PDA

View Full Version : Wipeout Pulse Interview (PocketGamer)

Piranha5p33d5
1st November 2007, 05:45 AM
For all fellow AG-heads out there in Wipeout land who are drooling over Wipeout Pulse, take heart in the passion poured into the latest iteration of our fave racing series by Studio Liverpool.

Pocketgamer interviews Paul Tweedle:

[Part 1] (http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/PSP/WipEout+Pulse/news.asp?c=4546)

[Part 2] (http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/PSP/WipEout%20Pulse/news.asp?c=4558)

MarcoM
1st November 2007, 10:33 AM
great read!

Roz
1st November 2007, 11:35 AM
Awesome read! And the hype grows stronger :)

Asayyeah
1st November 2007, 08:55 PM
So you can set the medal target meaning also the racetime target for SR?
I noticed something pretty good for our future challenge, a feature i always thought it was only playable in multiplayer online : the grid creator.

Using the grid creator, you can create your own grid of events, set the medal targets and then challenge a friend to beat you by sending it to him over wi-fi

So you can think to a grid , set a gold medal target as far as you want for each tracks and send that grid to your friends to compete it : that is great and fits perfectly to our Arena forum :+

q_dmc12
1st November 2007, 09:26 PM
yeah, I'm alittle confused about this too - what is meant by "grid" of events:?:

Task
1st November 2007, 09:42 PM
Well, as I understand it, all unlocking in Pulse is done by completing "grids". Much like how all the unlocking in Pure was done by completing Tournaments.
So imagine that instead of just selecting one of half a dozen predefined tournys you can define your own tournament. So if you're like Vic and like the big ones, you can put every single track in a grid and do an hour of multiplayer without returning to the menu.
But that's not all!
From what I understand, you can put any kind of a race in there, so you could make a grid that was a single track but in all the different speed classes. Duplicated, once for TT and once for SR. And then add a Zone challenge or an Eliminator challenge or something.
Basically, it's a way of linking up a bunch of events. A Tournament on steroids.

In other words, it is awesome. 8 )

q_dmc12
1st November 2007, 09:58 PM
Ah! I see now - thanks Jay8)

This sounds very similar to FuSion....in a good way ;)

khnemu23
1st November 2007, 11:43 PM
Man, this information always makes me remember how much I want WipEout Pulse. I hope that it arrives in North America by Christmas, because otherwise I probably won't get it. A game can only take so long before I get tired of waiting and move onto another game. Right now I'm salivating at the information overload without a WipEout game in my possession. :frown:

Chill
2nd November 2007, 02:27 AM
Yeah... well... I'm getting it when it arrives no matter what!! :D

So... this option is AWESOME!!!!!!!! 8)

Dr. Angryman
2nd November 2007, 09:59 PM
This sounds very similar to FuSion....in a good way ;)

Come to think of it, WipEout Pulse is probably SL's way of saying, "Sorry for Fusion! Here's the corrections we've made."

Sausehuhn
2nd November 2007, 10:08 PM
"Fusion done the right way"

Piranha5p33d5
3rd November 2007, 06:04 AM
Come to think of it, WipEout Pulse is probably SL's way of saying, "Sorry for Fusion! Here's the corrections we've made."

If Pure is anything to go by... then apology accepted ;)

I love Studio Liverpool more than monkeys love bananas and more than Mr T loves pitying fools :mr-t !

Sausehuhn
3rd November 2007, 09:23 AM
some IGN stuff... (http://uk.psp.ign.com/articles/832/832075p1.html)

Dr. Angryman
3rd November 2007, 03:51 PM
I wanted to post it, but you beat me there. Yes, it is a very interesting article about the making of the music on WipEout Pulse. :)