PDA

View Full Version : It's out!

Dogg Thang
10th December 2007, 07:52 PM
14th? HMV in Dublin doesn't think so. It was open late for Christmas shopping and I went in and there it was. I was surprised as you can imagine. So I have it! That was a loooooong wait.

The gutting thing? I had no idea it was out so I had left my PSP at work. So, right now, I'm having to just read the instructions. My first impressions of Pulse and I just have the instructions - no colour pics if anyone is curious. The inside is black and white and just goes through all of the options we knew were there. Opens with quotes from Natasha Belmondo and three others, including Mirage from Dubai - the new team.

Isn't it sad that the only info I can give you right now is just from the manual? Well, all may not be lost. I have called a mate who may or may not be able to come round with his PSP. If he does, I'll update this asap with more info. Otherwise it will be the morning when I'm back in work.

But you should all check your shops because HMV in Dublin can't be the only place selling it.

DjManiac21
10th December 2007, 07:55 PM
WTF??????

I'm in the wrong side of the ocean!!!!!!! :eek

It's great to know it's out, and it's always like that, take your umbrella outside, and then the sun will shine your eyes out, get Pulse, leave your PSP at work :|

Rapier Racer
10th December 2007, 07:57 PM
AAARGGHH NO FAIR!! I want it now! Dublin you say? I happen to have the day off work tomorrow how much is the boat trip over? :p

infoxicated
10th December 2007, 07:58 PM
I read on some other gaming forums that guys have picked it up already.

Damn... I forgot to check tonight when I was in Asda buying Singstar... d'oh!

Sausehuhn
10th December 2007, 08:05 PM
unfair.

Hellfire_WZ
10th December 2007, 08:21 PM
Right, I'm going on a Pulse hunt after work tomorrow up Oxford Street! :)

Dogg Thang
10th December 2007, 08:30 PM
Got a PSP guys! A long load (I'm on normal PSP) followed by what I think may be the best Wipeout intro. I don't know what the music track is but it rocks and the colour reminds me of W3O. First thing - make a profile (real interesting, eh?).

A lovely menu that looks like all the shots we've seen. I was first drawn to an Extras menu which actually has the manual! That's a cool feature. Also has credits and allows you to play the intro.

Onto the race grid. First race? (do spoiler tags work?) Moa Therma White. Just about to start it now.

Edit: Doh! No spoiler tags. Hope that doesn't ruin anything for anyone!

Fascia
10th December 2007, 08:30 PM
I'm wondering, what firmwhere does it require? I've been reluctant to upgrade after horror stories of pure expantions no longer working.

Dogg Thang
10th December 2007, 08:37 PM
Firmware on the UMD is 3.71 so I guess that's what it needs. That's what I had anyway.

First race - wow. Great track. The voice is fantastic - I haven't watched a video for ages so hadn't heard the computerised voice you were talking about. One thing that was fantastic was an intro to the track with a computerised male VO. Very cool.

Compared with Pure, the first race was surprisingly fast. I also didn't do very well.

It looks stunning. Framerate is fantastic although there was the odd flicker at the top for some reason - nothing that got in the way of how great it looks. I'm really impressed so far.

stin
10th December 2007, 08:40 PM
Fascia, yes it`s does work with Pure on 3.71FW ;)

Lucky Dawg!

stevie:o

Fascia
10th December 2007, 08:43 PM
Thanks for news :) I'll be checking my local game(s) tommorow morning, here's hoping!

Dogg Thang
10th December 2007, 08:45 PM
One interesting feature which you may already all know but was new to me is that the icons that show you what weapon you have also show up for near competitors to give you warning of an attack.

MarcoM
10th December 2007, 08:47 PM
Lucky you. But that means the wait is almost over :) :rock :rock :rock

Mobius
10th December 2007, 08:47 PM
Im going on a detective mission to look for it tomorrow, if the shady dealers of Uxbridge dont have it then its off to ol' London town instead :)

Sausehuhn
10th December 2007, 09:04 PM
Does that mean that more local game stores could have the game tomorrow btw?

Dogg Thang
10th December 2007, 09:04 PM
Having it on someone elses PSP turned out not to be such a good idea. After just three races, he has now hijacked it and is playing it himself.

I'm really impressed so far though. Good luck with all your searches tomorrow guys!

