PDA

View Full Version : W'O" records

element42
21st June 2007, 07:20 PM
Did a little racing this evening and wrote down all of my (old + 2 new) records to enter into the tables. Go to enter them... dammit! I have no idea what ships I used to get those times. Except that it was never a Qirex :p. Doesn't really matter I suppose as I only ever played it to finish it before; I'll have all those old times beaten before long...

:mr-t I pity the fool who doesn't keep meticulous WO1 notes...

Someone tell me that I've missed something obvious?

lunar
21st June 2007, 07:30 PM
I just keep a seperate save game for each ship - then there`s nothing to write down on paper. I make sure I load the correct game depending on which ship I intend to use :)

element42
22nd June 2007, 01:22 PM
yeah, that's a good plan... :brickwall

It's actually what I do with 2097 already. Too many teams in W30 though, would need more memory cards. (Thinking of which, I'd better get a new one to do some backing up...)

Asayyeah
23rd June 2007, 02:03 PM
same here for 2097, i created a save for each ship ( ermm actually i only did with Ag Sys about the 1st WipEout )

RJ O'Connell
18th August 2008, 06:08 AM
It'd be impossible for Wipeout 3. One NEEDS to play with every ship in order to get anywhere in the game. Unless you just use the cheat code trifecta (AVINIT / JAZZNAZ / WIZZPIG) like a lazy fellow.

But back to WipEout, I just focus on a track at a time, and mutter my times out loud whilst walking to the computer so I can remember them.

It's really awesome, this table didn't exist until late '06 and already it's got quite a lot of entries!!! :g

lunar
15th September 2008, 07:39 PM
:paperbag Difficult post!

This is just a message for Kieran Noble the Wipeout 1 player. Could you just confirm that you`re using a PAL original Playstation format disc and an unmodified Playstation console as wipeoutzone rules state, and if so give a walkthrough as these Venom records are bloody good if legit, and I would congratulate you on them in that case.

http://www.wipeoutzone.com/records.php?action=display_records&game_id=11&track_id=21&mode_id=2&type_id=1&limit=5&player_id=1948&filter=unique

http://www.wipeoutzone.com/records.php?game_id=11&mode_id=2&x=14&y=40&track_id=21&filter=unique&type_id=2&limit=5&action=display_records&sub_action=

http://www.wipeoutzone.com/records.php?game_id=11&mode_id=1&x=58&y=35&track_id=62&filter=unique&type_id=1&limit=5&action=display_records&sub_action=

I`m not saying they aren`t legitimate and it can`t be done, and I don`t like making posts like this, but if you could give some description of racing line and turbo position I`d appreciate it, particularly for the Altima lap times. Thanks.

JABBERJAW
16th September 2008, 12:14 AM
I'd like to see that as well. Lunar spent multiple days on that specific track(karbonis), and the lap time is two seconds faster. It might be good to show a video, because that time does not seem right. The other ones aren't completely off the map, but once again lunar spent muchos times on those.

lunar
16th September 2008, 01:52 PM
The Karbo lap is in SR, so could be done but might need up to three turbos. But I usually find SR laps are slower than TT no matter how you play, so I`m not sure about that. I don`t think that lap time could be done in TT.

His Altima times are a long way ahead of Enrique Lopez and me. Enrique`s Pal venom times are very tough to beat, just as tough as the ones on the NTSC tables. Enrique`s times are always consistent with mine, in that when he beats me I can see how he`s done it, and if I try to beat him back I know what I have to do (but can`t always do it ;) ). Kieran`s times just don`t seem to fit a pattern, and his times are a bit inconsistent, so I don`t know if he`s playing PSN or PC or something else. Don`t want to sound like a sore loser, I`m not, it`s just much easier with people we know or when someone else is doing times that you can see how it`s done, even if you can`t do it.

It`s always good to have new Wipeout 1 players around though, and I don`t want to rush into turning threads this way. :)

Darkdrium777
16th September 2008, 06:26 PM
Question: Is the PSN version of WipeOut allowed on these records, or is it too different from a PS1 version?

lunar
16th September 2008, 08:57 PM
The record rules seem to say we should use a disc. I don`t think PSN versions should be allowed. My PSN version runs very differently to my PS1 disc, has a different frame rate and looks very different too. I don`t think we could guarantee they are running the same, and it only takes a tenth either way to make it unbalance the records on many tracks. Karbonis and others are very tight indeed. Maybe because there are no ninja shortcuts, glitches or tricks, Wipeout 1 times seem to be very close and software/hardware differences could mean a lot. And it`s easy to get hold of an original disc if someone really wants to compete. :)

Task
16th September 2008, 09:14 PM
The record system here is only for games run on a Playstation 1, the PSN version is definitely not equivalent.

