PDA

View Full Version : Online Meetings, Pulse

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

il_NIK
3rd January 2008, 10:32 PM
Thanks for races, Romano and Stefan (Borell).

Thank you for giving me my first Vertica! Wow, what a fight!

Soon on upper class, I promise to play and training :banzai

Medusa
3rd January 2008, 10:38 PM
Hey zargz! Thanks for the gentle introduction to Outpost 7, lol!! My very 1st time on that track- it was hilarious! First hairpin and I think, oh cool, a jump! *flies off track* So I try it again *flies off track* So I try going off it and steering left to find the track *flies off track* So I try going off it and steering right *flies off track* So I finally realize it's the hairpin everyone's been posting about, and whip around the corner!! Truly hilarious racing. I'm only on grid 3 so better get back to work before coming back online again! :lol

borell
3rd January 2008, 10:41 PM
Nice indeed, Nik. Great to have you online!! :g

... and thanks for the fights Rom. :beer

NeXaR_QroN
3rd January 2008, 10:57 PM
@Medusa
The very same happened to me first time, just that it was offline. My mother looked at me thinking I were laughing at her or something xD

stin
3rd January 2008, 11:49 PM
Hey zargz! Thanks for the gentle introduction to Outpost 7, lol!! My very 1st time on that track- it was hilarious! First hairpin and I think, oh cool, a jump! *flies off track* So I try it again *flies off track* So I try going off it and steering left to find the track *flies off track* So I try going off it and steering right *flies off track* So I finally realize it's the hairpin everyone's been posting about, and whip around the corner!! Truly hilarious racing. I'm only on grid 3 so better get back to work before coming back online again! :lol

That was exactly what happened to me on my first attempted on online!:o and I didn`t even know what Outpost7 at the time!:cold

stevie:banzai

stin
5th January 2008, 11:32 AM
I had a great time with DJManiac and good race with Outpost 7 Black? ;)

The reason I could not communicate to you is, I was in my bath at the time!:dizzy

I will play more online due I completed Pulse this morning.

stevie:g

swift412
5th January 2008, 04:26 PM
Thanks for the races DJManiac and stin :) Was almost impossible to keep up with you guys

DjManiac21
5th January 2008, 04:52 PM
you got a win as well man! :D

Great races indeed :)

Ill be online again later tonight, have to fix my dead pc :brickwall

Mad-Ice
5th January 2008, 08:52 PM
Hi guys,

I am online now!!! I have a lot of diconnection tonight! Whenever I enter in an arena and I become the host then when I am starting the game it crashes!!! Even when I am creating it doesn't work for me tonight!

Medusa
5th January 2008, 09:07 PM
I had tremendous lag when I was on earlier. As in as bad as Kai when it was bad...I'll try again tonight but I'm nowhere near as fast as you guys yet!

DjManiac21
5th January 2008, 11:51 PM
Hey Frances, we are racing online now but we want to add you to our msn, cann you drop your msn nick on the msns thread?

Great races on the amsterdam tour room!!! Join now!!! :pizza

Frances_Penfold
6th January 2008, 12:44 AM
Thanks, DJ :)

Those were fun matches. Sorry I suck so bad at Phantom-- I haven't practiced very much at the higher speed classes, as you guys could probably tell.

I don't have MSN yet but will work on getting it set up over the weekend-- sounds like it's the way to go for communicating with WOZ players and organizing tournaments.

You guys stay up late playing Wipeout! Here I was worried it would be hard to overlap with you Europeans because of the six hour time difference-- but luckily, y'all are night owls!

See you online again soon-- hopefully armed with an MSN tag!

supersocks
6th January 2008, 01:51 AM
Ah, AMSTERDAM.

Nice bunch of races DJ and Mad. :nod I hope you would be also hanging on IRC channel so I could use my psychological warfare :D

stin
6th January 2008, 07:31 AM
I had a great time there last night...well very early morning:robot

Mad-Ice, Rapier, DjManaic, Brica, Medusa and whoever you are out there.

Eventually, I went to bed at 01:15 and got up at 07:55, to pick up my wife.

More online to come.....

stevie:nod

Mad-Ice
6th January 2008, 09:41 AM
Autch I got a painfull thumb. I have been playing 6 hours straight yesterday evening. What a blast we had, amazing races. Dj and me were constantly fighting untill the last sec. So close racing so intense adrenalin pushing:dizzy

I also remember a race on Fort Gale with Supersox, I think we fought for 5 laps constantly shooting the crap out of each other, gaining position again and BOOM. Untill the the finishline with a difference of 0.12 sec. with a win for Supersox. Congrates on that 1 :clap I will certainly remember this fight for a while. You are talking about your psychological warfare but your Goteki is already distracting enough, what a beauty!!!
I tried to connect to IRC but couldn't connect, maybe the same problems I had with connecting to the server of Pulse in the beginning of the evening. Sorry for that!

Also thanks Rapier Racer, Stin, Stardragon88, Frances and I hope I didn't miss anybody!?

Greetz Mad-Ice

supersocks
6th January 2008, 10:16 AM
Heh that was greatness. I remember checking my back on finish straight, after doing good in ziczac-section I managed to miss last boost pad and thought "If it's my luck he'll pass me now... Oh good he's still in the corner. No wait... he's coming with turbo! Aaaaaaarrrrghhh... FINISH!". ...And the seconds before results appeared felt like eternity. :D

zargz
6th January 2008, 06:28 PM
xuzen, did that backquake catch you at arch prime?

http://geocities.com/zargz/leenden/wisl.gif

btw that was my first ever Rapier tournament! :eek

Medusa
6th January 2008, 07:41 PM
Ack yesterday was a frustrating online Pulse day for me. Kept racing "laggy" racers, then finally zargz came along and I had my first disconnect during a race!:redface: I bumped my wi-fi switch!! Then had a couple of good races with stin after I reconnected, but just in time to quit and go cook supper, lol.

I think infrastructure is trying to tell me I should finish the game before going online...

emwu23
6th January 2008, 07:49 PM
xuzen, did that backquake catch you at arch prime?

http://geocities.com/zargz/leenden/wisl.gif

btw that was my first ever Rapier tournament! :eek

It did catch me hehe.
That was good tournament.Thanks
btw zargz sorry I disconnected later but I had to go on nightshift.
see you online soon

zargz
6th January 2008, 07:54 PM
yeh that was a good tournament, emwu :)

cheers!

lunar
6th January 2008, 10:04 PM
sorry Borell, I got stuck on the loading screen here..... that tour was going well too :)

Hellfire_WZ
6th January 2008, 10:07 PM
So did I, there's been a lot of that tonight... :?

Ash-Omen
6th January 2008, 10:12 PM
i get that alot, well not the loading screen as such but the lobby countdown, anyone else get this?

Hellfire_WZ
6th January 2008, 10:19 PM
Sorry, I meant that, yeah.

stin
6th January 2008, 10:20 PM
Funnily enough, I do get that too, twice!:?

Anyway, thank you guys for racing all night, one names too many ;)

stevie:nod

borell
6th January 2008, 10:21 PM
Yeah, lunar, it was a shame. Same thing happened to me. Those strange disconnections, the stuck on loading, has begun to appear lately... I have not had them before. Hope it is something that goes away.

... and I was doing such a good job loosing that tour. :g

Infected
7th January 2008, 09:51 PM
I had great time playing today with Mad-Ice, Supersox and Hellfire;) finally i met somebody who kicked my ass so badly that i want to make some more pracitce on some tracks:) Cheers!

Frances_Penfold
8th January 2008, 04:47 AM
Just a shout out to Emwu, Kiki and Delta for the fun tournaments run on flash speeds (the last one I guess was rapier, no weapons).

Good times! :)

Dogg Thang
8th January 2008, 06:04 AM
I didn't have much luck last night. A few tournaments that had people drop out one by one until I was the last left. Then when I found Hellfire and Supersocks et al, there were a few non-starters.

I did get a couple of races though. Came last in Basilico (through the gift of racing it really badly) and blew up in another. Then I lost everyone. Great to see some of the custom ships in action. Hellfire's looks really good in-game and I always loved Supersocks' white Goteki. Someone had a nice red and black AG-Sys too.

Infected
8th January 2008, 09:55 AM
Great to see some of the custom ships in action. Hellfire's looks really good in-game and I always loved Supersocks' white Goteki. Someone had a nice red and black AG-Sys too.

That was mine AG-SYS:hyper

Dogg Thang
8th January 2008, 10:26 AM
Cool. It was really nice. The colour combo worked perfectly on it and the shade of red was great.

Mad-Ice
8th January 2008, 02:39 PM
Yes it was a strange night again with disconnections. Hellfire seemed not to be able to stay in a lot. He even lost his own arena to Supersox, Infected and me and what a fights we had. Fort Gale white is becoming quite addictive with Supersox. The first race on this speedy track was a win for Supersox:clap, immediately I wanted revenge which I got with 0.01 seconds. O o o what an intense race this was.:hyper

See you all again greetz Mad-Ice

emwu23
8th January 2008, 02:54 PM
Just a shout out to Emwu, Kiki and Delta for the fun tournaments run on flash speeds (the last one I guess was rapier, no weapons).

Good times! :)

Indeed it was rapier.Thanks Frances, it was a pleasure to play with you.
I was playing for 7+ hours yesterday with so much people.I don't want to miss someone so:
Thanks everybody I played with.

Seeya soon

zargz
8th January 2008, 04:29 PM
.. I was playing for 7+ hours yesterday ..:eek

and then go to your nightshift??! :D

Infected
8th January 2008, 06:41 PM
Finally i met DJmaniac21 online:D Later connected Mad-Ice:D! and finally i won with you:D it was pure adrenalin :) thx for emwu23 for joining us:) it was pleasure to play with you guys! but my wifi died i dont know why:/

PS: look out for this guy: "Xekey". We played only one race with him and he was flying in wrong direction trying to hit us... I'll try to make my own list of damn noobs which dont know how to play online...

Rapier Racer
8th January 2008, 07:06 PM
Flying in the wrong direction, thats not possible. Is this yet another exploit?

q_dmc12
8th January 2008, 07:13 PM
I used to do that on kai when I got tired of losing....arnie always blew me up though.:p

Rapier Racer
8th January 2008, 07:25 PM
Yes I know we could do it in Pure but in Pulse if you try and fly backwards the ship isn't supposed to and indeed doesn't move an inch, I tried it out of curiosity you see.

