PDA

View Full Version : Features and Changes

The Gracer
4th July 2007, 12:07 AM
Uhh, updated the thread to match the website. :)

N.B. All features and changes are subject to revision. WipEout Pulse is still under development, so nothing here is concrete.

Gameplay & Visual

• Status effects - things like smoking engines, fire damage and HUD interference

• AD-HOC and Infrastructure Multiplayer modes - Single Race, Head To Head, Tournament and Eliminator.
There is also a LAN mode which allows you to connect to a WLAN router first, to help eliminate lag

• Smoother graphics and textures

• Online Livery Editor, allowing user created content into the game. Liveries are saved and downloaded onto the memory stick for use in the game.

• Two new thrust trails appear to the right and left of the main trail behind ship when a Boost powerup or pad is utilised

• New HUD 'fish-eye' wrapping option

• HUD responds to contact with walls and weapons

• Mag-Lock sections, allowing loops and vertical sections of circuit

• Custom playlists

• FASTER!! :hyper

• EASY, MEDIUM and HARD difficulty selection in Single Player, affecting the AI, not the craft speed

• Vector class has been dropped

• 'Pack' racing - the AI now races more realistically, more like, say, a touring car race

• No replays. :(

Modes

• New 'Race Campaign' mode, working off a grid system - will feature a total of 80 to 85 events that are spread across all the single player modes.

• In-game Photography mode, letting you take pictures of your craft in action!

• New 'Speed Lap' mode, which is a 7 lap time attack mode. One Boost powerup per lap, as usual.

• 'RaceBox' mode, allowing you to create your own race structure and then use it

• A 'Race Campaign' grid editor is planned to be shipped with the game, so that we can create our own campaign grids and save to memory stick.

• Revamped 'Zone' mode - a blend of Fusion's and purE's where each of the standard circuits is given a 'purE Zone' graphic style overhaul. Each team now has its own zone ship design, but the change is purely cosmetic.

• Eliminator mode returns!! Base weapons will do more damage, and there are two weapons exclusive to this mode.
- Shuriken (A crazy bomb-rocket that ricochets off walls and then explodes, heavily damaging surrounding craft
- Repulsor (A force-field that surrounds your ship, pushing people away, then explodes outward as a shock wave causing heavy shield damage)

• Head to Head mode - A one on one race with a highly competitive AI.

Miscellaneous

• All download packs are compatible with all regions

• The 'Sleep Mode' bug appears to have been fixed in the preview code.

Circuit List

• Each track will have a 'Black Run' and a 'White Run' - simply reverse routes of each track, slightly altered with their own challenges depending on the speed class and the game mode.

In no particular order :

• Moa Therma
• Talon's Junction
• Metropia
• Platinum Rush
• Arc Prime
• De Konstruct
• Tech De Ra
• The Amphiseum
• Fort Gale
• Basilico
• Outpost 7
• Vertica

Confirmed Weapon List

Leech Beam (NEW) Drains locked opponent's energy and makes it your own.
Auto-Pilot
Shield
Turbo
Rockets
Missile
Cannon (NEW) 30 proton shells that can be fired at once or preserved to shoot in bursts.
Plasma
Quake
Mines
Bomb
Shuriken (NEW) Razor sharp disk projectile - bounces from walls and ships causing damage until it detonates after a set time period.
Repulsor (NEW) Ring of disturbance flies from the ship, causing damage and knocking opponents off course.Confirmed Team List -

• There is a new 'Team Loyalty' points system, which ties in to unlockable content.

• FEISAR

• AG-SYSTEMS

• QIREX

• PIRAHNA

• EG-X ( EG-R and XIOS combined)

• GOTEKI-45

• TRIAKIS

• ASSEGAI

• Auricom is to be released in a pack at a later date, as is Harimau, Icaras, and a new team, Mirage.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just a small edit - the game (unfortunately) doesnt run at 333mHz like i thought i read somewhere. Sorry for any confusion!

