks get this game. I mean, I cannot see a reason why this game wouldn't sell good enough. It's top a quality.

Frances_Penfold
17th January 2008, 02:19 AM
Sales of Wipeout Pure in JPN may explain it....

Read this thread at Neogaf for estimates of PSP game sales to date:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=177723

These are estimates based on weekly reports from Media Create and other sources... the values are not perfect, but widely regarded by industry watchers as being pretty darn close.

"22,455 Wipeout Pure (Sony) (4/7/05) - through Dec 25/05"

Not so great. Wipeout Pure was > a million seller worldwide, but only a fraction of sales came from Japan.

Still, given the small amount of localization that would seem to be required, it would seem worth the effort? It's definitely a fantastic game!!! :)

Ash-Omen
18th January 2008, 06:30 PM
hmmm this is stupid considering japan is were the psp sells best, psp is huge in japan so why would they not release the best psp game too date there
although i know japaneise gamers r very fussy, they hate Xbox 360 lol

Cloudwind23
18th January 2008, 07:12 PM
The wipeout logo on wipeout-game.com has got an Japanese translation under it. They wouldn't translate it for fun would they..

At least the game would make a lot of AG-system fans over there ;)

HISHO[JP]
8th February 2008, 02:14 PM
Fatal thing for JP users who bought EU Pulse happened!!

JP users cannot buy any download packs on EU Playstation Store!
(Aka-sho's blog (http://plaza.rakuten.co.jp/wipeout/diary/200802080000/))

VISA card -> Error
WTF?

JP Pulse must be released soon!
But no Pulse on the list (http://www.jp.playstation.com/scej/title/list/list_pre.html)...

Medusa
8th February 2008, 04:46 PM
:O That truly sucks!!!! I wonder if the N. Americans who imported Pulse can download the new packs? Or is it just the Japanese who have to suffer?

defor
8th February 2008, 04:53 PM
hm, no japanese pulse, but asian release?
UCAS-40179 released yesterday or today?
http://www.sonystyle.com.hk/ss/product/psp/ucas_40179_e.jsp

Frances_Penfold
8th February 2008, 05:12 PM
:O That truly sucks!!!! I wonder if the N. Americans who imported Pulse can download the new packs? Or is it just the Japanese who have to suffer?

You can create a European PSN account but for the credit card bit-- my understanding is that you would need a European card. So I'm not sure where this leaves us...

Lion
8th February 2008, 07:35 PM
if the EU vs NA thing is anything to go by... Visa cards are regionalised much more stringently than MasterCards
one of the guys I work with was able to put his mastercard info into PSN to buy some games from NA before they hit the EU store. Maybe the same applies to people in japan wanting to use other PSN stores?
failing that, there's services like Entropay (http://www.entropay.com) that might be of use

HISHO[JP]
12th February 2008, 10:02 AM
It's Feb 12.
Pulse is released in US.

The next country where Pulse is released is.....

do you know of course, Mr Colin?

First of all, please clarify the release date... :(

HISHO[JP]
14th February 2008, 04:17 AM
> the rest of the world (except Japan)
It's very sad... :bomb

Sausehuhn
14th February 2008, 11:43 AM
Well, probably you just have to forget about a Japan release, because it seems like it's not going to be released in near future. :?
So I ask you: why don't you just import it?

HISHO[JP]
14th February 2008, 01:05 PM
why don't you just import it?

Because I believe...

the decision lies with Sony Japan, not Sony Europe or Studio Liverpool

We'd love it to be released in Japan. Currently though sony japan do not seem to want it on their schedule.

this.

And DLC.
Now Japanese players can't buy or download EU DLC.

So I'll keep using this thread until Pulse is announced in Japan. :banzai

Dogg Thang
14th February 2008, 01:13 PM
Doesn't look like there'll be news any time soon though if Colin's comment is anything to go by. And it may never happen. You may have to cave and import it.

infoxicated
14th February 2008, 02:15 PM
;81924']So I'll keep using this thread until Pulse is announced in Japan. :banzai
Honestly, tell me, how many people do you think there are in Sony Computer Entertainment Japan's HQ that are reading this site and this thread? :?

