PDA

View Full Version : Online Meetings, Pulse

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Alucioj
25th January 2008, 11:47 PM
Yep me too with that race, it just froze for me. I was hosting too because the original owner had quit so had set it to a tournie but the settings didnt take. I swear Wipeout Pulses' servers tonight are majorally buggy!!!

Ash-Omen
26th January 2008, 01:13 AM
:+ Cheers Frances for lots and lots of races and cheers for not dc'ing lol, ive had alot of ppl dc on me lately :mad:

Asayyeah
26th January 2008, 01:50 AM
My 1st real night online at home !! and it's a success : ohhh thx you everybody to raced me tonight : mostly WZ members & friends
I will tell you more later how i did to succeed connecting but now i am busy with Frances & jorgeX into a rapier tourney!!

** end of it a sec ago **

Alucioj
26th January 2008, 01:52 AM
Tried for 4 races and every time it finished the countdown itd seem to just stay on the player list screen so Id quit after a while.

A couple of races with zargz worked but it seems a real hassel to get the races to take. Im going to reset my router to see if that makes a difference but Im highly doubtful, pretty sure its the servers on wipeouts end the fact other people are suffering too.

Asayyeah
26th January 2008, 02:07 AM
last tour for me Frances :)
26/26 eachothers on the last deciding track :)
Good luck and catch you later on

QirexAAX
26th January 2008, 02:12 AM
Oh, I didn't even notice who won, I was concentrating so hard on not coming last...

And I didn't! Hooray!

zargz
26th January 2008, 02:14 AM
thanx aax, t-rex and alucioj from here and OspikeO from .. there :D

Frances_Penfold
26th January 2008, 02:17 AM
Thanks Ash-Owen and Asayyeah and JorgeX for the great races tonight :)

You guys are really, really good-- fun to have some super-challenging opponents to go up against!

Hope to see you around again soon!

Also-- my wife wants to know what the hell you guys are doing up so late at night! She pointed out that it's like 3AM your time-- and hell, I'm winding down for the evening here way over in New York state ;)

zargz
26th January 2008, 02:22 AM
atm here it's 4.20 am :eek

but still racing

:rock

T-Rex29
26th January 2008, 02:25 AM
Frances, it's 4 Am :lol. we are crazy. I had the same bug in the race with Asayeah. Thank you all, thanks Zargz, very good races, very good fun.:+

QirexAAX
26th January 2008, 02:29 AM
4? Do time zones go in half-hours somewhere?

Amaru
26th January 2008, 02:38 AM
4AM for me too but since I didn't really get time to play Pulse in almost two weeks it was worth the evening. :P Thanks for tonight's great races. :3 I still am not ready for Rapier but I love trying to keep up with the pack and race by race reducing my distance from you veterans. :P

As a side note I now play Pulse from a Felicia Blue (PSP-2000FB) so I'm learning my EG.X physics and aerodynamics again. XD The directional pad however now feels somewhat as user friendly as the analog nub so I'm mainly relying on it untill I "break in" the fresh analog nub. :P

No feeling of sluggish server tonight for my part but I only did a couple of tournaments with you so I couldn't tell. =^.^;=

QirexAAX
26th January 2008, 02:41 AM
Ok, what's going on? I've seen 4 people tonight using nothing but the AG-Sys zone ship. Is that because they think somehow people might not notice they're piloting AG-Sys?

Ok, that's it for me, I've got to turn in. Thanks all and good night.

BARTgai
26th January 2008, 03:08 AM
some good races with zargz and QirexAAX :)

that was so cheap how on Moa Therma black, GOD_of_LORD friggin got a 1000 km/h speed bost and was ahead of everyone about 2 miles.

Frances_Penfold
26th January 2008, 04:05 AM
Frances, it's 4 Am... we are crazy.

Heh, now my wife wants to know if you guys are married :lol

Well, I'm very glad you guys like to stay up late playing Wipeout because it provides us North Americans with great match-ups!

Alucioj
26th January 2008, 04:33 AM
some good races with zargz and QirexAAX :)

that was so cheap how on Moa Therma black, GOD_of_LORD friggin got a 1000 km/h speed bost and was ahead of everyone about 2 miles.

hahaa got to race against the cheat GOD_of_LORD tonight, totally pointless him entering in races to be brutally honest.

Couldnt stop laughing when zargz removed weapons from a race as soon as GOD_of_LORD joined, classic moment!

Thanks to zargz, Frances_Penfold, BARTGai, T-Rex29, SalieriAAX & anyone else from WOZ that I raced against hope I gave enough of a challenge even if it was very remote!!!

@Frances nah Im single at the moment, I cant see any prospective girlfriend accepting my WP habit though :p

On a side note managed to get rid of that bug where the race list screen stayed and eventually I got kicked out of the race as the race had loaded/started without me.

I reset my modem and waited longer after the countdown had finished and that seemed to work. I still think WP servers had been buggy but I'll try the modem reset if I come across it again; seemed to help.

Task
26th January 2008, 04:45 AM
4? Do time zones go in half-hours somewhere?8 ) Yes, yes they do.

Newfoundland, India, Iran, Afghanistan, Venezuela, Burma, the Marquesas, as well as parts of Australia use half-hour deviations from standard time.
When television shows are announced in Canada, you quite often get to hear "At 8-o-clock! 9-o-clock Eastern!" and sometimes you'll even hear "9:30 in Newfoundland". Which (among other things) lead to the hilarious joke of "2+2 is 4. 4-and-a-half in Newfoundland."
Check in next time and we'll explore more Crazy Canadiana! 8 D

zargz
26th January 2008, 07:23 PM
Medusa, I left the game just to come back so You can choose the tracks not to leave .. :?
but it was great racing you again - close race at platinum black! :eek

:) thanx!

------------

had a few with stardragon and some with alucioj.

cheers! :+

Alucioj
27th January 2008, 12:52 AM
Yup good races zargz, really enjoyable 1 vs 1.

Connection seemed better today for the servers, I only had the stalling once and I blame it on the guy hosting messing with the settings with 1 second to go.

Curious to see how everyone elses online games went? No stalling or crashes (the non in-game kind :P).

stin
27th January 2008, 11:22 AM
I did had problems last night while playing online then had a power cut!:- and I was struggling for my pc up and running but none works till this morning and everything went fine!:brickwall

Sorry about that guys!

stevie:)

Rapier Racer
27th January 2008, 11:35 AM
I was online last night for a good while and all was well :nod

Asayyeah
27th January 2008, 01:36 PM
All was well except for my racing skill :robot

Geez i mostly loose all of my races agaisnt the top guys :dizzy . Impressive DJManiac, RR, Sox and many other pilots i raced last night : congratulations to all of you :+

I finished the night around 2.30 with a good headache after being severly beaten by the fast flying dutchman aka Mauro-Maniac :g

Not that i like to be humiliated again but i am so happy to see i CAN play online now that i am going to fight again online this afternoon & evening :D I need to acquire experience :nod

Mad-Ice
27th January 2008, 06:17 PM
I am online now!! Waiting for some phantom races!:banzai See y'all there.

swift412
27th January 2008, 08:10 PM
Thanks for the races o3pcah, Ash, phl0w, kittun and zargz :)

Medusa
27th January 2008, 08:30 PM
Zargz, about yesterday...I had to go to work :( But oh well! Thanks for the races today! As well to all the other zoners I raced. Finally got to race Asa and borell again, first time since Pure!! Phew. Had to go back to rapier where I can manage a few curves without hitting walls. :g

Nice to race Ash-Omen finally, and swift412! Back to practicing again so I can try to keep up better next time!

TearsToShreds
27th January 2008, 09:58 PM
Hey guys, I'd love to join some games but a password is required... too bad I don't have the opportunity to chat with any of you. The one race I did get in was lotsa fun though. :)

Asayyeah
28th January 2008, 01:24 AM
I saw your name Medusa on one tour ;)

I also enjoyed a lot tonight racing a pretty incredible tour, with lot of WZ mates :)

Can't wait to tomorrow evening :)

Nighty everyone

RayLancer
28th January 2008, 03:47 AM
D'oh I keep missing all these online races. I just started recently hanging around the chatroom.

stin
28th January 2008, 08:14 AM
Yeah, I did enjoyed it last night and it`s a bloody war out there!:cold

Maybe tonight, depending what happening.

Rapier Racer
28th January 2008, 06:32 PM
Anyone online now?

Edit: LOL!! I wish I had a video of my last race, it was me against two randoms on Platinum rush Phantom, one died after 2 laps and I noticed the other guy had turned around and was trying to shoot at me when I came round the track, I decided to turn around myself and creep along slowly. Saw the guy waiting just after the really narrow bit with the walls coming in at either side of the track, armed with rockets I sneaked up behind him, 2 loud bangs later he was eliminated, and me amused, eh you didn't see that one coming did you, good times good times lol

CR4SH3D
28th January 2008, 10:42 PM
massive thanks to t-rex and oscillitron for some awesome races just then, was great fun!

not sure if t-rex is a member here but maybe ;P

//rapier racer
i MIGHT have been on there :P and died first, nice one though, very cunning plan lol

T-Rex29
29th January 2008, 01:43 AM
Hi CR4SH3D, many thanks for the races. Very good fun !:lol
Thanks also to Oscillitron.
Hope to see you online soon.

bloseth
29th January 2008, 06:39 AM
not sure if t-rex is a member here but maybe ;P
We've got a T-Rex29 on board...