Lunar's a pretty good judge of WO1 times, I'm sure he's right about something being strange about those times, and PSN WO1 is likely the answer.

Although if there's a way to do those races that fast, I'd definitely want to know what it is as well! 8 )

Lance
16th September 2008, 09:49 PM
WZ records must be set with the disc playing on the console; both console and disc must be the same region code. PSN downloaded games would require a separate records table. [And BTW, no PC/computer version times are valid for the records.]

Darkdrium777
17th September 2008, 01:49 AM
Ok that's what I thought.
But I wouldn't say it's 'easy' to get an original PS1 WO disc. At least not for me... :/

Task
17th September 2008, 02:19 AM
Check the used game stores. I've seen a couple of them around. Pawn shops are also good places to look. They're not easy to find, but if you look you shall receive! 8 )

lunar
17th September 2008, 01:38 PM
sorry Xavier, I meant Ebay for getting Wipeout 1 copies and that`s not always easy. I didn`t mean that your local store would have one - a long shot at best. ;)

There used to be a player here called Drakkenmensch, also from Montreal I think, and he was lucky enough to find a long-box Wipeout 1 in a second hand store, IIRC. I would search for the thread and picture, but I`m at work and should do some! :)

Flashback Jack
17th September 2008, 01:57 PM
Wipeout 1 is dead easy to find on eBay (the one I found a few weeks ago was longbox). 3SE is downright difficult on the other hand.

- F

JABBERJAW
21st September 2008, 02:49 PM
"This is just a message for Kieran Noble the Wipeout 1 player. Could you just confirm that you`re using a PAL original Playstation format disc and an unmodified Playstation console as wipeoutzone rules state, and if so give a walkthrough as these Venom records are bloody good if legit, and I would congratulate you on them in that case.

http://www.wipeoutzone.com/records.p...&filter=unique

http://www.wipeoutzone.com/records.p...ds&sub_action=

http://www.wipeoutzone.com/records.p...ds&sub_action=

I`m not saying they aren`t legitimate and it can`t be done, and I don`t like making posts like this, but if you could give some description of racing line and turbo position I`d appreciate it, particularly for the Altima lap times. Thanks."

It has been about 6 days since this post with no reply. I have seen records posted for woxl by kieren in that time period, so I was wondering if you could answer this question for lunar since he spent so much time on this game. Lunar, have you sent a PM? I posted a talon's time below, and there are more like this, where kieren is in 26th place. Sure, this may be a single run on 2097, but is seems with the MUCH harder difficulty in WO1, that TALONS would be a cinch. I wonder if it is the Download wipeout (which I think is based on the Ntsc version.)

Arnaud Senand France Piranha 1:00:70
2 Pierluigi Alemanno Italy Piranha 1:01:00
3 mo Evans United Kingdom Piranha 1:01:20
4 Al Sartwell USA Piranha 1:01:20
5 Steven Hunter United Kingdom Piranha 1:01:30
6 Stéphane Cellier France Piranha 1:01:60
7 Clint Johnston Australia Piranha 1:03:30
8 Michael Kracke Germany Piranha 1:03:80
9 Thorsten Markgraf Germany Piranha 1:03:80
10 Jerome Smedt France Piranha 1:03:90
11 Guillaume Samoyeau France Piranha 1:04:30
12 Jonathon Skipper New Zealand Piranha 1:04:50
13 Cormier Vincent France Piranha 1:05:50
14 Stephen McMullan United Kingdom Piranha 1:05:80
15 Jared Denman Australia Piranha 1:06:00
16 Patrice PAYET France Piranha 1:06:70
17 Sarah Denman Australia Piranha 1:07:20
18 Thierry Mathieu Luxembourg Piranha 1:07:40
19 Thierry Mathieu Luxembourg Piranha 1:07:40
20 Andy Rainford United Kingdom Piranha 1:07:60
21 Benjamin Schmaedig Germany Qirex 1:07:70
22 David Elhaïk France Piranha 1:08:00
23 John Connelly United Kingdom Piranha 1:08:00
24 Richard Lampitt United Kingdom Piranha 1:09:00
25 Stephen Isles United Kingdom Qirex 1:09:20
26 KIEREN NOBLE 1:09.80

Lance
21st September 2008, 05:34 PM
Is Noble a member of the forums or just on the records tables?

