PDA

View Full Version : Favorite team...

Eins2001
24th June 2002, 08:11 PM
What is YOUR fave team? :P

Lance
24th June 2002, 10:38 PM
whichever one i can go the fastest with in any combination of racing class and racing circuit

welcome to the forums!

infoxicated
24th June 2002, 11:03 PM
From Wipeout 3?

AG Systems - no contest! :)

Others may be faster, but I reckon it's the best looking ship there is in that game.

Eins2001
24th June 2002, 11:08 PM
As you may have guessed, mine is Assegai. Smooth, easy handling, and stylish as hell!

Sparta(Assegai)
25th June 2002, 06:04 AM
i have to say assegai for pure playing terms, but i think that the dual nose ships look better.. call me crazy

Vasudeva
25th June 2002, 09:34 AM
Icaras, without doubt.

Speed is simply the most important statistic. If you're a good pilot, bad handling should be no problem to master, and will automatically cause your shields to have an easier time, too. Also, if you don't collide too often, acceleration will matter little as well.

Peace,
V.

xEik
25th June 2002, 06:40 PM
AG-5Y5 has been the best all-rounder in all the series (well, until it disappeared in Fusion, too bad)

Let's be friends!

zargz
26th June 2002, 03:08 AM
piranha - good manouverability, speed ok .. shield - aehum .. no good .. 8)

Mator
26th June 2002, 10:51 AM
definitely assegai .But i think the most beautifull ship is piranha.

Task
26th June 2002, 09:50 PM
Qirex Rox!

Lance
26th June 2002, 11:29 PM
mostly slams. it's pretty stable laterally

Roger
14th July 2002, 08:07 PM
For looks, I'll go with Pirhana. It really looks "fishy" and handles beautifully. However, when it comes down to racing, AG Systems is my favourite.

Since the records are all Icaras, I've decided to stick with AG Sys all the way, to see how good I can fare with it. So far, so good, but I've still a long way to go. Hope to reach the top 10 on at least one track (Vector class).

rhys
14th July 2002, 09:06 PM
piranha is pretty cool, although i also like qirex.....

completely differant teams i know!!!! :wink:

TYSON
18th July 2002, 12:54 AM
:lol: I'd Sadly have to say that Icaraas sucks. Talk about a dissapointment in the records department. Even without crashing I have found that Icaras' handling and appauling thrust far outway it's wonderful speed abilities. To be completely honest I'm not sure how anyone gets records with it (well done).

Why is it that AG Systems looks so good statistically (the best) yet the handling of the Assegai seems to make it go even faster than the AG. It's totally weird. Anyone want to elaborate?

Tyson

Lance
18th July 2002, 01:20 AM
i think what you have to do with Icaras is to anticipate the turns, start turning before you get to the corners. as to the low basic thrust, it doesn't matter if you can keep the speed up by not making mistakes; and hyperthrust lasts longer on Icaras than on any other ship; use it in the right places

Vasudeva
18th July 2002, 08:47 AM
Absolutely. Perhaps even more important is what I label "counter-braking". Sometimes you have to use the opposite airbrake to counter the one you should be using when it goes to strong. To make Icaras a winning ship, there's little time for improvisation; you just have to know the track by heart. Also, don't forget to use your nose :).

Peace,
V.

Nathan Adams
20th July 2002, 04:41 PM
Home of the brave

Re-Cyph
14th August 2002, 03:18 PM
Out of all Wipeout experience so far I'd have to go with Auricom, it may not show in my Best Times but they are by far the best! :evil:

Lance
14th August 2002, 10:17 PM
it's a nice ship, and has a really good feel to it. but i tend to favour getting the fastest times i can [within my limited ability], so even though i have favourite ships judged on feel, somehow it always comes back to what i can pilot around the course in the least time. that's what gives me the most fun/satisfaction when i'm playing.

welcome to the forums, R-C

Sovokor
9th September 2002, 05:55 AM
Qirex 4ever!

Lance
9th September 2002, 06:58 PM
funny you should mention that. last night i was on a new memory chip and racing in Rapier class for golds, and i found that i was more easily able to drive at MegaMall with the Qirex than with the AG-S, which is totally weird. i only did one race there with each, so i don't know if it would have been a consistent pattern, but still...
i was kinda drowsy at the time, but i would have thought the Qirex would have required more attention than AG-S, which, however, i was crashing into the walls with.
the ship that was most difficult to win gold with was that damned GoTeki45, smooth but slow handling plus low top speed.

Wamdue
10th September 2002, 05:53 AM
I use assegai for recordracing on manor top.. but my fave is AG-5y5

Vasudeva
10th September 2002, 05:25 PM
Well indeed, no ship sucks more than Goteki45. Although I do like the story they wrote on the Fusion site about the disappearance of Goteki45. Really nice.

AG-S is a slick moving ship, and despite Qires being a real beast (4-4 speed-acc), I do think AG-S has the edge. Of course, Icaras is still miles ahead of'em... ;).

Peace,
V.

DJ Techno
28th September 2002, 04:39 PM
it's a shame that Ag Systems had to go away in Fusion. Really I wanted to see what they might look like in 2160, but thanks to that stupid Van Uber vacumn company. Hi I am the new (rookie) pilot on the board and I race for Auricom Ind. So my favorite team is Auricom, will always be Auricom, and as there best and captain pilot Auricom will dominate the AG circuit for all time (or until I'm dead).

^Quirex roxs
me and you should race against each other sometime
I miss having fun racing against the Russian pilots on Manor Top
^Goteki 45 sucks
I wouldn't disagree!

Lance
28th September 2002, 06:04 PM
hi Techno, welcome to the WZ forums. as to racing against each other, put your times in the wipeoutzone times tables for the version of the game you use. unfortunately, i am not at the top spot in any of them. but sOmeday! nah, i'm kidding myself ;)

__lance

DJ Techno
28th September 2002, 06:20 PM
cool, I think you might also know about the challenge I made
I did read the rules and all but it didn't say anything about more than one
so that it should be alright

maybe I'll see you on the list for my challenge?

Lance
28th September 2002, 06:37 PM
i don't have the original wipEout, nor Fusion, nor 64. my version of XL is on the PC. the pc versions can't be used in a challenge because their speed depends on the individual computer, and therefore their difficulty levels are not standardised. the current specs of your challenge are interesting, though anyone who does not have all those versions is excluded from participation. this is of course true of almost all challenges other than something like Rob's MegaMall Madness challenge for greatest improvement in times [although in practice, those who already have excellent times are highly unlikely to win].

it's certainly about time we had a couple of new challenges. we've been too inactive on those lately, due primarily to the extended delay of Fusion, and that those who got Fusion spent much of their racing time familiarising themselves with that game

DJ Techno
28th September 2002, 06:49 PM
I see, hum

is there a way were anybody who doesn't have all the the game titles can still enter, because there is going to be like a points status that *Idon't know if is used or not, or exist* when the finals competitors show up for a championship that they can still be allowed to play.

Or what i'm saying is that if you don't have the games but can get a hold of them by friend or rental and still be able to play. Because I haven't gotten all the tracks up yet. and anybody who else reads the Challenge can contact me and then they can contact someone who has or can get a hold of the stuff needed to play in the Challenge, and go on with that...

Lance
28th September 2002, 09:53 PM
i can't speak for others, but i have no one i can borrow games from. if i could afford to rent, i would already own.

any challenge will be more or less exclusionary. probably only a small percentage of our pilots have all versions. i think that not even Al has quite everything, though many of us have the major ones within a display standard region. you apparently have the NTSC versions of the games, while the majority of our members are European or Australian, and have the PAL versions of the games and machines, which are not exactly like the NTSC ones, and do not generate the same times for the same level of piloting performance. that's why we have separate times tables for three different Wipeout 3s. so you'll have to exercise considerable imagination to start a really broadbased challenge, particularly one that covers everything from the original through Fusion. have at it. i hope you come up with one that works

DJ Techno
30th September 2002, 02:58 PM
I could ask my contacts and sell persons I get my games and software from, to import for me all the PAL systems and all the games. Because I do have all the NTSC games and systems so that might be problem for the challenge I have set up. *I never knew anything about a PAL system or NTSC system, I never paid any attention to notice that*

A small percentage is fine, its a long challenge and I don't think nobody else has ever done something like this before *not that I have seen* if so then I won't concider myself the first. And I will have the challenge open, thanks.

