PDA

View Full Version : 2007-12-11: WipEout-Game.com Live!

infoxicated
11th December 2007, 04:06 PM
WipEout-Game.com (http://www.wipeout-game.com/), the official site for all things WipEout, has gone live today in anticipation of the launch of WipEout Pulse.

From there you'll be able to create ship skins for use in WipEout Pulse after logging in with your PLAYSTATION®Network account. Plus you can sync your profile with the site for tedium free record entry - no typing them in by hand for the FX400 Racing League. There's other stuff, too - team back stories, wallpaper, that kind of thing.

lunar
11th December 2007, 05:03 PM
Rob, that is just too awesome for words. :clap The rankings page looks a dream come true, just incredible - the whole thing is.

CR4SH3D
11th December 2007, 07:49 PM
its a very nice site :) great to view the craft on

and the skin editor is awesome! its like a proper skinning app

mdhay
11th December 2007, 08:09 PM
YES! It is Psp compatible
Yeeehaaaawww:cowboy!

infoxicated
11th December 2007, 09:02 PM
I wont even begin to tell you what a pain in the ass that was.

;)

Asayyeah
11th December 2007, 09:03 PM
You did an awesome job in a short time Rob : congrats :rock

I checked the whole site and can't wait to upload my future stats :hyper

This site will also be a bridge between Pulse and the other future wipeouts! wow ! impressed :o

Rapier Racer
11th December 2007, 10:47 PM
It is indeed a great site, I just spent 2 and a half hours working to perfect my Assegai's new look, still not 100% finished to my satisfaction, but I must sleep, so till tomorrow.

Colin Berry
12th December 2007, 12:01 AM
Its late and i'm just checking out the site and here and I'm sitting here with a cup of tea feeling pretty proud of what we've done.

Pure was a massive achievement in a tight time, Pulse is everything we wanted to do back then and more, and the website for me is the icing on the cake and I particularly salute Rob and the work he has done over the past few months because right now, it proves it was worth it.

I think we did ok Bob :D

stin
12th December 2007, 07:17 AM
Rob, the amount of work you put in, is pretty awesome, you should be proud of yourself:clap

But Don`t forget, thank you for all the workers who designs this Pulse.

Lastly, I`m so glad to meet WipEout guys and thank you for making us welcome.

Cheers from me :beer

stevie:)

eLhabib
12th December 2007, 09:11 AM
Wow, now that's what I call a complete KICK-A$$ website for a game! Great work! So I guess this will make ranking boards for Pulse and HD on WOZone obsolete?

infoxicated
12th December 2007, 09:25 AM
Sort of, I guess.

DjManiac21
12th December 2007, 10:35 AM
Did you guys noticed that the icon in the browser, next to the url is animated in the same way as the one of this forum???

Rip off... :blarg

Nah, just kiddin, awesome work, we have enough Wipeout to last until long! :D

See you guys online!

infoxicated
12th December 2007, 10:37 AM
I did actually mean to replace that, because I did it earlier this year just after I did the one for this site. :D

So it is a rip off, in so much as you can rip off yourself...! ;)

Flashback Jack
12th December 2007, 04:01 PM
Looks like there are already cheaters in the rankings. Take a gander at the 26-second lead "kido579" has on KANDANG in the Single Race/Best Race/Venom/Metropia White table.

I know for a fact KANDANG is a far better than average player, so unless there was a transmission/interpretation error by the website, suspect h4x.

- F

infoxicated
12th December 2007, 04:12 PM
Race times that appear to have a whole lap missing have been caused by bug. We'll work on a way of filtering them out of the site.

Rest assured that the times aren't being caused by cheaters.

Flashback Jack
12th December 2007, 04:33 PM
That's reassuring, because overt hacks are one thing, but if it were possible to subtly tweak laptimes through, say, savefile editing, it would completely kill off the excitement for everyone wishing to compete on even terms.

Pulse's savefiles are encrypted, yes?

- F

Dogg Thang
12th December 2007, 07:14 PM
Ooh! I'm top of Platinum Rush! I must bask in that as it will not last long and I'll likely never make it to a leaderboard again.

As huge of a WO fan I am, I've always been pretty rubbish.

Rapier Racer
12th December 2007, 08:33 PM
I like the little team messages that appear in the box. I don't know why Assegai feel the need the recruit though.... :p;)

Lion
13th December 2007, 01:11 AM
As huge of a WO fan I am, I've always been pretty rubbish.you aren't alone ;) right there with you buddy

alterego
13th December 2007, 09:56 AM
Hi All.

