PDA

View Full Version : Favourite & Most hated tracks.

Rapier Racer
16th December 2007, 07:03 PM
Yes ladies and gents this is the Pulse thread for you most loved and hated track. Here are mine

Favorite: Tech De Ra/ Moa Therma white & black

It was love at first race on Tech De Ra really, you can build up so much speed on this track its just fantastic, I'm a fan of the transparent track idea too so I love that area of the circuit. Finally the way the white run ends with 2 sharp turns you better be paying attention! Moa Therma I just really enjoy also can't decide which one I like more at this point.

Hated: Basilico white & black and any other form it might appear in

Whats this? Another one of Clarkos efforts?

G'Kyl
16th December 2007, 07:21 PM
As a matter of fact, Basilico is one of my favourites. :) Love the speedy black variant and the almost straight line through the chicanes in White. Also, the Neo-Tokyo style surroundings alone keep me going there.

I find it hard to decide on THE favourite track, though. Tech De Ra is awesome, yes, as are Platinum Rush White, Metropia (B & W) Vertigo White and Talon*s Junction (W & B). However, I definitely don't like De Konstruct! ;) I just don't get the flow on the bigger part of its length.

Ben

phl0w
16th December 2007, 08:20 PM
Well, seeing I haven't even reached Phantom grid yet, it's a bit too early to tell. I think only Phantom shows how well a track is balanced and its architecture. Although all Zone events so far have proven that all tracks are perfectly playable @1000kph, there are once again some that are a real b*tch. But nothing that would make you pull your hair out like Silverstream or Citta Nuovo, except, well, for Outpost 7, especially its Black run is close to those old threats ;)
I mentioned my favourites already, Basilico Black is one of them now too thanks to the amazing mag strip corkscrew section (only surpassed by Metropia B's vertical drop) and Vertica White for pure speed.

Dogg Thang
16th December 2007, 08:24 PM
Yeah, I'm a fan of Basilico too. Well, certainly the White version. Actually I think my faourite might actually be Moa Therma. It feels the most distinctive to me in terms of both layout and visuals. I love it. Platinum Rush White is another fave and both Verticas.

My least favourite is hard to tell yet but so far I'd say Outpost 7. Not a bad track by any means and carries a few grat features over from some of the Pure tracks but in both layout and appearance it doesn't feel like a 'last track' if you know what I mean. I guess I was hoping for something that made me go 'wow'.

Love Fort Gale too but I find it a bit of a tease - the outdoor looks absolutely stunning but you only catch glimpses of it as you go in and out of tunnels. Would love to have been more exposed to the elements.

Overall, I'm a huge fan of the tracks in Pulse. It's clear a huge amount of effort went into the design.

Hellfire_WZ
16th December 2007, 08:44 PM
I think if anything gave me a kick in the bollocks like Silverstream did it's Outpost 7

Favourite so far is Platinum Rush, closely followed by Moa Therma. Just don't ask me to do Zone on Platinum Rush, I'm still having nightmares over that one

Fascia
16th December 2007, 09:32 PM
Favorite: Platinum Rush - The most well implimented technical track I've seen in a wipeout game yet. Tech De Ra - This track is just beutiful, and the speed you can gain on it is lovely.

Hate: Basilico - See Platinum Rush but replace 'well' with 'badly'.

Love/Hate: Outpost 7, untill I develop a proper racing line I know I'm going to have nightmares, but the second I've got a decent racing line, as a feisar pilot, I'm going to love it to bits.

ZenDJiNN
16th December 2007, 10:05 PM
Not that i have the speed here, because i don't, but Tech de Ra is fantastic.... i just love the Layout & the transparent tracks, and the tunnels etc. I also like Moa Therma. As for the others, i haven't reached that far yet. :)

G'Kyl
16th December 2007, 10:07 PM
Good thing you mentioned it, Dogg Thang: Fort Gale looks absolutely beautiful, yes! Probably the prettiest one of the new pack, if you ask me. Love the Black run for its more technical approach.

Lion
17th December 2007, 04:59 AM
favourite is probably metropia black, love that plummet :)
least favourite against AI is possibly fort gale. it's a gorgeous track, but there's no way to escape weapons fire. haven't tried it multiplayer yet

Dogg Thang
17th December 2007, 07:36 AM
Yeah Fort Gale is pretty tight and it can get hectic when the AI start firing off their weapons. While there's nothing that compares to Pure's Citta Novua in terms of psycho AI, there are quite a few tracks in Pulse that have the AI riled up something rotten.