Lance
30th September 2002, 03:44 PM
okay, make sure to post exactly what version or versions will be used [separate data entries will be required for each version]. be sure to state which mode [as in single race, or time trial, etc.], and whether weapons and all competitors are to be used, and how the results are to be posted. don't forget to state whether or not there is a time limit. it probably helps to set one, but it is optional. basically, try to make sure that all conditions are set out, so that there is the minimum possible room for misunderstanding or doubt about the results. good luck on a successful competition

DJ Techno
30th September 2002, 04:02 PM
ok
I am going to print out every word you just said man, and thanks and i am problay gonna need the luck

stin
1st October 2002, 06:16 PM
Qirex 4ever!

yeah I igree! LOL! :lol:

stin :D

DJ Techno
1st October 2002, 07:43 PM
Auricom Rules

Quirex Comes second

Viso
8th October 2002, 01:24 PM
My favorite is Feisar. Makes for exciting races trying to come in first using one of the slowest ships.

Task
9th October 2002, 07:02 PM
^Quirex roxs
^Goteki 45 sucks
I wouldn't disagree!
Hey DJ, you talking to me? 8 )
So you're another one of those "Auricom pilots"? I've heard of them, but I usually can't hear them because of how far behind they are. 8 D
I'd love to race you, but I generally only take my Qirex onto Manor Top when my opponent really sux. I imagine you'd rather that I assumed you had some skill. I'd probably fly an AG Systems for that track. Unless of course you wanted to do Eliminator, in which case I'll fly my Qirex almost every day of the week.
The Goteki 45, BTW, which I'll agree is not everyones ship, is often my craft of choice for Eliminator, where it really shines. I don't think it was meant to be used in TT or SR mode...
(anyone who's interested: The "quote" tag messes up the "color" tag)

DJ Techno
10th October 2002, 11:54 AM
^Quirex roxs
^Goteki 45 sucks
I wouldn't disagree!
Hey DJ, you talking to me? 8 )
So you're another one of those "Auricom pilots"? I've heard of them, but I usually can't hear them because of how far behind they are. 8 D
I'd love to race you, but I generally only take my Qirex onto Manor Top when my opponent really sux. I imagine you'd rather that I assumed you had some skill. I'd probably fly an AG Systems for that track. Unless of course you wanted to do Eliminator, in which case I'll fly my Qirex almost every day of the week.
The Goteki 45, BTW, which I'll agree is not everyones ship, is often my craft of choice for Eliminator, where it really shines. I don't think it was meant to be used in TT or SR mode...
(anyone who's interested: The "quote" tag messes up the "color" tag)

Yes
Yes I am another one of those Auricom Pilots, so far behind that you can't even hear the roaring missle and satelite beam cannon fire from behind and destroy you. :)
Don't take Goteki 45 up against me an a Elimanator match, I will have you Wiped Out by the first round and a quarter seconds. So use the Quirex ship, its stronger :wink:
And trust me, my skill is nothing that you have ever seen before "not like some wipeout god, but the best of the best AG pilot"
[quote]

Task
10th October 2002, 12:14 PM
Yes I am another one of those Auricom Pilots, so far behind that you can't even hear the roaring missle and satelite beam cannon fire from behind and destroy you. :)
Don't take Goteki 45 up against me an a Elimanator match, I will have you Wiped Out by the first round and a quarter seconds. So use the Quirex ship, its stronger :wink:
And trust me, my skill is nothing that you have ever seen before "not like some wipeout god, but the best of the best AG pilot"

8 D Excellent! Bring it to the time tables, my man.
I've currently got a fair set of people I'm trying to beat in the tables, and I'm always happy to see another person with a better time than me.

DJ Techno
10th October 2002, 12:21 PM
ok
I will be back

dam college classes
you know.

DJ Techno
17th October 2002, 01:26 PM
Auricom/Pirhana forever

:cough:
Auricom and Fesair forever

fusionfrenzy
1st November 2002, 08:57 PM
I Dont know, Icaras is so cool, despite being pink(I am somad it was deleted in fusion :evil: )so it would probably be Icaras but Piranha is pretty cool too......

username
23rd June 2005, 12:00 PM
my favs are:
wo3: best looking qirex best overall assegai
wo2097: best looking piranah best overall ag systems
wo1: auricom
fusion: best looking tigron best overall xios

Zero [RG] [HG]
24th June 2005, 01:12 AM
Somebody post the story of the Goteki Forty Five's disappearance...

Me=DialUp

Snapper
24th June 2005, 02:45 AM
Pirahna. Pure speed.

:twisted:

infoxicated
24th June 2005, 09:47 AM
[HG]]Somebody post the story of the Goteki Forty Five's disappearance...

Me=DialUp

In their heavily guarded Pacific island base, Goteki 45 developed a heavily shielded race craft with famously poor speed capabilities. They recruited pilots who loved to use their aggressive weapons, and they set about destroying as many opposing craft as possible. Other teams speculated that Goteki had been established by officials from a rival sport, eager to put a dent in AG racing’s popularity, but if this was true, the policy had the opposite effect. The increase in spectacular race eliminations brought in a whole new audience who loved the cynical violence of Goteki – they, in turn, were suitably devastated when the team’s island base was cynically destroyed by unknown bombers in 2137.

And then, due to a cheese-tacular train of thought on my part, the island was acquired by Sebenco Terraforming Technologies Inc. who transformed it from the barren volcanic outpost into the lush, mountainous paradise you see in Wipeout Pure. *cringe*

Dimension
24th June 2005, 11:28 AM
Barren volcanic outposts are cool Foxy, but not quite suitable for racing leagues, it had to be done in the name of FX300... maybe :roll:

Zero [RG] [HG]
27th June 2005, 02:15 AM
Thaaaaaaaaaaaank you.

::Grins.::

username
28th June 2005, 12:00 PM
Pirahna. Pure speed.

:twisted:

hhhmmm :? not to sure on piranah myself, looks good though :)
it just feels too light- like all engine no quality :(
soz to all piranah fans!!

Zero [RG] [HG]
1st July 2005, 10:48 PM
How did the Goteki team come back though, if it was completely bombed out?

infoxicated
2nd July 2005, 09:39 AM
I just figured that the Goteki outfit would be re-established in the same way as the Qirex one. To be honest, I wasn't asked to write any back story for the downloadable teams. Mainly, I think, because we hadn't decided what the teams would be at the time. I was hoping the NX1000 would be one of the unlockables - I pestered Egg about that for a bit - but the others I didn't have a say in.

If it had been my way I'd have prefered Tigron not to be one of them - I had wanted the Qirex story to come full circle, so the re-introduction of the Tigron ship made that a bit messy. I think in the blurb we decided that the Tigron ship for Pure would be an example of the final Tigron ship to roll off the production line, rather than an all new assault by a team I'd gotten rid of. It's kind of hard to see Tigron making any kind of a comeback after their role in the fall of the F9000.

I didn't touch VanUber - they sucked enough in Fusion without me getting all terminal on them, so why they've made a comeback is open to discussion.

You'd like to think this was all nicely planned out from the moment in mid-2003 where they said "lets make another Wipeout game", but the reality is that the game romps along by itself and then the back story ends up being shoehorned to fit as best it can towards the end. At least that's the way it turned out in my case, anyway. :)

Drakkenmensch
2nd July 2005, 12:04 PM
Infoxicated, from your posts I'm guessing that you're working for the development team of Studio Liverpool? :D

Sausehuhn
2nd July 2005, 03:17 PM
Hey Infox,
do you know if they will add the new tracks and ships to the offical website's sections? They could update the site when the update it for the downloadable content. I would like to see some infos about the new (old) teams and circuits - I'm sure you're the man that has enough fantasy and infos about WipEout in his head to write some (little) backstory, aren't you? :)

infoxicated
2nd July 2005, 05:56 PM
Infoxicated, from your posts I'm guessing that you're working for the development team of Studio Liverpool? :D
Yes.

Sausehuhn, I don't know if they will or not - aside from writing some content I didn't have much to do with the official site.