NeXaR_QroN
29th January 2008, 02:51 PM
I don't know if you're a user here, Mikee74, but anyways: thanks for the good phantom races & tours yesterday. I did catch the "everlasting leech beam" bug from you once, but now I'm sure it must be a "bug" rather than a cheat.

@Ash-Omen: consider yourself warned, I'm getting used to the slim D-Pad faster than I thought... I'll catch you xDDDDD

zargz
29th January 2008, 04:17 PM
yoseep and thelostmind thanx for the races. now I have to go coz of SG-1 but I'll be back in 1 hr! 8)

--------------

sorry md_hay those races just wouldn't start :(

mdhay
29th January 2008, 05:46 PM
No worries, 25 disconnects means nothing to me.

CR4SH3D
29th January 2008, 05:50 PM
//trex
yeah man, hope to race again soon!

Rapier Racer
29th January 2008, 09:17 PM
Some fast racing tonight, wow this guy called FCK-CHEATERS is really fast. Well done whoever that is.

supersocks
29th January 2008, 09:49 PM
Does anyone know FCK-cheaters in person?

(I bet he's RR)

QirexAAX
30th January 2008, 12:01 AM
ZenDjinn - Nice AG-Sys skin you're racing in this evening :P

zargz
30th January 2008, 12:59 AM
aaarrggh! sorry aax - my psp died!

had it connected but not plugged in the wall :eek doh!

QirexAAX
30th January 2008, 01:04 AM
Well, mine's on its way out and if I have to go upstairs to get it I'll probably end up staying in bed, so I've only got a couple of races left in me tonight.

zargz
30th January 2008, 01:15 AM
good races :+
btw the pulse skin looks great!

QirexAAX
30th January 2008, 01:16 AM
Ah, well that's it, my battery's gone. Had some great races online tonight. I've discovered I do much better in smaller groups - crowds intimidate me, obviously ^_^

ZenDJiNN
30th January 2008, 02:24 AM
//QirexAAX - Indeed, it was created by someone on this very forum. :g I really love that skin, thanks so much for doing it. :clap

//zargz - dude, you're tooooo good for me. I'm not playing enough obviously, because i just kept running out of shield & exploding! :bomb Thanks for some good races though..... I still need a LOT more practice! :redface: :g

zargz
30th January 2008, 04:44 AM
nah, I got lucky with the weapons and aax kicked my sorry butt the last 4-5 games .. :?
the last 2-3 days I've been playing my guitar so no pulse for a few days and it really shows!
:eek

stin
30th January 2008, 07:12 AM
Some fast racing tonight, wow this guy called FCK-CHEATERS is really fast. Well done whoever that is.

Yeah, this guy is interesting and he is using Goteki45, so, any clues about this mystery guy is?

Had a good time last night and no online for me due Football is on tonight.

infoxicated
30th January 2008, 09:50 AM
Come on the 'Gers! :D

mdhay
30th January 2008, 03:30 PM
About to go online.

- Celtic's way better.

Rapier Racer
30th January 2008, 04:10 PM
Socks, I am not FCK-CHEATERS, ask stevie we were racing in the same tour with him. So to clarify that was

Stin_WZ
Rapier_Racer
FCK-CHEATERS

Essentially your suggesting I have 2 PSPs logged into the PSN at the same time and I'm actively racing 2 ships at once. Racing 2 ships at once is something I'd really like to claim I could do but sadly, I lack the required skill/fingers/eye etc. :p

As far as football goes NASCAR is better than Celtic and Rangers put together, neeeehhh

zargz
30th January 2008, 11:44 PM
hey guys, sometimes when I'm mod and leave the lobby it's just to let someone else decide the tracks.
so, if we are having some good races on hang in for a min to see if I'm back o'right?

I think it's a good idea coz naturally the mod puts the tracks he likes the best
some tracks that I never race other people like, then I'll have to learn them the hard way :eek

:) heh

thanx t-rex and ni2ro! :D

q_dmc12
31st January 2008, 12:55 AM
I do that as well but then everyone leaves:|

cigator
31st January 2008, 12:58 AM
It is 8:45 pm on the U.S. east coast. I went on-line and there are no games going on. I was wondering if the server was down, or if fewer people are racing on-line.

zargz
31st January 2008, 01:06 AM
well, now they might wait a bit before leaving :)

Vincent_VII
31st January 2008, 01:44 AM
Raced with FCK_Cheaters tonight. Good show, mate. Took me awhile to get warmed up but when I did it was a great race!

Yeah, this guy is interesting and he is using Goteki45, so, any clues about this mystery guy is?

Had a good time last night and no online for me due Football is on tonight.

Yeah, he is a very solid racer. He loves reverse quakes too. LOL

T-Rex29
31st January 2008, 01:47 AM
Thanks Zargz for the races. When you left, the guy who got the hand started immediately the same turnament... :(
Hey NI2RO some races very very close. Very good fun ! :p Thanks man.

Frances_Penfold
31st January 2008, 02:04 AM
hey guys, sometimes when I'm mod and leave the lobby it's just to let someone else decide the tracks.
so, if we are having some good races on hang in for a min to see if I'm back o'right?

I think it's a good idea coz naturally the mod puts the tracks he likes the best
some tracks that I never race other people like, then I'll have to learn them the hard way

I'll try to keep this in mind in the future-- and also notice when the baton is passed to me to select the actual tracks! The first time this happened (I think it was passed to me from phl0w) I just sat there like a moron, wondering why the race was taking so long to start :dizzy

It'd be nice if there was a "random" option that selected the tracks at random! Then the whole swapping thing wouldn't be necessary (or as necessary).

tapioca
31st January 2008, 08:40 AM
Where Is Everyone?

It is 8:45 pm on the U.S. east coast. I went on-line and there are no games going on. I was wondering if the server was down, or if fewer people are racing on-line.

Well, i guess there's only a few people playing Pulse from the US yet. And considering that it was 2.45 am here in Europe (what about Aussies ?), most of the players here might be at work or school.
You might also try this : press circle on the main Online menu to go back to the language selection screen. The number of games running is displayed (but not mentionned on the "join game" screen until they end)

You can also check this thread :
http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4363

zargz
31st January 2008, 10:16 AM
..I just sat there like a moron, wondering why the race was taking so long to start :dizzyhttp://geocities.com/zargz/leenden/lol.gif I remembere reading that.

actually I don't mind 'handling' the tracks but I think people can get tired of fort gale, basilico and moa black - my 3 favs atm :D

ZenDJiNN
31st January 2008, 12:31 PM
I never get tired of Moa Therma (Black or White). It's just brilliant, as is Fort Gale (Although that last double bend has taken me ages to get right) but Basilico just gets me every time. I don't think i've won a race (online) on Basilico yet. Great fun though! :g

Rapier Racer
31st January 2008, 01:56 PM
Hmm FCK-CHEATERS now does the back quake? He didn't do it in any of our races, I guess he got curious when I did to him.

infoxicated
31st January 2008, 02:07 PM
And so it spreads.

I notice how you commented about how the bomb is such an imbalanced weapon for the guy in the lead, Stephen, yet you don't make any complaints about how annoying it is for backmarkers when some willy-waver with a big lead can afford to turn around and use the Quake in that way.

NeXaR_QroN
31st January 2008, 02:19 PM
touché

Rapier Racer
31st January 2008, 02:33 PM
I think I can see the point your making here, if everyone started doing it things would get out hand? But then if you don't let someone get a huge lead in the first place then back quakes eliminated surly? If I'm that far ahead I feel I earned the lead and so, why should I not back quake? You said Del Stepho did it 3 times in one race?? OK that is taking the piss I do one if I got the chance and no more. It's not like I'm doing this in every race either its somewhat of a rare opportunity when it presents itself. Much rarer than the old timing out bomb lark, which constantly occurs

I'm also stuck in the mentality of "Other people are doing it to me I'll do it back"

NeXaR_QroN
31st January 2008, 02:38 PM
And then, that sentence from Gandhi:

"An eye for an eye, and soon we'll all be blind" (I think it's the correct translation)

Sorry, I just had to.

phl0w
31st January 2008, 02:55 PM
It'd be nice if there was a "random" option that selected the tracks at random!
I can't count the times I wished for that option. So many people just race Talon's and Moa over and over and over and... you get it. Also, when I host a race I always get the feeling that people might think I'd only choose the tracks I'm best at, while I actually put a lot of thought in my selection.
@Backquakes: I always thought that weapon pads have different probabilites what weapons they give away, depending on your position and the number of contenders. Maybe it's just my imagination, but it seems I hardly get Quakes when leading, but plenty when I'm chasing the pack. Speaking of unfair: There's really no need for the guy up front to get a Quake pick-up, or a ridiculous amount of Turbos.

Rapier Racer
31st January 2008, 03:00 PM
So your suggesting the weapon pads should not spit out random pickups, you want a catch-up style system?

phl0w
31st January 2008, 03:23 PM
They should, what I'd like to know though is, if there are different probabilities what pickup they spit out.

CR4SH3D
31st January 2008, 03:34 PM
i dont think a catch up system would work too well because youd get loads more turbos and be able to catch up pilots much better than yourself if theres enough striaght sections

i never seem to pick up what i need when i need it, but then again i miss most of the pads :P

zargz
31st January 2008, 05:43 PM
stuck in the lobby again :bomb

will try again later tonight

:?

