PDA

View Full Version : HOLY CRAP! Official WOP digital distribution!

Frances_Penfold
20th November 2007, 09:12 PM
Sorry if already posted but I don't see it anywhere else on the Wipeout Pure and Wipeout Pulse forums.

Sony now has official, direct download distribution-- and for $15 USD, you can get a legal non-UMD version of Wipeout Pure!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=209779
http://store.playstation.com/store/index.vm

Wow, now THAT is a stealth release.

I already own two copies of Wipeout Pure (NA + PAL) so it's not a big deal, though it could be nice to run the game exclusively from the memory stick for battery conservation reasons. On the other hand, for official time trial challenges, do we need to use the UMD version?

lunar
20th November 2007, 10:31 PM
Well spotted. I see no reason why you shouldn`t use the downloaded version for the tables, it`s an officially released version and should be just the same anyway. Pure isn`t on the Euro store, but then I don`t really want it on my PSP again anyway. I`m off to download WipEout :rock

Frances_Penfold
20th November 2007, 10:58 PM
^^
The downloadable version may play differently, though. I'll keep playing the UMD version until some sort of official decision is made about this, just to be on the safe side :)

More information... note the promise of an OFFICIAL PULSE DEMO! WooT!

-- ---------
PLAYSTATION®Store now on PC

Introducing a world of PSP™ (PlayStation®Portable) content accessible via PC: downloadable games, playable demos, trailers and exclusive non-game content

This November sees the launch of PLAYSTATION Store for PC at http://store.playstation.com. It’s the answer to every PSP™ (PlayStation®Portable) owner’s dreams: an all new website that, similarly to PLAYSTATION Store on PLAYSTATION®3 (PS3™), brings together in one place all the great PSP content – and, this time, makes it available from your PC. Access to the site is completely free*, with no purchase necessary and no subscription required, leaving you to enjoy PLAYSTATION Store when and how you like.

The site goes live on November 20 – and it launches packed with content. You’ll find exclusive full game downloads including Beats™ and Go! Puzzle™ - titles for PSP only available on PLAYSTATION Store for PC. You’ll find downloadable versions of existing PSP games such as B-Boy™ and Fired Up™ as well as a range of downloadable PS one® classic titles that includes some longstanding favourites – think WipEout® and Crash Bandicoot™. There are also brand new playable demos like the breathtaking WipEout® Pulse and Syphon Filter™: Logan’s Shadow as well as trailers for forthcoming PSP titles – so you can try your hand at new games as well as watching what’s in store for the future. As if that wasn’t enough you can download cool music content and keep up to date with new and upcoming bands.

Managing your money becomes easy: payment will work in the same way as PLAYSTATION Store on PS3. If you’ve already registered with PLAYSTATION Network via PS3, your login details will remain the same for PLAYSTATION Store on PC – so there’s no need to register again! You can even manage your PLAYSTATION Network account via your PC – topping up the funds in your wallet, editing your personal profile or managing your friends list.

Here are a few of the things you can expect to find when PLAYSTATION Store for PC goes live on 20th November at http://store.playstation.com.

Check out hot exclusive PLAYSTATION Network full games

http://store.playstation.com launches with a raft of exclusive PLAYSTATION Network titles, only downloadable via PLAYSTATION Store. Log on now to enjoy exclusive full downloadable games for your PSP.

Interact with your favourite music tracks on the move with Beats™ - an exclusive title featuring an addictive rhythm action game and a ‘Jamming’ composer feature. There’s also Go! Puzzle™: three highly original puzzle games that you can play on your own or with friends.

Revisit your favourite PSP games

Some of the best-loved PSP titles released on UMD™ (Universal Media Disc) are now available to download from PLAYSTATION Store for PC. So if you didn’t get your hands on them first time around, now’s your chance.

Get your Sudoku fix wherever and whenever you want with Go! Sudoku – an interactive Sudoku experience with 1,000 puzzles, multiplayer modes, and more. If dancing is your thing, check out B-Boy™, a breakdancing game in which players take to the floor to battle real-life breaking legend Crazy Legs. Or, if you feel like combat, there’s a cutthroat world of high-octane vehicles, big guns and even bigger explosions awaiting you in Fired Up™, where a valiant team of resistance fighters need a hero to turn the tide of battle in their favour.