Asayyeah
22nd September 2008, 12:35 PM
I ve checked the members forum list : KDN ( Kieran Noble) has not registered yet.

How can we contact him in that way ? ( i remember this kind of situation a year ago but no solution has been found except by Rob)

AG-wolf
22nd September 2008, 03:24 PM
I can appreciate the fact that some people may be less than honest and try to cheat to get faster times, or just enter in faster numbers in general... but isn't it kinda mean to be imediately skeptical of someone when their times are right near the top of the list? It's like, godforbid there's another person in the world who's ridiculously good at these games and who DIDN'T know WipeoutZone existed until just now.

I'd hang back until you can get some kind of response, but don't jump down their throat. :/

RJ O'Connell
22nd September 2008, 05:06 PM
Believe me, I've been through that, but that was largely because I was one of the first users to seriously make an attempt at WO1 records. At first my Altima VII times were 20-30 seconds ahead of 2nd. Now...not so much :g

Darkdrium777
22nd September 2008, 05:33 PM
I agree with AG-Wolf. Maybe he's playing with the PSN version and doesn't know it's very different than WipEout 1 PS1. It's a legitimate mistake so he shouldn't be accused of cheating just yet. It's also possible he really did get a better time, who knows.
To make sure we must contact him, but we have to figure out how before thinking that him not replying here means that he is effectively cheating. ;)

lunar
22nd September 2008, 08:16 PM
There`s no crisis here. Nobody is accusing Kieran of cheating. He`s pretty obviously not faking times, it could just be a misunderstanding. I`m asking for clarification because his Altima TT times seem faster than I could imagine are possible. He`s 8 tenths ahead of Enrique for the fastest lap. 8 tenths on Wipeout 1 venom is an eternity. Enrique is a tenth ahead of me, and believe me my lap is arrived through a lot of work - every speed pad, every inch of pitch control worked on, and every turbo point I can think of tested. I don`t understand how he could get 8 tenths on Enrique and 9 on me - doesn`t mean it could not be done, and if he doesn`t want to reply then hey ho we can live with it. If it`s legit this is a really great time - the rest of Kieran`s times elsewhere aren`t that great, but maybe he`s just great at Altima and knows some secrets about that track that no-one else does. This would be a very very difficult time to get - it would require a negcon and a lot of dedication and research if it`s possible at all. You wouldn`t get this time because of a lucky lap, and you would know why you had got it.

isn't it kinda mean to be imediately skeptical of someone when their times are right near the top of the list?

It`s not a matter of being "immediately skeptical", Kieran has been submitting times for a while and I try to choose my words, and wouldn`t bring this up if I didn`t seriously think there was something to talk about. I`m quite happy to get beaten, all of us are. The NTSC times in the same class and track are a lot closer, and I`m well beaten there. Yes it would be wrong to accuse someone of cheating just because you`re beaten, it`s just as misguided never to ask for clarification incase someone accuses you of a witch-hunt. Nothing wrong with politely asking him a question, as far as I can see. :)

Flashback Jack
22nd September 2008, 08:21 PM
I'm inclined to say the responses to the new records have been fairly measured thus far.

Isn't there a rule about a turnaround for records to be responded to before they're removed?

- F

JABBERJAW
23rd September 2008, 12:00 AM
"I`m quite happy to get beaten"

I know that cannot be true! :)

I am not accusing him of cheating either, but I guess that that was done with the ps3 version of the game, and should have not been entered, mistakenly, not on purpose. Eric, people accused me of cheating and I provided evidence to whoever wanted it, so I feel that someone who doesn't want to provide evidence, then the times are suspect. To be 26th on talon's reach in vector and first by a long shot in wo1, gets suspicions going due to the much higher difficulty of wipeout 1.