Rapier Racer
10th December 2007, 09:07 PM
I'm gonna join some of you guys in searching, tomorrow I shall travel across Edinburgh afar and I bet no sod is selling it early.

Nothing on GAME or HMVs websites to suggest early sales, must be on the sneak.

Dogg Thang
10th December 2007, 09:09 PM
Well I would have thought HMVs would be fairly standard with their stock so I can't imagine the one in Dublin is the only one selling them. Thing is - with the way they were on the shelf, they didn't even look like they were just put up. They were already nice and comfy among the other games. I reckon you should have a good chance at other HMVs.

Rapier Racer
10th December 2007, 09:12 PM
Excellent, cos I have 3 to choose from, 2 very close to each other :D

Egg
10th December 2007, 09:15 PM
Dogg said: "They were already nice and comfy among the other games."

... so, I hope you did the noble thing and grabbed as many copies as you could, then shoved them into the 'Number One' space on the PSP Chart shelf.

Not that I've ever done anything like that. Ooooh no, sir.

Hellfire_WZ
10th December 2007, 09:21 PM
Ah, you know it'll be there anyway ;)

swift killer
10th December 2007, 09:50 PM
... so, I hope you did the noble thing and grabbed as many copies as you could, then shoved them into the 'Number One' space on the PSP Chart shelf.

Not that I've ever done anything like that. Ooooh no, sir.

Sounds like something I would do. :dizzy

I'm getting my pay tomorrow from a design job I did last month, you can be sure what Im going to spend it on. ;)

Sausehuhn
10th December 2007, 10:09 PM
almost forgot: are the servers already online?

infoxicated
10th December 2007, 10:16 PM
I wouldn't have thought so, Max.

Asayyeah
10th December 2007, 10:43 PM
Good one Dogg you are the faster ;)
i shall relax my nerves tomorrow by walking to my gameshop and see what's new on the top of the shells

Chrono
10th December 2007, 10:58 PM
That's great. I'll go grab it tomorow before class

Dr. Angryman
10th December 2007, 11:22 PM
*Cue Luke Skywalker*

NOOOOOOOO!!!

That's no fair! The British have all the fun! :(

Well, I imported it from Australia. Hope it comes out there this month....

BARTgai
11th December 2007, 01:14 AM
:o:o

...no fairs *cries* I'm am ordering it right now!

I hope they didnt run out...

KANDANG
11th December 2007, 03:29 AM
yes! it's out here in Australia
Got it from EBGames , for those of you in Melbourne ;)

Here are some pics..

Front
http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/3212/frontrj7.th.jpg (http://img529.imageshack.us/my.php?image=frontrj7.jpg)

Back
http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/3715/backll2.th.jpg (http://img100.imageshack.us/my.php?image=backll2.jpg)

Insert
http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/2131/insertcj0.th.jpg (http://img266.imageshack.us/my.php?image=insertcj0.jpg)

Frances_Penfold
11th December 2007, 03:53 AM
Awesome to know it is out-- even if I'm a little bit jealous of you blokes that have it already :)

But the good news is that it is definitely, positively coming out very very soon-- no last minute delays or anything.

I'll be eagerly checking my mail box everyday here in New York, waiting for a shipment from Australia...

rdmx
11th December 2007, 04:08 AM
I bet those guys over at dvdcrave are wondering why this one particular game is getting so many overseas customers.

Lion
11th December 2007, 04:32 AM
here's hoping for a call from my local EB tomorrow :)

Dogg Thang
11th December 2007, 06:03 AM
Dogg said: "They were already nice and comfy among the other games."

Actually I may well have but it was more like *pick one up* "Pulse? Out already?! No, must be a mistake *put it down i the centre of the shelve and pick up another* "It is Pulse! No, wait, is there a 'Coming Soon' sticker missing?... and so on until eventually I felt brave enough to bring it to the counter. So there's a whole stack sitting front and centre in HMV Dublin now due to my inability to believe it was out.