Classic PS one® games

Whether you’re taking a trip down memory lane or discovering these games for the first time, you’ll love the selection of PS one classics we’ve got in the Store for you. There’s hyperactive island-hopper Crash Bandicoot®, sword-and-sorcery high jinks with skeleton knight Sir Dan Fortescue in Medievil™, futuristic, no-holds-barred anti-gravity racing in WipEout® and much, much more. Looking back has never been so much fun.

Free playable demos

Want to play the hottest new PSP titles before you buy them? You need to check out the free playable demos in the Store. Try your hand at anti-terrorist espionage in Syphon Filter™: Logan’s Shadow, race adrenaline-fuelled anti-gravity tracks at 600 kmh in WipEout® Pulse and lead a batch of bouncing, rolling creatures through amazing environments in LocoRoco™. Remember – it’s all free, so download a playable demo today.

Game trailers

For exclusive previews of what’s coming out on PSP, you need look no further than the Store, where we’re launching with a host of new game trailers on the site and with more to follow. To check out forthcoming titles like crime-fighter Pursuit Force™: Extreme Justice, military simulation SOCOM™: U.S. Navy SEALs Tactical Strike or mythological rampage God of War™: Chains of Olympus, just head to the Store right away.

Getting online and registering for your first downloads is easy – just visit http://store.playstation.com and follow the on-screen instructions. You’ll need to download a small application; then, it’s jut a case of connecting your PSP to your PC via a USB cable, and choosing the content you want. With so much on offer, choosing could take a while!

*Broadband internet service required. Users are responsible for broadband access fees. Charges apply for some content. PLAYSTATION Network and PLAYSTATION Store subject to terms of use and not available in all countries and languages: see eu.playstation.com/terms. Users under 18 require parental consent.

lunar
20th November 2007, 11:20 PM
The whole store system works like a charm. All very easy and intuitive. The PSP console registration system works amazingly well, and the download was fast. No wonder it took them a while to put this together, but seems it was well worth the wait.

Frances_Penfold
21st November 2007, 02:10 AM
So what did you download? And did you use the PSP or a PC connection?

lunar
21st November 2007, 10:02 AM
Downloaded original WipEout with a PC connection. You have to install a downloader programme first, then connect your PSP to the PC via USB and register the console. Then buy the item, which is just like using any online shopping site. Then the files are downloaded straight to the PSP. The whole thing took no more than 15 minutes from setting up to playing.

chri5
21st November 2007, 12:56 PM
Brilliant, can't wait till I get home and download classic wipeout!

Asayyeah
21st November 2007, 06:21 PM
That is AMAZING news! honestly i read twice all that topic, pinched myself also twice and still not dreaming !
Can't wait to test that tonight!

chri5
21st November 2007, 08:44 PM
just been playing wipeout on the psp, wicked! The store works great.

Asayyeah
22nd November 2007, 02:40 PM
The store is working like a charm : how easy it is i am completely stunned !
I ve paid for WipEout, tested it : running smooth as silk, but not sure i can beat my Neggie scores with Dpad :D.
Ive also tested for free Xyanide resurrection (a funny shoot-em-up) and locoroco (good concept)
One critic tho: i'd like to know the size of the file i am downloading before the PSNdownloader starts.

Medusa
22nd November 2007, 06:30 PM
I'm definitely going to download the N. American version of Pure. So I will have both versions, and not have to switch UMDs! Awesome. Wicked site, too.:o

Just have to actually set up a way to download...

Frances_Penfold
23rd November 2007, 12:16 AM
Heh, that's my problem as well. I'd sure like to play the original Wipeout on my PSP though.

Am I correct that, for time trial submissions for the original Wipeout, that we can't use the PSP version because it's emulated?

