PDA

View Full Version : Online Meetings, Pulse

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Tomahawk
11th December 2007, 06:43 PM
Something like our Pulse Kai Rendez-vous thread... I'm online now, anybody want to join me and have a few races? :D

Roz
11th December 2007, 06:59 PM
I would join you... if I had the game! How is online?

Tomahawk
11th December 2007, 07:42 PM
It's totally awesome! We've had a game going with 4 players and I've experienced some lag, but nothing serious as we had on some nights when we were playing pure on X-Link Kai...You've got your own online profile which shows how many races you've done, how many you've won, how many times your ship's been destroyed, etc... The game's full of the weirdest statistics I tell you! 8)

orgy
11th December 2007, 07:54 PM
if there's no such thing as a lobby, i would suggest to create an irc channel or something similar only for online games?
then it would be way easier to communicate with each other.

mdhay
11th December 2007, 08:04 PM
Any chance of a time spent looking at stats on there?

Hellfire_WZ
11th December 2007, 08:26 PM
You can guarantee I'll be on as soon as I get the game ;)

Tomahawk
11th December 2007, 09:22 PM
if there's no such thing as a lobby, i would suggest to create an irc channel or something similar only for online games?
then it would be way easier to communicate with each other.

There's no lobby to chat during the races as far as I've seen. MSN, IRC or whatever should do the trick, though.

Any chance of a time spent looking at stats on there?

Of course it's there mdhay. :nod But not for your online profile afaik, only for your overall profile. When you're in the main menu of the game, it randomly shows some of your stats in a scrolling menu bar. Something like "You've done 261 sideshifts throughout the game" or "You've fired a grand total of 4 rockets." Funny stuff!

You can guarantee I'll be on as soon as I get the game ;)

I'm looking forward to it, post here the time when you'll be online and your tag. Btw. my online tag is TomatoJoe, same as I'm using for Kai.

Asayyeah
11th December 2007, 09:27 PM
Dear Tom , you introduced the happy-online sessions for Pulse : geez i envy you matey. I don't own the game yet ( tomorrow ) but still struggling to connect psp with wifimax (dns error). Hopefully Borell is visiting me from thursday to monday , maybe i can be helped there :|

Have you played good skilled pilots?

Tomahawk
11th December 2007, 09:31 PM
I don't have to use my wifimax to go online with pulse, Asa. I'm using only my wireless router.

I didn't play anybody from the zone, yet. And I've won all but 2 races up to now, but I'm still playing online right now so there might be a few more losses to come for me. ;)

zargz
12th December 2007, 12:09 AM
cool! I'll be there tomorrow night! :D

rdmx
12th December 2007, 12:15 AM
I'll be there for an ass-kicking when I get my PSP d-pad fixed and i get pulse! :hyper

Chrono
12th December 2007, 12:28 AM
I was just talking to DarkManiac about this earlier. Look forward to catching yall online

zargz
12th December 2007, 03:31 PM
I'm on right now! 8)

mdhay
12th December 2007, 03:47 PM
I'll probaly not going on it till January, since I have to wait 3 weeks to get it, then practice so I can beat Asayyeah. [I will beat you, Arnaud, I will]

Flashback Jack
12th December 2007, 04:08 PM
He's not the only threat, you know. Wait until Mad-Ice and the rest of the crazies make an appearance. :)

- F

Sausehuhn
12th December 2007, 04:13 PM
I'll be online tonight. But well I just played a few races so far and I'm not better than Flash yet (which is really fast compared to Pure).
But yes, I'll be there!

Btw: Wouldn't it be nice if we had some software for teamspeak?

DjManiac21
12th December 2007, 05:12 PM
If you guys want to add me on msn to play online and chat here it is:

maniac217@hotmail.com

I'm going online now!

See you there!

Mad-Ice
12th December 2007, 05:15 PM
I am in.!!!! Wauw this is the sizzle my main man. Dope!!! I had to call 10 toy and game shops after visiting 6 stores already, but now I have it yihaa!!!

What is you tag?

I just raced TomotoJoe and just now zargz

zargz
12th December 2007, 05:29 PM
c'est moi!

hey mad no need to see the intro each race o'right? 8)

------------------

how about start the race .. today huh mad? :?

----------------

seems like the guy with the star - the winner Starts the race so when you win just press 'start game' ..

Mad-Ice
12th December 2007, 05:31 PM
MMM still liking it, only saw it 5 times. Gigahihi!! I just got the game in only played a few races online not even the game itself!

DjManiac and me are online and racing me is hosting

zargz
12th December 2007, 05:44 PM
aaah what a cry baby!! i eliminated this guy on race 2 of 3 , he won 1st one, and he immediately DCed!!!? geez! :mr-t

sleh
12th December 2007, 05:51 PM
Hi Tom, hi Mad-ice, hi Zargz, hi alll...

I just bought it (still sealed for the moment caus' no time to play tonight) but i'm very excited to nearly play with all my european friends (remember amsterdam :beer ) and new rookies.

See you soon.

Mad-Ice
12th December 2007, 05:59 PM
Hi there mate,

Good to see you, this is so good!!! See you tomorrow!

At zargz: Where are you dude only saw you for three races and you are gone?

zargz
12th December 2007, 06:02 PM
salut sleh! yeh seeya soon!
it's a random bunch of players around here some I beat easy other beat me easy LOL!!!

------------------

aaaaarrgghh mad ice! your pure mad pure skills kept you ahead of me! >_<'

DjManiac21
12th December 2007, 08:33 PM
Oh man... we had some great battles with Mad online, and I guess someone fell in love with the "Tech De Ra" circuit 8)
It's gonna be an awesome weekend if everyone can get the game.

Best of luck to all who couldn´t get it yet! :beer

Mad-Ice
12th December 2007, 08:44 PM
It sure was a lot of fun! Very close and intense racing. DjM and me both tip over on the roof in to two seperate races and guess who won. When I tipped over DjM won and the other way around. Races so smooth and fun this is how it supposed to be. Wipers Unite!!!

orgy
12th December 2007, 08:49 PM
youre making me eager to play that game, can't take it any longer :hyper
ill probably join you on monday and then i want to see you race like KANDANG :D.

btw. is there something like a spectator mode, or is it only possible for 8 players to join the game and acutally play?

Sausehuhn
12th December 2007, 09:30 PM
Somebody online?

Chrono
12th December 2007, 09:37 PM
Online now, I see mad ice

Sausehuhn
12th December 2007, 09:41 PM
Question:
when I 1st enteren infrastructure mode I had to choose country etc. Now I'm directly in an universe (that has no players in) oO
How can I get back to the "chose country" screen?

Roz
12th December 2007, 09:42 PM
Bargh, I can only race on weekends, since I don't have internet her on my college house.

Hey guys, are you using somekind of WZone ID? It would be cool to race random people only to spot a WZone fella.

Sausehuhn
12th December 2007, 09:43 PM
Question:
when I 1st enteren infrastructure mode I had to choose country etc. Now I'm directly in an universe (that has no players in) oO
How can I get back to the "chose country" screen?

"circle" was the answer -.-

DjManiac21
13th December 2007, 06:18 PM
anyone online now???

zargz
13th December 2007, 06:21 PM
moi :)

thanx Gkyl! ;)

G'Kyl
13th December 2007, 07:57 PM
Damnit, my laptop shut down! (I use the Thrustmaster FunAccess)

Anyway, greeeat fun, very exciting finally meeting you an eye for an eye, pal! :-) We should definitely continue this the next... few months, even if we got our b..acks kicked just a little. ;-) Btw, what exactely happened in our first race? You were just suddenly gone.