On the online, we only tried very briefly to get it to connect yesterday and couldn't. There's also a link to the Pulse website for downloads and so on but we couldn't get it to work either - it kept bringing us to the Adobe website (presumably to download Flashplayer). I thought the 3. whatever firmwares could play Flash content so I'll try with my own later.

mdhay
11th December 2007, 06:12 AM
*MGS style ?*

Dublin's in the R.O.I right? Not Nortern Ireland.

stin
11th December 2007, 07:07 AM
mdhay, yes, they must have secret dealings with SL in a dingy boat!;)

On topic, I envy you Dagg, cos my mother-in-law phone her catalogue for me and Pulse will deliver right away:hyper and the date will be 24th of December!!!:bomb

Now, I`m trying to stem my anger and concentrate on my psp challenge!:|

stevie:paperbag

RingoSpoon
11th December 2007, 07:08 AM
Im waiting up patiently to phone my local gameshop :)

Dogg Thang Im looking forward to hear how you get on with getting online :) Please let us know if / when you actually get online for a fight! :)

Are the ghosts looking good? Also is there any options for loading a different skin onto your craft? Oh, and have you got your own tunes playing in-game?

Dogg Thang
11th December 2007, 07:21 AM
I haven't yet tried the tunes thing although the manual makes it sound really easy. As it is, I'm just getting used to the new soundtrack and, so far, I love it. It seems to have much more of a sense of identity than Pure's soundtrack.

No skin options that are available yet but under each craft name is the word 'Classic' and it looks like when you get new skins you just hit left or right there to get them. I'm already racking up these loyalty point things which I suspect will open up some skins.

RingoSpoon
11th December 2007, 07:37 AM
Sweet mate cheers :) Let us know what you unlock :)

phl0w
11th December 2007, 10:09 AM
Please, who's interested in those features? It's available here in Austria too, so all I wanna know-since no review seems to cover that aspect, but write about unnecessary stuff like taking photos- is how it plays, i.e. the physics compared to its prequels. I am honestly considering to skip that one if it features the same physics+BR+sideshift as Pure, or at least wait until it's a budget title.

Dogg Thang
11th December 2007, 10:36 AM
The game feels very like Pure and has both the barrel roll and sideshift intact. It feels good to me but sorry if that's bad news to you!

Mad-Ice
11th December 2007, 11:04 AM
I am really happy for you and getting so anxious, tomorrow is the day for me!! Yihaa!!

Sausehuhn
11th December 2007, 11:17 AM
They don't have it already here :(
I'm waiting for tomorrow :)

Rapier Racer
11th December 2007, 11:24 AM
GAME
HMV
PC World
Currys
Comet
Toy R Us

None of them had it out and none of the shits would let me have it lol I guess I'll settle for Thursday form GAME.co.uk (stuff always arrives a day early) I've also got off work at 12 on Friday instead of 5 so I can put my foot down along the dual carriageway to get home then sit and play Pulse in all its Pulsating glory. Not too disappointed I'm really liking Call Of Duty 4 right now that'll tie me over for 2 more days.

Sausehuhn
11th December 2007, 11:36 AM
Just realized that I'll have to stop playing Pulse for at least two hours tomorrow because my girlfriend will be here for that time!
OH NOES! That makes two hours less gaming! FATAL!! AAARGH!! :dizzy

...I just want to make clear that this was a joke with use of irony.

stin
11th December 2007, 11:50 AM
Been to Falkirk today.

GAME, sorry it`s not in yet and will let you know by then.

HMV, sorry never heard of Pulse, oh!, you mean Pure?!! (Duh!)

GameShopUk, what is game is that?! (another Duh!)

Asda, Sorry can`t give you, because of Asda`s policy. (AAAARgh!)

Dagg, how you got that?, I will never know...

stevie:|

Asayyeah
11th December 2007, 12:16 PM
I checked this morning at Score GAME ( same game franchise RR was speaking about) and no it's not here but tomorrow he says arghhh not 1 day before as expected :|

infoxicated
11th December 2007, 01:03 PM
I think I'll try Woolworths on the way to work tomorrow just in case they have it on the Euro date rather than the UK date. :)

Chrono
11th December 2007, 01:35 PM
It's not in Amsterdam either. I asked around. It seems the UK suppliers got it early and broke their street date, whereas the EU (from what I understand) hasn't gotten its shipment yet. This is upsetting, I'll try again tomorow, the stores seemed confident it would be there then...sigh

Rapier Racer
11th December 2007, 01:40 PM
UK suppliers? Not the mainland then.

infoxicated
11th December 2007, 01:59 PM
The reason I thought I'd try Woolworths is that they're a law unto themselves with games. It's like they're an after thought, and the staff are so oblivious to stuff like release dates that you can sometimes get a fly copy of something earlier than you're meant to. :D

Dogg Thang
11th December 2007, 02:01 PM
Argos might be worth a go too. They care little for release dates.

infoxicated
11th December 2007, 02:04 PM
Argos might be worth a go too. They care as little for release dates as I do.
^^ possibly what he meant to say! :D

alterego
11th December 2007, 02:10 PM
Hi All.

