PDA

View Full Version : demo problems - please help!

DawnFireDragoon
13th December 2007, 11:46 PM
guys, help!

i download the demo file:

download_576970456F7574C2AE2050756C73652044656D6F. xpd

put it in my GAME folder on my psp and i can't play it, it won't even show up as corrupted data....what's going on? do i need new firmware for the demo, as i have the psp slim, with 3.60?

any input would be appreciated. thanks.

stin
14th December 2007, 06:43 AM
If you has FW 3.60?, please update up to 3.71 and there is the latest I think is 3.73. Once you done that, them press right click on downloader folder "run as...", that will keeps you right and then right click on demo pulse "open with..." and that is you up and running.

Make sure you have psp`s cable connected to pc ;)

I have had been playing till 1am this morning.

stevie:)

DawnFireDragoon
14th December 2007, 09:30 AM
i finally got this working. :) i like it, but have a few issues, in the retail version does anyone know if you can:

1. change fire weapon to Circle (old school wipeout fan!)
2. switch off shakey HUD effect when you hit walls
3. switch off the very odd and intrusive red weapon warning icons?

other than these few things it looks and plays great.

Fascia
14th December 2007, 12:20 PM
1. Yes
2. Yes
3. No

Colin Berry
14th December 2007, 12:40 PM
The visual weapon warnings went in quite late, we were messing around with them in HD and thought we'd sneak them into Pulse.

I like how they work, however in hindsight we probably should have made them a switchable option, I'll ensure its done for HD

Lance
14th December 2007, 04:20 PM
I discovered while participating in browser test programs, that based on the reactions of sorta public testers to new features, everything should be a switchable option.

DawnFireDragoon
14th December 2007, 08:10 PM
it's nice to hear you guys take in what the fans think, it's one of those things which i'm sure will divide people and, i agree, should be an optional thing in future games. personally it just distracts from the track ahead and when you get multiple one's it's just a pain in the ass. i don't want to say it makes me dislike the game, but it kinda does...don't need loads of stuff been banged up on the screen when shifting around a track that fast!!! :)

just thought of this, colin, any chance of the visual weapons been changed to optional in a future platinum release...or are platinum releases usually a direct copy of the games code?

Task
14th December 2007, 08:15 PM
Even better than "warnings on/off" would be if you could _customize_ them!
As in, "Warnings: Customized" would lead to a list of all the weapons, and each one could be turned on/off. So you could get a warning for Plasma and RevCon (say), but not for anything else.

Best of both worlds! 8 )

Edit: Platinum releases are typically just reprints of games that sold really well. The price comes down, it's got "Platinum!" or "Greatest Hits!" on it, but otherwise it's exactly the same game. Also, you can use Edit when you want to add to a post.