More to come.
Look at those renders. I am speechless. :eek

stin
14th November 2007, 05:02 PM
WOW! Out of this World!!!!! :robot

stevie:guitar

Sausehuhn
14th November 2007, 07:34 PM
If you look at the source code you can access the main menu (http://wipeouthd.com/main.swf). It's just the menu without media, though. But at least we see a few sponsors and what the menu will look like :)

Ah and that's how SL presents WO:HD in the source code "The Official Site for Wipeout ® Pulse on PSP®(Playstation® Portable): featuring trailers, screenshots, game features, downloads and more"

;)

Chill
15th November 2007, 12:36 AM
Glad to hear the great news!!! :)

Dr. Angryman
15th November 2007, 11:48 PM
Cue evil truimph laughter! MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!! :lol Great renders indeed!

Alex_Se
16th November 2007, 01:25 PM
I am speechless. :eek

Agreed! 8)
I Cant wait to get a ps3 and download it when its avalible. Maybe when they make a Ps3 Slim eh?

Mobius
16th November 2007, 06:56 PM
And, the site is now down.

Once again the fluffmeister has missed the bandwagon...:paperbag Any chance of a brief description of it?

Sausehuhn
16th November 2007, 07:07 PM
hm... it's up for me.
Anyway. Here are the renders as PNGs without any flash :)

AG-Systems (http://cybershot.cy.funpic.de/kram/sonstige_bilder/WipEoutZone/wipeoutHD/agsys.png)
Qirex (http://cybershot.cy.funpic.de/kram/sonstige_bilder/WipEoutZone/wipeoutHD/qirex.png)

Flashback Jack
16th November 2007, 07:24 PM
Love my AGSYS!

I so have plans for several custom designs for Pulse, including, and you heard it here first, a champion edition AGSYS (considering they prevailed in the FX300). Back off, counterfeiters! :)

- F

Rapier Racer
16th November 2007, 09:03 PM
Nice find max, sharp as usual :nod

Chill
17th November 2007, 05:11 AM
I have a question about the Wipeout sites lately... Why is their no American flag under english? I just have a little pride of where I reside, that's all...

G'Kyl
17th November 2007, 08:33 AM
It may just be a choice of the server you wanna use as compared to choosing your nationality. :)

infoxicated
17th November 2007, 09:58 AM
It's more to do with marketing being done seperately - SCEA, for whatever reason, wish to do things off their own back more often than not. Which explains why there was an american Wipeout Pure website and one for the rest of the world.

Chill
17th November 2007, 07:02 PM
I think that's a bit rediculous... they need to make them as one! After all, games are to connect with the rest of the "world", not the rest of the "country"!!

Medusa
17th November 2007, 07:44 PM
Whahahaha...*bookmark* 8) Another website to drool over! Beautiful. Just beautiful. All these little wipeout games growing up just bring tears of joy to my eyes. (sniff)

G'Kyl
17th November 2007, 10:18 PM
I think that's a bit rediculous... they need to make them as one! After all, games are to connect with the rest of the "world", not the rest of the "country"!!

Unfortunately, Sony's not good at that. Look at what the PS3 cost in Japan and what the rest of the world had to pay for it at its release. Global player? Not quite yet.

Ben

Chill
18th November 2007, 01:03 AM
yeah, and when fully Global games do come around (sometime sooner than later I hope), we'll have an automatic translator in the game that tranlates languages for everyone to understand!!! Mabye they'll put little translation chips into our brains sometime in the future too!!! :D Yeah, mabye...

Frances_Penfold
18th November 2007, 06:49 AM
It's more to do with marketing being done seperately - SCEA, for whatever reason, wish to do things off their own back more often than not. Which explains why there was an american Wipeout Pure website and one for the rest of the world.

I'd been really wondering about this for Pulse and HD-- glad to finally know the answer :)

Does seem like an odd decision given the franchise's worldwide (especially European) fanbase, but whatever, I'm sure SCEA has their reasons.