Dogg Thang
8th January 2008, 07:29 PM
Doesn't it depend on your mode? Eliminator won't let you fly backwards but I thought others would.

Rapier Racer
8th January 2008, 07:37 PM
Hmm it appears you can, Arc Prime white (which I just tested SR mode) stops you when you get so far though

Medusa
8th January 2008, 08:14 PM
Thanks sox and Mad-Ice for the races! Moa Therma Madness, lol. Dreamskiller is pretty good, huh?

Sorry about that pathetic flash tourney, sox - I was busy on the phone for the first race and a half...too much Pulse time and not enough work time, you see.8)

Mad-Ice
8th January 2008, 08:47 PM
Hmmm, sorry emwu23 for that last race. I got an important phonecall!!

In that same arena we had some connections problems with supersox and me falling in and out again. Fort Gale White was not supposed to happen today mate, it didn't work two times in a row:?:

Finally we found each other in a rapier tour with KiTTun (Medusa) and yes there was Fort Gale again the third time it worked.:hyper

Infected finally got his win in an amazing close race together with DjManiac and me on Arc Prime Black, congrates mate:clap

Dogg Thang
8th January 2008, 09:13 PM
For some reason I have 2 disconnects listed now. No idea why. Still, I actually won some races tonight which was nice.

Rapier Racer
8th January 2008, 09:43 PM
Can other players see your disconnect stat?

supersocks
8th January 2008, 09:48 PM
too much Pulse time and not enough work time

Isn't it the exact same thing??? ;) Nice performance in Moa. Next time I won't stop and try to shoot you with plasma... at least not every time I got one.

And damn you Mad-Ice and your last damned "Cheater Checker Tour"! Like it's common to race Outpost 7 in phantie with only one day of practise. :D

zargz
8th January 2008, 11:53 PM
Frances, good races. woo! basilico!! ;)

you are getting better and better! 8)

though I have to say now BRs are start to ruin a lot of tracks for me ..

2am soon, gotta go!

thanx! :D

Frances_Penfold
9th January 2008, 01:05 AM
Hi Zargz, yeah, those were AWESOME races-- we are pretty well balanced, you and I, it makes for great matches :)

Yeah, I felt bad in a couple places executing some barrel rolls-- like in Tech de Ra black, having just practiced that for the time trial challenge on the Arena page. Turning weapons off probably helps in those cases-- without weapon pads to re-charge the shield, I can probably only do 1 or 2 barrel rolls per lap before depleting the shield and eliminating myself.

Thanks much for the great races! Hope to see you around again sometime soon ;)

P.S. Thanks also to Stardragon, had some fun races on a venom tournament with 4 or 5 other racers there too.

Medusa
9th January 2008, 03:15 AM
Where do you see your number of disconnects? Is it listed in the game stats somewhere or is it on the wipeout-game site??

Stardragon88
9th January 2008, 04:19 AM
Yep it's under Statistics, the same menu you find the create and join game options.

emwu23
9th January 2008, 09:53 AM
:eek

and then go to your nightshift??! :D

No,no.It was nightshift with pulse,hehe.
I started about 8 p.m. and finished up at 5/6 a.m. with some breaks.

Dogg Thang
9th January 2008, 09:59 AM
It is a shame there is no communication online. Even simple symbols would help. I always wonder after waiting for people to join a game if I should just start it even with a small number. It would be nice if people had a way of communicating their preference. Or communicating at all.

emwu23
9th January 2008, 10:11 AM
Hmmm, sorry emwu23 for that last race. I got an important phonecall!!

No worries man ,I'm looking forward to next time.

zargz
9th January 2008, 10:19 AM
.. I always wonder after waiting for people to join a game if I should just start it even with a small number..when I want the mod to Go i go in the player info menu (where you see the skins) and go out quickly,
that way you make a little flash/blink with that 'busy' sign. I've seen other people do that too.
If i didn't start they just left , that's how i got it.

emwu23
9th January 2008, 10:22 AM
Finally i met DJmaniac21 online:D Later connected Mad-Ice:D! and finally i won with you:D it was pure adrenalin :) thx for emwu23 for joining us:)

It was a pleasure, you are very fast racer see you soon.
Poland! hehe

Roz
9th January 2008, 10:32 AM
It is a shame there is no communication online. Even simple symbols would help. I always wonder after waiting for people to join a game if I should just start it even with a small number. It would be nice if people had a way of communicating their preference. Or communicating at all.

I usually start when there's a nice number of us. I hate when room creators make us wait for like, 5 minutes, just for the room to get full. Problem is, everybody just leaves then...

I know it's fun racing with max players, but having to wait several minutes for that kills all the fun you would have, specially when it's a single race, when you know after that you'll have to wait even more.

Dogg Thang
9th January 2008, 10:47 AM
Yeah I'm not a fan of waiting too long either. Zargz's method is great though. I didn't think of that. Thanks for the tip.

Rahvin13
9th January 2008, 11:42 AM
Good tip Zargz

zargz
9th January 2008, 02:58 PM
.. I know it's fun racing with max players ..mm .. I find 8 players too chaotic so normaly i make a race for 4 or 5 people

1. it gets full faster and less chaos and randomness

2. I don't like the randomness (again) of the start grid possitioning there's a huge distance between 1st and 8th
especially if it's a tournament!

but between 1and 4/5 is ok.

if you have 4-5 even skilled racers you can have great races!

and less lag 8)

ZenDJiNN
9th January 2008, 05:20 PM
Hey zargz - i totally agree with you. Often the randomness of start position makes no sense at all, and with a full grid there's a good 50% chance that you'll get stuck at the back or involved in the squabbles that so often occur at the rear. :)

4-5 is a good number to race with, and as you said if you're reasonably evenly matched it makes for some good racing.

DjManiac21
9th January 2008, 07:26 PM
I find the whole blinking thing a great idea to communicate, we could blink twice to ask the room creator to wait for more people and then blink 3 times to ask him to start, what do you think? :hyper

And by blinking I mean getting into player info so the wrench tool will appear next to the our nick, that way we "blink" if we just go in and out fast.

zargz
9th January 2008, 07:33 PM
yep, that's what I ment too.
and may be 5 quick blinks if we are not quiet sure http://geocities.com/zargz/leenden/lol.gif

;)

joke aside, if you don't blink I guess what you are 'saying' is it's ok to wait
but if you blink you want to go soon or NOW if you blink more, right?

8)

------------------

DJ http://geocities.com/zargz/leenden/mad.gif grrr .. I'll get you .. when I finish the game :?

kekken3
9th January 2008, 11:01 PM
Haha, yeah, I miss some simple communication, as one's always uncertain as to what are the people's intentions or preferences. I'll try the consider the blinking info "macro" in the future, but I often just put on player info out of curiosity - I really like to know know who flies what craft and maybe see some fancy skin on the way. :)

---

Anyway, sorry for not having introduced myself. I'm racing under the nickname "Yoseep" (I was a bit annoyed by the fact that many friends I've made trough games now inevitably call me by the gaming nick of Kekken, so I just went for the phonetic equivalent of Josip - my name :P).

I've had many great races online and there's just too many people to remember, but out of the ones I recognize from the Zone, DjManiac, Dogg Thang, DelStepho, Zargz, Mad-Ice, Supersocks, Stardragon, Stin, Infected, Ash-Omen and Kandang get props for some memorable races. And probably many others I forgot. Sorry - but if you're reading this, there's a big chance you are one of them - and you rule! :D Unless you're God_of_Lard! :D
Oh, and Rapier Racer, obviously. When I've only seen you online the very first time I was on and you exploded in the second race of the tourney, it really brought back a a big fat tear of Kai nostalgia on my eye. God how I wished I had the chat there to engage in some traditional post blowup taunting. Much love! Hope to race you and everyone else soon!

lunar
10th January 2008, 12:19 AM
Not happy with the scoring system on a tour tonight - on a four race tour it only gave me one point for second place on race 3 (De Konstruct White) and so I lost the tour instead of winning! :mr-t

But some great races were had, thx FP! :)

Rapier Racer
10th January 2008, 08:23 PM
Yeeeeees I remember that.........damn you for bringing it up *fist shaking* :p

I'm having some major trouble trying to fly the Pulse Assegai, there could be some major treachery on the horizon..

Frances_Penfold
10th January 2008, 08:56 PM
Speaking of winning/loosing and points assigned, I had a wierd experience last night where (according to my PSP) I *won* the race but had the *poorer* (longer) time-- I was closer to the finish but hit a wall, and my opponent raced quickly from behind me to pass over the finish line first.

I'm not sure if (a) the time stats reported by my PSP were wrong-- that I in fact had the earlier time; or (b) the winner report was wrong, maybe because it was unexpected given my proximity to the finish line, and the game wrongly gave me a win that I didn't deserve.

NOT that this is a huge deal-- I don't care about my wins/loss ratio and clearly the game seems to accurately call the vast majority of races.

But it is curious.

Stardragon88
11th January 2008, 12:17 AM
I've had some cases of that, and I think it's because the game decides position based on comparing the race times of the competitors rather than just raw position, since the latter is not always clear due to lag. You can consider online races as sort of like mass Time Trials with ship collision and the occasional weapons fire ;)

Asayyeah
11th January 2008, 01:19 AM
possibly mentionned before , in adhoc mode at rom's place : on his psp he was 1st on mine i was 1st ( with different racetime for the 2 psp!) Vic got Rom as winner and Il NiK got me as 1st ! weird finish huh? :dizzy

Chrono
11th January 2008, 12:23 PM
That happened to Dj and Mad Ice when we played a couple weeks back, but I was third on both of their screens, so it was sad for me

swift412
12th January 2008, 05:51 PM
Nice races emwu23! I look forward to racing with you again :D

Frances_Penfold
12th January 2008, 07:14 PM
Bit more weirdness today and yesterday--

1. Three player race in Basilico white, I lost to Zargz by a 4+ seconds and was awarded first place? Zargz seemed to be having internet problems (dropped from some matches and set up screens when I'm sure he didn't want to) so maybe that was part of the issue.

