PDA

View Full Version : Online Meetings, Pulse

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Rapier Racer
5th August 2008, 11:02 PM
lol! I noticed this, Amphiseum black it was giving me almost 2 bomb per lap.

cnmth
5th August 2008, 11:10 PM
Ty for the great races / tourney's tonight with leungbok, supersox, micky1894, rapier_racer and some others that i forgot :p

Need a break now :beer

specialDFX
6th August 2008, 12:04 AM
Intense races BARTgai, it's actually been about 4 months since I've played WO at all...yeah excuses...:g

BARTgai
6th August 2008, 01:04 AM
yeah been a while for me too. phantom is still suicide for me :g

thx for the great races! :+

KIGO1987
6th August 2008, 07:11 AM
****! It appears that i have missed out on several good online races, wasnt online long enough. Needed to get to sleep earlier for a change, these tournaments in the early hours in the morning make me hell tired during the day. Find myself dosing off in the some of the boring lectures, but hey there is always online lectures at my uni so i can catch up on content when im up late at night also, before some of these insane online races commence.

Should be on again later on:g

micky1984
6th August 2008, 02:26 PM
Yeah Cmnth it was a good set of races. first time iv raced u i think and u tore me a new one :brickwall. Although i wasnt at my best i was practising with the Egx which im not fully used to on phantom. Havin said that u wud probs beat me when im racing any ship lol. also Luengbok ur skills are improving every time i race u, i think i need to keep practicing if i still want to hav close races with u :nod

KIGO1987
7th August 2008, 07:16 PM
Sweet online races hey Triple Lei, always good getting into intense races with the highest ranked pilots.:g

packetmon
9th August 2008, 02:06 AM
Thanks for the racing Mad-Ice and Asayyeah.
It must be 4am over there?
Now thats dedication - I like that.

Mad-Ice
9th August 2008, 08:48 AM
Yup it was pretty late, but we had so much fun! Asa is at my place and we are going to be online tonight too. We are going to visit DjManiac in Amsterdam, Chrono will be there too.

Thanks for racing with us Packetmon and thanks for killing Asa 1 time :clap

KIGO1987
11th August 2008, 01:06 PM
****!:brickwall

Im away for one weekend and i miss online races with Packetmon, Mad Ice and Asa. Well i should be on tonight sometime:g.

Flashback Jack
11th August 2008, 01:17 PM
Not only that, but you missed a marathon I, Supersox and Triple Lei and some anonymous Wipeout Zoner in a Piranha (heh) had last night. Lasted at least four hours straight.

Kanar, you still maintaining those records? I put up blazing Talon's Junction White and Platinum Rush White records yesterday. :)

- F

kanar
11th August 2008, 04:32 PM
Hi Flash,

Bad times for my gaming time actually... I'm :brickwall with my work, & worse my wife is transfered in Paris for one school year (she's an english teatcher). She's leaving in 2 weeks. Damn, I missed a marathon & you guys, that's sad. I really hope to see you soon online, probably last week of august, if you still play pulse lol. If I remember well, it was : Talon : 1:54:48 (mad-ice) & Platinum : 1:46:76 (flashback). Did you blast that? powered by Jay Tech?

Flashback Jack
11th August 2008, 04:58 PM
Powered by Ag-Systems. Talon White was somewhere below 1:54:10 (maybe around 1:54:06-05) and Plat White was 1:46:04. Don't worry about including them on the list. Since you're the record keeper, I'll make another attempt when you put up a server sometime in the future.

- F

trentdf
12th August 2008, 09:56 AM
anyone up for a race RIGHT NOW???? there are a few members on, please please please come online!!!!

KIGO1987
12th August 2008, 10:03 AM
You still online Trent? My PSP is charged, want to race now?

trentdf
12th August 2008, 10:33 AM
thx for the races KIGO, srry i didnt stay on longer. lol idk what your psp did, but for one of those races u had a better time than me, but i still came 1st. glitches are my friend:D

KIGO1987
12th August 2008, 10:39 AM
Did my ship appear to be jumping all over the screen or something?

If so this is twice this has happened now, last time it happened with mday. People sometimes dont stay in the room or the race for long because they belive that im one of those knobs who have the custom firmware cheat **** on. Be assure it isnt. Its this ****ing slow net connection. Sorry guys for the swearing. But it irritates the **** through me, im upgrading from this 256 speed soon. When i have a faster net connection then you hopefully see the ship not jumping all over the screen.

On another note last night racing was great, thanks Tripel_Lei ans KARMANED:)

trentdf
12th August 2008, 11:34 AM
yeah you were jumping around alot, but everyone ive raced jumps around...
its not that much of a problem, only that rockets and cannons don't work

Rapier Racer
12th August 2008, 11:50 AM
There are other things you also need to consider that could cause your jumpyness, a faster connection may well solve it but also remember and check your ping time cos if thats crap then it doesn't matter how fast your connection is.

But you probably already know all that stuff.

@ trent if everyone you race jumps around that suggests your connection might be the poor one.

rdmx
12th August 2008, 12:48 PM
Remember that we're all the way down here - pings will be nothing short of horrible to Europe.

Kevlar
12th August 2008, 04:36 PM
Hey guys! haven't been on for a few months(Been looking for work, going out, etc) any races tonight?

Darkdrium777
13th August 2008, 06:15 AM
I never asked, but am I jumpy as well? I've never had anyone report I was extremely jumpy so I didn't worry too much. My connection is really average-low, so I was wondering if it was OK for PSP games.

If I lag a bit too much I apologize, but I can't do much about it. I'm not paying for the internet. :lol

KIGO1987
13th August 2008, 05:28 PM
Hey Leungbok i see that you are online. I should be on a little later. Im downloading a fair bit of **** atm. So im not sure when i can get online.

leungbok
13th August 2008, 05:54 PM
Okay, Kigo !
So maybe a "phantom race to the death" :twisted in a moment.

KIGO1987
13th August 2008, 06:04 PM
Sounds fun. You can host the room. It shouldnt be too much longer with these downloads. If i where to try to go online now the connection while be timed out because im using the enitre bandwith. Shouldnt be too much longer.

leungbok
13th August 2008, 06:17 PM
I'm in:banzai

KIGO1987
13th August 2008, 06:59 PM
**** it. Lets go on now. Leungbok wanna go on now, you can host:)

Im going to leave this cnt download til another time when vista actually works for a change, i hate Vista with a passion now.

micky1984
13th August 2008, 07:36 PM
christ cheers for the races leungbok and kigo close as always. some of those races were so tense my hands were shaking after i turned my psp off :eek i wud of stayed on for another tourny but hunger got the better of me. oh and it felt good eliminating ur ship leung resulting in drawing that tournement . . phew!

Kevlar
13th August 2008, 08:25 PM
I'm having this reallly bizzare problem in which my PSP switches off when I try to connect to the multiplayer lobby. Is there anyone that has had this problem or can anyone help?

KIGO1987
13th August 2008, 09:55 PM
Best Online Races ever.

Those tournaments must of went past 3 hours. My eyes are clearly ****ed:g

Thanks to Leungbok 'hosting the room', Micky1984, KARMANED (i dont think that you are a member here) and Mad Ice, **** couldnt get in front with all the factors at least i won a Vertica White againest you, but **** these where instense races, love it:g

Longest ever duration online ive ever had, we did every single race course in Wipeout Pulse:)

Mad-Ice
13th August 2008, 10:01 PM
Thanks to Leungbok, KIGO1987 and KARMANED, good races guys and indeed that Vertica White was a fantastic race!

leungbok
13th August 2008, 10:13 PM
Yes, Kigo, very intense:+ Me too, i had difficulty to see the tracks at the end.
Impossible to do better than second:brickwall
Thanks to you, Mad_Ice, Karmaneo.
Micky ( next time,i'll try to save quakes and plasmas to make you politeness !:twisted).

kanar
13th August 2008, 10:29 PM
Hi guys,
I hope you could still find your way to...
Avalon "Ode To TT" Thursday 00:00 CEST (day one)

...What about a little TT experience for this long week-end?
12 white tracks, 3 races per track, no weapons. (phantom+a little bit of Rapier)

What's the target?

Talon : 1:54:06 (Flashback)
Moa : 1:59:24 (del stepho)
Metropia : ? (1:38:93 mad-ice)
Arc Prime : ? (1:54:83 Del Stepho)
De Konstruct : ?
Tech : 1:51:34 (del stepho)
Amphi : 2:06:04 (Del Stepho)
fort Gale : ? (2:06:57 mad ice)
Basilico : ? (1:29:40 del stepho)
Platinum : 1:46:04 (flashback)
Vertica : ?
outpost7 : ?(1:57:49 eleven)

New!
Smash all the 10 kanar ghosts, available now @ wo-game.com!
++Exclusive++
The new Avalon ugly teaser (there's 3 more waiting yeah)

http://files.filefront.com/Day1avalonrar/;11486168;/fileinfo.html

Hope to see you!

