PDA

View Full Version : Freezin' psp!!!!!!!!

zargz
2nd September 2007, 09:28 PM
was racing venom descesion and after ubermall my psp frose.
started again and after the second last race it froze Again!!!
before the dl packs my psp never frose. :(

Happened to anyone before?

swift killer
2nd September 2007, 09:30 PM
Nope, has'nt happened to me, what version of the PSP are you using?

Hellfire_WZ
2nd September 2007, 09:42 PM
Happened to a lot of people mate, including me. It's not a regular thing, so it's not impossible to complete tournaments or anything like that, but it's definitely an arsehole when it does happen. Must be something to do with the packs as the only crash I got before I installed them was through the sleep mode instability.

zargz
2nd September 2007, 09:51 PM
hmm .. I don't wanna even think about it freezin when I'll be doing the rapier descension!!! :o
I got the 3.10 firmware. :mr-t

swift killer
2nd September 2007, 09:56 PM
3.10 messes your PSP up, get the latest firmware, or if you can, downgrade the firmware.

Your downloaded pack also might be damaged, but dont worry if you havent backed them up, ill send them to you if you want.

lunar
2nd September 2007, 10:01 PM
If you go very, veeeeeery slowly through all the x presses after the race then there is less chance of it crashing after Exostra Run on descension.

Asa has a fix for some of these crashes, which I think is to remove all the packs and all your data to a safe location, format your memory stick, then copy back your profile and ghosts and all the download packs in the correct order, which is Gamma - Classic 2 - Delta - Omega, I think. Make sure if a DL pack is split in two that you copy it back on in the correct order too. Apologies to Asa if this is not what he suggested, but I heard it helps a bit. I`ve never been bothered to do it as it`s not a problem for multiplayer. Good luck. :)

stin
2nd September 2007, 10:48 PM
SK, STFU! you don`t know what you is talking about!:naughty

Yeah listen to Lunar, cos we do get it nearly all the time, so you is not the only one! ;)

stevie:)

infoxicated
2nd September 2007, 10:53 PM
3.10 messes your PSP up, get the latest firmware, or if you can, downgrade the firmware.
And with that, he was gone.

zargz
2nd September 2007, 11:16 PM
yeh RR told me that before but i just pasted in All the packs, then after a day 3 of the packs were corrupted data :o
so Then I did it in the correct order. and yeh, lunar I normally press thru the Xes pretty fast :D
but the 2nd time I didn't .. well I'll give it another go! 8)

lunar
3rd September 2007, 12:51 AM
Yes, it`s a pain in the !*# . In the end I made myself wait about a minute between each x and it worked, but it could have been co-incidence. It took me at least three goes to get Rapier Descension done on the EU game, but I tried to be philosophical and think of it as extra practice.8)

Frances_Penfold
3rd September 2007, 05:58 AM
Just wanted to mention that I have had the same problem with the freezing in tournaments, and that, like others, I found that slowly advancing through the menus (pushing X slowly), seemed to reduce the frequency of the freezing.

I don't recall the problems prior to downloading the full complement of tracks for the EU version but then again, I didn't do systematic testing.

For me, it really wasn't a deal-killer-- it just required a couple extra runs to complete the tournies-- I like Lunar's suggestion, this is PRACTICE :)

Edit-- plus, think how relieved you'll feel when it finally doesn't freeze until the completion of the tournie!

stin
3rd September 2007, 06:40 AM
Lunar, Descension, got to think of sex, nice and sloooow then cruising all the way to the finish without freezing.;) (if that is offensive?, I will remove it)

Pavel, always check after you did the downloaded packs to make sure it`s not corrupt. And I`m desperate to play with you and eager to kick yer arse!:g

stevie:)

EDIT Frances_Penfold, about testing different version, the answer is yes and they are same.:)

alterego
3rd September 2007, 11:44 AM
Hi All.

About the freeze bug related to gamma pack (exostra-staten.ubermall-sebenco)

the well known bug is on the release of official firmware from 3.10 to 3.40.....

from the 3.50 release there are no freeze in single and in multiplayer.

read you soon
CdRom

zargz
3rd September 2007, 12:40 PM
thanx rom :+
yesterday I made it thru pressing the Xes veeeery slowly. when I'm done with SR and TT in flash
I'll do my best tto be philosophical about a :cold descension in Rapier :bomb
stin: you'll have to wait till my bor fixes my kai you know how goos he's with :pc
that way i'll have more time to practice the 3million new dl tracks :D

Infected
3rd September 2007, 06:54 PM
Hi!

I have 3.51 firmware in my PSP and in the begining Wipeout freezed for about 2 times but after that nothing... i dont know what's going on but i was really mad cause i was thinking that my best game is going to freeze everytime when im gonna play it... but thx god nothing more happened:D

Cheers

Mad-Ice
4th September 2007, 05:20 AM
Welcome infected,

Enjoy the zone, I hope your psp will not freeze again. If you want to introduce yourself some more, you can do so in the pilots lounge.

We all know about the gamma pack freezing a lot, but I also had a lot of freezes on Burgertown, when I wanted to restart my race it frooze like nine out of ten times. The trick to press x somewhat slower was working a little bit here too.

phl0w
4th September 2007, 10:43 AM
official firmware from 3.10 to 3.40.....

Not quite, my Pure froze on me back on 3.03 either.
Pushing slowly through the menus after a race giving your PSP enough time to handle the content from your stick, i.e. game packs, is pretty much the only thing you can do. Especially when you woke your PSP from sleeping mode, which is always good for Pure to freeze.

f.e
4th September 2007, 10:51 AM
I use 3.52 and it froze when i stopped free play on UberMall...

Rapier Racer
4th September 2007, 11:52 AM
Even with the packs put in the correct order when playing any offline tournament involving Exostra Run there is always a chance it will freeze at some point during/after the race, Firmware doesn't seem to be the issue cos I've got 2.81 on one PSP and 3.52 on the older one and it happens on both systems, not all the time though. The important thing is it doesn't happen in multiplayer mode :g

I wonder what causes it, random little bug eh? Possibly multiplayer is OK because there is no AI? Far out guess. Also in my opinion 3.10 was a good firmware very little freezing/crashing plus the UMD Auto boot disabler made it perfect for me, upgraded for PS3 connectivity case anyone was wondering.