2. Large tournament race, 7 or so players, on venom, no droppers. On the last track, we all get kicked out of the race. This seems to have put multiple "drops" on our statistics (at least, my statistics).

Anyway-- mostly it all runs smoothly and easily but there are still some hang-ups ;)

emwu23
12th January 2008, 09:46 PM
Nice races emwu23! I look forward to racing with you again :D

That was great racing,thanks man.
I really like to race with weapons off.Huge spirit of wipeout , mastering the track.We were neck to neck all the time.Cheers :D

Also thansk to these racers for racing with me today
Typhy,MAMUTHcz,Frances Penfold,GoDaBoule.Sorry for missing everyone but I just dont remember the nicknames.

See you pilots soon.

emwu23
12th January 2008, 10:11 PM
Speaking of winning/loosing and points assigned, I had a wierd experience....

Well I had today.While we were racing with swift412 we have just finished one of the race on Fort Gale Black and I had 2.10.36 and swift412 had 2.10.31 but on the score board results I was first.Strange is it?

Whats the story with this?

zargz
13th January 2008, 12:47 PM
emwu :+

could you see the yellow cross on my ship ingame?

------------

grr! got stuck in the lobby on that last talon's race ..

cheers!

emwu23
13th January 2008, 03:38 PM
Zargz thanks for racing.Again great racing with you.
Racing with weapon off is great.
And yeah I confirmed Ive seen your yellow cross just beside your nickname
from the right side of your machine.

I had great time with these racers today:mataria,Expitarius,Stardragon88,
Samubrewl,Rapier_Racer,NoOsferatu,cbbdex,Aieen.thx

Cheers Everybody

swift412
13th January 2008, 06:55 PM
Sorry about that emwu23, my wireless connection just decided to die on me :( Was fun while it lasted!

zargz
14th January 2008, 06:37 PM
hey, dmc!

nice to finally see you online :+

-------------

sorry have to leave before the store colses!

catchya later! ;)

q_dmc12
14th January 2008, 06:42 PM
Damn you and your back-quakes!! :p

I'm on the irc channel, we should chat there :)

Hellfire_WZ
14th January 2008, 09:27 PM
Interesting observation on the lobby-locking experience I've been having the last few times I've been online. It started when I installed a second custom skin on my Triakis, so I had two custom skins available on one craft. I've just removed one of the skins and (touch wood) the locking up has stopped.

Might be something to consider if you run into this problem yourselves

zargz
16th January 2008, 02:06 AM
heh! stardragon, good races!
too bad couldn't take you to higher speed classes -
haven't won a phantom race in the game yet o_o'
getting better at rapier though 8)

zargz
16th January 2008, 02:05 PM
mdhay did you just DC on me????!!!! :eek
that'll give me a DC as well!
don't do that again! http://geocities.com/zargz/leenden/gr.gif

-----------

// Aka-sho

you new AG-skin looks Great online! :+

mdhay
16th January 2008, 02:38 PM
Two things, zargz:

My psp died.

I got sick of online.

zargz
16th January 2008, 02:43 PM
I see ..
sorry, I got carried away.
should've thought that it might've been something else .. :redface:

now I got 50 DCs and may be 3 of them caused by sudden psp dead ..
the rest #"& DCrs .. :?

Medusa
17th January 2008, 02:21 AM
I had the pleasure of racing Raiden_MK today - I'm just assuming it was the same Raiden as from Kai...it was great fun!! Anyone else race him lately?

P.S. On disconnections: I now have SIX dc's! >( Only one intentional one when I had unexpected company. Couldn't be avoided. Today I had an odd error say "Problem connecting with server. Please quit" or something like that. And it gave me a dc. What?? I don't get it. If I accidentally hit the WLAN switch, fine - but if it's a server problem, why give my PSP the disconnect? I think I'm misunderstanding something...

CR4SH3D
17th January 2008, 03:17 AM
zargz! ;) briefly played you online, my nick is Digi-Kore online i thinks
alot of people seem laggy, i played qirexaax just me and him and we both have broadband and it was lagging (i appeared jerky for him, other way round for me) but i was fun

ZenDJiNN
17th January 2008, 01:51 PM
zargz - thanks for a couple of great races the other night. You're a hard one to beat and just when i think i'm way in front, there you are RIGHT behind me... :g

emwu23 - Thanks to you also. You really pushed me and made the tourneys so much more enjoyable. I hope you had fun as well. :)

On another note, has anyone ever raced against a guy called "DarKonix" ? I created a few tourneys last night, and he was in them, in a Triakis, and it didn't matter what i did, or how far in front i was, he was ALWAYS able to catch me up (in a Phrakin TRIAKIS!!) and had sooo much boost it was incredible. He alse seemed to be getting weapons from nowhere, and several times used more than one weapon without ANY pick-ups!

Very frustrating indeed. :brickwall:)

Medusa
17th January 2008, 04:25 PM
I'm rather suspicious of DarKonix - only when I was racing him, he seemed to have a constant leech beam on me whenever he could catch up.:-:- He's on my list of people to avoid. I don't spend enough time online to bother trying to confirm this by racing him again.:evil

ZenDJiNN
17th January 2008, 05:49 PM
After last night i certainly don't want to enter any races with him in. It was just a case of weapon after weapon after weapon, and his Triakis was just mind-blowingly fast, which is kind of uncommon for a Triakis (No offense to Triakis Pilots, but if you saw this guy you'd know what i mean) :)

I must make more of an effort to write the names down though..... otherwise i forget by the time i'm online again. :g

zargz
17th January 2008, 06:03 PM
Raced him a couple of tournaments today but didn't notice anything wrong ..
only that he's pretty good.
will pay more attention next time. :)

//emwu

getting better and better! http://geocities.com/zargz/leenden/ken.gif

//xuzen

I saw you using that AG wave skin! :eek
it looked great in-game .. though noticed it only when our noses were crashing for a few seconds! http://geocities.com/zargz/leenden/lol.gif
and after I saw you use the multi-colored feisar!

Chrono
17th January 2008, 06:13 PM
Sorry I haven't played in awhile. I've haven't been playing much. I'll get back in the swing soon, Mauro and I have been playing alot of pool

Medusa
17th January 2008, 07:25 PM
Phew! My first time racing Phantom today - I just realized I could while hosting a few races online. Which went okay and then I found the supersox Phantom Learning Class:g which ramped my number of times eliminated up to 8! LOL! Much fun with those few races along with infected and qdmc. Thanks guys!

Infected
17th January 2008, 08:50 PM
It was fun to play with you Medusa:) and sorry for killing you:D i need some more practice... cause i was flying like a bag full of potatoes :g

ZenDJiNN
17th January 2008, 10:21 PM
//zargz - Thanks for the races.... you & emwu gave me a good thrashing for sure! I didn't know a Quirex could race that fast! :dizzy I'm glad the "Great Wave" skin looked good (Even if we did have to crash for you to notice) :) ..... and i was doing so bad, i thought i'd give the Feisar a go.... but that didn't help at all! Those bloody bends on Basilico White get me every time!

Re: DarKonix, yeah, it's probably me being crap & he's just really good. :g I was just a bit surprised because i'd never seen a Triakis go that fast. Tanks don't usually fly, they rumble! :g

zargz
18th January 2008, 01:33 AM
yeh, we had some good races you emwu and me.
also with ni2ro he hosted some nice races 8)

//knadang

what are you doing down here in flash?
looking for some ez wins, huh? :p

.. well, you did win :bomb

Episode
18th January 2008, 02:14 AM
Hey zargz. Was nice racing you online tonight until you blew me up haha. Hope to race you again and beat you at least twice in a row haha

epi1984

zargz
18th January 2008, 02:19 AM
oh so that was you!?
yeh, there were some tight finishes there!
I also followed your ship choices from piranha all the way through to assegai :D

welcome to the forums btw! :)

Episode
18th January 2008, 02:25 AM
Thanks man. The piranha wasn't doing it for me against you and have not really switched up my ship selection. Assegai kept us pretty evenly matched apart from knadang owning for a while.

Might have to see how well I can do with piranha next time. Just takes too long to get going after a big hit. Defiantly weapons off is a good call

Look forward to another late night online meeting

zargz
18th January 2008, 02:32 AM
yeh, he really didn't he ..

:eek aw! 4.30am!!!
time for my beauty sleep!

http://geocities.com/zargz/leenden/lol.gif

KANDANG
18th January 2008, 03:07 AM
hehe i was just trying out the goteki :rolleyes:

was waiting for my friend to come over before we headed out for lunch

the first game on basilico was crazy, u're the one with two quakes right?
:evil

supersocks
18th January 2008, 09:45 AM
Ah, I think everyone will now secretly hate me since my back-quake average per race yesterday was like... over one. ;)

Medusa. Nice victory in Arc Prime, those mines really caught me. :clap And Infected, emwu23, Swift (for being in IRC at least) and all others I already forgot because of my bad memory. Nice races.

http://www.omamoka.com/stuff/racing_potato.jpg

Mmm... potatoes...

zargz
18th January 2008, 11:47 AM
hehe i was just trying out the goteki :rolleyes:don't know about the stats but online it's a Rocket from the grid :eek

the first game on basilico was crazy, u're the one with two quakes right? :evilyeh, for a sec I thought I had you there but you beat me with 0.2 :bomb

rest of the races - you owned them ..

Asayyeah
18th January 2008, 12:34 PM
SOX : i thought, no, he can't do that ...and yes you did it ! Hilarious potatoe pic :clap

lunar
19th January 2008, 12:48 AM
the weirdest **** just happened online. I was in a race with 4 or 5 of us, on Amphiseum White Flash, took the lead just at the hairpin on lap 1, then I got leeched. Then the game started telling me "Wrong Way", which lasted for the rest of the race. That leech disruptor effect wore off, I lost the lead, came to the end of the first lap and noticed energy 25%. I had had no other weapon hits - too weird. Then I realised I was still being leeched and my energy was going down all the time, even though no-one was around. And there were now two SPKs in the race. I can`t remember if there were 4 or 5 players at the start, so don`t know if it had cloned me or someone else had taken my name. Anyway, I had to absorb all the time to keep myself going. Then when the others had finished everything started to flash white with a siren, and the countdown clock ran at super-speed, and then it all ended.