Kevlar
13th August 2008, 11:01 PM
I'll try to be there(Unless my 'power-off-when-connecting-to-lobby' problem persists)

EDIT: Are you guys purely racing on phantom, or are there a few Rapier races thrown in?

KIGO1987
14th August 2008, 10:02 AM
Every single race was in Phantom speed, also did every single course in Wipeout Pulse as well (Not including the expansion track packs)

Asayyeah
14th August 2008, 04:30 PM
[quote=kanar;93225]
http://files.filefront.com/Day1avalonrar/;11486168;/fileinfo.html
quote]
Ahahah, Dear Kanar is it you, catched by your pretty recent wife in that 'frozen' image/video you hosted ? :g

Make sure if nobody comes online through Xlink Kai and wipeout Pure, i ll be there tonight for that ' no-ones can stop Avalon's momentum' :beer
I'd like to compete with those records ( already printed your post to have them clearly in front of my eyes like a target:banzai)

Flashback Jack
14th August 2008, 04:41 PM
Asayyeah, note that those records are with weapons on and off. Kanar recently decided to include records in the same list with weapons enabled.

- F

Asayyeah
14th August 2008, 04:54 PM
Avalon is like a noble art of driving , my opinion would be to only stick to the list of records updated with weapons off.
Weapons on it's a different story : adding the weapons lotery to the science of curving we already have that here and through wipeout-game. Avalon is different and imnhsfo must stay like it was previously :nod but it's my imnhsfo afterall :g

RJ O'Connell
14th August 2008, 05:44 PM
I could see about getting online tonight or Friday night. Tonight won't be earlier than 8 due to play practice.

kanar
14th August 2008, 05:49 PM
Flash, Asa,

These records above are weapon-free, as far as I -hardly- remember. Maybe the moah one is corrupted, (f--k) yeah it's possible I messed up for one or two tracks... Let's say these records were made without guns, & I will reset the unreachable/wrong ones.

... or what about a complete reset?...

RJ O'Connell
14th August 2008, 05:50 PM
Am I right in guessing it'll be tonight at midnight your time, kanar? And how long will it last - since that's a seven hour difference and I'd need to wait at least three hours.

KIGO1987
14th August 2008, 09:39 PM
More killer tournaments.:g

You have a skill Leungbok of choosing some nice tournaments. And you Kaori no time to let any reverse quakes rip hey. Always good to race againest the best wipers and also good to win againest pilots who are higher ranked than i.

Forgot to charge my PSP from last night adrenaline packed races:brickwall So races i had where limited.

RJ O'Connell
14th August 2008, 09:46 PM
I'm charging up for that reason. ;)

kaori
14th August 2008, 10:09 PM
Hey Kigo, very nice races with you tonight, you was very fast once again!
It's always a pleasure to play against you.

Thanks also to micky1984, leungbok and magnum5962 is the first time I meet him, after his nickname is a french from Nord-Pas-de-Calais.

leungbok
14th August 2008, 10:21 PM
More killer tournaments.:g

You have a skill Leungbok of choosing some nice tournaments. And you Kaori no time to let any reverse quakes rip hey. Always good to race againest the best wipers and also good to win againest pilots who are higher ranked than i.

Forgot to charge my PSP from last night adrenaline packed races:brickwall So races i had where limited.

Thanks Kigo, i try to altern easy and hard tracks (despite the fact that the easy ones for some pilots are the difficult ones for others :dizzy).

The races were great, thanks to Kigo, Magnum5962, Kaori, and Micky (another leungbok death on the conscience :banzai)

kanar
14th August 2008, 10:40 PM
sorry guyz, party whiskey/rhum/I don't remember what :rolleyes: with friends, the story begins at 1 am instead of midnight.

RJ O'Connell
14th August 2008, 10:47 PM
Gives me more time to race anyway. :D Although I feel for those in Central Euro Time who could see their day cut short.

micky1984
14th August 2008, 11:29 PM
I have to agree wiv kigo. Tournaments hosted by leungbok are always memorable. good competition all round. Not sure i eliminated u this time tho leungbok but u were sooo close to getting revenge on me a number of times. u had me absorbing my weapons like mental :?

RJ O'Connell
15th August 2008, 03:11 AM
I left early because I had to return by 10 PM here.

Great racing. I am slightly disappointed that I was the only player without a win, but still, great to get back online again. :+

kanar
15th August 2008, 11:06 AM
(I was late-1 hour, sorry- BUT) we ended after 4h00 of hosting... 4 hours for 4 brave wipers : RJ O'Conell, packetmon, Del Stepho & me lol. After a first look, I couldn't find the "corrupted records", Del was always near of these times...

De Konstruct : (1:45:78 Del Stepho)--->new!
Tech : 1:51:34 (del stepho)
fort Gale : ? (2:06:57 mad ice)
Basilico : ? (1:29:40 del stepho)
Vertica : 1:38:45 (PACKETMON!)---->new!

DAY2 : TONIGHT 23:00 CEST======>>>>RECORDS RESET!
hope to see you!

+++exclusive!!!+++
....day2 (worse than ever) teaser:
http://files.filefront.com/avalonday2rar/;11504658;/fileinfo.html

Asayyeah
15th August 2008, 03:51 PM
Shame that you not mention how many mini-ducks crashed on their 1st landing
:robot

fly high or dive deep but race fast !

RJ O'Connell
15th August 2008, 06:03 PM
I honestly thought Del Stepho was going to win every race from Arc Prime to Platinum Rush. I will have my revenge at de Konstruct!!! >_<

Mad-Ice
15th August 2008, 08:49 PM
Online right now and it is amazing close and fighty.
Never have I seen so many rockets and bombs on a track, it is really hard to survive and places shifting all the time. Yihaa cowboys!

Thanks to KIGO1987, Triple_lei, KARMANEO and Leungbok.

leungbok
15th August 2008, 09:29 PM
Yes Mad-ice and at the end of the race, in metropia white, i thought my missile will allow me passing you, but your instant rocket says "NO" :brickwall

KIGO1987
15th August 2008, 09:31 PM
:dizzyShit my eyes:dizzy

Thanks Leungbok, Mad Ice, Tripel Lei, Karmanded and some other guy as well

These races are also worth sticking up to the early hours of the morning:g:robot:g

Mad-Ice
16th August 2008, 12:19 AM
Thanks Kanar for hosting again. I can really see your improvement and The Amphiseum was a very close one. Sorry I got disconnected during Outpost 7. I tried to do the V-turns and turned my power switch off. Oeps! And now I did it again while backquaking in the DjManaic room, grrrr! Sorry guys, I will be back.:robot

kanar
16th August 2008, 02:27 AM
Hi,
4:00 am here... big thanks to : kaori714, magnum5962, vallabrix, d38asm, Karmaneo, mad-Ice, Leungbok, drumboy14, superyeti,djmaniac21, Del stepho, vteg, packetmon (sorry 4 the decos), blackquake, plyahtr, chilledbreeze7, xelefurion... :rolleyes: no need to reset the records, Mad-Ice did it lol

De Konstruct : (1:43:34 Mad-Ice)--->new!
Tech : 1:49:61 (Mad-Ice)--->new!
fort Gale : ? (2:04:44 Mad-Ice)--->new!
Basilico : ? (1:28:98 Mad-Ice)--->new!
Vertica : 1:36:79 (Mad-Ice)--->new!

Thanks again to the heroes for their support
the story continue tonight 22:30 CEST ...:rolleyes: day3teaser...
http://files.filefront.com/CHDAT005rar/;11511113;/fileinfo.html

RJ O'Connell
17th August 2008, 01:37 AM
Dumb question upcoming:

I've seen these quarter-notes pop up periodically next to the usernames when I'm in the lobby. Does that mean you guys are talking to each other in the lobby via a headset? Or what?

kanar
17th August 2008, 03:33 AM
(to RJ : there's no headset in pulse, I spent my night on the french website wipe out arena chatbox)

hi guys,

hosting time blasted : 22:30pm to 5:00am... Hardcore night, HUGE thanks to:
hunterGreg8, kaori714, magnum, micky1984, vallabrix, darklink, antsbugg, raiden-mk, Flashback, triple lei, shadowboxer, packetmon, Leungbok, Karmaneo, C05Smith, supersox, Asayyeah, nuclear-baby, nafiul93, antho1806, MrRorschach, Infaxsu, Chroticbahamut, deusxt, bramblefire, expitarius, clancy630, betone1986 &... darkdrium777!

special thanks to Flash for the new de Konstruct time!