But one thing I really like about Fort Gale is that it feels really substantial. The tracks in Pure and Pulse have been shorter and, as a result, have fewer parts to negotiate but Fort Gale, for whatever reason, feels very meaty. Is it longer?

Actually that's one of my slight disappointments with Outpost 7. It's really just two sections - u-turn, u-turn then scary bridge. Or scary bridge then u-turn, u-turn if you're going the other way. It feels really short. To describe a classic track or even the likes of Fort Gale in similar terms would take much longer. Silverstream is one of the meatiest tracks in WO history but going from memory it sort of goes like this - first split, sharp join, u-turn, huge climb, fast descent, second split, hard weave, sharp join, fast arrows designed to plough you into the wall. And that's just describes one route.

I do like the scary bridge section in Outpost 7. It's like that Delta track I've forgotten the name of.

I also love that big open section in Arc Prime.

infoxicated
17th December 2007, 09:06 AM
If we're comparing like-for-like with Pure, then I do think the tracks in Pulse are of a much higher standard as race-tracks, which is awesome considering it's the first time Mag-Strips have been used.

So far, Arc Prime White has to be my favourite - I TT'd it to death on Sunday afternoon, then got beat by Mad-Ice in his FEISAR by a hundredth of a second!

It's early days, though - I only have nine tracks open and I haven't really taken to the black versions of any of them yet, so as I warm to them and open the others it could well be the richest WipEout for me in terms of tracks.

DjManiac21
17th December 2007, 12:42 PM
Amphiseum B&W, loved that track the first moment I raced it against Chrono. Loved the drop and the trick it is to BR and turn to the left on the white version.

Outpost 7 is a track I took online this weekend to have a good laugh, I love to take last place and watch people just going straight on the first u-turn, wondering where the hell is the rest of the track!!! :P
Hilarious!

I think my least fav track would be De Konstruct, W or B, don't really get chills as with the rest of the tracks.

All the tracks are awesome in some way or the other, I still think that a little bit more variety wouldn't hurt, though track design is great, but that's why you have the packs right? ;)

I'm really satisfied with Pulse as it is :D

ZenDJiNN
18th December 2007, 02:16 AM
I've only just unlocked Amphiseum (White) but WOW!! What a great track, i'm really loving it, and such a fantastic jump!! (Takes my breath away!) :)

I'm Not a great fan of De Konstrukt though, and the really dark one that i can't remember the name of (It's the one that's got quite a drop on the Grav Strips straight after the bend. - Not much help eh?) :)

zerojay
18th December 2007, 02:54 AM
That would be Metropia Black.

stin
18th December 2007, 07:04 AM
Well, I`m still few tracks to be unlock left and, I cannot use the word "hate", because, all tracks are well balanced, no crazy stuff, just to the extreme. I like them all.
Why?, well read lunar`s post from pure about shitta which everybody detest! and now, did they complain?

stevie:)

Dogg Thang
18th December 2007, 07:25 AM
I wasn't able to find that thread but my problem with Citta Nouva wasn't with how hard it was to navigate (though it wasn't exactly easy!). My problem was that the AI went mental on it. I felt that, in the single races, it didn't matter so much how well you raced it, but how lucky you were with what the enemies hit you with. And I got no pleasure from eventually getting through it with luck.

Unfortunately, last night, I found the same thing on two tracks in Pulse in the higher classes - Platinum Rush and Outpost 7. Bugged the hell out of me. Even in Citta Nouva I survived longer (though still lost every race when I got hit with the Disruptor - which is now thankfully gone). Though I realised part of that was me hitting walls and losing more shield than I should. So I do need to get better at those tracks. Still, my deaths felt entirely random and that was frustrating.

I'm on Platinum Grid 2 now and have got every gold except one. That one is the 12 race tournament of death on Rapier.

It does have me wondering though - in Pure, one of the things I felt personally (and it took me a long time to realise this) is that the game punished you too hard for being hit by weapons but not hard enough in terms of time for hitting a wall. If anything, Pulse takes that further - I'm seeing little or no punishment in time for hitting a wall (though of course there is shield damage) and massive punishment for being the victim of a plamsa/quake combo. I was hoping it would go the opposite way to get it back more to the racing ability and remove the blind luck aspect of Citta Nouva.

But back on topic, the more I play it the more two tracks really stand out as being wonderful - Moa Therma and the Amphiseum. I love that loop section in Amphiseum that feels like a plain ol' racetrack. It's fantastic. And at Phantom, playing Moa Therma is a dream. It's an easy track in terms of layout but still not so easy at Phantom to present no challenge and the AI aren't crazy on it.

