PDA

View Full Version : "Playstation Store Soon Open For PC's" - Sony

Piranha5p33d5
20th September 2007, 05:21 AM
It looks like people wanting their nostalgic WipE'0ut" fix for the PSP won't have to rely on PS3 transfers anymore. It was recently announced (http://kotaku.com/gaming/tgs07/playstation-store-coming-to-pcs-301730.php) at the Tokyo Game Show that the Playstation Store will be accessible to PC owners. This privilege has already been extended to the Japan store, with US and Europe / PAL to follow suite.

Finally!

lunar
20th September 2007, 12:36 PM
Great news, let`s hope we get the euro store soon, with loads of classic PS1 driving games for download! :D

Rapier Racer
20th September 2007, 07:28 PM
There are about 8 classic games on the store and it's been that way for a while :frown:

Infected
25th September 2007, 09:42 PM
Wipeout is enough!:D Im so happy about it! finally im gonna play Wipeout on my PSP without changing PSP firmware;)

Rapier Racer
26th September 2007, 05:27 PM
And what firmware do you have? Some of the lower ones don't support the games.

Infected
27th September 2007, 08:58 AM
3.71 so there will be no problems with running Wipeout on my PSP:P I will download for sure Wipeout and Crash Bandicoot:D I love both series so much:D

Chill
28th September 2007, 07:12 AM
Crash Bandicoot would be good!! :o ;)

RJ O'Connell
6th October 2007, 02:32 PM
Wipeout and Jet Moto will keep me occupied for awhile, thanks. Oh and Wipeout XL once it's available in the US Network.

chri5
19th November 2007, 10:39 AM
so can I download Wipeout on my PC yet to run on the PSP?

Sausehuhn
19th November 2007, 02:01 PM
If you register between the 22th November and 7th December, you will get the original WipEout for free* :clap
The game is then playable on PSP and PS3 :)

*that's at least the case for Germany. Can't find the article for the rest of the world, but here's the german one (http://de.playstation.com/home/news/articles/detail/item86568/).

lunar
19th November 2007, 03:18 PM
You certainly can`t knock Sony`s pricing policy with all this PSN stuff, though I`m not sure if WipEout would be even playable on PSP. But it would look nice anyway.

Rapier Racer
20th November 2007, 10:59 AM
It is playable on PSP :nod

lunar
20th November 2007, 11:24 PM
It looks amazing, loads quickly, and is really a very nice job, but a few laps of Altima and I couldn`t get the hang of playing it at all, just found the controller way over-sensitive. Hopefully I`ll find the technique and crack it in the end. Seems the physics are slightly different and the walls a little more forgiving than ye olde Playstation version, as I didn`t get turned upside down on internal view when hitting the walls, and I hit the walls a lot. :redface:

Judging by the colours, and the way your ship reacts when rammed by AI craft, this is based on the PAL version of the game.

edit:

Well I found out I was playing without airbrakes :redface: which didn`t help. Once the game is loaded, you have to press Home, then choose "Assign Buttons" then "Type 2" and then the brakes come on and it all suddenly becomes possible, and it really is great fun. It`s much more challenging to beat the AI than playing it on Playstation, but I`m fairly sure the handling is slightly more forgiving and grippy in the big ships.

Medusa
22nd November 2007, 06:27 PM
Wellll, I sign up for all these PS Store goodies to download to my PC...only to find that my Win98SE is not compatible with the installer. 2000 or newer only. :blarg!! Just need to bite the bullet and set up some wireless network for my PSP....

Sony sure covered their butts with that Privacy Policy (in real-speak: "We can track your life policy"...)

stin
23rd November 2007, 10:23 AM
What I`m curious to know what size of Wipeout for PSP?

stevie:)

lunar
23rd November 2007, 10:26 AM
91mb of happiness, Stevie.

stin
23rd November 2007, 12:39 PM
That`s brilliant and thank you cos, I just want to make sure!

stin
24th November 2007, 02:25 PM
I downloaded few mins ago and played it, bloody hard game but I loved it!

stevie:nod

Edit, Well, I got to admit, it`s absolutely fantastic feeling, also music is really good too.

Lastly, one thing I want to ask (foxy), is it eligible to enter the original records? (good question though)

G'Kyl
24th November 2007, 05:36 PM
bloody hard game

Since when do you tend to make understatements?

;-)

Ben

chri5
24th November 2007, 05:40 PM
bloody hard game

You can say that again, I totally forgot just how hard this came is. Wipeout pure has softened the game so much. Love it though.

G'Kyl
24th November 2007, 07:40 PM
As a matter of fact, every other WO sequel softened the game. To me, the first WipEout is with no doubt the hardest of the series.

stin
24th November 2007, 08:56 PM
Yes, Original WipEout is the hardest game of all Wipeout series, but, compare from Playstation to PSP which PSP is the overall the hardest because, I`m that used to play Pure for so long and I am trying to prevent stupid side-shift!

