PDA

View Full Version : Brightness on certain tracks

Hellfire_WZ
16th December 2007, 12:35 PM
I've been okay up until now, but I've just done my first grid Rapier race on Metropia Black, and in quite a few places I literally could not see where I was going. Granted, this wasn't helped by all the weapons flying everywhere, but it was nearly impossible to time turns simply because I couldn't see them. If it's like this on Rapier, I'm dreading Phantom.

Does anyone else have this problem or do my eyes need testing?

Roz
16th December 2007, 12:37 PM
I don't have any problems seeing turns or the track. I've raced on Phantom Metropia Black on-line and didn't have a problem (not even lag). Maybe you're playing near intense light sources?

swift killer
16th December 2007, 01:23 PM
I have big problems with eyesight, but then again, i am partially blind with my left eye.

If some of you seen me playing on the network (before i lost my account) you will have noticed the bizzare mistakes i make sometimes.

Hellfire_WZ
16th December 2007, 01:24 PM
Snap, so am I. Certainly makes life more difficult at high speeds

ZenDJiNN
16th December 2007, 01:38 PM
Wow, strange or what? I'm also blind in my left eye!!

I'm not sure if i find it hard "because" of it or not as i have no way of knowing what it would be like with "2 eyes" as it were, but as for some of the tracks being dark.... i totally agree. It's even worse in certain lighting levels. :)

Roz
16th December 2007, 01:56 PM
Well, for one thing, the darkness reminds me of 2097, which is a good thing. Pure is way to flashy ;P

swift killer
16th December 2007, 02:06 PM
Zen, Hellfire, one thing for sure, we can gloat excessively when we win!

"You just lost to a (partially) blind man!":g

*I noticed girls like guys with abit of a squint, they find it cute!

ZenDJiNN
16th December 2007, 03:58 PM
Swift - :g - Although being a pretty lousy (read "new") pilot, the only gloating i tend to do is with the AI. Doesn't quite have the same effect! :beer

phl0w
16th December 2007, 05:20 PM
I noticed that too, and I don't have any visual impairment of any kind (knocks on wood). Granted, the game is much darker than Pure but on brightness level 4 it's no problem. However, I think the first person view is a tad lower than Pure's which- for me- often results in a misjudged apex, where the track runs flat or a bit uphill, which is deadly on Rapier and the more so on Phantom (if something can be "deadlier", that is ;) ).

Lance
16th December 2007, 05:52 PM
I am blind in both eyes, which explains why I sometimes find it difficult to get with three tenths of a second of Asa's lap times. BTW, reading your comments here is difficult; I had to buy a braille computer monitor.

;)

:g

Hellfire_WZ
16th December 2007, 05:53 PM
Okay, smart arse :D

ZenDJiNN
16th December 2007, 05:58 PM
LOL! So Lance, would that be a "Joystick" or a "White Stick" you would use? :g

Lance
16th December 2007, 06:00 PM
It's a white stick that twists in the middle. :)

swift killer
16th December 2007, 06:04 PM
I am blind in both eyes, which explains why I sometimes find it difficult to get with three tenths of a second of Asa's lap times. BTW, reading your comments here is difficult; I had to buy a braille computer monitor.

Cheeky!

ZenDJiNN
16th December 2007, 06:17 PM
Lance - Better not mistake it for a Light Sabre then.... one twist & "FOOF" you'll be flying without your eyes OR your hands! :g

Frances_Penfold
17th December 2007, 12:32 AM
Just wanted to mention that it's possible to run the PSP at the 4th (maximum) brightness setting-- even when the PSP is NOT plugged in, and WITHOUT using any custom firmware tomfoolery.

As I recall, it involves plugging the PSP in, setting the unit to the fourth brightness setting, launching a game, then unplugging the power at the loading screen-- the PSP stays in the max brightness setting until you go into sleep mode or until you adjust the brightness again.

Or something like that :) It's been a few months since I've done this.

I am really hoping that Sony sees fit to officially unlock manual control of the fourth lighting setting because there are times when it is absolutely worth it the battery use to have it.

Lion
17th December 2007, 05:09 AM
I haven't found the tracks in pulse any problem for visibility, though slight kinks like just after the start line on de konstruct white tend to be hard to notice for some reason. I simply learned that one and it's not an issue anymore.

the problem I have (and I had this to a slightly lesser extent in pure) is that I concentrate on a fixed distance for so long.. and usually wind up getting my PSP closer and closer to my face.. that my eyes lose the ability to focus properly for a while when I stop playing.
there's no way I could drive after a 30 min pulse session.