Fascia
20th November 2007, 08:28 AM
The concept of a 'rest of the world' scares americans, it is of course in SCEA's best interests to thus, not constantly remind american citizens that there is indeed a 'rest of the world'.

Rapier Racer
20th November 2007, 10:53 AM
From someone from the 'Rest of the worlds' view this helps reinforce the stereotype that America is up its own arse, what everyone else has isn't good enough for the USA. I think at some point in the future America is going to relocate to it's own planet.

Lance
20th November 2007, 04:30 PM
Not all of us Americans are so unaware and insular.

PIRANHA MASTER
21st November 2007, 04:06 PM
But at least we see a few sponsors and what the menu will look like :)
It seems like the W'O"3 main menu :lol Back to the "old" times.

supersocks
21st November 2007, 04:57 PM
It's looks like Ridge Racer for me... ;)

Rapier Racer
21st November 2007, 05:19 PM
Not all of us Americans are so unaware and insular.

Yes I accept that Lance it just seems like a lot are.

username
22nd November 2007, 11:31 AM
I like the details on the front of the qirex

Chill
22nd November 2007, 08:26 PM

Not me!!! (I respect other places, just not "every" other place... ;))

Fascia
30th November 2007, 10:59 AM
I'm just saying that when we die there's going to be a planet for the French, a planet for the Chinese, and we'll all be a lot happier....

infoxicated
30th November 2007, 12:09 PM
Interesting theory.

What happens if you're French-Chinese?

Also, what the heck does this have to do with WipEout HD?

Sausehuhn
30th November 2007, 12:29 PM
woho! Foxy's got a new avatar!!

Dr. Angryman
30th November 2007, 11:58 PM
Me too! :p

A wanna go to the planet of videogames! :lol

Lion
1st December 2007, 09:37 AM
The impression I get is that americans that regularly use the internet to willingly interact with those on other landmasses are generally more tolerant and also come across as more intelligent.
Those that are your vocal minority (I hope for the whole world's sake that it's a minority) seem to see the world map as the USA, surrounded by "here be dragons" on the rest of the map.

Also my understanding is that the USA has no official language.
Not that it applies to the layout of the WipeoutHD site, but for that reason alone, using the stars and stripes to represent a language on a website is a flawed concept.

in other news: loving being able to see the weapons in the nose of the ships waiting for activation.
We finally have a visual confirmation that that is the method used, rather than picking up the arsenal from the weapons pads

JABBERJAW
3rd December 2007, 03:26 AM
Interesting views on US, a bit bizzarre being judged by primitives. :), just kidding, I'm only talking about those french guys that always seem to be playing wipeout.

swift killer
3rd December 2007, 03:11 PM
Also my understanding is that the USA has no official language.
Not that it applies to the layout of the WipeoutHD site, but for that reason alone, using the stars and stripes to represent a language on a website is a flawed concept.

I think the reason USA is put down as a seperate language is because there are various spelling/grammar differences between what is seen as American English and Standard English, for example; in American English it is spelt as 'color' when in Standard English it is spelt as 'colour'.

But going back to the topic, you can only imagine how impressive this website is going to look after seeing how jaw-dropping the Pulse website was.

Sausehuhn
5th February 2008, 02:03 PM
Still "coming soon", eh? I wouldn't mind some new content :)

Rapier Racer
5th February 2008, 03:28 PM
Ah but the coming soon page is cool, just enjoy it for a little longer, its even my msn picture :)

omega329
7th February 2008, 06:01 PM
in American English it is spelt as 'color' when in Standard English it is spelt as 'colour'.
//offtopic
say that again mate, America's got the right ideas about some things, through for an example in America its sometimes spelled "thru" whereas the British(me included) spell it as through, that's not a word! that's cheating at scrabble!

Mobius
7th February 2008, 09:13 PM
//offtopic
that's not a word! that's cheating at scrabble!

"Why the H?
Well, incase some herbs come along...."

I'm guessing youve watched dressed to kill to eh? :p

Edit: Does this infinge the quotation rules?