BARTgai
23rd November 2007, 03:52 AM
Oh my gosh, this is so amazing!
I would download WipEout, but my wallet is kind of empty :P

Will they make wipEout 3 downloadable too? That would be awesome if they did :g

Chill
23rd November 2007, 05:45 AM
Yeah, Wipeout 3 SE!!! And 2097!!! (Gambling voice) c'mon baby, give me 21!!!! ;)

lunar
23rd November 2007, 07:26 AM
Wip3out graphics would look amazing on PSP. I`d be more interested in that than 2097, which really wouldn`t be the same without a neggie.

Asayyeah
23rd November 2007, 02:05 PM
Identical for WipEout which is not the same played with a neggie and a dpad, i can tell you lol.
But it's so fashion to have a real old ( 12 years ) ps game on the finest new technology psp is.
Ill buy Pure in future through that site.

Lance
23rd November 2007, 08:50 PM
Wip3out isn't the same without a neGGie, either.

G'Kyl
24th November 2007, 09:36 AM
*Nods to the neggie remarks* It's awesome to play WO on the go (if only to show people how MUCH better the PSP exklusive incarnations are ;) ), but you don't wanna do Silverstream without the right controller! :)

Ben

Sausehuhn
24th November 2007, 12:39 PM
One critic tho: i'd like to know the size of the file i am downloading before the PSNdownloader starts.

http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=163&stc=1&d=1195911420

Self-explaining ;)

Asayyeah
24th November 2007, 01:23 PM
Weird cause the file is actually 91Mb and it's not written when you start Dl it.
where did you found this Max?

G'Kyl
24th November 2007, 05:34 PM
Downloads for PS3 usually come in compressed files, so 91 MB might be the size of the file you download and 393 the one of the uncompressed game data.

Ben

chri5
24th November 2007, 05:43 PM
Downloads for PS3 usually come in compressed files, so 91 MB might be the size of the file you download and 393 the one of the uncompressed game data.

Ben

It shows 91mb when you look at the properties on the memory card, the EBOOT.PDP & DOCUMENT.DAT are not compressed (I think).

Sausehuhn
24th November 2007, 06:05 PM
Seems like only the American Store has the info.
Found it here (http://store.playstation.com/store/product.vm?id=UP9000-NPUI94301_00-COMBINED00000001).

G'Kyl
24th November 2007, 07:38 PM
It shows 91mb when you look at the properties on the memory card, the EBOOT.PDP & DOCUMENT.DAT are not compressed (I think).

Then it might be the cache file which becomes incredibly huge or the PSP not being able to show three digit numbers. ;-)

No, seriously, it was just an idea. Maybe Fox nows...

Ben

Tomahawk
24th November 2007, 09:31 PM
Very good store system I must say. Easy to understand and use, works flawlessly and fair prices. I downloaded the original WipEout for PSP and my file is 91 mb, too. It never showed any other size on my screen.

I also downloaded the WipEout Pulse trailer for my PSP. Looking goooood! :D

phl0w
25th November 2007, 02:52 PM
Any chance of getting those releases without having a PS3? *wants original WO on PSP*

Sausehuhn
25th November 2007, 03:35 PM
eh? oO
www.store.playstation.com

Register and download. Where's the problem (if you've a computer running Windows)? :)

DjManiac21
4th December 2007, 10:31 AM
AMAZING!!!

I know what I'm doing tonight when I get back home! 8)

And I see they have also Kula World!!!!!!! An awesome game called "Roll Away" in the US, for the PSX, if you want to play a real good puzzle, try it!

Both games to my PSP tonight, CACHING!!! for Sony. Good deal.

Now we just need RollCage 1 and 2 and we are all set! :beer

How awesome would be to have a PSP RollCage with online play... and mag strips... and zone mode... and..................
*goes into deep coma waiting for Pulse*

Mad-Ice
4th December 2007, 02:17 PM
WiiiiHuuu! That sounds awesome!

RollCage 1 and 2 and we are all set!

How awesome would it be to have a PSP RollCage with online play... and mag strips... and zone mode... and..................
Yeah Yeah Amen to that!!!!

Kula world is indeed a wicked game! I lost it somehow for my ps1, so for psp it will be superb!!