AG-wolf
23rd September 2008, 03:59 AM
lunar and al, you've both got fair arguments *nods*

all I can say is Im glad I'm content to get bitchin' times for my own objectives and not try to be on the top of each list ;) Qirex may never beat Piranha in XL, but damn if I'm not gonna try to at least be the fastest Qirex pilot :P

Give him a while to show proof I suppose

Asayyeah
23rd September 2008, 02:51 PM
Eric :' damn if I'm not gonna try to at least be the fastest Qirex pilot :p
'
Missed, it's Lance the purple bullet-brick mod

:P

AG-wolf
23rd September 2008, 05:46 PM
Ha, hardly. The only Phantom Time Trial times he has are on Valparaiso... where I have 3.2 seconds on him in single lap, and 23 seconds on him in race time. No shortcut involved, either.

I don't do the slower "difficulties" because they're a joke.

Flashback Jack
23rd September 2008, 06:04 PM
Slower classes are no joke in my opinion. In general they're a lot harder to time trial, because the lower speed means more people are putting out flawless laps, which leaves far, far less room to make mistakes and still end up on near or at the top of the tables. If anyone thinks putting out a top time in Phantom is difficult, I suggest he try fighting the pros on lower speed classes. :)

- F

JABBERJAW
24th September 2008, 12:31 AM
Yeah, but it is much much harder to get a good time on phantom. It is very hard to get in first on the slower speed classes

AG-wolf
24th September 2008, 03:02 PM
I might tool around with it sometime, I haven't been playing anything lately (I havent even finished Spilskinanke)

I can appreciate that it may be difficult to get the fastest ranked time on lower classes; but the only thing that appealed to me in the time trial runs I've done was getting my Phantom Qirex times *shrug* Like you said, anyone can get perfect laps at slower classes... but not just anyone can fly a concrete traffic barrier with an engine strapped to it at 330kph and not hit a wall :P

JABBERJAW
25th September 2008, 12:00 AM
I'll be giving the qirex a go soon

AG-wolf
25th September 2008, 07:02 AM
mind you, my times are without shortcuts and no negcon remember ;P That was the ultimate purpose of all the videos I was making.

Have they figured out how to do qirex AND piranha times on the tables yet?

Task
25th September 2008, 02:33 PM
Already done!
You can enter one time for each ship, and you can filter the tables to only show you records for one ship.

G'Kyl
27th September 2008, 06:12 PM
Qirex may never beat Piranha in XL

Have a look at the Venom lap records for Talon's Reach. *g*

Needed to be said. ;)

Lance
27th September 2008, 10:23 PM
Yep, Ben, you and I discovered this in a personal competition. Which was great fun.

love9sick
7th October 2008, 04:54 PM
Where do you guys post your scores? I just got the original again, though I am extremely rusty. Need to get back in shape, though Wipeout HD is making that a bit hard as that is what I play mostly.

Lance
7th October 2008, 05:51 PM
In the records tables of wipeoutzone.com, which requires [because of historical happenstance] a separate registration from that of the forums in order to post racetimes.

lunar
7th October 2008, 06:03 PM
Love9sick, please note that the PSN download version is not allowed on the tables, and all of the times are set with the original Playstation game disc for the correct region. The WipEout tables are pretty competitive, though I have to admit we don`t have 125,000 or so registered players like HD!

Lance
7th October 2008, 06:08 PM
Yes, as I just noted in another thread: with a disk and a console it was made for. Matching regions.

JABBERJAW
7th October 2008, 11:23 PM
has anything happened with these records as of yet? or contacted keiran

Medusa
21st October 2008, 09:33 PM
I came across him on DeviantArt, he said he has the PSN downloads but also said he has the PS1 version, and I've informed him that PSN version times aren't allowed...so we shall see what happens next.

JABBERJAW
22nd October 2008, 05:59 PM
Did he say what he got the times with?

Medusa
23rd October 2008, 09:24 PM
He replied saying he used the PS1 version, he apparently was already aware of the rules for the records and said he wished the zone had a records table for the PC version, lol.

So I guess the question is answered as best it may be, at present.

He posted pics of his times by the way, link here:
http://kdn2197.deviantart.com/art/Karbonis-V-lap-record-PAL-ver-92411050

lunar
23rd October 2008, 10:28 PM
thanks for asking him these questions, Medusa. If he would provide it, I`d still like an explanation/description of the Altima times as I can`t see where the time saving can be found. I can understand where your great NTSC times are coming from, but the PAL records seem too fast, though I could be wrong. A Negcon would be needed I`m sure. The Karbo SR times maybe are possible with a lot of turbos.

