PDA

View Full Version : Wipeout-Game.com rankings tables

rageagainstgeorge
18th December 2007, 09:48 PM
Hi All

Thought i'd start a thread for discussion of the record tables on wipeout-game.com.

I'm mostly practicing at Moa Therma White Venom at the mo. Just getting to grips with the controls for now. I'm down to a 35.60 in a Pirahna. I've got no records in yet but i'm hoping to get a router this weekend and start uploading stats then.

I've noticed that there is a time at the top of the single race best lap rankings far ahead of anyone else on this track. Not wishing to accuse anyone of cheating but it is 10 secs faster than anyone else. How's this possible?

jacen
19th December 2007, 08:20 AM
I've noticed that there is a time at the top of the single race best lap rankings far ahead of anyone else on this track. ... How's this possible?
not many people have sendt in their stats. also, keep in mind that there are some track/speedclass combinations that don't occur in the singleplayer campaign at all. you have to do racebox races to get listed there and currently almost everyone is still finishing the campaign grid.

btw, what track are you referring to?

lunar
19th December 2007, 10:35 AM
Fair point, Jacen, it`s very early days, but if we look at Moa Therma White/Time trial/Best race/Venom the leader is clearly not playing fair :- Moa Therma is a nice simple track on Venom, you just don`t get 10 seconds on the names in the top 10 on a track like that in a slower ship.

It`s brilliant though that there are already 427 players on this particular page, and the top 12 are all WZ pilots. :rock

Dogg Thang
19th December 2007, 10:46 AM
On the main page of the site it mentions that inaccuracies are a known problem. It will be fixed -

"We are aware that there are inaccurate times being displayed in the Single Race / Best Race records table"

DjManiac21
19th December 2007, 02:30 PM
...the leader is clearly not playing fair :- Moa Therma is a nice simple track on Venom, you just don`t get 10 seconds on the names in the top 10 on a track like that in a slower ship...

That's a good point, I think it's possible to knock some seconds away by having a good race, with smart autopilots ;), but I just find it fishy in some way.
I didn't want to mention anything about this since I'm actually second behind that, and it would sound as if I was only bitching about it.

Anyways, as an example, try a Feisar and work Talons Junction record with Feisar, you will see how unreal it looks to have set a time like that, I'm not accusing of cheating, it's just eerie to get such great times so early in the game, keeping in mind that these records were set just a couple of days after the site was lunched.

Let's see, I just hope everything goes smoothly for everyone interested in Pulse, and hope to be wrong about that record :D

rageagainstgeorge
19th December 2007, 03:46 PM
This is why i didn't want to accuse anyone but it does look odd. I wasn't talking about the best race time btw. It's the fastest lap set in a race that in 10 secs faster.

I'm hoping that he is just incredibly good at the game and not a cheater. Maybe like Asayyeah 2097 good (found a shortcut maybe)

Lance
19th December 2007, 04:44 PM
I am ignorant about the PSP games since I don't have a PSP, but I still want to ask: Is it possible that a custom firmware could give anyone an advantage on pulse, since it presumably already runs at the best framerate possible?

Fascia
19th December 2007, 04:46 PM
If Custom Firmware is giving an advantage, it's not because of the framerate, I believe pulse uses the PSP maximum of 333mhz, unless I'm mistaken CFW isn't able to use higher frequences than the PSP's standard.

Edit: Sorry Lance! Force of habbit, I'm really trying to kick it.

rageagainstgeorge
19th December 2007, 04:53 PM
Pulse does use 333mhz which is the max. On custom firmware you could have other software running alongside the game, or possibly have ripped the UMD and tinkered with the files in the ISO. No idea if you could edit the files and get the game working again but it could be possible.

Lance
19th December 2007, 04:54 PM
Fascia: Stop quoting the post right ahead of your own. I sent you a PM about this days ago, and have edited the quote out of many of your subsequent posts with a note telling you to stop doing this sort of quoting and to read the forum guidelines. None of this has stopped you, so I'm putting this notice right here in public

Frances_Penfold
19th December 2007, 04:55 PM
I don't have a PSP

Wat?

Somebody get the man a PSP so he can play Pure and Pulse :)

swift killer
19th December 2007, 05:12 PM
Last time i looked at the rankings I was suprised to see someone was better than Assayeah (correct me if i spelt it wrong!).

Lance
19th December 2007, 05:25 PM
@FP: It doesn't matter that I don't have one; you guys would kill me in head-to-head racing. And anyway, I don't have broadband, nor wireless access. Too many higher priorities.

Flashback Jack
19th December 2007, 06:46 PM
Is it possible that a custom firmware could give anyone an advantage on pulse, since it presumably already runs at the best framerate possible?

Not outright I imagine, since large parts of the game in either case are loaded into RAM and fed through the PSP's processor from it. The difference if any is probably less than negligible so as to make no discernible difference aside from initial load times, considering the game loads from somewhere other than the UMD in the case of custom firmwares.

However, custom firmwares facilitate cheating through a certain piece of homebrew software and codes that could yield all sorts of ugliness, like unlimited autopilot, etc. Very unfortunate but true.

- F

Rapier Racer
19th December 2007, 07:15 PM
This sort of stuff is exactly what I expressed concern about some time ago before the game was out. The reason why I was hoping that Pulse tables would appear on the zone. As we can easily spot fake times or at least ask for some form of proof if some new guy comes along and sets hard to believe times with a Feisar. Lets hope the official tables get their issues sorted and don't end up loosing their credibility.

lunar
19th December 2007, 07:53 PM
I wonder if it would be possible to build security into a future firmware update, and somehow make that firmware compulsory for entering times on wipeout-game.com and for playing online.