Task
4th July 2007, 12:56 AM
Stickied. For now. Subject to removal without notice. 8 )

The Eliminator weapons have been named, but not detailed. One is "Energy Drain" and I believe it's called Leech. One is called Shuriken, it might be the Minigun. Have a look in the interviews, the information is there.

The Gracer
4th July 2007, 01:05 AM
GAH! missed the interviews thread. Thanks, ill get right on it :D

RJ O'Connell
4th July 2007, 01:20 AM
Icaras will also be available as a download team, same with Mirage - recent speculation says Mirage is based somewhere in the Middle East or West Asia.

Also, Triakis isn't on the list.

The Gracer
4th July 2007, 03:06 AM
Thanks RJ - i had Triakis written in my notes, but somehow it didnt make the post. Weird. Icaras has been added also. :)

Frances_Penfold
4th July 2007, 03:55 AM
Thanks much for doing this-- the amount of info summarized in different threads and interviews was starting to hurt my head :)

Overall, I think just about all of this great. Major leap forward, not only for Wipeout but more generally for arcadey racing games and portable gaming 8)

I do have one question and one comment.

1. Is there any information about ONLINE features related to Time Trial modes, for example, leaderboards or ghost sharing?

2. I'm curious about the exclusion of replay modes, at least for Time Trial mode. IMO replays would bolster TT competition because it makes proof'ing more straightforward.

Dogg Thang
4th July 2007, 05:56 AM
I can't help notice Tigron is missing from the list. I got to love their banners in Pure. Any word on Tigron returning?

Sausehuhn
4th July 2007, 10:26 AM
Music Tracklist (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=166232)

track plans (no names) (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showpost.php?p=64350&postcount=81)

additional info (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showpost.php?p=64316&postcount=72)

another Trackname and 1st look at website (http://meristation.com/EPORTAL_IMGS/GENERAL/articulos/Junio2007-WipeOutPulsetechnoyaltavelocidad/IMG2-cw466d9d49b62eb/Tony%20Buckley.JPG)

another shot of the website (http://meristation.com/EPORTAL_IMGS/GENERAL/articulos/Junio2007-WipeOutPulsetechnoyaltavelocidad/IMG2-cw466d9d49b00ec/DSCN0902.JPG)

Task
4th July 2007, 01:50 PM
Just like "Leech Beam" is likely a renamed "Energy Drain", I would bet that "Repulsor" is a renamed "Reflector". "Minigun" was a cheat weapon in WOXL, so that one could be returning as well.

tapioca
4th July 2007, 03:16 PM
These are the track names i can remember from the press demo i had the chance to see for a few (i checked the records tables and found this…). Rob i hope this is not confidential. Please tell me if it's the case. (BTW, nothing "download"-related)

these 5 are included on the disc (check El Habib's page or IGN for pictures)
Arc Prime / De Konstruct / Metropia / Talon's Junction / Moa Therma

and then, in no particular order :
Basilico
Vertika
Tech de Ra (that one made me laugh but i think that's because i'm french)
The Amphiseum
Outpost 7 (or 9, not sure about it)
Platinum Rush
sorry for the 12th track, my memory isn't that good or it wasn't mentionned

Can someone confirm this ?

I can't wait until September, the game felt really fantastic (but highly responsive controls at first, although i didn't try the Triakis).
Viva Studio Liverpool ! Looks like you did a great job again…

G'Kyl
4th July 2007, 05:49 PM
"Minigun" was a cheat weapon in WOXL, so that one could be returning as well.

*smart ass* As a matter of fact, the minigun appeared in WO64 as a regular weapon as well. *smart ass*
;)

I have to agree, the new weapons sound like a return of what's been done before. But then, what could you possibly come up with that has never been used before? :) I never liked miniguns in thissort of games, by the way. It will probably replace my previous favourite for absorption - the disruptor bolt. *g*

Ben

The Gracer
4th July 2007, 09:22 PM
1. Is there any information about ONLINE features related to Time Trial modes, for example, leaderboards or ghost sharing?

