PDA

View Full Version : Disappearing HUD glitch?

rdmx
17th December 2007, 06:17 AM
I've noticed after a bit of playing and sleep moding, that at some point after a while, all the numbers disappear from the screen such as posistion, time, lap, but not the speedometer or shield meter.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Dogg Thang
17th December 2007, 07:26 AM
I haven't had that. Although I've noticed coming back after a sleep, your custom ship will revert to the classic skin.

Sausehuhn
17th December 2007, 08:14 AM
Had that problem, too.
Once there were no numbers at all on the screen.
The only thing that seems to fix that problem is restarting - very odd.

I had several crashes now, by the way. That's very disappointing when you've just finsihed a race (or a tournament :?) and the PSP crashes before saving. And then sometimes it just won't react anymore and crashes out of nothing. I had that feeling that too fast button pressing is too much for that little machine. So I'm careful when it comes to this ;)

zerojay
17th December 2007, 12:55 PM
It looks like what's happening is the font resource for the regular white font isn't loaded properly.

tapioca
17th December 2007, 02:46 PM
That font problem happens so many times… It can be very annoying when starting a tournament online, as the only solution is to restart the psp.
I also noticed that the console often freezes when looking at the stats (the moment i press left/right for another page)

Hellfire_WZ
17th December 2007, 03:40 PM
Yeah, I've had it a couple of times.

zargz
17th December 2007, 04:35 PM
haven't had a crash yet or a anything disappear.

Hyper Shadow
17th December 2007, 04:51 PM
I've had that happen a couple of times, I've also had it freeze after the track intro. But other than that, its great.

0L4F
17th December 2007, 04:59 PM
The only 'glitch' I experienced so far was no engine sound after sleep mode... Hope it stays that way ; ) !

rdmx
18th December 2007, 02:09 AM
http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/9607/wo20071217234725ju0.th.jpg (http://img441.imageshack.us/my.php?image=wo20071217234725ju0.jpg)

This is what I mean, after taking the photo, the PSP freezes completely. Sometimes, even the speedo, shield meter and lap counter numbers disappear.

Roz
18th December 2007, 10:44 AM
Yup, I have had this glitch also. Restart, and good to go.

Turbovec
18th December 2007, 11:00 AM
Thank god I'm not the only one who's having this problem. I was thinking I was going crazy. Either way, has anyone had the font vanish for the music tracks in pause menu too? Or am I the only one who's had that happen as well? :brickwall

Rapier Racer
18th December 2007, 11:03 AM
Only glitch I've had so far is the PSP freezing twice after it saves a photo.

Mad-Ice
23rd December 2007, 09:55 PM
After grid 10, my position in races were not displayed anymore. So strange!:bat reloaded and there they are again.

Mad-Ice
25th December 2007, 12:20 AM
Online:

Strange thing though: I did a race earlier the night with a full grid and finished just before the finishline first. I showed in the rankings finished first but the times showed something different: It said I finished 0.05 later then second place!!! Impossible to say the least.:bat

Asayyeah
25th December 2007, 01:45 AM
Dear Matt' same has happened to me :(
i lost one race like that against WTF-of-Lord :bomb , i thought winning because i crossed the line 1st but :bomb beated my time by 0.02 :eek
Lag issue ?

mdhay
26th December 2007, 02:52 AM
Have you tried disabling the hud completely then re - enabling it? It may act like an F5 button for Pulse.

Rapier Racer
26th December 2007, 10:56 AM
I've never had this disappearing HUD glitch, however I was wondering if anyones had the 'disappearing plasma glitch' the Plasma is invisible from launch, sometimes you can see it impact a wall, the impact effect shows up.

Shozovulnai
30th December 2007, 09:33 PM
First post!

Anyway, this HUD glitch is quite common with my copy of Pulse as well. I find it particularly annoying to spot in the middle of the race if I hadn't paid attention to the HUD in the beginning of it. It's occurence is random - I guess - but it usually happens if I've played a long session. Usually 9+ races and WHAM - glitchy HUD. Sometimes more races. I've never encountered the glitch occuring in the middle of a tournament.

I've also had several freezes and a weird incident where all the sound effects faded away in the menu after the race and it affected the PSP's XMB-menu too.

But nothing a good ol' reboot can't fix! And yes, I'm not using any custom firmwares or such, my PSP is the fat version and I don't treat my console or UMD's like dirt. Guess the glitch is caused by a glitchy batch of Pulses, which is a bit sad. Reminds me of the Soul Calibur III incident where the infamous Save Game corruption happened worldwide but this isn't anything THAT severe.

phl0w
30th December 2007, 09:42 PM
Well, I wouldn't say that, seeing that several people already had their savegame corrupted. The game freezing occurs with all copies either, so no "bad batches", unless you'd call them equally bad.
There ARE several bugs again, the HUD glitch is only one of them. Most of them occur after you wake your PSP from sleep mode. My copy for instance freezes every time I am scrolling through the stats.
You are right that they are probably not that severe, except the savegame corruption, but seeing that similar bugs plagued Pure too, it really is annoying.

Sausehuhn
31st December 2007, 12:06 AM
Have you tried disabling the hud completely then re - enabling it? It may act like an F5 button for Pulse.

I've done that. And it does not work. Shame that is.

Ash-Omen
31st December 2007, 10:04 AM
lol its so buggy ive had alot of freezes, freezes somtimes wen connecting online (only on my router) freezes wen savin photos somtimes, froze once on stats froze at end of a time trial once, and online once i was in a race with God of Whore, zargs techniccolour and some randomers and i won by 5milisecs but on zargs and technics psp's it said i came 2nd, also after countdown on lobbys it often gets stuck.

apart from all that great game :rock

BARTgai
3rd January 2008, 12:21 AM
once i upgraded to 3.80, i havn't had any issues at all.

Frances_Penfold
3rd January 2008, 04:56 AM
It's probably just be coincidence, but I've had fewer problems since turning all of the music off. Previously I had a number of in-game freezes, especially when re-starting tracks or when using photo-mode.