Sausehuhn
2nd July 2005, 06:01 PM
Hm... that's a shame :|
Let's hope they will do these updates. There a 4 free spaces in the team section. The new teams would fit these ones perfectly :D

Lion
2nd July 2005, 09:40 PM
Sausehuhn: before they add the new tracks to the site I'd like to see the rest of the shipped tracks in there
at the moment all of the neotronic tracks are missing
I'd like to see some blurb about why each of the oldschool tracks was selected and how the neotronic system fits in with fx300

Sausehuhn
3rd July 2005, 11:00 AM
Yes, you're right. They also don't say a word about the zone tracks...

infoxicated
3rd July 2005, 12:11 PM
I'd like to see some blurb about why each of the oldschool tracks was selected and how the neotronic system fits in with fx300
They were selected with reference to The Great Big Track Survey (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1954) done on this site. The neotronic style came about because of the time constraints on the project. From early on the PSP was meant to launch worldwide in the final quarter of 2004, but the classic tracks just couldn't be re-done from scratch in that time.

As we all know the launch of the PSP has slipped somewhat, but the initial deadline is what gives us the tron-style tracks.

Drakkenmensch
3rd July 2005, 12:34 PM
In a way, it still fits within the context. Many of those tracks from earlier games (such as Karbonis and Sagarmatha) haven't existed in over a hundred years, so this could be seen as a VR videogame revival of those tracks for the benefits of the pilots who never got a chance to experience them, based on ancient construction blueprints from a recently unearthed archive.

Sausehuhn
3rd July 2005, 12:42 PM
yes. Played in an simulator or something.
Sounds cool.

Zone could be the same.
"Because of its dangers and risks the FX300 racing league decided to deliver zone races only in special near-to-reality-simulators that guaranty the savety of the pilots."

Drakkenmensch
3rd July 2005, 01:07 PM
I can see the ads for those now!

Hey AG racers! Tired of hearing the same old stories from your aged old great-grandpa at the old folks home who keeps telling you how you're all a bunch of spoiled wimps who 'don't know what Karbonis was really like' and 'never got to experience Manor Top'? Now's your chance! The VRworld Corp gives you that chance now! Come experience those ancient tracks with all the comfort(*) and safety(*) of a specially designed VR pilot booth!

(*) The VRworld Corp holds no legal liability for any medical conditions developped from using it's patented happy-fun-VR-tech(tm), including but not limited to: headache, dizzyness, migraine, astygmatism, myopia, seizures, shakes, nerve damage, cerebellum injuries, coma, death and excessive sweating. VR tech is not for everyone, consult your notary to update your legal will before use.

infoxicated
3rd July 2005, 02:43 PM
They are exactly that - immersive simulations - matrix style :)

TearsToShreds
18th July 2005, 05:25 PM
My favorite team is a toss between Pirahnna and Quirex, two completely different ships, I know. Reasons:
Pirahnna: Great steering, nice speed and good looks. The low shield is not really a point for me, as I never hit walls, and I take my pit stop when needed :wink:

Quirex: Great speed, great thrust, and it has just always been my favorite ship, because it just looks awesome.

Shea@Auricom
19th July 2005, 11:43 AM
Piranha is beautiful... it is, but AG systems - not that fast though...but God, does it look good :)

flying_saucer
20th July 2005, 10:17 PM
hard to decide they all have bad and good points but some just are good to fly with :D

like assegai is very good but its shield is like thin as a wire.

pirhana has excellent handling and its speed is not to fast to fly out of a corner. (newbies excluded :wink: )

feisar is very fine in phantom :D
and goteki is also good with shield

icaras is like crap handling but i can still manage it with airbreaks :)

Qirex [RD] is like a bro of icaris only less speed and 1 more shield to make it a little bit more handable 8)

auricom is like a standard craft is has all 3 i think.

AG-S(ystems) is quite good but i dont like its handling. ( i dont know why but i dont fly good with them) (well not that good)

bakkufu
19th September 2005, 06:19 PM
I've always flown AG-5Y5 but I've tried and tested the others for the fun of it. Only exception was in Fusion where I was stuck with the ghastly looking EG-R craft :S

As for Pure tracks though, any chance of Qoron IV??? I notice there wasn't a fave track thread for 64.

Janos
13th November 2005, 09:19 PM
Feisar rocks. I always loved it. I know that it's not the fastest ship, but this just makes the race more exciting IMHO.

Jittery-Joe
14th November 2005, 04:20 PM
Piranha, no competition, with Qirex coming a nostalgic Second.

ace-of-spades
6th September 2006, 06:05 PM
AG, or Piranha. In Vector class Assegai, i tend to find that on longer races it tends to blow up more... I usually come out ok with the Feisar although it can be a bit of a battle. And then the Auricom, and the Quirex, which take alot of effort but can be rewarding.

Overall the AG though.

Chill
7th September 2006, 01:56 AM
Wipeout: Feisar (1)
Wipeout 3: Assegai
Wipeout Fusion: EG.r
Wipeout Pure: Piranha/Icaras

Sadley, haven't touched Wipeout XL yet. I bought it once, but only ended getting ripped off when it didn't actually come in the mail, and I was waiting and hoping for that months on end!!! Pisses me off!!!

ace-of-spades
7th September 2006, 10:28 AM
I wouldnt worry too much, its not as much of a challenge as the original Wipeout, and is outclassed by Wipeout 3. In my opinion, the worst of the series on the PS.

eLhabib
7th September 2006, 10:41 AM
wipEout2097/XL worst of the PS1 era??? well, it might not be as tough as the first one, but it sure is more refined, and a lot more varied in track design. Also, for a lot of fans, 2097/XL is the one that defines the style they think of when someone mentions wipEout.

don't get me wrong, if in your opinion 2097/XL is the 'worst' of the series on PS1, that's fine, everyone has their own taste. I just don't think that 'worst' is a valid word in this context. To me, the first 3 entries in the series are pretty much equal, with the original winning in the atmosphere department, 2097/XL winning in style and gameplay, and 3 winning in challenging difficulty.

ace-of-spades
7th September 2006, 12:33 PM
Yeah, i can accept that, i couldnt think of a way to say "least best" without making it over complex. Im not saying its bad. Its just that the original wipeout is so hard is such a challenge, and Wipeout is just a bigger game, with more stuff in it, leaving 2097 as a kind of middle child. It is just personal opinion i guess.

eLhabib
7th September 2006, 12:55 PM
well in terms of content, 2097/XL is a LOT richer: more speed classes, more ships, more tracks, more challenges, more weapons etc. etc. ...

lordpenguin
7th September 2006, 05:45 PM
2097 has much less of these annoying track splits! Sampa run and Stanza inter are hard.

Asayyeah
7th September 2006, 07:14 PM
it's been a loooong time i ve heard someone feeling Wipeout XL/2097 the ' least best ' of the series...
As Martin said :' everyone has their own taste'
And you know my taste Huh Martin ? :D

Lance
7th September 2006, 09:46 PM
GASP! Sacrilege!

[Loves XL]

ace-of-spades
7th September 2006, 09:52 PM
Well, maybe i need to give it more time. And i mean that Wipeout 3 is a bigger game than 2097, dont think i was concentrating when i typed that, haha!

daminmancejin
8th September 2006, 09:53 AM
i love the piranha in Wipeout3

Zerow
8th September 2006, 10:23 PM
Feisar all the way for me.

Assegai is my second favourite, and AG Systems a very close third.

andy
23rd September 2006, 10:25 PM
Assegai by far. Fast and manouverable. I only play on phantom and Assegai is the most rewarding craft. A bad shield doesn't really matter if you don't hit any walls. Really comes into it's own on tracks like stanza inter and 90degree turns on manor top.

ace-of-spades
24th September 2006, 03:03 PM
But then again, espescially in the different difficulty class's longer races you can get screwed with Assegai right at the end. I am probably too coy about going into the pits.

andy
25th September 2006, 06:41 PM
Lol! I know what you mean. I went on the last weapon challenge ealier and kept on getting destroyed (there were no pits). But on another note, I managed to destroy all competitors in the icarus on weapon challenge 7!:D:D:DWoo!

Albino Ace
26th September 2006, 03:52 PM
I'd have to say Piranha. It seems like a good ship overall...pretty fast too...

2nd fave, I'd have to go with AG systems.

°o°O PiranhA >>>>
5th October 2006, 11:37 PM
My top 5
====================
#1 Piranha
#2 Qirex & Assegai
#3 Puma Series
#4 AG Systems
#5 Auricom
... ...