2. I'm curious about the exclusion of replay modes, at least for Time Trial mode. IMO replays would bolster TT competition because it makes proof'ing more straightforward.

1)AFAIK, there will be an online leaderboard that you can upload to. im a bit shaky on details, so i didnt add it - i wanted everything in the post to be as concrete as i could.

2)As for replays, a ghost would be fine for proofing - but only for lap times, not race times in its current form, and we havent really had need for proofing here by the look of things, everyone is pretty honest about their times. I know i have to be - people would be very suspect if i started posting awesome times :D

Task, the minigun returns as the Proton Cannon. It was described as about 30 miniature Plasma's being fired out of the front of your ship by IGN if i remember correctly. Sounds destructive.

As for the tracks, i wont add them until they have been confirmed. :)

RJ O'Connell
4th July 2007, 11:43 PM
In Fusion the only benefits were about 1 point of shield energy drain and a few consecutive hits would slow the target craft down. IF you could aim it properly.

Maybe the power was boosted, but I don't see the Proton Cannon in Pulse being 30 rounds of plasma. X_X

Dr. Angryman
13th July 2007, 05:21 PM
I think the mini-gun would be awesome if they work it out correctly. It has to be more damaging than in Fusion, yet not as damaging as thirty rounds of Plasma. :o

I also heard that IGN had trouble seeing the circuit when firing the mini-gun. It's no use destroying people if you hit a wall in turn. :naughty

Dogg Thang
13th July 2007, 05:36 PM
That could well be deliberate so that people consider the consequences of using it. It would require more thought and strategy.

G'Kyl
13th July 2007, 07:18 PM
I mostly absorbed the minigun. It does too little damage and causes a huge distraction from keeping your racing line. Plus, I never liked miniguns in this sort of games in the first place. ;)

Ben

Egg
13th July 2007, 08:37 PM
Are we still talking about the promo version? The one with the early effects?

Let's reserve judgment on the weapons - especially the cannon - until we're all playing the finished game ...

stin
13th July 2007, 09:01 PM
I mostly absorbed the minigun. It does too little damage and causes a huge distraction from keeping your racing line. Plus, I never liked miniguns in this sort of games in the first place. ;)

Ben

Imagine online play against asa?, I would say, might be ideal, just to annoy him;)

stevie:)

G'Kyl
14th July 2007, 02:07 PM
Are we still talking about the promo version? The one with the early effects?

We are. :) Then again, they hand out preview code so people can make up their mind about what they see...

Imagine online play against asa?, I would say, might be ideal, just to annoy him;)

Would be great if the cannon distracted others as much as it dazzles your own field of view. ;-)

Ben

phl0w
14th July 2007, 10:11 PM
What's "no replays" supposed to mean? I mean it's not as if there were replays in Pure. Or were there?? At least not in my version... ^^

And why "still" backquake? You couldn't fire weapons backwards in Pure, not unless you'd turn around, that is. But that's not what I understand under "fire backwards" anyway.

Really looking forward to playing Pulse. What I saw on screenshots looks promising (this fish-eye-HUD looks amazing), and according to those that played the preview, framerate is much more solid than in Pure. What I think will need time to get used to though is this blur effect when turbo-ing. Can't stand those effects in racing games. Here's hoping I'll change my mind when it's used in a W'O'' game...

zargz
15th July 2007, 12:04 AM
talking about the minigun.
one of the few things I liked with Fusion was the kind of a star wars laser that every ship has
didn't make a lot of damage but it did destabilize the enemy ships.
I really liked it coz it reminded me of StarWars http://www.geocities.com/zargz/leenden/lol.gif
if the minigun have a similar function (AND looks - http://www.geocities.com/zargz/leenden/star.gifWars laser) I Liiiiike!
Shoot, annoy, destabilize and boom your nemesis kisses the wall and you just Fly by! ~m(^__^)m~

Rapier Racer
15th July 2007, 02:25 PM
In Fusion the only benefits were about 1 point of shield energy drain and a few consecutive hits would slow the target craft down. IF you could aim it properly.Actually if you could aim it properly it had the ability to spin a ship 360 degrees or 180 depending on how fast it was moving especially if you used it when the ship being attacked was turning a corner, the AI did that to me countless times

I also heard that IGN had trouble seeing the circuit when firing the mini-gun. It's no use destroying people if you hit a wall in turn.Try using a quake at Phantom class.