Even if it is possible to cheat, I don`t think it`s necessarily a disaster. Cheats aren`t difficult to spot, and it just means a bit of human intervention would be required to keep the tables clean and weed them out. You could cheat your way from 500th to 50th, but who would care and who would bother? You could cheat yourself into massive leads but no-one would believe you.To cheat convincingly, beating the best honest pilots by just the right amount to appear believable could be such a difficult task that it might be more effort than the average cheat would be prepared to take on. The honest players, who are by far the majority, could just crack on with the racing.

stin
19th December 2007, 09:17 PM
I did check my Pulse`s records on my psp, but there is a problem:(, because, I just noticed three of Flash class records are wrong due ships exploded while racing and actually updated it! and I decided to test it, hopefully to prevent it, but does not work and stays there.
Just the same as Pure.

stevie

Edit I will need a new profile, so I can update new legal records. It`s the only way.

lunar
19th December 2007, 09:57 PM
Is it still only in multiplayer that this happens? If so we`ll just have to remember to reload our profiles when we quit and before the next save if we blow up in multiplayer. These times are fairly easy to pick out. If someone`s best race is less than 3 x best lap then it must be wrong.

stin
19th December 2007, 10:15 PM
Actually, it`s nothing to do with multiplayer and I do believe they don`t count. It`s a single race or Tournament, which is causes the main problems.

stevie:)

lunar
21st December 2007, 01:03 AM
Yes you`re right Stevie :( I`ve got Talons Junction White and De Konstruct white in Flash records with laps missing after eliminations in single player, and buggy low times. I`m not going to restart my profile every time I blow up. It means that single race records in Pulse are almost pointless :( Unless there`s a fix somehow, this is pretty much the only one thing I could find for the "things you hate" thread, a real shame.

Dogg Thang
21st December 2007, 09:54 AM
I don't have broadband, nor wireless access.

Lance, it's 2007, almost 2008! You're living in the past. Surely it's time you started looking at sorting this out?

bloseth
21st December 2007, 10:22 AM
It's a free world. I don't have a TV :robot

Frances_Penfold
21st December 2007, 02:12 PM
Apologies to distract from the conversation, but I'm wondering if somebody could help me with getting my records posted on the website, and I didn't want to start a new thread on this already-busy forum.

I have gone online successfully, and raced a multiplayer game last night. I have also logged in to the website from my laptop... but I find that my times are not updated on the website? I have a placeholder name but there are no actual times reported.

Do I need to do something special to authorize the synchronizing of my times? Or is it just a matter of waiting for the server to "catch up" and get my times uploaded?

Any insights would be appreciated :)

infoxicated
21st December 2007, 02:17 PM
If you've logged into the PlayStation Network via the WipEout-Game.com link in WipEout Pulse, then you need to go to "Upload Profile" in the My Account area.

From there you'll be prompted to run a plugin, and when you do that you can click on the button that says "upload profile".

After that it'll be ten minutes or so before the server processes your profile and posts your times on the rankings tables. Hope that helps. :)

jacen
21st December 2007, 02:34 PM
you have to access the website from WITHIN THE GAME just in case that didn't come across :)

Lance
21st December 2007, 02:42 PM
Lance, it's 2007, almost 2008! You're living in the past. Surely it's time you started looking at sorting this out?

I'm living in the present with insufficient money to pay the truly necessary bills. Everything else waits. There is always a reason that people do or do not do any particular thing.

And now, back to the topic, which if I recall after all this time, was the official rankings tables?

Frances_Penfold
21st December 2007, 02:53 PM
THANK YOU Foxxy and jacen-- I got it working now! Amazing to have an auto-updater for time trials after years of doing this by manual submission... I'm really glad this was implemented for Pulse :)

My best lap times are in Venom, for Metropia White (now ranked 6th) and Arc Prime White (now ranked 10th).

Most of my other times suck though-- time to get to work! ;)

rageagainstgeorge
21st December 2007, 03:19 PM
I'm now online so i've uploaded my records. I'm down as damonhill0. I'm well chuffed at being third in the Moa Therma white speed lap rankings. It's the only track i've actually practiced at!

Asayyeah
21st December 2007, 03:21 PM
Precisely Lance :)
Sadly i also got wrong entries into my profile : i have checked Phantom SR and got 4 fake scores ( my 2 beloved Tech de Ra, arc prime white & Basilico black ) that has happended to me into Tournaments like Stevie.

Last night i asked RR to send me his profile : he has unlocked phantom and got clean SR phantom, rapier, venom lines but 3 wrong datas for flash. As we can change the name of the profile, initials i thought it was a good idea to search for a clean one. Then store it into pc with regular record updates to keep it clean and be able to upload properly into the site.

I don't really want to build myself another clean profile maybe i shall go on with RR's one or if someone can send me his profile if it's 100% clean ( no need to have the 236 events done, only right after the final outpost 7 black unlocking : check your records and watch if fake times).

I'd like to know if you advice me to make an update of my original crappy profile into wipeout-game or waiting to upload it that a solution is found by SL ( patch for the game to give us possibilitie to delete our own entries like we can do with our ghosts or SL just deleting from wipeout-game the fake datas)

I am confident SL will do everything possible to fix that annoying bug on our pal version or fix it definitely for the ntsc version.

On a side note zone mode rocks : after famous road 66 in usa there's an unknown trip of 11 min racing whity Moa therma called zone 66 :p

DjManiac21
21st December 2007, 03:40 PM
You.... fast dog! :mr-t

Congrats on that, I'm sure it's just the beggining ;)

Tomahawk
21st December 2007, 05:23 PM
I have the first fake times in my profile, too. On flash class its 3 single races where there's 1 or 2 laps missing and an absolute bogus race time. :( I hope that there'll be a fix for this problem released (maybe within one of the soon to come download packs ;) ) lateron.

zargz
21st December 2007, 05:34 PM
easiest would be to copy the Delete Data option from the TT mode. :nod

Tomahawk
23rd December 2007, 09:52 AM
I think I've found out some more information about the sr racetime bug in pulse. Last night I played the 12 race flash tournament on grid 10. All races went well (meaning I finished without getting destroyed) until I finally was eliminated while racing outpost 7. After that race I strangely got loyality points for four full laps, but I only managed to do two full laps and was blasted while doing my third. After the tour I looked at my records and voila - a wrong racetime with only two full laps (of four) done showed up. So my guess is, that the loyality points system was not implemented properly for tournament races... :bomb Whenever I finish a single race and get destroyed, I don't get any loyality points, even if I managed to finish a few laps of the race before getting eliminated.

stin
23rd December 2007, 10:02 AM
Ouch!, I do feel you mate. That is the reason why I had done that in a different way, when my ship is ready to explode and I quit the race right away to prevent it and that`s how I do it.