I want to know 'God of Lord'!!!

Who is this guy?

With Feisar on Moa Therma W. 33.38!!!

How does he made this fantastic time?

Read You Soon
CdRom

DjManiac21
13th December 2007, 09:59 AM
yeah, that was a sad surprise for me today :(

It's a good time, but knowing all of you here, I know this is just starting to warm up ;)

Chrono
13th December 2007, 12:40 PM
Wee for stats. I'm doing fair, need to learn Mauro's secrets though

Mobius
13th December 2007, 03:00 PM
I was looking at the stats tables and I noticed a few tracks I'd never heard of...

Vostok Reef
Orcus
Edgewinter
Gemini Dam(I've posted this elsewhere, but I think it was in the wrong place :))

DjManiac21
13th December 2007, 06:18 PM
sorry for making the thread longer, but, any idea why I can't upload my profile now? Is it only me or maybe there maintenance??

and sorry for the inconvenience

G'Kyl
13th December 2007, 08:10 PM
I was looking at the stats tables and I noticed a few tracks I'd never heard of...

Most most probably the name of download tracks to come.

Chrono
14th December 2007, 02:01 PM
sorry for making the thread longer, but, any idea why I can't upload my profile now? Is it only me or maybe there maintenance??

and sorry for the inconvenience

Looks like the site has been down, sorta, for a day or so. It's not allowing people to edit skins or look at the records.

infoxicated
14th December 2007, 02:30 PM
It was updated on Thursday afternoon, I know that much, and there seems to have been an issue with the deployment to the production server. I haven't been in work today, either, because my wee girl is sick and I had to stay home with her, but I cant see it being fixed until next week because whatever caused the issue will have to be properly investigated.

mdhay
14th December 2007, 03:02 PM
I can't edit skins either, must be my connection at my school. I'm not bothered about skins, anyway.

Get well soon to your daughter, infox.

RJ O'Connell
14th December 2007, 06:07 PM
I like the little team messages that appear in the box. I don't know why Assegai feel the need the (sic) recruit though...
I also like how they talk about their upgraded Triakis shields when it appears that they have one of the least durable ships in the game (aside from Icaras). Perhaps Triakis is ripping them off?

infoxicated
14th December 2007, 06:17 PM
There is actually tons more backstory for each team, with each of them having a Press Release, a "databite", and an extended overview. However, this took the word count for the site up to around 12,000 words and we were running out of time to get it localised for launch, so the overviews were cut to halve the word count for a quick turnaround.

What you see on the team pages is the databite, but hopefully we'll get the overviews localised and added to the site early next year.

Rapier Racer
14th December 2007, 06:27 PM
Perhaps Triakis is ripping them off?

Not the idea I got from reading the text, I got the impression Assegai were incapable of developing their own shields to the current strength without harming the crafts agility, so they call in some amour experts, keeping in mind whatever armor Triakis/Assegai came up with would have to very light. So basically without Triakis the Assegais shield would be even weaker or the craft would be less agile like the one in Pure.

cybrpnk
14th December 2007, 06:35 PM
i've tried for the last 4 days to log in to the site, but everytime i log in it says my session has expired and to log in again...help!!!

infoxicated
14th December 2007, 06:40 PM
That's what I had in mind, Stephen. :+

Have you tried using different browsers, Agent Orange?

cybrpnk
14th December 2007, 06:42 PM
yeah...i thought it was firefox then i tried ie...but still no results

:(

infoxicated
14th December 2007, 06:43 PM
Weird - I see there's no help on the PlayStation Store, either... sorry man - I have no idea.

cybrpnk
14th December 2007, 06:48 PM
ARGH!!!

this is frustrating...Colin...anyone...what am i doing wrong here??? i have my sign-in and password right...i can log in to the PSN on my PS3...but when I try and get into the WipEout website...it keeps expiring...the exact words are

session expired. please log in again.

Task
14th December 2007, 08:30 PM
session expired. please log in again.
Sounds like something's eating your cookies. If you've got cookies enabled, but they expire or get deleted immediately, you'd probably see something like this. Turn off "helper" software that "cleans up for you".
Disable everything like that that you can, and try again.

That's the best I can suggest for ya'.

