PDA

View Full Version : Hard task!

stin
23rd June 2007, 06:27 PM
This game is probably the hardest than the rest of the Wipeout series and I do love every bit of this game.

It took me ages to play this game but mostly thanxs to Task, Medusa and Lunar to make this original wipeout alive and I`m actually hooked at it!

Now, I have a link just for you but still not finished just yet!;)

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa102/stindah/originalwipeout-1.jpg

Mind this is a 42" TV ;)

stevie:)

Asayyeah
23rd June 2007, 07:06 PM
Rapier unlocked , where the great pleasure is :)

Congrats Stevie and i agree with you, this is a true great game

RJ O'Connell
23rd June 2007, 09:23 PM
Where's my mention for reviving the F3600 fever? [/whine]

I personally think this is the most rewarding challenge in any WipEout installment. No insane shortcuts, no grinds, no Piranha or Triakis supership. It's a more level playing field, a better test of pure skill. You can actually set your best time at a track in a FEISAR, for crying out loud!

And to me, Altima VII blows away any beginner track in the series. Take that, Talon's Reach! ;)

Welcome to the first, the best, the original...WipE'out".

Task
24th June 2007, 02:28 AM
I'm very glad you're enjoying it stin!

It most definitely is the original, the best. After I "beat" WOXL and WO3, I wanted a WO that was more of a technical challenge just to _complete_, and then I found and fell in love with WO1. The game where each ship (likely with the exception of Auricom, but that has yet to be proven!) has a track that it really shines on.

We won't be seeing the likes of a game this difficult again, I'm afraid. Market forces have demanded it! 8 P

Now you've got Rapier and Mars to look forward to...

Remember: Rapier, Silverstream, FEISAR!

RJ O'Connell
24th June 2007, 02:30 AM
Hey, an Auricom holds the Rapier records at Altima VII.

You'll never guess who owns those records. ;)

stin
24th June 2007, 08:19 AM
Well, good news is I`m getting NTSC pretty soon, possibly next week and I did bought step down converter through ebay and a friend who bought it for me and will be shipped to me from USA. Now, hopefully I`m trying to complete on Rapier level but yes Silverstream is a killer! (I will try Feiser ;) but that ship is pretty nifty!) so, once I will adapt the last two tracks then hopefully completed it.

Lastly what do you think of Korodera?, I thought it`s a great track!

Seriously, I thought Auricom is feels like Qirex in standard terms?

I did update my records on Pal version last week but there is more new records and I have not updated it yet till I will complete on Rapier level.

Mad-Ice
24th June 2007, 08:35 AM
Congratulations Stevie, onto Rapier now! Good luck but don't over do it. Take care mate!

lunar
24th June 2007, 09:01 AM
Keep going Stevie - I don`t know how you play with your TV on widescreen though :o I cannot judge my racing line on widescreen, so I have to change mine to 4:3 or I keep hitting the walls. This is such a great game - I have even considered changing my avatar to an F3600 Auricom logo.

Task
24th June 2007, 02:33 PM
Lastly what do you think of Korodera?, I thought it`s a great track!Bloody brilliant is what that track is! A total technical killer, not because of corners or anything, but just because of the nature of the track surface! Korodera taught me nose control, and I remain ever thankful to it! It starts with "nose down over the jump so the wuss wagon doesn't get you!" and you end up adjusting altitude on nearly every section of the track and taking 10 seconds off your lap time. We had a Korodera challenge many years back, I think it was a small part of a much larger challenge. Do a search for Korodera and you'll likely find it. 8 )

Seriously, I thought Auricom is feels like Qirex in standard terms?Exactly. It handles just like a Qirex, but it's not quite as fast. I maintain that if you can handle an Auricom, you can handle a Qirex, and the faster speed should give you a better time.
RJOC is proving adept at teaching me things about WO that I didn't realize before though, so I'm hopeful we'll see the true purpose of the Auricom some day!

RJ O'Connell
24th June 2007, 03:02 PM
The Auri doesn't handle exactly like a Qirex. I've noticed that it has a better turning radius, but actually feels slipperier to corner (whereas the Qirex has the worst turning but grips more.)

I really have to bust out a videocamera and record a TT session...

Medusa
24th June 2007, 07:16 PM
Good job stin! Yeah, this wipeout is a really hard bugger compared to the others! Thanks for the screenshot, I was just wondering the other day what the different unlocking screens said (not just for WipEout, but WO3 as well - I forget...).

Personally I hate Korodera at venom speed. I am bored to tears by the end of the second lap and falling asleep by the third! I need to go back over Rapier again - as Arnaud is aptly showing with his times in the tables:naughty Who has time for all these pretty wipeouts?:p

q_dmc12
25th June 2007, 01:28 AM
nice tv Stevie!:o

RJ O'Connell
25th June 2007, 01:37 AM
But a 42 inch TV a great pilot does not make.

Though, Steven is easily in my book one of the top-tier pilots alive. (I could be considered an upper-mid tier pilot, though not using the Piranha in XL with a D-Pad!)

stin
25th June 2007, 10:42 AM
Personally I hate Korodera at venom speed. I am bored to tears by the end of the second lap and falling asleep by the third! I need to go back over Rapier again - as Arnaud is aptly showing with his times in the tables:naughty Who has time for all these pretty wipeouts?:p

Yes I know, cos Arnaud and me had alot of talking through MSN and he is still playing alot of Original Wipeout NTSC but not Pal just yet!

Don`t worry I will take a picture on 42" tv pretty soon. ;)

stin
25th June 2007, 12:24 PM
Finally!, I have completed Original Wipeout and I`m very pleased to say I have proof which I did completed all wipeouts for the first time!

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa102/stindah/originalwipeout2007.jpg

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa102/stindah/originalwipeout20072.jpg

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa102/stindah/originalwipeout20073.jpg

stevie :D

RJ O'Connell
25th June 2007, 01:01 PM
Wipeout II...it never surfaced.

Wipeout XL 2097 did. Aren't we glad? :D

Asayyeah
25th June 2007, 01:59 PM
Congrats Stevie :+
I will explain you later on msn, the Barell rolls tip for Korodera :D

Medusa
25th June 2007, 02:12 PM
A big hand for you stin!:clap

Thanks for the pics!

lunar
25th June 2007, 02:29 PM
congrats Stevie on completing it - I haven`t got there yet. Only unlocked everything not done the full championship. I want to beat it with Auricom though :blarg:banzai It`s hard not to drop points on some of the races - though a top 3 on Silverstream isn`t too bad to do in it.

Though, Steven is easily in my book one of the top-tier pilots alive.

Looking at the Wipeout 3/SE tables, and elsewhere (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?p=65488#post65488) we see that Stevie is indeed a dark horse. ;)

RJ O'Connell
25th June 2007, 04:35 PM
lunar: Well once I man up and score a wireless router you may be seeing my name among those Pure online surprises. :D

Good to see another complete game!

stin
25th June 2007, 08:11 PM
Cheers everybody! :D

But you all do surprises me! because you never completed the game yet!:brickwall

It was hard going but here comes NTSC Wipeout! ;)

stevie:g