PDA

View Full Version : Replays ..

zargz
23rd October 2007, 05:26 PM
Can anyone enlighten us about this? http://geocities.com/zargz/leenden/pil.gif Why there are no replays in Pulse (and Pure, if same reason)?

too technical? low demand? no time?

wo3/se did a good job with them :? ..

Task
23rd October 2007, 06:03 PM
It's a launch title, they just didn't have the time to get all the nice little features in. That's definitely why it wasn't in Pure.
I don't know if it isn't in Pulse for sure...
Perhaps it'll be in WOHD?

If it's not in Pulse, it'll be because other features were higher priority.

You can't really compare it to WO3SE, since that was the 3rd WO for the PS1 platform. Pure is the 1st WO for the PSP platform, Pulse the 2nd. Pulse could be to Pure what WOXL was to WO1...

Rapier Racer
23rd October 2007, 06:34 PM
I recall reading there would be no replays.

zargz
23rd October 2007, 07:40 PM
yeh, me too.
It's a launch title, they just didn't have the time to get all the nice little features in. That's definitely why it wasn't in Pure.
I don't know if it isn't in Pulse for sure...
Perhaps it'll be in WOHD?I sure hope so.

afair there were no replays in Fusion coz it was too technical a lot of parameters they har to 'record' ..
I remember fusion boasting about the 200(i think) parameters that would influence the steering of the ship
saying that in wo1 there were Only 8! LOL :g

Anyway my guess is it's a tech thing .. coz the 'ghost' is kind of a replay right?
you save the data for where you turned, used air breaks and so on.
to save a race you'd need that x 8 and then All the weapons fired too.

just my guess. I was hoping for someone who knows for sure.

The Gracer
23rd October 2007, 07:41 PM
Task, saying that is huge! if Pulse does (for the PSP wipeout series) ANYTHING compared to what 2097 did from W'O1, ill be in heaven.

Asayyeah
23rd October 2007, 10:11 PM
Pulse could be to Pure what WOXL was to WO1...

Amen to that, if this happend we will enjoy it for a long long long time :hyper

Roz
23rd October 2007, 11:04 PM
Guys, are there any doubts about that? Pulse is going to be kick ass for sure. It's like Pure refined and better. And that's excellent in my book, since Pure rocks.

Frances_Penfold
24th October 2007, 04:22 PM
I recall reading there would be no replays.

As do I-- reported directly from Colin, if I recall correctly. It's a curious omission that is made up for in large part by the possibility of online "ghost" transfers, potentially including ghost hosting by the Wipeout Pulse servers.

*crosses fingers*

I'd still enjoy a replay feature if only so that there would be better strategy vids available on Youtube and other places.