PDA

View Full Version : Advancements..

zargz
21st August 2007, 11:59 PM
20min ago I unlocked phantom!!! :o
oddly enough by getting a silver on the ascension tournament!?
thought I was supposed to win the descension ..

anyway first thing I tried was the alfa tournament in phantom!
finished the 4 races: 6th, 8th,7th and 8th.
for a humiliating overal 8th = last with 3 points! :g LOL!

I'm not by far done with the rapier SR and TT medals.
I only have the alfa, beta, classic, ascension and descension tournaments.
coz of the my 32meg memory card. I'm expecting though my new 4Gig to arrive anytime now!
then I'll have classic2 and omega I think are the ones left.
2 more tournaments, TT and SR medals to complete in vector, venom (easy golds :D) and flash.

a t m I got 131 gold and 18 silver and bronse medals. assuming the # 131 goes only for golds :?

How about you other wipErs who haven't completed Pure yet?

medusa? .. jay (task)? .. who else? 8)

phl0w
22nd August 2007, 12:18 AM
My progress shows 286 unique Golds right now. Haven't done TT Omega (God, I hate those tracks), some SRs and the Descension Tournaments (simply because my rides don't take that long, and I only play PSP on the go). Getting Golds has become a bit tedious. TimeTrial limits are too forgiving to be challenging (you can beat the Gold times easily by ~5-10s) and races are much too easy. And since everything is unlocked after what 75 Golds I don't see the point in getting all medals when there's no challenge, thus achievement at all (Please don't take this the wrong way, I don't want to boast with my non-existing skills ;) at all, everybody else that's played Pure longer than a month or two will confirm this, and you will think so too one day in the near future). So I mostly do custom Challenges from WOZ or go for Best-Laps-hunts on my favourite tracks.

assuming the # 131 goes only for golds
If that's the number that your progress page shows, than yes. Only for unique Golds. If you win a SR a second time or get another gold TimeTrial time on a track in a certain class, than this Gold does not count for your progress. It is counted in your stats though.

Task
22nd August 2007, 12:56 AM
Getting Golds has become a bit tedious. TimeTrial limits are too forgiving to be challenging (you can beat the Gold times easily by ~5-10s) and races are much too easy.I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be quite a chore, catching them all. That's the way it seems like it should be, anyway. 8 )

And I'll agree that a LOT of the TT challenges are quite weak (any TT time you can beat on your first try is seriously weak), but I think you're playing the wrong challenges! Try Flash - Khara Descent, Porto Kora, Ubermall. If you can beat those easily I want your ghost! 8 )

20min ago I unlocked phantom!!! :o
oddly enough by getting a silver on the ascension tournament!?
thought I was supposed to win the descension ..Nah, that's not the way it goes. You beat Alpha tournament to get Beta, beat Beta to get Ascension, beat Ascension to get the next speed level. And by "beat", they mean "medal". So even a 3rd will do it.

anyway first thing I tried was the alfa tournament in phantom!
finished the 4 races: 6th, 8th,7th and 8th.
for a humiliating overal 8th = last with 3 points! :g LOL!8 D Yeah, the next speed level will usually blow you away until you've gotten some good practice. I've found that if I can't gold all the SR's easily then I'm not ready for the Tourny.

swift killer
22nd August 2007, 09:24 AM
kind of weird to see you guys talking about pure like its just come out

rdmx
22nd August 2007, 09:43 AM
zargz and task only recently got pure, thats why :)

swift killer
22nd August 2007, 10:04 AM
challenge for them, complete the game using piranha ONLY, thats what i did :)

phl0w
22nd August 2007, 10:38 AM
That's hardly a challenge. I always feel cheating when I'm in my Piranha. All my 286 Golds were achieved using nothing but Piranha (except of course the 4 Zone Golds ;) ). When I first got Pure I tried lots of ships and struggled hard to win anything, but the moment I switched to Piranha I hardly lost anymore and usually get Golds on my first try. I think it's hands down the best ship for Single Player. Best speed combined with the most natural feeling handling=win.

swift killer
22nd August 2007, 10:41 AM
true, the piranha's understeering characteristics make it easier to position the craft in corners.