In Italy we have a truck driver strike.....aaaargh!

Pulse? Where is my little dear copy of Pulse's umd?

I'll go in a church and I'll burn a little candle.......;)

hope hope hope!

Read You Soon
CdRom

Fascia
11th December 2007, 02:14 PM
I wonder when we'll see the website updated with stat tracking and the skin editor, and hopefully a download pack.

Dogg Thang
11th December 2007, 02:14 PM
Nah, I care about you guys and your Pulse searches, honest! It's been a long wait for all of us. It's a shame we don't have teleporters yet - you could ring HMV in Dublin and get them to beam it to your homes.

borell
11th December 2007, 03:58 PM
Whoo-hoo! *homer voice*

Pulse was in my mail when I got back home today. Now I have no time to talk, I have to get the game started. :g

Wolverine
11th December 2007, 04:24 PM
:rock :rock :rock :rock
I bought today my copy.

zargz
11th December 2007, 05:15 PM
Got it!!! 8)

Lion
11th December 2007, 05:26 PM
I think I'll try Woolworths on the way to work tomorrowseems strange to me that you have to buy it retail being that you work for SL, and even worked on the game itself!?
I would have expected there to be some mechanism whereby you could get it cheap and/or early internally?

MarcoM
11th December 2007, 05:43 PM
I wonder when we'll see the website updated with stat tracking and the skin editor, and hopefully a download pack.

http://www.wipeout-game.com

there you go :)

edit: on the most right tab. Log in. Then edit your ships. Beautifully made!

Tomahawk
11th December 2007, 05:46 PM
I got my copy right after work from Saturn here in germany. They didn't have it on the shelves yet, but sold one to me nonetheless. I agree with you Dogg Thang about the intro, probably the best one they did for a wipeout game, yet. And off I am again, gotta raise my pulse by playing some pulse. :D

chri5
11th December 2007, 05:51 PM
*goes and checks the mail box* damn still not arrived! It better be here tomorrow :mr-t

Dogg Thang
11th December 2007, 06:11 PM
Just had my first online game! With some dude in a Feisar. Very easy to set up and get started. Seemed to run very well - a couple of moments of lag but nothing major. Not many games out there though!

Not sure how people find each other or anything but my handle is DoggThang if that's any good to anyone. I guess the big thing is that it's up and running and it works!

Also the website link seems to work fine now too.

Frances_Penfold
11th December 2007, 06:16 PM
^^
How long (characters) of a handle name does Wipeout Pulse allow you to use?

I am hoping to use Frances_Penfold or FrancesP or something similar... and am hoping other folks do as well, so we know when we are racing other WOZ'ers.

Tomahawk
11th December 2007, 06:18 PM
I just played my first zone mode on pulse... Absolutely fantastic! On the top of the screen the game states your current speed level (like sub-flash, flash, sub-rapier, rapier, etc.). I got up to "super phantom" speed on my first try... just totally AWESOME!

Edit: And I just had my first online experience, too. No lag, absolute smooth gameplay. Christmas is today for me! :xtree

Hellfire_WZ
11th December 2007, 06:43 PM
No luck up Oxford Street :(

Actually, there's a Woolworths over the road from me so I might try there on the way back from work tomorrow

You guys who've already got it, you are what are technically defined as "lucky bastards" ;)

Roz
11th December 2007, 06:58 PM
This is torture... :(

Wolverine
11th December 2007, 07:03 PM
^^
How long (characters) of a handle name does Wipeout Pulse allow you to use?

I am hoping to use Frances_Penfold or FrancesP or something similar... and am hoping other folks do as well, so we know when we are racing other WOZ'ers.

Profile name 10 characters
tag still 3 characters

Graphics awesome! Sound equally great!