Asayyeah
7th February 2008, 10:06 PM
Absolutely not !
cause it's hilarious ;)

positive feedback added for you 2 :coffee

ayeonich
8th February 2008, 07:12 AM

You have got that right. It can get downright embarrassing being American sometimes.

I find it funny, even how ignorant of most America is, that it is easier for a foreigner to be allowed permanent stay here than they would find from most other first world nations.

infoxicated
8th February 2008, 08:25 AM
Unless you're british - for some reason the floodgates are wide open for everywhere else in the world, but if you're british the barriers to entry are much higher.

Oh, and welcome to the site ayeonich - do I detect a fellow Charger fan? :D

Dogg Thang
8th February 2008, 09:13 AM
That's true - I don't really get that. I'm Irish but British-born (dual citizenship) but because of my place of birth, I fall under the British rules when it comes to getting into the US. And it's way harder than going through Irish rules. Weird.

Rapier Racer
8th February 2008, 03:40 PM
Do the US not deal out some sort of hypocritical citizenship test that would probably result in the deportation of 3/4 of the United States if they actually gave it to their own people?

Lance
8th February 2008, 03:56 PM
If I were allowed to make the rules for citizenship in the U.S.A., there would be a requirement that even native-born American citizens must be able to tell the difference in meaning between ''believe'' and ''know''.

ayeonich
8th February 2008, 11:42 PM
Unless you're british - for some reason the floodgates are wide open for everywhere else in the world, but if you're british the barriers to entry are much higher.

Oh, and welcome to the site ayeonich - do I detect a fellow Charger fan? :D

I do know why that is. The gov. want people with no credentials to fill all the 'lowly' jobs and save all the high paying ones for citizens. Which I would suspect is the same reason it is really hard for an American like me to move to the UK. To move to the UK I would have to prove a way to sustain a livable income and whoever was willing to hire me would have to give a reason as to why they can not fill the position with a UK citizen. Too bad too, I would love to spend some time over there.

And thanks for the warm welcome. And a Charger fan I am (sounds funny that, that rhymes.) We had a great run this year. I hope they stay the San Diego Chargers though, it would be a shame them leaving the stadium. I have lived next to the stadium my entire life and the Padres moved downtown a couple of years ago and I would hate to see the Chargers go too.

Do the US not deal out some sort of hypocritical citizenship test that would probably result in the deportation of 3/4 of the United States if they actually gave it to their own people?

You have got that absolutely correct. I know that most Americans don't know the answers to the questions on the test (even how simple they are.) I actually have to drive my girlfriends brother downtown to take the test in a month or so.

swift killer
9th February 2008, 10:11 AM
What was the topic of this thread again? :?

This thread has gone waaaaaaaaaaay off topic so in a pretty much crap attempt to bring it back...... why have'nt they made one standard of english which everyone follows?

off topic// When is the HD site going to be fully functional?

Anyone see what i did there? :dizzy lol

Lance
9th February 2008, 11:42 AM
Who is this ''they'' that is going to make everyone use exactly the same wordset?

swift killer
10th February 2008, 10:41 AM
I meant whoever has the authority to control the standards of the English language, if such a thing does exist.

omega329
10th February 2008, 01:12 PM
Control the English language? Impossible, every day new words and phrases pop up(usually in gaming circles and on forums), I bet before 1995 almost none of you would have shouted "OWNED!" when someone fell over or off something. Take the word Google for example it was a noun and is also now a verb, e.g. "I'm gonna google cloverfeild and see what the hell its all about." It isn't a modern thing either, "I'm going to hoover the carpet" Hoover is a make of vacuum cleaner, It's all to do with the laziness of the tounge, "I'm going to google..." is easier to say than "I'm going to go on google and search for..." although they mean the same things. The invention of new words and phrases is what makes languages as diverse as they are today, If new words were never invented we would stuck with saying things like: "He was killed by a person paid to commit the act" (we can thank Shakespeare for the word assassinated) If new words were never created we would be trapped by an inability to express ourselves fully and quickly.