phl0w
22nd August 2007, 11:29 AM
Exactly. If you got the hang of approaching the corners with the Piranha correctly, and don't be afraid of sideshifting towards inner walls, it cuts corners like butter and its weight makes it rather easy to apply fine corrections without bouncing between walls like a ping-pong ball. I just love this feeling of the Piranha's inertia when you take a combination of corners flawlessly, sweeping ever so slightly from left to right, steering and sideshifting, while keeping a perfectly straight racing line. Feels great. Better than those paper-weighed ships that turn a hundred degrees at the slightest steering input :beer (I'm sure that's just my not being used to them, however I think it's mostly to the PSPs digital input. It definitely wasn't made for racing games ^^)

Try Flash - Khara Descent, Porto Kora, Ubermall. If you can beat those easily I want your ghost!

Just played Flash - Porto Kora with my Piranha. First try Gold, second try more than 6 seconds faster than the Gold time. And I'm pretty sure there are Wipers out there that beat the Gold limit by more than 10 seconds. I didn't even have a single PL :?

zargz
22nd August 2007, 12:14 PM
:) heh! I find that with a ship with under 4 in steering I can hardly get around the track.
still bouncing off the walls thou .. http://geocities.com/zargz/leenden/phm.gif

Medusa
23rd August 2007, 12:06 AM
Well, I'm still sitting at 177 golds here!! I'd like to at least get all SR/Tournament golds before Pulse, I don't think I'll get all the TT ones but you never know. I just get so bored on the slow classes, if I don't get the TT gold in about five races I give up. Sadly I just dislike the slow TTs in Pure, there's just not enough drive in me for this game. Ubermall is uber evil.

Swift Killer, I only got Pure this year and didn't play it much until about three months ago. It's like a new game to me, as is WO64. So don't be surprised if I talk about that like it's new either.:p

I think zargz and Task will beat me by a long ways in completing Pure!

swift killer
23rd August 2007, 08:15 AM
max medals you can get in the EU version is 338, for those of you wondering where the extra 10 came from, theres a extra scifi download from the channels french channel, its basically khara descent with scifi banners.

alterego
30th August 2007, 05:19 AM
max medals you can get in the EU version is 338, for those of you wondering where the extra 10 came from, theres a extra scifi download from the channels french channel, its basically khara descent with scifi banners.

..a little correction....;)

Total gold medals in EU version of Pure are 339 :nod:)

if you want to download all the packs for the Eu and USA versions of Pure.....

click here...

USA (http://www.rigaweb.it/materiali/wipeout/usa.zip)

EU (http://www.rigaweb.it/materiali/wipeout/euro.zip)

....for me in my lost memory of the past the hardest gold medal was in Kahara Flash TT e real hell....;) :D

Read you soon
CdRom

Medusa
1st September 2007, 04:01 PM
So in the race for golds (tedious, no kidding...) where are we now? Flashback's Exostra TT discussion shamed me into time trialing, now I'm at 224. After being on Kai, suddenly some of the TT's seem ridiculously easy.
I have yet to crack the Delta pack. The long and slithery tracks bore me before I can race them properly...
How about you two - Task and Zargz?

zargz
1st September 2007, 08:20 PM
Now I've got all the packs on my mem'card and atm I'm at 175 golds :)
I have done all vector and venom SR and TT (not all golds) and it's not an easy task concidering there are 28 tracks!!!
wo1 had 7, 2097 - 8, wo3 - 8, pure - 28! Amazing!
in flash and rapier I got all medals on alfa, beta and classic from before, just got the DL left there.
hmm .. need to beat the last 2 zone tracks to get the zone ship, then I'll have them all.
still got last 4 tournaments in venom, 5 in flash and 5 in rapier.
8)

Task
4th September 2007, 01:08 AM
I've slowed down a lot in my gold medal aquisition rate the past couple weeks.
I'm thinking it'll pick up again later this week, but we shall see.

