[4th]
[5th]

[Terafumos]

[1st]
[2nd]
[3rd]
[4th]
[5th]

I accept Emulated, Pal and NTSC times. I personally will be using an emulator. While you can use any vehicle, I strongly suggest Piranha, as it is statiscally, no question, the best. I'm going to get down some times now!
Please participate or I will activate the Death Ray. Or w/ever.

Mark Of Insanity
31st August 2007, 10:43 PM
Okey Dokey I have some times...

Klies Bridge:
Piranha - 15"2

Terafumos:
Piranha - 26"6

I could probably get down to 14"9 for Klies bridge, and if I really tried, I think I could shave 1.5 secs from the Terafumos time.

Frances_Penfold
1st September 2007, 12:04 AM
Please forgive this truly stupid question-- I did not play the PS1 Wipeout games-- but we ARE talking about Wipeout 64 here, right? I have an original copy of the game that I play on my N64, but wanted to be sure that we are talking about the same game :)

And damn, there needs to be more folks submitting records for Wipeout 64. Hardly any time trial reports to be found in the records page...

Mark Of Insanity
1st September 2007, 12:28 AM
Yes, this is Wipeout 64.

And part of the reason why I think this challenge is fairly unique is the bare fact that it is Wipeout 64, which really is not that popular, despite the tracks and ships being just as good as XLs and WO1s. And there are alot of the cool things from WO3 there too (a female announcer, stealth/cloak etc).

64FTW

Mark Of Insanity
1st September 2007, 12:48 AM
Update -

Terafumos:
Piranha - 25"1 (Yay, I got off the 1.5 secs as predicted)

My best with Klies Bridge was 15"4, so no improvements, but I reckon I could get a whole second off the Terafumos time with a perfect lap. (After all, I crashed twice on the 25"1 lap)

Mark Of Insanity
1st September 2007, 11:02 AM
15"1 time for Klies Bridge. I'm closing in on the sub-15 second mark.

Medusa
1st September 2007, 03:51 PM
Just to let you know you needn't use the death-ray on me - I'll enter some times in here when I can. (NTSC on the console.)

Okay: here's my Klies Bridge time for the moment - 16:2. Gave it a few minutes this afternoon. Speaking of the lack of times in the wo64 tables, I'd really love to know what Jabberjaw can do with this game. This track in particular because we can see what he's capable of on Talon's Reach!! Where is everybody's WO64 times? Lost?

Mark Of Insanity
2nd September 2007, 11:16 AM
http://img456.imageshack.us/img456/3130/146or4.jpg

Woo! 14"6! That's great for me. That's half a second faster, yay.

I'd love to see what Zoolander can do here, it's definately a faster track than Talon's Reach, so there could be some 13 second times, methinks.

edit: 24"8 for Terafumos. But I'm not putting on the table because no one else has entered a time, so it might look stupid/odd. I can still get at least half a second off, if I don't crash at the hairpin before the first hill.

Flashback Jack
6th September 2007, 02:21 PM
As a brief aside, WO64 was the only other in the series that I've played. I distinctly remember hotlapping on track to death; it was either Dyroness or Sokana (the one with the huge uphill right-handed sweeper into a tunnel followed by a huge shortcut jump over a downhill chicane). Managed a perfect lap hitting every speedpad, even in the second tunel with all them ugly left-right flip flops. 19.7 :)

- F

Mark Of Insanity
6th September 2007, 05:41 PM
Ah, that should be Dyroness. I absolutely love the shortcut on that track, most useful yet perhaps.