PDA

View Full Version : Wipeout HD trailer

conrad
11th July 2007, 08:51 PM
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/82638.html?playlist=featured

very short and not very high video quality trailer for wipeout HD.

looks like wipeout pure has had a graphical facelift :)

Rapier Racer
11th July 2007, 08:53 PM
Yeah thats the E3 footage I watched live it seemed really choppy

Hellfire_WZ
11th July 2007, 09:04 PM
I want it's babies! :D

Bloody hell, that looks fantastic! Ties in with what's been said that Pure's tracks will be reused, that was Chenghou Project.

RJ O'Connell
11th July 2007, 09:15 PM
Of course, if it uses the same tracks as Pure, where is FX350 coming from?

supersocks
11th July 2007, 09:15 PM
Don't know if it's because of camera or not, most probably it is, but with high contrast it looks awesome. Chenghou Project HD brought back the feeling something between Phenitia Park and Spilskinanke.

But still it's just Pure/Pulse with better textures and extra buildings. Meh.

cybrpnk
11th July 2007, 09:18 PM
I reckon this is reason good enough to finally plonk some cash down for a ps3. For anything WipEout...:) Love the trailer... Pardon the ignorance, but when is this available on the PlayStation Network???

RJ O'Connell
11th July 2007, 09:21 PM
Supposedly by the end of 2007, I've heard.

cybrpnk
11th July 2007, 09:28 PM
Just in time for Christmas...niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice...eheheh.

Sweeeeeeeeeeet...

Frances_Penfold
12th July 2007, 01:25 AM
I would be VERY excited if this is a HD version of Pulse and Pure because it'd be a hoot to play this as a home console game with online (I'm guessing it would be online)-- and let's face it, the fact that this would be a "re-treat" of existing tracks means that we are getting a Wipeout game much earlier than we would otherwise.

I own a GCN and a Wii already, I'm on the fence between Xbox and PS3. This is making me leaning towards the PS3 :hyper

rdmx
12th July 2007, 01:45 AM
I'll be honest, at the moment, IMO the track textures with the whole ribbed thing down the track looks ugly. And I do believe there was some slowdown when the missile was fired. Hope it looks better by release time :)

BTW, that was orchestral music wasn't it for HD? That would be awesome for WipEout.

InvaderF00
12th July 2007, 02:26 AM
HD is all well and good but how am I going to connect my neggy?

^_^

mclarensmps
12th July 2007, 05:53 AM
I just wanted to point out that everything on those big screens at the sony conference looked choppy, not just wipeout HD, it seemed to be something with the setup. microsoft's conference's screen had the same problem, i dont remember the nintendo one so much.

RJ O'Connell
12th July 2007, 01:39 PM
Let me guess, E3 decided to get rid of decent video quality when they relaunched (stripped down to a bare minimum) the thing?

Sausehuhn
12th July 2007, 03:16 PM
Why don't they put the trailer (in high resolution) on www.wipeouthd.com as they did with Pure and www.wipeoutpure.com back in the says?

Ally Graham
12th July 2007, 05:44 PM
The trailer is now on the PSN in 1080P, and it looks soooo nice :)

Sausehuhn
12th July 2007, 06:22 PM
download it to your HDD and load it up to rapidshare please :)

______
EDIT

At least in good quality (but still small resolution) at IGN.com (http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/838/838996/vids_1.html).
Not sure about the game yet. Too much contrast maybe. And definitely too much texture on the track. It somehow feels to disturbing too me. You lose focus on the actual track.
Graphicalwise it looks good. At least with 320*180 pixels.

supersocks
12th July 2007, 07:07 PM
Why don't they put the trailer (in high resolution) on www.wipeouthd.com as they did with Pure and www.wipeoutpure.com back in the says?

They want us desperate fans to buy PS3 :p

Dogg Thang
12th July 2007, 09:01 PM
I just saw the full HD trailer.

Wow.

Mark Of Insanity
12th July 2007, 09:38 PM
Looks like it'll be to Pure and Pulse as 64 was to XL and WO1. Nice graphics, but I hope the contrails look lighter in game, they look like solid objects...

Love the lighting effects, and the trailer reveals much more than Pulse's did.
Sleek, and great contrast of the light and dark. I don't think I'll be buying a PS3 for it though. I haven't seen any other titles worth buying a PS3 for yet.