And used by Time Trial

#1 Zone
#2 Medieval

Dominator
6th October 2006, 08:08 AM
°o°O PiranhA >>>> this topic *Favorite Ship* is for wip3out, not Pure as per your ship selection, try the Pure Forum for same topic, no harm done!! ;) :)

Lance
6th October 2006, 08:13 PM
Thanks, Dom; the mods didn't even have to do anything! :D

°o°O PiranhA >>>>
6th October 2006, 08:14 PM
Oh sry btw :brickwall

Max A K Challie
6th December 2006, 08:58 PM
°o°O PiranhA >>>>, your username is cool with the conversion of the original logo. How did you get those small o's? You must have a different keyboard or something.

On topic, my favourite craft is easily the Piranha, with seconds in W3O being the Assegai, Qirex and probably the Icarus. I love using the Qirex for drifting, with all the weight and a fat ass. It's fun.

Medusa
7th December 2006, 05:17 PM
AG 5y5 all the way...it handles like a giant needle, whoahaha...
Fast with enough of a shield to get me through a phantom class race, and that lovely shape lets me lift up the nose and do more wallscraping in Stanza Inter than anything. And what is more fun than scraping along a racetrack wall at inhuman speeds?

Silverstream
7th December 2006, 07:40 PM
°o°O PiranhA >>>>, your username is cool with the conversion of the original logo. How did you get those small o's? You must have a different keyboard or something.

The small 'o's are actually degree signs. Hold ALT and press the number keys 0, 1, 8 and 6 in that order (must be on the number pad to the right of the keyboard). Example: º. Hope that helps! :D

Back on topic, my favourite team in Wip3out would have to be AG Systems. The craft has an outstanding design in this iteration, and I raced with it most often when unlocking everything.

Piranha (or 'Pirhana') were a real let down in this game for me.

Flying_Finn
10th February 2007, 02:38 PM
My favorite ships:
1. Assegai (i just don't know why but it's great!)
2. Pirhana-A (Perhana here in Finland)
3. Qirex (liked it in Wipeout 2097 and i still do)
4. AG-System
5. Icaras

YoshiXL
8th March 2007, 11:07 PM
Auricom, i just like their colours and ship styles.

XR_GTR
9th March 2007, 07:33 PM
I find Feisar and Assegai to be most sutible for me, moreso on higher speed classes, because they are so nimble...
On the other hand however I do enjoy a spin around in the Quirex from time to time.

username
16th March 2007, 09:23 AM
the qirex from 2097 is exellent, and has a nice heavy feel to it. Howeer not as good in wipeout 3. In wipeout 3 i would say that qirex has the best looking design, but assegai is by far the best ship for its handling characteristics. (imho)

Rapier Racer
16th March 2007, 07:28 PM
hmmm lets see now

1) Assegai (SURPRISE!)

aaand if you want to expand the field a bit past Wipeout 3

2) Qirex (Pure Version)
3) Van Uber
4) Tigron

Chill
18th March 2007, 02:32 AM
Well, my favourite use to be Assegai, but now I seem not to use it nearly as much... I use Icaras, because of the challenge and because it's the only way I could possibly ever beat times... AG Systems now seems more fit for my style in flight characteristics than Assegai had previously...

PIRANHA MASTER
8th April 2007, 08:37 AM
PIRANHA-A IS THE DOMINATOR!!

Dominator
9th April 2007, 02:33 AM
No I'm the Dominator :D

Lance
9th April 2007, 06:04 PM
um... 'piranha master', this is a WO3 thread, and in WO3, Icaras dominates the records.

If we're going to be strictly accurate, the ''Piranha'' team doesn't even exist in WO3, although ''Pirhana Advancements'' does. ;)

AmigoJack
10th April 2007, 01:18 AM
true lance ;) the name "pirhana" even looks a bit better imho.

and besides: yes - auricom is the best because of its craft style *g*

username
16th April 2007, 12:29 PM
Auricom does tend to have very good styles, (apart from in fusion). But i like qirex look from wip3out best. has a nice heavy look and feel to it

PIRANHA MASTER
17th April 2007, 05:48 PM
um... 'piranha master', this is a WO3 thread, and in WO3, Icaras dominates the records.

If we're going to be strictly accurate, the ''Piranha'' team doesn't even exist in WO3, although ''Pirhana Advancements'' does. ;)
Yes,Lance the true name is Piranha-A and I've writed Piranha because i usually say Piranha instead of the WO3 name.And,I say that the piranha is the dominator because I like it a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooot!!!!:D :D :D

Flying_Finn
18th April 2007, 12:49 PM
lol, I also don't use its real name. I call it "Perhana", all you Finns out there knows what i mean.

Lance
18th April 2007, 10:04 PM
Pirhana, the Perkele Ship. :D

Flying_Finn
19th April 2007, 05:25 PM
omg! Lance where have you learned that??

Lance
19th April 2007, 06:37 PM
About 40+ years ago when I read 'The Black Rose'.

And since less than a year ago, I have a friend in Suomi who lives in Helsinki. Sometimes he explains things to me. :D Last year, when we met in Texas, he taught me how to pronounce 'devil' in Finnish. Properly rolling/trilling the 'r'. :)

WizzyWig
9th May 2007, 03:04 AM
AG Systems for life!

xdirex
16th May 2007, 05:39 PM
Assegai by far. Fast and manouverable. I only play on phantom and Assegai is the most rewarding craft. A bad shield doesn't really matter if you don't hit any walls. Really comes into it's own on tracks like stanza inter and 90degree turns on manor top.

Absolutley. Undoubtedly the best ship ever in a Wipeout to date (IMO). Let's see what Pulse has to offer... :hyper

RJ O'Connell
18th May 2007, 03:40 PM
Qirex. It's a bit faster than the AG-S, has better thrust and shield than the AG-S and Icaras. Handling can improve, but hey - it's a Qirex. ;)

G'Kyl
19th May 2007, 12:50 PM
Qirex. It's a bit faster than the AG-S, has better thrust and shield than the AG-S and Icaras. Handling can improve, but hey - it's a Qirex. ;)

That's the spirit! (By the way, you got your avatar wrong. ;-) ) It's always been Qirex for me - except for Pure where most teams lost a lot of their former specifics and charme. Hope they're gonna bring that back with Pulse...

Ben

Lance
19th May 2007, 07:40 PM
Yeah, in Pure, Qirex changed design philosophy. :(

codyz2116
4th July 2007, 01:30 PM
Auricom baby!

q_dmc12
13th July 2007, 03:26 PM
1. Goteki
1a. AG Sys (have not unlocked it yet)
2. Qirex

Dr. Angryman
13th July 2007, 09:19 PM
AG5Y5! :g That's my favorite! It's fast off the line, quick off the corner, and looks good wherever it is. :hyper

Chill
14th July 2007, 08:21 AM
Whatever's fastest. Learn to keep good speed without slowing down, thrust isn't much of an essence... :)

phl0w
17th July 2007, 12:34 AM
Whatever's fastest.
Amen to that. Function over form!

angelino
17th July 2007, 01:59 AM
My fave from W3O is definitely the Assegai... in fact this is my fave craft pound for pound from any of the games!

Lance
17th July 2007, 06:22 PM
Whatever's fastest.

Amen to that. Function over form!

http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showpost.php?p=4725&postcount=2
:g

LilMaggot
20th July 2007, 01:16 PM
Has to be Piranha for me. I don't really know why that ship stands out above the rest for me, I guess in my early wipeout days I found it the easiest to handle and that has always stayed with me.

am_auricom
7th August 2007, 04:00 PM
thanks to everyone for accept me in the forum. ;).
i haven´t any dude that my favourite team is... AURICOM.

let´s be friends, bye.

Lance
7th August 2007, 04:23 PM
Auricom is your favourite? :o I would never ever have guessed. ;) :turbowink: :D

Welcome to the WipeoutZone, am_auricom. :)

Mark Of Insanity
9th August 2007, 03:28 PM
A warm welcome to the Forums, am_auricom!

My favourite visually is either Auricom or Goteki. They're very different from all the others but that's in a good way. Goteki is simple yet elegant, but Auricom looks like some kind of rabid dog imo.

While Pirhana is easy to handle, my favourite has to be AG Systems.
Acceleration > Top Speed. (Except on the last Prototype tracks and Altima)

RJ O'Connell
19th August 2007, 02:51 PM
But why are you now flying with Icaras, Mark? ^_^

Well, if Thrust > Top Speed in Wipeout 3, then how come Icaras, which has the poorest in-game acceleration of any ship in the game, has almost every #1 record on the tables and not Qirex, which has a 4/5 in both Speed and Thrust?