Rapier Racer
14th December 2007, 09:01 PM
That's what I had in mind, Stephen. :+

Excellent, what do I win?

infoxicated
14th December 2007, 09:47 PM
Advanced polymer shielding, courtesy of Triakis. ;)

CR4SH3D
15th December 2007, 12:18 AM
//agent orange
i got that, it was while theyre were doign maintanence i think, it stopped people logging in

DjManiac21
15th December 2007, 12:39 AM
It seems the site is up, allowing me to upload my profile and edit skins, however, we are still unable to upload ghosts. I understand that a lot of work is going into fixing the site. I´m just leting people know the current status. Thanks for the hard work, the game is a great experience online.

Roz
17th December 2007, 11:26 AM
Just wanted to point out that the wallpaper for Icaras link, points to nothing! Other than that, great work =)

infoxicated
17th December 2007, 11:47 AM
Well found, Roz - Icaras are the only team whose file names were in lowercase - which is why the uppercase links are broken.

I'll get those fixed as soon as I can, but until then you can find the Icaras wallpaper here;

Rapier Racer
17th December 2007, 05:58 PM
Oooooh someone spelled Icaras with a U :g

Lance
17th December 2007, 06:01 PM
With a <u>? GASP
Sacrilige!

Dogg Thang
17th December 2007, 06:46 PM
Someone will get fired for that blunder. And at Christmas too. Bad time of year for it. Still, they've only themselves to blame.

RJ O'Connell
18th December 2007, 03:44 AM
I got the impression Assegai were incapable of developing their own shields to the current strength without harming the crafts agility, so they call in some amour experts, keeping in mind whatever armor Triakis/Assegai came up with would have to very light. So basically without Triakis the Assegais shield would be even weaker or the craft would be less agile like the one in Pure.
Hm. I see your point there - though it is still a drop-off from Pure level shielding.

As for the spelling error....*deploys quake*

cybrpnk
18th December 2007, 09:28 AM
hey all...
was wondering, is anyone here having trouble logging into the site??? i've been trying the last few days, at home, on all 3 computers, at work, at uni...something seems to be wrong with my sign in id and password which seems to work fine on my ps3...:(

Hellfire_WZ
18th December 2007, 08:58 PM
I can't access the site from the PSP either, doesn't even attempt to. Screen goes dark as though it's about to log in, but it just takes me back to the main menu. If I go through the browser from outside the game it gives me a DNS error, but can access any other site.

I can access it fine from the PC though...

EDIT: It's okay, sorted now :)

CR4SH3D
18th December 2007, 10:33 PM
DNS is to do witih your router as far as im aware
mine stops me getting the internet and i get a DNS error when trying the "repair connection" turn your router off for 10 then back on

Lion
19th December 2007, 04:47 AM
the teams page is pretty broken in the PS3 browser, it even has a dead image on the AG Systems profile.

infoxicated
19th December 2007, 08:21 AM
I know. :+

Spaceboy Gajo
19th December 2007, 04:12 PM
Hey Rob, I've got nothing to report but good things about wipoeut-game.com. You did an amazing job on the official site. I am glad that Sony or whoever it was made a one stop shop for our beloved series. The site's been bookmarked and feels good to check out regularly what's happening in the wild world of antigrav sports of the FX series.

PS - Especially love the team history and the logo evolution :)

RJ O'Connell
19th December 2007, 05:57 PM
Any plans to expand the site into detail with info on games from 1995-2002 (in other words, WipEout to Fusion?) Probably a bit much to ask but just wondering.

Also, get a look at the F7200 Piranha logo. Notice anything unusual about it?

Asayyeah
20th December 2007, 09:33 AM
Site is working fine for me and it rocks Rob :+

One thing people have already noticed maybe is the inversion of Basilico into the tables : the white version fits with the black score and vice versa

infoxicated
20th December 2007, 09:38 AM
I'll get that looked at Arnaud. :+

Any plans to expand the site into detail with info on games from 1995-2002 (in other words, WipEout to Fusion?) Probably a bit much to ask but just wondering.

Also, get a look at the F7200 Piranha logo. Notice anything unusual about it?
We do plan to extend the games section to cover more of them, but it's not a high priority.