De Konstruct : (1:43:09 Flashback)--->new!
Tech : 1:49:61 (Mad-Ice)
fort Gale : ? (2:04:44 Mad-Ice)
Basilico : ? (1:28:98 Mad-Ice)
Vertica : 1:36:79 (Mad-Ice)
gah I'm tired

P52Smith
17th August 2008, 10:39 AM
Great races last night kanar.
When you had your little disconnection problem (I think during Platinum Rush) I got made host, so I switched to a DLC track to empty the room and then left it to free up the name for you, obviously you had just stuck a 'z' on the end but never mind eh.

I would have been faster but my joystick is a little dodgy, it sticks in the down position and sometimes off to one side, you may have noticed this in one of our Metropia races.

Great races though, and some more PBs for me, cheers!

stin
17th August 2008, 10:47 AM
online in 45mins? for a few hours...

stevie:)

KIGO1987
17th August 2008, 07:57 PM
Pulse online seems to have alot of players right now, however not alot of games. Theres the Wipeout Arena Phantom Tournaments on which requires a password of some sort, and i dont speak French so i would know.

Maybe someone who is a part of WipeoutZone and is also a member of Wipeout Arena can post the entrance passwords for these races on this thread. Would be interesting to race againest some different pilots for a change.

Hey im online right now. Anybody up for some Phantom races?

---------------------------------------------

Nice races Micky and Leungbok, did you see how close the splits where on Arc Prime? **** they where close

Got disconnected from the server at the end of the tournament, then i couldnt get into a race some sorta connection problem.

leungbok
17th August 2008, 09:48 PM
Hey Kigo ! I think Kanar gave you the pw, i suppose it's always the same.
This wo arena tournament was apparently a good training (despite i finished last :frown:) because i felt very well in the little race and tournament with you, micky and nuclear-baby. More fun when i'm able to fight close to top fighters during all the race instead of racing alone 5 seconds behind :g. I was anyway mad about arc prime white when i loose all my winning chances by falling myself in the void twice :brickwall (i really have to temper my enthusiasm when i'm compétitive with top racers, lol).But great fun here too !
So bad your connect turned of i felt with a killer soul tonight, lol

Good tournament too with packetmon just after (it was tense at the last race, you had the last word, too bad for me, maybe another time !:beer)

There was a lot of people online tonight, maybe the cause of connexion problems :?

kaori
18th August 2008, 03:41 PM
Hi Kigo, and others wipeout zone members, when you see a password on a game "wipeout arena" or "kaori714", it's because we run a championship each month in several tournaments, or we run in team tournaments (very different, you may take care of your teammates). This password must remain secret.
If you want participates with us you can come on our forum, you don't need to understand the french to register in tournaments, just a few words like "tournois", dates "lundi, mardi... août, septembre...", and take care of the jetlag, in France we are GMT +2:00 in summer and GMT +1:00 in winter.

KIGO1987
18th August 2008, 07:35 PM
Thanks guys ill keep that in mind in the future.

Now about now, is there any online races happening? Leungbok want to host the room again friend?

leungbok
18th August 2008, 07:58 PM
I'm in. just a 4 races tournament with Raiden-mk to finish and It's starts :beer

KIGO1987
18th August 2008, 09:49 PM
PSP overload twice and froze:evil great.... The 333MHz processor couldnt handle a phantom tournament with 8 racers. Good thing there isnt online chat in the gameplay cause you would of heard every single curse word in the english language.:g

leungbok
18th August 2008, 10:15 PM
Worse words than mine's in french, Kigo, when i'm first with 4 sec. in a race and hit a mine left by the last pilot and have a respawn of 4 sec. but behind ? not sure :g
Great races today with you, Micky, Supersox, and the french team, lauga52, Magnum5962 and, Triangul_R ( not so far from france, mate ;)). Thanks to everybody and sorry to the forgotten.

Ps : Really Kigo, a online chat is missing. To read the F...k, the S...t, the b...ch were very fun, to read and write (a way to evacuate the pressure :g:g:g)

KIGO1987
18th August 2008, 10:28 PM
Oh this is a classic, in one of the tournaments that where in your room. There was a race that was at Tech Dar Rar Black and Supersox was leaving every single ****ing bomb and mines on the track for me to hit. I was second and i hit the wall on the final lap just before the the finish, my ship blew up (an almighty 'cnt' roar you could here from my house), but interestingly my ships wreck went over the finish line and i was still awarded second.

micky1984
18th August 2008, 10:29 PM
yeah i had some online frustrations also. numerous difficulties getting games started but it all came good in the end with some hectic 8 player phantom madness. Raced a load of WZ pilots i havnt met before so cheers del stepho and darkdrium (i think thats right :?) im not goin to be around for the next week as im on holiday. ill probably suffer some kind of withdrawal symptoms being away from pulse for a week (resulting in me barrel rolling around barcalona probably grrr :evil) anyway cheers again:beer

KIGO1987
18th August 2008, 10:33 PM
I was with you in the tournament Micky, the last race on the **** track 'Basilico Black' the PSP froze. would of got a position of second if i finished that race. ****:brickwall

micky1984
18th August 2008, 10:54 PM
yeah i saw u duck out and thought u wud be p*ssed u were doing way better than me i think i was last by the end :brickwall

leungbok
18th August 2008, 10:59 PM
To Kigo : It seems that things happening very close to the finish line can show strange results. Sometimes when a pilot pass the line half a second before me and when my speed was higher (due to turbo or br) i'm often ranked first despite my time is inferior. But for your adventure of tonight, i'll file a complaint, i deserve to be second on that race :g:g !

To Micky : good holydays, or "felices fiestas" I:beer

KIGO1987
19th August 2008, 04:40 PM
Anyone up for a quick fang, i mean race? You wanna host again Leungbok, or are you already online?

leungbok
19th August 2008, 05:21 PM
I'm in with infaxsu, join us :)
---
Ouups ! the race name is bigben360 i think !

KIGO1987
22nd August 2008, 10:24 PM
Had some online 'one on one' races then with ExpitariuS french guy, he used a reverse quake on me on Fort Gale Black, but i my sheild was good, so haha, no elemination there.

But hey im made him reasonable happy on Vertica White Phantom

KIGO1987: 1:38:19
ExpitariuS: 1:38:89

:rock:beer:g:g:g:g

Cut:g Considering im 30th on the Wipeout world rankings Leaderboard and he is 1st. If that does not move my world ranking them im ****ed to know what will. Can someone give me the link the the French Wipeout site, i want to have a look at something:)

leungbok
22nd August 2008, 10:58 PM
Hi Kigo, i'm sure you'll reach soon the top ten if you continue like that.

KIGO1987
23rd August 2008, 12:26 AM
Hey thanks Leungbok. Is Expitarius a mod there or something?

Ive got a French dictionary in the house along wish Spanish and Italiano. I should see if i can try to Interpretate some of the content on the Website. it appears that there is a huge Wipeout fanbase there.

How many 'WipeoutZone' members are also a part of 'Wipeout Arena', can already see quite a few, just by looking at the Wipeout Arena Homepage.

Darkdrium777
23rd August 2008, 12:35 AM
Count me as one.

leungbok
23rd August 2008, 12:41 AM
Hey Kigo, i don't know for expitarius, but some top racers are on both websites. I uses too the google translating stuff, it can help sometimes but it oblige me to a strict correct english, but i'm not that snob ;)

RJ O'Connell
23rd August 2008, 03:24 AM
I had a forum account and it may have been deleted due to inactivity...:/

mdhay
23rd August 2008, 08:08 AM
Just went up against a guy named stealth-driver.

Wip3ou7
23rd August 2008, 08:33 AM
got a room open right now, anyone up for a 5 race tournament? room name is wipeoutzone, not sure if im in english-speaking or usa universe but im there. join up

mdhay
23rd August 2008, 09:02 AM
Oh dang, I missed you.:(

Asayyeah
23rd August 2008, 12:01 PM
Is Expitarius a mod there or something?
Yes he is , due to his dedication to Wipeout pulse and also for all the positive stuff he can bring through this site.
I must reckon the wipeout-arena site is pretty active and very well organized, sadly i am not posting much there but my heart and soul are floating around that cool french forum.