I think that's a point only valid in Pure. But what do I know, really. ;)

Lance
19th August 2007, 03:10 PM
In WO3, when Icaras catches a boost pad, it reaches a substantially higher speed than any other ship, and the boost lasts longer; no other ship can hold high speed so well. Most of the tracks have at least one really long straight where that high speed helps a lOt, and when you reach the corners. Icaras' slow handling/yaw rate lets it use turboscraping more reliably, too.

Mark Of Insanity
20th August 2007, 01:56 PM
Er I meant in WO1 and Pure really when I said Acceleration > Top Speed, which is stupid because this is a Wipeout 3 thread... er, yeah lol. I love Icaras, but for different reasons from those I stated for AG-Systems. I enjoy AG-Systems, but Icaras is actually a better craft in general, over all of the others, really. The only way I can describe my playing style is by looking at the stats of EG-X in Pulse. (The stats are shown in alot of the videos on YouTube.) Acceleration and Speed sacrificing Handling and Shield. But if I had a choice between better handling or better shield, I'd go with Handling 'most every time.

But because I suck at Turboscraping and Turboboosting (how can I press that button without letting go of the accelerate button, my hands are small lolz), I find Icaras harder than AG-Systems to fly, even if I end up with better times... I used to play WO1 avidly, and there I trained myself to avoid walls but keep a good line. The playing ethic in Wipeout 3 is totally different. A slight scratch against the wall actually helps rather than stops you dead. Anyway, point in case, I need more practice at Icaras and Wipeout 3 to find it easier. But the more I play it, the easier and more useful Icaras is.

I've grown to appreciate it more, I think, as it has molded into my playing style. Once I start to play 2097 and 3/SE as much as I did WO1, I will hopefully start to become better at those games too.

In short, the reason I don't always fly with Icaras is because I suck too much, but am getting better so it always seems more appealing until it becomes worth my while flying Icaras and becomes an even more appealing experience.

andy
10th September 2007, 04:52 PM
I have finally switched over from assegai to icaras =D

Lance
10th September 2007, 09:03 PM
Icaras

Chill
11th September 2007, 01:43 AM
I did that later on too... ;) "Admiring my Icon"...

Lance
11th September 2007, 03:57 PM
Did what? I was pointing out the misspelling of the team name.

Rapier Racer
11th September 2007, 08:45 PM
I have finally switched over from assegai to icarus =D

You fool! ;)

Lance
11th September 2007, 08:59 PM
Coming from a guy who used to call himself ''Assegai Developments'', this response is not surprising. :D

Chill
14th September 2007, 05:04 AM
Did what? I was pointing out the misspelling of the team name.

I was talking to both of andy and you, not to just you, so my post still has reasoning... HWA HWA HWA!!!!! :bat

You fool! ;)

What's wrong with a little bit of speed freakyness?? We're not fools, we're champions! :)

Rapier Racer
16th September 2007, 02:15 PM
I don't remember Icaras winning any championships. I remember Icaras complaining about the state of the tracks and never finishing a race..:beer

Chill
16th September 2007, 09:40 PM
That's because they're all or none, that's just how we roll, or should I say... FLOAT!!! :banzai

Lion
18th September 2007, 10:52 AM
how very Ricky Bobby
if you're not first, you're last

Infected
25th September 2007, 09:38 PM
In the begining Assegai Developments but after finishing Phantom Class i managed to change my fav into: Piranha Advancements :D

adelheid
26th September 2007, 01:39 AM
Traitor! >:|

Lion
26th September 2007, 02:03 AM
and to add further confusion, his avatar is now Triakis

Medusa
26th September 2007, 02:31 AM
Signs of a widely-travelled pilot?? Personally I'm a huge traitor to AG-5Y5 right now in the wipeout world...it's sad. Qirex in WO64, Puma1 in Pure, Icaras in SE. I plan to return gung-ho to the AGS-all-the-time-club in Pulse.
(Piranha on Phantom in Wip3out...I dunno about that one. Maybe you're thinking of Pure...)

Infected
26th September 2007, 08:03 AM
and to add further confusion, his avatar is now Triakis

Haha! yeah im a traitor maybe:P but the reason why i have Triakis avatar is that its: Hardcore:D and i love Hardcore music, just try to listen something from this label:

Braindestruction Recordz (http://speedcore.de/)

In The freetracks zone you can find out what is really Hardcore;P

Anyway i started flying with Triakis in Pure and i must say its awesome ship cause now in Phantom Class PUMA1 is too messy to fly:P too much handling :D

Lion
26th September 2007, 12:16 PM
ooh! ta for the link, there's some good stuff in there, including some vojeet tracks I haven't heard before

adelheid
27th September 2007, 04:40 AM
So being traitorous is quite common? In that case I confess:

Qirex.

I love AD handling and stuff, but there's something about screaming down the track in a two-ton battering-ram that really gets me going :D

Infected
27th September 2007, 09:02 AM
ooh! ta for the link, there's some good stuff in there, including some vojeet tracks I haven't heard before

Yeah you tried Vojeet - SC-Board Project 2?:D

I love Assegai cause of its really awesome design totally different than other ships :) and the livery :)

blixabargeld
1st April 2008, 10:00 AM
like pirhana craft, here

Albino Ace
1st April 2008, 08:10 PM
Back in the ole' days ('99, 2K, etc.) - Piranha
March '08 - Qirex
Now - maybe Icaras :o

...damn that Sampa Run vector race (http://youtube.com/watch?v=d8bL-Hiugjs)...I think it got me addicted to Icaras' higher speed. :dizzy

Hillo
1st April 2008, 08:25 PM
Icaras, once i got used to it, there was no going back.

TheFrostE
7th April 2008, 07:54 PM
....FEISAR, live on baby! i dont care if they are slow, its more of a respect for the team thing for me, i just love them and their story.

Linchpin
8th April 2008, 01:49 PM
Assegai :D Because I live in Durban , South Africa , where Assegai's headquaters are based . Also their is a town near where I stay called Assegai :) , on the wipeout website they say it's the African word for spear , but more precisely Assegai is the Zulu word for spear :nod

Albino Ace
8th April 2008, 03:03 PM
Assegai's name and color combo are quite interesting, indeed...I've seen pictures of it in a wiki article and such...and guess how it looked: brownish-green (always looked a bit on the green side to me...maybe its my colorblind-ness =O :lol ) with the speartip in light blue! :P

Where is THAT color pattern familiar... LOL

Assegai is a pretty neat team, but overall I mostly fly Icaras now. (I personally feel I've been doing much better in the record tables since the switch...hehehe)

Lance
8th April 2008, 03:48 PM
The original W3O Assegai looks dusky gold and blue to me. [I'm not colourblind]

feisarfan
9th April 2008, 09:45 PM
FEISAR

The ship in Wipeout 3 looked great and was great for me anyway

DJ Techno
8th May 2008, 08:23 PM
Auricom

Pirhana

Feisar

no Quirex (how ever somebody will call it. I'll call it. What it is!)
no Assegai ( No AmigoJack (?) NO )

I made a tune for Goteki 45..

Go Go Goteki Go! Go Goteki 45
just something from Speed Racer that makes disliken that small (easter island like) team more aweful

Quasi
28th June 2008, 05:01 PM
I'd have to go with Piranha. and then Auricom.

ever since i got piranha in 2097, with its maxed out stats, it has held a strange presence. And then auricom because once you learn to pilot the all-rounder, you can just about fly anything (except icaras).:+

KIGO1987
29th June 2008, 12:02 PM
I thought you been in Adelaide and all would of gone with your city team of Triakis. I hope you didnt take my opinion of Adelaide to directly Quasi. Perth is a bit of a hole also.

My favourite team would of had to be Auricom from Wipeout to SE. Fusion would of had to be XIOS and EG-R, Pure Goteki, Pulse Goteki and EG-X.

Quasi
1st July 2008, 08:37 AM
Hehe, no problem, adelaide is a very strange (and not too pleasant) place.

i had no idea that triakis was from adelaide though, and i could never imagine an AG-racing team to come out of the small-minded city.:?