If you're referring to the spelling being "corrected" on that logo... don't look at me, I get the assets from the graphic designers! :D

kowareta|vojeet
20th December 2007, 10:57 AM
Who is responsible for the german localization, because there are some discrepancies!?

infoxicated
20th December 2007, 11:34 AM
I think Max already said there were some weird bits. If you send me details I can get them corrected - Roz has already made suggestions for Portuguese. :)

Sausehuhn
20th December 2007, 11:39 AM
here you go :)

kowareta|vojeet
20th December 2007, 12:01 PM
Yep, Max has mention it.
I'm studying technical communication and I have a bit experience in localization, so I'll look for more misunderstandings on the website.

G'Kyl
20th December 2007, 07:55 PM
Hell, yes, the manual calls it Gift as well. Bummer. Guess those translators weren't into WipEout that much. Or into games in general. ;)

EDIT: Maybe it's important to notice here: Gift in German has nothing to do with the English gift. Just like Mist and mist they mean something completely different. Gift actually is the literal translation of venom, but then you don't translate speed classes. You just don't...! :)

kowareta|vojeet
20th December 2007, 11:14 PM
Harhar, Mist!

xEik
21st December 2007, 01:42 PM
In the Spanish Pure version, "Rapier" was translated as "Estoque" (the name for that kind of thin sword) which was totally wrong. :(
In all other WipEouts Rapier was always Rapier even when translated.

Flashback Jack
22nd December 2007, 05:47 PM
Strange, I just noticed the leaderboard registered my Basilico White Phantom speed lap under Basilico Black.

(tries uploading his profile again)

- F

infoxicated
22nd December 2007, 05:55 PM
See the previous page - Arnaud already commented on this.

If you're going to use this topic to report problems, please at least read the topic to ensure you're not reporting the same thing as someone else. Otherwise it's just noise.

NeXaR_QroN
28th December 2007, 11:41 AM
Please, to whoever it should be addressed:

In the spanish localization, revert the speed class names (Veneno, Estoque, Espectro) to their original english names (Venom, Rapier, Phantom), OR translate them in the game too. Having one translated and not the other is somewhat annoying to me, at least (I do prefer the original names for both, though).

Also, is the "upload ghost" feature not working, or is just a problem on my side?

Other than that two little things, great site. I love especially the team history, as some other said already.

Sausehuhn
2nd January 2008, 12:28 PM
Seems like they got "Eliminator" and "Zone" wrong (at least for the German site), too.

swift412
10th January 2008, 04:07 PM
agent orange, you still getting the Session expired error? I get it too all the time if I use my ADSL connection (which apparently has an ISP side transparent proxy), but I can connect fine if I use my cellphone's internet connection.

Asayyeah
10th January 2008, 04:20 PM
(which apparently has an ISP side transparent proxy).
this is exactly the reason i can't access to wifi online using a 3rd party usb dongle ( not the one my ISP is selling of course... ) , my ISP denies my access to wifi just because i haven't choosen their system. Now waiting desesperatly ISP technician to come at home ( they are full of work they said...grrrr)

[end off topic :paperbag]

Dogg Thang
11th January 2008, 08:38 AM
Are the team allegiance bits new? The pics don't seem to be showing up for me.

infoxicated
11th January 2008, 02:31 PM
They're not new - the stats just weren't working before, but now they are. The image links are indeed broken - sort of a chicken and egg situation where we couldn't see they were broken because the stats weren't working. They will be fixed asap.

Hyper Shadow
11th January 2008, 07:00 PM
The Team Allegiance seems broken, Auricom, Harimau and Icaras were on earlier. Harimau has since become AG SYS but Triakis and Quirex still don't seem to be on there.

...or Piranha for that matter.

Chrono
22nd January 2008, 03:36 PM
I've spent the past 3 days wondering why my Basilico White time never got registered...then I figured it out. I came here with hopes of being the first to find this...I'm 3 weeks slow. This really should be fixed by now. =(

CR4SH3D
22nd January 2008, 06:28 PM
as far as i know none of my times are uploaded now, maybe theyre fixing something and have disabled them

Sausehuhn
22nd January 2008, 07:16 PM
Seems like some bitmaps on the server are mixed up.
Got thse for the class icons (originally PNGS):

infoxicated
21st February 2008, 02:57 PM
WipEout-Game.com has been updated. :+

Rapier Racer
21st February 2008, 03:40 PM
Cool now I can see all the team on the main page, speaking of the main page thats a nice layout good job :+ I also like how the team logos appear on the tables good update.

Still no sign of the DL teams?

RJ O'Connell
25th February 2008, 10:30 PM
Icaras is on the allegiance ratings board.