Colin Berry
14th February 2008, 03:19 PM
If Sony Japan wanted Pulse, they'd have taken it and released it

one day they may change their mind, but I doubt it

wich
14th February 2008, 03:37 PM
Hisho, I'd recommend contacting SCEJ about this, and have friends do this as well if they want to see Pulse released in Japan. They might take some notice if enough people asked them about it.

Flashback Jack
14th February 2008, 03:50 PM
Petitions work. I know this firsthand, as once upon a time I was among thousands of fans begging Warner Brothers for all five seasons of La Femme Nikita to be released on DVD (got 'em all finally).

Hisho, find a petition website and encourage all your nihonjin friends to participate in signing it. Clearly Sony Japan fails to realize that the Wipeout franchise amounts to a set of killer apps on the PSP platform -- people buy PSPs for games like this.

- F

Frances_Penfold
14th February 2008, 04:51 PM
I definitely think it's worth petitioning, if only for your sanity and peace of mind :)

My understanding is that JPN sales of Wipeout Pure were really, really low, I am not surprised that SCEJ is apathetic.

This happens all the time in reverse-- Nintendo and Sony keep many RPG and platformer franchises in JPN that I and other people would love to play-- but the companies think that localization and publishing isn't worth the effort. Look at Earthbound (Mother)-- that is a game with INCREDIBLY loyal fans, they actually created a book of original drawings that were inspired by the game, petitioned heavily, met with Nintendo Power people-- just to get Mother 3 (GBA) localized to North America. And nothing has happened, as far as I am aware.

Sorry, Hisho-- I really do hope the game is released in JPN, or at least, that the DLC will work with it...

Lance
14th February 2008, 05:16 PM
It might be worth the effort to petition, though there is always the possibility that it might be difficult to make a petition visible to someone in a Lexus with very heavily tinted windows. Especially if he's reading a spreadsheet on his laptop.

HISHO[JP]
23rd February 2008, 12:26 PM
Fatal thing for JP users who bought US Pulse happened!!

Aka-sho tried to buy US Wipeout Pure with Master card...
But,(Aka-sho's blog (http://plaza.rakuten.co.jp/wipeout/diary/200802230000/))

After inputing adress... Error
Only one hope to get Pulse DLC was gone...

Edit: Aka-sho tried to buy Pure on PSS, but failed....

Frances_Penfold
23rd February 2008, 01:26 PM
Was the credit card based in PAL territories? I think that the address of the card needs to match the region of the Playstation Store that you are accessing...

Edit: How is anybody getting U.S. DLC? It isn't even released yet, is it?

HISHO[JP]
24th February 2008, 09:39 AM
I updated my 43rd post in this thread (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showpost.php?p=82776&postcount=43).

Only one hope to get Pulse DLC was really gone...

WTF!

P.S
Studio Liverpool can't offer the release of Pulse to Sony Japan, can you?

Egg
24th February 2008, 11:45 AM
Sadly, we just make the games, not the international marketing decisions :(

Lance
24th February 2008, 09:38 PM
I think that the Toyota's engine is dead.

taqili
25th February 2008, 02:34 AM
Well, I live in Changwon, South Korea and I see Wipeout Pulse for sale here, but as you mentioned, there is no DLC.

It's so unfortunate..

tapioca
25th February 2008, 12:27 PM
Reminds me of what happened to Wipeout 3 Special Edition, which was released all over Europe but not in France because the sales for the standard edition (Wip3out) were too low…

HISHO[JP]
16th June 2009, 12:58 PM
http://www.jp.playstation.com/scej/title/list/list_pre.html
No plan for PS2 version in Japan, of course... :frown:

Harder to play PS2 version than PSP version because of region problem.

El_Patas
16th June 2009, 03:01 PM
Sorry about that, but if you can, is possible modify your Ps2 for play
imports in different ways.

Regards.

Sausehuhn
17th June 2009, 11:24 AM
Weren't there also CDs you can insert to emulate another region? Or was that PS1 only? Or is that wrong in general? :?

ACE-FLO
17th June 2009, 01:25 PM
I think it really does suck that the Japanese pilots cannot get this game in their region...

