PDA

View Full Version : And now for something completely off-topic...

Vasudeva
17th June 2002, 06:28 PM
BELGIUM SHOULD HAVE BLOODY WON AGAINST BRAZIL!

For once, our national team played marvellously. And then lost.

Ouch.

Peace,
V.

Lance
17th June 2002, 08:17 PM
i didn't see that one, but my sympathies. i did see ireland go down to defeet. sigh

but u.s. and england are still there. yay

infoxicated
17th June 2002, 10:39 PM
Yeah - I'm dead pleased that the US of A got through - I was totally mocked for saying I thought they'd do well a few weeks ago. I argued that the new league set up in the 'states meant the players would be of a much higher caliber than before, and I've been proved right! :)

Belgium were so unlucky - yet again, the "best referees in the world" chalk off a goal for no apparent reason - that early opener which was disallowed may have made for a different outcome.

I hate that big cheat Rivaldo - really annoys me how he cheated, got someone sent off and was only fined about a days pay for him. He should have been expelled from the tournament - if he was guilty enough to be fined, he was guilty of bringing the game into disrepute in its showcase tournament. </rant>

zargz
18th June 2002, 03:08 AM
hey the same goes 4sweden!! we had the mach then senegal got a shity goal .. :-?

what rivaldo did was **** I agree but u wanna start giving red card AFTER the maches .. I dont thInk soo ..
I'm happy 4the us too coz with succsess comes interest!
anyway I heard they got 20millions kicking the football over the pond and still this 'weak'?
thats why its good they did it 2the quarters - now they might get a TRADITION ..
give the yankees 10 years they'll b as good as on this side! 8)

Vasudeva
18th June 2002, 08:44 AM
Yes, USA have really surprised the world I think. Winning against Portugal is not that easy, and neither was defeating Mexico. My congrats!

Oh, I don't dislike Rivaldo. He really is one of the best football players in the world - only a master like him could have scored a goal like that - but I agree that his childish trickery was totally unnecessary.

About the refs: well, I have no idea why they had a Jamaican referee, and guys from the Maledives and Belorussia to assist him. I mean, where do they get these types? I wonder if an isle from the Maledives is large enough to contain a football stadium :D. Oh well. They'll be nice people, I'm sure of it 8).

Peace,
V.