PDA

View Full Version : Also Joining the Club!

The Gracer
22nd June 2007, 08:50 AM
Haha, i didnt want to jump in on Task's thread so i started a new one.

W00t!

Yes, i too have now got a PSP and pure...kind of.

It is a birthday gift from my girlfriend, and if you check my profile, my birthday isnt until August...so i have to wait. She just teased the **** out of me by playing it for a solid half hour, and replying with a solid 'NO" every time i asked for a go.

Cold, but im a very, very lucky boy to even see it - we wont go into details, but im not exactly in her best books at the moment.

In the meantime, ill begin to pursue modifying and configuring my computer setup for X-Link Kai - soon, ill have my first little taste of the worlds best wipers!!

In the meantime, Brook out.:hyper

Asayyeah
22nd June 2007, 11:04 AM
Enjoy it mate, psp + pure is a good package for having fun :+

Don't forget to give all attention & luv to your gf cause Pure is very addictive and she may be jealous of your future new precious baby ( btw what color? )

il_NIK
22nd June 2007, 01:34 PM
Techno black? White lady? Pretty Pink? or a very special Japan one?

Welcome aboard :+

Task
22nd June 2007, 02:43 PM
8 ) Excellent!

Now you be sure to go out and get her some flowers!

And as soon as your WO addiction has been sated, pick up a PSP game that she'll like. I've heard that Lumines is a lot of fun.

infoxicated
22nd June 2007, 02:48 PM
...we wont go into details, but im not exactly in her best books at the moment.
So... what did you do? :D

Medusa
22nd June 2007, 03:22 PM
LOL, infox always asks what the rest of us don't dare to!

Good to hear, Gracer! I finally got Pure this year too, once you're set up on Kai and I am too we can have a few races! (I'm assuming you have PAL version/will have)
I'm nowhere near ready to get whipped by the pros yet (only on "Enthusiast").

Mad-Ice
22nd June 2007, 05:10 PM
Superb Gracer! There is a real nice future close by! And it is in your own hands. Be wise and fun will be yours. Good luck and greetings Mad-Ice.

q_dmc12
23rd June 2007, 02:13 AM
I'm nowhere near ready to get whipped by the pros yet (only on "Enthusiast").

Good, then you can race the worst of the best - me.8):p

The Gracer
23rd June 2007, 03:35 AM
So... what did you do? :D

Lets just say an...err...old friend turned up, and she happened to...err...

Damnit Rob!

As for the colour, its a black one - i wanted a white one but we couldnt get the big pack with a white one. Oh well.

rdmx
23rd June 2007, 03:40 AM
You might find playing Kai with the euros a bit of a problem - if it's anything like mine, the ships won't appear, making the Kai concept useless :S It's an interactive time trial almost. :(

stin
23rd June 2007, 07:04 AM
Hopefully everything will be different when Pulse comes out. But you are not the only one who is having problems.

stevie:)

q_dmc12
23rd June 2007, 10:12 PM
You might find playing Kai with the euros a bit of a problem - if it's anything like mine, the ships won't appear, making the Kai concept useless :S It's an interactive time trial almost. :(

yes, but you are on the other side of the planet! America, Canada and Europe are practicly neighbors.:beer

rdmx
24th June 2007, 02:53 AM
Ahem dmc, The Gracer is from New Zealand :D

The Gracer
24th June 2007, 10:04 PM
haha insertcoin, thanks for noticing :D

I managed to sneak the PSP away for a weekend. Pure is very different isnt it? I like the Auricom (WTF) and found the Triakis...well...brick like.

So far, zone mode is stumping me, i cant beat level 28 on Pro Tozo so i have a little bit of practise to do. Only one perfect lap so far, but i managed to completely ace the first acension tourney i did in the Auricom (Venom class - vector is for wimps (but then again, so is anything below phantom))

How the hell do you turbo start!?? (edit: found this by COMPLETE accident - i was paying attention to the nascar and forgot about the race...i heard the go and was like **** **** **** and hit the button...hahah...gave me a fright at first but then i realised what had happened. :D)

The Uncreated
24th June 2007, 10:34 PM
Turbo start: hit the throttle immediately after the announcer says "go."

Uncreated

Task
25th June 2007, 01:23 AM
Pure is very different isnt it? I like the Auricom (WTF) and found the Triakis...well...brick like.Yeah, don't worry about the Triakis until you're really upset at the limitations of other craft, then you can appreciate it. I'm currently using the Tigron (and VanUber a bit) 'cause they're new for me.

So far, zone mode is stumping me, i cant beat level 28 on Pro Tozo so i have a little bit of practise to do. Only one perfect lap so far, but i managed to completely ace the first acension tourney i did in the Auricom (Venom class - vector is for wimps (but then again, so is anything below phantom))Vector's good for getting cheap gold medals, you can pretty much get a gold every 3 minutes for as long as you feel like hitting "next race". As for Zone, how many tries at Pro Tozo have you gone? I think I got zone 10, 15, 20, 23, then 25, or something like that, it just took a bit of track practice and getting used to the Pure Zone. If you've given it a couple goes in a row and you're still not getting it, go play some SR and come back to Zone the day after.

How the hell do you turbo start!?? (edit: found this by COMPLETE accident - i was paying attention to the nascar and forgot about the race...i heard the go and was like **** **** **** and hit the button...hahah...gave me a fright at first but then i realised what had happened. :D)Bwah-ha-ha-ha! I think that's the best laugh I've had today! I'd say that story's good enough for the "best pure experience" thread!

The Gracer
25th June 2007, 03:18 AM
i got to zone 28 on my first go. i want to beat zone 30 - if you beat zone 30 on all the zone circuits you get the zone craft for other modes dont you? something like that anyway. Its very difficult - after about zone 25 i find it difficult to react fast enough! ahaha.

I havent had a chance to download all the packs yet. I really, really REALLY want to, though.

q_dmc12
25th June 2007, 03:41 AM
you get the millenium falcon

Task
25th June 2007, 01:15 PM
It's not that you have to beat zone 30, you have to get gold on all the tracks. That means _reaching_ zone 25 for the first two and zone 30 for the last two. A fairly easy task.

q_dmc12
25th June 2007, 11:06 PM
I hope you are speaking for yourself there:pirate

The Gracer
26th June 2007, 11:00 PM
i hope so too!!!

Zone mode is hard..ive never been very good at them because i get uncomfortable, need to adjust my position and end up losing my rhythm..i cant beat coridon 12!!

Task
27th June 2007, 03:12 AM
Hey, if you got Zone 28 on your first go, then you can easily hit Zone 30. All it takes is the usual 3 ingredients: Patience, Practice, and Perseverance. It's called "Zone Mode" for a reason, you have to learn the track well enough that you don't have to think about it, you just get into the zone and fly it. Getting _past_ 30 is tough. Hitting 30? Put in the time and the concentration in a quiet place and you'll get there no problem.

Finding the correct position to play in IS critical though. You have to be able to sit still and just focus for at least a solid 15 minutes. Change where you sit, try lying down, use pillows to support you, do anything you can think of to find the proper position.

Ha, that reminds me of a challenge that was posted a while back "play wipeout while upside down!", I wanted to try it out but never quite got to it. That one was all about "how good a pilot are you when your favoured position is totally comprimised?". Quite a challenge.

The Gracer
27th June 2007, 11:23 PM
OH man, i got past Coridon by a zone, and beat Syncopia on zone 30. the announcer hadnt even completed saying 'ZONE 30' when i blew up, and for the final 3 zones my shield alarm was going nutso. Very, very intense.