Neverdown
13th December 2007, 08:01 PM
Finally we can see if you guys really use the same team as your avatar.
*har* *har* *har*

G'Kyl
13th December 2007, 08:07 PM
They do - but not always in online races. You've gotta be realistic about your chances in a Piranha... ;-)

zargz
13th December 2007, 08:14 PM
.. Btw, what exactely happened in our first race? You were just suddenly gone.got eliminated .. by the walls! LOL!!!
yeh good one Gkyl! I just need to learn more than the first 4 trax! ;)

just started on the 3rd grid - 2nd day but/and too much infra!!! :D hehe

G'Kyl
13th December 2007, 08:17 PM
Ahem, yeah, kinda figured something like that. Note to myself: No more Rapier for zargz...

;-)

zargz
13th December 2007, 08:23 PM
next week? :p

DjManiac21
13th December 2007, 09:04 PM
We've been racing with Chrono and alter, good stuff! :P
Hope to drop our msns again on the thread for them and meet you all tomorrow for some more action! :D

Great to finally get a chance to race with you alter!

alterego
13th December 2007, 09:12 PM
Hi Dj, hi all.

Nice to meet you with peace love and some pulse's bombs...;) :D
Read you soon
CdRom

Chrono
13th December 2007, 10:40 PM
Just got home from Dj's, great races tonight alterego, look forward to more

Mad-Ice
14th December 2007, 11:35 AM
I will be on tonight!! See you all in the arena and on msn!!

Chrono
14th December 2007, 12:29 PM
Mauro and I will be online quite a bit tonight. If you want we can make a wipeoutzone.com room all night =P.

zerojay
14th December 2007, 01:05 PM
I've been having a great time online... though there are quite a lot of bugs. Not the end of the world though.

One thing I just have to ask... does anyone know who this Lord_of_God guy is (or is it God_of_lord?) I'm not sure, but I think he's a cheater. I don't want to accuse him/her/it, especially if they're known around here, but... it just doesn't seem right. Now, I know what you're thinking... "sore loser"... but in about 20 or so races, he's constantly creamed everyone by about 20 seconds or so. I know... "he's just better than you". Here's the thing. He's using what seems to be a Feisar and absolutely no one can catch up to him, even using the ships with the highest top speed with all perfect laps.

Something just doesn't seem right and if you play against him, you'll know what I mean. Anyone else get the same feeling?

qirex
14th December 2007, 01:34 PM
its GOD_of_LORD. and yeah same feeling here. just look a the online records table (btw anyone else cant change speed class anymore???) . he seems to be constantly atleast 1-2 seconds better than everyone else... maybe uses autopilot or turbo cheat with cwcheat.

lunar
14th December 2007, 01:38 PM
I haven`t played online so can`t comment on that. But it seems a bit odd that he can be on top of the leaderboard times, by a hefty margin, using the slowest ship on a relatively straight track such as Moa Therma, against pilots like Kandang, Alterego and DJManiac who (I remember) was an almost unbeatable beast of a pilot on Vineta K. Respect if this guy really is that good, but that does look odd.

G'Kyl
14th December 2007, 01:44 PM
If you want we can make a wipeoutzone.com room all night =P.

That would help a lot in finding the right guys to play with, so: yes, here's my vote for a WOZ room! ;)

Ben

Chrono
14th December 2007, 01:56 PM
DjManiac and I should be on around 8ish GMT +1, if we dont goto a bar or a coffee shop. Well if we goto a coffee shop, we'll still probably be on at 8, cause they have wifi. However, I don't think we're gonna race phantom yet, just Rapier and Flash. We've talked about it, and we're just not ready to make that jump yet, especially me.

zargz
14th December 2007, 02:36 PM
hell, I'm not ready for rapier yet! as g'kyl knows. ;)

-------------------------

hey NZlion!!! just had a race with you online!
noticed at the standings! :eek

orgy
14th December 2007, 06:21 PM
maybe some of you want to join me on IRC (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_Relay_Chat). i opened a channel on Efnet.
direct link: #Wipeout on Efnet (irc://irc.servercentral.net:6667/wipeout)

if youre browsing with FireFox you can use Chatzilla (https://addons.mozilla.org/de/firefox/addon/16) in order to join the channel.

Windows users in general can use Mirc (http://www.mirc.co.uk/).
for linux users i recommend Xchat (http://www.xchat.org).

Fascia
14th December 2007, 06:31 PM
hell, I'm not ready for rapier yet! as g'kyl knows. ;)

hey NZlion!!! just had a race with you online!
noticed at the standings! :eek

Hey Zargz, we just had a few races online, good races :P. (My PSN handle is technicolour)

Edit: Hehe sorry for eliminating you that time :P

infoxicated
14th December 2007, 06:36 PM
I'll be getting my copy later on tonight, so hopefully I'll be online by by ten. (to get my ass kicked!) :D

Rapier Racer
14th December 2007, 06:37 PM
I may also be on later 8)

EDIT: Forget that I'm on now :D

Roz
14th December 2007, 07:00 PM
Oi Fascia, you're technicolor? Just raced against you, on TJ Black, Single Race, one on one. I was with Triakis ;D

Anyone online now? RozPT is my handle! Let's play!

Fascia
14th December 2007, 07:05 PM
Oh nice, you were my first disconnect :( (ran out of battery)

Roz
14th December 2007, 07:07 PM
No worries mate. Actually, I was in the middle of a tournament now and the PSP just poof. Shut down instantly. Anyway, I'm online now, we'll meet there.

Fascia
14th December 2007, 07:20 PM
Got a room on phatom/TJW as I type :D

Roz
14th December 2007, 07:25 PM
Holy crap, Phantom is quick. 2nd time ever I race on Phantom in Pulse. I can't believe how much I rammed into walls. You nearly got me at the end!

I was very lucky! Good Race :D

--- edit ---

you got me! :D

Fascia
14th December 2007, 07:28 PM
Wow only your second time? I was a blubbering mess my second time, and I still bump into walls :P But yeah, good race.

Edit: Your turn to host!

Close one, Can't say i've done metropia black on phantom yet, who was the bastard in Piranha?

Edit: After that one you're going to hate me now, what a close finish.

Roz
14th December 2007, 07:38 PM
Metropia Black was great! :D

OMG! 2 miliseconds difference win! LUCK LUCK LUCK :D

Awesome race!

---

whoops, on choosing Arc Prime Black. First time ever on the track, and Phantom isn't the best way to get to know it. Your time choosing mate.

Fascia
14th December 2007, 07:39 PM
Yeah, was so lucky I got the misile that time. Good race

Edit: That's my fill for today, good races.

Roz
14th December 2007, 07:46 PM
Actually, I was the one who was lucky! Cmon! I really don't know how you didn't overtake me. Serious luck on my behalf. Your missle should've let you win! Anyway, good races Fascia, will keep on training so that I can keep up with you ;)

Racing stin right now! :D

--- edit ---

good races stin!

Neverdown
14th December 2007, 08:27 PM
Seeing you guys post about your online results make me jealous.. :)
Fortunately, I'll probably get the game tomorrow.

stin
14th December 2007, 09:01 PM
WOW!, there is some shithot players out there!!!!:clap

Well, I have not played my game yet cos I`m too busy to play online!!!

I did really had a great time

stevie:)

zargz
14th December 2007, 09:02 PM
roz, fascia - head to the 'Online tag and msn' thread and add yourselves!

and now that I know it's you who eliminated me - grrrh!! :)

DjManiac21
14th December 2007, 09:28 PM
PW protected room by pvd racer, astonova:
C0LIN (o is zero)

Flashback Jack
14th December 2007, 09:40 PM
But it seems a bit odd that he can be on top of the leaderboard times, by a hefty margin, using the slowest ship on a relatively straight track such as Moa Therma, against pilots like Kandang, Alterego and DJManiac..