Frances, you were in that race, can you remember who else was on the start line and how many?

Frances_Penfold
19th January 2008, 01:43 AM
Hi Lunar, yeah, there was definitely something odd going on there. As you say, there were two "spk" racers listed-- I actually got up and stared at my TV (playing tonight with the line-out option) to see if it was really two "spk" names or if one was slightly different ("sdk" or something). Then I thought, that's a weird name to by chance be used by two separate users! (I hadn't realized that was your online handle until now).

Other than that, I mostly just remember that there was some laggy-ness and at least one dropper. My own game experience on that particular race was fairly smooth-- I didn't experience any of the other weirdness that you describe (siren, timer, etc.)

Weird! Hopefully that's just a one time deal. BTW, is "sdk" the handle that you always use?

Thanks for the fun races! Also a shout out to emwu, with whom I had some really fun and exciting races, and also t-rex-- not sure if he is a WOZ member or not, but he is a very good sport (never drops, stays for additional races, even when he is being a bit outraced by more experienced wipers). Kudos to you all :)

q_dmc12
19th January 2008, 07:08 AM
Frank I want to race you one of these days, I am currently at grid 7 and working at it very hard - I need to be a worthy contender when Arnaud gets his internet capabilities back....online:p

zargz
19th January 2008, 08:31 AM
Thanks for the fun races! Also a shout out to emwu, with whom I had some really fun and exciting races, and also t-rex-- not sure if he is a WOZ memberyeh, t-rex, samubrewl and oSpikeo are Great non woz racers! :+
may be soon?

//lunar

sometimes when a loser DCs then one of the remaining players gets a ghost double :?

lunar
19th January 2008, 08:53 AM
an energy-sucking doppelganger? It`s like a horrror movie :robot Maybe the guy who DC`d had something to do with the shield draining, or does your shield drain when you go the wrong way round the track, which the game seemed to think I was doing? Anyway, thanks for clearing that up for me, guys, race you with less incident of that type soon, hopefully. :+

emwu23
19th January 2008, 10:18 AM
Oh my,oh my...

What a great races I had for the last 3 days.
I had pleasure to race with few people from woz:
Mad-Ice,supersox,pHlow,Infected-PL,q_dmc12,XuZeN - thanks thx for nice races with zargz.
zargz as always man ,big challange

I was playing as well with someone who has a nickname
twinturbo-7,I dont know if he is a member of woz...
So we were racing together and with some other races tournament
and on the way people started to disconnect one by one.At the end
I only left with him ,he kicked my ass badly.And after he thanked me for racing
in a very original way:
When we finished he went out from the lobby so I went to
join game again to look for some competitors and I spotted
locked host named "thx emwu23" - really nice ,so from this place to twinturbo-7
thx man - I hope you reading this

Yesterday I was racing again with zargz - hey man ,and Samubrewl,OspikeO.
And after I started sessions with Frances_Penfold and T-Rex29,very nice races.

Hey lunar, "spk" is that your nickname right?I was in that race with 2 "spk" on the ending
screen,weird stuff. thx for racing

Thanks pilots.

Frances I know that late night hours for Europeans suits you well for racing,
So I just wanted to let you now and everybody else that from Sunday to Wednesday
I am going to race till 3-4 am.

Cheers

ZenDJiNN
19th January 2008, 01:16 PM
yeh, t-rex, samubrewl and oSpikeo are Great non woz racers! :+
may be soon?

That would be great! I've been in quite a few races with these guys & they're really good racers, and they also stay the course & don't drop out half way through a Tourney etc! I wonder if they know about WZ at all? :)

zargz
19th January 2008, 02:35 PM
I wonder that too .. actually I've raced a lot with samubrew and he's right on spot.
so I made a search online - found him in some photo comunity but couldn't bother to register :?
he's from 'viva España'!
well, i just might do it anyway to get him here 8)

an energy-sucking doppelganger? It`s like a horrror movie :robot Maybe the guy who DC`d had something to do with the shield draining, or does your shield drain when you go the wrong way round the track, which the game seemed to think I was doing?don't know about that but it never happened to me. what did happen yesterday when there were 3 players and 1 race left
this sore loser dropped in the second last race and the points went all crazy :dizzy
'other guy' got 8 for first, nothing wrong there, but me - came in secon got 1 point :?

Yesterday I was racing again with zargz - hey man ,and Samubrewl,OspikeO.
And after I started sessions with Frances_Penfold and T-Rex29,very nice racesyeh, so evenly matched you never know who's gonna end on top :+

So I just wanted to let you now and everybody else that from Sunday to Wednesday
I am going to race till 3-4 am.I raced with frances once and it was great but haven't seen him since :(
normaly I stay late but mon - fri I ewatch brezerk and naruto 1-3am.
sat - sun 10pm-4am :eek
hehe, they show a whole seasson in the weekends 24 half hrs series - hrs sat and 6 hrs sun :dizzy

----------------

wooo! racing swift now!

great level up since last time! :eek

q_dmc12
19th January 2008, 02:47 PM
I am going to race till 3-4 am.

Cheers

Cool, I'll try to be there as Frank (I call him Frank...its just easier;)) and I are w/in the same timezone. :)

Happy Hunting:sonar

swift412
19th January 2008, 03:04 PM
wooo! racing swift now!

great level up since last time! :eek

Was fun racing, but we're never gonna get better if we stay on Flash speed class XD

DJManiac21 - The Vertica White race was awesome =) I got nervous and screwed up the last two laps though XD

Frances_Penfold
19th January 2008, 03:07 PM
Thanks Emwu and Zargz for the heads up about your playing times-- it'd be great to see you online next week :hyper

I'm normally playing between, well, 6PM and 10PM EST-- which I guess is between midnight and 4AM your time. My wife sometimes watches me play and always asks, what are your European buddies doing up now?! I'm not sure why you guys are such night-owls but I am very happy that you are :)

On weekends I will try to be active earlier in the day so that I can catch more matches with you European wipers.

DMC-- what is your online handle in Pulse? I'm guessing that we'll be seeing a lot of each other, given that we are on the same time zone!

That would be great! I've been in quite a few races with these guys & they're really good racers, and they also stay the course & don't drop out half way through a Tourney etc! I wonder if they know about WZ at all? :)

I suppose this is one down side of not having a lobby in Pulse-- there's no way to easily communicate the existence of the WOZ to these cool racers.

Hmmm, maybe next time I create a tournament race I will call it, "Wipeout Zone.com" or something...

zargz
19th January 2008, 03:14 PM
Was fun racing, but we're never gonna get better if we stay on Flash speed class XDsure thing - I tryed a rapier race right after I left and got eliminated :?

q_dmc12
19th January 2008, 03:15 PM
DMC-- what is your online handle in Pulse? I'm guessing that we'll be seeing a lot of each other, given that we are on the same time zone!
Its the same as here, q_dmc12 - I like to make things easy.:)

Hmmm, maybe next time I create a tournament race I will call it, "Wipeout Zone.com" or something...

When I create a room I usually call it WipEout ZonErs, that's the max number of characters so wipeoutzone.com won't fit.

Frances_Penfold
19th January 2008, 04:45 PM
Ah, that makes sense :) Maybe I will try something similar. In any case, I hope to see you online soon.

Also-- apologies to Ash-Owen and Phl0w for the slow start of the one race earlier today. Somehow I was assigned the star (job of setting up races) when it had been somebody else. I was wondering WTF was taking so long to get the race going and then was like, oh, crap, I'm the one that has to start it :(

Anyway, good races-- sorry I'm still **** at phantom speeds-- though somehow I was able to win de Konstruct white ;)

SO MANY n00bs online on a Saturday morning/afternoon-- I don't mind their presence at all but I wish they'd either decide to race or not. It seems like only WOZ folks and a few others (mentioned earlier in this thread) have any principle in sticking with something you start.

realityhole
19th January 2008, 04:50 PM
hi, does anyone wanna race me? Tell me when, and what the name will be (oh and of course which universe), i'll try and be there

Therealmat
19th January 2008, 05:43 PM
Gah!,
halfway through a tournament my PSP crashed, was tied first as well. lol

realityhole
19th January 2008, 06:29 PM
On the 20th of January 2008 at exactly 11:45 AM (GMT) there will be a tournament named realityhole, with the password wozt-zoners with the dash. I will start the game as soon as there is a total of 6 players present. It will be a single race on the track Metropia White with Speed Class Flash and weapons on. If the game has not started by 12:00 then I have some other important business to attend to, so somebody else could create the game with the same settings, and I will post here for another game at a later date, but hopefully this should not be needed.

Hopefully zargz will be able to join this one, and remember no cheating! :naughty

zargz
19th January 2008, 06:53 PM
nice one, penfold! 8)

Frances_Penfold
19th January 2008, 06:57 PM
Yes, those were awesome races, zargz-- we seem nicely matched and it's fun to see how each race ends :)

Gotta do some work now but I hope to be playing more this evening, in case anybody is around then...

zargz
19th January 2008, 07:14 PM
Never cheat and never DC! :D

my anime marathon starts in 45min and finishes at 4am
so if I'm awake tomorrow 11.45 I'll definitely be there! :+

------------

which i should be coz for me that's 12.45 .. I just realised :)

phl0w
19th January 2008, 07:26 PM
Somehow I was assigned the star (job of setting up races)
I rejoined on purpose, so you get to choose the next couple of tracks because I didn't know which you like. But after a while I figured you might not have noticed that :p
Nice couple of races until my signal got weak and I was dropped.

zargz
19th January 2008, 07:44 PM
Nooo! I tried to stop the loading to let stin in!!!!
now I'm just waiting 'outside' for the game to show up again :?

foxy!!! you,ve been practicing!! :D

stin
19th January 2008, 07:48 PM
LOL!, yes foxy had been practising on Rapier class, but hey he`s not a bad player.