All hail to the precious neggy!

stevie:beer

Chill
25th November 2007, 08:12 AM
I also thought their earlier entitlements were harder, but only graphic-wise... in all reality, no team franchise wan't to make a craft tricky for their pilot, they wan't to win!! So, naturaly, things would get easier over time anyway...

Asayyeah
26th November 2007, 08:40 PM
I agree the 1st is the hardest one so far , and here no Neggie help , you can yell : nobodies will hear you :evil

Sausehuhn
1st December 2007, 12:11 PM
Just downloaded W'O'' for free from the PlayStationStore :)

Lion
1st December 2007, 12:46 PM
for free!? how does that work?

Sausehuhn
1st December 2007, 12:50 PM
Take a look at the thread's 1st page mate :)

http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showpost.php?p=73350&postcount=10

phl0w
1st December 2007, 07:41 PM
I registered a new account, got that mail too yesterday and downloaded the .xpd file from the PS Network. Unfortunately I get an connection error when trying to download the game. I activate my PSP via the activate.xpd but when I start the wipeout.xpd I always get an error message 0x80048a21 at 3% of the progress bar... Does anybody know what that is about?

Rapier Racer
1st December 2007, 08:35 PM
Having played 2097 and 3 for a long time before trying the 1st I have to say its hard yes and not so much fun. It was OK at first but the no speed when you ever so slightly touch a wall bit gets old in a hurry.

Lion
1st December 2007, 09:47 PM
oops, guess I should have read more of the thread :redface:
still, a bit miffed that the free offer is unavailable for existing accounts

skipper
2nd December 2007, 03:03 AM
I'm having the same problem phl0w, have you managed to sort it out? If so what did you do?. If not has anyone got any advice? Thanks

phl0w
2nd December 2007, 04:20 PM
I think it's got something to do with connecting through W-Lan there.
Do you happen to have a W-Lan connection too?

Rapier Racer
2nd December 2007, 05:23 PM
still, a bit miffed that the free offer is unavailable for existing accounts

That is not the case, I've had an email from Sony with a special code I can use to obtain the game for free and I've been using my PSN account since the PS3 launched.

Lion
3rd December 2007, 07:59 AM
mm, maybe I haven't been given that offer because I already paid for wipeout :\

stin
3rd December 2007, 03:44 PM
Well, I did completed on Venom Class which I did qualified to Rapier Class but one thing is missing and I could be wrong here, was there an extra track call Firestar for PSP?, unless I would need to complete on Rapier Class?

I would love to know? and am I allow to enter my scores from PSP?

Rapier Racer
3rd December 2007, 05:06 PM
mm, maybe I haven't been given that offer because I already paid for wipeout :\

lol wrong again Lion!

phl0w
3rd December 2007, 05:49 PM
@skipper and everybody else who's got problems with the free WO download: You don't wanna actually download the .xpd file of both the activation and the game, but choose "open with" (with the PSNDownloader being the program of choice obviously) firstly to activate and secondly to download the game through the PSN.
I couldn't find a solution ANYWHERE on the net, but apparently there are loads of people with that problem. I found it out by accident, when I tried downloading the file again (because I figured there's some sort of time limit on it) and chose "open with" :D
Hope that helps!

I think it's actually very playable with the PSP's d-pad

skipper
4th December 2007, 01:06 AM
Thanks for the advice phl0w. To access the download again go to Account Management > View Download List. If you have the PSN Downloader installed, just click on DOWNLOAD.

I will let you know what I think of playing 1995 Wipeout on a 2006 PSP once I have had a sit down, and given it a decent go.

Lion
5th December 2007, 04:12 AM
lol wrong again Lion!what does that leave? maybe sony just hates me :(

G'Kyl
5th December 2007, 05:47 AM
unless I would need to complete on Rapier Class?

You do in order to unlock Firestar. :)

Lion
5th December 2007, 08:56 AM
For anyone still having problems with the transfer dying...
I've noticed on a few occasions that my transfers to/from my psp have died, not in relation to the store, just any old time. And tonight I found out why :D

If you have one of those usb cables which forks and doubles as a method of charging your PSP (common in a lot of PSP gear bundles) try the transfer again with the power portion of the lead disconnected.
It appears that charging the PSP puts ever so slightly too much drain on the USB power supply, just enough to stop the transfer. Disconnecting this part of the lead makes it behave like a conventional USB - USB-Mini cable, and transfers then work again without issue.

Mine was failing tonight in copying Kula World from the PS3 to the PSP. WipEout had already succeeded, it took me a while to realise that plugging in the power plug was the only change I had made.

Rapier Racer
5th December 2007, 09:31 PM
I read that using those dual cables to charge your PSP isn't such a good idea.

Lion
6th December 2007, 02:43 AM
I discovered this morning that using that same cable to transfer from my pc to my psp even without the power side connected was unreliable. so into the trash it goes.
if you've been using one of these cables and having issues, definitely try a conventional lead

zargz
10th December 2007, 02:31 PM
yeh I'll return it damora! :bomb