Heating up, no doubt. I'll be in the mix in due time. :)

- F

Medusa
14th December 2007, 11:59 PM
Each time I see God_of_Lord's tag I think, not only is he/she blasphemous but also an oxymoron!;) When you think about it...doesn't make sense...anyways I'm going to get out of this thread now...:naughty

Roz
15th December 2007, 12:20 AM
Amazing races people! zargz, DJManiac, Astronovus2010, Mad-Ice, Chrono11 and Thibob!

Had so much fun in the couple of tournaments we had! You guys are all great chaps and amazing skillful! Can't wait to play you guys again!

Cheers!

DjManiac21
15th December 2007, 12:24 AM
Thanks for the races guys, it was real fun. Looking forward to the next online session. Chrono and I wish you a happy weekend

Chrono- I´m gonna type here too since I´m not home. Great night racing you guys (Mad Ice, PVD, zargz, ROZ, gkyl, stin). Hope to see all of yáll on again soon. Mauro and I were getting drunker as the night went on:beer

alterego
15th December 2007, 08:05 AM
Hi All.

Yesterday night I run a lot with Asa and Borell on the old Kai way with the new Pulse....:)

We test the functionality of the 'ad hoc' mode and it's very well :)

I was online on 'infra' mode yesterday night, but I had a lot of 'disconnection'....and only in the late night around the 02.00 all goes in the right way :(

Excuse me for my absence....I really hope to see you all my dear mate on some universe in the next future.... :)

Read You Soon
CdRom

Dogg Thang
15th December 2007, 09:29 AM
Are you guys keeping together through MSN? I was on last night and could see a few of your games but didn't know the pass as I wasn't near a computer. Is there a general WOZone pass?

Lion
15th December 2007, 10:06 AM
dunno about passwords, but whenever I create a game I change the name from the default NZLion (My tag) to WZLion to make it stand out to zone pilots :)

Roz
15th December 2007, 11:38 AM
Are you guys keeping together through MSN? I was on last night and could see a few of your games but didn't know the pass as I wasn't near a computer. Is there a general WOZone pass?

Yes we were all in a MSN chat and playing at the same time. It's just nice to comment after a race (those 40+ seconds are nince for post game). Add your MSN address in the thread and chat with us!

We were using C0LIN (0 = zero) as a pass.

Thibob
15th December 2007, 11:47 AM
Great races yesterday evening :)

Dogg Thang
15th December 2007, 12:30 PM
Cool, I'll set that up, Roz. Maybe the thing to do if it's okay, as I'm often not near my comp, is to stick with a WOZone pass (or one each day or whatever) so the people not on MSN can still join. Look forward to racing you guys!

Chrono
15th December 2007, 02:19 PM
Again great racing last night guys. I have to tell you something though. After DjManiac dictated his forum post to me, he laid down to do a time trial. While it was loading, he fell asleep with the PSP in his hands. His wife and I watched, laughed, and took pictures (which I will put up here as soon as I can). The PSP eventually fell out of his hands, but then is where it got really funny. He was still playing the game in his sleep. His hands were up like he was holding a control, and his kept spamming the right airbrake. It was priceless

zargz
15th December 2007, 02:30 PM
http://geocities.com/zargz/leenden/lol.gifLOL! Awesome! post soon!

zerojay
15th December 2007, 02:36 PM
An IRC room is definitely a good idea for this.. is there already a Wipeout Zone IRC room? (I'm currently sitting in the room mentioned earlier in this thread with orgy.)

Chrono
15th December 2007, 02:50 PM
We had like 7 wipeoutzone.com guys in MSN in one room last night...worked great

orgy
15th December 2007, 03:23 PM
yeah, but those msn chats are quite transient. an irc channel for the whole forum would be quite cool. anyone can join and just chill :coffee and meet people who want to play.

lunar
15th December 2007, 03:25 PM
LOL Chrono that was a great story.

I finally have it, and here`s me on Moa Therma to prove it:

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a392/sparks1000/mtqirex.jpg

see you all online tonight.

Hellfire_WZ
15th December 2007, 03:43 PM
http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii60/Hellfire_WZ/wo_20071215_161647.jpg

Me too, count me in :)

Chrono
15th December 2007, 04:02 PM
looks good too, but this is the wrong place to post those

Neverdown
15th December 2007, 04:25 PM
So, how can I join the the fun?
EU lobby and then?

Hellfire_WZ
15th December 2007, 04:30 PM
looks good too, but this is the wrong place to post those

We were just showing we've finally got the game ;)

Tomahawk
15th December 2007, 07:13 PM
So, how can I join the the fun?
EU lobby and then?

I just hang around in the lobby (EU) and wait for a game of one of our members here to pop up. Or I try to contact some through msn. Just have a look at this thread (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4338).

Chrono
15th December 2007, 09:52 PM
DJ AND I are online right now...and on MSN

We have a room right now
Name: WipEoutzone1
PW: wpz

zerojay
15th December 2007, 10:29 PM
I'm online right now as well... against someone with the handle "gamespotuk". ;)

lunar
15th December 2007, 10:53 PM
so smooth online and great to see the names Hellfire and Asayyeah out there:beer

GamespotUK wasn`t so good ;) but Zerojay you were fast! Really got to learn more than the one track and get a grip on the turning...... it`s gonna take me at least a few months to reach an acceptable standard at this Pulse business. :eek

Chrono
16th December 2007, 12:32 AM
BTW, after playing online with y'all tonight, my online deaths went from 4 to *drumroll* 16. Yes you guys killed me 12 times tonight...12 :eek

zargz
16th December 2007, 01:05 AM
that's what you get for playing with the Big Bwoys! :D
not that I am one of them .. :?

Roz
16th December 2007, 01:28 AM
Again, great, great races DJ, mad, chrono, zero, zargz, TomatoJoe, Rapier and Never. Looking forward for our next meeting! 12 Phantom race tournaments for the win :beer

BTW, after playing online with y'all tonight, my online deaths went from 4 to *drumroll* 16. Yes you guys killed me 12 times tonight...12 :eek

Indeed, I have never seen a person being killed off so many times as you did. Not your most glorious night I must say! Although you still managed to take that win on Vertica :clap

Chrono
16th December 2007, 02:42 AM
here is the long awaited photo of DJmaniac (mauro) passed out WHILE playing Pulse

http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/1742/dsc06700wb9.th.jpg (http://img256.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc06700wb9.jpg)

KANDANG
16th December 2007, 09:09 AM
what time are you guys on usually?

played with zerojay / technicolour yest before bedtime

:beer

Neverdown
16th December 2007, 10:22 AM

You are the only reason that I got some points. :D

--------------------

Yesterday when we played we were playing from 0:00 to 2:00. Those times are GMT +1.
In the weekdays I can play from GMT +1 [16:00] untill something like [24:00]. Unless I have to go anywhere ofcourse.

Roz
16th December 2007, 10:25 AM
what time are you guys on usually?

played with zerojay / technicolour yest before bedtime

Usually, between 22:00 and 2:00AM (England time, GMT+0 i think). We also had zerojay in our game, must've been after he played with you! You must join us today =)

Haha chrono, I like DJ's expression. It seems he's concentrated (I can see the beer cans in the lower right corner). Doping isn't allowed! :beer

zargz
16th December 2007, 11:24 AM
what time are you guys on usually?you can hook up with NZ lion. found out from him yesterday - the time differance between euro and kiwi/ozzy is approx 12 hrs
so when we play here 10pm-2am for you that's midday! ;)

DJs pic = Priceless! http://geocities.com/zargz/leenden/lol.gif

zerojay
16th December 2007, 02:39 PM
I'm on pretty much any time that I'm not sleeping or working. :)

So you might catch me before work at 6am EST, or anytime between 5pm and 1am EST. Maybe I'll wake up in the middle of the night and play a few. ;)

zerojay
16th December 2007, 03:36 PM
I don't know what just happened, but in my second match with Hellfire, I was in the lead on the 2nd lap of Arc Prime White and I fell through the bottom of the track right at the first turn. Arrrrrggghhhh.