Lion
31st January 2008, 05:48 PM
I've won races because I got lucky and had 2 laps of nothing but turbos and mines, and I've lost races where I've picked up nothing but bombs, mines and shields when middle to rear of the pack
it just goes with the game. There's a set probability of each weapon, so I just accept that "**** happens" and move on :)

my favourite thing about backquakes is when fate has smiled, so you have a shield ready. you can get through the quake with minimum impact and gain some serious ground on the leader.
I've had a couple of really close finishes thanks to people backquaking near the end of the last lap, then catching them as they turn back around

Medusa
31st January 2008, 08:18 PM
I've nothing against backquakes. If I'm so slow I let the leader have time to turn around and fire one off, then I need to practice more. And as was mentioned, it gives you a great chance to catch up sometimes. Particularly if you've got a shield and then pick up a quake to toss back.8) I love the "riding the wave" feel to going over a backquake.

And I think whatever randomness there is to Pulse's weapon pick-up is absolute crap. I picked up 3 quakes in a row online last night. I don't recall that type of "randomness" happening in any of the other wipeouts. Anyone else?

lunar
31st January 2008, 09:36 PM
I always felt with Pure online that pick ups were not completely random, and that there were probabilities attached to weapons pick-ups, depending on your situation in the race relative to the other ships. I could describe some situations that I feel make you more likely to get certain pick ups. On the other hand, we often see patterns where none exist so it could have been paranoid insanity caused by late night Kai action. I haven`t played enough Pulse to get that feeling.

As for back-quakes, I think they`re valid if you need to kill the other guy to win the tour, and occasionally they`re fine for a laugh or to make a point ;), but I believe in moderation and when people get more interested in blasting than racing it gets tiresome. The racers behind may be in a good fight for second, or just trying to improve their play, and a back-quake screws it up for them. Also if you beat someone because they turned and quaked you, which happens often enough, it feels kind of cheap; especially when you thought you might catch them anyway. I kind of think that in a racing game everyone should race to win, and win as fast as possible (didn`t Pascale Rouser say something similar), and when the play loses sight of that I don`t really enjoy it.

zargz
1st February 2008, 12:34 AM
congrats xuzen!

energy low on the last race? :D

ZenDJiNN
1st February 2008, 02:00 AM
LOL!! Thanks zargz - That was one of the best Tourneys i've had fro ages. :) Shame that all the others DC'd..... Last race one of the children woke up just as i was about to finish, and as you'd already pretty much won i put the PSP down & went to see what she wanted.

I wanted to stay around for another set of races as well, but had to get some work done. Hopefully we'll get the chance to do that again sometime..... but i'll have to polish up my Arc Prime Black i think! :g

Lion
1st February 2008, 11:38 AM
if you beat someone because they turned and quaked you, which happens often enough, it feels kind of cheapI don't find that at all, to backquake is the action of a showboater, so if I sneak past and gain a victorym I think "haha, serves you right"
I've tried to deal out backquakes before and been passed too.. and my thoughts are "oh well, that'll teach me for getting cocky"
so basically I disagree strongly with your point :)

lunar
1st February 2008, 12:02 PM
I think you`re probably right to disagree with me ;) If somebody BQs you, let `em have it! I think also that your "c`est la vie" attitude to weapons pick ups is admirable. Whatever the system, we just have to get on with cards we`re dealt. :)

Frances_Penfold
1st February 2008, 12:34 PM
I always thought that weapon pads have different probabilites what weapons they give away, depending on your position and the number of contenders.

I have wondered this as well-- it's clearly not such a conspicuous system as in Mario Kart (first place always gets weak pickups), but it seems possibly non-random to me.

Maybe sometime we could do some statistical tests with online races between WOZ members. Or maybe the good people of Studio Liverpool could simply tell us how the pick-up system works 8)

Vincent_VII
1st February 2008, 01:36 PM
I have noticed that in AI and online matches I almost always pick up shields or turbos while in the lead. If I am dead last and far behind, I usually get shields and turbos. When close behind the leader I usually pick up missles or leach beams. When in the middle of the pack I almost always pick up rockets, mines or bombs. Quakes seem totally random.

There is slight randomness to pickups but.... not. Very rarely am I surprised by what I pick up. If I need a turbo, that is usually what I get. If I am in a situation where I need a missle, I usually pick one up. Usually being maybe 8 out of 10 times.

Rapier Racer
1st February 2008, 02:38 PM
Hmm this is an interesting question. I believe theres a probability system and its not as random as we think, the sheer number of Turbos the game spits out should be proof enough, when was the last time you got 2 quakes a lap from the same 2 pads for 3 laps? All those turbos allowed me to close down what was a huge lead I don't remember the opponent just the 'Where the hell did you come from!' afterwards.

NeXaR_QroN
1st February 2008, 03:17 PM
Just to say thanks to Ash-Omen and Kandang for some good phantom races. But you two are way above me...

Oh and, Kandang...

STOP DROPPING MINES ALREADY :D:D

KANDANG
1st February 2008, 03:36 PM
actually i prefer to play with weapons off :|

tough to catch up if u get bombed at start
bombed + mines/missiles at start and you can kiss the game goodbye

zargz
1st February 2008, 06:09 PM
yeh, that's annoying, especially with an equally skilled opponent.
but hey, it's the same for all.

stin
1st February 2008, 10:05 PM
I had a great time tonight and I would love to stay a bit longer but I can`t!

Too many players to name! but these guys are pros!:clap

Thank you for playing....

stevie:sonar

Frances_Penfold
2nd February 2008, 02:08 PM
Haven't been online in the past couple of days-- too much work and time trial racing-- but I hope to be around over the weekend. Hope to see some of y'all then :)

Hmm this is an interesting question. I believe theres a probability system and its not as random as we think, the sheer number of Turbos the game spits out should be proof enough, when was the last time you got 2 quakes a lap from the same 2 pads for 3 laps? All those turbos allowed me to close down what was a huge lead I don't remember the opponent just the 'Where the hell did you come from!' afterwards.

I suppose there are two issues:

1. Are there equal probabilities of getting each of the types of power-ups?

2. Do the probability distributions change depending on your current position in the race?

Based on the responses in this thread-- and also my own experience-- the answer to question number 1 is almost surely "YES"

The answer to number 2 is less certain, I suspect-- but could be resolved with some testing.

Possible simple testing... two WOZ pilots go online and initiate two player matches, deciding in advance who will be the "leader" and the "follower"-- and simply tally the pickups they get in their respective positions.

Testing for more subtle effects (top vs. intermediate vs. bottom positions, for example) could get really complicated though.

zargz
2nd February 2008, 02:48 PM
sleh unleashed! 8)
Good races yesterday, bazounga! :+

2. Do the probability distributions change depending on your current position in the race?Just now I had a 2-3 sec lead but still got lots of turbos so I don't think so.

Asayyeah
2nd February 2008, 04:35 PM
i want to thx my dear mates from the zone and also other unknown pilots to me for the fantastic night i spent racing various tours or SR, during the night i saw 31 people connected which was a good number for having different style of opponents.
i ll be online around midnight CET till late for sure :banzai

zargz
2nd February 2008, 04:50 PM
frances, tom and instananeusJ - awseome races !!! :eek

---------

frances, the tour you made after the 'epic' one was 3/4 not my favs .. hehe
but that's why we change the 'hand', right? ;)

-----------

the second one too..
but that's good thing coz then I'll have to pectice them all 8)

----------

how about that fck-cheater guy?
tough one! :nod

Tomahawk
2nd February 2008, 05:55 PM
Indeed zargz, nice races, thanks everybody! But why bloody hell did you have to put outpost 7 black as the last track of our tour? :cold Why not something more finger-friendly like tech de ra or de konstrukt...

zargz
2nd February 2008, 06:55 PM
i thought it was a good track if we are even when we get there.
to be honest I thought I'd be dead last on O7 :eek
obviously none of us had practiced that one a lot, i was lucky coz i got 2 ap for the S-es.

// stardragon

Finally a win against you!

Ya-taa!! :D

sleh
2nd February 2008, 07:47 PM
sleh unleashed! 8)
Good races yesterday, bazounga! :+

Very funny ! you still the best on flash :clap
---
I really took good time last night, especially with zargz ("grand master flash")and medusa.
I tried toplay phantom class with stin, asa, rr, sox, and ...new players, but i was very very far... however, it was a pleasure to "see" again my old "kai" friends !

zargz
2nd February 2008, 07:59 PM
Very funny ! you still the best on flash :clap

oh-la-la! I wish!
only today I was owned by several people amongst them stardragon.

Medusa
2nd February 2008, 09:35 PM
I was in a tour with zargz just now and experienced lunar's problem - "wrong way" and "everlasting leech beam" through all of Plat. Rush Black. Two players were racing under my tag. That race I managed to win despite that :blarg:blarg then came tech de ra, same thing kept happening and then, my screen whited out totally and froze my psp. Had to disconnect.

What the?? Zargz did you have anything odd happen afterwards?

Frances_Penfold
2nd February 2008, 10:06 PM
Hey Zargz, and Tomahawk-Tomato-Joe, and Ash-Owen, and other folks-- great races earlier today-- thanks!

And yes, it's great to meet FCK-cheaters in person.

There were a couple other wipers that passed through our games, some quite good-- not sure if they are WOZ'ers that I don't know, or if I'm just not familiar with their tags :?