Lion
18th December 2007, 07:30 AM
I'll definitely disagree on the track collision punishment point.
I find that at least in my qirex if I scrape the wall, it tends to pull the front into the wall more and unless you fight it immediately, a slight scrape can often devolve into a dead stop. I've wasted entire turbos by not being lined up and in control properly before boosting, then smearing myself along a wall.

Dogg Thang
18th December 2007, 07:32 AM
Hmmm... I'm using mostly Goteki. Maybe it varies from craft to craft. The Goteki can bounce around a track from beginning to end and come out with a Gold on time trial.

stin
18th December 2007, 08:26 AM
http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3232&highlight=shitta&page=2

That is the link, but we did eventually starting to like shitta.

Now, think back of Pure game? and now think of Pulse, see the difference? Imo, I think Pure is a bit of a gamble and look at Pulse now, waaay ahead!

That`s why, I cannot say, hated, just say, uncomfortable but adapt or, comply or resistance is futile! (Seven of Nine;))

Rapier Racer
18th December 2007, 11:11 AM
I'm also going to have to disagree with the point about weapons and wall collision. I can easily recover from a quake to the point sometimes where I don't loose any positions, hit the walls however and I found them to be more punishing than Pures walls if you don't get off them instantly they grind you to a halt very quickly.

Dogg Thang
18th December 2007, 11:22 AM
Yeah that's true, one quake won't slow you down that much. But plasma followed by quake or the old quake, mines, bomb combo or any of the other Nouva-like barrages will take you out of a race in a second with little to nothing you can do about it. Just my own personal experience with the last two tracks on the higher classes of course. Not speaking for everyone.

Hellfire_WZ
18th December 2007, 05:35 PM
True, the walls feel like they're magnetic in this game, hit them on the outside of a corner and you really have to fight to pull away from it

Jenze
19th December 2007, 05:45 AM
Favorite:
De Konstruct:nod

Exceeds expectations:
The Amphiseum:nod

Most hated:
Well, first I thought Arc Prime, but I think it's pretty cool now. But beside any other, I could hate outpost 7 but I haven't played it yet.

Sausehuhn
19th December 2007, 05:43 PM
I fully agree with you Dogg Thang.
You just said what bothers me so much.

Hellfire_WZ
22nd December 2007, 04:31 PM
I'm gonna amend my choices for best and worst tracks

My new favourite is Tech De Ra, either white or black. Love racing this one, no matter what speed class. Least is now either Basilico Black or Metropia Black. Basilico because it's just damn awkward and those corkscrew mag-strip sections get on my nerves, and I never get anything out of Metropia.

G'Kyl
22nd December 2007, 04:40 PM
Most hated: Well, first I thought Arc Prime, but I think it's pretty cool now.

This seems to be a consistency with most Pulse tracks: At first they might seem awkward, but as soon as you get to terms with them and get into their flow most courses really grow on you.

Max, Dogg Thang: I hardly ever end up getting destroyed by such a wave of weapons fire. I find these are rare instances, which kind of reminds you every once in a while that weapons are a serious issue - but I really don't feel like they ever get in the way of racing as they did in Fusion.

Ben

Hellfire_WZ
22nd December 2007, 04:45 PM
Sometimes the weapon fire really does get in the way, especially when the timing is so convenient. The number of times I've taken a rocket hit when entering a corner, leaving me at a near standstill, is too many to count. Others I haven't been able to get out of last place because of a one-man army battering me every time I try to pass

And is it normal for the AI to be able to use a turbo through the Outpost 7 double hairpin? I have gotten the hang of that one now, but that was taking the piss.

ZenDJiNN
22nd December 2007, 05:11 PM
My favourites keep on changing as i unlock more tracks. At the moment, Amphesium is probably top of the list, followed by Tech De Ra which i really love.

BUT.... i've just recently unlcoked Fort Gale & i'm REALLY loving that! :)

Least fave tracks are still De Konstrukt (Black & White) and i'm not too keen on Metropia Black either, although i'm kind of getting used to it now. :g

Asayyeah
22nd December 2007, 08:03 PM
Tech de Ra definitely my favorite in both version , followed by metropia white and vertica (both)

Least = arc prime black : nasty one with barely no weapon pads

ZenDJiNN
22nd December 2007, 11:55 PM
I don't mind Arc Prime Black as much as either of the De Konstrukts..... those Grav Strips really hack me off! :)

jacen
23rd December 2007, 12:00 AM
favorite:
- de konstruct
- arc prime

least favorite
- outpost 7
- amphiseum

Medusa
25th January 2008, 02:54 AM
Favourite so far is definitely Platinum Rush Black. Seems to have a little more flow to it than the White track.

