PDA

View Full Version : Pulse favorites

Dr. Angryman
8th October 2007, 06:05 PM
I wanted to know, just by looking at the website, what are your favorite ships, tracks, weapons, ect.? Here are mine:

Circuit (environment): Vertica
Circuit (track design): Vertica or Metropia Black
Ship (design): EG.X
Ship (performance): AG5Y5
Weapon (graphical): Repulsor
Weapon (performance): Repulsor or Plasma
Use of Mag-lock: Metropia's upside-down question mark, Basilico's vertical half-spirals, Vertica's high-banked spiral, or De Konstruct's vertical hairpin

Now, what do you think? :g

jtc42
8th October 2007, 06:12 PM
Ship (design): EG-X (I have odd taste)
Ship (performance): I think they can all be equal if you learn how to use them
Weapon (graphical): Repulsor
Weapon (performance): Quake

Dr. Angryman
8th October 2007, 09:30 PM
Another thing:

Favorite music track: Fenix Funk 5 - Aphex Twin, Smart Systems - Mist, Flat Out - Dopamine, and Edrush, Optical & Matrix - Frontline

I love the music from Pulse. It's the best WipEout soundtrack since XL, IMO. :nod

mclarensmps
9th October 2007, 02:03 AM
Man, wipeout 3 had Xpander - the best piece of electronic music ever composed!

Dr. Angryman
9th October 2007, 02:49 AM
Yes, Xpander was an awesome song, but I was put down by the others....

Chill
9th October 2007, 06:38 AM
I took another visit to the site, and, well, I like the music more than I thought... ;) It was just a first impression... :D It takes me awhile to like something new...

My list:

Teams:

(Looks) Assegai, always seems to win over looks... ;)
(Stats) Triakis looks about the best their, though I'm sure their'll be other crafts to download later on...

Circuits:

Metropia
The Amphiseum
Basilico
Platinum Rush

Music:
(artists)
Mist
Mason
Stanton Warriors
DJ Fresh
Aphex Twin
Dopamine

Weapon:

The Leach baby, yeah!!!

These are in no way, shape or form in any order from least to greatest, I just like those out of the rest better. :)

Rapier Racer
9th October 2007, 11:24 AM
Circuit (environment): Moa Therma

Circuit (track design): Moe Therma (If you saw the PSN HD trailer it shows more of this track than the movie on the Pulse site.)

Ship (design): Assegai Developments

Ship (performance): How can this be filled in accurately? You can't fully judge a ship based on its stats AG-S is speed 2 on Pure does that make it slow? No because it has 4 thrust which would appear to be more important than a higher top speed rating, look at Auricom.. Anyway my choice Assegai Developments :g

Weapon (graphical): Leech Beam

Weapon (performance): Again, how can anyone accurately fill this in...Based on my favourite weapons from Pure I'll say Rockets firstly then Bomb

Use of Mag-lock: Pretty sure Moa Therma takes your ship right out over the water.

Music: In order from the short clips, top 5

DJ Fresh - X Project ( I tracked the original version of this down, its **** in comparison to the Pulse mix which is awsome :rock I hope you release this soundtrack on CD SL hint hint or I'll go crazy!)

Booka Shade - Steady Rush
Noisia - Seven Stitches (its the HD trailer music!!!)
Mist - Smart Systems
Edrush, Optical and Matrix - Frontline

rdmx
9th October 2007, 12:46 PM
Dopamine - Flat Out and B-Phreak - Break Ya Self rock my socks.

Dr. Angryman
9th October 2007, 01:45 PM
DJ Fresh - X Project ( I tracked the original version of this down, its **** in comparison to the Pulse mix which is awsome :rock I hope you release this soundtrack on CD SL hint hint or I'll go crazy!)

I totally agree with that! :g The Wipeout mix is simply faster and bassier. Who knew that a "Wipeout mix" could be better than the original?

Favorite track section (non-Magstrip): Outpost 7's double V-turns, Tech de Ra's canyon section, Amphiseum's banked hairpin, and Fort Gale's long straight with the two jumps (I like it just because it looks cool going at full speed. 8) ).

Tokai
9th October 2007, 05:20 PM
Ciao to all guys!
Long time has passed from my last post ! I was away from the forum (but not from the time table!! :P ) for too long time...Gommenasai :(

Ok: interesting question here...about Pulse. So here I am to tell my impression on what I've seen on the official Pulse page.

Music: Kraftwerk - Aerodynamic
EdRush & Matrix - Frontline
Mist - Smart Systems
Booka Shade - Steady Rush

Circuit: Thalon's junction (wow...remember me, of course, Thalon's Reach ;) )
Fort Gale
Basilico
Platinum Rush

Note: Konstruct has a terrible turn!!!! really scaring :D

Ships:
I agree with Rapid Racer: to say which is the best...better to wait to play the game ;)
however I can say:

EG-x, Assegai for design (I love Assegai design since WO3), AG-System

I really don't like Goteki...because I didn't like this "hummer-style" ship since WO3.

Weapon: Leach and bomb (bastard weapon this one! :) )

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Finally....I really can't wait to play it....expecially because this will me my jump in the on-line Wipeout world (I know...I know...a lot of you are playing with Kai...but I'll wait the official one...)

See you soon guys...

Have fun !

Medusa
9th October 2007, 11:09 PM
Metropia Black, Tech de Ra, and Basilico. Racetracks in the middle of bleak oblivion appeal to me.