Is the rJ-<some number> wiper our own RJ O'Connell?

zargz
2nd February 2008, 10:28 PM
I was wondering that too ..

// medusa

yeh, there were 2 kiTTun and not only the name but two Ships!!! :eek
the first race that you won was kittun first AND second place!
I was 3rd :?
I'm not sure but for now I'll blame it on the idiots that leave the game when the countdown has started :bomb

ZenDJiNN
3rd February 2008, 12:23 PM
// supersox - apologies for not carrying on with the tourney last night, lost my connection just before the end of the tourney and decided to call it a night. :)

On another note, i had a really weird experience when racing last night. It only happened once, but i was in a single race with a couple of other racers (Whose names a can't remember but i don't think they're Zoners) and we were on Moa White.

The race started and almost immediately strange things started to happen. My ship began to do some strange stuff, warping/pulsing backwards & forwards, much like the effect that you sometimes get when using the "Disruptor Bolt" in Pure. :g ...... Then, as if that wasn't bad enough, another ship pulled into my view, and it was ME!!! There were now 2 of me on the screen....!! WTF!!?

Anyway, I quite the race, and carried on in other races without incident. In hindsight i kind of wish that i had carried on to see what else may have happened, and if it happens again then i'll do just that.

Anyone else here experienced that at all?

Tomahawk
3rd February 2008, 12:46 PM
The only thing that happened to me was the bug Medusa already described in her earlier post: Loosing energy throughout the whole race and getting the "wrong way" message all of the time. The message apperaed even when I turned my ship around in that particular race and flew a backwards for almost a full lap. Happened only once to me until today,though.
What I did experience in last nights' races a few times was that the game suddenly froze completely at sometime during a race and after 1 second everything was ok again and I could carry on with my racing. Weird stuff. I also met GOD_OF_LORD and his everlasting turbo boost in one of my races about 2 months ago, but as we all know that is no bug...

Btw. does anybody know a player called "HorstFeratu"? I played against him online a few races last night and he's pretty fast (without using any cheats).

zargz
3rd February 2008, 03:39 PM
yeh, I met him several times - he's a good sport afaik :+

Ash-Omen
3rd February 2008, 06:44 PM
Hey Zargz, and Tomahawk-Tomato-Joe, and Ash-Owen, and other folks-- great races earlier today-- thanks!

And yes, it's great to meet FCK-cheaters in person.

There were a couple other wipers that passed through our games, some quite good-- not sure if they are WOZ'ers that I don't know, or if I'm just not familiar with their tags :?

Is the rJ-<some number> wiper our own RJ O'Connell?

lol its Ash-O(m)en lol 2nd time ive seen that typo anway nice races none the less

Tomahawk
3rd February 2008, 07:35 PM
Sorry op3rah for dropping out of the 2 races today. I don't know what happened, but it seems I had some network problems... I sure hope it'll work next time!

Medusa
4th February 2008, 06:10 PM
Thanks borell for the great tours today!! Much fun. I've raced ElevenGGex before but I don't remember - does he always use Feisar? I thought he was racing Piranha earlier in the "season", lol...Anyways he was pretty fast today, except when he was eliminated, gotta love Basilico white for cleaning out the extra ships.:clap

I don't remember when I've looked back on the starting grid and seen so many AG-SYS behind me...

mdhay
4th February 2008, 06:19 PM
Just had a Vertica race with a barbie_iso, I lapped 'em then they quit! >_<

Mad-Ice
5th February 2008, 11:00 AM
Yesterday evening I had some serious tough races with Supersox, Rapier Racer, Eleven-GG-EX and later on Borell. Thanks guys.

I think Supersox is playing every day. Man you were fast yesterday. In the beginning I went like the first part of my name: MAD!!!

I had to pull out everything I got to keep up. I had also no luck with picking up weapons and stuff. GGggrrr. But I hung on and got warmed up. Finally after a few tours I felt like the last part of my name: ICE!!!

I was finally cooled down and had really fighty tours which I enjoyed a lot!!!

T-Rex29
5th February 2008, 11:26 AM
Hi Zargz , excellent ! Thanks. Bill 29 must go at school. See you online later.:+

zargz
5th February 2008, 12:33 PM
o'right! so that's your kid? I thought it was someone who was 29 :D
man, he is a good racer! :nod

--------

thanx to TearsToShreads, not on the boards but may be soon 8)
Good races today .. you still won 80% of them but very close and exiting racing! :+

TearsToShreds
5th February 2008, 12:37 PM
Awesome racing just a while ago, zargz. I'm Tearstoshreds. You sure are a challenge in Flash! \m/

zargz
5th February 2008, 12:43 PM
o i c That's you!! :D

yeh, awesome races and thanx for letting me choose the trax after a while :p

it's good if you fill in your personal info so we can see your ID online
on the top right when you post incase you have different nick here and online .. this is mine:

PSN ID: zargz

;)

TearsToShreds
5th February 2008, 12:47 PM
Yes, I just did. :) Think I'll join the Assegai bandwagon after today's races. Hope to see you online again soon.

zargz
5th February 2008, 12:51 PM
yes I notice the change of heart and it did work for you 8)
especially on moa B where it's essential to get the first 3 weapon pads!
so does this mean you'll have to do some new black and red skins !? http://www.geocities.com/zargz/leenden/lol.gif

TearsToShreds
5th February 2008, 01:02 PM
I was racing a red and blue Red Bull Piranha, but yes, this change of heart will recquire an Assegai skin! :D

stin
5th February 2008, 06:17 PM
Mr. Borell, alot of good races there but I was in my bath at the time while playing!;)

Unfortunately, my psp went frozed!:bomb and can`t restart.

More online to come.

q_dmc12
5th February 2008, 09:44 PM
not again!??:blarg

borell
5th February 2008, 10:07 PM
Stevie! So that's what happened... lol

Well, being in the bath or not... you are a great pilot. :clap

Oh, and thanks to Medusa for some great races yesterday (or was it the day before... :dizzy).

DjManiac21
7th February 2008, 06:23 PM
I'm online now, created a room with Vostok Reef, see if any of you guys that don't have the pack can join...

Sausehuhn
7th February 2008, 06:26 PM
"The host has changed the settings and has picked content you do not have. Please choose another game."

DjManiac21
7th February 2008, 06:33 PM
Really?
Oh man...
This sucks... Can't even use Mirage...
This will certainly decrease the amount of online gamers, being in a room and getting kicked out for not having the packs will piss a lot of people off...

I'll do that, I'll chose another game.
*Goes to the shelf and picks up DjMax Portable 2, throws Pulse's UMD away*

kekken3
8th February 2008, 03:19 AM
Really?
*Goes to the shelf and picks up DjMax Portable 2, throws Pulse's UMD away*
ot:
At least you've chosen the best PSP game ever. :clap

*Goes back to being sad about unfortunate content decisions and their consequences... :(
*Starts Rolling On The Duck. :hyper

Intera
8th February 2008, 11:40 AM
Let me know if/when you guys are meeting, I love the game online but im finding it hard to find ppl to play with.

Username is Collymilad in pulse.

Roz
8th February 2008, 11:42 AM
"The host has changed the settings and has picked content you do not have. Please choose another game."

That is so sad...

zargz
8th February 2008, 12:57 PM
wasn't it the same with pure?
you don't have the dl pack - you can't play.
what's the big deal?
yeh, yeh, you have to pay, so?
pay!

geez!

Asayyeah
8th February 2008, 05:12 PM
Bazunga & me will fight tonight , he is coming to visit me at home : so let's have fun despite of those hard time for a wipeout fan we are spending atm :|

zargz
8th February 2008, 11:37 PM
hey sleh, great races again! that stropereor guy is pretty good, huh? :eek
please add me to your msn or take me out of your ignore list,
just incase somebody asked you to put me there
coz you are on my list but I can never see you online :?
you are a great sport! :+
see you on the track!

btw, why did you change to piranha?

phl0w
8th February 2008, 11:44 PM
zargz are you still online? I'm about to connect right now.

Asayyeah
9th February 2008, 01:11 AM
Great online races tonight, thx to Stin, Dj maniac, Chrono, Alterego, Jabberjaw, Supersox, gienia and multiple other wipers fightin around : truly a great experience , i am finishing atm with Al & Sox : ouch i took feisar on metropia, wish me good luck :D

Edit
feisar : 1
Goteki : 0
Ag : 0

:P

orgy
9th February 2008, 07:36 AM
sorry Asayyeah, i (o3pcah) got disconnected somehow while racing you on tech de ra :(. and i was so close behind you and suddenly it said "lost connection to the server" although my internet connection worked fine, might be that the wlan connection got screwed.

anyway i hope i can race you again some time, your damn good!

supersocks
9th February 2008, 09:05 AM
Somebody please take JABBERJAW to a doctor, he has very serious Metropia White -addiction which is not healthy... to anyone. :P

stin
9th February 2008, 09:16 AM
hey sleh, great races again!