Lance
10th February 2008, 01:12 PM
I meant whoever has the authority to control the standards of the English language, if such a thing does exist.

It obviously doesn't. :D

Medusa
10th February 2008, 04:51 PM
'Tis a shame there was never an Academie Anglaise.;)

swift killer
10th February 2008, 05:04 PM
(we can thank Shakespeare for the word assassinated) If new words were never created we would be trapped by an inability to express ourselves fully and quickly.

Speaking of new words, we can also 'shank' Mr. Shakespeare for making some of our GCSE & A level English exams so friggin enfuriating. *i'm making this post while taking a break from revision.

Lance
10th February 2008, 05:12 PM
{notes a certain disrespect for one of the greatest writers ever.} tsk.

omega329
11th February 2008, 01:52 PM
Speaking of new words, we can also 'shank' Mr. Shakespeare for making some of our GCSE & A level English exams so friggin enfuriating. *i'm making this post while taking a break from revision.
he's one of the greatest writers of all time, give him a break! You've probably studied "of mice and men" or "to kill a mocking bird" as well, personally, i found "of mice and men" an astounding book when i decided to read it earlier this year, I thought: "hey, I might be doing it when I start my GCSEs next year lets give it a go." and read it, brilliant book. Thats why their studied, because their so damn good and intellectual, they also aren't a niche genre, I've read some incredible sci-fi and teen books in my time, ("shade's children" garth nix, incredible; "a darkling plain" Phillip reeve, the way the ending makes you feel is indescribable) which won't be studied in a million years due to their content.
BTW this thread is going waay off topic, probably caused by me and that stupid scrabble joke.

Lance
11th February 2008, 02:56 PM
Yes, I'm afraid I contributed to the offtopicness, since I saw an injustice being done. Just because one doesn't want at some phase of one's life to study something rightly admired for its greatness doesn't mean that the creator of it should be blamed for one's own lack of desire. If it's desired to continue this branch of the off topic, it should be taken to PM or the ''Offtopic'' section of the forums.

Back on topic, please. That means you, Lance

swift killer
11th February 2008, 11:28 PM
Sorry people.

Realistically, when can i expect to see the site running?

omega329
18th February 2008, 06:47 PM
congratulations, you just killed the thread...;)

Assimilator
19th February 2008, 08:54 AM
bah no new news on this game is scaring me first it was dec now its may comon guys give us a one track playable demo at least or even a video preview in the store something we can realy drool at

Rapier Racer
19th February 2008, 04:43 PM
Are you surprised at the lack of announcements? Wipeout always seems to be done like this, time to change your tune Sony I don't think the lack of announcements did Pulse any good, no release date till a week before it came out then a 'stealth' if you like release with no advertising at all? I'd really like to know how well or not this game did.

HD will likely have the arse delayed off it, how soon do you think they will release it after they just launched Pulse in the US? Despite the fact HD is for entirely different system you have to try and guess what Sony is thinking.

Rapier Racer
20th March 2008, 04:30 PM
Sites live!! NOW!! :g:g:g

eLhabib
20th March 2008, 05:21 PM
SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET! :hyper

supersocks
20th March 2008, 06:43 PM
HUGE 1920x1200 Goteki45 Wallpaper! :dizzy

Site design is still almost as lame as the legendary HUD but the graphics section was a nice surprize though half of the items look exactly similar to each other. All these cheapo brands sponsoring...

Lance
20th March 2008, 06:56 PM
'legendary'.
:g

eLhabib
20th March 2008, 08:22 PM
I fail to see what's lame about the site... fits the wipEout style perfectly, clean and straight - gotta love it.

Rapier Racer
20th March 2008, 09:15 PM
Oh yes you do gotta love it. I've had this set as one of my home page tabs in FF for ages thinking hmmm wonder when it'll go live when I heard music coming out today I almost fell of my seat :g

Site looks great, I like the new look Assegai too now just hurry up and let us have it!!