Diferent campaign play than usual
you get a grid of 8 hexagonal fields
you can choose from 2 races: Moa Therma White Single Race & Talon's Juction White Time Trial, when you get gold you open 4 new fields. In both cases you open Moa Therma White Speed Lap & Talon's Junction White Zone race. When you get gold at Moa Therma White Single Race you open Talon's Junction White Single Race & Metropia White Time trial. When you get gold at Talon's Juction White Time Trial you open Metropia White Single Race & Moa Therma White Single Race in Flash speed class, otjher races on this grid are Venom class except the Zone race.
There are 16 grids first 4 have 8 fields , other have 16. For every gold you get 3 points (at least on the first grid) you have to get 12 points to unlock next grid (4 golds)

There is a new move. Double tapping L or R you sidestep your craft

In the race when you are targeted there is a red icon showing with what weapon are you targeted and you hear it pronounced the name of weapon.

Dogg Thang
11th December 2007, 07:05 PM
The sidestep was actually in Pure, though I think I only ever used it about twice. I just unlocked Fort Gale - it's Pulse's Sinucit and is a great track.

Rapier Racer
11th December 2007, 07:07 PM
There is a new move. Double tapping L or R you sidestep your craft

Thats actually not new, away and play Pure boy lol

Hmm how annoying, this wipeout-game site says the games out when its not, anything to drive me further up the wall.

Mobius
11th December 2007, 07:14 PM
No luck up Oxford Street :(

Me too, Im never setting foot on the tube ever again after waiting for half an ahour to get into the station...

Wolverine
11th December 2007, 07:15 PM
Thats actually not new, away and play Pure boy lol

Hmm how annoying, this wipeout-game site says the games out when its not, anything to drive me further up the wall.

well well thats EU for you...:p Outside of EU game is available

Animation for the quake rocks!!!

yayamaya
11th December 2007, 07:47 PM
Amazon shipped it today so maybe I can pick it up at the packstation tomorrow. After work though :(

khnemu23
11th December 2007, 08:59 PM
Feb. 2008 seems really far off now. :(

I'm still on the fence about whether or not to import. I just can't see myself ordering a non-American version (even though I am fully aware that it makes little difference as both will play).

rdmx
11th December 2007, 11:43 PM
Is your Pulse online tag your playstation network account, or is it just your save file name?

Lion
12th December 2007, 02:37 AM
have none of you that have the game synched up times yet? I don't recognise any of the names in the tables on the site at all.

Turbovec
12th December 2007, 02:48 AM
Alright....so I was gonna import Pulse. Then I realized something, my mom is a flight attendant and regularly travels to Europe. And it just so happens she'll be leaving for London this Thursday and arriving Friday. I was wondering, what stores would she want to check out with the best chance of finding a copy of Pulse? And if anyone has an image of the box so she can find it easier. Thanks for the help guys. :beer

Sausehuhn
12th December 2007, 04:58 AM
http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showpost.php?p=74141&postcount=29

Good luck :)

infoxicated
12th December 2007, 08:46 AM
No luck in Woolworths this morning... the girl actually took the time to show me the release list to tell me why she couldn't let me have it. Looks like my previous comments about woolies not caring about release dates were off the mark!

DjManiac21
12th December 2007, 08:52 AM
Is your Pulse online tag your playstation network account, or is it just your save file name?

It actually is your playstation network account.

stin
12th December 2007, 09:26 AM
No luck in Woolworths this morning... the girl actually took the time to show me the release list to tell me why she couldn't let me have it. Looks like my previous comments about woolies not caring about release dates were off the mark!

Why not say to her, Hey listen lady here!, did you know, me and my mates build this game for two years and you won`t give it to me?!!!

Oh well, life is a bitch! but we got to take the biscuit and move on.

Anyway, I`m going back to town with weapons this time! and plus my :paperbag to cover my identity.

stevie:D

infoxicated
12th December 2007, 09:30 AM
heh!

I have to complete SOCOM FTB2, so I'll be content to spend the next couple of days on that and I'll pick up Pulse on Friday morning.

kowareta|vojeet
12th December 2007, 10:50 AM
And I have to complete Jeanne D'arc. :beer

Neverdown
12th December 2007, 02:26 PM
Does anyone from Holland have it already?

0L4F
12th December 2007, 06:31 PM
Hey Neverdown, I've been to several gameshops in The Hague, Holland today (MediaMarkt, FreeRecordShop, GameShop), and they all quote the 14th as the release date...
So it's another 36 hours wait for us. But: that means that I'll be in the unique position to enjoy the WipEout release and an APHEX TWIN live show on the same day! Heh!
http://www.state-xnewforms.nl
(secretly spamming for my own webdesign company, shhhh!)