Hellfire_WZ
16th December 2007, 03:39 PM
I was wondering where you went, it's unlike you to fall that far back... :?

Neverdown
16th December 2007, 07:10 PM
Somebody up for some games now?

G'Kyl
16th December 2007, 07:16 PM
I'll be online in a few minutes.

Chrono
16th December 2007, 07:18 PM
Hosting a game right now, 5 or so people in it. Same name and password ad last night

Amaru
16th December 2007, 07:23 PM
Long time WipEout Zone lurker but WipEout Pure pilot, I'll join in from now on if you don't mind. ;3

Name: AoNekoAmaru
Ship: EG.X "Cedacian Bancho Model 1"

Flashback Jack
16th December 2007, 09:13 PM
Intensity squared tonight. Utter madness.

The last five or so tracks I'm several fractions of a percentage point familiar with. Outpost 7 was my second run ever, and it showed. KABOOM, eh.

Excellent showing, Hellfire. Damn, you're all a fearsome bunch.

I'll be ready fer yas the next time around, however, so that my wings don't end up clipped on the twelvth track of a twelve-track tournament like they were tonight. :)

- F

Hellfire_WZ
16th December 2007, 09:26 PM
I got lucky mate, I was never expecting to clip it at the end like that :)

You know your stuff when it comes to an AG-Systems, very impressive ;)

Flashback Jack
16th December 2007, 09:34 PM
Heh, thanks. The tournament was a massive wakeup call after a day or so of lackluster competition on Venom and Flash tracks in other servers. The difference was noticeable; everyone had blood in their eyes tonight -- LOTS of jostling in some of those curves.

Arc Prime White. Loved boosting and barrel rolling clear over like five of you on the wavy straightaway. Had to do it twice after you all caught back up.

They don't call us pilots fer nothing. Pull back on the stick and liftoff, baby! :)

- F

Riccardo Raccis
16th December 2007, 10:48 PM
Racing... now :g

(Black_Spiral, eh)

rdmx
16th December 2007, 10:56 PM
Heh, just got Pulse. Went into the Australian server yesterday and saw Flashback_Jack :O. I think i beat him in one random phantom race on Metropia :D

Btw, my new account name is radiumx

zargz
16th December 2007, 11:24 PM
good racing lunar!!! and .. riccardo?
yeh I wondered who black_spiral was! 8)

and stin and rr - good one! :)

riccardo: go to the tag and msn thread!

my eyes hurt and .. headache .. better stop now .. *faint* x_x'

Riccardo Raccis
17th December 2007, 09:22 AM
Cheers Zargz. Yeah I was Black_Spiral. No I didn't race good! I started to randomly bump into walls after two races actually - but I never said I was a good pilot anyway... or a constant one :dizzy :g

Neverdown
17th December 2007, 01:19 PM
Anyway, let's set up an IRC channel. Inviting everyone that's on msn is going to be anoying.

zerojay
17th December 2007, 01:39 PM
No more annoying than inviting them on MSN. :)

Neverdown
17th December 2007, 04:18 PM
I forgot how to put an L bot into the channel. All guys, come Idle in #wipeoutzone on quakenet.

Vincent_VII
17th December 2007, 04:29 PM
I raced a few times over the weekend. Lots of dropouts and lost connections in mid match. Two poor fellows just couldn't hack it at Phantom speeds (not that I am much better) and blew up before the first lap was over.

I raced against someone who I think I have seen on Gamefaqs. He handed my ass to me with a smile. I was able to pace him for the first lap in almost every race but, per usual, my game fell apart from one two many wall grazes and he left me behind. If I dared to Quake him he would hit the air brakes and teach me a lesson. I wish I could remember the handle. Very good pilot and GG if you are reading this. :beer

Lance
17th December 2007, 05:57 PM
Vincent VII said: ''He handed my ass to me with a smile.''

A new candidate for the randomly displayed quotes on the main page, maybe?

lunar
17th December 2007, 07:15 PM
I had some very good Flash races with Zargz last night - great to race you for the first time mate. :beer See ya later I hope.

Hellfire_WZ
17th December 2007, 09:55 PM
Just had a fantastic 12-race tour with Stevie, Pavel and Tom. Great stuff guys :)

Tomahawk
17th December 2007, 10:00 PM
Yes, very good races indeed! And not to forget about the random guy (or npc as we called him). Lots of fun!

zargz
18th December 2007, 12:10 AM
mine was the task too keep him behind the woz racers and I did that with a 2 points margin! :D
good fun!

had some races with inserction and than with zerojay ..

>_<# .. *I'll get you! .. eventually.. *

and I thohgt your name was Joe!!!

tomatojoe? heh

zerojay you need to tell me how you get that speed in your assegai! :mr-t
hope you didn't tune that engine illegally! ;)

zerojay
18th December 2007, 02:53 AM
There's a damn good reason why my copy of Wipeout says that my favorite weapon is "the Turbo". ;)

stin
18th December 2007, 06:57 AM
I had a great time with Pavel, Charlie and Thomas, but 12 race????!!:dizzy, crazy stuff and so smooth, lastly this mystery guy who is a not bad player!:robot

More to come.

q_dmc12
18th December 2007, 07:09 AM
I'll be on next year, sometime in early January - I finally imported:rolleyes:

PS> is there any mic support in the lobby?

Lion
18th December 2007, 07:25 AM
No communication support at all :(
Here's hoping HD has that sorted

orgy
18th December 2007, 09:16 AM
could be easily done by teamspeak though :D

zargz
18th December 2007, 10:16 PM
hey, amaru - good racing tonight!

what grid are you on?

Amaru
18th December 2007, 10:31 PM
The first races were really tough on the frontline and I ended up just barely one point ahead. :P

I'm on Grid 11 and I guess I'll get back to it now that those races with you all have warmed me up. X3

Roz
18th December 2007, 10:33 PM
Great. Get on the irc channel. Me and Fascia (technicolor) are playin!

Neverdown
19th December 2007, 02:51 PM
Doesn't matter who are playing, get on the IRC channel!

cybrpnk
19th December 2007, 07:00 PM
Just had my first online WipEout session...WOW!!! Stuff single player...lol...online IS the future...

handle: cybrpnk

see you all on the track...

zargz
20th December 2007, 12:42 AM
good one tonight lunar radium & TC ! :+

rdmx
20th December 2007, 04:24 AM
I'm radiumx :nod
Awesome races with spk (lunar i think?), TC (technicolour) and zargz! Pulse is awesome online! I just wish other people shared my love for speeds higher than flash :g

ZenDJiNN
20th December 2007, 08:09 AM
Hey insertcoin, i was in a couple of those races last night (Which were great) but i didn't recognise the ship that you were using..... what was it? You were just uncatchable, and i tried several different ships trying to catch you up. :brickwall :)

As for the faster speeds, i'd love to have a go, but Flash (or maybe Rapier) is about as fast as i get at the moment, and even then only on certain tracks.... I won't even bother entering a race if it's on De Konstrukt because i'm rubbish on that track at almost any speed! :g

Great fun anyway, and thanks to zargz for putting on some races "Without" weapons.... "What a Difference!" :)

rdmx
20th December 2007, 08:53 AM
Heh, it's become my trademark ship :)
http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/8955/wo20071220164242ol4.th.jpg (http://img297.imageshack.us/my.php?image=wo20071220164242ol4.jpg)
For those who don't want to be spoiled, check the sign on the side of the craft and take a guess what it is :nod

lunar
20th December 2007, 09:43 AM
I'm radiumx :nod

I was wondering about the identity of radiumx.... very nice flying in that pimped AGS. :) Great racing everyone, thanks.

