PDA

View Full Version : Black/White Run - Pure Tracks

Mark Of Insanity
26th August 2007, 02:44 PM
We know a little about Pulse concerning Black Runs and White Runs, offering alternate routes.
Presumably, HD will have both Black and White routes for the Pulse tracks... But what about the Pure racetracks? Will they keep their given Pure route, and not have the option of Black or White routes?

Rapier Racer
26th August 2007, 02:57 PM
Probably unless they make some major changes

Dr. Angryman
26th August 2007, 03:06 PM
Most likely, considering the time it'd take to change the circuits to make them reversable.

phl0w
27th August 2007, 09:04 AM
Why, just turn the damn craft around :brickwall
I'm Einstein, I know...

rdmx
27th August 2007, 09:27 AM
You just try flying backwards on many tracks - you will find you will smash into all manner of walls where you normally drop down.

Medusa
27th August 2007, 02:33 PM
(I had to race Ubermall backwards for a few laps so I could figure out the #$# track...it's fun backwards, honest:redface:) The thought of the Pure tracks reversed at phantom speed with no modifications makes me tremble.

zargz
27th August 2007, 02:47 PM
as insertcoin (I always read this name as inserction!!! whatever that means! :D LOL!!!)
said any track that has the slightest jump can't be raced backwards. in pure.
however if a little hill(or bump) was done instead of a hole(the jump), like in prototype 5 in SE then it could easily be raced backwards 8)
not the huge jumps though.

Rapier Racer
27th August 2007, 07:36 PM
That excludes a lot of tracks. With drops that you couldn't turn round and go back up, I think...

Venita K
Modesto Heights
Chenghou Project
Blue Ridge
Sinucit
Sebenco Climb
Ubermall
Staten Park
Sebenco Peak
Iridia
Anulpha Pass
Koltiwa
Khara Descent

Omega and Classics excluded as they won't be back for some time so it seems, never again for Omega :g

Which would leave us with, ladies and gentlemen

Citta Nuova
Sol 2
Exostra Run.

Did I get the wrong? Those the only 3 that could be raced backwards without modifications?

Sausehuhn
27th August 2007, 08:51 PM
I think Sebenco and Ubermall are racable backwards, too.

But maybe we won't even see any Black/White thingie and they'll leave it with just forward direction for all tracks.

zargz
28th August 2007, 02:38 AM
:D heh! prob'ly, coz they weren't ment to be raced backwards.

Rapier Racer
28th August 2007, 01:30 PM
I think Citta works very well backwards I was having a go just now :g

Asayyeah
29th August 2007, 02:12 PM
hey Rob why not doing a new record table with racable backward tracks :redface:
No ...
Ok, pass :rolleyes:

RingoSpoon
30th August 2007, 12:23 AM
great idea im in :)

alterego
31st August 2007, 09:39 AM
Hi All.

Wow! i'm in too!

i think about a tournament of reverse tracks of pure like they are.

Rev Tournament:
CittÃ* Nuova
Sol2
Ubermall
Exostra Run

on kai it's possible to play this tournament....eh eh like a series of single race...;)

We count the lap in our mind but the weapon works well and the boost pad work like a brake....inverse....ih ihih ...don't pass over it!

It's an exciting challenge.....Rev SR and TT

Read You Soon
CdRom

swift killer
1st September 2007, 11:16 AM
To race some of the tracks backwards, SL will need to do what they did in Fusion, and thats make changes to the layouts of the tracks, such as reversing or flattening jumps and shifting weapons/boost pads. For jumps like the one on Modesto Heights, you could have quake style jump-pads.

Rapier Racer
2nd September 2007, 08:21 PM
Jump pads.............:-

Chill
4th September 2007, 07:30 AM
Yeah, we're talking about Wipeout tracks, not just circles that can just easily be fliped around without jumps or curves. Some tracks can, but not all, it wouldn't provide the same experience, and may even ruin the track's overall atmosphere itself...

Colin Berry
4th September 2007, 08:40 AM
Tracks in HD wont be reversible. This is something that appears in Pulse only

Dr. Angryman
4th September 2007, 11:08 AM
Well, that answers our questions. Thanks Colin! :g

The Gracer
10th September 2007, 09:25 PM
Haha, well, that was a very *END OF DISCUSSION* post, wasnt it? we had some interesting ideas coming out of this thread too :p

Rapier Racer
10th September 2007, 11:03 PM
Perhaps, I like the definitive answer from the man in the know though, thread did it's job, one more small piece of info on HD scooped out :banzai

The Gracer
10th September 2007, 11:48 PM
indeed.

as for your earlier citta reverse comment rapier, it does, but its VERY easy to fly over the wall as you come backward over the sequence leading into the hairpin. lol.

Ubermall's forward direction should have been the reverse direction! The circuit flows very nicely in reverse, strangely.

Exostra Run definitely isnt as nice as Ubermall, its quite difficult to see in the tunnel section :(