Least Favourite is Outpost 7 White. The Black version seems to go so much smoother for some reason...I don't know exactly why...

wich
14th February 2008, 02:04 PM
Favourites are De Konstruct Black and Vertica Black

When I first encountered Tech De Ra White, I was really miffed with it, I just couldn't get the hang of that chicane at the end. It's better now, but I still rather play the Black versions.

Least favourite is Outpost 7 Black, coming out of the double hairpin you are thrown into that weird double tightening chicane leading up to the start/finish straight, I am *always* getting caught out there and end up in the little nook to the right. Oh well, more practice I guess...

Alex_Se
14th February 2008, 05:32 PM
I would Say For favourites:

Moa Therma both B & W
I love the Mag-lock loop and the landscape, its been my favourite since Grid 1.

Tech de ra B & W
Its so fast, specially in Phantom SPEEEEED.

and Amphiseum White.
The Final Jump is awsome. The last time i saw such a big jump was in The delta Pack for pure.

Most hated:

Basilico W & B.
Sorry Basilico fans, there's no way i can adapt myself into this one :(.

BARTgai
15th February 2008, 01:23 AM
i loved basilico black and the amphiseum w&b.

outpost 7 however, gives me nightmares

Animagic
15th February 2008, 03:57 AM
I haven't unlocked all the tracks yet, but so far my favorites are talons junction black, tech de ra white, and arc prime black.

So far, I think all of the tracks are MILES beyond what was in pure...
but if I had to pick a least favorite, it would be Moa Therma (w&b), simply because it's probably the most boring... though one cool thing is that the environment reminds me of bombmans level from the first megaman on nes haha.

Flint Fandango
6th December 2010, 07:33 PM
My favourite tracks are Moa Therma (Black&White) as well as Metropia (Black&White)! These are good to handle, also for beginners.

Every track has its own challenge, even if Orkus and Basilico are absolutely no joyrides for me, with a lot of practice I also come to finish these tracks in time.

till yesterday there was no track I´ve really hated much...let´s get to the point:

Yesterday, I unlocked Outpost 7. So eager to play, I wanted to check this track immediately - what followed was nothing but pure frustration.
I don´t want to tell you about hairpins´n´stuff - you surely know about these obstacles...
..."best thing" was, when I positioned my beloved Icaras vertically, after it crashed into a column. :brickwall - it took hours to get it straight back on the line. The race was finished before it even began.

Well, I guess I have to practice much harder, to gain a medal at this track!
But until that happens, Outpost 7 will be my most hated track!

Outpost my ":donut"!

IndoorSnowStorm
8th December 2010, 07:25 PM
*Note - I live in the U.S., so I don't have the download packs.

My personal favorite is Outpost 7. Now, before anyone thinks I'm a crazy lunatic, let me explain. :g

1. There's snow. (I like snow, if you can't tell from my username)
2. I love those hairpins!
3. I like the rainbowish colors on the shortcut in the tunnel.
4. It has a cool logo on the starting line.
5. It is in Finland (Homeland of my ex-favorite ship EG-X)

Close seconds are Fort Gale and Vertica

My least favorite would have to be Basilico or Metropia. They both have me wall scraping, but that is pretty much it. :beer

Medusa
9th December 2010, 04:30 PM
Developers take note: there is one person who likes Outpost 7!!!

stin
9th December 2010, 05:02 PM
And me! ;) but so does other guys too!!! So we are not the only ones!

Medusa
9th December 2010, 05:06 PM
LOL curse you all who actually learned to race it properly! ;)

Mad-Ice
9th December 2010, 05:12 PM
Never saw this thread before!

Least favourite tracks are: De Konstruct White and Black. I think they are dull and they don't give me excitement at all.

Most favourite tracks are: Fort Gale White and Black for their long straights to have the possibility to shoot someone from very far and to have close racing next to each other. Also the sharp corners and the nice flow of the tracks are amazing.