I believe I'm currently at 248, missing a lot of Phantom TT and Tournament golds.
I think I'll get to about 260 pretty quickly and have a slow time going past that point.

phl0w
4th September 2007, 10:22 AM
How about you two - Task and Zargz?I haven't finished it either. Somewhere around 290 Golds. Then again it's not my top priority to gain all the Golds in Pure. If it were harder I might look at it more as a challenge than a duty but like this it's just- as said before- tedious and cumbersome. There's so many things in life that are inevitable routines, when gaming becomes another one it kinda misses the point.
That said, I do like to complete my games, but not if it's just a matter of time, so that each and any moron can complete it (not counting those present!). I miss the times when it was something to finish a game.
Maybe I feel the need to advance through Pure today when I have to get on the train for 2hrs. Stay tuned to not miss another of my ramblings :P

Flashback Jack
4th September 2007, 07:24 PM
As for me, still at 192 golds. Been that way since the first Canadian Wipeout meet. Definitely tedious though; my enthusiasm sort of waned after my PSP crashed for the first time on the second last track of Ascension. Exostra, ironically.

- F

Medusa
4th September 2007, 10:26 PM
I doubt I'll ever finish all the time trials. After one hour on flash Anulpha Pass, and .08 seconds away from the gold medal, I'm exasperated. It really bugs me when I know I'm missing something major. (like skill and patience, lol) But the SRs and Tournaments, those I'm determined to get.:coffee

alterego
5th September 2007, 05:13 AM
Hi Medusa, hi all.

No fear about TT ! ;)

They come slowly (the golds), but they come! ;)

...and, with them, skill perfection arrives....:D

TT it's a question of training and continuity......i remember my personal hell on Kahara Flash TT :( :cold .......one hundred of races for the gold!

Read You Soon
CdRom

zargz
6th September 2007, 12:01 AM
I'm there Now! :mad:
(Kahara Flash TT)

alterego
6th September 2007, 06:15 AM
Hi Zargz, hi all.

....Kahara in Flash!......aaaargh!

...but now i've a tip...ih ih ih ;)

From the start catch all the BP on the way, after the first chicane pass over the left one.
in the next right bend pass over the left BP and shoot the boost if timing is good you are fast enough for three barr roll in sequence on the three in line fracture on the left.
Pass over the right BP in the right bend in the end of fractured part.
in the open part stay on the left and choose the straight line between first BP and second one.
Stay on the right before the last left bend and choose the line as close as possible to the left of the bend for catch the last BP before the startline, this BP it's very important for maintenance of velocity!

four lap in this way and you write your timing in WZ table....i hope! ;)

Read You Soon
CdRom

stin
6th September 2007, 07:43 AM
Excellent tip rom ;), but zargz, be careful with the energy bar;)

stevie:)

zargz
6th September 2007, 07:28 PM
thanks!
spent 106 laps on free race - top 5 are between 28.32 and 28.55
so now I'll go and get me a medal. not sure if gold though :p
atm I just wanna fill all the medals so i can go on to the tournaments.
got the SR covered already.
nice to be out of the vector-venom swamp :g

Medusa
7th September 2007, 02:19 PM
Thanks for the tip!! I was managing only one BR although the rest of the race was as you described, but got stuck .67 over the gold time! Arrgh! I will conquer it today.:robot
Sometimes just switching ships does the trick for me. I went back to Icaras on Anulpha and got the gold right away, then on Khara I had to switch back to Zone.

zargz
7th September 2007, 06:25 PM
Aaarrggh! you got the zone ship!!? ok after 2 tries I got til zone 28 on the 3rd track. need 30. guess have to get it for kai ..
well I got all the medals for flash now .. not all golds though http://www.geocities.com/zargz/leenden/huh.gif

Medusa
7th September 2007, 08:42 PM
Zone on Kai...I wouldn't recommend that...even if you are racing against me.:g

After a lot of :brickwall I got the Khara flash gold by the slimmest margin I've seen yet - .02 seconds (racetime 2:56:98, lap record 28:16). I was .22 away for so long!! No more Khara for a long time for me!! Probably took 4 hours to get that! I really hate how the game takes you back on the track when you can plainly see your ship can make it to the track after a jump...grrrrrr.