When Pulse is out I will maybe buy a slim psp too and download Wipeout and Wipeout Pure too onto my new memorycard, a new and improved all round Wipeout machine that just fits in my pocket!

Argo91
4th December 2007, 10:28 PM
This is great! I definately want to try out the original WipEout. :D

Lion
5th December 2007, 04:22 AM
I bought kula world the moment I saw it in the psn store :)
I'm up to a world with invisible blocks and it's seriously doing my head in :dizzy

Frances_Penfold
6th December 2007, 04:33 AM
Some comments from Sony about the possibility of direct-to-PSP game downloads:

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6183685.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=newstop&tag=newstop;title;6

Sounds promising-- here's hoping that this happens :)

I'm really surprised that PC downloads and the TV out (now features on the PSP slim) took so long to be delivered for the platform, I think that the PSP may have fared better in the battle vs. the DS had it been around sooner. Ah well, nice to be receiving this stuff later than never.

DjManiac21
7th December 2007, 03:44 PM
I bought kula world the moment I saw it in the psn store :)
I'm up to a world with invisible blocks and it's seriously doing my head in :dizzy

I got it as well, it's supperb!!!! Though my wife is playing it now, I'm affraid I won't get my PSP back until Pulse is out :P

Downloading Wipeout was fast and easy, and it's great to have those titles you bought ready for download anytime in your account, neat idea! :)

jacen
24th December 2007, 08:36 PM
eh? oO
www.store.playstation.com

Register and download. Where's the problem (if you've a computer running Windows)? :)

i AM using windows, yet i can't download from the store ... *sigh*

JABBERJAW
26th December 2007, 01:13 AM
Too bad not playable on ps3? I'd be downloading it then.

Rubix42
28th April 2008, 09:18 PM
I don't see this mentioned earlier in the thread.

If I DL Pure directly to my stick, I can keep my profile right? My UMD is a little beat up, and a digital copy will suit me fine.

Rapier Racer
28th April 2008, 10:09 PM
I should think so it's the same game just on the stick instead of disk.

lunar
15th May 2008, 05:55 PM
Pure has popped up on the PC - PSP Playstation store in the UK.

It is also putting in an appearance on the PS3 store, so maybe you can download it to your PSP via the PS3 store, which would be a good development for DLC in general.

Rapier Racer
15th May 2008, 08:05 PM
Initially quite cool, but if you can't access the Pure DLC than thats actually quite crap.

lunar
15th May 2008, 09:28 PM
Yes. If it came bundled with the DLC the price would be ok-ish, but at 12 included tracks for £14.99, when you can get a hard copy brand new and sealed on ebay or amazon for a fiver, it`s a bit as you described Stephen. Why not chuck in the DLC and charge half that? That`s the most it`s actually worth to anyone who knows how to use the internet.

Still a great game though. :)

Frances_Penfold
16th May 2008, 02:35 AM
I just saw this as well-- awesome news for you guys :)

It is odd that it doesn't include the DLC, which was free anyways-- but presumably the digital version of the game WILL recognize DLC that you already have downloaded to your PSP, right? It would be insane for Sony to release Wipeout Pure as a digital download that had been crippled not to use DLC.

I still haven't gotten around to purchasing Wipeout Pure as a digital download simply because I'm a mac guy-- but it's probably worth $12 to me because it probably (hopefully) loads faster and uses less overall battery power...

timestoby
21st May 2008, 04:19 PM
does anyone happen to have all of the wipeout pure map packs. ive been searchn for days now and just only yesterday went to psphacks and got a link from someone on there,but it didnt have the complete set of ALL the map tracks,but did contain alot or the majority.:donut

Rubix42
23rd May 2008, 04:06 PM
To be clear, the downloadable version of Pure is what I have, and it does load faster than the disc version. It also is compatible with all the download packs I have (just the US ones, and I dl'ed from US PS store)

I also d'led it to my PS3, and I can delete it off the mem stick if needed, and reinstall at a later date if need be.

Always having Wipeout in my PSP--Priceless.