AG-SYS. This game, I've sworn I will enter only AG-SYS records for. There, I've posted it here, now I'm committed.

Quake. Will always be my favourite!!:hyper

Dr. Angryman
9th October 2007, 11:39 PM
Metropia Black, Tech de Ra, and Basilico. Racetracks in the middle of bleak oblivion appeal to me.

I think the only track there that is in a state of oblivion is Basilico (the site said it was after an outbreak of a disease called "Nova Scotia". Their racist against the Canadians I tells ya! :g ). The other two circuits are ones that you probably don't want to be involved with (severe pollution and egg-frying heat). I like more lively cities. Their much more suitable for racing, IMO.

Rapier Racer
10th October 2007, 10:57 AM
I was thinking about that viral outbreak track, they evacuate the citizens to keep them safe but it's ok for the AG pilots to go race there?

Dr. Angryman
10th October 2007, 11:24 AM
The ships must be sealed off or something....

Rapier Racer
10th October 2007, 11:55 AM
Yeah maybe but they have to get out don't they lol It's unnecessary risk people!! :p

Task
10th October 2007, 02:47 PM
Yeah, I know, it's like racing around an active volcano or something!
Hmm, wait, they've done that one too... 8 D

Medusa
10th October 2007, 10:00 PM
after an outbreak of a disease called "Nova Scotia"

ROFL!!! Whahahaahaaa!! Newfoundlanders finally have the stigma released from them, now it transfers to N.S.! That is hilarious, really hilarious. :p

"Newfoundland is now a "have" province..." LOL!! Nova Scotia is now a "has been" province according to Wipeout!

Chill
11th October 2007, 12:22 AM
Well, we have raced on mars and the moon, so I'm almost positive that it should be safe for the pilots... but how did they build these circuits?

supersocks
11th October 2007, 07:51 AM
http://www.primaryhistory.org/data/images/width300/Pyramidslavesweb-232.jpg

Egg
11th October 2007, 12:56 PM
That's Studio Liverpool, right there.

Lance
11th October 2007, 07:04 PM
Is it truly better for the soul to be a wielder-of-the-whip or to be a whippee?

Chill
11th October 2007, 07:26 PM
WHIP IT!!! WHIP IT GOOD!!! du du du du DU!!!!! duuu duu duuu duu... :D

Dr. Angryman
12th October 2007, 02:30 AM
LOL Supersocks! :g

jtc42
13th October 2007, 07:42 PM
Please ignore this post.

infoxicated
13th October 2007, 08:31 PM
For those of you worried about your favourite team being missing from the game when it launches, AFAIK the plan is to have th download pack of teams available on day one, so it's not as if you'll have to wait months before you can Fly Icaras. Or Mirage, Auricom or Harimau, for that matter. :)

Dr. Angryman
13th October 2007, 09:02 PM
That's some good news indeed! :g I can't wait to see the Mirage ship in action.

jtc42
14th October 2007, 10:31 AM
And ignore this post too!

Sorry!

Frances_Penfold
14th October 2007, 03:44 PM
I seem to recall seeing the Pulse version of the Zone ship at some point, which I thought was very cool looking.

Do we know if it is play-able in normal game modes, e.g., for time trials?

Edit. Oops-- just went to Gracer's "Features" thread and read this:
"Each team now has its own zone ship design, but the change is purely cosmetic."

Hadn't noticed that before!

Roz
17th October 2007, 11:27 PM
What I'm liking so far:

Team selection: Pure had way many teams with the downloadable content (PAL zone anyway). I like how the selection of teams for Pulse is more coherent and solid. Old timers like Feisar, AGSYS, Qirex, Auricom and Piranha are all there (although you guys gave me a scare when Auricom was not in the game default lineup). And Assegai, Triakis, Goteki, Harimau, Icaras are all looking as great as ever and are very cool and unique teams. EG-X is just pure kickass (Xios rocked. fact) and Mirage is looking very interesting. I'll be happy just with these teams. A selection of 12 solid and unique teams is a very good one, perfect for my taste anyway.

Play modes: oh yeah, these are gonna rock. Race Campaing looks like the best tournament mode ever in any Wipeout game, Speed Lap is a welcome addition, the Fusion style zone mode rocks, Head to Head seems awesome and Eliminator needs no comment on how kickass it is. All this and on-line vs. and trials score board? All our dreams are coming true!

Weapons and tracks: weapons are almost the same 'cept the Cannon which is the new energy boost 8). Won't comment on the Eliminator ones, although they look cool. Tracks look OK also, didn't have much time to check them out at the site so can't really give my opinion. I just hope the black and white run are different in day time and weather atmosphere and also include some unique stuff.

Custom music & skins: sweet, sweet addition. makes a perfect game even better! no replays though :'(

There's still so many improvements that please me that I don't have time to say them all. Anyway, I'm sure this will be one hell of a game.

Dr. Angryman
17th October 2007, 11:35 PM
I just hope the black and white run are different in day time and weather atmosphere and also include some unique stuff.

Probably not a change in time, though there are definetly some changes in track design.

Chill
4th November 2007, 06:01 AM
(Stats) Triakis looks about the best their, though I'm sure their'll be other crafts to download later on...

Piranha looks better than Triakis in stats, I don't know what I was thinking... DUH!! ;)