I`m still thinking to get another profile which the only way keeps it`s clean.

swift killer
29th December 2007, 06:40 PM
Just a few ideas for rankings, how about rankings for players who have eliminated the most online and GOT eliminated the most.

phl0w
30th December 2007, 09:14 PM
You can get eliminated the most AND win the most races. Also, the best racer doesn't necessarily have the highest elimination count. In the grand scheme of things it`s completely irrelevant from a competition's point of view.

What I'd like to see though is the option to upload ones profile from PC too. There are many people that hardly ever go online with their PSPs but maybe want to participate in the rankings too, what with there not being Pulse records on WOZ (yet?).

DjManiac21
1st January 2008, 03:49 PM
I just had a great TT session on The Amphiseum, setting a new phantom record.
Though it is unsettling that this has been done with a Feisar... :cold

For some reason it doesn't feel right :?

Anyways, back to TT.

lunar
2nd January 2008, 05:52 PM
Anyone know how the "Ranked" part of the official site works? The more times I upload, and the higher I get in the times tables, the lower my ranking gets. If you search for DjManiac21 you`ll see he`s surprisingly the "lowest" ranked before you get to only players with zero points. All the players you`d expect to be near him are also ranked in the same area, which makes me wonder if it`s all inverted somehow and DJM is infact the highest rated? I`m fairly sure it takes into account your times performances, but don`t know if online play is a factor.

zerojay
2nd January 2008, 05:58 PM
I think that's about right.

I'm not a great wiper... nowhere near as good as some of you here, but I've raced a LOT online.. I believe I've got about 330 races online and I've won about 50% of them... that might explain why I'm ranked somewhere near DJ. I remember when I first started playing, I played almost constantly online and I won nearly every race against less experienced pilots and it showed me with the least amount of points that was more than zero... so I suspect that yes, DJ is the number one racer right now and that it's a bug in the listing.

Otherwise, it just wouldn't make any sense.

phl0w
2nd January 2008, 06:43 PM
Time keeping for Basilico is screwed up between Black and White.
Since it's no Single Race issues, that apparently are workd on, I thought I mention it.

sakerbax
14th January 2008, 11:56 PM
What does it mean?
on wipeout-game's rankings board when you choose "ranked" as the gamemode

it'll give you the same result regardless of what speed or track you choose.. so i guess it's the ranking overall made by some average of your rank on all the tracks and modes but then why is my friend siniux who is still on grid 8 ranked as n.9 and kandang for example who is on first place of most boards doesn't even make the top 10?

Au_Xtr3me
15th January 2008, 12:11 AM
It measures your overall rank compared to everyone else.

I don't know how it's calculated but it seems that the best pilots are not where they should be. :-

tapioca
15th January 2008, 01:36 AM
I think it's related to the online multiplayer results (time spent, number of wins…)

Au_Xtr3me
15th January 2008, 06:10 AM
Really? I've done 4 online races and won all of them, and I'm ranked 194th of 1982 racers. As well as having 23140 points, and whenever I win new races or set new records online or single player, my score doesn't go anywhere.:?

Maybe its being tested and fixed or something. I know that KANDANG holds almost all the Phantom records but doesn't appear to be in the top 100.

SOMEBODY BETTER FIX THIS PROBLEM :mr-t

Asayyeah
15th January 2008, 05:23 PM
What does it mean?
on wipeout-game's rankings board when you choose "ranked" as the gamemode

Before asking questions and opening a thread which has been already created before, you should read the rules & guidelines of this site.

http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/announcement.php?f=22For others who posted after you: read previous Lunar's post

Mad-Ice
28th January 2008, 11:34 AM
The thing I found out in the record tables on wipeout-game.com is: Your fastest lap in a TT race is staying on the tables eventhough you have made a new better race time in TT with a less good lap time. I think this is not fair.

I think in TT the race time is more important then the fastest laptime in the race. Otherwise there is no need to have speedlap. I would like to see that if you are beating your fastest race time in TT without beating your fastest lap within this race you are able to loose your spot in the record tables for fastest lap in TT. Your new times in the race are updated together with your new lower laptime in that race.

Otherwise we all first are going to hotlap in a TT race. Get ourselves a real fast lap in a TT race, update our profile and then going for the race time.

I see some people doing this, because it is possible. I don’t think it is fair. TT race is about the fastest race time. If this is fixed in the record tables and still people hit their turbo on the end of a lap to carry their speed onto the next lap to get their really fast lap within their race time it is okay. Eventually it will be slower to do so.

What do you all think about this?

Asayyeah
28th January 2008, 11:49 AM
Interesting point here Mad, i haven't noticed that. So your fastest TT laptime will stay and possibly not corresponding to your fastest TT racetime.
I completely agree with you , they shall modify this cause it's a bit non-sense. Why adding a speed lap record then?
Or they just stay like Pure was : a racetime and a laptime ( including laps done in TT or in freelaps).

lunar
28th January 2008, 11:49 AM
agree completely, this has been bugging me too. Basically, it`s just a pain in the ass to have to "hotlap" in TT mode to get a good TT lap time, but some people will do it. Possible solutions for the future:

1. No TT lap records if we have Speed Lap records.
2. TT lap record is the best lap from your best race.
3. Use the Pure system, where we can use "freeplay" to set best TT lap time.
4. In TT, turbos are managed by the game so you cannot "double turbo" in a full time trial. This is probably not a practical possibility.

Mad-Ice
28th January 2008, 11:57 AM
Yes, look at Outpost 7 black TT race and TT fastest lap it is done with a different ship. KANDANG's times.

zargz
28th January 2008, 12:00 PM
1. No TT lap records if we have Speed Lap records.that would be the best solution. :+

Flashback Jack
28th January 2008, 01:15 PM
I think in TT the race time is more important then the fastest laptime in the race.