Dogg Thang
15th July 2007, 07:01 PM
I've always dumped quakes on higher classes for that exact reason.

xdirex
19th July 2007, 11:18 PM
I love nothing better than to run a clean line at higher speed classes closely following the wake of a quake! Now THAT'S what Wipeout is about! :rock

RJ O'Connell
22nd July 2007, 03:44 PM
Try that in a Piranha in Pure, xdirex - now THAT's a challenge.

RRA: Yes, I know the proton cannon could spin your craft with enough hit. I'm just bringing up the pitiful damage it deals.

Also, to add to the thread: It's definitely unofficial information, but I thought I'd share this thread (http://wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3912) for the sake that it does follow the Pulse universe.

Rapier Racer
22nd July 2007, 04:36 PM
Yeah it's damage was pathetic, about as much the orbital laser in fact

G'Kyl
22nd July 2007, 08:08 PM
Try that in a Piranha in Pure, xdirex - now THAT's a challenge.

Did that in 2097 on a Qirex all the time. It's hard to pull off, but everytime you do the adrenalin kick lasts for days. :)

Ben

Sausehuhn
23rd July 2007, 11:24 AM
Exactly, Ben.

Oh my, you make me realize that I haven't played 2097 for so long now...

RJ O'Connell
28th July 2007, 11:21 PM
The Gracer: I know this has been discussed before but there are six confirmed track names: Moa Therma, Talon's Junction, Metropia, Anasazi, Arc Prime, and De Konstruct.

Just thought you could add that to the list.

The Gracer
29th July 2007, 12:07 AM
Ive added the tracks - i still need confirmation on the rest of the tracklist, however. Is this still classified info?

Dr. Angryman
29th July 2007, 09:52 PM
Probably.... I need more info to fill in the two months of my life without Pulse.

Argh. :brickwall

mclarensmps
1st August 2007, 03:05 PM
Well, if it's a gun that uses ammo, i'd rather use it strategically then let it all loose at once! Or does it fire everything in one go?

(this was in response to the post about ign saying the gun messes up the whole screen when firing)

swift killer
6th August 2007, 08:43 AM
i wanted xios and eg.r to return as seperate teams!

aint the photon cannon basically the same as the cheat weapon in 2097 except it doesnt last for ever + slows you down when firing.
also, could their be a possible link between talon's junction and talon's reach(2097)?
also, what happened to tigron, van uber, qirox and al vaskei? i like the design of the tigron but the van uber in pure was hideous!!! talk about admiral rear!

Dr. Angryman
7th August 2007, 01:20 AM
In the story line, Tigron and Van-uber went bankrupt, and they don't make ships anymore. Sorry! :cold

The Gracer
7th August 2007, 06:33 AM
Rob. Dont you dare tell me you wrote out my favourite team!! Ill.....ill......

SHAKE MY FIST AT YOU!!

*shakes fist*

(Van-Uber is my favourite team, btw - i like the way that ship flies, strangely enough)

infoxicated
7th August 2007, 08:11 AM
Tigron and Van Uber were one-off's for Pure - I don't expect to see them appear in Pulse.

