PDA

View Full Version : Wipeout Pulse theme for PSP XMB

xdirex
12th September 2007, 10:27 PM
Hi guys,

Just a quick heads up that there's a very tasty looking Wipeout Pulse theme available for the new 3.70 Sony Firmware.

Check it and a few others out here:

http://uk.playstation.com/games-media/news/articles/detail/item78695/Make-it-yours/

Looks like Sony is finally getting around to adding some cool new features to their firmwares!

Dr. Angryman
12th September 2007, 10:31 PM
Nice! 8) w00t!

Mad-Ice
13th September 2007, 05:33 AM
Looking sweet!!!

Lion
13th September 2007, 08:20 AM
I'm not a fan of the icons personally, but only because I am so used to the standard PSP ones that I look for their shapes to navigate.
but I want that background, is there some way of separating it from the theme?

mdhay
13th September 2007, 04:55 PM
the link is broken on ps3 browser.
on psp one it goes to that damned psp is here page. Like, yeah I know, two years, pal, why is that still here?

Chill
14th September 2007, 04:57 AM
I like it.

Riccardo Raccis
14th September 2007, 09:52 AM
Too sweet to be true :D Of course, hexagons rule.

And of course, this is the best theme of the bunch (second one is the cookie one - genius I say). This theme is staying.

Anyone else noticed the icon for System Settings? :robot

infoxicated
14th September 2007, 11:00 AM
I'm not a fan of the icons personally, but only because I am so used to the standard PSP ones that I look for their shapes to navigate.
but I want that background, is there some way of separating it from the theme?
You can have the background without the icons.

Choose the WipEout Theme from the themes menu and activate it.

Then go back and choose the default theme and activate that. Then go back ito the Themes > Wallpaper and choose the "custom background" option. That'll restore the WipEout theme wallpaper and leave you with the default icons.

Task
14th September 2007, 02:38 PM
Wow, is this theme ever neat!
I downloaded it when it came out, but only got it installed today.
The 3.71 firmware is available for download now, and that's what I was really waiting for.

The icon for System Settings IS totally awesome.

The wipeout logo all over the place is really cool too.

I grabbed the cookies theme too, that one looks hilariously awesome.

And hey Arnaud! You should totally grab the Classic Pink Theme! Throw that on your PSPink, and when other people pick it up it'll be a total Pink Assault on their senses! They won't be able to handle it without special training! It'll be like a defense system for your PSP! :D

infoxicated
14th September 2007, 04:07 PM
heh! I said that to him the other day, but apparently he's passing on his Pinkie to his god daughter. :)

Hellfire_WZ
14th September 2007, 05:02 PM
Awww.... would have suited it too :D

Asayyeah
15th September 2007, 06:54 PM
my sister said , no Pinkie to Caroline before Xmas , i have time to put 3.71 on that good ol' pinkie which gave me so much pleasure before offering it to her. Ill follow your advice sirs, be sure of that

Infected
16th September 2007, 07:04 PM
When i first saw it i said: No Way!

Its awesome, finally some reason to update your psp:P

My Best 3 themes:

Wipeout
Lemmings (Put your hand in the air if u dont love Lemmings!)
Cookies

Medusa
17th September 2007, 03:03 PM
Those wipeout icons are absolutely gorgeous. I put them on your wipeout zone wallpaper, Infected! Simply because it's not an AGS on the Wipeout wallpaper. Petty I know.;)

LilMaggot
26th September 2007, 11:33 AM
Wow, I love this theme! I can see me using this for a long time.

borell
1st October 2007, 09:35 AM
Sony has released a Custom Theme Maker (http://www.jp.playstation.com/psp/dl/tool/psp_customtheme_tool_eula.html) in Japan. In English (http://66.249.91.104/translate_c?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&langpair=ja%7Cen&u=http://www.jp.playstation.com/psp/dl/tool/psp_customtheme_tool_eula.html&prev=/language_tools) (translated by google).

Edit: Forgot to mention that I use the Wipeout theme now. Like it a lot! :g

Sausehuhn
1st October 2007, 12:58 PM
As a sidenote: the program itself is in japan and english when installed.

MarcoM
2nd October 2007, 08:17 AM
I installed the theme too on my new slim and lite psp. Woohoo :)

7 weeks and counting down....

In the meantime some Sega Rally and Pure. And of course doing some jobs in my home. So I have plenty of time for Pulse when it comes!