I just wish other people shared my love for speeds higher than flash

I played Pure online solid for almost two years and will do the same with this, so I`ll get to Phantom in the end and race that mainly, but I`d rather not race it until I`ll be good at it. I don`t have much practice time, and that`s my excuse ;) But this game is better than Pure online, better weapons balancing and less barrel rolls making the biggest difference. No more "if I get bombed or quaked one more time I`m gonna smash my PSP".

Roz
20th December 2007, 10:58 AM
I just wish other people shared my love for speeds higher than flash :g

We raced on Phantom several times! And I got my ass kicked :nod

zargz
20th December 2007, 09:26 PM
sorry astronova!!!! my battery just died .. my first DC by sudden battery dead :(

Neverdown
21st December 2007, 01:24 PM
Good games yesterday zargz, but I should've won that Moa Therma White race in the tournament.

zerojay
21st December 2007, 03:00 PM
I joined a Phantom race last night with DJ, I think... but ended up quitting at the first corner. I know no one's going to believe me, but my wife hit me in the eye with a paper airplane.

Seriously.

DjManiac21
21st December 2007, 03:16 PM
Oh, that's why!

Well, I really believe you, my wife tends to do the same sort of thing we I'm playing :p

It's allright, we'll get another chance soon ;) I was happy there for a second that I got a chance to race phantom since all available races/tourneys were venom class atm.

I recall seeing alter joining as well but he was kicked out because he didnt select a ship.
Bummer :(

infoxicated
21st December 2007, 03:23 PM
That's hilarious zerojay! :D

I needed an empty house to play online, such is the distraction level normally. That's why I managed a few races today when I was home alone... cant see me getting the same level of peace and quiet over the festive period, though. :)

Asayyeah
21st December 2007, 04:34 PM
Hopefully i should be online tonight with Dag ( bazunga ) at his place around midnight, be kind with the one who is still struggling to get his system working properly at home :( but i ll get there eventually.
Before midnight if fellow old kai members wanna join us before we go to dag's place :?:

zargz
21st December 2007, 11:51 PM
oh! so it's DAG!!!? but now you are bazunga :)

so we meet again!

Only after i see your skin I know it's you! hehe

good to race you again after Pure, mon adversaire! 8)

hey! and no babysitting - keep asa out of our fights! :D

Asayyeah
22nd December 2007, 02:00 AM
Now i am back at home after good 3 hours online , i feel like an orphean without any kind of wifi-network-parents existing here :(

anyway i enjoyed a lot tonight , finally racing kandang, del stepho in a great 4 tracks tourney at 8 pilots (rapier mode), i also fighted in 1 vs 1 phantom 7 different sr the guy called 'god of lord ' i make myself a deep pleasure to kick his arse on 3 tracks cause there's something abnormal with him , sure someone has already noticed that from him...

Bazunga enjoyed a lot fightin mostly with you Pavel : i liked the moa therma no weapon flash race : interesting :clap

Hyper Shadow
22nd December 2007, 08:37 AM
You beat GOD_of_LORD? My hat goes off to you sir, I raced him once last night, and it was odd to saythe least.

Neverdown
22nd December 2007, 11:01 AM
i also fighted in 1 vs 1 phantom 7 different sr the guy called 'god of lord ' i make myself a deep pleasure to kick his arse on 3 tracks cause there's something abnormal with him , sure someone has already noticed that from him...

okay, you are the first one on my "afraid of" list.

stin
22nd December 2007, 11:22 AM
Asa?, personally, I`m no surprised he beat Twat_Of_Lord.

Anyway, I had a good time last night with wipers!:hyper

Lastly, I played Phantom:o with DjManiac before I went to bed. I will get there in the end.

zargz
22nd December 2007, 11:25 AM
we all will! 8)

Hyper Shadow
22nd December 2007, 12:46 PM
I've got to say, that 12 race tournament was an immense battle. 1 point in it right to the end!

I think i've learned to stick with the AG-System from now on though.

emwu23
22nd December 2007, 06:40 PM
hello all,

I'm a new person on this great forum,but I'm not a new pilot.
I just wanted to say how happy I am playing pulse online.
I'm enjoing every moment of this.The point is that i had problems with pure
and the result was I just couldn't play it online,long story.
Anyway I bought pulse on 14th dec and started playing online on last sunday.
And I just love it.

Thanx everybody I played with.

Happy and pulsing Christmas for all pilots.:p

Asayyeah
22nd December 2007, 08:10 PM
Wellcome to the forum :)
Bazunga and me raced you on few tracks yesterday : intense moments of fight we really appreciate. :+

Mad-Ice
22nd December 2007, 08:29 PM
I am on now! Anybody want to race?

Hellfire_WZ
22nd December 2007, 08:30 PM
Will be back on soon for a bit

Sausehuhn
22nd December 2007, 08:35 PM
Seems like I get no stable WLAN-conection here for whatever reason. I've 80% signal with my MacBook, sometimes even more. And my PSP is around 20% and loses connection every here and then.
Seems like I need a WLAN-stick for my laptop :rolleyes:

zargz
22nd December 2007, 11:16 PM
hello all,

I'm a new person on this great forum,but I'm not a new pilot.

welcome emwu! we had some good race about a week ago. I'm glad you found your way here!
enjoy this friendy forums!
just remember one thing - Never DC! http://geocities.com/zargz/leenden/lol.gif

----------

I'll be on in a bit. can use my pc tho so if you see my game zargz and if it's locked the pw is woz

seeya! :)

Frances_Penfold
23rd December 2007, 04:02 AM
Had my first online matches with Pulse yesterday (Friday) and wanted to say hello to Emwu23 and Asayeah and the other folks that were there!

I'll be back online soon-- just want a bit more time in single player so that I know the tracks and the feel of the ships a bit better. (Don't worry, you'll still kick my ass ;) )

Vincent_VII
23rd December 2007, 04:29 AM
Hey Emwu23! Thanks for racing with us tonight. My nephew and I were playing and you joined our game. You and I were neck and neck the entire time.

Unlock and learn those later courses! I want to race you again!

Good game Good game!

zargz
23rd December 2007, 01:57 PM
sorry about yetserday guys - bad connection :(

lunar
23rd December 2007, 02:40 PM
I was looking forward to racing your green machine, but there will be other times.;) Probably won`t be on until after New Year, also need to get some practice in as the guys you left me with demonstrated what pwned means.:eek But I will get there in end, when I have learned a ship with better acceleration and learned the tracks. Just like in Pure (Triakis excepted), I think you have to have good acceleration online. I like the idea Task brought up a while ago of switching weapons off for the first half a lap, otherwise I don`t see how slow starting ships can ever not be at a disadvantage, and everyone will choose high thrust ships in the end. But Kandang, Insertcoin (Radium), Del Stepho.... watch out these guys are hot. :+

emwu23
23rd December 2007, 06:07 PM
Hey everybody!

Big thanks for such a warm welcome.

Oh yeah I have to unlock those later courses.
At the moment I'm a half way for clear grid 8.
So a lot work to do.That's good.

Cheers pilots and seeyaa online.