Ah HD is coming been looking forward to this for ages, have to admit it crushed my interest in Pulse way back last year when I saw the first PSN footage.

eLhabib
20th March 2008, 09:25 PM
same here. lost interest in Pulse too quickly because of the prospect of not having to 'enjoy' my favorite game series on a shitty handheld screen (yes, the PSP screen is bliss, but still CRAP compared to full HD :p)

Sausehuhn
21st March 2008, 12:28 AM
Oh that website looks sweet. Clean and clear - very WipEout! :)
Now please give the game the same menus! Miles ahead over Pulse I must say.

Can't wait to see the game in action, seriously!

Oh and I love these sponsors - TDR WTF?! :D

stin
21st March 2008, 10:31 AM
Now, I`d seen all the videos.

This one are the best videos I ever seen!

Ps3 is coming to me very soon cos I will be back to work pretty soon.

stevie:)

HISHO[JP]
21st March 2008, 11:50 AM
The video of Sol 2 is nothing...

I saw Tigron's billboard in the video of Metropia(around 00min38sec)

...Tigron!? :eek

Lion
21st March 2008, 12:13 PM
very cool :)

though I have to say I'm concerned by the similarity of the Netika guy and DrAngryman
http://helix.net.nz/~lion/Pictures/WipEoutZone/similar.jpg
is it a typo that it says "Aicom" in the text portion, but all the graphics say "Aicorp"? the logo instantly made me think of some of googleplex's (http://googleplex.deviantart.com/) designs :)
the Sylva logo is cool... like if sun microsystems ran a bank, that would be their logo :P

supersocks
21st March 2008, 01:12 PM
Well...

http://www.omamoka.com/stuff/Kirby-Blimp.jpg

RJ O'Connell
21st March 2008, 01:31 PM
I'm adoring the new league sponsors...and the detail in the ships is just...well, it goes without saying.

I could get used to those crappy HUD things after awhile. At these speeds I won't pay much attention XD

Sausehuhn
21st March 2008, 04:08 PM
btw: why isn't there a video of Sol 2?

Rapier Racer
21st March 2008, 04:50 PM
Ha cool the indestructible Tigron making a comeback? Would make sense if you think about it, soooo Van Uber anyone?

eLhabib
21st March 2008, 05:00 PM
don't call it a comeback (they've been here for years) - since HD takes place between Pure and Pulse, pretty much anything is possible.

Sausehuhn
21st March 2008, 05:04 PM
Now if somebody finds a G-Tech billboard I'll give him a cookie!

;)

Medusa
21st March 2008, 07:54 PM
The logos and sponsors are amazing. If the game menus are close to the site's layout, then this is the first wipeout to look truly wipeout since SE, in my opinion. (Too bad it's got BRs...)

Sausehuhn
21st March 2008, 07:59 PM
Btw: Am I the only one who noticed a "2208" next to the FX350 logo? Wasn't Pulse in 2207? And Pure in 2197? Why is HD in 2208 and not in between?

Assimilator
21st March 2008, 08:42 PM
web site not working on ps3 browser ? needs flash 8 ???

RJ O'Connell
21st March 2008, 09:12 PM
Btw: Am I the only one who noticed a "2208" next to the FX350 logo? Wasn't Pulse in 2207? And Pure in 2197? Why is HD in 2208 and not in between?
Wipeout-Game says HD is in 2206, probably in between the last FX300 season (2206) and the inaugural FX400 league (starting July 2207).

Might be a typo, like EG-X's origins in Sweden.

Mad-Ice
15th April 2008, 07:37 PM
If you look in the menu's, at enviroments, you can see Lunar got his own parcs in the Wipeouthd universe!!! Look at logo nr. 10.

The lucky guy, who doesn't want a special place in the Wipeout universe with a cool logo on top of a building?

Congrates Stephen, you lucky man :nod

Sausehuhn
15th April 2008, 08:04 PM
Congrats, Lunar :D

;)

But hey, "Luna Parcs" should make advertisments for trips to Katmoda 12 :)

infoxicated
15th April 2008, 10:16 PM
Heh!