Roz
12th December 2007, 07:04 PM
OH. YEAH.

PULSE IS MINE! Just came back from GAME, here in Portugal. The employee didn't even know how to spell Wipeout when I asked him if they had it. The stock showed 0, but he checked the closet, and there it was!

Gotta go play :D

Mad-Ice
12th December 2007, 07:13 PM
Got it at toys r us today. Only shop out of 20 in three towns here. It was worth the travel.

Asayyeah
12th December 2007, 08:15 PM
Got it end of this morning

FANTASTIC

Frances_Penfold
13th December 2007, 02:36 PM
Got the email last night-- my copy has shipped from Australia! Hopefully it will be here on Saturday or Monday....

Rapier Racer
14th December 2007, 01:48 PM
OK so it turns out GAME are useless liars, QUOTE "Dispatched on time for delivery on day of release" Sorry? Postie had no game for me so it was off to the next town to pick one up, GAME can shove their copy up their arse when it gets here it's getting sent straight back.

Ally Graham
14th December 2007, 03:50 PM
OK so it turns out GAME are useless liars, QUOTE "Dispatched on time for delivery on day of release" Sorry? Postie had no game for me so it was off to the next town to pick one up, GAME can shove their copy up their arse when it gets here it's getting sent straight back.

I see that I am not the only one without a copy after buying online from GAME :(
It was sent out yesterday, but has not arrived today :(

lunar
14th December 2007, 03:54 PM
Got the same treatment from Gameplay. On Wednesday it said, "order by 5pm to receive this game on the day of release." I actually ordered 10 days sooner than that deadline, yet they didn`t ship until release day, which kind of makes it hard for them to keep to their offer. I can`t be arsed to make a stand any more than that, apart from posting this. I`ll wait until tomorrow, go out on the lash tonight, and use a real shop next time.

Rapier Racer
14th December 2007, 04:44 PM
I ordered mine months ago, the point is if HMV were flogging them on Monday why didn't the online retailers send theirs out sooner? GAME sent mine out at about 17.25 Thursday, doesn't sound like thats in time enough to catch the last post, according the status updates on my account it took them 3 hours to find the game and package it before they sent it.

stin
14th December 2007, 05:12 PM
Got Pulse 30 mins ago!, (Thank you darling) I will get to the point, unbeknown to me, my mother-in-law told my wife about Pulse and she said to her confusedly "I knew, stevie told us about Pulse gets released today but, I went to GAME, Asda, HMV and Zanni(formerly known as Virgin), they told me Pulse are off the market on the last minute due problems with the game! So she don`t know whether they are telling the truth or lies.
Anyway, my wife forced me off my precious bath and go to Tesco to get Pulse right away!

Now, Pulse are on the 8th place on the list today!!! but I don`t know weather that true or not.

stevie:)

supersocks
14th December 2007, 05:27 PM
Did I smell a possible collectors item here? :eek

Colin Berry
14th December 2007, 05:36 PM
no
the shops were lying

Rapier Racer
14th December 2007, 05:42 PM
Pulse was in the number 1 spot at Woolworths, where it belongs dammit :clap

RJ O'Connell
14th December 2007, 05:54 PM
So I've asked around, family, friends, to see if they'd import the game as a present for my upcoming birthday.

So far I got no response yet. U_U;

Chill
15th December 2007, 04:25 AM
Asked for it for Christmas...

Ally Graham
15th December 2007, 09:31 AM
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Postman has just been, and NO PULSE!!!!!
It was sent Express - 1 business day from GAME, and was sent out at 16:51 on the 13th.
WHAT IS GOING ON!!!!

Dogg Thang
15th December 2007, 09:34 AM
Probably Christmas. Bad time of year for post I think.

Ally Graham
15th December 2007, 09:37 AM
Silly thing is that the Orange Box for PS3 arrived on the 13th, the day after dispatch, but that was not special delivery.
Think I am going to have to go into town and get it, and then return the online order in mint condition, like another member has done.

Lion
15th December 2007, 10:03 AM
I got mine on release day (14th). But every shop in town is selling pulse at $10 above Sony's RRP.
Same seems to apply to pretty much any new (and expected to be big) game at the moment, I noticed the day after I bought it that I had paid a $10 premium for Singstar PS3.

