PDA

View Full Version : Thruster making his mark on the world....... finally!

Thruster2097
24th June 2002, 08:17 PM
My sincere apologies for taking a short break (seeing as I did promise you guys some dedication) but I have had my fingers in quite a few different pies recently....

First up---- I got a new job!
It took me a while to get it, but now the effort has paid off in a fantastic job oportunity. Massive pay rise, top quality pension scheme, full private healthcare, company phone, computer, and PDA, and a company car (when I get my licence).
I am the member of a small team which controls the manufacture quality of paving bricks and slabs. Its not glamorous, however, it does involve a lot of qualifications, and outstanding physical and mental attributes are needed to succed. I get to manage my own team of workers, and heres the ironic part, who do the same job what I just left!
Anyway, I am super happy, and the position has almost guaranteed security- because it is a brand new £8.5M lab, and there are only two people who are (managerially) above me, and it has been secured for 30 years.
Too good to be true? I hope not.....

Secondly--- I am getting my own place!
Based in kent, only a couple of miles from where I am now, and I move out at christmas. B-R-O-A-D-B-A-N-D HOOOOOOOOO!!!!
So, needless to say, my door will always be open to wipeoutzone members who have beer and a spare joypad.... mi casa es tu casa!

and thirdly----- I ACED my car theory test!
thats right, I couldnt believe it myself, but I scored a perfect 35/35 !! Its the second time I took the test, the first attempt was when i was 17 and I passed that one, but I quit learning how to drive after failing the test with a "dangerous use of handbrake" comment, and the certificate is only valid for 2 years. Now I am 21, and hopefully a lot calmer and wiser, I have to get myself a car (and a licence to get my company car) My driving has way improved, and I should be taking the proper test soon.

So, I have been a busy little thruster over the past few weeks, but I will still find time to visit.... perhaps I will have to visit with the PDA..... mmmmm, handheld wipeoutzone.....

seya soon..

rhys
24th June 2002, 08:35 PM
wow, u really have been busy.

very well done on getting the new job :D

and i would really like 2 have broadband!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lastly, i wish u luck on the driving test 8)

infoxicated
24th June 2002, 10:18 PM
Nice one, Thrusty - good to see you back again, though :)

Lance
24th June 2002, 10:23 PM
dangerous use of handbrake? is that possible? i mean, sure, Satan's Helldriver's Thrillshow, but in a driving test?! wow!

congrats on getting what you wanted, Thrusty

Wamdue
25th June 2002, 12:03 PM
good to see you on the boards again thruster!!! :D

jmoid
25th June 2002, 06:33 PM
nice one mr h! good to see ya! :)

god i'm glad they didn't have theory tests when i did my driving test, i would have failed miserably...

xEik
25th June 2002, 08:55 PM
If you can do Manor Top at Phantom, then your driving license is just a piece of cake.
Good luck anyway, I'm sure you won't need it.

zargz
26th June 2002, 03:38 AM
good effort thrusty! :D

Hybrid Divide
26th June 2002, 08:00 AM
Way to go on the lisence! I have to give up my car soon when I move to Seattle for college!

I never got the CD. But you know how the US mail is these days! lol I'll figure out something when I get broadband in Seattle!

Either way, it's nice to see you on the forums again, thought you dropped off the face of Earth!

^_^
Vagrant Logic OUT

Thruster2097
27th June 2002, 09:58 PM
thanks for the support, guys..
That "dangerous handbrake" incident isnt actually as vicious as it may appear (it wasnt a handbrake turn, anyway!!)
I approached a roundabout, and held the car stationary using the clutch for more than 5 seconds. That apparantley is deemed as dangerous driving. And that was my only fault. Rough justice if you ask me.....
So many people have told me that you really need to learn how to drive twice. Once to pass the test, then again to actually drive the car. I know exactly what they mean...! My final test is soon - I will keep you informed!
As for that "manortop at phantom" remark.... well, pretty much everything at phantom level is a struggle for us mere mortals but it is one of my favourite tracks..... foxy can vouch for my undiminished skill at that one !!!!! :lol:
:vagrantlogic - -- check your email, the disc is in the post on saturday!! I havent fallen off the earth yet, but I am a couple of clouds higher up at the moment!!

Hybrid Divide
28th June 2002, 09:30 PM
I forgot about Quickhosts email! lol Since I got out of school, I had no use for it anymore! lol

Sorry bout that! :D

Vagrant Logic OUT