Zargz thanx for today's tournament

thaivietg
23rd December 2007, 06:29 PM
ive seen u online emwu

zargz
23rd December 2007, 07:14 PM
zargz thanx for today's tournamentthank you emwu! it was a close tour - decided on the last race 8)
I'm just about to start grid 8 - have 3 golds left to take on 7
I need to do all golds on hard before move to next grid ;)

Chrono
24th December 2007, 10:05 AM
Dj and I played some last night, but everytime supersox came on, he appeared to have connection issues.

Mobius
24th December 2007, 02:49 PM
I went on last night for the first time. Managed to win a few, but no one would join a game Id set up, theyd rather all queue up for onw qith lots of players...which the host never launched.

I must not show off with rear firing quakes anymore, cost me most of the races i lost :D

Asayyeah
24th December 2007, 05:33 PM
yell me more about backquake , i tested that uniquely the 2 nights i succeeded connecting online , that costed me few wins but that is a good laugh :D

I ll be online tonight at my sister's house, i tested her wifi seems to be fine.
So between oysters & fat-liver of goose , you can possibly see me there.
( i asked a technician from my cable provider to come & add their wifi routeur but it's only in january not before :( )

wednesday i shall be at Dag's place for an evening session before travelling to Romano's house in Italia the 28th

jacen
24th December 2007, 09:33 PM
so now that we got our beloved infrastructure mode, has ayone woz already thought about setting up a tourney or a league?

zargz
24th December 2007, 11:01 PM
I managed a backquake tonight and didn't lose my lead - although I was veeeery close to losing it :eek

Great races today jacen, emwu and all wipers I raced tonight! just remember the last two :dizzy
hellfire got the wierd bug with the track cam on that first race ..
not that I had a chance anyway http://geocities.com/zargz/leenden/ble.gif

asa, looking forward to meeting dag/baz again!

and you keep the H out of our fights! http://geocities.com/zargz/leenden/lol.gif

man! so many great races, I'm really thinking hard about getting a psp slim only for recording them! :eek

Mad-Ice
25th December 2007, 12:19 AM
First of all, racing asa for the first time in pulse was amazing together with emwu23 we had good races. O o o what a great game this Pulse is!!

supersocks
25th December 2007, 01:14 AM
Damn. I just spend an hour trying to join games but it failed to start loading the track every %&$£#@" time.

Why I even bother... :(

Ok, maybe 50% of my bitterness is because losing at zargz in Moa Blackie for whatever reason :p

Asayyeah
25th December 2007, 01:36 AM
Great moment spent at my sister's house celebrating the night before xmas with such delicious food & wine , also playing Pulse, Caroline ( my gold child) has tested the game on his shiny pinky psp ( remember that one guys;) ) she connected and did her 1st race online in flash with 6 other racers, she finished last but she enjoyed a lot :)

After that brief moment of discover for her, i got back my game to run few phantoms tracks with MadIce, Emwu and others who disconnected gradually.
I like flash because most of the people are used to that speed class so anything may happen in a tournament but truly phantom is where i am really enjoying myself. Pulse phantom is faster than pure's one YEAH !

Hope to see you wednesday night ( 11.00 pm CET till 2 or 3 am )

zargz
25th December 2007, 01:17 PM
I'll be there asa.
to meet dag http://geocities.com/zargz/leenden/ninja2.gif

------------------------

Damn. I just spend an hour trying to join games but it failed to start loading the track every %&$£#@" time.

Why I even bother... :(it happened to me as well about 2 days ago..
I think, not sure tho, it depends on the host - if it's a slow connection this happenes
then i just disconnect and look for another host.
it did help me!

not sure if that's the reason though ..

what connedction do you have?

Ok, maybe 50% of my bitterness is because losing at zargz in Moa Blackie for whatever reason :pdon't be bitter neighbour - you won several more than that :p

---------------------

good racing today amaru! :+

Infected
25th December 2007, 03:41 PM
I had the same problem today... or just the player didnt liked me (I won with him several times) cause everytime when i wanted to connect to his game... crash:P

Today i played great tournament with Zargz and one more person which name i dont remember...

PS: Sorry for killing you Zargz;)

Amaru
25th December 2007, 06:05 PM
good racing today amaru! :+
Thanks, it was a pleasure trying to keep up with you. ;3

I was lucky enough to have a reliable wireless connection near the bed I woke up in today after a "late" christmas celebration with the family. :P

As said, keeping up with you and Stardragon on the frontline was tough but really entertaining and I now feel more at ease not relying on weapons except for revenge. :P "3" is my "lucky" number and I can settle for that position but I could do with scraping my already rather roughed up Bancho EG.X a bit less on the curves. =^.^;=

zargz
25th December 2007, 08:46 PM
yes EG-X. day 1 my 2 favs were eg-x and assegai
chose assegai coz of the steering :)
both got the weakest shield in the game :|

atm 8)

Today i played great tournament with zargz and one more person which name i dont remember...

PS: Sorry for killing you zargz;)so it was YOU!!? :D heh!

didn't recognise you tag online..

please add it here

http://wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4338

mdhay
25th December 2007, 11:19 PM
I'll start up a few matches with a secure password, but a server is taking it too far. Although it is a good idea, just think: is there any point?

What if some hack - using so - and - so decides to wreck our fun?

Still - keep up the thinking.

jacen
25th December 2007, 11:23 PM
but a server is taking it too far.
where did i say anything about a woz server?
not that i think it would be possible anyway ...

i just wanted to know if woz will be administrating such a tourney/league.

mdhay
25th December 2007, 11:39 PM
Anyone up for a game now?

Password is 6185 (reverse).

mdhay
25th December 2007, 11:46 PM
Sorry about that, I tend to make mistakes.
I'll always encrypt my games, which is as far as administrating a tourney gets.

emwu23
26th December 2007, 04:08 AM
Hi All,

Thanks for good games with all the good pilots online.
Asa that game with you and Mad-Ice it was crazy I felt like a fifth wheel to the car ,hehe.It was great but I was so behind and I was hitting the walls all the time.It is just phanthom is to fast for me at the moment.But it was good experience for me.

Greeetings for everybody I played with.

ps:I should mention about this before but the story with me it is like I'm not able to use pc all the time,my pc is dead at the moment so I'm not able to be so active as everybody here.But I promise as soon I will get my new one I will be very active.And one more thing I will not be able to play with you pilots online till 3rd of January but I'm going to practice all races wich left for me in single race mode.So everybody hava good New Years Eve and Happy Year!!!:beer:beer:beer

Asayyeah
26th December 2007, 02:36 PM
Jacen i merged your thread ( and all the posts included) to here . It is the topic where Online meetings can be done , such as setting a woz tourney or league if you want.

jacen
26th December 2007, 02:45 PM
ok, so no way woz is setting up a php generated tourney grid or something?

Infected
26th December 2007, 03:56 PM
Today i was so happy to play with people from WZ Forum:)

Thanks to:
- Jacen
- Fascia
- Swift412
- Zargz

For great fun playing with you guys:)

swift412
26th December 2007, 04:31 PM
Same to you :)

WindyMan
26th December 2007, 07:13 PM
Is anyone willing to do something more than Flash races on the first four tracks? It seems that's the only thing people are doing. The few people that were willing to take on the harder tracks and/or the faster speed classes weren't biting very often. I know it's early yet, but surely there are more people who want to push their limits?