Back on topic, Stin and I will be online tonight : the drunken session gonna start when we 'kill' enough Stellas :beer
Don't expect amazing performance from us but a good laugh : oh YES

mdhay
23rd August 2008, 12:04 PM
What time?

stin
23rd August 2008, 12:41 PM
That we will let you know after a Barbie but not THAT Barbie!, so, I will be more than pissed then and I hope I can win one race!!!:dizzy

stevie:burger

Asayyeah
23rd August 2008, 06:16 PM
Awesome BBQ we had few min ago : that was delicious and i am done with the food, now starting the ... drinks !! :beer

RJ O'Connell
23rd August 2008, 06:23 PM
(could possibly be in on this) :g Even sober I still couldn't keep up without weapons, Avalon's Ode to TT proved that ;)

mdhay
23rd August 2008, 06:28 PM
Awesome BBQ we had few min ago : that was delicious and i am done with the food, now starting the ... drinks !! :beer

So, whaddya think my chances are of beating a pissed french/robot man and a fellow scotsman?

RJ O'Connell
23rd August 2008, 06:29 PM
Depends on the BAC. ;)

stin
23rd August 2008, 07:23 PM
So, whaddya think my chances are of beating a pissed french/robot man and a fellow scotsman?

Answer is......Ziltch!:rolleyes:

stevie:nod

Wip3ou7
23rd August 2008, 11:06 PM
yeah you did just miss me, lol, i had the room open for about 20 minutes or so and noone joined :( But here's a notice in advance, when i get home tonight I will be hosting tournament games... I'll start the room up at about 11pm EST time (-5 GMT) hopefully ill see some of you there.... mdhay you better be there!

edit- gonna have to postpone the race for about 2 hours

RJ O'Connell
24th August 2008, 03:42 AM
I'm sorry I didn't get to join in either, the WiFi connection at UNA has some sort of issue where you cannot game online at the moment. I feel bad about that.

Wip3ou7
24th August 2008, 08:42 AM
seems like noone is ever on when im on. sometimes it seems like im the only person in the usa that plays wipeout lol.

mdhay
24th August 2008, 08:55 AM
...11pm... mdhay you better be there!

My next door internet switches off around 8:30pm, that's why I haven't been participating.

stin
24th August 2008, 09:26 AM
I want a ruling from you guys!!, Asa promised me, he will get drunk last night and he did not:naughty, so, I was absolutely blootered and cannie see a thing while racing online.

Well, do asa gets disqualified? :nod

Now, I`m nursing my hangover while he still in his bed!

stevie:coffee

mdhay
24th August 2008, 09:31 AM
Yes!!

WIESNER45
24th August 2008, 10:08 AM
I'm playing online quite a lot at the moment, seeing as I only got the game the other day, I'm normally on at about 7pm GMT. I'll be under WIESNER45 aswell!

James.

supersocks
24th August 2008, 01:03 PM
Couple of races from my session with Leungbok and Nuclear_Baby last night. More to come but I'm bit busy now, sorry.

Moa Therma Black
crap (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Epz8zUdXpg) | h264 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Epz8zUdXpg&fmt=18) | less crap (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Epz8zUdXpg&fmt=6)

Metropia White
crap (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ff1IpOhGdbo) | h264 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ff1IpOhGdbo&fmt=18) | less crap (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ff1IpOhGdbo&fmt=6)

(Should this be in Pulse videos thread anyway...?)

leungbok
24th August 2008, 04:21 PM
Hey Supersox, i understand better now ! Your backquake technique is awesome :+
I'll save more shields from now on ;)

KIGO1987
24th August 2008, 06:16 PM
****, ****, ****.

Im away on Sat night and i miss out on those races.

Would of been riding hot in Goteki and EGX:twisted

Hellfire_WZ
24th August 2008, 07:41 PM
I want a ruling from you guys!!, Asa promised me, he will get drunk last night and he did not:naughty, so, I was absolutely blootered and cannie see a thing while racing online.

Now, I`m nursing my hangover while he still in his bed!

stevie:coffee

Now maybe that's something that could be tried out at the next EWC. One round, all competitors (of legal drinking age) must have consumed at least X units of alcohol ;)

packetmon
24th August 2008, 09:11 PM

For being sober - NO.
For being a pussy ass cheater - YES

KIGO1987
24th August 2008, 10:22 PM
That was some insanely fast **** there.

Then the ****er decided to screw up at the end of Vertica after i won the race. Then it froze and turned itself back on again. I hope all the races i did online then where still valid on the Wipeout-Game ranking system. Man im ****in' seriously pissed:evil:brickwall i was enjoying those races with Packetmon, Leungok and TRIANGUL-R.

Just thinking Wipeout HD should have in game chat. Imagine all the colourful language around the world that you could hear in one room:g

Wip3ou7
24th August 2008, 10:34 PM
im down for some online pulse today if anyone is going to be playing.... anyone? anyone?

Asayyeah
24th August 2008, 10:44 PM
For being sober - NO.
For being a pussy ass cheater - YES

And you for insulting me, what gonna you receive ?

kaori
24th August 2008, 10:55 PM
This story takes too much momentum.
Do not forget that this is a game, we're humans, that words can hurt.
Attack the tip and not the people.
And respect the opinion of everyone

Xavier
24th August 2008, 11:05 PM
Finally got to try online play two days ago! It was a lot of fun and despite there being few people online at the same time, there are challengers at every level.

I thought I would get pummeled but I seemed to do OK. I think I've won 16 of 32 races, and even placed 2nd in a tournament (CletusStreet nipped me at the last second).

I also pulled off my first-ever perfect race, getting four perfect laps in a row against some unsuspecting opponent -- actually I myself was pretty unsuspecting, as I don't think I'd ever even had two PLs in a row!

Do you not acquire loyalty points for online mode? Do the times count towards your personal bests?

KIGO1987
24th August 2008, 11:23 PM
Sweet you got a wireless net connection going now.

Loyal points are not included in online play, also if you get some killer lap and Race records they dont count either in your profile. A bit stupid if you ask me:brickwall

Should do some online races together. Thats if you are up for some insane fast **** where Phantom is the fixed speed and the pilots who have an only hope of achieving a pole position have to be in the top 30 Ranks. Would be cool to race soon:g

packetmon
25th August 2008, 01:21 AM
I am sorry I suppose I was a little harsh.
But I had asked Rob to delete my account and its not happening fast enough.
I've already deleted all my records off the boards.

Do not underestimate the "tip" in the hands of a skilled pilot.
Asa cranked out a 1:52 or 1:53 on Outpost 7 White even after I slammed him as he lapped me.
This was while racing with a slew of great pilots online.

What is the difference if one does this or they hack the game to digitally always press down using CFW?
The way I feel is that if you want to do this online, you should have every right to, but keep it in a passwd protected game with you and others who have agreed to race in whichever way you decide.

I would not feel right racing with an advantage with such a great crowd.
If I won, I would feel like a scoundrel.
So, this puzzles me how one can do this.

Whatever, it doesn't matter what I say here there is always someone on top here to overrule everything.
Farewell
Another thing...
Its very easy to spot this "tip" in a video.
A normal ship will bounce more and you will see the ship nose down here and there.
If you want to hit the top times you have to nose down on turns and off the GO, at least.
So... you can verify if someone is using it or not.

JABBERJAW
25th August 2008, 01:58 AM
Arnaud can do a 1:53 without the tip, much less being in first and getting alot of turbos as well. Why don't you just tape the stick up, it plays alot nicer, or hold the controller different to be able to use both sticks. This is a battle there is no reason to fight. I can see why there is a battle about firmware though, since everyone does not have it. So unless someone tells me they cannot afford a piece of tape and a busted little piece of a plastic spoon, I support it. The only reason to fight it would be that you would need to get new records, like when that knucklehead ( :) )figured out tapping brakes with the piranha sped you up, I had to play through the entire set of tracks again, which actually turned out to be pretty fun, as stupid as that tip was. You should just try taping it up and playing for a few days, if you do not like it, then don't use it, just be sure to use a different mem card so you don't wreck your times if you go back to the old style

Just read packetmon's old post, and hadn't seen it before about Arnaud

"For being a pussy ass cheater - YES"

translated: I am going to be a rude ass to the nicest guy on the forum

I'm sorry for trying to be nice above to packetmon. Arnaud is one of the nicest guys you could meet, and this is the sort of **** you write about him. Arnaud
could kick your ass at any wipeout game under any conditions, and NEVER be disrespectful, and the mention that you could not beat him because he had his nose foward is ****ing ridiculous. ARnaud got a 1:53 or a 1:54 here during our tourney on outpost against xavier when we had no idea about the "tip", so to say it isn't possible is having a serious lack of knowledge of how good he really is, meaning by far the best wipeout player overall. I am sure he will enjoy mopping up the floor with you in future races. He won't be the only one.

noticed one more thing:

"slammed him as he lapped me"

so you would have won if he didn't have the nose foward? As I recall, a lap takes more than 2-5 seconds to complete

RJ O'Connell
25th August 2008, 02:20 AM
As far as I'm concerned, this discussion belongs in a thread related to the Speed Tip.