Now I've got to get my TT medals for the gamma (and omega) packs which I've been purposefully ignoring due to my dislike of Ubermall. It's got to be better than Khara!

zargz
17th September 2007, 09:19 AM
261 golds - all vector, venom, flash and rapier SR, TT and tournaments + 4 zone :D exept

rapier:
omega tourny, silver
classic2 tourny, bronse
sebenco peak TT, bronse

z

Medusa
17th September 2007, 02:47 PM
Oh no. You are going to whip me badly next Kai meeting. Still at 242 golds...and I haven't even broken into the Omega pack. Just a couple vector/venom SRs on that pack. I'd better get to work.

borell
17th September 2007, 03:15 PM
Don't listen to Medusa. I encourage you to watch out for her on the tracks. Last time I played a couple of single races with Medusa I got scared. :o

Lion
18th September 2007, 11:09 AM
I'm starting to think it might be worth starting over in pure...
I have unlocked phantom on the EU and US versions, and have gold in a lot of the tournaments, and most of the single races... but the last time I really put any time into playing was over 6 months ago, so I am completely hopeless on kai now :P

Medusa
18th September 2007, 09:26 PM
LOL, borell!! Unfortunately I can't scare people into losing...:p

q_dmc12
19th September 2007, 05:14 AM
but your name suggests that you can turn them into stone;)

Medusa
19th September 2007, 02:12 PM
:D I am still working on that one...but there will likely be no such weapon added to wipeout...I'll need to invent my own method...hmmm...

zargz
23rd September 2007, 10:00 AM
yay! 300 golds and all golds on the first 4 classes!
phantom though is hard. :mr-t

Task
15th October 2007, 05:33 AM
I just (about an hour ago) finished Pure (NA). 284 Golds.

The very last one was the Phantom Descension. Took me 3 tries. Not because I didn't win in the earlier 2 tries, but because the PSP crashed. Not a big fan of the Descension tournament. 8 )

The last couple TT golds took some serious focus. Had to pretty much get a straight bunch of perfect laps.

Wow, yeah, is it ever nice to have that game finished.

Of course, what I really would like to do now (if it weren't so late, and my thumbs didn't hurt so much) is pop in Pure (EU) and start finishing that one. 8 )

For a game with so many nasty little bugs in it, it's an amazingly good game.

Medusa
15th October 2007, 02:29 PM
Awesome! Congrats, Task. (I'm still at 259, myself:p)

What amazes me about the TTs is how forgiving the Phantom TT's are - the game will let you scrape along walls almost every lap, yet still manage a gold medal. Works for me XD.

Rapier Racer
15th October 2007, 06:34 PM
If you ever got the chance to play Pure on kai Task you would soon have a lot of love for as we call it, the big one, works flawlessly, it is an awesome tour to play online much longer then the rest absolutely anything can happen..

lunar
15th October 2007, 07:01 PM
And it`s completely exhausting. :o But yes, winning a Descension is the big prize :)

zargz
16th October 2007, 09:56 AM
currently I'm on 317 golds :o !!!
got all sr golds. on tt I got 3 silvers - anulpa, koltiwa and paris hair; and 1 bronce - cardcity run. the rest golds.
on the tournaments I only've got gold on alfa. bronce on beta. the rest empty o_o"
wanna finish the TTs then will do the tournaments.

haven't played pure for two weeks :redface:
but just saw asas 'Wipeout Pure, Descension tour with RR SOX SLE and AZA' on utub and got inspired again!

8)

Asayyeah
19th October 2007, 04:12 PM
great achievment Jay :clap

Task
21st October 2007, 02:37 PM
8 ) Thanks. Only took me a couple years to pick up Pure and get started, but I did get it finished.

My current status is 71 golds (EU), and all I've done is Vector and unlocked the speed classes. Next I tackle Venom. It goes a whole lot quicker the second time through.
The Omega pack is all new stuff, so I can't fly those tracks very well, but I've already got so much practice on all the other tracks that it's a cakewalk.

Still fun though!