The screenshot Kieran provided doesn`t seem at all right to me and I still wonder if there is a misunderstanding here. I have the PAL disc version of the original WipEout, which I used to set my times, and the font colour used on the records page that is in the screenshot is red, not yellow. Yellow is used in the NTSC version and PSN versions, red in PAL PS1 disc. I`ve never heard of a yellow-font PAL disc version, but maybe such a thing exists.

If it does exist, I want it of course. :)

Medusa
23rd October 2008, 10:33 PM
I wonder whether he understood me as well. I don't think I explained it as clearly as I should have, and the answer wasn't as clear as I would have liked...but what can you do. I hope he does stop by and explain here, I did ask him to.

If the font colour is wrong than that means the wrong version was used, doesn't it? The others with PAL version Wipeout discs could answer whether they've got yellow/orange font instead of red.

Zackdem
26th October 2008, 11:27 PM
Hi everybody,
I put a lot of new singles race & lap records, but I can't barely remember the ship I used to do them: I did it 10 years ago and was almost playing with Feisar & AG sys, but can't know what ship match with what race, sorry for that.

lunar
27th October 2008, 01:30 AM
Hi Zackdem, great to have a new WipEout player :beer Thanks for posting, I think most of your times were probably AG Systems. I don`t think Feisar is fast enough to get some of them - I did check them out :redface: Anyway welcome to the site. :)

Medusa
27th October 2008, 02:52 PM
Yeah, welcome Zackdem! Nice times by the way. Yeah, I look at them even though I have no times on that table.:redface::redface:

Zackdem
27th October 2008, 07:49 PM
Thank you guys. I just have to say that I am totally unable to do them again now. I try to play again recently but......... :dizzy I'm too old for this :)
I'm happy to see that some people are still interested in this good old Wipe

lunar
27th October 2008, 09:16 PM
You`re never too old, I`m sure you would get your skills back, but it might take a while because these are quick times. :)

If you don`t think you can remember the ship, would you consider changing the ship to AG Systems for your times? I`m really sure that you must have used AG Sys, and if you look at your times on the tables you see almost everyone else has used it to get the fast times. I played a lot of original WipEout last year and I think it was only Arridos on Rapier where Feisar could challenge AGS, because Feisar doesn`t bump so much on that track. Excuse me for this, but I love these tables. ;)

Anyway I hope you do get flying again, but maybe not quite as fast as before ;)

Zackdem
28th October 2008, 12:41 PM
Yeh for sure i'll fly again,
with WO HD some good feelings are back but I need more time to have my old WO reflexes back & to learn the new flying technics (I mean barrel rolls and side shift are new for me, I need to pratice that to improve my times) and learn the new circuits.

JABBERJAW
10th November 2008, 07:06 PM
medusa, is there any way you could ask kieren about his racing lines for those records, or video on youtube or something. If he is doing something different, I would really like to see it. As lunar has pointed out, we thought we had near maxed out the times, especially for TT

Medusa
13th November 2008, 06:28 PM
I asked him to stop by the forum here and give some explanation. (I think it shows in the comments in the above link I posted?) But as lunar discovered, the picture he posted has the wrong font colour, so that can't be from the correct version, can it?

He sounds like a real fan, unfortunately if he doesn't care enough to come here to defend the times he's posted...well, it seems fishy to me.:- I'd love to be wrong.

RJ O'Connell
14th November 2008, 03:22 PM
I'm curious, what versions of the game could someone hypothetically run to get faster lap times?

Lance
14th November 2008, 03:42 PM
Perhaps we should not publicise any cheat techniques.

lunar
14th November 2008, 04:29 PM
I don`t think there are any secret cheat methods at all. It`s just that every version of the game is subtly different in speed. If you enter NTSC, PSN, PC, Saturn, modded console, PC-emulated or other times on PAL Playstation tables you`re not comparing like with like. You might as well have a competition in who can invent the lowest time. Not that I`m suggesting that is what has happened here, we have a screenshot. Though that screenshot doesn`t look like decent proof because of the font colour being wrong, afaik, for PAL Playstation.

Another thing that seems odd about the screenshot is why aren`t there any other times on the list under the fastest one, and it`s still the default names? I bet all WipEout players have lists that are all AAAs, or RJOs. Even if he doesn`t have a memory card, in a record attempt session wouldn`t you soon fill up the fastest times list and remove some of the default names? If real this is a very fast time, but how many people just switch on their console and break a record at the first run? Obviously that`s not proof of anything, but it all just doesn`t add up, to me, for that and other reasons including the Altima TT times themselves which require some explanation about turbo-location, necgon setup etc. He could be a dedicated player who really knows his game, but doesn`t seem to care enough to prove it anyway.