AG-wolf
1st July 2008, 01:02 PM
truth be told, since I was such a Qirex diehard in XL, I actually never used anyone other than them in WO3. Granted I had to use all the other teams to UNLOCK stuff, but once I had accomplished that, i went back to solely using Qirex :3 Just something so damn fun about their ship in the old games (Except WO1... Auricom all the way, there)

KIGO1987
1st July 2008, 03:44 PM
Hehe, no problem, adelaide is a very strange (and not too pleasant) place.

i had no idea that triakis was from adelaide though, and i could never imagine an AG-racing team to come out of the small-minded city.:?

When i bought Pulse in Dec of last year i noticed when i was reading the manual that Triakis HQ was in Adelaide. Had a small laugh. I dont know what Studio Liverpool where thinking about when they thought of that idea. But when you think about it Adelaide is the Detroit of Australia where most of the Aussie built cars come from.

andy
23rd August 2008, 09:34 PM
my favourite ship is pirhana

i use icarus on porto koro for my first race to warm up =] then its pretty much pirhana all the way on all the other tracks except porto koro

WolfKill01
28th March 2009, 11:26 PM
Icaras by far. Used to be qirex back in the day of 2097, but icaras stole my heart away. So elegant, so fast. And the weak shields meant the player had to have some experience before getting behind the wheel of one of these beasts.

andy
30th March 2009, 11:15 PM
changed my mind, favourite is Icaras and then AG Systems. I've started using the internal camera view and I reckon they've got nice cockpits, and they're both nice and fast. Which one I choose usually depends on the track. AG Systems is a nice craft to just breeze through a track with, and Icarus is the one I use for lap times if I feel like a serious race or maybe just the added challenge.

I recently bought a brand new Wip3out off of eBay so now all the tracks work again so I can really choose a favourite ship or two now =D

Temet
31st March 2009, 08:49 AM
In W3O, I always use AG System (once I get all the gold medals with all the ships).

The ships had a real better looking in WO2097... and I also used AG system on WO2097.

As I recently bought a PSP with WO pure and pulse, I'm now racing again, after years away from video games.
I don't know yet my favorite ship on these ones...

willsgb13
31st May 2009, 07:12 PM
i like the spread of ships in wip3out; there's no poor ships - even feisar and goteki are fun due to their slower speeds making a good racing line on the boost pads, wall grind boosting and aggressive weapon wielding important in order to compete in and win races, and unlike wipeout, 2097 or pure, the other games i've played extensively so far (i also own fusion and pulse but have not given them due time and attention - yet) in 3 you must master all the ships in order to unlock everything and achieve a full set of golds in the single races, thus garnering an appreciation for the spread of qualities and the quirks of each ship. this is something i love about 3. anyway, here's my rundown; i skimmed this thread an saw a good spread of opinions. i have more then one favourite of my own, but no exclusions. anyway >

feisar - great handling and a good shield make racing this one all about the track and taking out your opponents. there's something very 'wipeout' about feisar; their ships always look like the model for wipeout craft, and despite the slow speed the favourable statistics in the other fields, and their everprescence in the other games, make them a team wipeout cannot really do without. bringing up the rear with style. they're kind of like what the grunts are to halo. i never mind a spin in a feisar. 8/10

goteki45 - they look great, very industrial and yet sleek for a horseshoe craft, and the speed often seems better then it is because of the decent handling and acceleration. not a front runner in 3 and yet not out of place in wipeout. the shield's a solid 4 and it is a cynical ram to be fair, but it's fun to bash around in 7/10

auricom - dependable, familiar and competitive. this ship is an all rounder, from what i remember. it's great for getting to know the tracks, although it's not what it was in the predecessor games, it should be noted. still, a worthy competitor. 7/10

qirex - these guys up the ante considerably. the beast of 3, it can take a lot of punishment and blast through the opposition. it's weighty, leading to the challenge of controlling tight turns and 180s and spirals and uneven ground and handling the weight at the high speeds it can get to so quickly with its acceleration. the russians build them tough and aggressive and it's one of the best again in 3. changing my score now after playing a little for kicks, not sure why i only gave it 8 before, it's outstanding, speed and thrust 4 each? the handling is poor but that just makes it so satisfying to pilot successfully. :+ 9/10

piranha - it's not a supership anymore, but it's still shithot, decent, not so high speed but brilliant manouverability and it looks fantastic, like a shark. one of my favourites in this iteration of the tournament, because it's a nippy, vicious challenge to zoom through to victory in. :+ 9/10

ag systems - the best all rounder in the game. for comfortable handling and speed, i can't get enough of these guys. honestly my favourite team just to cruise around the tracks in this year's event. in wipeout and 2097, they brought up the rear with feisar as auricom and qirex forged ahead with their now legendary rivalry but ag systems just about supplants them both this year for overall win IMO. just about. but the medium handling, thrust and the speed of 4 make for a great combination of agility and swiftness, and it also looks fantastic :+:+ 10/10

assegai - a brilliant newcomer, made of win for one reason - the phenomenal handling, that's almost too responsive occasionally. the low shield and the good but not outstanding speed make it a fun craft to ruckus with in the packed tracks too, with weapons and collisions with other craft jostling for position. this is one of the two best craft in 3 for one reason - there are four attributes these craft all have a proficiency in, but shield strength rarely causes too many problems for the skilled driver, especially with an assegai whose great manouvering means usage of the pitlanes without too much time lost in the race - edit not to mention dodging rockets and mines -, and a good acceleration can help a poorer craft but on the top end of business on the track the faster speeds the crafts can reach however quickly or slowly invariably win out. speed and handling are the more important qualities over shield and acceleration, hence assegai :+ 9/10

icaras - and this beast, which is the best craft in the game. ag may be my favourite to cruise but this is a joint favourite for sheer outstanding competition and awesome speed. tearing breakneck through tracks on phantom with these guys is an exhiliration no other ship in this game can achieve. it's simply the best. the poor handling simply means more practice and more skill required. the poor shield is meaningless once you become skillful enough to shoot out in front of the rest. it's simply thrilling annihilating a track, blitzing through it so quickly you can barely see what's going on around the ship and the track itself, it's superb.
edit - i forgot to add this, some reasoning for why speed wins in 3; in wipeout, 2097 and pure, collision physics stop you and slow you down significantly, thus requiring you to perfect a collision-free racing line to do well. in wipeout 3, you can grind the walls which actually increases you speed, which you all know anyway. and of course this can be detrimental if you're not great at it, like me, and you manage to do it mainly before a turn thus flinging you into a wall and stopping you dead anyway, but it increases the speed in this game. and of course, 3 had the option to boost in exchange for shield energy, in addition to the boost powerup and the boost pads the other games also have. therefore, speeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed. 3 is geared to speed. and icaras is simply the fastest. win :+:+ 10/10

a great tournament all round. wip3out ftw :pirate

SonicChaos
22nd June 2009, 06:36 PM
I love Assegai for the great handling it has. I can make do with low shields and so-so speed. Even on my friend's copy of HD it's awesome. I've been playing this game since I was 10 and always used Assegai when given a choice.

willsgb13
23rd June 2009, 01:17 AM
great here on 3, not too memorable in pure when i tend to use piranha or zone, and not that great on pulse either, for me anyway, more comfortable with ag-sys, eg-x or piranha on that one. not sure why i've not really gotten to grips with it yet. great team though and essential to wipeout now

SonicChaos
23rd June 2009, 02:57 PM
It seems so. I used to use AG Systems back in the first one, though I rarely play it due to the "you simply touch a wall and come to a dead stop" collisions of the game.