And that's an achievement for the game. I'm having just as much fun going through it this time as the first time. I'm not sure how it is most people see it as a chore, but perhaps I'll gain that perspective after I've worked my way back up to Phantom again.

Medusa, zargz: I'm on the same chart as you now... 8 )

Medusa
21st October 2007, 04:50 PM
Heh heh. Yep, one more person who'll be above me in the tables, lol!
So of course now, all we need is to hook you up to Kai, huh?

zargz
21st October 2007, 05:49 PM
That's right! 8)

-----------------------

btw starting on phantom is like learning to bike all over again!

o_o"!!!

zargz
11th November 2007, 09:33 PM
Today got the gold on gamma and descension phantom tournaments!!!
and won descension on the first try :D
got only delta, classic2 and omega left!

oh yeh .. and a last phantom TT ..
anulpha pass http://geocities.com/zargz/leenden/mad.gif

325 golds atm

Chill
11th November 2007, 11:47 PM
:lol... sorry to be off topic everyone, but that last smilie you did zargz is freakin' hilarious!!!

zargz
17th November 2007, 10:01 AM
finally got that damn anulpa pass gold! fell of the ledge last lap but still made it under 2 min 8)

I also snatched the gold on delta tour with goteki - chose it by misstake! :eek

327 golds.

2 to go!

:)

borell
17th November 2007, 10:03 AM
Great job on Anulpha Pass, zargz! :beer

Tomahawk
17th November 2007, 01:06 PM
I also snatched the gold on delta tour with goteki - chose it by misstake! :eek

Choosing Goteki as your ship is never a mistake! :p Good job on Anulpha Pass zargz, now the last 2 medals should be a piece of cake for you! :D

zargz
17th November 2007, 02:08 PM
thanx, guys!

never used goteki coz didn't like the design too much - looks like it's gonna break in half anytime!
but yeh, it felt like a good and heavy ship. :D

Medusa
17th November 2007, 07:35 PM
Way to go Zargz!! Great job!!

(I will be so totally slaughtered whenever I get back to playing Pure! And back on Kai...)

zargz
18th November 2007, 09:34 AM
so where you at, medusa?
medal-wise 8)

Medusa
18th November 2007, 05:24 PM
266, Lol!!

zargz
20th November 2007, 09:44 PM
1 gold to go!!!
the last tournament!
8)

Chill
21st November 2007, 05:42 AM
Great work Zargz!!! You'll probably enjoy playing that last tournament a lot, even after you finish it!! ;)

zargz
25th November 2007, 04:07 PM
okay ..
I've done it - got all the golds on pure!
yesterday actually. :D
took me a good 73hrs 10min 8)

lunar
25th November 2007, 06:11 PM
Well done Zargz, just in the nick of time for Pulse. :beer

Medusa
25th November 2007, 08:03 PM
Awesome, zargz!!
(made it to 272 today here...:rolleyes: And I'm at about 81 hours, lol!!!) Plus the time I spent playing with the bad memory stick I started with...hmm that's a lot of time...
I'm determined to at least finish the SRs and Tourneys - and get back on Kai before Pulse comes out!! Even that could be a big ask at the moment.

alterego
26th November 2007, 09:20 AM
Hi All.

I don't remember how much time I spent to reach all the golds, but........it can be a good idea of challenge.....the less, the better ;)

now i have two profiles and in their stats it clear appears a time of single player race around 700 hours.....oooops

It's better if I create a new profile......ah ah ah :D

Read You Soon
CdRom

Mad-Ice
26th November 2007, 11:40 AM
Congrates Zargz!

C'mon Medusa, you can't stay behind! I saw some new records in tables, congrates too!!

@Alterego: 700 hrs only in single player :dizzy That is too much! You are so addicted. You got the game after me and I am having a total playing time of 450 hours and I was thinking I was playing a lot, hmmm not by a longshot.

borell
26th November 2007, 11:51 AM
Congrats zargz!! :g

Did you have a tough battle for winning the gold on the last tour?