But I do have my popcorn on hand regardless. I ordered a large, since this could turn out to be quite epic. :g

Darkdrium777
25th August 2008, 02:30 AM
This is exactly what I fear about (/Points to post in Pure section, you know which one it is). Sure I am being pessimistic but it's true. The fact that it is just starting like that should be alarming to everyone. Do we really need that kind of BS in our community? The answer is a loud, clear and resounding NO.
If mod is allowed because it's super easy to make, at least it should be prohibited because it will cause flames like this. This is the internet, and you know we all meet in real life. Can you just imagine what it will be like in meetings, or better yet, will there be any more meetings?

This is just the start, I'm thinking out loud, I might be wrong (And I certainly hope I am), but as I said this is just the start. As I also said in order to protect myself and the others from any such things as above happening between me and people I consider to be friends, I won't take part in any of it one second longer. If you don't want to join me because you disagree with me on the fun/competition part, join me because it's altruistic and because you believe splitting the community in two isn't the way to go.

JABBERJAW
25th August 2008, 02:36 AM
this flame started because someone called Arnaud a "pussy ass cheater". There was nothing bad before this. Someone who acts in that way should be called out.

this xavier/ darkdrium777 thing is tough :) I gotta use names on the forum and not real ones I guess

Darkdrium777
25th August 2008, 02:51 AM
There was nothing bad before this.I disagree, this has to do with the on-going argument of which I will not take part anymore; as I believe I have expressed everything I have to say on this matter. It's sad that it has to come to this but if you say I didn't call it... :/ Hopefully nobody follows is all I can say.

RJ O'Connell
25th August 2008, 02:51 AM
Xavier, I truly understand where you're coming from. And I feel bad for Task, also - he was the one that first demonstrated how to do the tip exploit and I don't think this is where he wanted it to end up. Fortunately, one of the worst advocates against the use of the tip won't be seen around here anymore very shortly. I think it'll take more than just a gameplay exploit to divide the community here - if it was all it took, we'd have shut down shortly after Fusion came out with all its one second lap times! ;)

As for packetmon - well, that pretty much confirms that just because people intend to race with honour doesn't mean they're going to be honourable.

Protip: Rob won't delete your username just because you ask. You do, however, tend to get a permanent ban for insulting some of our most respected members and claiming that they've cheated because you aren't winning all the time, then follow it up with a whining, immature, self-depreciating display of butthurt. That's ****ing weak, man. As Al said, Asayyeah doesn't need to cheat at all to be at the level that he is. It's not the worst **** I've seen a member post here, not even close to the racist tirades of "The Uncreated" long ago.

tl;dr: GTFO.

And on that closing statement, if I can find a reliable connection (read: Not LionAir) this weekend, who'd be up for a short series of races hosted by yours truly?

KIGO1987
25th August 2008, 10:48 AM
I was reading an old thread on the member called the 'The Uncreated', it seems he was pissed off on an entirely higher level. Someone enlighten me what was the entire story about what happened with this 'The Uncreated' member, i only know a few parts from an old thread.

Packetmon is irritated by cheats. As would other members and i if you put alot of endless effort into the recordboards. Packetmon is my first mate on this forum, i think you guys should give him a break. He is a ****ing good racer online, and i hope to do more races with him.

JABBERJAW
25th August 2008, 12:55 PM
no break from me when he calls a friend assinine names, sorry. AND it already has been allowed before he wrote that. New techniques have been found throughout the years in all versions of the wipeout games, ranging from going through walls, tapping brakes, scraping walls, or touching turbo in the air in wipeout 3 sometimes gave a superboost. All of these new techniques caused the community that wanted good times to go back and play through the tracks again with the new technique, and it takes a while to get the true best times a game can achieve. If you want to keep up, you need to adapt to the new technique. I haven't adapted to how arnaud plays, and that is why I cannot catch him in xl (all that brake turning is driving me crazy), but you don't see me compaining saying that he shouldn't turn with his brakes, because it doesn't make sense as to why it should be faster. AND what happens when they officially create an update allowing ps3 controllers onto the psp, would you want to ban that as well, when someone starts using an official liscenced ps3 steering wheel for pulse.

Asayyeah
25th August 2008, 03:35 PM
Thx everyone for support, especially Al : if in future SL puts me in the court , i could ask you to be my lawer ;)

Seriously speaking like i said last night to the french site, i like racing with the tip on and also with CFW : that is my choice, i can also compete with my 2nd psp and OFW if necessary.

About the wipeout-game scores i will update soon my scores i ll see what is happening here but i can upload my OFW as well through the zone.

Damn lack of time to say what i want and to thx pilots for wishing me my BDay , i will do that tomorrow i promise

Lance
25th August 2008, 06:24 PM
I've given 'packetmon' a three-day vacation for flaming, and to stop this from getting worse. If people can't argue their points rationally without insult, they should leave.

KIGO1987
25th August 2008, 10:16 PM
I hope i can still get into contact with Packetmon somehow..

Online meetings tonight. Thanks Leungbok, Kairo and Tioscarab.

Hey Leungbok did you like the wall coming towards you on Tech De Ra earlier on? Say hellow to my lil friend (couldnt find the smilie that i was looking for, Rob you need to put in a Al Pacino Scarface smilie in the smiles list:D)

leungbok
25th August 2008, 10:50 PM
I begin to me wary from your usual teasing ;)(Your's, supersox's...) and i manage to stay at a high health level when i'm behind :g

xtriko
25th August 2008, 10:50 PM
tonight, me, my wife (Spitfire2097) and a portuguese friend (Mindlabh) had the first races in 2 months! damn we are rusty! we had great time playing with awesome pilots like Darkdrium777, Supersox, Raiden MK and to finish tonight play i went to avalon... XD
well monsier Del Stepho ruined us all lol.
See you soon mates!

Xavier
25th August 2008, 10:58 PM
Raiden MK!

That guy gave me a pasting online. Right after my confidence was soaring after inning easily in my first few tries -- he must have beaten me by 10 seconds on one of the Flash courses. Humbling :D

Wip3ou7
26th August 2008, 05:50 AM
Time: Now
Uni: English Speaking
Room: WipEoutzone
Type: 12 race Tournament, Rapier Class.
Mood: Just for fun. C'mon in!

edit: hey KIGO glad you could make it, shall we wait for more?

KIGO1987
26th August 2008, 06:15 AM
I was wondering what was happening. Um start the tournament. More can come soon:)

Wip3ou7
26th August 2008, 06:20 AM
doh i forgot to select my ship... using feisar :( /cry oh well, hopefully you guys will be down for more racing after this... hmm and why did it go to moa therma again.. i was racing someone who quit on me, maybe all the settings got messed up
edit; oh god this sucks. feisar is seriously slow

KIGO1987
26th August 2008, 07:03 AM
Always another time hey Wip3ou7. Good to see that packetmon gave a visit in the tournament.. Could of won the 12 race tournament if i won againest him on the last course. Damn:brickwall

kanar
26th August 2008, 07:43 AM
hey xtriko,

good to see you online again!
yeah there was a tiny avalon event yesterday night (just outpost7), during one or 2 hours... In fact I'm the worst wiper in the world on this track, so I wanted to learn from my friends del, leungbok, Expitarius, darkdrium... That was rude, I'm a real zombie today (lack of sleep + headache because of too much whiskey & I still suck A LOT at outpost7). hope to race you all soon(.

(thanks to all the wipers who came last night, I remember karmaneo, raiden, shadow...& after there's a blank in my memory:beer)
damn real world is hard after a drunk wipeout night
100th post! yeah!

KIGO1987
26th August 2008, 01:26 PM
Online racing of a different kind, aussie pilots in aussie ships. Great doing those phantom and raiper speed events in the two Triakis ships hey Trent:D Good racing as well INFAXSU. I needed a break from the french for a change.

trentdf
26th August 2008, 01:29 PM
yeah good fun actually having a challenge, AUSSIE PRIDE!!! actually my custom skin is an aussie pride triakis, i'd put it up but im computer illeterate. Still i think your too good for me KIGO, i'll have to practice more

Lance
26th August 2008, 05:41 PM
[non sequitur]> Aussie rules football is definitely something to be proud of. The most fun to watch [MO] of any of the football variants. Also probably the hardest one to play well.