I came up with that after staying at Center Parcs! :D

It is a holiday resort located in the disused Katmoda complex - the original RaCast satellite of Tech de Ra provides additional sunlight to keep it tropical all year round.

I think I took the docs home with me at some point... so next time I actually get home I'll dig them out and add them to the fan fiction, because they were never used on the official sites and it's a bit of a waste just to have them sitting there.

TheFrostE
15th April 2008, 10:21 PM
?!?! you said RaCast!...... ahhhh phantasy star online. it will never die for me...*cough* ohhh ummmm GO WO HD!!!!! WOOOOOOO:rock

infoxicated
16th April 2008, 08:03 AM
Never played that - the name of the satellite came from the name of the power company; Tech de Ra. Any relation to other entities, either real or fictional is purely coincidental. :)

dobyblue
24th April 2008, 02:18 AM
Wow - photo mode looks totally killer too to grab some sweet screenshots, saved at 1920x1080.

:)

lovedr
14th May 2008, 06:24 PM
...i've only just got around to checking the wipeouthd website, my gosh it just looks stunningly fantastic and i for one can't wait.

have to say i also absolutely love the work put in on the logos under the environments section, some of those are so dr / build inspired its untrue - great work indeed folks!

roll on release date...

r

HISHO[JP]
25th September 2008, 12:57 PM
Now it is time to update official (http://www.wipeouthd.com/) websites (http://www.wipeout-game.com/).

no HD in JP....

HISHO[JP]
3rd October 2008, 01:53 AM
Official WOHD website (http://www.wipeouthd.com/) is updated.
(BGM(became full ver?),menu,game info(split screen),teams,and videos(trailer))

Yome NetSan
3rd October 2008, 09:45 AM
English GB goes to a 404 Error and I can't find the 12 teams in English US... on ly 8 of them !

Egg
3rd October 2008, 11:30 AM
Works fine for me. Do you need to clear your Temp Internet Files / cache or something?

I'm not an expert in these things.

Dogg Thang
3rd October 2008, 12:03 PM
Looks nice. I'm really slow on the uptake here but I've just noticed that the menus in HD, which are the same for this site, actually bear a striking resemblance to the Pulse site at wipeout-game.com. And that the Pulse site doesn't actually mirror the style of menu seen in Pulse.

So... that has me wondering, Foxy, did you effectively create the design template for WO HD's menus by doing the Pulse site? I know the style varies and the fonts are different but there are certainly similarities there.

I know they were present in the previous version of the site but I love the little images highlighting the sponsorship. As DR as they are, I love the logo design.

darkfaerytales
3rd October 2008, 01:13 PM
ok, very cool ! nice that they have add the ships and the rest, but i have just notice something strange in the mirage craft , and i have to ask why in the site the lcd screen in the cockpit is green? in the game is clear not green ( or may be my game who get something wrong )

infoxicated
3rd October 2008, 03:13 PM
So... that has me wondering, Foxy, did you effectively create the design template for WO HD's menus by doing the Pulse site? I know the style varies and the fonts are different but there are certainly similarities there.
The wipeout-game.com site was designed by the graphic design team at Studio Liverpool, who passed similar assets to the web design firm that created the Flash site. So it's no coincidence they're pretty similar looking.

Wipeout-game.com couldn't be done in Flash, as it needed to be easily updated and the tabular data is best displayed in HTML.

mdhay
12th October 2008, 04:59 PM
/snip/i decided to read it earlier this year, I thought: "hey, I might be doing it when I start my GCSEs next year lets give it a go./snip/"
And look at what we're doing.:p

HISHO[JP]
29th October 2008, 05:07 AM
HD JP official website (http://www.jp.playstation.com/scej/title/wipeouthd/) has been opened.

Based on wipeouthd.com + some localization.
But some points are older version...

maelgrim
29th October 2008, 07:03 AM
So are they going to make the records viewable / searchable ?