@ alterego + Mad-Ice: ... and I have 131h in single player. You two must play a lot! :dizzy

Flashback Jack
26th November 2007, 12:52 PM
You should see the amount of time I've logged in Free Play. It exceeds 90 percent of my total playtime. :)

- F

Medusa
26th November 2007, 03:48 PM
LOL - I might have spent one hour in Free Play. Maybe. Just got back to Pure yesterday. Plugging away!:g As much as one can "plug" in wipeout.

BTW, where are all your records for Pure, Zargz? You have lots of work to do by now, entering them all!!

lunar
26th November 2007, 05:57 PM
Don`t forget that re-started TTs and Free Play sessions will not count towards the total play time in your profile - so the situation for Pure addicts is even worse than it seems. :robot

Mad-Ice
26th November 2007, 06:17 PM
Mmmm, now I am going to try and defend myself here and saying that I am not an addict at all!! 'Cough'

With the 450 hours I was refering to total game play! Most of it is indeed TT and free play time. I didn't know free play time is not counting total time I am going to check this now!

Edit: Free time is counting in total playing time!!!

Singing: "I am not an addict" :beer

Tomahawk
26th November 2007, 09:23 PM
Don`t forget that re-started TTs and Free Play sessions will not count towards the total play time in your profile - so the situation for Pure addicts is even worse than it seems. :robot

I guess loading times and the times you're waiting on the grid for other players when playing on X-link kai do not count towards the total play time either... *looks at his pure profile* :eek Dramatic!

Asayyeah
26th November 2007, 10:14 PM
i am at 2097 hours ... sounds i got data corrupted :g

zargz
27th November 2007, 05:29 AM
thanx guys!

Did you have a tough battle for winning the gold on the last tour?yeh, I took the gold by 1 point! :o

c'mon medusa! you got a week til Pulse!!

alterEgo: 700 hrs vs 70 for me .. ok that's 10% of your hrs!!!

8)

G'Kyl
27th November 2007, 06:05 AM
i am at 2097 hours ... sounds i got data corrupted :g

Lol! If one gets there he/she must'n keep on playing, you know that, right? ;-)

Medusa
30th November 2007, 02:16 PM
Phew. 280 atm. I figure I've got at least 3 more weeks exclusively for Pure, with the Dec. 14 date and a week for shipping overseas...Maybe I'll even make it to 300!!

Oh, and I lied about my free play time. It's actually been 7 hours, not 1!!

zargz
4th December 2007, 07:48 PM
BTW, where are all your records for Pure, zargz? You have lots of work to do by now, entering them all!!

mmm.. don't like BRs so I won't be posting any. tracks with 1-2 BRs are ok but some classic tracks are too much.
also something I read around here from jay (task) I think it was, about having to press down the nose
all the time in order to get higher speed .. you shoud slow down if you do that, I think ..
with this two things I cannie be arsed to even try getting close to some records
although now I'm racing a lot of free race trying to get some perfect laps, wich is always nice :D
oh! don't forget the 'supership' again!! that seems to be more the rule than the exeption in wipeout games nowadays
( all games but wo1 has them )

anyway imo racing games should be about finding the ultimate racing line and not performing a tekken combo = BRs
or 'who can race the longest with the nose pressed down'.

Exept that this is ofcource the best wipeout at the time I'm typing this coz tomorrow I'll have PULSE! wich seems to be even better 8)
eXept the limited Free Race and the missing Replay :p

well i guess this should do it as my Review of Pure?
:) hehe!

phl0w
4th December 2007, 08:31 PM
...but pitching your nose has always been a major part of WO's physics, thus an important racing technique. Admittedly, though, it was much easier with a neGcon, with which you had your thumb free, instead of the PSP's crappy d-pad that doesn't allow proper diagonal input. I've gotten used to pressing down on the pad by now whenever I don't have to steer, even if it's for a fraction of a tenth of a second.

I do understand your disliking BRs, though. They are a completely unnecessary "feature", only good to divide WO players into two fractions. Much like Mario Kart's snaking technique. Don't get me wrong, they've saved my butt many times when a speed burst was the only way to finish first, but this feature ruined time-trialing for me.
Unfortunately, from what I've read it's back in Pulse.