You never know, though - stranger things have happened.

swift killer
7th August 2007, 10:02 AM
still got my fingers crossed for an all indian team, lol

they should call it on of the following
- talavaar; meaning sword
- i.am.ag; Indian Aerospace Mumbai Anti Gravity
- bharat virodhi gurutva; indian anti gravity
- sarvasaktimana;all powerfull
- ag.sainika; AG Warrior
- vayu gati; air speed
- pavitra para; divine wings
- suravira; champion
- pavitra dhara; divine blade
- ustara - razor
- varistha para - superior wings

Dr. Angryman
7th August 2007, 02:53 PM
Ustara is my favorite....

swift killer
7th August 2007, 03:17 PM
dont worry, im doing designs for each one :)

infoxicated
7th August 2007, 03:25 PM
And your posts are exactly what to do with Features and Changes in Pulse?

swift killer
7th August 2007, 03:30 PM
im hoping an indian team is featured in the game, if not in pulse, then hopefully in future games

infoxicated
7th August 2007, 03:32 PM
So you've said in another topic.

Keep on topic - last warning.

swift killer
7th August 2007, 03:43 PM
you could have a team/ship creator as a new feature, when you create a new ship you can put it on the network for other players to download into their games, forza motorsport 2 has a simular feature, the difference is microsoft expect you to pay money

benjahman
7th August 2007, 06:02 PM
OK angryman, good idea, I read an old interview today on WO Pulse changes and this few words still disturb me again and again : "Improved controls. The handling is smoother, the ships are more evenly balanced. We're confident that the control is the best and most accessible the series has seen to date."
I hope that "accessible" doesn't mean that SL changed the handlind to make it easier to casual players and awful to fan community players.

Don't want to talk before seeing the real game in my hands so I shut my mouth and wait and see...

RJ O'Connell
7th August 2007, 07:38 PM
I remember reading an old magazine interview (around LATE 2000) that said Wipeout Fusion was trying to include more accessible ship handling for novice players.

Most of us know how that turned out. X_X

However, looking at video footage I'd say the handling appears about the same as Pure.

infoxicated
7th August 2007, 07:48 PM
It's an evolution of Pure's handling, yet the extra floatiness and pitch control, coupled with the increased acceleration makes it hard to go back to Pure after playing Pulse. I think everyone here will approve - and those that don't would be searching for something to moan about anyway, so what can you do! ;)

Dr. Angryman
7th August 2007, 08:32 PM
I just hope the ship bounces when you exit a jump! :) I've always loved that in the earlier games!

Rapier Racer
7th August 2007, 08:53 PM
On Chenghou project the nose can bounce up so much after the drop that your looking straight at the tunnel roof :g

Medusa
7th August 2007, 08:57 PM
*sigh* Yes I've perfected "somersaults" on Chenghou project...I seriously need to learn how to pilot with a dpad before pulse because it will be far more necessary to use Pitch control in Pulse than Pure by the sounds of it!

Floaty = nose down desparately:p

benjahman
7th August 2007, 09:05 PM
It's an evolution of Pure's handling, yet the extra floatiness and pitch control, coupled with the increased acceleration makes it hard to go back to Pure after playing Pulse. I think everyone here will approve

May god hear you infoxicated... :nod

Dr. Angryman
7th August 2007, 09:21 PM
When I ment "bounce" I ment like in Wip3out, you know, where the ship bounces a couple of times after a jump.

swift killer
13th August 2007, 04:09 PM
have crazy bits like on spilskinanke in 2097, where you jump from peice of track to peice of track like on the last turn, but, you have to pitch your nose to land correctly, so you can have a jump into what looks like a wall but you have to pitch-up to land on the wall which is in actual fact the next part of the track, or do 180 turn in mid air with the thrust off and pitch the nose down.

am_auricom
9th October 2007, 08:39 PM
I am really angry and disappointed this new wipEout only by a thing.really seems to me a very good game but what bothers me is that auricom, one of the most traditional teams not in the final list of teams, if it is true, in an expansion will come but it is not the same.
-------------------------------------------------- --------------------------
Greetings from am_auricom

Tokai
9th October 2007, 09:24 PM
am_auricom, don't be worried. I think that Auricom team will be added as "extra" in the future expansion packs that are scheduled after the game release. It was so also for Pure ;)

Dr. Angryman
9th October 2007, 09:27 PM
Yeah, Auricom was, and still is, a integral WipEout team. But maybe their entry into the middle of the FX400 league has a purpose....