As far as WO3 Icaras reigns supreme for the sheer fact that it's the fastest for times. It's what team your comfortable with vs. what team will get the best times.

willsgb13
23rd June 2009, 11:20 PM
that unforgiving crash physics aspect frustrated me too initially, but then i got to grips with the racing lines and the controls for the different teams, particularly auricom and qirex; ag-sys and feisar were good challenges for their lack of speed but generally it was better to use one of the former for beating the tournaments and getting impressive times

as for wip3out, ag-systems is the most comfortable, and to be perfectly honest the most enjoyable and ship for me, and obviously icaras gets the best times and is the most exhilirating ship to fly in. arguments can be made for piranha, assegai and qirex too. auricom are a distant shot at best, goteki and feisar are championed with great courage IMO. there wasn't that same sense of balance that you get in pulse back then

SonicChaos
25th June 2009, 07:18 PM
True. Balance isn't perfect, still there's always a team you'll play just for the sheer fun you get out of it.

willsgb13
25th June 2009, 09:40 PM
of course, so your favourites, sonicchaos, are assegai and icaras? what are other people's favourites? don't let us monopolise the thread hey!

there is of course personal, aesthetic and historical favouritism to consider. woops you got me going again, aaaaaaaaaaaaaa essaygarble - - - >

- feisar belong in wipeout, but they also represent the squabbling of the EU and the high quality yet flawed, stuttering finished product that lack of consensus among an affluent and well developed set of countries can produce.
- goteki are very likeable, almost a brightly coloured, positive qirex pretender. good thrust and handling make them fun to drive through tracks. they remind me of harimau from pure - likeable but not a great ship. nice guys come last?
- auricom were one of the front runners alongside qirex in the earlier games, but the americans tried a more balanced approach in 3, and as such don't blow minds as much. still, another essential wipeout team, and quite american, discounted at peril and always prepared, better then they look normally.
- qirex meanwhile are very russian and soviet, bullish and powerful and competitive and aggressive. they can take more **** then anyone and are one of the fastest ships, poor handling and a fat arse just makes for more satisfyingly observed racing lines and more thrilling weapon battles. fun to get stuck into the field of opponents and rip the track up with.
- piranha started out as shady chinese developers who built parts for pre-2097 ships and then of course rolled out the supership in that one, which completely owned; they then became a brazilian ship. i don't know their stats in fusion, but in 2097, pure, pulse and i'm assuming HD, they're always the fastest. i like the samba and the zipping bite and the ferrari drive of the piranha
- ag-systems are the dilligently produced, sleek and standard bearing japanese team, pioneers of the sport and essential to it. glad that g-tech rubbish from fusion wasn't perpetuated. love ag-systems.
- assegai are the african equivalent of feisar, except the outstanding handling makes for an overall better ship. i suppose that they're african in the sense that the ship is very agile and athletic with the uber responsive steering; you'd want a more colourful and extravagant african ship then assegai i'd have thought. still enjoyable to weave expertly around. probably the only ship you can really relax with on manor top.
- icaras started out as owned by various people as stated by the manual of 3, but are since confirmed as the british team. streamlined, sleek, like a blade slicing through the air, the sheer speed that this team embodies makes them awesome. looks great too. best of british.

blah blah blah. i love ag-systems, piranha and icaras, and don't really dislike any of them.

SonicChaos
25th June 2009, 10:41 PM
I don't dislike any, and My Favorite is Assegai and AG Systems. Icaras I only use for getting fast times because I don't really like it that much.

In Assegai you can zip around Manortop on Vector if you anticipate the turns.

willsgb13
26th June 2009, 12:37 AM
agreed

i don't really enjoy vector or venom once i've started mastering phantom on 3, though, but that's just me. it - the first 2 speed classes - just seems too pedestrian by that point.

anyway, favourites, anyone else?

SonicChaos
26th June 2009, 07:08 PM
I think we're the only ones here, unfortunately.

willsgb13
28th June 2009, 11:07 AM
favourite team for different modes? favourite team for eliminator? also, i'll post points totals for the different teams' attributes next time, could be interesting, i know that ag-systems and feisar actually have the highest totals in pulse for example, while triakis, piranha and eg-x i think have slightly lower totals then the others

Amorbis
28th June 2009, 02:38 PM
In Wip3out my favourite team is Piranha-A and is my favourite Piranha in WipEout, hence my avatar. The statistics of the ship work very well for me, very agile and quite fast. The handling just gives it the edge over Auricom for me; Piranha's four handling makes a big difference in the faster speed modes and is enough to stop me from banging into the walls too much. The shield is an issue, though. If I find myself on the wrong end of a quake it doesn't do too much for me if I'm far from the pits. Luckily that doesn't happen too much ;).

Apart from Piranha I'm quite fond of FEISAR and Assegai. FEISAR is great for thrusting like a lunatic and has a great combination of handling and shields. Assegai might be a paper plane but handles so well that you don't plant yourself in the wall too often to care.

SonicChaos
28th June 2009, 06:29 PM
YAY for someone else posting besides me an will! I race Pirhana first until i unlock Assegai. It's a pretty nice craft, but I like a bit more handling. Still it's a fine craft.

willsgb13
28th June 2009, 10:11 PM
In Wip3out my favourite team is Piranha-A and is my favourite Piranha in WipEout, hence my avatar. The statistics of the ship work very well for me, very agile and quite fast. The handling just gives it the edge over Auricom for me; Piranha's four handling makes a big difference in the faster speed modes and is enough to stop me from banging into the walls too much. The shield is an issue, though. If I find myself on the wrong end of a quake it doesn't do too much for me if I'm far from the pits. Luckily that doesn't happen too much ;).

Apart from Piranha I'm quite fond of FEISAR and Assegai. FEISAR is great for thrusting like a lunatic and has a great combination of handling and shields. Assegai might be a paper plane but handles so well that you don't plant yourself in the wall too often to care.

hi amorbis! it is interesting to see you pick piranha from 3 as your absolute favourite; for comfortable yet competitive driving, they are a very close second alongside assegai and just behind ag-systems for me; their iteration in 3 does look fantastic, admittedly. of course they are the best in 2097 in every way - look great too - and in pure and pulse have top speed, and i usually gravitate towards the higher speed craft, qirex and auricom in the first, and not sure about fusion yet - what are piranha like in fusion, anybody? - and i'm assuming the stats in HD are identical to pulse, but this remains an interesting choice. perhaps it's the balance which demands that extra bit of skill to best the playing field, especially with the low shield and the sputtering thrust? i salute you then, sir. a truly aggressive shark of wipeout.

feisar are good but the base speed stat really kills the fun ultimately, for me anyway. fair play if you enjoy them, however. being almost maxed out in every other stat does make it a great kickstarter for anybody, and you can't really have wipeout without feisar. assegai meanwhile are simply outstanding. the handling is at times too good. once you master tracks, you don't even have to worry too much about enemy fire, you can evade most of it with skilled flight. it certainly helps that they don't use all the weapons at your disposal; i'm finding phantom on pulse much more aggressive and destructive right now :/

YAY for someone else posting besides me an will! I race Pirhana first until i unlock Assegai. It's a pretty nice craft, but I like a bit more handling. Still it's a fine craft.

handling on piranha is pretty decent, only feisar and assegai measure up to or best it in that department, perhaps the lack of thrust sullies it for you.

anyway, here are craft stats for wip3out; T = thrust, SP = speed, SH = shield, H = handling - - - >

feisar - T = 5, SP = 1, SH = 4, H = 4 total = 14
goteki45 - T = 3, SP = 2, SH = 4, H = 3 total = 12
auricom - T = 3, SP = 3, SH = 3, H = 3 total = 12
piranha-a - T = 2, SP = 3, SH = 2, H = 4 total = 11
qirex[rd] - T = 4, SP = 4, SH = 3, H = 2 total = 13
ag-systems - T = 3, SP = 4, SH = 2, H = 3 total = 12
assegai - T = 3, SP = 3, SH = 1, H = 5 total = 12
icaras - T = 1, SP = 5, SH = 2, H = 2 total = 10

right, so take a look at that. feisar lead the way with a total of 14 stats, always beefed up with quality and dependability at the expense of raw zip. qirex follow up with a proper beast as per usual worth 13 stats, the shield seems more then a 3 and it piles through the field on play and really blasts through tracks, great fun and challenging with that poor handling. goteki and auricom are the tentative intermediates of this edition with a conservative spread of 12 stats, while ag-systems and assegai use 12 stats each to sacrifice shield for better speed and streamlined flight, and outstanding handling, respectively. funny that piranha only use 11 stats and still have a competitive ship, while icaras only use 10 for arguably the best of the lot.

p.s. i just gave 3 a spin, icaras phantom on port kora, and holy ****, it took 4 attempts to finish the race :/ complacency is the mother of all f-ups hey.

SonicChaos
29th June 2009, 01:51 PM
I heven't even attempted anything past the first 3 tracks on venom. I like to finish each class before I move to the next. I'll try it out sometime for fun though.