Curious. That's like saying the trees matter less than the forest.

Still, I personally favour laptimes over total race times, however as I hotlap around the various tracks, the natural result of my effort are fast racetimes -- I don't necessarily aim for them, but I'm not entirely surprised when I end up with a top time.

And Lunar, the good thing about hotlapping in TT mode versus Speed Lap mode is when you feel you aren't going to improve on your best lap, you can still try for a good racetime as a secondary goal. Can't do that in Speed Lap mode, which is why I personally switched over.

- F

Frances_Penfold
28th January 2008, 01:20 PM
I agree as well-- my preference would have been to have race records only under "Time Trials" and lap records only under "Speed Lap."

Well, my *real* preference would be to also have a free play mode that allowed me to play tracks uninterupted, and to set lap records... but I guess that's not going to happen.

Mad-Ice
28th January 2008, 02:13 PM
At Flashback Jack: I think you did not entirly understand what I am trying to say. Also I don't like it when you try to put my words down as if I say something stupid.

Second of all: Try to be modest, then other people have the opportunity to give you compliments. If you only uplift yourself and thinking that you are so good, other people can only put you down.

Greetz Mad-Ice

Flashback Jack
28th January 2008, 02:20 PM
Sigh.

I find myself participating less and less in things around here precisely for the above reason; one can never know who their friends are, and those that preach respect don't feel the need to reciprocate. That's the feeling I get anyway, but of course I can't say I'm surprised -- in a group setting these sorts of things are bound to happen at some point.

- F

Asayyeah
28th January 2008, 04:45 PM
cool down guys, we know that we are all different and have all various reasons to be here, but there's one main which unified us : our love for WipEout, never forget that.
I am the 1st to say i over-react from time to time on a comment which personnaly affects me ( we are all humans after all), few days later it's generally forgotten cause i know that is hard to change someone so i try to make abstraction of the bad parts to only take the good ones in consideration.

Moreover we are one life and wipeout is a niche game so we must have ALL talentous pilots staying here together.

Shall we go back on topic now ?

guillaume
28th January 2008, 05:24 PM
Thanks to Speed Lap mode, I don't see any real interest in lap times on Time Trials. I believe TTs are about consistency.
Imo SL could just get rid of lap times records set in TTs. In a way it makes Speed Lap lose its interest.
Plus setting new lap time records in TT is not as handy considering that you can only try every other lap (which gets me thinking, why 7 laps instead of 6, or 8?)

That's like saying the trees matter less than the forest.
Well ok, but why would you want to sprint during a marathon? ;)

CR4SH3D
28th January 2008, 07:59 PM
im having trouble with my records, there were there when i initially played a bit and uploaded them, but ive recently uploaded my profile again and now i have no records on the site :S whats going on?

my rankings are all "--/allracers"

Rapier Racer
28th January 2008, 08:04 PM
I think they're fixing it at the moment trying to remove bad times.

CR4SH3D
28th January 2008, 08:12 PM
ooooh cos its done that for days now, i was just wondering what was going on with it, cheers for clearing that up

Medusa
28th January 2008, 09:46 PM
"Your fastest lap in a TT race is staying on the tables even though you have made a new better race time in TT with a less good lap"

:| I don't see why that is a problem? I also don't understand why there has to be two different tables just for laps (TT and Speed Lap). Why not just merge them, who really cares which mode you were in when you set the record? Goal in Speed Lap Tables: Set fastest Lap. Goal in TT Lap Tables: Set fastest Lap. I don't see the difference!:frown:

Every wipeout until now, your fastest lap could be from a totally different race than your fastest race time. I thought that was the whole point - to see what the lap barrier was and then estimate what the race barrier was. Maybe I just don't think as technically as some.

lunar
28th January 2008, 09:57 PM
I think the point is that with best TT lap and Speed Lap records to try for you have two different ways and game modes for doing the same thing, which is doing one lap as fast as possible. I agree that merging them would be a good solution. I think we assumed, falsely, that best TT lap would have to be from your best race, otherwise there`s no point having it, as it just duplicates what you get in Speed Lap, but it`s a pain to have to do it twice, and in TT you get less laps to try. I hope that makes sense!

Medusa
28th January 2008, 09:59 PM
Yep. Makes sense. I admit I don't really like speed lap that much - I'd rather take care of two things at once - hotlap and try to improve my racetime. Once I feel I've nailed the hotlap then I try to duplicate that line for the whole race. (Not that it happens often:lol)

zargz
29th January 2008, 01:19 AM
cool down guys, we know that we are all different and have all various reasons to be here, but there's one main which unified us : our love for WipEout, never forget that.
I am the 1st to say i over-react from time to time on a comment which personnaly affects me ( we are all humans after all), few days later it's generally forgotten cause i know that is hard to change someone so i try to make abstraction of the bad parts to only take the good ones in consideration.

Moreover we are one life and wipeout is a niche game so we must have ALL talentous pilots staying here together.

Shall we go back on topic now ?since I made a comment about buddy list for the online play that you strongly disliked,
my aMSN is telling me that I'm not in your MSN buddy list anymore.
since then I haven't seen you online which tells me I'm on your ignore list.
which in it's turn is totally up to you, of cource.

so, is this the kind of an over-reaction you are talking about, Arnaud?

Asayyeah
29th January 2008, 07:54 AM
Spot on Pavel, you did a comment that affected me and few of my friends, that is why i got that reaction and put you into the ignore list. But like i said to one of our member of the zone we share you & I the friendship , this is a private affair between you & me Pavel, no needs to wash our stincky clothes in front of the community, right ? ( french expression, hope you can understand it )
That is why to let you explain my opinion i am gonna PM you directly.
[end off topic]

zargz
29th January 2008, 09:40 AM
heh! I like that expression.
anyway, let's don't worry about that, arno coz it's all water under the bridge 8)

Flashback Jack
29th January 2008, 01:21 PM
Well ok, but why would you want to sprint during a marathon? ;)

Think of a total (time trial) racetime as a conglomerate of many little hotlaps -- in effect one giant hotlap. Fortunately we don't have to be tactical with our enegy conservation as one would in a real life situation, so the idea is to leave flames in your tracks from beginning to end in search of the best possible racetime. Works for me.