Ally Graham
15th December 2007, 12:58 PM
Why are things never simple :(
There is no manual in the box :(
Do you think I could get a new manual sent to me at all?

Medusa
15th December 2007, 01:44 PM
I just bought it off Ebay and cancelled my HMV order. HMV is now saying "despatched January 2008"!!! I didn't preorder 2 months in advance to wait until January!

Besides, I saved myself 5 quid buying off Ebay.8)

zargz
15th December 2007, 02:00 PM
Cool! so we'll meet again, kit! 8)

Why are things never simple :( There is no manual in the box :(There's an in-game manual in Extras, if you don't need the actual fysical manual which is in black and white anyway.

Medusa
15th December 2007, 06:00 PM
I'll be looking for your green machine, zargz...8) This time, maybe no freeze-ups every 20 minutes like on Kai, heheh.

BARTgai
15th December 2007, 10:42 PM
wait, it said Jan 2008?

I gave my parents the link to DVDCrave and i hope they ordered it but i hope it wont arrive in like next month :|

anyone know who ordered from there how long it will take?

Frances_Penfold
16th December 2007, 12:11 AM
I imported from DVD Crave (Australia), the game shipped on the 13th and is already in New York 8) It is scheduled to be delivered on Monday.

I *did* choose the fastest delivery option but the difference (in theory) should only be five days or so.

BARTgai
16th December 2007, 01:21 AM
ok thank you, Frances, i was starting to get worried lol

Rapier Racer
16th December 2007, 01:54 PM
Guess what guys! That copy I ordered from GAME still hasn't arrived! How about that for delivery on release day eh?

Egg
16th December 2007, 03:34 PM
Charts! Mostly dominated by TV licenses and footie games, but there's a chink of hope.

No.1 in Woolworths:
http://www.woolworths.co.uk/web/jsp/browse/index.jsp?cat=cat160570

No.5 on Amazon:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/bestsellers/videogames/13821451/ref=pd_ts_vg_h__nav

No.6 on Play.com:
http://www.play.com/Games/PSP/6-/TopSellers.html

No.8 in Tesco:
http://www.tesco.com/entertainment/chart.aspx?N=4+4294312966+87

swift killer
16th December 2007, 04:40 PM
I really do hate (most) license games, most of them are just excuses to advertise.

*...runs out in the cold to buy his copy*

lunar
16th December 2007, 08:04 PM
Well I ended up buying Pulse three times, so I`m doing my bit for the charts. It`s a long story. Lying con-artists Gameplay`s still didn`t arrive the day after release day, so I got the car out, went to town and bought a copy from Woolworths. Then I found myself in Blockbuster, somehow, where the manager offered me a new Slim PSP with Pulse thrown in for a tenner. Deal! So it was back to Woolies to unload my second copy back to them, and after I have returned the Gameplay copy and got a refund all that will have saved me £10, which is one way of looking at it. :dizzy After all that I was almost too tired to play.

infoxicated
16th December 2007, 08:31 PM
Lol! :d :+

Rapier Racer
16th December 2007, 09:50 PM
lol A man on a mission, to play the Pulse! I trust you won't be pre-ordering any games you want on release day from an online retailer again eh?

RJ O'Connell
16th December 2007, 11:02 PM
Okay.

I JUST ordered from DVDCrave, and it should arrive in time for Christmas...

BARTgai
16th December 2007, 11:23 PM
woohoo! right there with you buddy :)

( i hope my parents put the order in for my copy :? )

Ally Graham
17th December 2007, 04:13 PM
My GAME copy arrived today, so so much for arriving on release date.
Would anyone like my extra copy for a price? Otherwise I will return it and get a refund.

Argo91
17th December 2007, 04:38 PM
My GAME copy arrived today, so so much for arriving on release date.
Would anyone like my extra copy for a price? Otherwise I will return it and get a refund.

Same here. my copy from GAME came today at around 11:35 am... I ordered it last tuesday :dizzy

Well atleast I have the game now, which is fantastic. See you lot online :)

Rapier Racer
17th December 2007, 06:10 PM
OH MY GOD! I GOT PULSE, again. GAME failed miserably I don't know whether to send it back or not I'm quite tempted to keep it never know when it might come in handy.