Lance
14th November 2008, 07:02 PM
What I was attempting to get at, I guess, was that posting a genuine time that you can show a pic of, but which is entered in the tables for a different version is a cheat technique that should not be encouraged. Not that anyone needs our help in inventing ways to cheat. Some people have cheating as their greatest skill. ;)

edit: BTW, if some [or all] of the stuff I'm saying doesn't seem to make sense, it might be because it doesn't because I've not been truly awake and alert for the last few days. [or weeks]

[or somethin'] :g

JABBERJAW
15th November 2008, 08:25 PM
lunar wrote "I`ve never heard of a yellow-font PAL disc version, but maybe such a thing exists."

I will check it out tonight. my guess is that this is the ntsc version put in the pal records. If it is it should be removed. I'll check all of the versions I can.

lunar
15th November 2008, 08:57 PM
thanks Al. It would be weird if there were two different Pal PS1 versions, and I would be interested to know why. And I would want the yellow one ;) I have two Pal copies and both are red.

JABBERJAW
29th November 2008, 03:38 PM
hey, could someone who owns a wipeout download for ps3 FROM EUROPE ON A EUROPEAN ACCOUNT check out the default times for karbonis single race venom speed for me and post the names, and the times here. thanks

lunar
29th November 2008, 07:54 PM
Djr 2.43.0
nik 2.56.0
dar 3.15.0
dom 3.31.0
lee 3.43.0

JABBERJAW
5th December 2008, 01:25 AM
MEdusa, could you ask him to try and put up a youtube video or something. The testing I did definitely makes me suspect of that time with a dpad, but I would like to see it if it is real.

lunar
8th December 2008, 07:57 AM
Awesome work on Altima, really squeezing out the seconds :clap

JABBERJAW
8th December 2008, 05:54 PM
There never was an explanation for the time, or real proof either. There is no way you accidentally walk into a lap that fast on wipeout 1 without being able to explain the line, especially these times, that I played hours to get to.

There are ways to cheat to make the ship move really fast, but I will not post it here. The way I am suggesting would allow you to turn on the system, and beat the record on the first try, hence only having one default name on the table, so a real proof would be a video, or maybe even a turn by turn explanation of the race

lunar
9th December 2008, 04:31 PM
I completely agree, there`s no way to get record laps on a track this competitive in this game without knowing exactly how you did it for every pixel of the lap. Wipeout 1 is such a subtle game, all about finding the perfect combination of the highest possible speed and the most efficient line. Ways of keeping the speed up require almost scientific research, which is tough without ghost ships. I noticed you are moving onto NTSC territory now. Yikes! Energy Critical! Man the Negcons! Or failing that man the lifeboats ;)

JABBERJAW
9th December 2008, 06:02 PM
I figured since I was on the track anyway, might as well try that one, I race it differently as well since it seems like it slides more than the pal version. It's possible I need to brake and pitch more though

Medusa
9th December 2008, 07:28 PM
Wowawowa Al! Super times there, great job!:clap (Thank goodness it's been long enough since I've touched WipEout that I'm not driven insane by jealousy. (more insane, that is...) Finally, sweet relief. No more heart attacks looking at the home page, lol.

Sorry I'm so late, you beat me out asking about the YouTube upload.

JABBERJAW
13th December 2008, 07:35 PM
Kieran Noble on
Dec 13th 2008 @ 11:19 Wipeout (PAL) Altima VII Qirex Venom Time Trial
Lap Time 1:10:60

Kieran Noble on
Dec 13th 2008 @ 10:36 Wipeout (PAL) Altima VII Qirex Venom Time Trial
Race Time 3:37:40

The altima times were updated with slower times ( a few different times) than the original (full race)

The time trial lap time is crap, no way, not with a dpad, and may not even be possible with a negcon. People have asked him at deviant art to prove his time, besides a screen shot. I spent a lot of time with the lap time for altima (three nights), and he beats it no problem with a dpad. Anyway, he has not responded at all. He should be saying how the time was gotten if he really is able to get this sort of time. This should be deleted if he will not show proof. Sorry, but I am pissed about this guy, either making up times or using a gameshark, and then posting times that Lunar, myself RJ, and isadora put so much time into. If he had a different route, there should be issue with explaining his time, but there are not many different routes for this track. Also, when he was asked which version regular or platinum, he said he got the times with the original version. How come then are the fonts yellow. Then he wouldn't answer some other guys question on deviant art about the times for over 5 days