KIGO1987
27th August 2008, 08:16 AM
Yes its is a great sporting game, AFL football. Except many of the Umpires in the game are dumb cunts. I just need to find the link on YouTube of the major brawl in the Western Derby here a few years back, funny stuff. WCE lost by a point in that game. Funny stuff since im a Freo supporter. Also when Barry Hall with that punch this year. lol also. Channel 9's footy show is something always good to watch on a Thursday night.

Lance
27th August 2008, 03:26 PM
I get to see Aussie Football League here on Monday nights. This week it was Sydney Swans vs. Geelong.

KIGO1987
27th August 2008, 03:32 PM
Damn how many channels do you get in the US? Geelong is going to take the premiership again, i might even go to TAB and bet on it since im that certain.

Lance
27th August 2008, 04:10 PM
I only get 30 channels; I receive digital broadcasts on my analog tv by using a converter box attached to just a rabbit-ears and bow-tie antenna that sits on top of my DVD player. People with cable or satellite get 80 or more.

The digital station can have multiple channels. A few have 5, some only have one. Most have 2 or 3. If atmospheric conditions are good, I can get up to 38 channels in the area where I live, but every place in the country is different, depending on number and distance of broadcast stations and towers.

KIGO1987
29th August 2008, 01:40 PM
Anybody going online soon? Xavier? Leungbok? Packetmon?..

Xavier
29th August 2008, 02:25 PM
Kigo, I work the overnight shift here in Japan (-1 hour from Perth, I think) and might go on during the early morning hours. Maybe I'll go online tomorrow evening too.

Is there a chat forum here so that when multiple Wipeout Zone members are online at teh same time, we can talk about our racing?

Darkdrium777
29th August 2008, 03:55 PM
There's the IRC chat channel on quakenet, I think the channel is #wipeoutzone, not sure. I don't go there much, but it should do the trick ;)

Xavier
30th August 2008, 12:44 PM
KIGO! You're about to beat me... but I'll give it my best shot!

(Edit: For some reason, I couldn't start the game and had my connection severed... I'll be on for another half hour or so if you're still reading!)

KIGO1987
30th August 2008, 12:57 PM
Hey im still online ill make a room under my name

KIGO1987 its going to be on Vertica

xtriko
30th August 2008, 01:17 PM
oh god... someone save me from KIGO claws XD he's beating me all the time... lol

----

sorry mate. something happened here in my place. i'll be back soon. sorry :S

back

bothamliam
1st September 2008, 01:25 PM
Hi there everyone,

Im new to these boards but not so new to the game. If there is anybody that still goes online would you like a few races?

Rapier-Phantom ( preferably rapier >_> ), on any course except Platinum Rush...

KIGO1987
1st September 2008, 01:49 PM
Yeah i go online from time to time. Myself Rapier to Phantom and if there was Zen (fixed speed) ill do that as well. What are you intentions do you wish to race someone soon? BTW what timezone are you in? im GMT+8.

bothamliam
1st September 2008, 02:10 PM
GMT for me
I just wanna have some friendly races, preferably in rapier but i'll do phantom if someone really wants to.

bothamliam
1st September 2008, 02:23 PM
Also, i didnt mention but yes, i would like a race sometime soon if you will ^_^

KIGO1987
1st September 2008, 02:37 PM
You want to make a room? i should be able to fit in some races right about now

bothamliam
1st September 2008, 03:03 PM
Yeah sure. I'll start one and wait for you.
Just one q, weapons or no weapons.

EDIT: ok room made, 5 race tourney, atm weapons are on. RAPIER, sorry but yeah ._.

KIGO1987
1st September 2008, 03:09 PM
Im in a room called 'i suck' Flashback Jack is the host. I can go to you room if you want to

bothamliam
1st September 2008, 03:13 PM
ill come to you. gimme a sec

Edit: gaah, it says no games found ._.

kanar
1st September 2008, 03:16 PM
Im in a room called 'i suck' Flashback Jack is the host. I can go to you room if you want to

LOL Flash

bothamliam
1st September 2008, 03:20 PM
Heh, i made an arena.
same settings as i mentioned before. Ill wait for ya.

EDIT: are you fryaya?

EDIT2: well my psp says there is 1 game in english, which im assuming is you, but it must be in progress because i cant join =/

EDIT3: hehe, im in.

EDIT4: ...or not

KIGO1987
1st September 2008, 03:49 PM
No im KIGO1987.

Flash lured me in to the room the ****. Room was called 'I Suck' lol.

Great races.

Was havent some shitty rounds was multitasking. On MSN replying to msgs and talking to someone in real.

bothamliam
1st September 2008, 03:52 PM
come join my room. Jack is here =P
i beat him once, hes ebat me once.

EDIT: Wow he is betetr than me ._. Even with perfect laps, and hitting every speed apd, he is ebating me...with the same craft.

EDIT2: HOLY *, i cannot beat this dude. Im assuming he is nosing down, which i seriously need to learn how to do. Because even on the same line, he is moving faster than my piranha craft. And he is using AG Systems.

Flashback Jack
1st September 2008, 04:08 PM
i cannot beat this dude. Im assuming he is nosing down

False.

- F

bothamliam
1st September 2008, 04:11 PM
=[
so what ARE you doing? even when im lucky with turbos, hit every pad, follow the smoothest line adn dont hit the wall, you still go faster.

EDIT: My wifi cut out by the way.

EDIT2: Im sorry but there is no possibly way that can be, 6 seconds ahead when i hit every pad, took every turn as smoothly ass possible and nosed down thoguh the straights AND completed 4 perfect laps, that you can be ahead 6 seconds. If i can see someone else do it then congrats youre a brilliant player, but you are the only person ive ever een do that.

EDIT3: ^ that was a bit angry of me and for that i am sorry, however if there is some technique youre using please sahre, it would be nice to improve my piloting.

Flashback Jack
1st September 2008, 04:20 PM
Nine posts in and you're asking me to explain myself?

Get used to the disparity. It's the norm around here. No amount of offline practice will prepare you for the heat you'll face against established Wipeout Zone members.

The technique is practice, and that's the bottom line.

- F

bothamliam
1st September 2008, 04:23 PM
Guess ill practice with you then, sorry if i came across a little rash, im like that.
I am a terrible loser, but i get over it =P
Sorry again..

KIGO1987
1st September 2008, 04:27 PM
Im chatting to some people on MSN sorry i wasnt in the online races.

Hey Mod wars 'round 2' feat Flash and the new guy.

bothamliam
1st September 2008, 04:29 PM
i dunno what that means ._.

AHA, nice reversed quake, evilll

Lance
1st September 2008, 04:37 PM
Since this thread is duplicating the function of the ^Online Meetings^ thread here in the Pulse section of the forums, I'm merging it with that thread.

bothamliam
1st September 2008, 04:45 PM
ooh getting better, only 3 seconds now!
Youre good jack, and so was that tech de ra black race. =]
Nope, youre still definately better xD I'm enjoying this ^_^

KIGO1987
1st September 2008, 04:46 PM
Reverse Quakes are used by people to show off to others. Like when i was lagging behind a bit in some of the race. Flash let one rip on Fort Gale. But i beat him on Metropia Black:):rock

Flashback Jack
1st September 2008, 04:49 PM
..to show off to others.

Or to teach them an important lesson in humility.

- F

bothamliam
1st September 2008, 04:54 PM
Thanks dude, good races, i g2g now anyway. But seriously, youre really good, gives me something to aim for i suppose ^_^
See ya some other day.

Lance
1st September 2008, 04:55 PM
Or to teach them an important lesson in humility.

- F

Something we could all use. :D

Flashback Jack
1st September 2008, 05:08 PM
Thanks dude, good races..

Since I figure you don't have a manual for the game and didn't mention barrel rolls in your previous post, be sure to learn how to execute them if you don't know already.

- F

xtriko
1st September 2008, 06:44 PM
bothamliam, welcome to wipeout zone.
Flashback Jack is not only a good player. He's one of the best in the world. you cannot start arguing with that. what he said is true. Practice. Lot's of online losses will come to you. like to all the other new online pilots. Wipeout Online is where you learn the real stuff. where to place mines and bombs, use turbos, barrel rolls, combine turbos with barrel rolls and vice versa... and even nose down. try to watch a few videos on youtube. there are a lot of players like flashback. not better nor worse. if you keep playing, you will race them for sure. be pacient and play with joy :)
keep flying ;)

bothamliam
1st September 2008, 07:27 PM
Thanks for he welcome, and Flashback Jack, i do have a manual for the game, i bought it legitimately, and i do barrel roll, but not online..
i dont have to confidence to pull them off in the same places i would offline, such as some of the maps where it has a ramped sidewalls ( tech de ra for example ) that can be used for take offs, then the obvious places and the not so obvious ones.