- F

guillaume
29th January 2008, 03:16 PM
Tbh I didn't mean much with this metaphor, it was more of a wink to yours :)

Anyways, I don't think in most cases one can achieve a best race time by doing hotlaps.
Because in many races, using the turbo just before the finish line is not the optimal spot to use it.

infoxicated
29th January 2008, 04:13 PM
Exactly - The Amphiseum White springs to mind as a track where that technique is less than efficient.

lunar
14th February 2008, 08:39 AM
Ash-Omen just took over as No.1 ranked player - congrats ASH. :clap

DjManiac21
14th February 2008, 09:25 AM
Really? I've done 4 online races and won all of them, and I'm ranked 194th of 1982 racers. As well as having 23140 points, and whenever I win new races or set new records online or single player, my score doesn't go anywhere.:?

Maybe its being tested and fixed or something. I know that KANDANG holds almost all the Phantom records but doesn't appear to be in the top 100.

SOMEBODY BETTER FIX THIS PROBLEM :mr-t

Hi, I'm guessing the idea of the "Ranked" option is more of getting an idea of who is winning more races online than getting good times, because to keep track of race times and TTs and speedlaps we already have the best times tables for each track :)
It's good to know we have another incentive to play online and try to bump up your position. So possibly people on top of the Ranked table play online a whole lot.

I was first until today, but I haven't play online for days and Ash took first place, so good job there ash! :+

And I noticed that the ranked positions take time to update.
Also, check if those 4 wins online were against the same people, I recall someone saying that your score will go up only if you beat different pilots.

Hope this helps :)

Have fun!

borell
14th February 2008, 09:49 AM
Rob wrote (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showpost.php?p=80917&postcount=33) the following about the ranking system:

Ranked is your respective performance against other people online. The more different people you play and win against, the higher your rank. If you play the same people all the time and win against them all the time, the effect this has on your rank will decrease over time.

KANDANG
14th February 2008, 10:59 AM
i've tried playing with tons of different ppl and winning like 8-10 games with no losses,updating my profile and only got about 3-5 points.

no idea why.
and no they're not on venom. but against top 10 too

borell
14th February 2008, 11:41 AM
I have also had a hard time understanding the distribution of points for the ranking. Sometimes I only get a few points (5-20) when expecting more, and sometimes I get much more than expected. Yesterday, for example, I was startled to find out that I gained almost 1000 points from the racing I did during the evening.

G-Hob
17th February 2008, 10:37 PM
It's a shame you can't upload your times just by connecting the PSP to a PC by a USB cable.

I don't have WiFi at home so I'll have to wait till I go to a Circuit City or something to upload my times. Do you upload from within the game, or do you have to go to www.wipeout-game.com on the PSP's web broswers?

Asayyeah
18th February 2008, 04:29 AM
Welcome back to the zone ( almost 2 years and half since your last visit ;) )
Actually you upload your whole profile within the game itself, into the ingame menu you can access to the ranking site.
I am sure it won't hard for you in Usa to find a free wifi hotspot to let you do this.

G-Hob
19th February 2008, 02:45 AM
Thanks. :)

wich
19th February 2008, 09:27 AM
Anyone know when the DLC tracks will be available in the online rankings?

RJ O'Connell
24th May 2008, 02:24 AM
Hi. I've hit the "Upload Profile" button numerous times and I still cannot see my rankings on Wipeout-Game tables. :/ What could be the problem? (Using OFW 3.71)

stin
24th May 2008, 08:16 AM
Did you check other scores?, if not, then reload it again, that is what happens to me for the last two weeks.

Now, foxy did upgrade new Pulse records in his database and I`m putting my records in!.

Trust me, Rankings is not worth a ****, even I`m still checking.:paperbag

kanar
21st June 2008, 11:25 PM
hi, I can't upload my times too, and I was wondering if it was the same for all or it's just me with my memory stick prob for exemple

packetmon
21st June 2008, 11:42 PM
its been completely non-functional for a while.

use the record tables here on wipeoutzone.

Frances_Penfold
22nd June 2008, 01:23 AM
Sorry to ask this, but I've been out of the loop-- playing Wipeout Pure instead of Pulse for the past month or so.

The Wipeout-Game.com website is non-functional in terms of having hacked times? Or non-functional in terms of not allowing users to upload their times at all?

packetmon
22nd June 2008, 02:36 AM
what i notice is that the uploads report that they completed but the times are not posted.

there were always hacked times, but now even cheaters can't post.

another thing is that there seem to be two snapshots of data so if you refresh a particular track you will see positions move but its all stale anyhow.

those tables are so outdated.
there have been some sick records coming out lately from slow ships and you have to go compare them to the wipeout-game tables to get perspective since many have abandoned pulse and have not updated their times here.

Frances_Penfold
22nd June 2008, 05:14 AM
Wow, that's really sad :(

I wonder how much longer online multiplayer will be officially supported, given the disappointing sales garnered by Pulse. Has anybody tried playing Pulse using Xlink Kai?

KIGO1987
22nd June 2008, 06:39 AM
Hey Packetmon haven't seen you on Wipeout for a while. Then again I haven't been on for a while had mid year exams. Went clubbing last night. Truly **** faced i was, still am kinda. **** music the club had. No proper dance/trance/house music. Need to go to Melbourne or Europe, they got better clubs. Back to Wipeout, Yes those Wipeout-Game records look odd. Put Pure in a lil while ago. Did Goteki Sol2 Phanrom, damn the gaming engine is different. The Pure theme is better than pulse i think. Typing me ages to type in this msg. Using the PS3 cause my computer has shitted itself again.

kanar
22nd June 2008, 07:29 AM
this is so NOT cool. So sad to see such a killer app treated like that... Customer choice, yeah great... :?

stin
22nd June 2008, 07:45 AM
Has anybody tried playing Pulse using Xlink Kai?