Great races guys:D

stevie:clap

zargz
19th January 2008, 08:01 PM
phlow, did you pick up some mines from 1st on that arch prime race?
has happened to me couple of times, a present from the last placed racer! :eek
coz you just had passed me 3 turns before the finish.
in theory that race was yours. 8)

sorry had to leave - anime time! ;)

infoxicated
19th January 2008, 08:14 PM
Some good races there, guys! :D

I haven't played much rapier, so I went in search of a flash event. :)

phl0w
19th January 2008, 10:02 PM
I really enjoyed it tonight, thanks to stin and infected (and swift back when he wasn't sleepwalking ;) ) for fair and tense races.

infoxicated
19th January 2008, 11:08 PM
I won a really intense tournament by default because del stepho dropped out at the start of the final race. :|

Some great races before that, though, but man do I need practice on those black tracks. :dizzy

ZenDJiNN
20th January 2008, 01:27 AM
Frances_Penfold - thanks for some great racing tonight, and apologies about dropping out at the start of the 2nd Tourney.... i was really looking forward to it, all set to go and my battery decided that it didnt have enough power & just "Turned Off!" :(

Great to race against you though, and you're good..... i still need much more practice! :)

Hope to race you again soon.

XuZeN

Medusa
20th January 2008, 01:34 AM
Thanks to stin, emwu, djmaniac and chrono for the races today - especially dj and chrono for the walks all the way from venom to phantom, lol!!

About T-rex29, when he was in the races with emwu23 and I, I didn't notice anything odd except when on Tech De Ra, I hit him with a plasma and he didn't slow down!??:?: Maybe he had a turbo or something...
Whoever SupremeKai is, did a flash tour with him and he beat me. I'll take him back to rapier next time.8)

Frances_Penfold
20th January 2008, 01:41 AM
Oh hey, ZenDJiNN, I didn't know your online handle -- yes, very fun races, I'll look forward to seeing you again soon :)

Thanks also to Emwu for the great set of Rapier races, alternating weapons on and off. I must be getting a bit better-- I actually managed to win a couple of those ;) (well, either that or you were taking it easy on me!)

I have raced T-rex multiple times and have not personally noticed anything odd-- if I recall correctly, he's a good sport as well, since he doesn't drop even when he's loosing repeatedly. Here's hoping that he's an honest wiper!

Medusa
20th January 2008, 01:43 AM
Seems to be!:+

zargz
20th January 2008, 01:52 AM
Thanks also to Emwu for the great set of Rapier races, alternating weapons on and offwonder where he got those crazy ideas? 8)

Frances_Penfold
20th January 2008, 01:55 AM
What's your online tag, Medusa? I don't think I've raced your or DMC or Flashback Jack yet despite the fact that, in terms of actual distance, you guys are much closer to where I live than all the folks I race from Europe and Australia :p Go figure!

I rejoined on purpose, so you get to choose the next couple of tracks because I didn't know which you like. But after a while I figured you might not have noticed that :p
Nice couple of races until my signal got weak and I was dropped.

Just noticed your note, there, phl0w-- that makes sense. Sorry I was too dumb not to notice-- it's a great idea, giving the other players a chance to sit in the "driver's seat." I'll try to be more aware next time 8)

Edit-- yes, zargz, you are right! You do the weapon on/off thing regularly as well, first time I had seen that was racing you.

zargz
20th January 2008, 02:28 AM
dmc, the skin is looking Good!

and an observation, my shield don't last long in rapier .. :?

if only two players it's good to pick an uneven nr of tracks to not get a draw ;)

------------

rapier again??! no time for backquakes here ..

can barely react to take the corners :eek

my left thumb hurts halfway through the second tour ..

lastly, sorry about the ocasional bomb on speed pads, they just camuflage so well on them!

I saw your message 'thnx zargz' :)

thanks for racing and forcing me into Rapier! :+

BARTgai
20th January 2008, 02:48 AM
heh, ive had times that i flew into bombs thinking they were speed pads

Ash-Omen
20th January 2008, 06:09 AM
Thanks too Frances Penfold for a good few races nice selection of tracks and speeds its a relief too see a phantom game up when theres all these ppl hosting stupid venom and flash games lol, ill look forwad too racing u again :+

stin
20th January 2008, 09:40 AM
I had a great time last night and would love to do more, especially pretty close race with Medusa on Plant Rush on the last corner which I hit on that friggen concrete tower and finally finished while you hitting me!:blarg.

And the rest were pretty close races the like PHlow, sleeping Swift412 and infected.

emwu23
20th January 2008, 09:58 AM
Thanks also to Emwu for the great set of Rapier races, alternating weapons on and off. I must be getting a bit better-- I actually managed to win a couple of those ;) (well, either that or you were taking it easy on me!)

Frances thanks for this it was really great.
I really like to race in this way sometimes.We all getting better racers.
Ekhm..Zargz that was your original idea.First time Ive played with you in this way.Big thansk for it

Frances_Penfold:
I have raced T-rex multiple times and have not personally noticed anything odd-- if I recall correctly, he's a good sport as well, since he doesn't drop even when he's loosing repeatedly. Here's hoping that he's an honest wiper!

I have the same opinion as Frances about T-Rex29.He never quits ,fights to the end of the race (not like the others who as they see they are losing they just disconect)I had a lot of races with him ,yesterday as well and I really think he is alright racer.

realityhole
20th January 2008, 10:59 AM
ok so the tournament is on, i wont be racing in the third race coz i need some food, but i'll be back for the foruth, sorry if it takes a while to start, oh and i'll be leaving at 12:20 gmt, oh and whoever was shunting me when i wasn't playing is a bit odd

zargz
20th January 2008, 11:09 AM
lol it was stin!

hey, you need to change track now and then .. :?

Beriller
20th January 2008, 11:22 AM
whoever was shunting me when i wasn't playing is a bit odd
he he heee *grins*

Ash-Omen
20th January 2008, 11:35 AM
Thanks DjManiac for some freakin amazing races u really r a challenge shame u got dced on the last race

i look forwad too racing u again

DjManiac21
20th January 2008, 12:42 PM
Yeah, that was such a good session, too bad I lost connection on that one race, my w-lan switch is acting really weird on me, I was ready for more, sorry for that...

Ash-Omen
20th January 2008, 12:45 PM
oh ur connection failed lol theres me thinkin u DC'd accept me on msn i added u

Chrono
20th January 2008, 01:35 PM
There's a couple of us online right now

Rapier Racer
20th January 2008, 01:41 PM
Do we know why the games sometimes leaves you in the lobby during loading when playing online? Is there a way to stop this? It's happening to me more and more and its really ****ing annoying to say the least. :bomb

Ash-Omen
20th January 2008, 02:23 PM
lol its ur connection i used too get that alot but its randomly stopped, now my connection is perfect my psp has decided too punish me by makin my steering fuked up makin me steer too one side and pitch the nose up wen i steer left
:bomb

Frances_Penfold
20th January 2008, 03:54 PM
Do we know why the games sometimes leaves you in the lobby during loading when playing online? Is there a way to stop this? It's happening to me more and more and its really ****ing annoying to say the least. :bomb

Rapier, are you referring to the situation where you can join a game, enter the screen where you can see all of the participants, but never actually start a race?

I experienced this for the first ever just two days ago (Friday), and since then, have had this happen probably 5 or 6 times. I have been trying to figure out whether it is a server problem or if the game starter simply didn't know that you need to push the start button! Or, if the game starter had wandered off for lunch and a smoke.

I don't think it is an internet problem per se because, knock on wood, my connection at home has worked very well so far (no disconnections and minimal lag). It's also apparent that other players that enter these "non-starter" games eventually realize what is happening and quit out after a few minutes-- which suggests it isn't localized to individual participants.

Ah well, hopefully it's just a bump in the road that will be resolved soon ;)

Hellfire_WZ
20th January 2008, 04:00 PM
^^ (touch wood) I've managed to cure that problem by removing one of my custom skins

Rapier Racer
20th January 2008, 04:22 PM
lol its ur connection

I can assure you it is not my internet connection, I'm not one of these people who would join AOL or Tiscali then be silly enough to expect top notch service. I was suspecting custom skins might play a part but wasn't so sure, it seems to be a little random, can happen when I host or simply join. Never used to happen at all, I've heard of more people having this problem of late.

Chrono
20th January 2008, 04:29 PM
I'm sitting on MSN while playing offline if anyone is interested in going online and getting a serious room going

lunar
20th January 2008, 04:46 PM
^^ (touch wood) I've managed to cure that problem by removing one of my custom skins

I think you might have put your finger on it there. I was having problems with races not loading, and also with races not returning to the menus afterwards, offline and online. I had my 3 skins in slots 1, 2 and 4 so I deleted them and re-downloaded them to 1, 2 and 3 and it all improved, though occasionally still the race doesn`t load online. It is definitely worth experimenting with not having any custom skins at all to see if the problem disapears.

Frances_Penfold
20th January 2008, 04:47 PM

Interesting...

I don't have any custom skins but perhaps the game is hanging because other people do?

From what I have seen, it seems that EVERYBODY in a non-starting match experiences the same thing-- i.e., that the match doesn't start-- so I don't think that the problem is unique to particular players.

Hellfire_WZ
20th January 2008, 05:15 PM
It's possible in some cases, but I've had situations where I've been left in the lobby and everyone else has gone into the game. Perhaps it could be caused by a variety of reasons rather than just one?

Medusa
20th January 2008, 09:52 PM
Thanks Hellfire and emwu23 for the races today! Have I got to learn the tracks better or what, lol...

PS - Frances P, my tag online is kiTTun - sometimes I'll add the wz to the end for a game name. See you eventually!

Chrono
20th January 2008, 11:39 PM
Great races all around: Rapier, Ash Omen, g_dmc, and a couple others

Look forward to catching more of you as I get back into online

Frances_Penfold
21st January 2008, 02:49 AM
Wanted to thank Emwu and Flashback_Jack for the AWESOME races tonight on Rapier speeds-- probably this was the most fun that I've had with Pulse to date :)

Flashback's lines through Basilica and Arc Prime are very impressive-- after holding my own (barely) against him on Fort Gale, we started Basilica and he was fwoooooosshhh, gone :lol

Another memorable moment-- last lap, final race on the third tournament, OP7, I see Flashback ahead of me as we go into the final turns, Emwu having already taken first, and then booooooom, contender eliminated-- did Emwu leave a bomb in those last turns? What a crazy ride.