IndoorSnowStorm
9th December 2010, 08:11 PM
LOL curse you all who actually learned to race it properly! ;)
It took a VERY long time. I spent hours on it, studying the computer, and using autopilot on the hairpins. I used that data (ooh, a bit scientific now :g)to get a fairly good racing line. Also, I can't race it perfectly. I find myself absorbing a lot of weapons, and scraping a bit. :g

F.E.I.S.A.R
10th December 2010, 02:23 AM
I have quite a number of favourites and hates
Favourites:
-Amphiseum(Black and White,especially white.Too bad they removed the shortcut)
-Fort Gale(Black and White.Black has a Chenghou Project Forward-esque corner that allows me to Barrel Roll multiple times)
-De Konstruct(Black and White)
Hates:
-Outpost 7(Black and White,but the Black run seems more fun that White.I cannot even do the track in a FEISAR!:bomb)

Anyone notice that in the Black run of Basillico,in the mag-strip section,it IS possible to "fall off" and respawn?

Icaras666
23rd December 2010, 02:22 PM
favourite
vertica w/b and fort gale, especially for eliminators

least favourite
outpost7:frown:

Shabaneu
15th January 2011, 04:58 AM
My favourites are Metropia (W), both De Konstruct routes and to a degree Vertica. I don't like Platinum Rush at all. The Harimau DLC tracks are okay, but Orcus is quite fun in eliminator events.

XpanDrome2097
15th January 2011, 11:59 AM
My favourites are talon's junction and moa therma, very easy and very funny...the most hated...outpost 7, one of the worst tracks ever created, it makes me feel mad every time I drive on its damned corners :brickwall!

Rennfisch
6th September 2011, 08:12 PM
most favourite track :): Talons Junction

most hated one :(: Tech De Ra

Challenger #001
7th September 2011, 07:38 PM
TDR was my favourite, but De Konstrukt was just... urgh.

Even the memory gives me an uneasy feeling in my stomach.

MrSmadSmartAlex
7th September 2011, 11:20 PM
Ha, I love De Konstruct. White was my favourite track for a long time (until I discovered the masterpiece, Gemini Dam Black, that is!). :D

Not sure what my least favourite track in Pulse is. Maybe Talon's Junction White (and I dislike the HD Fury version even more). I find the Black version quite fun, though.

JABBERJAW
8th September 2011, 01:34 AM
Hate: any track with minimal turns

Like: difficult navigational tracks. I recently started liking platinum rush White. I like that the Walls can destroy your run if you mess up

Dusk118
8th September 2011, 07:17 PM
Most Favorite: The Amphiseum White. Lots of airtime, plus I used to hold the world record for fastest Flash lap time. :hyper

Least Favorite: Outpost 7. Those 179 degree turns always throw me off, though I am slowly getting better at navigating the track in general. :brickwall

SpeedKAng96
9th September 2011, 01:00 PM
I love De konstrukt (probably not spelled right:bomb) reversed.
I hate Outpost 7 because it's such a pain in the ass with the "U-turns". I always end up kissing the walls :p

squareballref
4th March 2012, 02:57 PM
The Amphiseum. I'm in love with the lighting and the indoor bits.
Least favourite is definitely Outpost 7. It seems to me that they were so focused on making it hard that they sacrificed quality a bit.

Dusk118
8th March 2012, 03:57 AM
As shocking as this may sound, I have managed to get a Perfect Lap at least once in both directions. It was hard, especially on Black, but I did it.

Icaras666
12th March 2012, 05:57 PM
me too...on venom...going purposly slower because I'd already got a speed lap gold...

Dusk118
14th March 2012, 03:24 AM
I was doing a Single Race on Flash when I did that. BOTH times, actually.

MyNameIsBom
14th March 2012, 09:33 AM
Outpost 7, Platnium Rush, Vertica, Fort Gale and The Amphesium was my favourites, as crazy as it may seem but most of my laps were spent on Outpost 7 :O i just loved how tricky those Double V turns are so hard to do, once i mastered those i became obsessed with the track, i ending up spending 400+ hours on PULSE xD Ah the good times....

Arc Prime, and De Konstruct, i didnt really get into them much, they seem too boring, and didnt have many "unique characteristics" in those tracks, the long striaght 180 flip mag lock section of De Konstruct was cool.... but i soon became bored of it :/

stin
14th March 2012, 10:37 AM
Got pure yet?, planning to play with us? :)

MyNameIsBom
18th March 2012, 07:43 AM
me? no i dont have pure, my psp kinda gave up on life... O.o

stin
18th March 2012, 07:48 AM
Ok, just an idea though. Been playing pure alot and thinking of playing Pulse in near future.

Ryuk
19th March 2012, 08:10 PM
does pure have online support?
I'm willing to do some races, since online pulse is dead

MrSmadSmartAlex
20th March 2012, 12:05 AM
Pure doesn't have online support. We were playing Pure through adhoc Party on PS3. Pulse can still be played this way too. ;)