Medusa
4th December 2007, 09:36 PM
"don't like BRs ...press down the nose all the time in order to get higher speed .. you shoud slow down if you do that, I think .."

I also dislike barrel rolls and hate the nose-down which speeds you up. Aerodynamics, hello??? And the Triakis irks me, although I use it once in awhile.
But, I still faithfully enter all my records, just to see where my times are compared to the pros' records (everyone else's). Besides, when casual Pure racers come along to the site I don't want them to feel bad when there's 30 seconds between their race time and the next one up. ;)

(And yes, I'm going to keep telling myself that.)

Asayyeah
5th December 2007, 01:02 PM
Just a slight note on the nose down : my feeling is if you press all the way the button , your ship will slowly but surely go back to his normal position but if you multiple press it you ll get it better ( in term of speed).
This is the same for the direction, if you don't want to use sideshift to really go out fast from the curves, you ll have to multi-press the lateral button ( dapd left or right) to let you do this , and this technique is way better than pressing constantly the button ( left or right).

Pavel you said : ' imo racing games should be about finding the ultimate racing line'
i disagree with you. When you dogde a AI ship or a online friend's one , you need to adapt your line at every millisecondes : that is what a racing game is for me : adapt the strategy and anticipate as much as you can and always find new lines.
Same for TT , you can't have an ultimate line cause there's several factors which influence your line and not only those who came immediately into your mind like BR, nose down or sideshift but others like type of the ship which influence a lot of your line , height of this one compared to the ground, etc...
For instance on 2097/XL ( no shortcut) Al and me have similar scores in matter of tenths secondes ( almost ultimate racetime or laptime) and we have completely different lines & technique ...

Rapier Racer
5th December 2007, 05:18 PM
Whats all this about pushing the nose down for more speed? Your talking about going along in a straight line, flat piece of track I am supposed to go faster if I push the nose down? I must be pushing it down wrong then cos the last time I tried that on Pure all I got was slowed down. :?

zargz
7th December 2007, 06:45 AM
...but pitching your nose has always been a major part of WO's physics, thus an important racing techniqueAgreed on that. in wo1, 2097 and wo3 pitching was as natural as breathing but in pure it's just irritating.

I do understand your disliking BRs, though. They are a completely unnecessary "feature", only good to divide WO players into two fractions. Much like Mario Kart's snaking technique. Don't get me wrong, they've saved my butt many times when a speed burst was the only way to finish first, but this feature ruined time-trialing for me.
Unfortunately, from what I've read it's back in Pulse.Actually the mario-boost would seeem even more realistic to me, for a wo game, than the BRs, considering tenergyhe real world wipEouts take place in,
which have been one of the majors resons I've loved these series - I love my sci-fi!

asa: guess i should've said in general racing games are all about the racing line ... :p
also as you might know I used to 'compete' mostly in TT that lacks the randomness of SR and gives the most even conditions for compareing times.
though now with internet play SR and tournaments are the most fun - yes. for the tables though I'd still race 95% TT 8)

while on a negative roll, another thing about BRs - the AI don't use them, same as the quake, cloak and energy wall in wo3 wich is pretty lame.
also you can drive through you own bomb! :o

on a positive note, that might be due to a bad prgramming, now you can see the AI make a misstake now and then
at least in two places I've seen them get stuck on a turn - citta nuova on the tight turn before the S-es and the 3rd corner (the u-turn) at chenghou project.
well, it just might be a well placed bomb by another AI.
:D

a bit back on topic: last two days I feel like I'm crossing a barrier where from forcing victories and control of the ship by sheer stuborness now I start to feel more in control
prob'ly due to them Free Races I've been doin last days. another observation - my concentration for FRs seems to vanish around lap 70!!?
:?

alterego
7th December 2007, 08:33 AM
Hi zargz, hi all.

omissis.....

while on a negative roll, another thing about BRs - the AI don't use them,

omissis....

No at all....:)

I see sometimes my AI make a Barr Roll, but with no method, no system to gain real advantage during the sr......poor AI :D

on negative side i see more difficult to make BR in SR than in TT.....during an sr with the other ships near it's hard to make BR.......:(

Read You Soon
CdRom