PDA

View Full Version : Launch title... again

shunjalo
7th August 2007, 06:39 PM
First of all, one big "Hi!" to all of you. Long time lurker, first time poster.

Now, has anyone else noticed that a new WipEout is coming out about the same time as a slim PSP? How many games can say they've been a launch title for the same system twice? :)

As for me, Pure was the reason I bought PSP in the first place. If I had a TV with a component input, Pulse would be a reason to buy it again. Who knows, maybe I will anyway? Hehe.

As a sidenote, have you seen the video on Gamespot? It's the same as the one on youtube, but of much better quality. 26 megs. I can hardly believe it runs on a portable device. I expected it to look better then its predecesor, but this is sweet! Man, this month will be a long one.

Lance
7th August 2007, 06:48 PM
Hmmmm.... was there a release of any old or new game series edition for the launch of the TeensyWeensy PS2?

Task
7th August 2007, 07:21 PM
8 D Or the TinyAndDoesn'tDoLinkMode PS1?

infoxicated
7th August 2007, 07:46 PM
It wasn't lost on us that Pulse could be a launch title for the new PSP, although at that point we thought the changes to the hardware would be much more drastic - like a full PSP2 effort.

Turns out we'll miss the boat by a little bit, though - there are a couple of other games that'll beat us to the punch of being out before we hit the shelves. Still, I'll have a new PSP all ready for it when the game does arrive. :D

RJ O'Connell
7th August 2007, 07:52 PM
I'll be too broke to buy a new PSP.

Then again, I haven't upgraded to the slim-line PS2, I have a Nintendo 64 that I recieved in 1996 that still works despite having a sticky reset button, and I even play Super Nintendo games! On a console!

[/offtopic ]

infoxicated
7th August 2007, 08:03 PM
If we do end up doing a bundle where it's Wipeout Pulse in the box with a new PSP, then I'll have to buy one of those just for historical significance. :)

Even better if it was a Wipeout branded PSP - I'd be all over that! :D

(not that I can afford it, either, but I'd sell my old one and ebay some games to raise the money)

shunjalo
7th August 2007, 08:10 PM
Hey! That "TinyAndDoesn'tDoLinkMode" is my current home system of choice, so mind your manners. :g Seriously, I own both of those, and really cannot remember if any had a re-launch title in the form of a new-adition-to-the-series-of-original-launch-title (phew). Don't really care: if there are any, they aren't anti-grav. :p

So, it won't actually be out on the same day as a new PSP? Well, they should delay it, then! :)

A Wipeout branded PSP is a nice idea, but I doubt it. Then again, who knows? What about a PSP in your favourite team colours? Hmm... Assegai or Van Uber? Is there a Van Uber in Pulse anyway?

Edit: I just read: Van Uber went bankrupt?! Who made this game?

zargz
7th August 2007, 08:15 PM
I saw a FFVII branded psp on ebay - pretty cool! :nod