Pavel, Sleh, do rarely put his msn on but most majority, he goes to Arnaud`s house nearly every week. ;)

Anyway, really had a great time last night with these lunatic players! but, some tracks which I`m so glad I beat ASA and DjManiac:p

zargz
9th February 2008, 09:23 AM
congrats stevie! I'll try to race you today - on flash or may be rapier so you don't fall asleep! 8)

stin
9th February 2008, 09:25 AM
Yeah, I`m ready whenever you are and put msn on por favor!

zargz
9th February 2008, 09:35 AM
si, señor! ;)

DjManiac21
9th February 2008, 09:41 AM
Awesome races!
Thanks asa, alter, stin, chrono... that was some fast racing yesterday :D

Good practice because we are heading to Mad's house today :cowboy

sleh
9th February 2008, 10:45 AM
hey sleh, great races again! that stropereor guy is pretty good, huh? :eek
just incase somebody asked you to put me there
coz you are on my list but I can never see you online :?
you are a great sport! :+
see you on the track!

btw, why did you change to piranha?

hi zargz,
yes, stropereor is fast(er than you ?). you're on my msn, but i don't speak to people i kill :p. NOOOOOOOO, as stin said, i was at asa's home.
and yes, i'm now play with piranha.
i really enjoyed play yesterday with you and all the player i met online. :clap

zargz
9th February 2008, 12:33 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! it was YOU!!! :bomb
next time I'll let you go infront of me.
:p

what else can I expect from a killer like you?
I see on the kai vdos you even kill asa twice in one day!!!
:D hehe!

Asayyeah
9th February 2008, 12:33 PM
sorry Asayyeah, i (o3pcah) got disconnected somehow while racing you on tech de ra :(. and i was so close behind you !
No worries Orgy we gonna race soon
you already into my top-pilots list :clap

Somebody please take JABBERJAW to a doctor, he has very serious Metropia White -addiction which is not healthy... to anyone. :P
ahahaha well said , yeah tourney 4 races of Metropia white this is obviously abnormal, Doctor Asa will try to cure him in April ;)

Anyway, really had a great time last night with these lunatic players! but, some tracks which I`m so glad I beat ASA and DjManiac
Veni vidi vici
He came, he saw , he wan
1st race for you and you beat everyone on that 8 people De Konstruct race : congrats :clap

Good practice because we are heading to Mad's house today :cowboy
Tell me at what time do you go to Mad's house , ill make my best to fight you guys! open msn ;)

TearsToShreds
9th February 2008, 02:18 PM
Nice racing again today, zargz. Sorry to be quitting this early but my hangover is killing me. (my fiancees birthday was yesterday... ;))

zargz
9th February 2008, 03:46 PM
yeh, good weapons off racing.
I have to get more cosistent with good laps hough.

P52Smith
10th February 2008, 03:21 PM
I raced KANDANG yesterday on Moa Therma Black and his FEISAR was about 5-7 secs ahead of my Piranha despite a turbo and no interference from the other 2 wipers.

Good race though!

Ash-Omen
10th February 2008, 08:19 PM
Thanks Swift for some Funny races.

good phantom races and our experiment went well and its proven that if u host a venom game PLAYERS WILL COME!! lol we 1st played phantom and hardly anyone came so we i switched too venom and in less than 1 min we had 8 players then i quickly chose Outpost black and put on phantom :g and after that some funny venom slow mo races

swift412
10th February 2008, 08:22 PM
I am at a loss of words to understand how people can race on Venom. Hell, if they got out and pushed they'de drive faster! Seriously, someone needs to kick them onto Zone and make them learn the hard way how to play :\

But yes, the latest tactic is to host a Venom game, then switch to Phantom at the last minute :P

Oh, and o3pcah, some WONDERFUL racing on your behalf there :) 5th place on Tech de Ra, Venom? =P

zargz
10th February 2008, 08:59 PM
that's a stupid prank.
nobody make you race venom so don't force people to race phantom :naughty
someone from woz (on irc, don't remember who but I did drop there and dropped him a line)
pulled that trick on me before and really pissed me off :mr-t

swift412
11th February 2008, 02:09 AM
Ei, they do that to me. I enter a Phantom race then wonder why I'm going to slow and see it's only 4 laps :(

Stardragon88
11th February 2008, 02:19 AM
I raced KANDANG yesterday on Moa Therma Black and his FEISAR was about 5-7 secs ahead of my Piranha despite a turbo and no interference from the other 2 wipers.

Good race though!

He's a very scary person to race against :+ Takes everything I got to keep him in my sights and one mistake and wooosh hes gone :g

Alucioj
11th February 2008, 06:11 PM
Really frustrating when a game claims to have started without you yet you were sitting in the player screen at the start....

P52Smith
11th February 2008, 06:28 PM
I often start the game, then when the timer hits between 2 to 5, someone joins, or someone leaves, very annoying.

Also, people are always quitting on me in the middle of tournaments so that I can't finish it.
For example, a 6 race tournament on flash, 4 players (including me) by then start of the 4th race there will be 2 left, assuming we get to the 4th race at all

zargz
12th February 2008, 12:47 AM
race with people you know/recognise as no DCers from previous races online
or make sure there is at least one woz pilot - they won't DC .. in general ;)

Asayyeah
12th February 2008, 10:32 PM
i wasn't in the mood of racing but i spent one of my greatest night with pulse online.
Al motivated me to play for fun 2 of the 4 tracks from his April tourney in Usa : Metropia white ( remember Sox ? :D ) and Amphiseum white, i asked Stevie to join us and we started his dangerous tour 6 tracks ( 3 metro, 3 amphi)... 1st track big fight at 3 and Al didn't watched carefully his shield = BOOM at lap4 ! we did good racing , funnily enough i took Goteki and on those 2 tracks that ship is an ace ! I agree with RR & Sox : the flying Got' is the supership online :twisted : 2 big tours won !

I wanted to change from tracks and started a new set of tracks , Tears-of-shreds ( sorry for mispelling ) joined us : this pilot is very fast , i won the 1st tour at 4 tracks but he beat us on the last tour i created : congrats mate. :clap

Mad-Ice
13th February 2008, 06:53 AM
Lol, yeah another dutch pilot is coming up strong. His forum name is 'Muse' I think. He should also go to the European Wipeout Convention 2008! I hope to see you all this weekend online.

Greetz Mad-Ice

TearsToShreds
13th February 2008, 11:12 AM
Thanks guys. Had great fun racing yesterday. :) (Oh, and I most probably will be coming to the convention!)

Chrono
13th February 2008, 02:42 PM
I think tonight, I'll stay up late, slap a Phantom room up, and murder some of my US comrades. Maybe catch a couple game journalists cutting their teeth too. =p

supersocks
14th February 2008, 01:20 AM
Thanks Asa for interesting one lap race, 'Supreme G' for kicking everyone's bottom in O7, KANDANG for two nice starts, Frances_Penfold for keeping up and JABBERJAW for _few_ Metropias. :)

I'm sure there was someone I forgot...

Frances_Penfold
14th February 2008, 01:55 AM
Hi to Lunar and to Supersox and Jabberjaw for the fun flying to night :)

Sorry that I am so inexperienced with Phantom speeds-- I usually only race Flash and Rapier but am happy to join WOZ'ers at whatever speed they are playing.

Clearly, I need to practice Phantom more :eek

lunar
14th February 2008, 08:19 AM
Damn you Francis Penfold for that Arc Prime finish :naughty ;)

I did just the same thing to another WOZoner the race before, so what goes around comes around! Sorry I disapeared after that, had to go, and when I came back I think you were probably in a tour. I`m not Phantom-ready either, but getting better thanks to AG Sys on Rapier. :)

Medusa
14th February 2008, 05:48 PM
I am having absolutely horrendous luck lately connecting to games/hosting them. Probably 75% of the time I'm "left in the lobby" (if indeed the game actually starts when I'm hosting...).

Anyone else having this problem? If not I guess It's likely something with my network.

P52Smith
14th February 2008, 06:46 PM
I see mostly Assegais and AG-Systems whilst online but I always use a Piranha unless I meet the odd FEISAR, then I use Qirex because:
a:) It is faster
b:) I have a good skin

But I normally win anyway!!

Asayyeah
14th February 2008, 07:26 PM
Sorry Sox for not staying much longer but i was already racing for 3 hours last night and i needed my bed.
Again very interesting racing, i am amazed to see the skill-level of everyone which keeps increasing constantly : that is great

Tomahawk
14th February 2008, 07:34 PM
Thanks for the nice single races tonight q-dmc, technicolour and TRO2097 (I think that was your name). Good fun, great sport. :nod

stin
14th February 2008, 08:45 PM
Good races there tonight, but congrats to AmaZing to Medusa for beating ASA on Tech De Ra! :lol

Honestly, your game is actually improving and keep going! ;)

More to come tonight, hopefully.

stevie:g

TearsToShreds
14th February 2008, 09:36 PM
Good races once again, Asa! I started out kinda slow because I didnt have a proper warmup, plus I'd spent the day playing the original Wipeout. Hope to catch you online again tomorrow. :) Oh, and one more thing: Bombs on the Tech de Ra bridge are a nightmare! >_<

Asayyeah
14th February 2008, 09:37 PM
lol True , Medusa and you completely ruined my precious race ;)

Also thx to the Muse and Emwu23 for being fast and furious :)
I need to watch few stuff on TV with matey Stevie and we possibly go back online later

Edit a sec later : sorry for the bomb , yours from Amphiseum weren't bad too ;)

Kansas
15th February 2008, 12:15 AM
I finally got online... as Northern_Raven

and used my Cocibolca-themed Assegai

and I finished in second place on Moa Therma Black :D

lunar
15th February 2008, 01:12 AM
And guess who was first? ;) Sorry couldn`t resist. :paperbag

Your ship looks very very slick online, Kansas, look forward to racing you again.

btw did you find that race very laggy? My screen kept freezing for a second too. After a Phantom De Konstruct at 15fps with 1 freeze per lap I decided it was time to quit online. :dizzy

Asayyeah
15th February 2008, 01:16 AM
Welcome to the great online mode Kansas : silver on your 1st race that sounds promising!

