PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Order offers? Special Editions?

Ally Graham
28th July 2007, 08:56 AM
Does anyone know if there are any special pre-order offers or special editions of Pulse for the UK market?

APVangeliLMS
28th July 2007, 05:34 PM
i dont really have an answer, for i'm in the green state of maine.

Dr. Angryman
28th July 2007, 07:05 PM
Yeah, I hope that a pre-order option comes on Amazon.com soon. Then I can safely say that I'm one of the first to have WipEout Pulse.... One of the first thousand, maybe. ;)

Rapier Racer
28th July 2007, 08:55 PM
Why has it not shown up already? Is it actually coming out in September or is there a delay? Normally a game being released in just over a months time would have shown up on a lot of shopping sites by now

RJ O'Connell
28th July 2007, 11:08 PM
USA still has no confirmed release date. At this point any edition of the game will do. Just so long as it has good racing and online multiplayer. :D

Hellfire_WZ
29th July 2007, 03:31 PM
I think September was only a provisional date though, maybe things have been pushed back. We'll probably start seeing pre-orders once a date is officially announced

Rapier Racer
29th July 2007, 03:48 PM
If Pulse is pushed back would I be correct in assuming HD will be too knowing that it contains tracks from Pulse?

RJ O'Connell
29th July 2007, 03:52 PM
Whoa! I didn't recognise you without that Assegai logo, Rapier!

I'm expecting the official announcement will be made at Leipzig in a month.

Hellfire_WZ
29th July 2007, 03:53 PM
Well the provisional HD date is December sometime, so probably only if Pulse is pushed back further than that (touch wood it's not) as I suppose they would have different development schedules.

Frances_Penfold
29th July 2007, 05:37 PM
I'm hoping to see a release date soon as well.

If there's more than a 2 week lag between the North America and Europe release dates, I will probably import.

Unless there are content differences between the two versions, in which case I will almost surely import! I want to be on the same page as all of you Europeans :)

I hope we get more info about the different versions soon, as this will probably impact purchases for many of us. For example, if TT ladders will be different for the Europe and NA releases, I would almost surely want to import, regardless of downloadable content differences.

Mobius
29th July 2007, 05:52 PM
Supposedly all regions will be interoperatable over internet play IIRC. At the moment Amazon have the release date slated for 28th September.

Rapier Racer
29th July 2007, 05:57 PM
Whoa! I didn't recognise you without that Assegai logo, Rapier!

lol yeah a temporary change for some pre Pulse training cos I suspect Assegai is going to handle like harimau in Pulse judging by the stats that were posted

lunar
29th July 2007, 08:31 PM
:sonar You are taking this very seriously, sir. I hope the release is simultaneous worldwide - to increase the first night online carnage. :cold

Maybe it will be bundled with the new psp, as the release dates sort-of coincide. Sony can put me down for one of those if I can find the funds.

stin
29th July 2007, 08:45 PM
Online war?, Come to my Bitch!!!!

stevie:D

Dr. Angryman
29th July 2007, 09:59 PM
At the moment Amazon have the release date slated for 28th September.

:o

Too far away....

Well, I'm going to cook my dinner for the next two months, then freeze it. :dizzy

MarcoM
30th July 2007, 11:31 AM
Play.com says 26-10-07

http://www.play.com/Games/PSP/4-/3433739/Wipeout-Pulse/Product.html

Rapier Racer
21st August 2007, 04:32 PM
Well I've preordered mine with GAME they always deliver on time, no date up yet just Oct 2007

Turbovec
23rd August 2007, 02:10 AM
Does anyone know if there is a site that is preordering the PAL version, and ships to the US?

Sausehuhn
23rd August 2007, 08:47 PM
Why would you need that? Multiplayer will work between PAL and US games and the PSP can read games of all regions.
It was a problem with Pure, but it's not with Pulse anymore :)

RJ O'Connell
23rd August 2007, 09:21 PM
GameF**Ks.com is listing the releases as: Sept 2007 - US, Oct 2007 - EU, Sept 9 2007 - AU - I seriously doubt any chance of that happening.

Hellfire_WZ
23rd August 2007, 09:26 PM
GameFAQs just pick their info up from various media sources, they don't have any links with any developers. I'd take them with a pinch of salt

Frances_Penfold
23rd August 2007, 11:28 PM
Why would you need that? Multiplayer will work between PAL and US games and the PSP can read games of all regions.
It was a problem with Pure, but it's not with Pulse anymore :)

It also depends though on whether time trials is listed separately for NA vs. PAL. If so, I would want to pick up the PAL release as well :)

But I'm hoping for a unified online and TT chart experience

swift killer
24th August 2007, 10:45 AM
could have rewards/awards for those who create the best liveries

Dr. Angryman
24th August 2007, 10:03 PM
Yeah, that'd be neat! :nod Pulse seems to be coming on soon now (though it's probably out of anticipation). Did anyone see this?

http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?p=69614#post69614

This article a used in the Pulse Official thread states that it's coming out September 28 for the European side of the Atlantic Ocean. No news yet for the Americans. :brickwall

The Gracer
31st August 2007, 06:08 AM
Well, i have my copy on preorder with EB Games - i cant remember what the exact date was for here in NZ but it was early November if i remember correctly. Or was it late september?

FurryKing
2nd September 2007, 02:12 AM
I went last week and they told me that there was no release date... :(. I'm going to assume that they are just working out all the kinks with the online portion.

The Gracer
2nd September 2007, 08:17 AM
Yeah, its another one of those things that is going to differ for every person.

------------------------------------

Here is a helpful hint - quoting the post directly preceeding your own is frowned upon in this forum. it might pay to edit it out before lance or another moderator sees it - they may or may not get angry. :)

swift killer
2nd September 2007, 09:25 AM
Yeah, that'd be neat! :nod Pulse seems to be coming on soon now (though it's probably out of anticipation). Did anyone see this?

http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?p=69614#post69614

This article a used in the Pulse Official thread states that it's coming out September 28 for the European side of the Atlantic Ocean. No news yet for the Americans. :brickwall

I read in another thread that its been delayed untill October, possibly those few minor tweaks to perfect the game.

Dr. Angryman
2nd September 2007, 04:41 PM
Those tweaks better make the game perfect, that's all I have to say. :g

Lance
2nd September 2007, 10:17 PM
Perfect for whom? :)

Dr. Angryman
3rd September 2007, 12:04 AM
Good point! I guess "perfect" is different for everyone. ;)