PDA

View Full Version : 2007-06-30: Do not post images from Pulse preview code obtained via torrent

infoxicated
30th June 2007, 10:24 PM
Yes, we know it's out there. Yes, you're smart ****er for running a custom OS and playing a version of the game from mid-May with unbalanced AI, non-final weapons effects, and 80% of the game missing, but just go enjoy yourself and don't go posting any screen grabs on this site.

Don't care how long you've been a member or how good your intentions are. If you are posting images you've obtained from having a rip of the preview code then you're putting this site at risk and as such I have very little patience for you. You will be banned, simple as that.

From this point onward, any topics that sway towards discussion of custom firmwares, playing rips of games with a custom firmware, or anything else that promotes piracy, will be locked or deleted. Maybe both.

This is a WipEout fan site that enjoys a close relationship with the development team. If you cant see how doing the above might jeopardize that relationship then you really are in a whole world of denial.

Also, if you're thinking of acting all high and mighty like The Uncreated and disrespecting the moderators for trying to enforce the above rules in order to protect the site, you'll be banned too. In fact, you wont really be welcome back.

RJ O'Connell
1st July 2007, 04:15 AM
Blunt, as I'd expect, but very well said.

What I'm wondering is what ass-clown would have leaked the code to begin with, since it only goes out to members of the EU press, if I recall. :?

mdhay
1st July 2007, 11:14 AM
I think that you are absolutely right. If some messed-up, half witted person thinks it is okay to do that and get banned obviously don't know or don't care, about the rules that the rest of us follow. I'm with you 100% on this.

Rapier Racer
1st July 2007, 11:44 AM
Thats exactly what I was wondering what tit put the code online in first place you know it's possible they might not send out preview disks if this happens, surly that means a lot less in the way of screens and such for us, poor show whoever put it up needs shot.

Sausehuhn
1st July 2007, 01:07 PM
I fully agree with the things you say about piracy, Rob, but to be honest, not about the custom-firmware stuff.
I have a custom OS on my PSP, too. And I don't feel sorry for that. I do not play any piracy on it and I'm just enjoying it's advantages such as the 4th light-level enabled all the time or having my PSP's picture on my PC or to play homebrew games that have nothing to do with commercial stuff and piracy.

I see your point, Rob, but I would not lump together all custom firmware users (I don't want to be rude here, don't get me wrong).
I for myself do not want to miss my WO3:SE on the run and as long as Sony does not give us the option to do it official (buy it somewhere in the PSX-format) I will use my original CD and make an iso out of it.
Not to mention that the custom OS gives us the option to downgrade again so these WO:P-multiplayer issues that appear above firmware 3.-what-do-I-know-which-version-it-exactly-is can at least be solved for the time till Pulse comes out (which probably will require a higher firmware).

Mad-Ice
1st July 2007, 01:12 PM
These are exciting times for all of us! And especially for you Rob. I hope no one will jeopardize this site, this amazing community which indeed has a close relationship with the developers of our most loved game. I agree totally with you and I hope everyone understands what this communty is all about. I say: Be true to yourself and above all be true to your most beloved game ever!!!!

Sable
11th July 2007, 02:01 AM
I too run a custom firmware. I only use it to take screenshots of wipeout concept art to use as wallpaper and change the appearance of the main menu.
If someone shoots someone else with a gun do you blame the gun manufacturer? Piracy IS wrong but why hurt the rest of us?

infoxicated
11th July 2007, 08:38 AM
I too run a custom firmware. I only use it to take screenshots of wipeout concept art to use as wallpaper and change the appearance of the main menu.
If someone shoots someone else with a gun do you blame the gun manufacturer? Piracy IS wrong but why hurt the rest of us?
That's not even an accurate analogy, but, by extension of it, the person should never have been sold the gun in the first place because it was illegal to sell the gun.

This is not a Warez site, nor is it a homebrew site or a custom firmware site or anything other than a Wipeout site with some general discussion tacked on. Anything else is pretty much outwith the boundaries of why this site exists, and some of the above gets into territory that might cause this site not to exist.

You can use your gun at a gun club, at a range, or while you're just sitting around, reading "Guns and Ammo", masturbating in your own feces, but you shouldn't bring your gun to a hospital, start flashing it around and expect it to be welcome.

Sable
11th July 2007, 10:28 AM
Rofl!

q_dmc12
13th July 2007, 01:37 AM
Not to deviate from the main point but, that belongs in the quotes thread. :p

classic :+

mdhay
15th July 2007, 07:28 AM
QUOTE: That's not even an accurate analogy, but, by extension of it, the person should never have been sold the gun in the first place because it was illegal to sell the gun. [goes for miles]..........
Any one who disagrees is a dead man :g
<<does the worms intro fmv, then falls over.>>

phl0w
15th July 2007, 10:29 AM
you're just sitting around, reading "Guns and Ammo", masturbating in your own feces

Isn't that a quote from "Se7en"?

infoxicated
16th July 2007, 07:51 PM
Yes it is - that's why that part is in italics!

Most over rated movie in the history of film, but I like the quote and I thought I'd work it in.

RJ O'Connell
27th July 2007, 11:22 PM
(Se7en is the) most over rated movie in the history of film...
I'll see your "Se7en" and raise you a "Napoleon Dynamite."

Meanwhile, thought I'd say this too and bring my total to four cents and say this.

It's a preview code. Essentially, it's just like those short demos you used to get with your old PS1 systems.

It's fun for awhile, but with the limitations, it just gets dull and you want more. I feel sad for you (and we know who "you" is referring to) if the five tracks and bad AI is enough to sustain you for three months.

Dr. Angryman
27th July 2007, 11:43 PM
Yes, the promo, if I did download it, wouldn't even sustain me for a week.

mdhay
28th July 2007, 08:02 AM
Speaking along the line of demos and such, I have many demos on my ps3, and I can't buy the ones that are like the original W"O'. But the demos of blast factor, locoroco(psp), super rub~a~dub, will sustain me for years :)

Mark Of Insanity
28th July 2007, 01:52 PM
I used to breathe and live by the Dark Forces 2: Jedi Knight demo (until I bought it), but I think that I would die having to wait so long for Pulse after having a brief taster. It's easier just to get it all when it comes out!

infoxicated
28th July 2007, 02:13 PM
Enough off topic bollocks already - might as well let the spam bots run riot with the way this has gone.