If all everyone does is Talon's Junction and Moa Therma on Flash, they'll never improve.

mdhay
26th December 2007, 07:34 PM
I"ve been addicted to De Konstruct lately, so if you want a race, tell me.

zargz
26th December 2007, 07:40 PM
how can anyone like that track is beyond me .. :p

windyman, when I complete the game I'll be game!
right now I'm having hard time with the Rapier challenges!

but tonight asa will be on so look for him! kangdang also finnished the game and our 2 ozzy racers are pretty sharp as well
TC - technicolor Facia I think he's nick on the boards, so there are a dozen wipErs only here in the woz at your level.
find them! ;)
I just opened grid 10 so in a month or two I will be joining you! :eek

mdhay
26th December 2007, 07:42 PM
Zargz, how could you like Fort Gale? That circuit is diabolical! Is anyone on the board on now?

zargz
26th December 2007, 07:49 PM
http://geocities.com/zargz/leenden/lol.gif c'mon! it's pretty smooth!

destruct on the other hand is tilting all the time! :?

I'll have to practice it only for your sake ;)

mdhay
26th December 2007, 07:54 PM
Not if you are a brick fired from a tank cannon when it comes down to a new track, i'm only as far as Tech De Ra White Run!

I only like De Konstruct because I have killed it (completely mastered).

zargz
26th December 2007, 08:07 PM
and you did a good job at it! :+

mdhay
26th December 2007, 08:52 PM
Thanks, it helps to sideshift a lot, but If you aqte having problems, use feisar. I'll show you my racing line, if you want.

WindyMan
26th December 2007, 10:01 PM
I had some rip-roaring Phatom races with a bunch of people, and if you're on WZ I thank you for the tough battles! Particularly Del_Stepho, if you're reading this. Good racin', man.

Oh, and I spotted mdhay once. Sorry about that race, I guess you're not used to Phantom and/or Basilico yet. Maybe I can race you on your terms another time?

mdhay
26th December 2007, 11:10 PM
WindyMan, I appreciate the thought, but you gave me a challenge.

- But beware, if it was De Konstruct I would have won.

I'll broadcast a grid at some point, if possible.

BARTgai
27th December 2007, 02:34 AM
i never see any of you guys online :( so i have to play with people who always leave after the first race, or back-quake :|

some guy just did that in the last race i was in as i was flying right at him. i did manage to shove his *** with 30 cannon shells, then slam into him, pushing him off to the side as i went on. he still beat that race tho...

zargz
27th December 2007, 02:47 AM
go to the irc thread and the link in the first post there are allways woz wipErs there!

also add your details in the tag and msn thread.
you can add everyone there to your msn as well! ;)

G'Kyl
27th December 2007, 06:04 AM
Seems like I need a WLAN-stick for my laptop :rolleyes:

Max, I got the FunAccess USB access point from Thrustmaster (from Conrad, you find it in the PSP aisle) and it works just so well! Even while I'm in another room, online races are as smooth as they get.

De Konstruct: I'm with Pavel, here, it's my least favourite of the new bunch. :) Fort Gale, however, is a graceful run with a manageable amount of BR chances through one of the prettiest surroundings in Pulse. I really came to love it over Christmas while doing some time trialing there!

Ben

stin
27th December 2007, 07:32 AM
I had a rare time last night with Flashback_Jack and Bricia on Phantom level.
Two great pilots there and thank you for racing.;)

Asayyeah
27th December 2007, 12:41 PM
I missed that one Stevie , i was into Rapier tours with Romano ( 5 tracks), kandang & 2 guys from team GG_XX very interesting battle : kandang wan ! good one mate :clap

DjManiac21
27th December 2007, 07:14 PM
we are having some phantom races with some wz players now, if anyone is interested, wepons off ;)

ZenDJiNN
29th December 2007, 01:49 AM
zargz - If you get to see this, huge apologies for the drops in each of the tourneys you entered this eve (last night) that were run by me (XuZeN).

For some reason my PSP (2-3 times in all) would just sit & do "Nothing" when i was just about to start a race and there was nothing that i could do apart from logout & back in again. :(

Anyway, just wanted to let you know & apologise. Hope you had a good evenings racing anyway ? :)

zargz
29th December 2007, 02:19 AM
no worries mate, I suspected it was something like that :)

entered a phanom tour by misstake with Only woz pilots in it lol
I hate to DC so I figured what the heck.
man! was that lightnig fast!?? :eek
3rd overall not bad, lucky mad DNFed on outpost 7
I heard 2 conteneder eliminated (probly by them selves)
so I just nursed my badly damaged Green Machine thru that last lap
and collected a few precious Free points
:D

Big thanx for some good flash races thru the day guys!
Rapier I'm coming atya! .. soon ..

q_dmc12
29th December 2007, 02:46 AM
I'll be there in acouple days guys....so watchit!;)

Silent
29th December 2007, 10:08 AM
I will be there too until the end of the school holidays (8 january) ; my pseudo is Silentriakis.

Hope I'll see a lot of you online guys^^

Asayyeah
29th December 2007, 02:00 PM
Great moments spent yesterday night : tough competition in phantom with the 3 flying dutchmen and Del Stepho + Bazunga for the FFF team.
Unfortunately we had issue connecting Romano and me in the same race or tour : we got a weird WLAN not activated ??? error.
Romano suspects that his system based on 2 routeurs and servers from SCEE only receive one IP adress that could mess up the stuff completely.
Next try tonight after picking up Vic to the airport around midnight: wish us good luck !!

zargz
29th December 2007, 11:45 PM
bartgai, flashback good to race you for the first time though flash is waaay too laggy :?

Flashback Jack
30th December 2007, 12:31 AM
Such is the case when you hijack a wireless signal that originates from the border next to nowhere. Lag. :)

- F

DjManiac21
30th December 2007, 03:29 AM
Thanks for the races tonight del!!!
It was awesome to see how you created a room called "thanksdjitwasgrat" :D
Raced a lot with Frances as well, it was really tough on some tracks :+
You got some really good wins man! :clap
Anyways just wanted to say thanks for the good races :)

Laterz!

Frances_Penfold
30th December 2007, 04:24 AM
Thanks, DJ-- that was really fun. Wow, you are a very talented wiper. Sorry I wasn't more of a challenge at those higher speed classes-- I need some practice in phantom and rapier ;)

Hope to see you online again soon!

... the border next to nowhere

You mean... Canada?

Oh, I keed, I keed :)

Silent
30th December 2007, 10:50 AM
I'm happy to have seen zargz, the first one person I know here I see online, for two or three flash races yesterday nearly 4 o'clock (perhaps you remember me, I was always first :p).

I'm very hurry to play phantom with you guys, I need more 5 "tables" (lazy to finish it x D)

zargz
30th December 2007, 10:52 AM
silentriakis. yeh, I remember you were not racing a triakis :g

Silent
30th December 2007, 11:52 AM
silentriakis. yeh, I remember you were not racing a triakis

Ya, because now Triakis is not cheat like in Pure^^
I choose it in memory of Pure, Silent was ever took =(

supersocks
30th December 2007, 01:17 PM
Apologies to anyone I've caused extra disconnections because of my connection/whatever. :( I advise to not start 1vs1 races with me since it may as well not load and leave you alone in the race.

BARTgai
30th December 2007, 09:01 PM
lol no problem. i remeber i tired to start a race with you, but then there was a connection problem when it started

WindyMan
31st December 2007, 12:23 AM
Hey guys, sorry I haven't been on for a few days. I've been busy with a few things. I think I'll be back racing this week, though! I'll probably hop in the IRC channel to better setup races with everyone.

DjManiac and technicolour (and others), I'm coming for you!

zargz
31st December 2007, 02:31 AM
hey FlashBack good 1 on 1s. noticed on moa black you missed the start!
and so did I ...

no lag today :+
and that skin??! http://geocities.com/zargz/leenden/lol.gif

still approx 1sec behind you ..

http://geocities.com/zargz/leenden/ninja2.gif will practice more!

Silent
31st December 2007, 10:18 AM
Yestrday evening I beat Flashback_Jack in a very tight 1vs1 no weapons rapier Moa Therma White.

