PDA

View Full Version : Pulse preview on IGN

infoxicated
29th June 2007, 01:14 PM
http://au.psp.ign.com/articles/800/800231p1.html

Asayyeah
29th June 2007, 01:29 PM
Awesome comments , and it's only a preview... , can't imagine how the whole game will be : best game ever on the psp?

RJ O'Connell
29th June 2007, 01:39 PM
Asa: The hype would certainly warrant it. I can't wait....*shakes uncontrollably with glee* :D

Frances_Penfold
29th June 2007, 01:58 PM
Wow, awesome :)

Lots to look forward to here.

Dogg Thang
29th June 2007, 02:54 PM
Zone mode looks very cool. When I first saw the pic, though, I thought it was more classic tracks! I like that zone will use the main tracks (yeah, okay, got to give Fusion some credit here!). I adore that last pic with the Auricom arch. The colours are superb.

Considering we have to wait until September, I think I may be a little too hyped about this.

stin
29th June 2007, 04:32 PM
That is a good feedback for Pulse and I`m looking forward to it.

stevie:)

Dogg Thang
29th June 2007, 05:19 PM
Their point about the height is interesting. Are they right? I seem to remember both Sebenco tracks in Pure having quite a contrast in heights. Overall, I guess some sense of the climbs and drops have been lost. I wonder if some of that is down to the newer mechanics - the classic tracks in Pure seemed to lose height too. I'm wondering, is that more a ship size and camera position thing?

The Uncreated
29th June 2007, 05:37 PM
If anything there's far more height contrast in Pulse, thanks mainly to the magstrip sections that not only provide virtual upside-down loops but mogul-like undulations on straight sections of track. The game takes liberal advantage of this. There are plenty of sections that have visible canyon calibre views beneath their sweeping inclines and declines.

Uncreated

Mad-Ice
29th June 2007, 08:38 PM
I am just so happy and flying high in the sky. Earth calling Mad-Ice!!!!

q_dmc12
30th June 2007, 04:23 AM
This is major Tom to ground control, planet earth is blue and there's nothing I can do

Chill
4th July 2007, 04:54 AM
Wow, I just learnt everything about Pulse just now!!! Custom track design, custom livery mode, and all those pictures has made me go insane again as I did back during the wait for Pure. Wipeout is the thing that makes me feel like a little child waiting for Christmas again!!! I just hope I'll finally have a link system by then for playing online with you guys sometime finally!!! I feel I'm going MAD!!!!!! :p

Roz
4th July 2007, 04:10 PM
Whoa, just read this and boy did it feed my hype.

1- Racing campaign. Brilliant decision Studio Liverpool, it should keep things ALOT more interesting. Goodbye linearity! Can't wait to test this mode out. One question though: if we want to play Single Race, Tournament or Zone just for the heck of it, is it required we enter Campaign to select any of them or are they also separated into different modes like Pure?

2- Plasma Bolt machine gun? I really didn't like that in Fusion because in order to hit someone that's not directly in front of you, one has to change it's trajectory, pretty crucial in higher classes like Phantom (if, of course, the computer is challenging enough). The damage done is not nearly enough to compensate the loss of our trajectory and time I think. Maybe if it does a little more damage? Still, it's better than the Disruptor. At least it wont be absorbed as much ;P

3- As for the height thing, good point. Pure reeks with awesomeness, but now that I think of it, the tracks didn't have dramatic height changes like other WOs. Not that it's required, but it's just so cool.

4- Is the real difference between Time Trial and Speed Lap just the number of laps? If so, why not create a Time Trial mode with an option to choose something like "Speed Lap Attack" or "Total Time Attack". Same thing I guess, but eliminates the redundancy in having two same modes with only one difference. Maybe we could even choose how many laps we wanted in our Time trial.

[/bitchin']

Can't wait for the game ^_^

G'Kyl
4th July 2007, 05:58 PM
One question though: if we want to play Single Race, Tournament or Zone just for the heck of it, is it required we enter Campaign to select any of them or are they also separated into different modes like Pure?

You can play any kind of game any time you like. You can even put up your own tournament consisting of exactly the races you want to fly, save it, and share it online.

2- Plasma Bolt machine gun? [and what follows]

Agreed!

4- Is the real difference between Time Trial and Speed Lap just the number of laps?

Nope. :) Time Trial is the same as ever and in Speed Lap your best out of ten laps counts.

Ben