PDA

View Full Version : Linking fusion?

colhodg
28th August 2007, 06:37 AM
In short - does fusion support linked play? If not might have to go down the network adapter route, which franksly sounds like a pain in the ass.

Really want to set up a wipeout night with a couple of tv's and head to head racing, seems daft that 2097 can be linked but not fusion - maybe i should go and buy a couple of PSones's?

zargz
29th August 2007, 11:43 AM
In short - no, it doesn't.
but if you link wipeout3 or wo3se you can play 4 players - 2 on each tv! 8)

Asayyeah
29th August 2007, 02:33 PM
Wellcome to the forum colhodg :)
Fusion can't be linked on 2 tvs so i ll enjoy you to find few ps ( the grey ones not the slimest cause they don t have ilink feature ) and a cable, sure you ll love playing 2097 ilink which is the best game of the whole wipeout, imo. :beer

Tomahawk
29th August 2007, 07:19 PM
but if you link wipeout3 or wo3se you can play 4 players - 2 on each tv! 8)

Interesting... I've been playing W3O and 3SE via ilink on numerous occasions, but I've never seen any option to have 4 players play simultaneously. Maybe you can explain to me how this is supposed to work, zargz.

zargz
29th August 2007, 11:51 PM
I think on wo3 you have to input a code .. not sure thoguh was long time ..
but on SE as long as you got the controllers, 1 and 2, plugged in it'll work.
a bit more than 2 years ago we played 3 players at stins house with coolLover.
2 on a big tv the 3rd on a little one - was great fun! :+

Task
30th August 2007, 03:46 AM
Yes, on W3O you have to enter "link" as the player name (P1, P2, doesn't matter) then you unlock the "link" menu option. In SE it's a menu option at all times. Should be right there, near "eliminator" IIRC.
You might need to have the link cable in for it to show up, but with 2 on each screen you can get the 4 player going.

swift killer
30th August 2007, 08:42 AM
In short - does fusion support linked play? If not might have to go down the network adapter route, which franksly sounds like a pain in the ass.

Really want to set up a wipeout night with a couple of tv's and head to head racing, seems daft that 2097 can be linked but not fusion - maybe i should go and buy a couple of PSones's?

I think you mean PS2, fusion came out on PS2, i have the game and as far as i am aware, it does not support any multiplayer, which is a shame as the games destructive nature, i think, would be perfect for a multiplayer game.

mdhay
30th August 2007, 08:49 AM
luckily, pawn shops or a gamestore (if your lucky, mind you.) may have the ol' grey. production of the beast has stopped in 2005! you may fork out a fair bit, as they are now an antique!

swift killer
30th August 2007, 10:10 AM
£3.99 and less on Ebay, on amazon i've seen brand new copies of fusion and 3SE,........ from sony!

Lance
30th August 2007, 03:28 PM

I think you mean PS2, fusion came out on PS2, i have the game and as far as i am aware, it does not support any multiplayer, which is a shame as the games destructive nature, i think, would be perfect for a multiplayer game.

I think he means PS1s. Read it again. He implies that he should get 2097 and play through links on a console capable of linking. However, if I recall correctly, and as stated by others, it would require PSXs [original Playstations] to get the link capability.

q_dmc12
2nd September 2007, 12:27 AM
FuSion has a split-screen multi

colhodg
6th September 2007, 09:40 AM
Thanks for the help there, seems a real shame you can't link fusion but with the help of ebay and cash converters think i could have a 2 screen racing night for less than £20 (2 x PSX, 2 x W/O 2097 and link cable).

Re: wipeout 3 - do you just need one copy to run linked (2 screen) play or two?

And, yeah - fusion has split screen but planning to make a big night of it with a few screens.

Task
6th September 2007, 11:53 PM
With WO3 you need 2 copies to play 2 player linked, but it's difficult to set up and really buggy. Luckily you can play 2 player splitscreen with just one copy (and one screen and one PS1), something that WOXL cannot boast.

WO64 beats 'em both with 4 player splitscreen (!!) but you need a large screen to make it worthwhile.