We raced many SR tonight with Stevie , Emwu23 and Sox in phantom but i also played on slower class with various people which is always good to fight unknown skilled pilots.

Btw i liked the way Emwu hosted Vertica : he started with weapons on , immediately followed by weapons off where we were all close.
Hats off for Pavel who was the 1st to play weapons off :+

stin
15th February 2008, 07:49 AM
Yeah, it was interesting but, I`m not enjoying it because of my poor ability due too drunk to play! and I will cut down my drinking habits and concentrate on my racing.

Hopefully be online today or tonight but not for ASA cos, he is still in his bed!:sonar

stevie:D

mdhay
15th February 2008, 08:54 AM
Live for the moment, Stevie!:g

I'll be on in a few hours.

emwu23
15th February 2008, 12:08 PM
Thanks for great racing yesterday:Asa,Stin,Supersox.

Also thx to KiTTun and Muse and few others I dont remember.

Medusa
15th February 2008, 01:40 PM
LOL thanks all for the races, emwu, sox, asa, stin...I nearly had a heart attack on Tech de Ra! Only the second time I ever got ahead of you, asa! There was one time on Kai...flash...a long time ago.:sonar

Sorry q_dmc, I found your game just as my battery was getting low and I was getting locked in the lobby all the time.

P52Smith
15th February 2008, 03:31 PM
I'm on half term now so I'll be on as much as posible
Hope to see you all online!

q_dmc12
15th February 2008, 05:22 PM
Who are those n00bs I was beating with the ugly stick last night?? - Nah, just kidding - thx for the races guys!!:clap

TheFrostE
15th February 2008, 06:33 PM
well since me and my friends have pulse now, and have been playing wipEout for some time, we would like to know how many USA players live around CT and are interested in having sort of an ongoing mini-tournament series of meetings. This is obviously still in early development but if we can find enough people it could be pretty cool to do in reality. i'm thinking weekends only, prizes, and other things as it comes to mind, let me know what you think

lunar
16th February 2008, 12:05 AM
Thanks for that tour, Frances - my heart is thumping but I have to go to sleep now! 8)

Kansas
16th February 2008, 12:31 AM
And guess who was first? ;) Sorry couldn`t resist. :paperbag

Your ship looks very very slick online, Kansas, look forward to racing you again.

btw did you find that race very laggy? My screen kept freezing for a second too. After a Phantom De Konstruct at 15fps with 1 freeze per lap I decided it was time to quit online. :dizzy

That was you? Nice. Whoever was in third kept fighting me for second and that allowed you to get away from us. :o

Anyway, I didn't get any lag at all. It was smooth sailing for me.

Frances_Penfold
16th February 2008, 03:54 AM
Thanks for that tour, Frances - my heart is thumping but I have to go to sleep now! 8)

Yes, great races :hyper

I understand-- you guys are like 6 or 7 hours ahead of my time zone, I don't know how you manage to stay up so late!

See you around again soon :)

swift412
16th February 2008, 09:34 AM
Thanks for the races KANDANG, apologies for my crappy racing and disconnect after the first race in the tourney, I got a connection error :\

emwu23
16th February 2008, 11:25 AM
I had nice sessions with Supersox yesterday.
Muse joined us later and it was great fun.
We finished up playing tournament with James_sp.

Thanks everybody.

btw:Supersox thx for showed me how I suppose to race Qirex
on Amphiseum Black ,hehe that was good.

KANDANG
16th February 2008, 12:03 PM
Thanks for the races KANDANG, apologies for my crappy racing and disconnect after the first race in the tourney, I got a connection error :\

hehe gg swift. no worries, i think the rest of them quit that tourney too after the first round.

btw, do you lose points if you lose a race? because i haven't been getting any points for winning :o

**Update**
not too sure where to post this but,

14 wins, 0 losses 1 dc tonight and when i updated my profile
i got a -3 points deducted. help!

opponents played against included:

swift, bloseth, brica, e-kami, de_1337 from the top 40
very decent guys on the ranking tables, so it's not like I got free wins.
played against zargz yesterday but points remained the same.

tapioca
16th February 2008, 12:33 PM
sorry Kandang, i was in a 7 races tournament with you and another racer i don't remember the name (something like "freedom30"), and got through a strange bug after the race on Outpost 7 : endless replay (fullscreen with no menus) of my ship with a weird slowdown effect and just ambient noises. I could even hit your ship that was still on the track, frozen before the last chicane. Couldn't get to the 3rd race after the countdown !!!

I think it's DL packs related…

mdhay
16th February 2008, 02:10 PM
At least it's not firmware related like Pure, because we really don't need that again ;)

swift412
16th February 2008, 04:33 PM
Thanks for the races Asayyeah, TearsToShreads, James_sp, T-Rex29 and bill29; was lots of fun racing really good pilots :D

Asayyeah
16th February 2008, 04:51 PM
Oh yeah this is fantastic and we are still racing atm
I must reckon i had so much fun and the races were pretty balanced against all of us : everyone has been leading and winning.
I remembered especially an impressive finish with your son Trex : the new generation of french pilot kicked my arse on Tech de Ra white with the smallest margin : 0.01 sec !!!
Tell him he rocks like everyone who was racing this afternoon :clap

The muse and I are now racing weapons off : same ship and it's pretty close !!
Wow and now Gemini Dam engaged : the most awesome track by far from Pulse, imnsho ( :D )

TearsToShreds
16th February 2008, 05:03 PM
The races this evening were fantastic! Everyone seemed to have equal chances, although one on one Asa is still unbeatable. Gemini Dam is indeed a great track, I still suck at it though. Cheers to all you talented racers, hope to see you again later:).

Mad-Ice
16th February 2008, 05:33 PM
Finally DjManiac is at my house!! We are enjoying talking and playing, we hope to see you all online tonight. Greetings from Holland.

T-Rex29
16th February 2008, 05:51 PM
Thanks all. That was great fun ! :p Guys, you are too fast for me ! Bill29 will be a serious racer for you ( he is only 9 ). He was very proud to beat you, Mr. Asayyeah. One thing desesperates me : he is not really addict to Wipeout. Most of the time he plays other games. In fact, he plays Wipeout just to beat me ! And that’s what happens ! No more respect with youngers ! :pirate

Asayyeah
16th February 2008, 07:48 PM
Lol T-rex
i am amazed he is only 9 !! :o

Matthijs : sweet racing together but i needed to have dinner ' steak-pie', if everything is always OK we shall have great moments in Holland at the end of this week, i am gonna phone you and Mauro on wednesday night for more details.

Lance
16th February 2008, 10:33 PM
In fact, he plays Wipeout just to beat me ! And that’s what happens !

Oh, my!

Almost tends to make me glad I'm childless; I guess there had to be sOme compensations. :D

stin
16th February 2008, 11:09 PM
This the most craziest racing ever tonight and most hilarous night ever!!

Especially Rapier which is the most drunkest and extremely funny man ever tonight! I wonder, if he can remember of all this?! ;)

Thank you guys for a amazing night and still going! :hyper

Asayyeah
17th February 2008, 01:55 AM
Cannie believe this!!! what a night guys we did tours at 6 races with pilots among the best and we enjoyed it.

Here's the result of our 3 tours with 3 different winners :o

1st tour : Asa 37; Djmaniac 31 ; MadIce 26 ; Supersox 20 ; Flashback Jack 18 ; Stin 15 ; Mike74 15pts.

2nd tour : DjM 35 ; Asa 30 ; Sox 25 ; Stin 24 ; Flash 23 ; Mad 20

3rd tour : Sox 40 ; DjM 33 ; Asa 29 ; Flash 23 ; Mad 22 ; Stin 16

We were mostly all speaking into a same msn page and sharing hilarious moments with jokes spreading everywhere.
none of us were completely clean tonight especially Drunky RR :p

Kansas
17th February 2008, 02:54 AM
I don't have wireless internet at home.

Is it possible to connect online via USB?

Animagic
17th February 2008, 03:00 AM
man, people keep disconnecting when I get in the lead or if they end up last in a tournament...
it's retarded.

Kansas
17th February 2008, 03:39 AM
Yeah...it's dishonorable.

Mad-Ice
17th February 2008, 08:03 AM
Ooooh man, what a night, so much fun and crazy races. Full grids most of the time and tight close races all the time. Intense to the last turn, 1 photo finish with asa and me. After quiting online, me and Mauro did a full Pure session. What a sweet game this is, but compared to Pulse, Pure is slow, but the tracks in Pure are so much more diverse and have more identity. Mauro fell in love again with Pure and he will practise for the E.W.C. 2008 in Amsterdam. :hyper

Thank you all guys for racing last night and Rapier_Racer keep of the smirnoff ice.:naughty

stin
17th February 2008, 10:27 AM
I don't have wireless internet at home.

Is it possible to connect online via USB?

No! You will need a router or a wi-fi max, you can get it pretty cheap in shops.

Yes, me and asa went to bed just before 4am!

