PDA

View Full Version : WipEout Pulse...big screen???

cybrpnk
11th July 2007, 09:49 PM
Man...I can't stop searching the net for video after video of Pulse...and by some of the better quality videos, it looks so damn good in motion...hats off to Studio Liverpool...

One question...are there anyways of hooking up the PSP to a TV so that Pure and Pulse canbe enjoyed on a grander scale...you don't understand how much I've waited for a WipEout of this quality and crave for it on a bigger screen...

I guess that's what the PS3 WipEout is there for...but until then...any tricks anyone knows of???

I reckon SL should just port over Pure and Pulse in a single package...ie Pulse physics and all of Pure's tracks included onto the PS2...do you realise how much of a killing you'll be making in sales???...I for one will buy about 3 copies...seriously...lol

zargz
11th July 2007, 10:30 PM
If they do, I'll buy a ps2!!! http://geocities.com/zargz/leenden/huh.gif

wipEout was the reason I bought psx.
Fusion was the reason I didn't buy ps2.

borell
11th July 2007, 10:50 PM
Let's just hope that this is correct concerning the new model:

E3: Sony announces redesigned PSP, video output included (http://pspupdates.qj.net/E3-Sony-announces-redesigned-PSP-video-output-included/pg/49/aid/97223) :)

Kyang
11th July 2007, 11:26 PM
The new PSP has a video out, just like that article says. I saw the video of the E3 Sony presentation, and you will in fact be able to go big-screen on everything, videos, games, pictures, etc. It's a full video-out.

Only on the new PSP-slim though.

cybrpnk
12th July 2007, 07:43 AM
don't mind buying a new psp...lol...

it'll be worth it just to see pure and pulse on the big screen...

sweeeeeeeeeeet...

zargz
12th July 2007, 10:14 AM
Only on the new PSP-slim though.wonder if there'll be any 'bugs' like the ps2 slim overheats and turns off after 3-4 hrs http://www.geocities.com/zargz/leenden/pq.gif

just saw the vdo.
'And there's no more infra-red' what does that mean??!

Dogg Thang
12th July 2007, 10:39 AM
There was a little infra-red thing on the PSP. I have no idea if it was ever used or what it was for though.

lunar
12th July 2007, 11:50 AM
Surely someone is going to come up with an external controller for PSP when playing on a big screen. Just plug it into the USB. I say "surely" but I don`t really know. It is an excellent way of getting even more of our cash, so makes sense. Then the PSP could also function as a complete home console, especially when enjoying non-squinting Pure and Pulse action on the TV.

Dogg Thang
12th July 2007, 12:23 PM
Considering a handheld is basically a controller with a screen, doesn't replacing the screen and the controller sort of defeat the purpose?

zargz
12th July 2007, 12:38 PM
Surely someone is going to come up with an external controller for PSP ...

ok now threr's out for the tv but is there anywhere to plug in a controller on to the psp? :?

and what exactly is the 'infra red' used for??

lunar
12th July 2007, 12:39 PM
DT, you`re not replacing the screen, just adding functions to the overall package. For people who only play on the move it has no purpose, but imo it just makes the PSP a more attractive system overall. I know that a lot of PSP users play the thing at home. If they`re going to give TV out they might as well complete the job and enable external controllers. Why not plug it into a big screen when you have the chance? There`s no need to say "it`s a handheld you can`t do that". Make it a very portable console - and you can take it anywhere and use it how you like. Play it on the plane, then plug it into your hotel TV at the end of the journey, it`s all good.

The Gracer
12th July 2007, 09:47 PM
i had a....err....debate about this with my gf while i was watching the video of the new psp - she couldnt see the point of a video out, but i could see the benefits it could bring. then again, she doesnt play video games, so she just doesnt understand. :p

Lance
12th July 2007, 10:23 PM
Mmm... perhaps she thinks that video out will let you play videogames on the tv and keep her from watching what she wants on the tv? Pure speculation, of course, but..... :D

Mark Of Insanity
12th July 2007, 10:43 PM
Damn, this pisses me off, cause I just bought a new PSP. Where did I put my rope?

I wonder if it's possible to officially or unofficially upgrade a PSP to have the benefits of the newer version?

q_dmc12
13th July 2007, 01:29 AM
Yeah, void the warrentee

PSP2TV (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2091&highlight=psp2tv)

Sable
13th July 2007, 04:11 AM
I personally don't really see the point of the video-out unless you're sick of people watching over your shoulder (lol). I only have a 29" TV but if I sit where I normally do and hold my PSP as I normally do and raise it up to my eyes it is actually bigger than my TV. Try it and see!

mclarensmps
13th July 2007, 05:20 AM
Video out + Audio out = Wipeout Pulse crazy fun.