Region Specific games are more of a frustration to gamers than a solution - when will the "powers that be" recognize this?

NightArh
17th June 2009, 01:39 PM
Yeah it is enigma for general people... But Sony conducts its own policy. And all because of money

KIGO1987
17th June 2009, 01:42 PM
More of Sony's bizzare Marketing techniques. Im a bit lost on that, there Marketing structures ideas are becoming very dynamic these days.

ACE-FLO
17th June 2009, 01:49 PM
Dynamic? I don't think they even have a strategy - a strategy would be to ensure the game gets to those interested parties who actually want it - not to churn out excess copies of the game in one or two regions and only watch half of them sell - giving the game a bad per capita response rate....

However, I do think that Japanese Pilots have had a rough deal over the years regarding Wipeout releases, and imo - they deserve it more than half of us...

I can't see how SOny decided it wasnt viable for the Japanese market when Japan produces more futuristc anime then any other part of the world - Wipeout is at home in Japan....

I seem to recall the Giant "Hello Kitty" on Tokyo Tower in one of the earlier wipeouts (Wipeout 3 / 2097? cant remember) which adds weight to my point...

the fact that Sony have diecided to neglect its' flagship country and not give them this format sucks beyond belief.... very very hard!!!

rdmx
17th June 2009, 02:16 PM
Only thing I can possibly guess is that the costs for localisation would outweigh the profit to be made from selling in the Asia region :/

ACE-FLO
17th June 2009, 02:23 PM
I agree - but with a corporation like Sony, they could make people like it... They have some of the best ad/marketing campains ever produced running across the globe for their many thousands of products... some of which are absolutely useless - and still got bought, for example - their MP3 player, what a load of shyte!!! ipod rocked.... But people still went out and bought the Sony lol.

I think SOny have it wrong here - Japan is the home of Anime - where the whole "Mecha" genre is still rife - and ammassing more fans by the day. I for one - wholehaeartedly believe that these "Mecha" fans would love a wipeout - they just don't know what it is because Sony have not shown them yet... How butters is that!!!

NightArh
17th June 2009, 02:29 PM
I dont see any problems with localization... Even I can localize this game for free into russian in one day :lol There is no so much text in the game. BTW I saw only two games localized to Russian: LocoRoco and LocoRoco2 :lol

Cyberio
17th June 2009, 04:41 PM
I understand all japanese fans of Wipeout, is still the same for Europe, for many fans of japanese RPG's which games don't have a release in Europe, and another games like Yakuza 3, from Sega, title which will not have a release neither in USA, nor in Europe (and this an AAA one).

The future is (or it HAS TO be) the region-free. You import a game from USA and you play it in an European console.

El_Patas
18th June 2009, 12:43 PM
Weren't there also CDs you can insert to emulate another region? Or was that PS1 only? Or is that wrong in general? :?

You have three ways for modify the Ps2 and play imports.

1- Install a modchip in your console.

2- Buy and use the Swap Magic.

3- Install a hard disk if your Ps2 is the fat, not the slim. Need more things.

Try google if you never hear nothing about all this.

Regards.

AG-wolf
18th June 2009, 01:01 PM
3- Install a hard disk if your Ps2 is the fat, not the slim. Need more things.

You'd need the disc-based version of HD Loader or HD-Advance or something similar to do this... Japanese PS2 consoles can't be soft-modded like US and European ones. http://www.exploitstation.com has a lot of info on this.

El_Patas
18th June 2009, 03:45 PM
Where's anybody say's in the site of the link you can't install the
Free McBoot and the Hdloader in the memory card of japanese Ps2?

This soft runs in all the Ps2 of any region, because the Free McBoot
or the Independence compiler, are hacks for the memory cards's,
only don't works in the last Pstwo slims models appeared in the market.

Regards.

hn9354
1st July 2009, 01:15 AM
As one of the Japanese fans, there is news.

I imported Pulse of the PS2 version, and I'm playing Pulse by using Free McBoot.
Aka-sho and I'm playing in this method.

I strongly hope that Pulse is released in Japan!:o
(I'm one of the collectors who have the EU,US version of PSP.)