Rapier Racer
9th October 2007, 10:08 PM
To give them an excuse for not winning the championship :p :g

Lance
9th October 2007, 11:38 PM
^chuckles^ :D

stin
10th October 2007, 07:20 AM
*Horrified!, stroking Auricom`s ship with care, there there!...just ignore them ok?, they are evil the..(suddenly!, the oil starting to drip on me! meaning Auricom is crying)..oh!, it`s alright!. Don`t worry I will sort them out with Repulser! Auricom`s ship starts to go up and down couple of times.

stevie:p

Lance
10th October 2007, 06:25 PM
lol. Thanks, stevie. Both sensitive to Auricom's feelings and entertaining to me. :)

Stew2000
10th October 2007, 09:18 PM
It's a shame the official site doesn't have any images or info about Auricom.
Still... keeps us on the edge of our seats in eager anticipation :)

Anyway, What Pulse has alot to offer, it's definatly going to be a big hit when released in a few weeks or so.

Frances_Penfold
2nd December 2007, 10:25 PM
With more and more reviews being released, I thought there might be a bit more information out there, somewhere, for the following aspects of Pulse...

1. Does Wipeout Pulse feature the "Free Play" mode? I love lap time trials and this mode has become my favorite way to play Wipeout.

2. As I understand, each team now has a zone ship version. Are zone ships ever play-able outside of zone mode? I'm curious if there will be a low-shield, high-speed version of the vehicle for each team.

3. Do we have any more indication about how leaderboards will work?

The Gracer
3rd December 2007, 05:42 AM
Those are three very valid questions.

I am ASSUMING that the free play feature will return in the racebox mode, but there hasn't been any obvious word of it, as the average gamer wouldn't bother with it.

As for the other two questions, i wouldn't have a clue! I guess we will have to wait a week or so for some more answers. :)

G'Kyl
3rd December 2007, 05:47 AM
1. Does Wipeout Pulse feature the "Free Play" mode? I love lap time trials and this mode has become my favorite way to play Wipeout.

2. As I understand, each team now has a zone ship version. Are zone ships ever play-able outside of zone mode? I'm curious if there will be a low-shield, high-speed version of the vehicle for each team.

3. Do we have any more indication about how leaderboards will work?

1. Nope, unfortunately, there is no free play as such. Speed Lap is what you got now and it works the same, but lasts only for a fixed seven laps.

2. Nope, no Zone ship as well. ;) Which is to say: You race with one of your regular craft in Zone Mode. After collecting enough loyalty points for a certain ship (you do that by using it in any race) you unlock the skin which is otherwise used only when racing zone.

3. Rob does. I suppose. ;-)

Ben

Egg
3rd December 2007, 02:29 PM
No Zone ships?
That's odd. I seem to remember spending a helluva long time designing those. Must've dreamt it...

Sausehuhn
3rd December 2007, 02:53 PM
ehehe. That made me laugh :D

Frances_Penfold
3rd December 2007, 04:44 PM
Thanks for the information, G'Kyl :D

So-- based on your and Egg's responses, am I correct that there are Zone ship but that they are simply a cosmetically-modified version of each of the different team's normal ships? And that they drive similarly or identical to the primary ship for each team?

I'm a bit disappointed to hear the Speed Lap mode lasts for only seven laps but am hopeful it's an approach that, when experienced, will feel natural and work well... guess we'll find out soon!

Rapier Racer
3rd December 2007, 05:05 PM
I was under the impression there was one Zone ship with a skin/paintjob for each team available to slap on it.

Frances_Penfold
3rd December 2007, 06:03 PM
Ok, now I am confused! :eek

borell
3rd December 2007, 08:03 PM
I think what is meant is that the 3d-model used for the zone ship is always the same, but different skins/textures are used for the model depending on which team one chooses for a race.

Frances_Penfold
4th December 2007, 08:49 PM
Ok, thanks guys. :)

So to re-cap...