Emwu, as always, great races, and thanks for getting me to race Rapier speeds more often than I would otherwise :) Seems that we are always playing about the same time!

And my apologies I couldn't stay longer-- as much as I really would like to-- I have to get ready for school stuff tomorrow. *mumble grumble mumble*

Flashback Jack
21st January 2008, 03:06 AM
OP7, I see Flashback ahead of me.. and then booooooom, contender eliminated-- did Emwu leave a bomb in those last turns?

Yeah, he did. I was heading down the narrow corridor toward the start/finish, shields critical, and I couldn't avoid it as it had the entire lane to itself. Damn road hog, I tells ya.

My memorable moment was on Metropia Black. I was sandwiched between you both while you had a leech locked onto him. As I was coming up on him, I sunk a set of rockets into his ass for double effectiveness. Heh.

Fun times.

- F

infoxicated
21st January 2008, 08:16 AM
Fun times.
:lol

I had a good race against zargz yesterday where I came into the final corner of Moa Therma White (I think it was) a good way behind him and picked up a turbo. I hit it instantly and got him for 2nd on the finish line by about 0.5mm! So close! :D

mdhay
21st January 2008, 03:08 PM
When are you online, Infox? I've never seen you.

infoxicated
21st January 2008, 03:41 PM
I was on a couple of times over the weekend, but only for an hour or so in total. I'm really not good enough at the latter tracks yet to put up much of a fight on them - same with the faster speed classes.

Plus I found that back quakes from the leader are about the most frustrating aspect of it all - t'was a tournament full of them from del_stepho that had me going back to single player. :rolleyes:

Dogg Thang
21st January 2008, 03:43 PM
I've never even seen a back quake yet in Pulse. I think I've been getting off lightly.

Hellfire_WZ
21st January 2008, 03:52 PM
I've let a couple off, but only when I've been over 10 seconds in front. I just don't trust myself to turn round that quick in a Triakis ;)

It might be because usually it takes a lot to get a lead large enough to be able to let one go without risking the race. Most people are probably being cautious. I know I am, I've had my fair share of them go tits up.

T-Rex29
21st January 2008, 03:55 PM
Thank’s Emwu, Frances and all pilots I have raced the last days. Thank’s for the Rapier races last nights Emwu. First races for me in rapier. Sorry I was always a bit outraced ( 6-8 seconds in general ), but I’m working hard to be just behind you. Just one time I got the first place or maybe you thought : OK I let him one time. :p Thank’s.

Rapier Racer
21st January 2008, 03:55 PM
Oh you have to love doing the backquake :p (could make it into a dance you know) The slightest opportunity I get to do one and away it goes, even if it costs me the race once you start doing it its hard to stop, sort of like a smack addict.

Dogg Thang
21st January 2008, 03:58 PM
Do you actually stop, turn around and let a quake off?

Rapier Racer
21st January 2008, 04:00 PM
Yes thats the way sort of, I don't dead stop, turn, fire. Theres a lot of forward momentum that makes the sharp u turn quick. It's the sweetest when you also hear "contender eliminated"

mdhay
21st January 2008, 04:04 PM
Hellfire, I remember racing you when my battery died - sorry about that.

Frances_Penfold
21st January 2008, 05:16 PM
Yes thats the way sort of, I don't dead stop, turn, fire. Theres a lot of forward momentum that makes the sharp u turn quick. It's the sweetest when you also hear "contender eliminated"

Hah. I am always amused to see a back-quake coming my way-- I usually mutter some swear words but I am still amused :) And yes, it usually involves another WOZ member, probably because (a) most good wipers are here, and you have to be good to use back-quakes effectively; and (b) casual wipers are probably unaware that you can backwards quake.

I don't think I have done any myself, yet, because the only times so far that I could successfully pull it off would be against n00bs-- and it seems too cruel to back-quake somebody that can't even fly their ship straight. Sometime I will try it against some of y'all even if it means I loose the race!

zargz
21st January 2008, 05:16 PM
I had a good race against zargz yesterday where I came into the final corner of Moa Therma White (I think it was) a good way behind him and picked up a turbo. I hit it instantly and got him for 2nd on the finish line by about 0.5mm! So close! :Dyeh, that was a great race - would've been greater if it was me doing the last_straihgt_boost trick but ok :D
we should get together for some more races!

I know what you mean about phantom races(then meaning in the asa, del, kandang caliber).
when they crash my race I normaly race them once to see if I'm still 15 sec behind..
you never know, I might have improved :D
then I leave and start another race and if they join again I leave again :?
that's kinda like if you are an 80kg boxer and they put you in the rink with a guy that is 120kg.
that's why in real life we have classes - F1, F2000 or whatever they are called.
what's the fun in racing someone you Know is gonna beat you Every time with 15sec?
especially for a tournament? bah, forget it!
that's also why it'd be great with a buddy list online and to be able to invite them to a race
coz who are your buddies?
you guessed right - the ones you have most fun racing = people at your level 8)

for a backquake I need to have at least 6 sec and even that's tight.
talking about flash here :p

Asayyeah
21st January 2008, 05:27 PM
No offense zargz but del, kandang, flash, DjM, Mad , me and others are not there at the same time , so if everyone adopts your technique, not sure we gonna race a lot... where's the fun ???

I REALLY don't like your idea at all

zargz
21st January 2008, 05:39 PM
you mean the buddy list?
well, don't many online games have one?
I wouldn't sweat it though coz I don't think there will be one coming for pulse anyway.
also races with your friends can be organised even through msn or irc.
the only thing a buddy list would do is make it much easier.
actually I'm not even sure if you can invite your buddies to a specific race/game straight from your list in general
but atleast knowing if and who of your mates are there is good.
then you can find them speed freaks faster too.

Chrono
21st January 2008, 06:23 PM
DJ, Ash, and myself are all online right now. Drop us a line on MSN

phl0w
21st January 2008, 07:02 PM
If you don't care losing the race, why not drop back to last place and fire a Quake? :lol
I did it just once on Vertica Black up the mag lock...

There are very good people online, that's definitely true zargz, but I'd not go that far as to think they are per se better and will beat me by 15secs everytime. Seeing that everybody can pull off a good time that makes it into the top 5 on wipeout-game.com with enough concentration and practice, I'd say that the contributing factor to those guys' winning so much is their focus on the game when it's needed and adopting their line in an instant when the racing line is not clear, again a matter of concentration.
On Phantom I can race 4 PL online just to completely lose it on my fifth because I get too careless thinking the ship practically races home on it's own at that state of the race- wrong! ;)

Although I wouldn't mind having some sort of buddy list (or a list of contenders without having to join a game) that shows you what races they're participating in, then again, the amount of people racing online is pretty manageable and sooner or later you'll meet them.

Ash-Omen
21st January 2008, 07:02 PM
DoggThang nice tourney we had and then the race after was alittle screwed up lol i got headstart and stopped waited then we raced abit then i got connection error and psp crashed :/

Dogg Thang
21st January 2008, 07:13 PM
Yeah, was a nice tournament. I was gutted blowing up on outpost 7. Had to watch you guys fight it out. You race well!

zargz
21st January 2008, 07:22 PM
There are very good people online, that's definitely true zargz, but I'd not go that far as to think they are per se better and will beat me by 15secs everytime.true. that's why I race them now and then too see how much I've improved :D
last two days I've done some rapier racing online and won some one on ones *waves to stin and dmc*
so in a month I might be hosting some rapier races! 8)

Although I wouldn't mind having some sort of buddy list (or a list of contenders without having to join a game) that shows you what races they're participating in, then again, the amount of people racing online is pretty manageable and sooner or later you'll meet them.nothing beats seeing directly who's online but well,
if you got them on msn then you'll know anyway. the problem is not everyone is on msn :?

infoxicated
21st January 2008, 07:26 PM
I'm with zargz - I'd rather have a close, intense race with evenly matched people than get my ass handed to me by someone who waltzes off into the distance and fires back-quakes at me for three laps.

No fun in that at all.

Asayyeah
21st January 2008, 07:40 PM
I think i am gonna stick to zone mode: at least i won't be ban from few people. :brickwall
Happy competition guys

Rapier Racer
21st January 2008, 07:40 PM
If you don't care losing the race, why not drop back to last place and fire a Quake?

And where does the satisfaction in doing that come from? Not only are you risking the lead ship getting out of quake range but its more avoidable, fire it into someones face and they have much less time to do anything about it, also more chance of it hitting all the ships.

Ash-Omen
21st January 2008, 08:11 PM
waltzes off into the distance and fires back-quakes at me for three laps.

lol ive done that twice online its halariouse :g

infoxicated
21st January 2008, 08:15 PM
For you, I'm sure it is.

For the other players it's not a great advertisment for online multiplayer WipEout.

Ash-Omen
21st January 2008, 08:19 PM
yeah that came across my mind that the player would think "this games screwed up" but ive heard about and it decided too see if it works and indeed it does lol

CR4SH3D
21st January 2008, 11:43 PM
just wanted to say thanks to zargz for some damn close (on some occasions) races, was the most fun ive had online so far, no lag, a few people, and someone whos only just infront ;) good racing man!

just wondered what you thought of my lines on those times you were behind me for a little, anyways happy racing!

-DIGI-Kore

Chrono
22nd January 2008, 12:03 AM
`ugh no more smoking before I race, didn't turn out well.

Ash-Omen
22nd January 2008, 12:37 AM
haha works well for me but ur not used too playin it in that "state" lol too busy goin whoa!

ZenDJiNN
22nd January 2008, 12:47 AM
Hey, T-Rex29 - We're still racing ..... :) Just wanted to say thanks for some really great racing. Ooops, Arc Prime's calling! :)

zargz
22nd January 2008, 01:02 AM
CR4SH3D/DIGI-Kore

aw!! so it was you??! I thought it was a japanese guy :lol
why won't people have the same nick everywhere? unless it's johnny or something :p

about the racelines - we can check them next time with some no weapons races!
when I'm behind anyone I try to stay the heck out of their racing line
so I don't catch a bomb or mines from them :eek
my race line on every track is - shortest way from apex to apex and same for speed pads, for TT.
then in multiplayed you got the weapon pads to concider as well .. but that's another story! :nod

nice racing you finally! :+

T-Rex29
22nd January 2008, 01:59 AM
Thank’s Zendjinn, very nice racing. :D I think we got the same time in a race : 5 points for you and 5 points for me. You seen that ? I know you are still racing but I should go sleeping. Lot of work in a few hours.:-

ZenDJiNN
22nd January 2008, 02:24 AM
T-Rex29...... Great racing indeed. You were on my tail quite a bit there, it was super! I didn't notice the points thing though.