It's fun playing games on a big screen, I don't find this as being a pointless upgrade. I'm just worried about the resolutions of the games on the bigger screen when compared to the resolution on the PSP.

The bigger advantage though, is watching video's on any TV.

Dogg Thang
13th July 2007, 05:48 AM
Considering Wipeout HD seems to have the tracks from Pure and Pulse, that may remove the need to play PSP WO games on their television. And, whatever about the PSP resolution, WOHD looks astounding.

G'Kyl
13th July 2007, 07:03 AM
In all honesty, I don't see the point in playing PSP games on a TV. I've seen it many times and it just doesn't pay off to get a resolution as low as the PSP's streched like that. Whenever I started playing PSP games on a TV set I found myself looking at the handheld after a while and realized how much better they look on the screen they were made for. THIS is no reason I will even consider getting a "PSP slim". Improved battery life as well as better screen light might be...

Ben

phl0w
13th July 2007, 08:28 AM
and raise it up to my eyes it is actually bigger than my TV. Try it and see! :D
You don't say... Try and observe ants with a magnifying glass!

I'm with Kyl and Sable on this matter. Playing PSP on a TV is not an option. Sorry, but that is so wrong. I bought a handheld because I have to journey a lot via public transportation. I don't know about others that own handhelds, but at home I have better use of my time than playing a handheld %)
Besides, I can imagine it would look really bad on a conventional CRT-TV.

Neither can I comprehend how one can shut off the PSP unintentionally while playing. Then again there's so many ways to hold a handheld. I can remember my finger tip's changing my DS's volume constantly while playing. Drove me crazy.
The speakers new location is a better solution, but not necessary since in public you use headphones or turn off the sound anyway.

I bought it, if it featured a second analog stick and a- for the way I hold it- better placement of the left nub, where my thumb doesn't cramp after 15 minutes :)

cybrpnk
13th July 2007, 09:22 AM
How is it wrong??? I understand that the PSP was primarily built as a handheld and yes...it should be played on the go...but it would be nice to have an option to play on the big screen...:)

lunar
13th July 2007, 10:26 AM
There`s nothing wrong with it at all. It certainly won`t be Wipeout HD, and I guess PSP games on a 40 inch HD LCD wouldn`t look too nice :blarg, but I think Pure and Pulse will look fine on a smaller widescreen, or something along those lines, and it`ll make extended online sessions a lot easier on the eye, for me anyway, but it`s all about choice. :)

Sable
13th July 2007, 10:28 AM
:D You don't say... Try and observe ants with a magnifying glass!

On a sunny day? lol

Dogg Thang
13th July 2007, 07:06 PM
On pspupdates, they've got a report on playing psp games on television that says this - "games are bordered, rendered at 480x272, and for progressive scan only." I'm not really sure if that affects things one way or another.

Sausehuhn
13th July 2007, 10:17 PM
I don't mind that the resolution won't be as high as a standard-TV (640*480 pixels). WipE'out'' and WipEout 2097 just had 320*180 and sure, the image doesn't look as nice as Wip3out and above does, but It's not like "waaah I can't look at this - that's a reason I won't play that game on a big screen".
I think the Video-Output is a really nice addition to the console and finally you can fully enjoy your PSP's exclusives at home too :)

G'Kyl
14th July 2007, 02:14 PM
It IS a nice addition, but as a matter of fact I'm always like "Waaah, it looks so much better on PSP - THAT's the reason I won't play on a big screen." ;-))

Ben

RingoSpoon
14th July 2007, 04:52 PM
are there anyways of hooking up the PSP to a TV so that Pure and Pulse canbe enjoyed on a grander scale...

I just got a Blaze PSP to TV projector for my Birthday :) (You can get them now for 10 to 15 quid)

The picture isnt great, but my view is now 42" instead of 4.5" :)

Looks great whilst playing phantom :hyper

APVangeliLMS
27th July 2007, 01:05 AM
The new PSP has a video out, just like that article says. I saw the video of the E3 Sony presentation, and you will in fact be able to go big-screen on everything, videos, games, pictures, etc. It's a full video-out.

Only on the new PSP-slim though.

believe that it will come out for the original psp in a usb/remote plugin form, because in firmware 3.5, someone found the video out icon. that was on an original psp. thats why i think it will be availible for the original.

Rapier Racer
30th July 2007, 08:34 PM
I have to say I'm not in avid support of this video out feature, pixelated crappy looking Wipeout Pulse isn't my idea of a good time.

RingoSpoon
5th August 2007, 04:59 PM
pixelated crappy looking Wipeout Pulse isn't my idea of a good time.

I wouldn't say it was 'pixelated' as such - its moving too fast :) Looks great in Phantom / Zone mode even without proper video out :beer