I'll get there in time though.

But once again, great races earlier today, i really enjoyed them once i got over myself ^_^

leungbok
1st September 2008, 11:30 PM
Great online races this evening, with top wipers, Flashback-Jack, Supersox, Kaori714, Raiden-mk, Infaxsu, James-sp, Packetmon, Kappeskopp, Phlow, Cnmth... Very disputed races with few eliminations. 3/4 for me due to mines and backquakes (Supersox :bomb). Maybe my best session, as good as the races with Kigo and micky. Thank you very much mates :)

cnmth
2nd September 2008, 09:52 AM
Yes very good races leungbok, and the others u mentioned in the post above.
And some races were hard ye bomb and mine feast :p
U improved alot since i raced you for the first time leungbok, keep up the good work :+

Good Games !

Cya tonight or tommorow for some more action :dizzy

ppl who are racing online join #wipeoutzone on irc.quakenet.org !
so we can chat.
much better as msn ;)

leungbok
2nd September 2008, 10:08 AM
thanks Cnmth, i had a lot of training and i hope i'll pursue my progress on HD ;)

phl0w
2nd September 2008, 10:51 AM
Thanks for some races too :lol
I haven't touched Pulse for half a year now, so I was quite pissed to find my not knowing many of the tracks (especially Black versions) good enough anymore to race them on Phantom online, especially vs. the likes of FlashbackJack, James and cnmth. So I quit after 5 races or so. But I'll get there again! Still, good races!

bothamliam
2nd September 2008, 11:02 AM
Hey xtriko, youre pretty good =P
im enjoying these races, if you want a particular track jsut ask.

Gotta love close races =]
less than a second on de konstruct

you must of placed a bomb on the apex's of every twisty section of fort gale then.

quakes are evil, every time im ahead of you, if you use quake, thats it im done, you gain too much distance xD

xtriko
2nd September 2008, 11:11 AM
aaaaahhhhhh... it's you :D i'm also enjoying this! feel free to choose the tracks ;)

bothamliam
2nd September 2008, 11:24 AM
sorry for dc jsut then, phone rang, goddamn recorded sales mesage
urgh

LOL, outpost 7 + me = fail, i jsut wanted to try it...i dont think that'll happen again.

haha, piranha is definately faster than feisar, i jsut ran 5 perfect laps and i STILL lost by 4 seconds.

xtriko
2nd September 2008, 11:36 AM
keep selecting the tracks you want ;) wanna do some op7 runs in phantom? practice runs. we can go with no weapons if you want :)

bothamliam
2nd September 2008, 11:40 AM
yeah that sounds good. thanks, i really do need practice on outpost..

this is gonna be bad ._.

xtriko
2nd September 2008, 11:41 AM
;) here we go!
ps. don't be mad about the reverse quake. it was only for fun and not to show off ;)

bothamliam
2nd September 2008, 11:43 AM
i didnt even see the quake and erm...i told you it was gonna be bad, ill do some regualr tracks, ill practice outpsot in tt mode.

xtriko
2nd September 2008, 11:44 AM
ok no problem mate ;)
yeah! James_sp :D

OH GOD!!! I never hitted so many mines and bombs!! James_sp, you are the DEVIL! eheheh ;)

bothamliam
2nd September 2008, 11:47 AM
that dude sure knows how to place a trap.

xtriko
2nd September 2008, 11:49 AM
true true true!

bothamliam
2nd September 2008, 11:52 AM
holy *...that dude, is fast.

James_sp
2nd September 2008, 11:56 AM
hey! its been a long time xtriko! :rock
good to see you again

xtriko
this one was fun! he won again lol
yes... too long! i'm on holydays and since i'm alone at home right now, i'm playing online ;)
let's fight! lol

bothamliam
he jsut oevrtook me by riding on my head until i slammed into a wall head first ._.
---
HAHAHA for some reason my game didnt warn me of low shield, so i paeyd no attention to it...and went boom

xtriko
2nd September 2008, 12:01 PM
lol. S%$T happens :S aren't you going to join?

James_sp now is you an me 1 vs 1 and... I'll kick you arse!!lololol or not

bothamliam
2nd September 2008, 12:02 PM
it wont let me ._.

i left my room by accident, adn now i cant rejoin it, or create a new one, so could one of you make one?

yea...i cant join my own game, and if i try to create a new one it says it already exists...so im a bit confused.

Can one of you please host a game =/

James_sp
2nd September 2008, 12:05 PM
join now, its ready

hehehe, that was close!

xtriko
2nd September 2008, 12:05 PM
try now

here we go ;)

AT LAST! XD

bothamliam
2nd September 2008, 12:08 PM
yay...this is weird, james is hosting MY game.

i meant to choose feisar...

xtriko
2nd September 2008, 12:11 PM
Liam, create a room

bothamliam
2nd September 2008, 12:15 PM
i give up, i cant avoid these damn traps. Also, its 1.20 and i want some lunch =]
Ill come back in about 20 minutes if you two are still online. It appears that in the last hour or so, i haev slowly forgoteen how to play this game.

^ apparently ive forgotten hwo to type to.

xtriko
2nd September 2008, 12:17 PM
i think i'll follow you to lunch. it was fun!
James_sp, as always, you ROCK!

cya later mates :)

XtriKO

James_sp
2nd September 2008, 12:19 PM
see you mates!

and thanks xtriko!

trentdf
2nd September 2008, 12:48 PM
thx for the races james, and thx for not back quaking me :brickwall maybe next time i should do a few practice races, instead of jumping online with the big boys. (ive adjusted to 2097 and 3 again). still its no excuse, you still would have handed me my arse, good races.

James_sp
2nd September 2008, 01:05 PM
thanks trentdf, and dont worry about the backquake, just i like to get distance when i´m ahead, never stop.
see you :+

KIGO1987
3rd September 2008, 12:24 PM
Right im going online now to see if there any games yet. Anybody want to join?

Primal-Convoy
3rd September 2008, 02:12 PM
I cannot login. It says my username and password are incorrect. The online skin generator says the same thing.

Wipeout Pure had a hacked online play system that routed the adhock wifi mode (ie: playing in the same room style) via a server to enable online play.

Perhaps this is a solution to a few probs?

1/ Non-cheating/non-custom firmware users can race with likeminded players.

2/ No more bugs and "interuptions" by silly old Sony.CON!!!

Anyone know if this exists or could work?

bothamliam
3rd September 2008, 02:28 PM
I cannot login. It says my username and password are incorrect. The online skin generator says the same thing.

Have you bothered trying to simply go online and register a new username and password on playstation network?

^ sorry that wasnt meant to sound rude.

Hopefully that sorted it lance, sorry for the excessive quote.

Lance
3rd September 2008, 04:31 PM
'bothamliam': Please read the forum's guidelines for posting.

Mad-Ice
3rd September 2008, 07:59 PM
phlOw is just back in the game but Leungbok is ruthless and eliminated him in the first race! :twisted Oeps.

Luckely that was the only elimination for phlOw. Together with Leungbok we had some cool races. 1 win for you, Leungbok on Vertica white, congrats.

leungbok
4th September 2008, 06:34 AM
Thanks Mad-Ice, always motivating to race against the most skilled pilots, as you and Phlow.

alterego
4th September 2008, 06:36 AM
Hi All.

After a long time (around three months) last evening i race online a little in pulse......

i lost every race :(

i'm totally out of training ;)

go to practice like a real noob....in venom! :D

read you soon
cdrom

ps tnx to phlow for the 'little' lesson in edgewinter white! ;)

xtriko
4th September 2008, 09:53 AM
hi mates :) someone wants to join me and Micky1984?

phl0w
4th September 2008, 10:46 AM
Thanks for the races yesterday! Like alteregorr I too paused from Pulse for a long time, but instead of practicing time trials I decided to just race Phantom online to get back in the game. Great fun to race against skilled pilots.
And a special "thank you!" to alteregorr for choosing DLC tracks. Nobody races them online.
I only won on Edgewinter White because that's the only track from DLC I time-trialed so far ;) On all the others I'm totally lost. :beer
Hope to see some of you again tonight!