I catched up his AG systems on the last lap, it was a great track :beer

Flashback Jack
31st December 2007, 12:54 PM
Silent:

An interesting race indeed. Love how you murdered my trajectory by playing zig-zagging bumper cars from hell when you overtook me. No love lost, but I did end up frolicking rather lustfully with the walls following your rather curious Alex Zanardi maneuver. A win is a win, I suppose. :)

Zargz:

Wasn't on point yesterday with my starts. Usually I fire my engines for an extraordinarily fast start within the first nanosecond of the countdown ending. And ya like me skin? That was my FX300 champ AG-SYS skin in black. Still need to put a few more trimmings on it before it looks just right.

- F

zargz
31st December 2007, 06:39 PM
And ya like me skin? That was my FX300 champ AG-SYS skin in black. Still need to put a few more trimmings on it before it looks just right.

- F
:eek ??! as I saw it, it was lime-green!

------------------------------

thanx stin for cool 1 on 1 races today!

so will you desert to the assegai? ;)

Flashback Jack
31st December 2007, 06:44 PM
Oh. There's an issue with custom skins showing up on other players' ships. Assuredly I wouldn't have been sporting a green ride. In game it should have shown up correctly as far as I know.

- F

stin
31st December 2007, 08:44 PM
LOL! zargz!! I decided to play assy atm ;), and yes I did enjoyed it while I was in my bath playing with him!

To tell the truth, I just could not believe it because on Flash class which turns out to be really slooooooow!:?, took me ages to get used to it!

Silent
1st January 2008, 01:15 PM
An interesting race indeed. Love how you murdered my trajectory by playing zig-zagging bumper cars from hell when you overtook me. No love lost, but I did end up frolicking rather lustfully with the walls following your rather curious Alex Zanardi maneuver. A win is a win, I suppose.

Probably some laggs on my psp for explain the zig-zag effect of my Piranha^^
I should also say that I was so surprise about the rapier trajectory of the track ; I usually do this track in Venom (haven't got it in higher class than Flash), so the 2 first laps were a bit zig-zag because of the adaptation.

Let's play the revenge =)

zargz
1st January 2008, 03:49 PM
Aka-sho!!! Nice to finally meet you online! ^_^

and thank you for helping me loooong time ago with my wo3 japanese copy!
remember? ;)

Aka-sho
2nd January 2008, 12:22 AM
Wow! It was a wonderful game, I got excited !!!
Thank you ! :)

Medusa
2nd January 2008, 02:25 AM
Hey! Aka-sho!! You are my hero, for putting up those W3O Press Pack Files!! I'll race you online soon! (tag kiTTun) And everyone else too! Just need to practice up a bit first, lol!:hyper

zargz
2nd January 2008, 12:06 PM
so u got it already? :eek

niiiice! will see you soon out there! :+

il_NIK
2nd January 2008, 09:36 PM
Hi mates,

it's a long time I don't post here and not play WO, but in these days I begin again to race with WO.

I wish to race with all of you from WZ every evening infrastructure mode with my own nickname.

First few weeks Iwill race on lower classes to well know the tracks and game.

I hope to join all of you!!!!

My times aprox: 22.30 - 23.30

Bye Bye :beer

sleh
2nd January 2008, 09:44 PM
hi all, hi il nik,

it was a pleasure to play with you (i'm bazounga), as you said a long time since we played in the Dam convention 2007. I hope to see you in 2008.

NeXaR_QroN
2nd January 2008, 09:47 PM
Damn I need more practice on the higher classes!

Bow to HellFire and Mad-Ice

Hellfire_WZ
2nd January 2008, 10:02 PM
Thanks mate, was a good tourney :)

Rush25
2nd January 2008, 10:57 PM
to supersocks and the others in your race sorry i got dc'ed and kept trying to fix it but i think my internet's down. will try again asap! thanks for popping my irc/wipeoutzone racing cherry! and i DO mean it in THAT way.:nod

zargz
3rd January 2008, 01:22 AM
// Frances_Penfold

Nice to race you online for the first time!
btw is that a Qirex you are racing in?
These were some good races. Looking forward to some new ones
and more wipErs from Las Americas!

Medusa, got your copy yet? :D

Ash-Omen
3rd January 2008, 01:37 AM
i was there too woo! yeah sorry i dc'd i jus dint feel like doin the same tourney all over agen lol :g

Frances_Penfold
3rd January 2008, 01:52 AM
Hi Zargz, and Ash-Omen, great races-- real blast! Fun to play on Flash, I'm not good enough to take on Phantom races yet. Hope to see you again online sometime soon :)

btw is that a Qirex you are racing in?

It's the Zone ship for AGS systems! I got so used to the Zone ship in Wipeout Pure that it feels wierd not to have a rounded craft. In general, I only use AGS in Wipeout Pulse so far-- though I am experimenting a bit with Pirrhana for time trials on some tracks.

Medusa, got your copy yet? :D

I think I read in one of the threads that she just did, and was practicing before going online.

zargz
3rd January 2008, 02:31 AM
yeh, you are right. now I recall reading that ..

the last race of the last tour was really exiting!
must have been a ships length you won it and the tour with :D
Congrats on that! :+

Frances_Penfold
3rd January 2008, 03:11 AM
Thanks, Zargz-- the last win almost makes up for the 3 or 4 previous tournaments that you won handedly :)

Hope to see you around online again soon-- those were some killer matches!

swift412
3rd January 2008, 10:27 AM
Thanks for the Vertica races mdhay_wz, it was lots of fun, especially after having no other races to participate in except the endless Talon's Junction/Venom's

mdhay
3rd January 2008, 10:35 AM
Yup, that was fun, and a break from talons junction!;)

il_NIK
3rd January 2008, 11:48 AM
Well found there, SLEH!

During the race I was thinking..."Mmmh, who's this guy...between the ones I know..."

And now...bazounga = Sleh (nice nickname ;) )

Happy to race with you!!!

Medusa
3rd January 2008, 02:51 PM
Yep, I've only completed one grid so far!! I just had to go online once anyways and get my arse whipped, lol!! At least the speed is faster per class in Pulse - know the track or else :lol

NeXaR_QroN
3rd January 2008, 05:39 PM
@DoggThang
Damn man what did you do to that "Nasciua" guy/girl on that flash tournament? got eliminated on two of the four races LOL

Good one BTW

Infected
3rd January 2008, 08:34 PM
Thx Swift412, HyperShadow, o3pcah, Ash-Omen, supersox and Nexar for playing:D

Today we played on Phantom :D great races all of you guys;)

Hope to race with you soon!

Hyper Shadow
3rd January 2008, 08:41 PM
No probs, Phantom speed was definatley an eye opener for me, so fast!

Anyway, I hope to race you all again soon!

Ash-Omen
3rd January 2008, 09:07 PM
great races lol, phantom hurts my brain :bomb atleast i won 1 race so im happy :D

NeXaR_QroN
3rd January 2008, 09:12 PM
I feel proud of having finished 2nd (one time only) and doing my first perfect lap on phantom (Vertica white) racing with you all.

Good racing all!

Hellfire_WZ
3rd January 2008, 09:27 PM
Just been in a Rapier tourney with our old friend Livitarium and some one called ExpitariuS. Was a really good tourney and they know their stuff, keep an eye out for them :)

zargz
3rd January 2008, 09:35 PM
Medusa thanks for racing! hope you liked the sightseeing tour on Outpost 7 .. :D hehe

thought both you and the feisar guy missed the 1st turn so i was waiting for ya :?

Sausehuhn
3rd January 2008, 09:56 PM
I'm hosting right now :D