There IS a single Zone ship but it is skinned differently depending on the team you are racing as.

The Zone ship is used for Zone mode but it is NOT useable in other game modes, for example, time trials or regular racing.

Is that it?

borell
4th December 2007, 09:15 PM
Hi Frances,

my guess on this topic agrees with your re-cap. Soon we will find out.

Cheers. :beer

G'Kyl
5th December 2007, 05:39 AM
Judging from the review, not the retail version there is just one zone ship model - with a different skin for each team. However, in zone mode the ships from different teams fly as differently as they fly in any other race mode. Plus, you can unlock every zone model/skin for use in regular race modes. That may clear things up. ;)

Ben

DawnFireDragoon
5th December 2007, 05:19 PM
hey, wasn't sure where to put this, but features and changes seems right. i was watching the most recent you tube video's of pulse, and while it looks amazing, it seems to use terrible electronic effect voice overs for the 3..2..1, weapon announcements and position announcements after a race...does anyone know if these are in the final version...because it's sadly not just slightly annoying, but very off putting, compared with pure's nice voice.

Hellfire_WZ
5th December 2007, 08:13 PM
I imagine they would be. I really like the effect on the voice, that'll probably be down to personal opinion I guess

Sausehuhn
5th December 2007, 08:55 PM
I don't hate that electronic voices, but yes, I would prefer pure voices, too.
I liked Fusion's female voice very much. Would have liked to see something similiar in Pulse. And yes, I raise my hand up for female voice only ;)

Rapier Racer
5th December 2007, 09:27 PM
Female voices all fine and well until the part where there is a need to say "Contender Eliminated" Like the Wipeout 3 lady, too damn soft :naughty

BARTgai
5th December 2007, 10:42 PM
but the voice in wip3out had some weird accent. i dont mind the female voices at all. they are way better than the cabal voice in the track intro :g

Lion
6th December 2007, 02:46 AM
If there must be a male electronic voice, I would definitely rather it sound like the 1970s cylons

By your command

Chill
7th December 2007, 06:31 AM
If it was up to me, the electronic voices would sound more like female porn stars with slight electronic changes... :p

Sausehuhn
7th December 2007, 07:06 AM
Aaahahahaha LOL!

...but...erm...yes why not ;D

Lance
7th December 2007, 03:03 PM
I'm with Lion on this one, Cylon voices.

swift killer
7th December 2007, 04:22 PM
How about the same female voice from pure, but with different accents depending on what team your piloting?

Dr. Angryman
8th December 2007, 12:14 AM
Auricom = Southern accent (Howdy y'all!)
Icaras = British (Oi mate!)
Qirex = Russian (Ve have our vays of vinning....)
Pirhana = Portuguese (Que?)
EG.X = Chinese/Finnish (I don't how to do this one. :dizzy )

Sorry for anyone offended by my poorly thought up stereotypes! :paperbag

BARTgai
8th December 2007, 03:40 AM
Lol nice :p

What about Feisar?

Frances_Penfold
8th December 2007, 04:26 AM
^^
Maybe the Feisar announcer should sound like the sidekick from the Dangermouse cartoons? ;)

Lion
8th December 2007, 08:18 AM
gosh, I wonder why you'd suggest that one? ;)

there's lots of different accents around the eu, use a different one for each thing that needs a voice to suit feisar's multinationality :)

The Gracer
8th December 2007, 11:41 PM
Microsoft Bob. The one announcer to rule them all.

BARTgai
9th December 2007, 04:29 AM
three letters, L O L

DjManiac21
12th December 2007, 11:30 AM
I've been playing some Zone events and it's so cool to actually see the speed class you are racing.
It starts on Sub-Venom and goes up to Phantom, then Super-Phantom, and then Zen. 8)

It's a great addition.

Also, racing any track in Zone mode is superb!

tapioca
12th December 2007, 11:53 AM
I found some hints on tracks to come in the download packs on wipeout-game.com.
4 unknown names can be seen the rankings tables on the homepage :
- Vostok Reef
- Gemini Dam
- Edgewinter
- Orcus

Talon's Junction, and now Vostok Reef ?