Task
13th December 2008, 10:20 PM
Kieran Noble on
Dec 13th 2008 @ 11:19 Wipeout (PAL) Altima VII Qirex Venom Time Trial
Lap Time 1:10:60
Had a look into the user, their records account references a "KDN" forum account that doesn't exist, so we can't PM. We've given Kieran a lot of time to respond, and without some sort of a response as to what racing line or magical technique was used to get that kind of time, I can only think that it was a data entry error (keyboard mistakes are pretty common) or it was done on the PSP version of WO1 (which is significantly easier to get fast times on I hear) or something like that.
The rest of Kieran's times (not many, seems to be an Altima VII specialist) are pretty good, but I don't see any argument against them. That TT lap time definitely stands out though. I'll edit it down for now and we'll see what happens.

PM me if there's a reason to change it back and I can re-adjust it.

JABBERJAW
13th December 2008, 11:31 PM
I'm not sure what is happening, but the time on the wipeout records entered is now 1:12.4. He started with a supposed 1:11.2, then 1;10.6, now a 1:12.4

for single race, his record was a supposed 3:36.4, now it is a 3:37.4. He has been contacted on his website regarding his times by another member, answered some questions, but has given no response there as to how he got his times, it has been a few weeks since the topic came up.

Jay the time for karbonis SR lap is extremely questionable as well. It took me hours to get LUCKY to get that time, although even with a dpad that may be possible with hours of playing, and alot of luck (meaning picking up turbos in specific locations). Minimum of three on lap one in the right areas. Even 4 turbos on lap 2 did not give me this time.

lunar
14th December 2008, 08:36 AM
I agree with Al, his times should be deleted until we get proof and explanations, or I think he should be given a deadline to give proof and explanations of very questionable times. His behaviour in entering times is unusual.

Yesterday morning his Pal Altima venom TT times were 3.36.2/1.11.1 for lap and race.

then yesterday he upated to slower times - 3.40.xx (can`t remember the tenths and 1.11.9.

Why did he get rid of his earlier times? If they were legit why replace them?

About 20 minutes after that update he changed his times again to 3.37.4/1.11.4, still slower than Al and his previous "records", but getting closer again.

About 40 minutes after that he changed the lap time to 1.10.6 - a new record and probably unbeatable. As Al explained, this is very doubtful. If someone is going to claim unbeatable times they need to be either a known and trusted person who has done their time of proving themselves in the past, as most have had to do, or they should provide some proof, I think. I think all this times swapping just makes me doubt him more. If he can prove himself well done to him, but at the moment it really all looks very fishy to me.

I think this 1.10.6 now is lower because Task edited it down (thanks).

JABBERJAW
14th December 2008, 11:33 AM
He will not even explain it on his site, where he talked about the ship he used, but nothing about the race when asked a variety of questions by someone called Wipeouthd. He stopped answering questions about 10 days ago or so, when you read down the comments on the times

Darkdrium777
14th December 2008, 09:20 PM
I am also going to delete the records I have uploaded because they are not from the original PS1 version. There is differents beween the Euro PS1 and US & PSN version that I have. The European PS1 version has red fonts and the PSN & the North American version has yellow fonts on them, how can I be an idiot for not knowing the different coloured fonts, it's been a while since I played the first WipEout and I blame my head for not knowing.

The old records will be replaced by the PS1 version records, I have files of the PS1, PC and the Sega Saturn records as well. And I will be editing my times I have put on WipeoutZone.

I still blame myself for not knowing the fonts though.Does this explain his behaviour?

http://kdn2197.deviantart.com/

JABBERJAW
15th December 2008, 12:22 AM
What do the fonts have to do with what is on the memory card for the specific games? The records shown on the memory card should be correct, when you put a ntsc disk into the system, it will not load the pal records, but the ntsc ones.

Anyway, at least they were removed, thanks xavier for posting this

Task
15th December 2008, 01:54 AM
Ah, there we go, I was hoping for a response.
So now we know, he was indeed using the PSN version.
His mistake, but those times are definitely not valid in our PS1 tables.
All his times have been deleted!

Let me know if you see any ones I missed.

JABBERJAW
15th December 2008, 02:36 AM
karbonis sr lap and race time