I know what you mean about work.... :- When you left the race i decided to call it a night anyway, as i've got to get some sleep as well. It's addictive isn't it? and the hours just fly by! :)

See you some other time, hopefully soon. :g

CR4SH3D
22nd January 2008, 02:45 AM
//zargz
haha wish i was jap ;) what made you think that?

cr4sh3d was already taken :(

i did race you ages ago too but the race times are alot closer now, kept thinking i could just take you but never held the lead, was so fun though, good idea with the thankyou game too

Frances_Penfold
22nd January 2008, 03:14 AM
Hopefully the skill discrepancy between WOZ members will diminish over time, such that it is not frustrating for either the more skilled or the less skilled to race together :)

I think i am gonna stick to zone mode: at least i won't be ban from few people. :brickwall

I'll race with you, Asayyeah! What time are you guys on? Early evening GMT? It seems that I don't overlap with you or Mad-Ice very much.

Also-- thanks again to Emwu for the great races tonight at Rapier speeds! Sorry I couldn't stay for more than the two tournaments, had to get ready for school tomorrow *ugh*

the_Admiral
22nd January 2008, 09:15 AM
Cheers Emwu and Frances_Penfold for the Rapier races and Tourney last night. I still need a load more practice to break out of that online Flash comfort zone :clap.

Can't believe I managed to go from 1st to 3rd on that forth race of the tournament just as we all seemed to cross the line to finish :frown:. (Well that's how it looked on my PSP, I know latency can make the game look different to each of us). Its a shame the tournaments don't display the times everyone records as well as the race points scored.

I look forward to the next online session...

phl0w
22nd January 2008, 10:40 AM
Just wanted to apologize to emwu (don't know if he's a member here) that I dropped after 6 or 7 races on Rapier Basilico. I didn't see any ships on that last race and was disconnected a few moments after that (something about Problems connecting to the server bla) :brickwall When I couldn't reconnect I called it a night because I had to get up early today. I hope you still think of me as a fair sportsman, what with that race having been our first 1-on-1 and all.

On a different note: What is up with people constantly starting and aborting games? I was in line for a tournament, but that guy kept starting the race only to abort it moments later when the countdown reached 0. He did that for about 10(!) minutes, by then everybody's left obviously. Or is that some kind of bug, because I don't remember being able to cancel a game, once I pressed "Start race".

Just remember that you were there too, Admiral. So apologies to you as well!

the_Admiral
22nd January 2008, 11:29 AM
phl0w....

Yep I was in that tournament where it just kept counting down endlessly :(. One time we did actually begin a race, but when the announcer said go everyone stopped dead on the start line. All of the ships proceeded to crash into each other until a disconnect timer terminated the game?!? I guess there may have been a server issue rather than the host messing around, but who knows?

On another note, do people still use the IRC channel 'cos I set it up a few days ago, but nobody ever seems to be on it. Unless I'm using it wrongly of course :brickwall

zargz
22nd January 2008, 11:48 AM
On a different note: What is up with people constantly starting and aborting games?that's the same bug as when you get left behind in the lobby when the race starts
if you have that, then when you start a race you can't start it.
the counter goes to 0 and nothing happens. if you press Ring like when you want to leave a race
but cancel that command then you get back and the menu is there so you can try to start again ..
it won't work though if you got 'the bug', so it must have been that what happened to you.

though I've seen someone stop the clock in mid count down so I tryed it and it does work.
if you have 3 people or so and you have started the countdown anbd you see 2 more ppl trying to get in
coz you know they will be refused if if the tool thing is still there
so if you want to allow therm in then you can press ring and cancel - you'll be back there to let them join and start the cd again 8)

T-Rex29
22nd January 2008, 12:00 PM
Zendjinn, I have to improve my skills to see other parts than your tail. Problem is finding time. Addictive ? Absolutely.
Infoxicated, saw you yesterday in a little tournament. I got the lead in the first races but in the last race you killed me in corner :evil . Father dead, the son was there and he won the tournament :). Great races.
Hi Admiral, good fights with you the other night. Thank’s.
Thank's also all pilots I forgot, for sharing these greats times.:+

Frances_Penfold
22nd January 2008, 01:44 PM
Cheers Emwu and Frances_Penfold for the Rapier races and Tourney last night. I still need a load more practice to break out of that online Flash comfort zone :clap.

Can't believe I managed to go from 1st to 3rd on that forth race of the tournament just as we all seemed to cross the line to finish :frown:. (Well that's how it looked on my PSP, I know latency can make the game look different to each of us). Its a shame the tournaments don't display the times everyone records as well as the race points scored.

I look forward to the next online session...

Hi, Adm1ral! Yes, those were great games-- hope to see you on future games as well :)

If the fourth race you describe is the one I remember (Metropia White maybe?) I got a turbo pickup on the home stretch and boosted at the last moment-- you and Emwu and I were in a tight pack and it was unclear what position I received until the score board went up. It was definitely a photo-finish. I agree that it is unfortunately that times are not displayed in tournament races because it would help with interpreting results in a close race!

Hope to see you around!

infoxicated
22nd January 2008, 01:50 PM
Hey T-Rex29 - I set that four race tourney up while I was making dinner. Over cooked the peas and the mash was hella sloppy, but at least I managed to win a race. Sorry about the elimination - must have been a fluke, as I spend most of the time absorbing in my EG-X. :)

My last race was sabotaged by my daughter, who wandered in to find me sitting on the kitchen floor and wanted to sit on my lap to watch - this does not make for an easy final lap! :dizzy

Stardragon88
22nd January 2008, 02:19 PM
Good races with emwu23 and mdhay_wz :) Me and Azeris had to go off to meet friends in another game.

Hope to see you all again. :rock

mdhay
22nd January 2008, 02:37 PM
I can't remember another time when I said c**p so many times. :D

kekken3
22nd January 2008, 02:58 PM
Very nice set with Emwu and Mikee (not sure if I wrote it right). Ah, sweet speed! After so much Flash casual races have put me trough, Phantom felt like playing a whole new game. :hyper
GGs and play ya soon!

--

Ah, and a suggestion for the forum. Since the advent of online gaming, competitive forums have begun to offer users the possibility to fill their gamertags for online services like XBL or PSN in their profile, so they are shown under the users avatar on forum posts. It facilitates threads like this and generally helps people recognize players met in games and or go online and recognize people from the boards. I know Kandang has made a nice list, but would it be possible to implement something like this in WZ as well?

Maybe something on the line of this:
http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/3366/onlinetagsci5.png

mdhay
22nd January 2008, 03:12 PM
No need for it - already done but we have a field for this on our profile.

And your pulse tag is your PS3 ID.

CR4SH3D
22nd January 2008, 03:21 PM
but then you have to view someones profile to work out whether its someone you raced or not? :S

it wouldnt be too hard, just mimik the line of php that shows the user rating (Phantom Pilot etc) and change it to use the PSN-ID field from the database

kekken3
22nd January 2008, 03:25 PM
Huh, haven't noticed it. :redface:
Yeah, the idea was also to have it displayed somewhere alongside the avatar, nickname and other relevant data in order to be visible in every post.
Also many PS3 players use more than one account so I thought it would be better to list the specific ones used for the two online-enabled wipeouts. But ok, having it in the profile is already better than nothing. :+

Alucioj
22nd January 2008, 03:51 PM
I like kekken3s' logic on this. It is displayed on the profile but you have to click a specific user to see it whereas if its displayed beside their avatar when they post you could see their PSN/Wipeout tag for online gaming so you can associate between the two quicker and more easily.

Rapier Racer
22nd January 2008, 04:13 PM
Yeah that sounds like a cool idea. Aaahh Kekken is Yoseep I knew the name was someone on here that used a different online tag but who I was asking myself, mystery solved :)

Alucioj
22nd January 2008, 04:44 PM
grr thats 4 times now every time I try and go online it takes me to the 'Search for universes' screen and freezes then resets my PSP...its not my connection and Ive been able to get online before. This has happened once before.

Anyone suffered this? Any solutions?

phl0w
22nd January 2008, 04:55 PM
do people still use the IRC channel
Sure,it's always fun there.
Be sure to connect to Quakenet! Only there will you find the #wipeoutzone channel associated with this site.

CR4SH3D
22nd January 2008, 06:21 PM
//Alucioj
i havent had that specific problem bu mine connectx uploads profile etc then finds a problem, i just have to keep trying :(

the_Admiral
22nd January 2008, 06:50 PM
Sure,it's always fun there.
Be sure to connect to Quakenet! Only there will you find the #wipeoutzone channel associated with this site.

Thanks for that phl0w, I wasn't connecting to Quakenet like you say, doh!! :brickwall

mdhay
22nd January 2008, 08:11 PM
I BEAT GOD_of:turd!

I am the Feisar man

I can't beleive it, Good race crashed, ahem, Digi-kore.

CR4SH3D
22nd January 2008, 08:38 PM
//mdhay
uuuuuh when was that race then? i cant remember who i was playing, it was laggy but some close finishes, was it you in the tourney?

and good job beating GOL

mdhay
22nd January 2008, 08:40 PM
It was the one with God of lord in on Talons junction. I think you were in it.

CR4SH3D
22nd January 2008, 08:43 PM
It was the one with God of lord in on Talons junction. I think you were in it.
oh i cant remember :P i must have zoned out or something, seemed a good race though

ZenDJiNN
23rd January 2008, 01:07 AM
Hey Frances_Penfold - Thanks for some great races, and apologies for being such a crap racer.... you deserve better than me dude, i don't know where you get all that speed from! :g

Alucioj
23rd January 2008, 01:17 AM
//Alucioj
i havent had that specific problem bu mine connectx uploads profile etc then finds a problem, i just have to keep trying :(

I searched on the official site and found this...
http://community.eu.playstation.com/showthread.php?t=182615

and their suggestion is to reset your router and it works and so I tried that and it didnt work :g then played online for 3hours or so! Shout out to anyone I played versus, tried to set up a WipeoutZone Tournament which seemed to get people dont know if all were WOZers.