The answer is yes. Asa did played with Alterego and and other guy. So yes it`s does work.

But I will need to change my hopeless router, so I can play kai.

KIGO1987
22nd June 2008, 08:03 AM
this is so NOT cool. So sad to see such a killer app treated like that... Customer choice, yeah great... :?

Its like seeing a Bugatti Veyron used to do school runs. Yes. Buts it my only access to the net atm@home. Makes me also appreciate my PS3 more. Kinda cool using bluetooth controllers for the net. Shows build quality between Sony and my Toshiba. No wonder Toshiba lost the high deffinition war HD DVD vs. BluRay cause Toshiba build quality is ****.

micky1984
23rd June 2008, 12:00 PM
so is it safe to say that pulse is close to flat lining in terms of online play. i am finding it a mother bitch to get a decent game. I hope HD doesnt suffer from a similar lack of interest. Also have there been any signs that they intend to fix the ranking tables ?

Darkdrium777
23rd June 2008, 06:54 PM
WipEout HD certainly isn't suffering from the same lack of interest (Looks at the "Release Date" thread ;))
And on every site I've been, when they're talking about Fatal Inertia, people say they'd rather get WipEout. :)

AnErare
24th June 2008, 01:57 PM
To stray back on topic: the ranking boards are working again!

kanar
24th June 2008, 02:35 PM
:robot Great news! more TT training on the way!!!

Anyway, big thanks!

infoxicated
24th June 2008, 03:21 PM
Yeah - working on a version of the site from January. :|

micky1984
25th June 2008, 10:56 AM
Infoxicated did u mean u were creating a new version of of this site in january (wipeoutzone). or did u mean the official 1 (wipeout-game). because im thinking january is a wierd time to update Wipeout-game.com seeing as wipeouthd shud supposedly make its appearance soon. Shouldnt the new version of wipeoutgame be released at the same time as HD. Unless HD is being pushed back to next year :frown:. Im just thinking out loud here so please correct me if iv got the wrong end of the stick

infoxicated
25th June 2008, 12:35 PM
I'm saying that the version of the wipeout-game.com site that is live right now is from January - February at the latest. All the work I done on the site in February and March, right up to when I left Sony is still sitting on a QA server, but has never made it to the live production server.

See if you can spot the difference (http://217.18.19.30/html/main/Home).

It would seem that there isn't a desire to make that site go live any time soon, as I reported a layout issue and provied the fix a few weeks back and that fix has not made it to the QA server. Hence, it would seem that Satan will be driving to work in a snow plough before that site gets updated again. :|

Darkdrium777
25th June 2008, 03:00 PM
Yeah the layout is fixed in your version. I don't understand why they won't publish it... :/

Lance
25th June 2008, 06:07 PM
Satan was recently seen soaking up the sun at his own private island in the South Pacific. He was drinking one Mai-Tai after another whilst being served by dancing girls in hula skirts.

RJ O'Connell
26th June 2008, 02:35 AM
Hm. This is new. So now HD is set a year ahead of Pulse instead of a year behind - explaining all this new stuff.

I like.

kanar
26th June 2008, 08:49 AM
I Have trouble with the uploading profile section (session expired. Please log in again), guess it's the same for you all...? -due to the january version of the website?-

omega329
26th June 2008, 04:32 PM
Enable cookies in your psp's browser, that might help.

Darkdrium777
26th June 2008, 06:32 PM
I've had no troubles uploading my profile. I just wish it was the same for ghost ships... There should really be one huge "ghost profile" instead of multiple little tiny things...

kanar
26th June 2008, 08:19 PM
F...K sorry it works for me too. No probs now. I was high... GAH my brain

P52Smith
29th June 2008, 10:20 AM
Does the site in post#95 actually work infoxicated?

infoxicated
29th June 2008, 10:32 AM
In terms of content, yes. However, the public cant log in to it - just internal testers.

P52Smith
29th June 2008, 10:33 AM
Fair enough

wich
28th February 2010, 02:22 PM
Are the rankings on wipeout-game still updated? It surprises me that I can still find myself in 8th place on Vertica Black speed lap @ rapier two years after the fact... I would have expected hordes of people to have flown past me. Looks like there are only 59 records registered, which seems rather few.

MrSmadSmartAlex
28th February 2010, 03:55 PM
Yeah, they do still update, but it's generally only Phantom these days, because that's what most of hardcore Pulse players race, and I guess the more casual players don't play or upload anymore. I still like uploading there to compete with some players who aren't WoZ members. Also, there are no cheated Phantom times (with the one exception of Ekys' Moa Therma White Speed Lap). ;)

Mr Phlanj
1st March 2010, 12:34 AM
its a shame theres no way of getting hold of random people online to join the zone, because not too long ago i joined a 1v1 phantom game and won with the guy DNF but when he put it to flash the next game (i didnt notice till the 'go' :d) then we had some epic races!

i cant remember his tag for the life of me tho ><

EDIT: on second thought Im not registered on the wipeout-rankings web site, so these players are probably there.

MrSmadSmartAlex
3rd July 2011, 10:09 PM
Well, there goes another Phantom no.1, so congratulations to the cheats that xXMicroVirusXx used on Moa Therma White TT. :|

http://wipeout-game.com/html/rankings/RankingsNav?browsing=true&leaderboardID=11332&row=0&goTo=2&accountName=&teamIdFilter=&navTrack=1#rankings

Quite funny the way that xXMicroVirusXx tried to make it look like a legit time by only beating the record by a couple of seconds. He failed though. He also forgot that he had blatantly cheated times on the slower speed classes giving him away.