Darkdrium777
4th September 2008, 12:04 PM
Nobody races them online.That may be explainable by the simple fact that two-thirds of the world cannot buy the DLC. >.<

phl0w
4th September 2008, 09:45 PM
Thanks to INFAXSU for many awesome and tight races!

Still some people online

Mad-Ice
5th September 2008, 08:02 PM
I am online now! Is there anybody out there screaming: WIPEOUT?

kaori
5th September 2008, 08:15 PM
I want to join you but I don't see you! I play with leungbok if you want.

Mad-Ice
5th September 2008, 08:38 PM
I was in a tour. But found you now!

bothamliam
5th September 2008, 08:55 PM
good races mad ice, come join me if you want.

Or ill come try and find you guys. I keep missing your games =[

kaori
5th September 2008, 08:58 PM
We are in the game "leungbok" if you want join us.

bothamliam
5th September 2008, 08:59 PM
i couldnt find you. im in a race now once im done ill come join, i f i dont see oyu, ill wait for your race to finish.

kaori
5th September 2008, 09:03 PM
ok, in three minutes we will be in the channel, we'll wait you

bothamliam
5th September 2008, 09:05 PM
ok thanks very much. Im in english if that helps...if you are somewhere else ill come join you tthere.

OK, joined, thanks =P

GAAH, dc'd gimme me 10 secs, ill be there!

*WORD I CANNOT SAY*

hehe, you guys are pretty good ^_^
I have a few connection issues as in i dc every now and again, but i will always jojn the next game unless i state otherwise here.

Urgh, anotehr error. Sorry brb, fort gale's one of my fave tracks too =[

leungbok
5th September 2008, 10:24 PM
Another great fight on tonight's races. With the tough guys, Mad-ice, Kaori714, Bothamliam, Ago2, and Packetmon at the last race. thanks again mates :beer:beer

KIGO1987
6th September 2008, 01:00 AM
****, ****, ****, ****!:brickwall Ive missed out on some more good races. My net was being a bit of a bitch for some reason.. Everything was slowing down to dialup speed for some reason. I was trying to get online with the PSP and the server wouldnt connect.

I need to be a bit more involved in online races, or ill loose my top 30 ranking position. Right, any high speed phantom races or tournaments planned for this weekend?

bothamliam
6th September 2008, 09:43 AM
I'm up for one if you all want. I love racing online, im practicing on my "not so good" courses atm =P

stin
6th September 2008, 10:56 AM
I will be online within a hour if they want to play with me?

bothamliam
6th September 2008, 11:52 AM
sure, ill play.

YAY i dc'd already. Ill join next race..

KIGO1987
6th September 2008, 12:03 PM
Ill join you online Stevie as soon as i find out what the **** is happening to my net connection. Its dropped to dial speed, either some **** next door has found away through the security of my wireless or the provider is being a **** and a half again.. i dont want to miss out any more killer online races. Now the transfer rate has dropped to 4kbs, now getting seriously pissed now:mad::bomb

bothamliam
6th September 2008, 12:34 PM
Kigo, try logging into your router and changing the security code. Alternatively, check your pc, AntiVirus Scanners, Downlados, Uploads, they all slow down your connection.

If none of that helps, jsut ring your ISP adn ask them whats going on.

stin
6th September 2008, 01:08 PM
Jame-sp, you seems has alot of weapons against me!!!!:robot but I will be back when I`m ready for the next online if I have time!:paperbag:

James_sp
6th September 2008, 01:22 PM
hahaha, the only reason for that is there is only you and me, all weapons i get are for you, heheheh :p

looking forward to the next online with you and more people to shoot at. :pirate

stin
6th September 2008, 01:59 PM
Oh yes we will ;)

Anyway, I gotta take a break the now.

Thank you for racing James!, you is a fine pilot!:clap

cnmth
8th September 2008, 10:46 PM
Good races kaori, leungbok and triple lei,

Fort gale white was really close ;)
Gotta go now, cya later !

------------------------------------------

gg's packetmon, had 2 go zzz cause it was 4 am already : )

KIGO1987
9th September 2008, 01:26 PM
Anyone up for some online races now? im on right now.

Join if you wish.

========================================

Great online racing Rapier and Xtriko good to have some true online races..

Later

Interesting races James_sp, djmanic and Leungbok. Very fast your Goteki ship was flying today Leungbok.. I should change back to that ship in the Phantom races to gain more speed. Looking forward for more online races. Had connection troubles with the PSP all night, eventually it was disconnected.

leungbok
9th September 2008, 06:35 PM
Hey Kigo, what happened on outpost ? Another connect problem ?
It's sad, the races with you and James-sp were great, as usual :beer

James_sp
9th September 2008, 06:49 PM
i have to leave, thanks leungbok, and congrats for your flash racings, you are improving a lot with the time.
also thanks to kigo and djmaniac, cool races, see you soon!

INFAXSU
10th September 2008, 09:21 AM
Any top 30 ranked pilots racing online today? I need to improve my rank, i'm stuck at 37. I've raced an elite pilot named KARMANEO and despite winning many consecutive races, my score probably won`t advance cuz he's not in the wipeout-game.com database.

trentdf
10th September 2008, 09:53 AM
i think youhave to be on the wipeout-game database to race, don't you? i reckon he's not there cause the site has screwed up big time, i know cause i checked your rank after i raced you once, and you weren't there. That site has some major probs...:frown:

KIGO1987
10th September 2008, 09:53 AM
believe me INFAXSU the Ranking system is void beyond repair since some people like to use MODS and CFW when online racing againest other pilots. Cheating shits... Im 29th and i think i might just leave it at that because i know that the ranking system is complete BS.. I might race you later if i have time INFAXSU.

Hopefully there will be no bugs, MODS and CFW add ons in Wipeout HD.. Then we'll see the true top ranking pilots come onto the the top 30 list..

Asayyeah
10th September 2008, 02:00 PM
The top 30 won't show any major difference i bet ( except new amazing pilots unknown till now), only depending on practice time you can put on Wipeout HD. ( someone who has a job and/or a familie to take care will struggle to play compare to a 'lonely wolf' :D )

I sincerely hope the ranking won't give an extra prime just because people spend 5 hours per day online, no matter if they are winning or loosing ( a bit like pulse :( )

Chill
11th September 2008, 03:51 AM
Well I'm online for the first time in USA... tournament name VHX1138... if anyones can try not to leave me hangin' before I give up haha...

woops redo haha

Alright got my ass kicked but it was fun! First time for online, raced with "Infaxsu" and "Karmaned"... they kicked my ass but I enjoyed it... now back to practicing haha, I'm still in the process of playing the regular game...

You kicked my ass Infaxsu... good job... I will practice and put up a better competition next time!

bothamliam
11th September 2008, 05:52 PM
Is there a Lauviah here?
---
Hey guys, im gonna be hosting in about an hour. Phantom, no weapons. Server: Europe, Channel: English, Game: Liambotham.

If you wanna race come along.

EDIT: SO sorry for the double post, my pc said it had a server error and the message didnt appear.

andy
11th September 2008, 07:12 PM
im on right now, anyone wanna race?

bothamliam
11th September 2008, 07:20 PM
sure :D

Host a game and wait for me, my online name is Liambotham. Ill be there in 4 mins or so.

andy
11th September 2008, 07:21 PM
okie dokie, got one up now

bothamliam
11th September 2008, 07:23 PM
foden44?

WOO great race :D

andy
11th September 2008, 07:27 PM
that was pretty close xD nice race, what do you wanna race on next?

bothamliam
11th September 2008, 07:28 PM
erm, im gonna be 5 mins, gotta do somethign, do a race without me.

Erm, make that 10, i gotta wash dishes...damn mum.

andy
11th September 2008, 07:36 PM
uhoh, i "failed to choose a ship in time" on a race i was hosting?

bothamliam
11th September 2008, 07:39 PM
LOL, anyway im back now dude. Ill join your next race.

I dont see any games made by you =[

andy
11th September 2008, 07:44 PM
i almost got in =|

bothamliam
11th September 2008, 07:45 PM
I'll host if you join.

OOH close race, where next? btw, <3 Goteki

ooh, lots of poeple now

Anotehr great race ^^

andy
11th September 2008, 07:55 PM
i wouldve had a chance if i didnt fly off the track on the first bend xD, yeah nice race, how about that snow one

WOOOO i won one :D

bothamliam
11th September 2008, 07:58 PM
...that "snow one" is the ONLY track i cant do. i will do ANY track but that one. ANY one at all.

adn yeah, good race =P i slammed into the wall a few too many times, still not even .5 of a second between us =P

leave a message with the next track, if i dont see a message, ill just choose one