Anyway I really hope this was a one off blip with the online mode freezing and then resetting my PSP but I have a solution' just a pain to keep restarting my router!

If anyone else has suffered the 'Searching for universes' screen freezing on them let me know, Im curious to see how obscure or not this fault it; Cheers.

Also has anyone ever played online and had their ship lose control (without an opponent firing at you obviously) and wont go in a straight line just veers off to the right? - If I remember correct this just after an attack and my ship was regaining thrust again but went wonky.
This happened to me in one race where I couldnt pilot my ship in a straight line it seemed to keep going right for about 15 seconds. Weird but only happened once out of 3 hours + of online WP gaming.

Im thinking maybe it was my internet connection?!

Medusa
23rd January 2008, 03:18 AM
Sounds like you have either a sticky R-button or a sticky D-pad button or a sticky analog nub. I've had all three happen and it started just once in awhile like you mention, just needs a cleaning.

Frances_Penfold
23rd January 2008, 03:35 AM
Just a thanks to Emwu and q_dmc and ZenDjinn for the fun races tonight :)

Hey Frances_Penfold - Thanks for some great races, and apologies for being such a crap racer.... you deserve better than me dude

Oh, nonsense, you race very well and beat me on several races :nod Heck, in a couple of weeks, you'll probably be kicking my ass left, right and center!

Hope to see y'all online again soon!

Alucioj
23rd January 2008, 03:41 AM
Sounds like you have either a sticky R-button or a sticky D-pad button or a sticky analog nub. I've had all three happen and it started just once in awhile like you mention, just needs a cleaning.

ahh k, maybe because I was playing for so long! Cheers mate.

zargz
23rd January 2008, 05:35 PM
wow! just entered a tourney and:

1.got the cam bug - it zoomed out and then got stuck on a corner. had to race internal!!

nice visuals for when you get drained, when on magstrips
and awesome for the shield from internal :D
also BRs :dizzy

2. got also the wrong way message but not all the time it would apere then dissapere.

3. my shield was ticking down, also came and went :eek

4. it said it was the 1st lap all the time

5. there were 2 zargz' and two of another guy till he dropped out

I'm not that observant it's just i raced all 4 races under these conditions so i had time to observe all :s

6. on the last race, by then there were just two of us racing,
I was first but I got a lock with the missiles anyway
so I shot and I HIT!!! something .. ??
didn't see anything though when I was 'passing it'

talk about getting ALL the bugs at once! http://geocities.com/zargz/leenden/lol.gif

infoxicated
23rd January 2008, 07:15 PM
There were two zargz'? :o

That's so much more zargz than I ever thought possible! ;)

supersocks
23rd January 2008, 08:08 PM
He posted an image of evidence in the Cheater-spotting -thread.

Frances_Penfold
24th January 2008, 12:44 AM
I have definitely seen the cloning thing happen before-- not with myself but with other people (lunar, as I recall-- this was discussed somewhere). Wierd stuff.

Anyhow, thanks to Stin and Lunar for the great races tonight :)

Also raced somebody named Triangul-r who was pretty good.

lunar
24th January 2008, 12:51 AM
Frances P you`re a very fast racer, congrats on those wins. :nod That was the best fun I`ve had yet with Pulse online, but I need to practice rapier a bit more to really compete with you and Stin on that speed. That has restored my faith in fair play and fast racing online, thx to you both. Anyway I think I`ve done enough post-race calming down and can go to sleep now. Race again soon I hope. :)

CR4SH3D
24th January 2008, 03:50 AM
//ZARGZ
when you hit 'something' from my experience thats actually where the opponent is and the ships image is way behind or infront

also youll see weapons firing from mid air with no other ships around, its very weird but when it works the feeling is awesome :P

stin
24th January 2008, 07:58 AM
Yeah, I had a great night with Lunar and Frances_Penfold and other guys I can`t remember.:redface:

Anyway, I had to stay up pretty late for cool lover (my wife) while she is at her friend`s party. She was suppose to phone me at midnight but I decided to go and pick her up at 1:30am! and eventually got home and went to bed at 3:30 am but I had to get up at 7:45 for my daughter, so she can get to her school!
Plenty of sleep!:brickwall

kekken3
24th January 2008, 11:33 AM
GGs to mdhay, supersox and a third player I can't remember. :beer

rejj
24th January 2008, 12:39 PM
Well, I just thought I'd have a dabble online and just got thoroughly destroyed by stin.
Can I use the "it's half past midnight where I am" excuse card? ;)

lunar
24th January 2008, 12:46 PM
Sure you can, it never fails ;)

There`s also "I`m not used to this speed class", "I`m just trying out this ship" and "that was very laggy at my end", they all work for me. :D

Flashback Jack
24th January 2008, 01:12 PM
The classic ones are "I'm drunk" or "I'm stoned" or "on the phone" or "somebody was at the door." :)

- F

QirexAAX
24th January 2008, 02:31 PM
Living on a farm gives you some great (true) excuses, which have mainly come up while playing World of Warcraft: "Sorry, I just had to get some cattle off the road"; "Sorry, I just had to grade an extra ton of potatoes for an irate haulier"; "Sorry, the vet just arrived to perform a caeserian section and I had to assist."

q_dmc12
24th January 2008, 06:58 PM
Thanks to Mad-Ice and the rest who raced me :)

zargz
24th January 2008, 10:06 PM
// sox

thanx for the races!
and I'm sorry for your connection - I'm guessing it left you in the lobby a couple of times .. :?

this happened to me today in the day a couple of times so I just quit.
but now it's working again so it's kinda random for me too .. :(

stin
25th January 2008, 09:30 AM
I did played online last night while lying on my bed!:p

Lunar, I did see you and played but my psp went frozed!:o, took me ages to get up and running, but you not there in the end.:( Sorry about that mate.

So, I did played up to 12.30am! and I had to get to sleep!:naughty<--I`m naughty.

I think, I`ve played tooooo much Pulse!:hyper

stevie:)

QirexAAX
25th January 2008, 09:45 AM
Hey stin, I believe I was in a tournament with you last night. You beat me every round, of course... :(

stin
25th January 2008, 09:54 AM
Yes, so you did after I checked your profile and also I did played with Kanar too.

Good races though and I should be ok for online late afternoon and possibly all night. Yes I`m insane but I`m loving it every minute.

infoxicated
25th January 2008, 10:19 AM
I cant remember who asked... or where, but I've added the PLAYSTATION®Network ID field to the bit that shows above your post. Sorry to whoever suggested it for forgetting you - good idea. :+

Rapier Racer
25th January 2008, 11:07 AM
I think it was Kekken, nice addition 8) Also some good races with stevie just there, 8 race phantom tour which ended up as a draw. A really unskilled draw mind you since Assegai was the order of the day.

lunar
25th January 2008, 11:30 AM
LOL RR

No worries about last night Stevie, it turned out to be a quite violent but good fun tour, though somehow an Assegai won it! I`ll try to be online tonight, but hopefully you won`t be racing phantom. :cold

CR4SH3D
25th January 2008, 04:20 PM
//infoxicated
awesome :) thanks very much, im sure itll come in handy for alot of people

Alucioj
25th January 2008, 04:49 PM
I cant remember who asked... or where, but I've added the PLAYSTATION®Network ID field to the bit that shows above your post. Sorry to whoever suggested it for forgetting you - good idea. :+

Yep it was Kekken3, great addition, thanks!

Frances_Penfold
25th January 2008, 09:49 PM
Hi, Alucioj, was it you I was playing online last night (Thursday night)?

It was somebody with a tag similar to your name-- anyways, great matches! Hope to see you online again soon :)

Hopefully there will be more folks online tonight (Friday night) than last night-- I searched for a good long time before getting lucky and finding Alucioj!

Alucioj
25th January 2008, 10:19 PM
Yep it certainly was me :)

Sorry I wasnt much competition for you still relatively new to the game, I could tell from the start of the race that you were going to destroy me but I stuck with it; hope I can offer more of a challenge in the future!

I was playing early morning in the UK like 3am :D on holiday from college so am using the time to my advantage!

Couple of online observations ::

Firstly because Im new to the game any speed quicker than Flash isnt happening for me. Its not even enjoyable; at worst I last 4 corners before exploding lol OR I spend the whole race last trying to absorb anything I pick you prevent myself from exploding. Clearly I need more practise and need to know these courses inside out plus the fact that Im only at grid 6 some of the tracks used Ive never seen before.

Ive had some issues tonight with joining and hosting games, it seems to stall after doing the countdown then either just stays on the player list screen or takes me into the game then kicks me out claiming the game has ended; what gives? Buggy Wipeout server tonight?

Ash-Omen
25th January 2008, 11:15 PM
i had that a couple times tonight its anoying could be ur own connection 1 way too fix a few problems i found was disabling uPnP on ur router exspecially if u have a wii or a ds with uPnP on they screw up the connection some how. my guess is they configure the router too work better with them but screw it up for psp... typical nintendo :naughty

Alucioj
25th January 2008, 11:21 PM
Nope definitely not wii or ds, I have neither!

Ive found it happens when the countdown begins and then someone joins too late but the game seems to kick them out........as far as Im concerned my connection is on point tonight so thats why Im thinking its the WP servers because previous nights ive been fine!

Ash-Omen
25th January 2008, 11:24 PM
lol yer the people joining last second is wat screws it up for me too, but the uPnP wii and ds thing is wat stopped my psp from randomly crashing online and wen signing in. jus informing incase anyone has this problem

Alucioj
25th January 2008, 11:33 PM
Yep, good to be aware of this and I'll certainly keep tabs on mine.

Frances_Penfold
25th January 2008, 11:45 PM
I just got frozen out of a match with T-rex and Alucioj-- and I think that Asayeah had just joined as well :( First time I had seen that happen. It wasn't in the match itself, it was afterwards, in the lobby screen.

Oh well, I am re-booting and coming back and looking for y'all!

Update-- tried again, and got disconnected while trying to join a game... hmmm...