BaldyCurly
13th July 2007, 08:37 AM
Watched thsi again and again last night after downloading from PSN. Can't wait!

At last the games appear to be coming for the PS3!!!

Sausehuhn
13th July 2007, 10:38 AM
Now also at gametrailers.com (http://www.gametrailers.com/player/21882.html?e3i=1&type=mov) .

Rapier Racer
22nd July 2007, 03:13 PM
Did anyone upload the PSN trailer yet? I'm doing so now, as fast as my downstream is here in the UK upstream speeds are abysmal like 512k speeds so it will take a little while @183 megs but it must be shared tis not the same footage as the one above.

EDIT: here it is for those interested it is very nice indeed clicky the arrow under the thumbnail to download, I think it lets you stream it too but you might be waiting a while

http://digitalvault.bt.com/invite/login?c=323133363830&i=fbfdc-113debf76a8-gemini01&t=b7306b972e6e5d2c&r=mg&lang=en

and I hope that song appears in the game :)

Edit: the above is not compressed and probably wont play smooth on your pc standard version I made here, sound is about half a second out but its still good.

http://rapidshare.com/files/44408349/Wipeout_HD_Trailer_1080.avi

Sausehuhn
23rd July 2007, 11:20 AM
Oh that's cool mate :)
I probably can't view it on my computer (it wasn't even able to handle the 720p one), but I'll download it anyway... for my archives ;)

mclarensmps
23rd July 2007, 01:14 PM
I'm also hoping that track makes it into the game, it sounds soooo good (as i mentioned before too lol), it works absolutely perfectly with the trailer.

InvaderF00
26th July 2007, 03:33 AM
Here is a re-encoded 720P from the 1080 source. Still high quality and should play a lot smoother on less spectacular hardware.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RG92KLED

So, Pure is making it's way to the PS3. Hope we still get the download packs, or at least the Omega pack... and the classics (of course) ^_^

Riccardo Raccis
26th July 2007, 01:34 PM
Omega Pack on HD would probably make your eyes bleed mayonnaise.

:dizzy

Dr. Angryman
26th July 2007, 02:51 PM
Imagine all the "Oohs" and "Ahhs" of Paris Hair in....cue dramatic voice:

6.1 Surround Sound!

YAY! :g

RJ O'Connell
26th July 2007, 05:25 PM
What's a "Paris Hair?" ;)

Dr. Angryman
26th July 2007, 07:17 PM
Hah! Good one! :g

Lance
26th July 2007, 11:45 PM
Lepin?

Dr. Angryman
29th July 2007, 10:09 PM

Me no understand! :p

Task
29th July 2007, 11:37 PM
Well, he _did_ spell it wrong, it's "lapin". But it was pretty obvious what he meant if you know any French.
Paris is in France, and is therefore French.
Hair is like hare which is a rabbit.
Rabbit in French is... lapin!
So a Paris Hare could be a lapin you see?

Yeah, it loses a lot in translation. As a one-off word it was pretty funny. 8 )

benjahman
30th July 2007, 01:12 AM
I'll be honest, at the moment, IMO the track textures with the whole ribbed thing down the track looks ugly. And I do believe there was some slowdown when the missile was fired. Hope it looks better by release time :)

BTW, that was orchestral music wasn't it for HD? That would be awesome for WipEout.

well, I have to say that I'm agree with you on that point, the track textures don't look good to me either. Everything outside the track looks fantastic (HDR lighting and stunning details) but the non flat texture of the ground and those kinds of red stripes on some parts of the tracks look awfull to me. The acceleration and weapon pads are not well done either. Also, the contrast between lights and shadows seems to be too strong. IMO of course...

Dr. Angryman
30th July 2007, 02:26 AM
Another concern: not enough movement. I'm looking at the video, and I'm not seeing many ships and cars flying in the skies overhead. I hope this'll be fixed.

Lance
30th July 2007, 02:42 PM
:redface: What can I say; it's been 45 years since I took French. That's what I get for trying to be clever. :rolleyes:

RJ O'Connell
30th July 2007, 03:24 PM
Now I assume we should get off your lawn? :D

I just wish I had a PS3 come christmas. ;_;

Lance
30th July 2007, 05:32 PM
Hmm... that gives me an idea, I could probably use a few petrified trash-throwing trolls to decorate the yard. It's pretty bare out there right now. ;)