This is the best night we had for a while, honestly, I could not stop laughing while playing online.

stevie:D

davidoneill
17th February 2008, 12:18 PM
What does it mean when an online game has a red light beside the game selection settings?

Bad connection?

Ive also noticed my bt hub broadband light goes red when I restart it after playing the psp, I restart it to kickstart the game as sometimes it stalls. Has anyone else experienced this?

Medusa
17th February 2008, 09:21 PM
Thanks Tomahawk and borell for the races today!

Platinum Rush White: finally I get in the lead in a race and then hit that ^%*%*POST!:brickwall And then 3 seconds later "Contender Eliminated". That one really hurt my pride, lol! Nice to race ones who know how to play, the last few nights all I've come across is venom newbies...boring...

borell
17th February 2008, 09:49 PM
It was nice racing you Medusa and Tomahawk. Also, thanks to DjManiac21, Flashback_Jack, il_NIK, and supersocks.

Medusa, you should have won on Platinum Rush. I thought you lost connection or something since your ship seemed to be parked... Those posts... :bomb

TheFrostE
17th February 2008, 10:09 PM
good tournament today DJmaniac, 2 races i trailed you the whole time, just couldn't get past you, then you smoked all of us in arc prime, 2nd place and 8 secs behind you >_>

supersocks
17th February 2008, 10:27 PM
Yes, saturday night was pretty crazy. Thanks all Asa already mentioned. And borell and Flashback_Jack for tonight. I've learned a valuable lesson about back-quakes today. :rolleyes:

DjManiac21
17th February 2008, 10:32 PM
Great races today, thanks for the good fun :+
It's great to see how we are getting more activity online lately.

By the way, a very special thanks to Mad-Ice for having me over at his place yesterday, we had some awesome sessions with almost full grids the whole time with pilots from the Zone, good tourneys with great pilots online!

We had some good Pure sessions as well, I just couldn't help but falling in love with the game all over again! :)

Mad is a great chef as well, very nice, spicy food!

Thanks for an awesome weekend Mad, online and offline :D

Now, getting ready for Arnaud! :robot

Tomahawk
18th February 2008, 08:39 AM
What does it mean when an online game has a red light beside the game selection settings?

I've recognized this little red light too, but I don't know what it is. It could be that it means the tour/race has already started, but I'm not sure about that...

Thanks Tomahawk and borell for the races today!

It was nice racing you Medusa and Tomahawk.

Thanks to you too for the races. I've still got a lot of practice to do on phantom as I've started playing this class last week for the first time...

Ash-Omen
18th February 2008, 07:49 PM
Thnx medusa for a good selection of races, oh and sorry for the backquake lol i just couldent help my self :lol

Medusa
18th February 2008, 07:57 PM
I don't mind a bit! I had great fun losing to you, even one race out of 30 I still feel pretty lucky to have won one, lol! Thanks for sticking around and racing!
Not many phantom racers on today yet I guess, just you and me...

RJ O'Connell
18th February 2008, 08:03 PM
I'll try to be on whenever. Got to find myself an access point though outside of the house, though.

Kansas
18th February 2008, 08:22 PM
The Northern Raven is going to be online within the next 5 minutes http://forums.offtopic.com/images/smilies/runaway.gif

Well, that was fun.

I finished in third place overall in a tournament despite never having played three of the four tracks in the tourney. http://forums.offtopic.com/images/smilies/happysad.gif

I'll get on again in about 20 minutes or so.

Update:

Raced some more during my lunch hour (2 p.m. PST)

Raced in a tournament and finished second on a last minute burst at the finish line off a cliff on some track I've never raced before :D

Then I finished third in some track I have never seen before.

Still looking for my first win :)

emwu23
18th February 2008, 11:48 PM
Thanks for racing Supersocks and Flashback_Jack.
We had some good races and tornaments as well,thanks Guys.

Flashback_Jack sorry for that race on Tech De Ra Black,just after one lap I got message : some problems contacting the server and after I was kicked off the race and I had to connect again to the main online menu.

P52Smith
19th February 2008, 10:10 AM
When you say you've never seen the track before, does this imply that you haven't got very far in the game or have you downloaded the DLC and not used it yet?

Kansas
19th February 2008, 04:27 PM
^^ That is correct, sir.

TheFrostE
19th February 2008, 06:39 PM
hey just wanted to say thanks for the long tourneys we had last night and to all that were there, me (FrostE) and my real life best friend wolfy264 usually host long tournaments from his basement and on going games at around 6-11 pm US est. time. there will be more games running tonight, we are doing either flash or rapier for tonight, hope to see some people there :)

Dav657
20th February 2008, 12:51 AM
Am on tonight if anyone else is up for it only flash or rapier for now still need to get used to the game still

Animagic
20th February 2008, 05:15 AM
I haven't evolved to rapier yet... it's like a pinball game for me still :P
hope to see some of you guys on tonight..

Wolfy I raced you a couple days ago in a 7race tournament you were quite good.
I was playing rubbish and totally freaking out trying to maintain my line..
thanks for hosting tourneys when a lot of people online won't do so.

good fun

P52Smith
20th February 2008, 08:17 AM
I would but I can never finish them so I gave up!

I am online normally running a 5 race phantom tournament featuring:
Basilico Black
Metropia Black
Moa Therma White
The Amphiseum White
Vertica White

Please join

If not, I'll be most likely responding to the following:

I've issued a phantom challenge in the arena and would like someone to take me up!

Kyang
20th February 2008, 05:57 PM
Hello everyone, I've been lurking around the boards for quite a while now, and only have a couple of posts. I've been playing this game since Wipeout XL/2097, and only came across WipeoutZone a few years ago.

I was just able to get Pulse in the US earlier this week, and I hope to see some of you fellow racers online. I've only just started with the game, so Rapier is about the fastest that I can go on most of the tracks.

Is there some time where most of you are online?

Looking forward to some good experiences. Please don't go too hard on me! :banzai .

Kansas
20th February 2008, 06:23 PM
Raced again last night against several people I'm beginning to notice are on at the same time... some GreyFox... and some guy that goes by IncredibleDude or something like that.

Anyway, I’ve yet to win a damn race, but I haven’t finished worse than third in any of my races—even on the tracks I haven’t unlocked yet. Heh… lucky, I guess.

TheFrostE
23rd February 2008, 02:28 AM
me and wolfy are hosting tourneys, first is 11 races hop on if you can , we r from US

Mad-Ice
23rd February 2008, 09:47 PM
It's about time we met online!! Tonight, DjManiac, Chrono, Asa are at my place. Really cool to have them all here. We all hope to see you on the tracks tonight so see you later!!!

Kansas
24th February 2008, 02:07 AM
I finally won a damn race... after constantly finishing 2nd or 3rd... :D

Mad-Ice
24th February 2008, 10:18 AM
We just finished racing 6 hours ago!! Asa, DjManiac and Chrono are still sleeping. What a blast we had. A full grid with pulse all night with some of the best pilots. Supersox, Flashback_Jack, Eleven_GG_Ex. First places constantly kept on changing. I think this was one of the best racing nights in Pulse online!!!

After Pulse we did all the tracks of Pure ad-hoc, all the way up to 6 o'clock this morning (our time) Chrono (Kellen) only had 50 hours total on Pure and exploded so many times and he just keeps on laughing, he is a real sport!!

Results:

Alfa

DjM 26
Asa 25
Mad 20
Kel 4

Beta

Asa 30
Mad 26
DjM 20
Kel 4

Cl1

Mad 30
Asa 20
DjM 16
Kel 9

Gamma

Asa 28
Mad 28
DjM 20
Kel 4

Delta

Asa 26
Mad 24
DjM 16
Kel 13

Cl2

Asa 30
Mad 25
DjM 21
Kel 4

Omega

Mad 30
Asa 26
DjM 20
Kel 4

Total point of Pure tour:

Asa 185
Mad 183
DjM 139
Kel 42

Greetz Mad-Ice

stin
24th February 2008, 12:40 PM
That`s great Mad-ice!

I`m sorry I could not play online with yous due my friggen headaces!, but I did played with borell and zargz! also supersox too. Good races there last night.

emwu23
24th February 2008, 11:27 PM
I had great racing tonight ,thanks to:
DjManiac21,Flashback_Jack,Asayeah,borell,Mad-Ice,E-Kami,katupekse.

At the moment I have great sessions with Frances_Penfold.
Good racing with you man,long time we haven't seen each other online.
Thx pilot.

Frances do you have those extra packs?
Becouse I dont know if choose them to race or not while we racing.

TearsToShreds
24th February 2008, 11:41 PM
Sorry guys for not being around much online lately, internet's been very unstable since my fiancee got addicted to WoW. I don't like entering tourneys when I know I'm going to disconnect halfway through. u_u

Frances_Penfold
25th February 2008, 12:43 AM
At the moment I have great sessions with Frances_Penfold.
Good racing with you man,long time we haven't seen each other online.

Frances do you have those extra packs?
Becouse I dont know if choose them to race or not while we racing.

Hi Emwu, fantastic races, man! Thanks for the tour... it's been a while :)

Unfortunately, no, I don't have the downloadable tracks-- they haven't been released in North America. Hopefully soon.

And sorry I had to eventually leave-- dinner time and the wife was calling.

Hope to see you online again soon!

