PDA

View Full Version : Season 2097: Qirex Pilots Challenge

phantom
20th August 2007, 01:34 PM
I dont think this has been done before, but here it goes.

I want to see who the top 10 Qirex pilots are at the moment. The challenge is open to anyone that can complete all the vector, venom and rapier tracks in wipeout 2097 with a qirex craft.

The challenge is this: Complete all 6 races in time trial mode, and post your best lap time for each race, along with the total added up times. The top ten fastest overall times are the official Qirex elite, with #1 winning the title of Qirex Lead Pilot. You can update your times at any point, and this challenge ends in 28 days time (September 17th, I think)

Im participating as well, and ill put up my top times as soon as i can find them (i have to write them down because i cant save on wipeout 2097; i play with a ps2 console but i dont have a ps1 memory card)

Good Luck!

rdmx
21st August 2007, 01:46 AM
Will you take emulated times? Coz this is the only feasible method of me playing 2097 at the moment.

Medusa
21st August 2007, 06:33 PM
I could enter my Qirex SR times...I've lent out my PS1 and XL, and I've only done all tracks on SR, not TT. Not sure if you'd want to bend your challenge rules like that, or if times gotten in the past (only 1/2 months ago, mind you) can be used. Let me know.

Task
21st August 2007, 08:52 PM
I think the first problem would be that 2097 and XL times aren't directly comparable.
Sad, but true.

Lance
21st August 2007, 11:04 PM
Very very close, though. Ben Schmaedig and I had a competition with Qirex with him on 2097 and me on XL, and the results would indicate that the two versions have very similar time potentials, at least on Talon's Reach.

phantom
23rd August 2007, 10:31 PM
Hmm. Fractions of seconds can make great differences, so its not something we can afford to overlook. Ill think of something, But for now, to answer your questions, yes, emulated times are acceptable, and sure, you can use old times, thats what im doing as soon as i find them.

element42
25th August 2007, 03:12 PM
Slap me if I'm being an idiot , but I'm a little confused about the challenge...
Presumably you mean the first six tracks (not Vostok Island or Spilskinanke), and do you want Phantom times (ie having completed Rapier)?

phantom
25th August 2007, 10:19 PM
yeah, just the first six, and no, you do each track on the speed class it belongs in, so talons reach in vector, phenitia park in venom ad odessa keys in rapier, for example.

And i think, with the 2097/XL issue, you should put up your times, and specify as to which version you played, then, if the time difference is significant, the easier/faster version of the game will be given a suitable handcap, hopefully in 1/10ths of seconds as to keep the times as pure as possible.

That sound fair?

Medusa
26th August 2007, 07:10 PM
I don't want to be too annoying...but are Single Race times eligible?? The only TT time I have is on Talon's Reach.
And I need a memory refresher for which track is which speed (Here's my guess: Gare d'Europa and Odessa in Rapier, Phenitia and Valparaiso in Venom, Sagarmatha and Talon's in Vector??)

Asayyeah
26th August 2007, 07:21 PM
That's it Isa :banzai

element42
2nd September 2007, 10:39 AM
I am slowly working on this, but <moan> it's sooo hard! </moan> I'd really forgotten how much of a fat ass the Qirex has, I've been spoiled by too much Pirahna-ness.

AG-wolf
22nd February 2008, 05:37 PM
what became of this? It's long past september, but Qirex is the only team I use in XL, so I'm quite accustomed to them ;3

Hillo
25th March 2008, 07:25 PM
Sounds like a good challenge to me, anyone willing to revive this?