PDA

View Full Version : Help with Audio

Wamdue
22nd June 2002, 12:42 PM
Its like this, I bought a bigger tv last summer, its size is allright, but the sound quality is pure **** compared to phones or the tv in the living room.. And this tv doesnt have any sockets for any extra audio. So, Im wondering if theres any other way to solve this, I got a scart-hub connecting the ps2 and xbox, and excet 2 scarts, its got a white and a red audio plug, i tried to get the tv sound out thru my ghettoblaster(or whatever theyre called) with audio cables, but no sound.. So, any help is appreciated on how to connect extra sound quality without buying some home-cinema system. The best would be if I could connect my portable cdplayer (wich is of a considerable size) to the tv somehow, its got red/white audio plugs too, the radio that is..

the set up looks like this

° ° <-audio
°°° <-scart1 xbox
°°°<-scart2 ps2

wich then are connected to the tv thru one scart. above the audio sockets on the hub, it sais R-AMP-L

thanks for any tips/ideas

Lance
22nd June 2002, 06:29 PM
i've always plugged both the game machine and the tv into the vcr and plugged the vcr into the sound system. my standard [non-home-theater style] audio amplifier has all of my audio/video components plugged into it so i can record from or play to any device. i don't know what connectors swedish vcr's have, but u.s. ones have RCA connectors for all audio inputs and outputs and for a composite video input. the red and white ones, that put the stereo sound out to other devices are what saves you for high quality sound. so i am actually using the vcr's television tuner to receive the game input through the red, white, and yellow plugs from the game machine. i just have a very small tv which doesnt even have a stereo tuner, so i wouldn't have got decent sound if it weren't for my lovely hi-fi vcr.

sorry if this explanation sounds confused; i'm not awake yet and i have a sinus headache

btw, i have no idea what a scart is

Wamdue
22nd June 2002, 09:38 PM
a scart is the red/yellow/white cables

the problem is, my vcr is broken :/ thx anyway!

Lance
23rd June 2002, 04:34 AM
so is it supposed to SCART? that is, an acronym? if so, what do the letters stand for?

too bad about the vcr. if only the circuitry were working, you could still use it

Wamdue
24th June 2002, 03:11 PM
i think it broke a safety or something..

i mistaked my 3 /y/r/w cables for SCART, the SCART got all that but one extra cable too.. still havent got it to work :/

edit-------------------------

Ive connected it all togheter in a kind of weird way, and then burned a cd with 55min total silence, and played it while having the xbox turned on and connected to it via the av-hub, and thus getting A-class sound :D yaaaaaaaay!!!! it works!

Thruster2097
24th June 2002, 07:41 PM
heh, I went mad with music once... check this out.
Sony PSX to 800w 4ohm amplifier (to 800w subwoofer tube) to a 300w 16ohm amplifier (to 2x 150w midrange and tweeter) .... all conected to a portable tv!

The system was measured at 94db on volume level 3 of 10.

In its tragic end, it ended up drawing some astronomcal amount of current from the upstairs loop, causing the whole lot to go up in smoke (well, everything except one amp and the TV)

the moral of the story is - size isnt everything.
I now have a measly 12w system, but it provides more than enough for me!

when I get my digicam working again, I will have to take some piccies of my setup

Lance
24th June 2002, 10:17 PM
wam: lol

thrusty: ! :o
yup, sometimes half a watt and some great earphones is the way to go

Wamdue
27th June 2002, 06:25 PM
now fineally got it working even better, with a little thingy making my audio cables into uhm.. one single little cable. pics!

http://www.newelement.org/andreas/sound.jpg

http://www.newelement.org/andreas/sound2.jpg