PDA

View Full Version : ?Release 3SE on UMD?

mdhay
5th August 2007, 04:06 PM
Does anyone else think having a umd release of 3se is a good idea?

I thought it was, because I could finally play '3se and anywhere! :D

Mark Of Insanity
5th August 2007, 06:50 PM
This would be awesome IMO. And because it would be on PSP it wouldn't matter much about resolution, even if it would look slightly blocky and dark in comparison to Pure.

From a practical point of view, I don't know whether we'll be seing this any time soon. It's almost definately possible for the game to be converted to a playable PSP format, as Sony have done with WO1 and will do with 2097/XL.
However, they may choose only to repeat what they have done to WO1 and 2097/XL by applying it to 3SE.

In UMD format, I would hope, at best, for a release of the original 3 (not 64) Wipeouts (3:SE, not the original Wip3out) in one box with three separate UMD's for each game.

That said, is it possible to play WO1 on the PSP (and hopefully soon SE and 2097) without owning a PS3?

I wouldn't count on it, if they have already started releasing the originals for PSP in non-UMD form.

All of that said, I'm assuming you buy the original WO's for the PSP digitally?

zargz
5th August 2007, 07:22 PM
In UMD format, I would hope, at best, for a release of the original 3 (not 64) Wipeouts (3:SE, not the original Wip3out) in one box with three separate UMD's for each game.Or ONE umd for all the games! (coz of the 1.8 Gb/umd)
I'd like to see same games as you wo1 2097 and 3se(instead of 3)
BUT I'd love to see wo64 as well! 8)
wich probly isn't possible coz of the 64 code?? :?

phl0w
5th August 2007, 07:31 PM
Unless they split the PSP in half, making it possible to twist it around its "waist", I don't think I could get familiar with the classics. ;)
Besides, widescreen doesn't look good at all with the older games.

Sausehuhn
5th August 2007, 07:53 PM
[...]I'd like to see same games as you wo1 2097[...]

WO2097 will be (or is already?) available in the Playstation Store for download :)

Chill
6th August 2007, 12:09 AM
Widescreen doesn't look good at all with the older games.

That's why the option of a smaller full screen, or a widescreen with a bit of the top and bottom being cut off should be added or something... ;)

zargz
6th August 2007, 09:26 AM
actually I did some 'widescreen racing' with SE - the tracks look wider and the ships look like nascars! :D

WO2097 will be (or is already?) available in the Playstation Store for download :) and so is wo1 but we're talking about a theoretical umd :donut release here. 8)