BARTgai
14th December 2007, 01:28 AM
i sense a rebirth of old tracks, or just the fact that they ran out of names and started changing around older ones :g

or maybe there is a good reason

zargz
14th December 2007, 04:36 AM
might be the same location 8)

btw wasn't modesto heights a track from fusion?
or was it florion heights?
didn't play fusion too much but the name sounded familiar .. :?

G'Kyl
14th December 2007, 05:01 AM
Modesto was Pure and Florion was Fusion. :)

Sausehuhn
14th December 2007, 04:37 PM
[Not in context]

Wait and see what you get with 25000 points :)

Dogg Thang
14th December 2007, 07:38 PM
Oh you tease! That's my goal for the weekend sorted.

Mobius
17th December 2007, 06:26 PM
Ooh, thats erm, about 30 games of eliminator... (half way there already :D)

phl0w
17th December 2007, 06:30 PM
Wait and see what you get when you reach 60,000 points :nod
(so much for the grinding that was negatively mentioned in that review the other day. Proves they didn't play the game long enough for the review to be accurate.)

Dogg Thang
17th December 2007, 06:39 PM
60,000? Yikes, that's a lot of play. I unlocked the 25000 Goteki but I think I'd like to start unlocking the other ships. Any way you can put what you get at 60000 in spoiler tags or something? Or just PM me? Just to see what I'd get if I just continued with Goteki.

Neverdown
17th December 2007, 07:19 PM
Man, I just reached the 4000 points. Going for 8000. How do you guys get points so fast?

Hail Seizure
17th December 2007, 07:43 PM
Zone Mode is your friend. ;)

Neverdown
17th December 2007, 07:44 PM
I can get like 800 pts per time on Zone mode, is that the way to go?

Hail Seizure
17th December 2007, 08:05 PM
You're getting there :)
I can get just over 1000 now by concentrating on getting perfect laps in the early zones.

phl0w
17th December 2007, 08:07 PM
Just concentrate on Perfect Laps and Perfect Zones, not score, which means avoid Boosts and you should gather points like crazy. Also, before making too many mistakes on super-phantom or zen, end the session and start anew, the bonus system works in sub-venom speeds too, you know. Oh and race Moa Therma, it's the easiest ^^
Other than that, I just advanced through the grid, and didn't necessarily play a lot of Zone. I think completing all Grids with all Golds should net you approx. 100.000 which is the maximum.

Mobius
18th December 2007, 03:11 PM
AHA, 25000 points, Ohh, thats...erm...Rather Intreing indeed. *keeps secret*

Rapier Racer
18th December 2007, 09:26 PM
I just like add that I really appreciate the return of a feature small as it may be, the ability to pause before a race and pick the song you want. :+

ZenDJiNN
18th December 2007, 10:23 PM
That would be a really great feature. It wasn't in Pure though. Was it in Fusion perhaps?

Roz
18th December 2007, 10:28 PM
It's in Pulse, so, who cares? ;D

Sausehuhn
19th December 2007, 03:42 PM
You can even select the music before the race has loaded by pressing the square-button in the race selection :)

ZenDJiNN
19th December 2007, 04:30 PM
LOL!! I've only just found that!! DUH!!! :g

Rapier Racer
19th December 2007, 06:28 PM
Yeah I usually don't remember until the race is loaded max lol, I let the game pick randomly most of the time.

WindyMan
24th December 2007, 02:22 AM
Other than that, I just advanced through the grid, and didn't necessarily play a lot of Zone. I think completing all Grids with all Golds should net you approx. 100.000 which is the maximum.

All grids and all golds on Hard AI. I just completed Phantom Grid 3 and got all golds on hard difficulty on the way there and maxed out my loyalty score at 100k. There isn't a super special reward for doing it, but I will say that you don't need to bother getting loyalty points for the other teams...