Asayyeah
25th February 2008, 11:26 AM
That was a great night again yesterday, we played with Mad few tours he created , the white ones which will be in for the Amsterdam tourney
Here's result we did from talon's to outpost7 white :

Tour1 Tour 2 Tour 3
Djmaniac 30 pts 25
FlashBack 26 25 33
Asa : 15 20 29
Mad : 14 16 33
Borell : 14
E-Kami : 10
Emwu : 8 7 20

Thx all of you racing us

JABBERJAW
29th February 2008, 03:26 AM
Doing a little online at night to get used to the comparatively choppy play vs TT, but still be able to use BRS, and every person that is playing me(about 6 in a row at this point), have quit two laps into the race. think I'm going to have to play some single player races even though I cannot get the BRs. Maybe medium difficulty may be best.
What would solve this, but at the moment, Arnaud has been dodging me, at what would be around 3 am over in France(I know you are up!!)

DjManiac21
29th February 2008, 08:11 AM
Hi there, Asa and Mad and Chrono are coming to my place tonight, so we will be up until late for sure, hope to meet you online!

It's too bad people quit that often, it happens for me as well, you get several disconnections that way... But, all in all online is a great experience and it's always an chance for every pilot to meet any day they want to race :D

Hope we start getting more pilots online, c'mon US! :sonar

q_dmc12
29th February 2008, 12:23 PM
It's too bad people quit that often

I always look on the bright side and wonder if I'm that good to make them want to quit the race as soon as possible. I may or may not be on tonight - hope to see you there.8)

Kevlar
29th February 2008, 04:55 PM
Are you guys using Xlink or infrastructure? never see anyone online :|

TearsToShreds
29th February 2008, 06:13 PM
Thanks for the races today, emwu. Seems we're pretty much equal generally. You're also one of the best Qirex racers I've seen so far. 8)

DjManiac21
29th February 2008, 06:15 PM
Ok, now´s the time!!!! :P

Asa, Mad, Chrono and me are at home and will be all online hosting a 12 race white tournament, please join! Well be online at 9pm amsterdam time, guess its gmt plus 1.
Password will be: wozt

"Wipeout zone tournament"

See you later! :D

q_dmc12
29th February 2008, 07:18 PM
sure, a quick couple of races - then errands and hangout vit da friends

EDIT: thankyou sirs, now I have stuff to do

TearsToShreds
29th February 2008, 10:30 PM
Nice racing, Asa, Mad-Ice, DJManiac and all the others. Pure chaos, but I had a blast. :D

stin
1st March 2008, 10:42 AM
Hey Mr Muse!, how dare you, you did used your turbo on the last bend to the finish!!! (Fort Gale Black;)) *good chance to won the race, suddenly Tear to Shreds overtook me in a hurry and won the race and I said to myself (baaaaaaasturd!!!!) Lucky race there!:p;)

Anyway, had a good time there last night and I will be online tonight.

Edit! What this about Pulser?!!!:o

TearsToShreds
1st March 2008, 11:45 AM
Haha, yes that was exciting! Pure adrenaline rush at that moment. 8) The same happened to Asa on Basilico White!

Asymeel
1st March 2008, 09:36 PM
I'm very happy to have been able to play with asa a few tracks tonight.
It's very pleasant to play with very skilled players.
Of course i don't have the same skill level but i have the feeling that i get better everyday.
So it gives me motivation to keep on playing. =]

emwu23
2nd March 2008, 04:34 PM
Thanks for the races today, emwu. Seems we're pretty much equal generally. You're also one of the best Qirex racers I've seen so far. 8)

Thank you as well.We had some tough races together on that day.
Im going to be online on monday from 7-8 pm ,I hope I will meet you there.
Cheers

JABBERJAW
3rd March 2008, 08:39 PM
thanks to alterego for playing a 8 game tourney with me. I don't get much of a chance to play, and this was one of the rare times. Also, He played 8 in a row. the last 10 people I have played have quit within 2 laps on the first race.

phl0w
3rd March 2008, 08:48 PM
Why does everybody play tournaments? The lobby is full of Flash and Rapier tourneys. They are full of bugs and not fun, because half the contenders leave early. Besides the online statistics don't care about tournaments- or SR- wins. Stick to Single Races! Keep track of wins in IRC for instance.

JABBERJAW
3rd March 2008, 08:53 PM
single races stink because you alway have to go back to the lobby. At least they show your time though. There is already 45 seconds wasted after the first person finishes. It would be nice if it went to next race shortly after last person finished. Although, I guess the break is kinda nice to relax for a minute

TheFrostE
3rd March 2008, 09:17 PM
tournaments the way to go for me, and if people leave early its either because A:they are bad and sore losers and dont like to get beat 10+ seconds behind on rapier or phantom. OR B: they have to leave early. Tip- dont join a tourney if you know your not gonna finish it, and if you are a regular in the online servers and someone joins you that you know can beat you and your gonna be a sore loser, then leave ahead of time :)

as for the bugs...who cares about the flawed point system, in the end....everyone in the tournament knows who REALLY won.

well im getting off topic...sooooo, me and wolfy will be hosting tourneys tonight around 9pm est, feel free to join up, rapier or phantom

kanar
3rd March 2008, 09:48 PM
Hi,

I've realized a couple of weeks ago that pulse -the online mode- was the best gaming experience ever concerning racing games (waiting for GT5 lol). I'm hosting regularly a French peaceful party named Avalon. I've just unlocked the phantom grid, so you can imagine I'm not a 0.31sec82/lap in venom on arc prime -how can you do that???????-... When I say peacefull I mean no weapons, I've never seen a F1 race with machinegun and missile launcher onboards... That's the reason of my post, in fact. I'm very often obliged to host my own race because the majority prefer gunfights... And it's not cool, because my net connection is really bad, + the online bugs, it's hard to play a bit... Hope to host you soon, bye...

lunar
3rd March 2008, 10:41 PM
I hate quitters, grrrrr. MCV3 - not a bad player, but a quitter. Brica - fast pilot, but when he`s losing - another quitter. :mad: Well I`ll never race either of them again.

zargz
3rd March 2008, 11:03 PM
so if these guy join any game you are in, will you leave it then?
that'll spoil whatever fun you are having at that moment :?

lunar
4th March 2008, 07:14 AM
No, I mean I won`t race them 1v1. If there are other guys there`s no problem :) I don`t understand these people who are practised enough to be good players, but are quitters. There`s no way you`re going to work your ranking up like that. I`m not sure what they`re trying to achieve. :?

stin
4th March 2008, 08:13 AM
Yes, I totally agreed with you guys. I do get that alot for the last few days and I just have to put up with it.

Now, I`m trying to remember their names and trust them wholly if they gonna prepare to compete with the experience players.

TheFrostE
4th March 2008, 10:54 PM
collymilad, knocking me off the track with his ship twice in moa therma black! UGH!, good race

bastienrehm
5th March 2008, 03:10 AM
Hi everyone, I'm new to the forums although I've been a Wipeout fan and read stuff on here for a while now.

As the online multiplayer is quite empty, I figured I'd let you know that "Here comes a new challenger".

Since I'm on vacation at the moment I'm online a lot under the name: "Bastou85"

See you in the game.

Intera
5th March 2008, 06:50 AM
Yeah ForstE, good race mate, sorry bout that, wasn't on purpose hehe. Still getting used to phantom :)

TheFrostE
5th March 2008, 05:51 PM
haha ya man, np, right before you came i went 5-1 in our phantom tourney, then you came in and kocked me off the track a few times and i lost a bunch

supersocks
5th March 2008, 09:49 PM
Thanks mikeheartsch for nice Phantom tour tonight. You was the real life-saver in the sea of quitters :D

No. I'm not posting an image from Baywatch this time.

JABBERJAW
6th March 2008, 03:35 AM
Nice racing with ben and Isaac tonight + many quitters. Got in about 30 games myself.

RJ O'Connell
6th March 2008, 11:25 PM
My first online races against members of the Zone were pretty amazing. Asayyeah won every time it seemed while me and Stin were battling for second.

Sorry I couldn't stay longer - I was busy at the Southeastern Theatre Conference. I just stopped at a nearby restaurant that conveniently had Wi-Fi...I may be able to race again until Sunday.

-RJ

Asayyeah
6th March 2008, 11:49 PM
Geez i haven't made the relation between the famous 3rd guy called Blinky77 and you RJO before reading your post :paperbag
Thx for racing , i said to Stevie ( we had while racing a funny msn video together that may explain i or Stevie was pretty long to launch or change the races sometimes ) this pilot was always at our tail without giving up !
In few weeks you ll be a Class A Threat in phantom RJO i can tell you :banzai

I started the evening by racing Ash Omen we had several close finish and i asked Stevie to join : 1st race and he won on Arc prime black clap: Stevie.

I must also congrats someone from here, i think, who really get the right vibe to destroy my goteki by a prodigious plasma clap: to you de_1337

I had my 1st races with my crazy US Ninja, Ben you are on the right way piloting :+ ( but please don't scary too much Max ;) )

RJ O'Connell
6th March 2008, 11:58 PM
Thanks so much Asa...I thought I had a chance at 2nd in Tech De Ra before falling off the open section XD

I will try and get to the City Cafe again on Friday and Saturday, so if you can, let's race again!!! ^_^ Then again anyone from WZ is a worthy opponent...I'm just feeling a little bad that I don't have the DLC available in the States so that we could race the extra tracks...