JABBERJAW
4th July 2011, 03:54 AM
I don't trust those records worth a damn, there are definitely records with jaytech, and also some with 333. Not to mention other stupid cheats that are very subtle that you can use

leungbok
4th July 2011, 06:38 AM
Quite funny the way the xXMicroVirusXx tried to make it look like a legit time by only beating the record by a couple of seconds

Yeah ! He also appears on moa's speedlap table, ranked 4th ! :rolleyes:
Those cheaters are weak persons ! :-

MrSmadSmartAlex
4th July 2011, 09:57 AM
I don't trust those records worth a damn, there are definitely records with jaytech, and also some with 333. Not to mention other stupid cheats that are very subtle that you can use

This is a blatantly cheated time I'm talking about here though, not just something that's questionable in terms of fairness. The guy's actually used some kind of turbo, autopilot, etc. cheat, and tried to pass it off as a "legit" (Jaytech and 333 included) record.
People make way too much of a big deal about 333 and Jaytech for records though IMO. None of my times on wipeout-game since 2009 have used either (and I've never even tried Jaytech), and I can still compete. 333 hardly does anything in TT, and manual pitching isn't exactly some near-impossible advanced technique that can't compete with Jaytech. You just press up. :lol

But you're totally right that wipeout-game records can't be trusted at face value, since there's no moderators and no way to stop cheaters from uploading times. :nod

JABBERJAW
4th July 2011, 12:09 PM
I love 333 but no records with it. It is a HUGE advantage, being that every game runs perfectly, with no choppiness whatsoever, it makes turning much easier. Online is where it gives you a significant advantage, especially with multiple players. If you can pitch forward the entire time manually, it takes jay tech out of the question, although it is still harder to do than a piece of tape. OH, yeah, jay tech doesn't help at all on magstrips.

333 in tt is still an advantage, although smaller since tt doesn't get too choppy on most tracksg

MrSmadSmartAlex
4th July 2011, 01:16 PM
Jaytech and 333 make the game easier for many people, sure. It's going to vary, depending on how easy one finds manual pitch and how much one is put off by framedrops, but yeah.
What I meant though, was that it's quite possible to get any 333+Jaytech time using ofw and manual pitch. Compared to this xXMicroVirusXx guy and others, who are using actual cheats to get impossible times.

JABBERJAW
4th July 2011, 04:04 PM
Agreed, it just takes longer to get a good time with cfw and manual.

TropicMoon10
12th July 2011, 09:24 PM
So... does that mean all OFW players are only racing with 222 CPU power?

How much of an improvement is 333 anyway? Because I'm not seeing any choppiness at all when I race.

MrSmadSmartAlex
12th July 2011, 09:35 PM
OFW is 266mhz. It was only 222mhz on some of the early OFWs, then they put the cap to 266 instead (and later allowed games after a certain point to run at 333, but Pulse wasn't one of them).

You don't get any choppiness? Ha, you must be getting my extra frames then, because I get about 20fps when we're racing online. :lol
It's not because of OFW that that happens to me though; it's something to do with the PSN, as I always get slow and unreliable service, for both PS Store downloads and online gaming. My connection is pretty fast, so it's not that. Sony don't like me, I guess. :D

leungbok
12th July 2011, 10:09 PM
Maybe zico had the record on gemini black before your entry ! :D

MrSmadSmartAlex
12th July 2011, 10:13 PM
Haha! Yes, he probably engineered the whole thing. Now that you mention it, I don't remember it being so bad when I first got my PSP/was a noob at Pulse... :lol

TropicMoon10
13th July 2011, 11:34 AM
You don't get any choppiness? Ha, you must be getting my extra frames then, because I get about 20fps when we're racing online. :lol
XD

I do often get some pretty low FPS when playing online (same with Eliminator mode); but TTs and SLs run as smooth they can get, really.

MrSmadSmartAlex
13th July 2011, 11:46 AM
Maybe Sony like you, and give you special OFW that lets you have 333mhz on all games. :D

Yeah, TT usually runs okay for me. I get the odd glitch (usually random respawns that shouldn't happen) or framedrop, but it's okay for the most part.
btw, has anybody else noticed how the framerate drops by a lot if you save a ghost after racing and then race again without exiting to the main menu?

Medusa
24th July 2011, 05:56 PM
Something weird's afoot...or is there?

I actually picked up Pulse again last night, and to my surprise beat a bunch of my old records. So I thought I'd upload my profile...and my PSP crashed. Tried under the other ID, and my PSP crashed. The site works fine until I select the Start Profile Upload button.

Is there a certain amount of empty memory needed to do this? My memory card has only 26MB empty. I can't think of another reason it would just shut right off like that.

MrSmadSmartAlex
11th August 2011, 07:00 PM
It seems that all of the records been deleted.

http://wipeout-game.com/html/rankings/Rankings

kaori
11th August 2011, 07:12 PM
It's perhaps the maintenance, we should wait few hours it terminates.

leungbok
11th August 2011, 07:15 PM
:eek :eek :eek

MrSmadSmartAlex
11th August 2011, 09:00 PM
The records are all back now. Must have been something to do with the PSN maintenance.

Medusa
30th August 2011, 04:12 PM
My PSP continues to crash each time I try to upload the profile. It may have something to do with my sharing the same profile between my NA and UK account (to deal with the blasted DLC sham), I'm not sure. At any rate, I won't ever be updating my profile there again, it appears. It's too bad, I was wondering where my updated zone scores would put me. (Not top ten or anything so don't worry guys, lol)

MrSmadSmartAlex
30th August 2011, 06:09 PM
It's INFAXSU and james_sp who have most of the Zone records, so it won't worry me if somebody beats them (I only worry about losing my few remaining Phantom TTs :lol). I only managed decent scores on Tech De Ra Black, Platinum Rush White, and Fart Gale Black (had no.1 on that one, but INFAXSU kicked my score a few days later :mad: :D).
You could look at the records and see where you are anyway, though. The cheated scores are on Talon's Junction W (NCR_Assassin), Arc Prime White (the top 3 scores are glitched, and probably a few after the top 10), and De Konstruct Black (Binary-Ghost). Also, lordstorm123, silverwindstar, batman2500, and flamethrower400 are the same player, and there are Triple Lei's EU and JP accounts on some tracks. ;)

Dunno what to suggest about the uploading problem, though. You're on the latest firmware (6.60, I think)?