Nice List you compiled there. And it seems total points aren't a huge factor, it's where the points are distributed to that determines their usefulness.

willsgb13
19th July 2009, 01:25 AM
yours is an advisable approach, as you learn each track with each craft on one speed class to the next, you learn the lines to an instinctive degree and the quirks of each craft and the various bits of shortcut and maneouvers and techniques to tear up the tracks and get around with minimum fuss and maximum exhiliration, and it makes for mass satisfaction when you can then shoot around any track in any craft on phantom, as i tried today. also, 256 golds to get, not including the 32 challenge golds which are tricky to say the least but thrilling to nail, and then try and beat the 4 prototype tracks, one unlocked for a full grid of golds on a speed class if i remember correctly, which are to all intents and purposes more difficult to navigate with victorious consequence then most of the regular ones.

my favourite team is a close tie between - ag-systems, which is so agile and easy to control and responsive and yet still has brilliant speed; assegai whose handling just makes it a ****ing joy explosion, i love it, and the paper shields make it nail biting to boot; and icaras. sheer velocity. sheer thrill. sheer speed. the final straight on sampa run, through the neon tunnel and out into the starting grid straight; coming out of the tunnel and onto the straight, the jump and then crossing the line on hi fumi; the big jump under the balloons before the final bend, tunnel and straight on p-mar project; the final 2 straights on terminal - any and all of these with a hyperthrusting icaras on phantom - it is ****ing worth maxing out the golds to be able to do these things. bliss. :hyper:hyper:hyper:coffee:banzai zoom zoom zoom!

SonicChaos
19th July 2009, 03:15 PM
Indeed. I have a full gris on Vector and mabye 40% gold on Venom. I am slowly learning how to handle each craft and see what I can and can't do. Still hate Qirex though, sure I get golds, but I hit every other wall doing so. The HUGE turning circle is proving difficult.

willsgb13
19th July 2009, 06:55 PM
it is huge, but learn the lines, practice again and again, it's worth it, it's thrilling when you get them right, as you build up more and more speed, it can take a few big blows anyway with the medium shield, and it's a blast getting the lines right and bashing around the tracks. just got gold on stanza inter on phantom, exhilirating. took the tunnel on the right every time too, it's a bastard but a rush when you don't hit the walls. 4 for thrust and speed? brutal. the qirex in pure and pulse don't measure up to this one. :hyper

edit - forgot to elaborate, as you get faster, particularly on phantom, your craft will be zooming over many sections of track and if you get the curves and airbraking right you can avoid collisions, although on some parts where you're flying far above tracks you'll hit invisible walls to stop you dropping out. i believe that is removed in the SE though. anyway, practice! i mean, hell, it's only a game. but it's a beast to master. qirex is actually one of my favourites on 3, not sure why i didn't rate it higher before.

Task
19th July 2009, 07:24 PM
anyway, here are craft stats for wip3out; T = thrust, SP = speed, SH = shield, H = handling - - - >

feisar - T = 5, SP = 1, SH = 4, H = 4 total = 14
goteki45 - T = 3, SP = 2, SH = 4, H = 3 total = 12
auricom - T = 3, SP = 3, SH = 3, H = 3 total = 12
piranha-a - T = 2, SP = 3, SH = 2, H = 4 total = 11
qirex[rd] - T = 4, SP = 4, SH = 3, H = 2 total = 13
ag-systems - T = 3, SP = 4, SH = 2, H = 3 total = 12
assegai - T = 3, SP = 3, SH = 1, H = 5 total = 12
icaras - T = 1, SP = 5, SH = 2, H = 2 total = 10

right, so take a look at that. feisar lead the way with a total of 14 stats...funny that piranha only use 11 stats and still have a competitive ship, while icaras only use 10 for arguably the best of the lot.

Indeed, those numbers are very interesting.
As you've pointed out, the lowest point ships seem to be better than the higher point ships. I've always preferred a layout like this:

Craft______T__SP__SH__H__Total
Feisar 5 1 4 4 14
Goteki45 3 2 4 3 12
Auricom 3 3 3 3 12
Piranha-A 2 3 2 4 11
Qirex[rd] 4 4 3 2 13
AG-Systems 3 4 2 3 12
Assegai 3 3 1 5 12
Icaras 1 5 2 2 10

And it seems total points aren't a huge factor, it's where the points are distributed to that determines their usefulness.

Yes, it seems like it doesn't it?
But, instead of looking at that table in the way we were, let's look at it differently. Since Top Speed is king, we'll value those points as being worth exactly twice as much as any other points:

Craft______T__SP__SH__H__Total
Feisar 5 2 4 4 15
Goteki45 3 4 4 3 14
Auricom 3 6 3 3 15
Piranha-A 2 6 2 4 14
Qirex[rd] 4 8 3 2 17
AG-Systems 3 8 2 3 16
Assegai 3 6 1 5 15
Icaras 1 10 2 2 15

And now the teams seem more balanced, with Qirex showing a definite lead. No surprise that that's the ship to be in for eliminator.
I believe that the "Total points" are best calculated differently for each race mode, but by counting Top Speed as worth more a truer vision of the team balance can be seen.

willsgb13
19th July 2009, 08:09 PM
you really took my observations to task, there.

that's right.

:P

and presenting the figures in a neatly aligned tabular form is indeed preferable for easier comparison. apologies for not laying them out as such!

and hey, i bow to your insightful appraisal; i took the most basic approach but that which you posted - doubling speed values - appears as valid and consistent with my experience of game as anything else; speed is indeed king. my best times have come from using ag-systems and icaras (i shall post them up actually, would be interesting to see how much slower i am than everyone else)

i've found that acceleration doesn't make that much difference when the top speeds are so marked in difference, and the shield strength doesn't make much difference either - i've read elsewhere here that in fact having a higher shield value is detrimental in one aspect in that all shields replenish at the same rate in the pitlanes, so those with bigger shields take longer to recharge; anyway, i rarely hit the dirt, even in an icaras, or a piranha, or an assegai; unless you find yourself in a particularly vicious pack - which isn't that common since your opponents cannot actually use all the weapons you can of course - you should be able to stream through intact on any track, although you may need 1 or 2 detours into the pits.

handling is a close second as an important value in 3, though - assegai negotiates almost everything with comparative ease and allows for less air-braking, which flings arse and drags from what i can tell, thus allowing you to keep speed up by avoiding this. but yeah, speed is king. :cake

SonicChaos
19th July 2009, 08:26 PM
Pretty much. Most of the time it's the only stat I see people consider, but to each his own.

WolfKill01
7th August 2009, 12:08 AM
handling is a close second as an important value in 3, though - assegai negotiates almost everything with comparative ease and allows for less air-braking, which flings arse and drags from what i can tell, thus allowing you to keep speed up by avoiding this. but yeah, speed is king. :cake

You're right. Speed is King. Though handleing is also important. And since the assegai is so good at this, while maintaining fair speed, is probably why it's moved up to a close second in my list of "my favorite ships". :+

XpanDrome2097
16th August 2009, 10:00 PM
Qirex absolutely: you got all, top speed, accelleration and good shield....handling is not very important for me, because the Qirex's airbrakes are very responsive in the most complex track's sections.

SonicChaos
16th August 2009, 11:44 PM
A prime example of how stats aren't everything. Still I just can't get over the bad handling.

flohiho
18th August 2009, 03:01 PM
Qirex thats my vavorte

WolfKill01
3rd November 2010, 12:13 AM
It's strange. I used to race with the Icaras non-stop, but now-a-days I've taken quite a liking to the AG Systems. It still pretty fast but it just slides around Manor Top like there's no tommorow, lol :p Auricom has also been an interest as of late. Especially when I just want to take it easy and steady around Sampa. :cowboy

Darloryan94
9th June 2011, 12:48 PM
My favorite ship in Wip3out was easily AG systems...
until it got butchered in the Special Edition :(
in SE it has to be either Qirex or Icaras

ag assassin
18th December 2011, 07:28 AM
My favorite team is feisar it's easy to handle you just have to get used to it being slow:nod:+

Well I'd have to say feisar it's a pretty good team in a track with a lot of corners like stanza inter:+

Feisar rocks. I always loved it. I know that it's not the fastest ship, but this just makes the race more exciting IMHO.

Yes that is soo true it may be slow but It passes up other ships very easily

Infernal Shadow
24th July 2012, 06:48 AM
For me it was slow and steady {very steady} wins the race... combined with a missle here and there. {{FEISAR}} all the way.

fab0810
30th August 2012, 01:11 PM
For me it was slow and steady {very steady} wins the race... combined with a missle here and there. {{FEISAR}} all the way.

the best ship is assagai for me.

?are you sure infernal shadow?

win all the tracks with all the ships in phantom? not very simple for me (mainly the terminal, the only race i don't have win with all ships in phantom)

otherwise,congratulation!