Medusa
31st August 2011, 04:29 PM
Yes, it's an up to date 3001 model.

kaori
22nd September 2011, 10:50 AM
The site is down for 20 hours minimum :?

infoxicated
26th September 2011, 09:43 AM
Looks like they've pulled it entirely, which is weird, because the domain doesn't expire until March next year. I remember it being a five year registration when we requested it in March 2007, actually.

I'll be a bit gutted if it's down for good, as it's one of the only examples of the work I did whilst I was at Sony. :|

MrSmadSmartAlex
26th September 2011, 10:29 PM
Well that's :turd news. It was competing for TT records on that site (luckily, I only tried at Phantom, so didn't notice all the cheated times on the slower classes until later :D) that really got me hooked on Pulse. Without it, I'd probably have just moved on to some other game once I got bored of online. Well, it was nice while it lasted. :)

leungbok
27th September 2011, 06:22 AM
So, all those ghosts and custom skins are lost forever ! :|

Dusk118
29th September 2011, 12:20 AM
It BETTER not be down forever. I still use it to make custom skins with, and I had just created the WipEout HD EG-X skin for Pulse. They need to keep the option up, but maybe leave the Publish button off.

JABBERJAW
29th September 2011, 11:49 PM
Couldn't that be a DL for the ps3 to make the custom skins there?

Mad-Ice
30th September 2011, 04:51 AM
Good thinking Al! But I think if they will use it again it will be used for 2048 skin customisation and hopefully records too.

Rennfisch
2nd October 2011, 10:52 AM
I'm very sad because of wipeout-game.com doesn't exist anymore. I had two unfinished ships in there. :frown:

Mad-Ice
3rd October 2011, 03:58 PM
Well that's too bad! It's ashame that all those records are lost now! This is another reason why everyone should race under the same conditions and enter their records here! Same goes for HD/FURY and in the near future Wipeout 2048.

Greetz Mad-Ice

leungbok
11th October 2011, 12:31 PM
Looks like they've pulled it entirely, which is weird, because the domain doesn't expire until March next year
Mssa also reported that the servers seems down. What if sony plans to port pulse on ps3 (with pure) as a remaster, with crossplay between psp's users (like MH3rd), they'll have to rebuild a new wipeoutgame website, no ? :)

I know, i'm dreaming ! :blarg

And maybe, they're rebuilding the site to make it compatible with 2048 and his skin editor features !

MrSmadSmartAlex
11th October 2011, 04:04 PM
If they did a Pure/Pulse HD remaster with bug fixes, improved framerate, and all DLC usable online, it'd be the best game on PS3. :D

infoxicated
21st October 2011, 03:43 PM
luengbok - as much as I'd like to believe that, I spotted a bug in the front end code in May 2008 - two months after I left Sony.

I put together details of how to fix it on the server side templates and sent it to Tony Buckley, the Director of WipEout at the time, and one of the server side guys at Studio Liverpool.

They thanked me for sending them a fix, but the change was never made nor deployed and, as far as I could tell, no further updates were made to that site from the moment I left, save for the removal of DLC links.

Darkdrium777
23rd October 2011, 04:35 PM
It's dead Jim. :frown:

leungbok
1st November 2011, 10:02 AM
Don't know ! There're still those domain's names reserved by Sony : "wipeout2048" and "wipeout trinity".

kaori
6th November 2011, 06:53 PM
It's official ! :(

Link 1 (http://uk.playstation.com/ps3/support/games/detail/item97821/Support-for-online-game-features/)

Link 2 (http://uk.playstation.com/psp/games/detail/item62324/WipEout%C2%AE-Pulse/)

It's a shame, any words for WipEout Pulse when the maintenance that kill its infrastructure mode was announced : announcement (http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/Technical-Help/Scheduled-PSN-Maintenance-Wednesday-21st-September-from-05-00AM/td-p/13609933)

TropicMoon10
6th November 2011, 08:50 PM
Oh wow, I haven't played Pulse in weeks... Or was it months? lol

Did they really kill the Infrastructure? That's what I keep hearing. I'll try going online later today since I'm too lazy right now. :P

MrSmadSmartAlex
6th November 2011, 09:13 PM
Yep, infrastructure and wipeout-game.com are gone, unfortunately. The game is like Pure now (except better, of course :D). ;)

Sausehuhn
8th November 2011, 06:18 PM
By the way: I have a backup of wipeout-game.com on my HDD I made in april.
Sure that does not cover the whole datebase with records and stuff, nor does it include the livery editor.
It does, however, include all images and texts, so it saved all the wallpapers and screensavers, and also all of the backstories (as I have no idea if Rob is bound to some kind of NDA regarding the website and isn’t allowed to share them again).

Marach
8th December 2011, 08:11 PM
Well that's too bad! It's ashame that all those records are lost now! This is another reason why everyone should race under the same conditions and enter their records here! Same goes for HD/FURY and in the near future Wipeout 2048.

Greetz Mad-Ice

Except we don't keep Zone mode records for some reason...

infoxicated
14th December 2011, 12:39 PM
Zone mode didn't exist when I set up the records table structure, but I'll take a look at what's involved over the xmas break and see what I can do.

Interestingly, I just found one of the early designs for the WipEout-Game site lurking here:

http://www.wipeoutzone.com/wo/

I used to stick stuff up there when I was working at Sony so I could quickly test the functionality on the PS3 and PSP. There used to be examples of the PSP & PS3 browser versions of the WipEout Pure and WipEout Game sites up there too, but I obviously deleted all except that early version from before we'd decided on a domain name.

WipEout Anti-Gravity Hanger... cheesy, eh?

Rennfisch
15th December 2011, 07:36 AM
Hurra, a skin editor!! Hopefully I can finish my ships, I've already written off.

Mad-Ice
15th December 2011, 10:23 AM
Website looks great, Rob! I immediately tried to log in of course but it seems it's only 1 page! Too bad :(

leungbok
15th December 2011, 12:15 PM
I did the same ! ^^